Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


851 to 864 of 864 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Under the circumstances, I have no problem with killing these. No alternative anyway. But we should definitely see if they're ready to tell us anything"


"This isnt how it was supposed to go, the Lady told us we could make trouble."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 | Performance: 11/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Assuming that was in common:

Pellius blinks at the fey forms. Lady?

"Well, perhaps this... lady... was less than truthful to you. At any rate, it should not be surprising that not everyone wants to have their teeth removed by force." Picking up a set of pliers from the ground, he turns toward them. "Speaking of, would you like me to remove your friends' teeth for you while we talk? I assume that you aren't very picky about the source of your teeth, so perhaps you would accept it as payment for information on this lady friend of yours?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Rolling Diplo instead of intimidate because he is honestly not trying to threaten them... as far as he knows they just want teeth, and these happen to be handy.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 4/6

Even if the creature is talking in Sylvan, assume Kira translates back and forth to make things simpler.

Kira leans forward, her curiosity peaked by the mention of a 'Lady.' "Who is this Lady? Is she the one who summoned you to this realm? Could you describe her for us?"


"Don't want their teeth...that would be yucky.

The Lady placed the head of the baby that allowed us to come through, its over there (he points to another alley). She was a strange lady, her eyes were white, she had dark hair bit she didn't look quite human

Knowledge Local or Intelligence checks please.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 4/6

K. Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Kira has no idea who this 'Lady' could be. Nor can she bring herself to think about it right now. Not with the mental image of a baby's head being used for this dark ritual. I was really hoping Pellius wasn't right about that...

She swallows hard. "Were there any more of you that came to this realm? Or was this everyone?"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 | Performance: 11/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Pellius shrugs. "Why do you not want their teeth but do want others' teeth?"


"No, we are the only ones. We don't want our colleague's teeth, they are already rotten."

Pellius, the description sounds like Nox, the woman you saw at the opera house during the riot.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 20/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Adonara is happy to let Kira and Pellius take the lead as she prepares for a more serious role than she normally plays. She listens attentively as Kira relays the young man’s polite overtures, and considers the reply they provoke.

As various implications start to become clear, she moves to take advantage of the reference to an inhuman lady. In the thoughtful pause, she steps forward quietly and, as best she can, menacingly. Well, if Kira and Pellius are playing good cops…

“I think right now you know that you have other ladies who aren’t human to worry about,” Adonara purrs, lingering over her threats with disquieting earnestness. “The question is, what are we to do with you? It’s quite tedious. All this for teeth! Rotten or otherwise! Should we just hand you over to the people whose friends you hurt? I wonder if they’d bother with teeth, or just divide you … otherwise. It might be marginally more interesting.”

She lets that sink in for a bit, before adding, with the air of someone considering a recklessly profligate concession, “Although it might also be amusing to see you try to separate hellhounds from their fangs. Either the four-footed or the upright variety.”

She exchanges a meaningful glance with the others, translating for the benefit of those without Sylvan. I have no idea how we could keep the little monsters in check, but in case we have qualms about finishing them off in cold blood. Which is not to say that Adonara doesn't, but she'll do it if that's what seems best to everyone. Oh, for a geas when you need one!


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 | Performance: 11/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pellius shrugs at their response, mulling things over as Adonara cajoles the fey.

Sounds suspiciously like that odd woman who took the knife to the neck at the riot... and lived...

Leaning in toward Kira, the bard covers his mouth with his hand as he intones in infernal into her ears.

Infernal:

"Could have been that woman our dear Mayor was shouting orders to at the protest. The one that seemed in charge over the Chelish Citizen's Group. Nox... I think that was her name. If so, this just became a lot more complicated of a matter."


The tooth fairies are visibly shaken by Adonara's words.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 4/6

Kira frowns, but doesn't take her eyes off the fairies. The woman at the protest...I'd almost forgotten about her. Pellius is right, that complicates things.

Infernal:
"If that's true, I don't think we can let them go. We can't let them report back to her."

There's one last question she needs to ask. "You came to this Realm through a portal this 'Lady' opened. Could you go back? Or are you stuck here?" She looks hard at the creatures as they answer.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


"The Portal has been closed but if we die here we return to the First World and slowly reform over milennia."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 | Performance: 11/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pellius looks at them, nodding.

"So one final question. Was this... lady... attempting to summon you into this world just to make trouble, or was she trying to bring forth one of your larger cousins?"

851 to 864 of 864 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.