Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


251 to 300 of 1,420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius' eyes widen a bit at the sight of the forms willingly moving within the muck. Who or what would be willing to bathe in that filth?"

"We are not alone... don't make too much attention, but three ... things... are taking a swim."

He repeats this in Infernal in case Kira is still unable to understand common.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Magic or not, Kira still backs away nervously from the runes.

Infernal:
"Um, I think someone tried to open a portal to Hell here. Or, well, more accurately I think someone did open a portal to Hell. It wouldn't have lasted for more than a second or two, they didn't do a very good job of it, but something still might have slipped through. So, whatever it is you're seeing in the muck might actually literally be a creature from Hell?"

She ducks back through the gap in the wall and gets behind Baolo, crossbow at the ready.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus gets in a defensive position with his shield raised near the front of the group. "A portal to hell!? You don't think those rats capable of something like that do you? Surely the Silver Ravens wouldn't have anything to do with that." He then mentally scolds himself. "It doesn't matter, focus on the now... three possible hell spawn are in the sludge."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"A portal to hell? The actual, real, non metaphorical hell? Well, uh, I hope nothing major came through!"

Lodoro steps up to the sludge, glaive at the ready. If there is something in there that even LOOKS hostile this time he'll attack it lethally. Even he has his limits when it comes to non lethal violence

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Unable to follow Kira’s nervous burst of Infernal, Adonara is grateful that some of the others are able to translate. She grows pale at what she hears: she’s never seen an open portal that’s not an aiudara, but she knows what can come out of them all too well. Still, she swallows her fear. Pull yourself together. You wouldn’t want to let Via down now, would you?

Rutilus makes a good point, too. Adonara steps forward, musing aloud, “Purposeful desecration by whoever came through here? Some idiot Hellknights getting in over their heads?”

She tries to approach the cistern with a wide arc, so that anything that leaps out can’t charge all of the group at once. She puts on a brave face as she steps closer to the edge, about ten feet further along than Lodoro, and even musters a bit of another grin. With just a hint of teasing suggestion, she offers, “Looks like we two have something in common.”

“An eager reach,” she explains, alluding to both their weapons of choice. “Shall we just … give the waters a bit of a stir?”

The banter helps, perversely, to push through agonizing memory to try to recall the different weaknesses of demons and of devils. Which of them can resist acid again? And it’s cold iron for pitspawn, silver for hell-, right? Kn. (planes): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Untrained, just aiming for any of the basics she can get. I really need to scrape an Int boost up for some more skill points, honestly. It’s a bit embarrassing.

Anyway, unless everyone tells her it’s a really bad idea, she’ll swipe her whip through the goop: not trying to hit anything, but to see if what Pellius saw is something that will actually respond to the group’s poking about. And please tell me someone else picked up the other silver dagger from Rexus’ offerings, just so Adonara’s not the only one. :)


Adonara, you recall that devils require silver weapons.

As Adonra stirs the sludge there is a sudden burst of sludge up into the air and three creatures emerge. They are roiling waves of flesh. Amid the fatty surge wriggle half-formed limbs and a dripping tumorous face.

Knowledge planes to tell what they are. You can all have an attack of opportunity


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

I assume we are still affected by bless?

AoO: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 ... not that that matters for me, mind you....

Pellius, true to form, swings wildly and inaccurately at the ... things... that emerge.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Bless lasts for two minutes. Not sure how long it's been since the previous combat, but given we searched the upstairs room for loot I would assume it's been more than two minutes.

K. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Kira shares whatever information she knows about the creatures while firing off a shot from her crossbow.

Light Crossbow, Melee Penalty: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20
Crit Confirm, Melee Penalty: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10

P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Kira would have taken the second silver dagger if no one else did. There were also two bracers of armor +1, but she wouldn't have had any use for those.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Whatever the things are, roiling in that filth isn’t natural, and if someone tried to breach the planes here… A vicious and expressive Elven curse bursts from Adonara’s lips as her free hand drops to the new dagger at her hip.

“If these are devils, they’ll be stronger against weapons that aren’t silver!” she calls out in warning, desperately trying to remember at least the last word in Infernal to warn Kira. Atizoe? Lauriotis? No! Argentum!?

While she’s getting her dagger out, she lashes out with her whip again, trying to pull the creature nearest to Lodoro off its feet, to give him an opening. AoO, trip attempt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Yaargh! What are those?"

Attack of opportunity
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 (Not silver, unfortunately)


Kira, you recognise the creatures as lemures but don't recall anything else.

Kira's crossbow strikes one of the creatures.

Adonara's whip comes flashing out and trips one of the lemures.

Lodoro strikes another of the creatures.

Anyone else?


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As the creatures come out of the sludge, Rutilus takes a swing at them. "A silver blade, can't say I have one of those"Rutilus says before continuing under his breath ... and if I did I would have probably fenced it"

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
crit damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 8) + 8 = 22


Rutilus deals a mighty blow and although some of the damage does not get through it is enough to finish the creature and its body vanishes in a puff of black smoke and a smell of brimstone as it dies.


Baolo, are you taking an AOO?


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Everything happened very quickly. With the creatures rising from the muck, it was good to see that his new comrades were quick to react, when needed. Lunging at the nearest creature, Baolo tries to score a sever wound on these devilish creatures.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Baolo's blow descends and slices into the creature but it is still there.

Baolo initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Lemure initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


So initiative order is

Block 1: Lemures

Block 2: You guys

The Lemures swipe at Lodoro and Adonara

claw on Lodoro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

claw on Lodoro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

claw on Adonara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

claw on Adonara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

On to block 2


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius, frustrated by his seeming lack of ability to hit anything, looks at one of the horrifying masses of flesh and opens his mouth in a manner that resembles screaming. Strangely enough, however, none of his other companions hear anything... however, one of the two lemures hear an ear-shattering scream in the decibels reserved for glass cracking.

Casting Ear-Piercing Scream at the left Lemure. DC is 14 on a Fort Save. If it fails it gets dazed for a round and takes Sonic: 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage. Success negates the dazing and reduces that to half damage.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira moves forward in front of Baolo, her face resolute. A strange pattern is twisting at the edge of her vision. Yes, do this, this is how it goes...

She tosses colored powder in front of her, speaking a few muttered words as she does so. A twisting wave of colors spreads in front of her, hitting both lemures.

Move action: Move in front of Baolo.
Standard action: Cast Color Spray. DC18 Will negates. Creatures who fail the save and have 6 HD or less are unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. Based on the current map the cone should hit both lemures while missing any party members.

2d4 rounds: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
1d4 rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara jerks back as the nearest lemure rakes a claw down her whip arm. Finally, she gets her dagger up in a position to strike, taking only another moment to speak a word of power that limns the weapon’s edges in gold, before turning the blade against the devil before her. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Move to draw, swift to dip into her arcane pool, standard to attack.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"That's one demon down? or is it devil? I really shoulda paid more attention." With this thought occupying his mind, Rutilus scans the field. "Lodoro is occupying one of these beasts, I should occupy the other." Rutilus then moves across the field and steps between Kira and the creature before swinging his blade across the creature's face.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Continuing his assault, Baolo focuses of the lemure currently attacking Lodoro.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Confirm crit and damage
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


The Lemure reels under the effect of Pellius' spell, it appears disorientated and somewhat confused.

Kira's spell hits both creatures, unfortunately it has no effect.

@Kira, sorry they are immune to mind affecting

Adonara misses, however Rutilus hits the Lemure and destroys it. The final lemure is hit by Baolo and is sliced in two. All of the bodies disappear in a puff of smoke.

There is nothing else in the room.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

@GM: no need to apologize, creatures immune to mind-affecting spells are the biggest weakness of the illusion-heavy build I’ve gone for. I expect it to happen a lot :)

Kira stares at her own hands, perplexed. What was that? I’ve never cast that spell before. Not that it seemed to do much.

Confused, she reloads her crossbow. I’ll have to research it later. It must be a common spell; the component I needed was already in the pouch. For now, I need to focus.

Once again she takes a position towards the back of the group as they move into the next room.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus watches in amazement as the foul creatures vanish into smoke. He then glances at his blade. "Huh ... I guess that makes cleanup easier." He then takes his place at the front of the group moving slowly towards the exit. "So far we've found possum creatures and demon-devils. Shall we go further and see what we came here to see?"

I added all the loot that I saw to the treasure list. I also added a link in the word document to a google treasure tracking sheet that another DM used. I made it editable to all if you guys choose to use it.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius smiles at the things dissolving back into the ashes they seemed spawned from.

"Well, that was fun."

Hearing Rutilus, he shakes his head. "Yes... preferably without seeing other such entertaining diversions... and, at this point, I am almost curious if any such evidence actually exists."

He smiles at Kira.

Infernal:

"That was rather colorful. I might have a job offer for you once we get my stage back."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro looks at Pellius and shakes his head but says nothing

"Fun he calls it. We fight forces from hell and he thinks it fun. Ah well, he will learn that combat is NOT fun. Unfortunately"

For once, Lodoro does NOT incant a verse over his fallen foes. Such scum as these deserve no such respect.

"Yes, lets advance"

He once more takes the lead, glaive at the ready.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Certainly,” Adonara says, heartily agreeing with Rutilus’ and the others' suggestion. She waits just long enough for her heartbeat to calm a bit before following the arc of the path along the edge of the cistern toward the first gap in the wall on the other side. For now, she keeps both her hands full of weaponry, just in case there’s another lurking lemure about, or something else that resists ordinary steel.

Adonara spares the pool of muck a revolted sidelong glance as she sweeps by. “Do you think those things made? shed? … generated? that mess?”

She wonders how one even cleans a cistern. In this case, top it off with oil and burn it clean, I’d bet. At best. “Wallowing devils and puking possum-fairies. Once we make sure nothing important’s been left in this place, they’re welcome to it.” The crudeness of the expression (Including the careless pronoun reference! Sorry, you bards. :) ) highlights how out of place the elf is in this miserable ruin.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius almost hears the disapproval from his old friend's head shake. The facade of a smile on his face cracks for the briefest of moments revealing the frustration and irritation underneath. "Lodi, my old bean, in all seriousness do me a favor. The next time I come to you saying that I have heard rumors of a protest gathering and that I think it would be capital idea to attend, smack some sense back into me." A wry smile returns to the young singer's face as he adds, "Though I must admit, I did finally get to use that ear-splitting trick for something productive for a change."


You move on (to A7). These rooms have fallen mostly into disrepair. Chunks of plaster hang from the walls, exposing rough stonework beyond. Scattered furnishings that once outfitted bunkrooms,a kitchen and even an armoury lie scattered about in states of complete disrepair, and doors hang from hinges in the crumbling archways that lie between the chambers.

Perception 15


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Distractedly, Kira mutters back to Pellius,

Infernal:
"I don't actually know what I did. I've never cast that spell before. It just...came to me."

She looks even more worried at that revelation, then visibly forces it aside to focus on the current objective.

As she moves into the new room she looks around for any signs of threats. Particularly any more runes. Hopefully the previous room wasn't just a practice session!

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius raises an eyebrow at the gnome as they walk into the now ruined... house? It certainly looks like it used to be able to house someone comfortably enough... there is where they would have slept... and they could have eaten there... even a place to store armaments there.

Shaking the thoughts away, he says,

Infernal:

"Well, I am no expert... but I would say that what you 'did' was a magical spell of some kind. Like the dancing lights I can make. Perhaps when we are done here we can find you a curmudgeonly old wizard to explain the technical arcane mumbo-jumbo behind it... but for now, just take some satisfaction in the fact that you have some aptitude for it. And try to take some breaths. With any luck, the worst is behind us."

Giving her a reassuring smile, he proceeds to look around the rooms in more detail.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo grins at Lodoro's word as he wipes down his blade. "C'mon there...we all just defeated a pair of devils! That's some tale we'll be able to tell...among safe company that is." Indeed, it would make a good story once the larceny and subterfuge elements were removed to focus on the devilish creatures that rose form the hellish muck to do battle. Pondering this as he moves into the next room with the others, his eyes take in the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Hmm. Adonara saunters easily through the next set of rooms, clearly relieved to investigate a more sensible sort of space. This is rather more like it. Seal it off from the rest, put some stairs in, it might even be salvageable…

She spares a moment to try to estimate where she is in relation to the extent of the livery above, just out of curiosity. She is drawn towards the armoury almost by default as she casts about for anything interesting.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Dungeon-y depths aren’t really her architectural preference, and she's glad Baolo provides a conversational distraction. "Even unsafe company, I think, if we frame it properly. Those things were clearly loose, and if there's one thing for which devil-lovers can be relied upon, it's an obsession with things being just so, everything and everyone in their place. I think we can tell a story with two tongues. And there's nothing wrong with a bit of deserved boasting!"


You find three chests hidden in various locations within the room.

The first chest contains a suit of +1 leather armour; a composite shortbow (+1 str),a m/w hand crossbow; a m/w silver morningstar; a cloak of elvenkind and a pouch of a dozen peals worth 100gp each.

The second chest contains a small stack of documents and scrolls, including a scroll of misdirection; a scroll of pass without trace; a scroll of undetectable alignment and a scroll of whispering wind. There are also journal entries in hundreds of pages. The journal is written in three languages including Elven, however they have also been encoded with a cypher.

The final chest contains 6 silver raven figurines of wondrous power.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira heads straight for the journals. "Oh wow. Do you have any idea how old these are? And they're encoded with some sort of cipher! I recognize Elven, does anyone know what these other languages might be?"

She's so excited by the treasure trove of documents that she completely misses the part where she started speaking in Common again. As well as all of the other treasure in the room.

OOC, holy s*#! that is a lot of treasure. I am now extremely paranoid about what we'll be facing!


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Well, looks like we have found what we were looking for. Maybe the information we need is in those books?.

Sorry, not much of a Linguist here. All the BEST operas are written in Taldane :-)"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pel picks up some of the items. "Hm... is this everything then? If so we should probably take it back to our patron. Carefully though. We don't want to get caught by the eyes of the city."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

After poking about a bit in the armoury, Adonara pulls out a chest hidden all the better for the debris, but not all that well, if she could find it, elven senses aside. Whatever blew through here, it wasn’t after anything material – including evidence.

Lifting the lid, various aspects of her training kick in at once, and even before she turns to senses beyond the mundane, Adonara has a pretty good idea of what she’s looking at. Carefully lifting the cloak out, the sight of it, let alone the texture under her fingers, is like being transported back home, and she feels a pang of homesickness which she struggles instantly to quash. Best to see if one of the others can use it. I have other tricks to avoid notice, after all, and it would be more sensible for me to take a share some other way.

She drifts back to join the others in time to catch Kira and Lodoro’s exchange. “Barbarian,” she teases the singer, glibly. “I’ll believe it when there’s a Taldan Sylandurla – though I’ll grant she was a soloist, and can’t answer for the genre as a whole.”

She gives the journal an appraising glance. Linguistics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Just to see if she can at least identify the languages in it, for now. Even if it's coded, trying to eyeball relative frequency of letters that could be vowels, looking for inflection patterns... That sort of thing. Thinking back to her preparations before arriving in Cheliax, Adonara offers her best guess until the journal's decoded, “Unless this cell lasted much longer than the famous Ravens, these might even be 80 years old. The Silver Ravens were coeval with the rise of House Thrune, but … well, the balance of power is as you can see.”

“Until we find our moment, of course,” she concludes, unwilling to end on a low note.


Adonara, you recognise the other two languages as Celestial and Strix although it is coded in a combination of all three languages.


I'm assuming you now head back

You head back to the bookshop and meet up with Rexus.

"You found the remnants of the Silver Ravens, well done! We should pay a visit to the Long Roads Coffeehouse, where my mother's ally and underground contact Laria Longroad can be found. In the meantime I will work on decoding these documents for you. Laria will be an invaluable advisor in helping to rebuild the Silver Ravens."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira isn't very helpful when it comes to heavy lifting, but she still tries to carry some of the loot back to the bookstore. So much stuff! I can't believe it was all still there. She does look around nervously in case some of Thrune's thugs notice them and wonder what they're carrying, but luckily they make it back unnoticed.

At the bookstore, Rexus' excitement is contagious. "You think you can successfully decode everything yourself? That's brilliant! I can maybe help with the Elven parts, but I don't know Celestial or Strix."

She glances outside. "What time is it? I'm fine with going to the Coffeehouse, but I don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves by being out after curfew."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

"I can help with the Celestial, if necessary," Adonara offers, in addition to the obvious. Kira's next point is well taken too, and it occurs to Adonara that the young gnome has been doing much of the heavy lifting today in terms of spell support.

"Going in the morning might let us blend in a bit better, with the crowd of students," Adonara considers. "And in the meantime, we might be able to move some of this - especially that of which we relieved Thrune's creatures."

She temporarily abandons her more careful patterns of speech to indulge in the vernacular, and winks. "I know a guy."

I'm happy pressing on, or with distributing largesse so we can all reconvene refreshed and possibly with some new toys tailored to our interests.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

"Strix you say... I have actually had to learn that for... well, that would be telling now wouldn't it." The bard chuckles, and adds, "I also know a bit of elven if you want me to check the odd word here or there. And unlike my esteemed colleague," he shoots a nod to Lodoro, "I happen to believe that some of the more mournful operas happen to be written in elven originally, not Taldan... though he is right in asserting that most modern operatic masterpieces use the common tongue." The way he says this indicates that the two have had this argument many times in the past.

Picking up the shortbow, he gives it a dry fire. "This bow has been tuned to about my strength. I could probably make use of it... well, assuming that my aim improves at all."

I would say that we should rest for the evening. It would restore my allotment of spells, such as they are, and my bardic performance total as well. Currently I can only provide support for 6 more rounds of combat.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As they leave the slaughterhouse to head back toward Rexus, Rutilus looks over one of the raven figurines. "Even by my eyes I can tell the craftsmanship of this is exquisite, but why would the Silver Ravens have it? Everything else we found there had a purpose be it arms and armor or information. These just seem out of place?"

When they arrive back to meet with Rexus.

"I must agree with Kira here. It is getting late. A nights rest would do us all good and you could start examining the documents." Rutilus glances at Baolo before continuing. "I could also use a drink ... It's been a very long day."


"That is sensible, I thank you for your offers of help with the translation, I will look through first and maybe call you if I get stuck. There are some basic rooms you can rest in here if you are willing and I will take you to see Laria tomorrow."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Right, who is in for a couple of drinks? I think I need them after everything that has happened today"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

"I should probably go home. My mom will be worried if I don't, especially after what happened to dad." Kira looks around at the rest of the group. "I can meet you either here or at the Coffeehouse tomorrow morning. Will that work?"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"I too should probably check in with my people so they don't go out looking for me, however, drinks are definitely needed tonight. Meeting back here tomorrow morning should work perfectly"

251 to 300 of 1,420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.