Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


401 to 450 of 1,954 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"So, its violence is it? Pity"

Lodoro drops both his katana and javelin and advances, drawing his glaive as he does and waving it to the left and right to distract the enemy. He then strikes at the figure to his left and south (I'm not sure which figure is which)

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


With one blow Rutilus drops the tengu near Adonara.

Lodoro attacks Korva and she howls in pain

Kira and Baolo, back to you


Female Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 39/39 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +11, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 3/5

Kira fires a crossbow bolt at Korva, then quickly reloads.

L. Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The unconscious tengu will regain consciousness in 2d4 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3) - 1 = 6 more rounds.


Korva just manages to dodge the crossbow bolt.

Baolo, your action


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Squeezing between Adonara and Rutilus, Baolo calls out, "You are about the find out the perils of risking yourselves on this little venture!" Reaching one of the Tengu attackers, he thrusts out with his divinely guided weapon, attempting to pierce the creature who was looking to pierce his own comrades.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Attack: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Move action to close with enemy, Standard action to attack.


Baolo deals a mighty blow to Korva


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Am I up?


The remaining tengu fires at Baolo

shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Forgot the remaining tengu! Now it's your action Pellius


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Pellius steps up further and takes aim at the one creature he doesn't have to worry about hitting his companions if he misses. The creature on the left of the map by the boxes, for clarity.

Ranged: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"This new bow takes a bit to pull, but I cannot argue with the power." The bard muses to himself outloud. "Let me know if you think we need a good tune to finish these treacherous tengu sneaks."


Pellius' arrow flies true and the remaining tengu falls backward, the arrow entering its eye and through into its brain.

The corby moves forward and attacks Lodoro.

claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Adonara, your action

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

“Thanks!” Adonara calls, acknowledging Rutilus’ timely intervention as he takes down the tengu threatening her before it does any more damage: with a gesture, she suggests a way to harry the bird-like foe currently beset by Baolo and Lodoro. If he goes that way, and I go this way… She breaks left around Baolo, leading with the point of her blade, and stabs at the creature the group is rapidly surrounding.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20 I think Adonara’s flanking with Lodoro? If not, knock off that last +2 from the roll.
Damage?: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


Adonara strikes Korva who squeaks in pain, and falls backward, dying.

Lodoro and Rutilus your actions


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As the tengu falls, Rutilus nods to Adonara. "No thanks necessary," he says as he makes his way to the final foe. As he swings, he twists his blade, striking with the flat, hoping for answers as why they attacked

Move: Move next to the last enemy
Standard: Non lethal attack

attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7
nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Rutilus misses

Lodoro, your action


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro will dance back a little, feinting to the left and right before trying to strike down the last enemy

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


With Lodoro's final blow the corby falls dead.

Loot: 2 potions of cure light wounds
M/w chain shirt
dagger
m/w kukri
m/w thieves tools
3 bottles of Korvosan brandy (worth 25gp each)
5 sunrods
20gp
3 daggers
3 shortbows with 20 arrows
three copper bracelets worth 15gp each
Silver locket with the elven word "mother" engraved on it worth 100gp
playing cards worth 50gp
Two crates of Varisian clothing worth 400gp in total
72gp
holy symbol of Abadar worth 150gp

In addition in a satchel you find a series of notes. The tengu were known as the Fushi sisters and they adopted a dire corby called Chough mistakenly thinking she was a tengu. As she grew older she became more violent and ill tempered and it became more difficult to live in Riddleport. After Chough killed the wrong people in Riddleport the sisters had to flee and arranged to be smuggled out of town by Nan.
Arriving in Kintargo, Chough's madness took over and she killed their guide, Nan and fed his body to the crocodile. Not having a guide the sisters were forced to remain in the tunnels. They feel that they might have to deal with the Chough problem permanently but are concerned that Chough may already suspect them.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Wiping the blood from his blade before sheathing it, Baolo takes a pull form his ever present mug as the details of the note are revealed before stating, "Seems this Nan fella was more keen on the coin he could make than vetting his passengers. A sad way for this all to end." Then, wiping the foam that collected o his upper lip, he adds, "Quite the set up that was down here...unless these rooms hold some other mysteries, it looks like there is only two ways in and out. I can see why the lady's been sitting on tops of this for so long."

Then, putting himself to the task of sorting out what had been ofund, he makes sure to include, "Once we are done here, guess we better tell the one waiting above what we found...I can help with wrapping and caring for the body...had enough experience hauling limp, smelly bodies about over at the Tankard."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Are any of the tengu themselves able to be saved?

"Such a shame... if they had walked out or let us know about the corby, this might have turned out differently. Are any of them still alive?"


One of the Tengu is unconscious

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

Knocked out by colour spray or bleeding out? If the latter, Adonara's got stabilize and will use it, but in any case...

As the group cleans up, realizing that one of the tengu is just unconscious, Adonara reaches behind her back and produces the manacles she confiscated from one of the Thrune thugs the day before.

"I hadn't planned to use these so soon, at least in this way," she smirks, before speaking more seriously,"but even if tengu aren't as wild as corbies, I wouldn't want to try to bring them through the coffeehouse unrestrained. There are still the other rooms Kira saw to check too, right?"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus cleans his blade before sheathing it. Shaking his head as the notes are read. Rutilus agrees with Pellius, "While I have no regret in defending us, it is disappointing to have slain what amounts to refugees. However, their ambush tactics left us no choice." Then to Adonara, "You are correct, I believe she said it was a barracks of some sort. Though if the tengu's notes are to be believed, they have been down here for days. It stands to reason there is no one else down here. Let us make sure and then report back to Laria"


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro sadly intones
"What a waste of life

Deadly underground
A misguided corby kill
before the tengu"

[b]"Does anybody mind if I take one of the short bows?"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Not at all. I'll take the thieves tools unless someone else is looking for them


Female Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 39/39 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +11, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 3/5

Seeing the last enemy fall, Kira takes a moment to heal herself.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

By the time she's finished, the others are already searching the room while Adonara restrains the surviving tengu. Her curiosity is peaked by the notes, which she quickly skims.

"A waste indeed. They were scared and didn't know what to do about their 'sister.' If only they'd listened to us; we might not have needed to fight. Now...now I'm not sure what to do. Turning her over to the Dottari is probably a death sentence. Do you think we should leave her restrained down here while we notify Laria of what happened and get her opinion? It is her hideout after all...and Nan was her friend."


@Adonara- yeah it was the colour spray that knocked it unconscious

Are you now heading back to Laria?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Pellius nods but looks concerned. "I would normally think you would be right, Kira. Laria was his friend and thus should have some say in her fate, though I would argue that turning her over to the Dottari might not be the best idea. After all, we are likely not on their 'favored people' list after yesterday, and the idea of turning over anyone to Thrune's enforcers sits foul with me. I think we should wake her," he points to the bound tengu, "and get her thoughts on her new situation before we go further."

Pellius proceeds to grab a few of the better men's garments from the crate, as well as the chain shirt (assuming no one stops him) before turning to the others.

"In any case, we should bring her with us up to Laria. Preferably awake. We should also probably take the remains of Nan as well, so they can get properly interred somewhere other than an alligator's stomach."


Female Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 39/39 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +11, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 3/5

"Oh I agree we shouldn't turn her into the Dottari. Sorry. I was mulling over a few things and that came out wrong." Kira looks worried. "I'm okay with waiting for her to wake up and seeing what she thinks, but...we did just kill her sisters. She's going to be upset. That's why I don't think we should bring her upstairs, at least without Laria's approval. She could cause both us and Laria a lot of trouble if she, for example, started screaming that there was a secret hideout here."

While waiting for the tengu to wake up, Kira looks around for something suitable to put Nan's remains in.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"We need to wake her up and decide what to do with her. See what she says, at least"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

“Quite,” Adonara nods tersely while waiting for the spell to wear off.

“I’m sure we could arrange for a gag too, once we’ve talked,” she adds, though she’s never actually applied one to a beak yet. “It might be best to move her to the basement proper, in case we decide it’s best to cut her loose rather than risk her getting loose on her own. Either way, the shorter the space we need to guard her before she moves on, the better: shucking off bonds isn’t something I’m particularly well-trained in, but I know it can be done, and I’m sure no one wants to risk another unpleasant surprise where there’s lots of room to hide.”


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

After listening for awhile to the discussion on what to do with their prisoner, Rutilus speaks up. "Moving a prisoner can be difficult particularly if they are uncooperative. Adonara has him restrained. If we are worried about noise, we can tie his beak shut with some cloth to keep him from making too much noise. Most of us can stand guard over him while someone lets Laria know what we found. These are her tunnels and Nan was her friend. Perhaps Laria should decide his fate."


Kira, you find a case that is about the right side for a body.

The rest of you bind and gag the tengu and carry her back to Laria.

Laria is deeply upset at the death of Nan but acknowledges that it wasn't directly the fault of the tengu. As a result she is willing to employ the tengu under the aegis of the Bellflower Network, doing minor tasks for the time being.

As a reward she pays you 200gp.

"You need somewhere to hide out while you make plans and recruit followers. I would suggest that the Wasp's Nest is probably the best place for you to use and I willingly give it to you. Using it will also ensure that your families are safe.

I think your first step would be to perform small missions, taking small steps against Thrune's occupation.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Had he heard the halfling right? She's willing to give them the space they need to begin to fight against the current government? Baolo had been considering offer his family's own tavern...once he had a chance to see how committed these people were to freeing Kintargo. Indeed, that would be the way to show his faith in the Drunken Hero. But this would be better...to protect his family and livelihood.

"My thanks to you Laria for putting your trust in us. We will be sure to use the space and funds you have given wisely," Baolo replies graciously. "Speaking of missions, does the Network have any leads that we could follow or work that needs done?"


"There are several areas you could start at. Your primary goal should be to gain recruits by aiding others. I have a few leads that may help you.

1) Decoding the documents: These were made by the original Silver Ravens, Rexus is working on this but it may take some time.

2) Investigating the Fires: During the Night of Ashes, three buildings mysteriously burned to the ground. The consensus is that these buildings were specifically targeted by Barzillai Thrune. The three affected ruins were the Victocora Estate, the Thrashing Badger Tavern and a music store called the Silver Star. Its possible that there are clues in the ruins that would explain why those buildings were targeted.

3: Prisoners of Salt: A group of mercenaries are being held in the Sallix Salt Works in Old Kintargo. They are led by a man named Forvian Crowe. The guards stationed at Sallix Salt Works are not official members of the Cult of Asmodeus.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Thank you for letting us use this place as a base. I'd definitely prefer to endanger my family as little as possible.

Ok, we HAVE to investigate the Silver Star. Why would anybody target a music store? That is just wrong. Praise Shelyn, I vote for going there first"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

After the group explains what they’ve turned up from their explorations below, Adonara is impressed by Laria’s generosity, not least in the case of the surviving tengu. She can’t help but think of grudges she’s held herself that were much less directly involved in someone hurting people she’s close to. Retrieving her manacles cautiously but gently, she reiterates Baolo’s thanks, “You’re too kind, Miss Longroad. If ever you need any other help, please let us know.”

She adds a meaningful glance and a careful tone to suggest that this includes Bellflower Network business. It would take her a while to sort through her mental files of connections and go-betweens, but as a well-intentioned subversive, Adonara is hardly entirely unaware of the Network’s activities. “In the meantime, please also let us know if this one gives you any trouble, and she and I will have a little heart-to-heart.”

Despite Calistrians’ reputations, there’s no threat in Adonara’s tone in the last: after all, vengeance is not incompatible with a measure of mercy and a chance to learn from one’s mistakes, and the rest of the surviving Fushi sister’s family has already paid the last price for their folly.

Lodoro Balbus wrote:

"Thank you for letting us use this place as a base. I'd definitely prefer to endanger my family as little as possible.

Ok, we HAVE to investigate the Silver Star. Why would anybody target a music store? That is just wrong. Praise Shelyn, I vote for going there first"

She accedes to Lodoro's suggestion happily, “It’s a start, and if we talk to balladeers and other folk like that, it might inspire more people to resistance.”

I suppose we should start thinking about the rules in the Player’s Guide? I’ll post a couple of initial ideas in the Discussion thread.


Are you heading to the Silver Star then?


Female Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 39/39 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +11, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 3/5

With the decision made to release the tengu and have her help Laria, Kira quickly undoes the bindings. "I'm very sorry about what happened. I'm...I'm afraid I don't know much about tengu funerary customs. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know."

In the meantime, she joins in the thanks. "You're being very generous, Laria. Thank you for all your help. As for where to go next..." She frowns. "I hate to be the dissenting vote, but don't you think we should look at the prisoners first? It's been over a week. Whatever evidence may have been at the sites is likely gone. But the prisoners could be transferred, tortured, executed...there's no telling what might happen to them."

Despite that argument, she won't protest if the majority vote is to examine the ruins.

Not trying to hold things up, just offering a different perspective. If one more person votes for the Silver Star Kira will go along with it.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus is surprised at the leniency and generosity of Laria. "If anyone hurt Tesario or Cassie, even unintentionally, I don't think I could employ them. Then again, the blood debt has been paid with its family" As Adonara releases the manacles, Rutilus keeps a close eye on the Tengu, wary of it retaliating for the death of its family.

As the conversation moves on, Rutilus speaks up. "I would like to add my thanks to that of the others. Anything that keeps our families safe while we embark on this is much appreciated. I find though I must agree with Kira on our next course of action. Its possible there are clues there after all this time and if there are they will most likely still be there later. Prisoners on the other hand may be executed at any time. Men owing you their freedom are also more likely to join your cause."


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

"To me, the clear next step is to free those prisoners. Sure, we might lose some information should one of those places be rummaged through in the time that we are on this task. And sure, confronting guards could expose out presence. But these man'd lives at the more immediate concern. If these mercenaries were jailed...it must have been for a reason that could work to our advantage. Especially if it means we end up with grateful mercenaries for hire," Baolo adds before tipping back his mug of ale.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

Kira’s suggestion is a useful (deciding whether that is welcome or too uncomfortable to be is tricky) reminder of the nastier realities of life in Cheliax from which Adonara has managed to largely insulate herself in the louche circles she moves in, and which are rather alien to what her upbringing has prepared her for.

“You’re right, of course, Kira. I wasn’t thinking: back home, on the rare occasion we have call to lock someone up, it’s to keep them around, not as a prelude to making them disappear in messier sorts of ways.”

She likes the way Baolo thinks. “Let’s hope they’re running vindictive rather than scared, but it’s the right thing to do, anyway, and it is curious as to how they managed to step on Thrune toes.”


Sallix Salt Works is located outside Salt Gate in Old Kintargo. Here heavy loads of wet salt from the brine swamps to the south are delivered daily. These loads are dumped into the Salt Works' wide clay-lined pit, where furnaces burn night and day to dry the salt.

Map slide 6


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Pellius looks like he was about to mention that he might be able to help with the translation, but merely shrugs and follows the others wordlessly.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Note, I quite agree that in a PBP when an obvious consensus is forming go with it. That said

"I think that you're right, Kira. Lets free the prisoners first and THEN go to the music shop"

At the salt works
"Does anybody have a subtle cunning plan or are we just going to walk up to the door and fight the guards?"

Am I interpreting the map correctly if I say there are two separate buildings and a fenced area between them? Are there any visible guards outside?


Yeah it's 2 buildings separated by a covered patio work yard (D6)

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 4 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 18/38 | AC 21 | T 13 | FF 18 | CMD 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +3| Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc + 7

“I might be able to do subtle and cunning,” Adonara smiles, “but I’m afraid I’m not the best liar, and I didn’t prepare my best spells for sneaky work today. Just give me a moment.”

She’d take a quick turn about the building if it’s safe to do so, checking especially if it would be possible at all to slip through the fence into D6, either along the longer length of it or in the square between D2 and D7, or how easy it would be to climb over. It doesn’t sound like there are any guards outside.

Before too long, she reappears from the other side of the street. “It looks like there’s only the one respectable way of getting in and out. Convenient, for an impromptu prison.” Waiting for our GM to weigh in before speculating as to whether the door would be the best way for all of us to get in, but…

“It might come to knocking on that door, and then various heads and so on,” she admits. She turns to Pellius, and inquires brightly, “Do you still have that medallion? I think we might have an exciting new drama to perform!”

Putting on my Strategist hat, here’s what I can think of pending more intel. Someone good at bluffing could try the front door, possibly with another ‘suspect’ to interrogate or something. Depending on how easy it is (or not) to find another way in, another couple of us could try another way. We might want to keep close enough that we can all regroup quickly if we meet any resistance or open up a way that works for everyone. Depending on windows, cover, and street traffic, we might be able to disguise our numbers from folks inside, at least, by pairing off either sneaky people with less so, and/or keeping people good at fast talk together. So Pellius and Lodoro could stick together, or each be shadowed by one of the rest of us, say. Subtle enough? Or oversubtle enough to backfire in amusing ways? ;) (I even had fun with arrows and stuff on the map!)


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Sorry had a busy weekend so far but to add to strategy. If you are looking to pull off the whole "we have another prisoner" routine. Rutilus would probably make a good "prisoner." He has decent sleight of hand and disable device skills. He could maybe be put in with the prisoners and unlock all of their shackles and cells everything. Rutilus's social skills however are absolutely horrible. Though studied target does give a +1 so its -1 instead of -2 modifier


Area D6 is the work yard - a small covered patio for meeting with customers and readying larger loads for delivery. It has a small 5 foot high chain link fence separating it from the street.

Adonara, as you sneak around you can hear the sound of marching feet moving around the main building. There are no windows so you can't see inside. You see some of the guards move into the smaller building (D7) periodically as if they go there at the end of their shift.


What do you want to do?


Female Gnome Oracle 5 | HP 39/39 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +11, SM +8 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 3/5

"I don't like the idea of sending anyone in as a prisoner until we know more about what's happening inside. Pellius, do you and/or Lodoro think you could talk them into letting you 'inspect' the place? Maybe with me along as your clerk? I'm actually a fairly decent liar." She looks embarrassed to have admitted that. "Plus if things went south I could call the mists to help us escape. Meanwhile everyone else could keep watch outside. Ideally, we get in, get intel, and get out again. Even if all we learn is that the guards are too competent to let us in, that's still something."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 5 | AC 17 T 11 F 16 | HP 26/26 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 5/5 Lvl 2: 3/3 | Performance: 19/19 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +9

Sorry about the delay. Also, Pellius can cast that drowsyness spell on groups of guards to decrease their perception rolls. Something to keep in mind.

Pellius nods at Adonara with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, I still have it... mostly in case we got stopped on the streets. Why?" He pulls it out as he says this.

401 to 450 of 1,954 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.