Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


651 to 700 of 1,237 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"That fits what the barman told us. Something is deliberately keeping him out of the way and then using illusions to cause trouble."

Seeing Lodoro go outside, she nods. "Good idea. I'll be right back." She joins him, casting Detect Magic as inconspicuously as possible, then ducks back into the tavern and looks around for any magical auras.


Kira, you can detect 2 magical auras in the tavern, one coming from the bartender, one coming from somewhere in the rafters. The one by the barman has an enchantment aura, the one in the rafters has an illusion aura.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira keeps her head down and pointedly doesn't look at the rafters while she relays this information to the others. "There's something in the rafters, hiding under an illusion. I think it's cast an enchantment spell on the bartender. Lodoro, did you see anything?"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara frowns at Kira’s report. She risks a glance towards the rafters, but in the general direction of the bar, so that she might plausibly be considering a refill while she’s actually trying to figure out how easy it would be for someone or something to get up under the roof. Just how high up are the rafters, GM? And are there any dark corners that would let us do something foolish with a hope of escaping notice? :)

“That sounds like trouble,” she whispers back. “Do you think you could track it down more precisely?”

If Kira can pinpoint the location with a bit of concentration, depending on how high the rafters are and how much of a fuss we want to make, well, Adonara’s got a 15’ reach with her whip, and if Stealth fails, one of her warpriest blessings works like sanctuary.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"No, I detected nothing evil in here. Although I can only detect reasonably powerful evils and, even then, there are ways of blocking it"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius thinks for a moment, hearing his friends talking about something in the rafters. Can't be easy to stay up there...

As he begins his next song, he quietly casts a bit of magic at the rafters indicated by Kira.

Cast lullaby, center of the spell being set so that the area will include the area noted by Kira but not the patrons below them.


The rafters are 15 feet up, there are some dark corners you can hide yourselves in. Adonora make a Perception check with a +5 bonus

Pellius can you make a spell penetration roll please?


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Highly belated Perception roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Not one to sing, Rutilus does his best to blend in with the crowd and do what he does best, observe. He Adonara's lead and begins to attempt to tap his foot in time with the beat, but its obvious he can't follow the rhythm.

As Adnoara comes back with information on what people are seeing and hearing, his mind immediately goes to the mundane. "Could someone be spiking people's drinks with some form of drugs? Seeing things and hearing voices. Sounds a lot like the time Sera took ... something."

Rutilus is about to voice his thoughts when Kira comes back in. "Probably not drugs then..." he mutters to himself as he attempt to glace at the rafters without making it too obvious.

Stealth to not be noticed checking the rafters: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Second Perception to look at the Rafters: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

With Kira to guide her, Adonara keeps strolling casually around the tavern, until, once she’s in the right place, she glances quickly upward. Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 = 19 If that +5 is extra, otherwise knock the roll back down.

If Adonara spots anything, or Kira confirms that she’s in the right spot, Adonara will try to melt discreetly into the shadows before getting closer. If she sees anything herself, she’ll signal the others over before her disappearing act, so that if it looks like it’s time to start climbing onto tables there’ll be someone to vouch for her comparative sanity. Stealth, if necessary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Think I am doing this right.

Spell Pen Check (roll+spell lvl): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:

Think I am doing this right.

[dice=Spell Pen Check (roll+spell lvl)]1d20+0

Spell penetration is D20 + caster level + anything special (feats, favored class bonus, etc.

So you end up with a 10.


stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30


You do not see anything in the rafters, you find that whatever the creature is it is using some kind of spell to hide.


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"Well, whatever it is it knows we're here. I wonder...keep an eye on those rafters." She reaches for the innate magic familiar to all gnomes and casts Ghost Sound to make it seem like human voices are coming from in the rafters, just behind where the invisible creature should be. Hopefully there's enough noise in here that the people won't notice, but it should startle whatever that thing is. She follows her own instructions and pays close attention to the rafters to see if anything changes.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Ghost Sound is a spell-like ability and requires no verbal, somatic, or material components. I think therefore Kira should be able to cast it in the pub without it being obvious she's casting. Will DC16 to disbelieve the illusion.


stealth: 1d20 + 17 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 10 = 24


Kira, just for a moment you see a shape about the size of a butterfly but with a reptilian head. It appears spooked by the noise and flies across to a rafter on the opposite side of the room.

You can have a knowledge arcana roll


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

K. Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


You recognise the creature as a type of dragon known as a faerie dragon. They have a breath weapon that can stagger or sicken and they have the ability to use greater invisibility. They like tricks and pranks but there is usually no intention to do any real harm.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira blinks in surprise. A faerie dragon? I didn't expect that.

"Did you see that? It's a faerie dragon. They're pranksters, but not usually malicious. If we can talk to him and explain that he's hurting people with his pranks, he'll probably be willing to stop."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Whatever it is, it’s too well hidden for Adonara to spot, and the few curious looks she gets as she tries show that she’s spent a bit too much time being friendly to fade quite into the background yet, as she breaks eye contact with one or two people who think she might be looking for them.

Kira’s revelation is a relief, since it means that the group aren’t just doing badly at tracking their quarry. Adonara whispers back, “A faerie dragon? That does explain quite a bit, then.”

She thinks furiously for a bit about how to get such a prankster’s attention. After a moment, a brief pained expression crosses her face before it’s quickly replaced by a smile, and she quickly thinks about the languages everyone speaks. She finds Pellius and explains her plan. “Could you sing something light next, and upbeat? And how well do you know your foreign fairy tales?”

Adonara knows the opera singers are much more talented than she can ever hope to be, so she’s sure they can catch up and improvise more beautifully on the base of what she has in mind. OK, how’s this for an idea? Another round of Perform checks to play to the crowd, but Adonara will work in a suitable story to let the faerie dragon know we know what it is, and have a proposition for it?

After Pellius’ next song, then, Adonara steps up to him with Lodoro in tow, quickly exchanging a last few details before addressing the crowd, switching halfway into Sylvan for the sort of flattery that she hopes even a small dragon would find irresistible. “This next one is for a dear friend of ours who couldn’t be with us tonight. Come out, noble serpent, master illusionist! We have better targets for your brilliant tricks than these silly people! Italics in Sylvan, obviously.

Snippet of song:
“Adonara lived in a little white house,
With a little black kitten and a little grey mouse
And a little yellow dog and a rose red wagon,
And a realio, trulio, little brave dragon...

Custard the dragon had big sharp teeth,
And spikes on top of him and scales underneath,
Mouth like a fireplace, chimney for a nose,
And realio, trulio daggers on his toes!”

She keeps the song itself in Taldane, to let the singers really go wild with it, though scattering a few of the traditional Elven words in for the pre-chorus. She keeps it almost aggressively fast and energetic, stumbling a bit while improvising on the spot to refer to all the new Ravens, but making sure to make the dragon the hero: it would take another elf to recognize the old nursery rhyme behind the song once she’s through with it.

With apologies to Ogden Nash. :) Perform (sing), aiding others: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 I’m under no illusions but that Pellius and Lodoro will actually need to do the real work here. - Yikes, and after seeing that roll, and how!
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 To get the faerie dragon’s attention.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Perform: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Pellius looks at the elf with a grin. "I think I know of a good song that should be able to accomodate that. Start it off and then just wait for the openings to sing your lyrics in sylvan... the crowd will just think you are singing back the responses."

Though it is clear that her singing could use some work, he is hopeful that it will pass off as stage fright.


Pellius' song rouses the inhabitants of the bar and they are soon singing along and cheering, the overall atmosphere being much lighter. Adonara, you hear a voice whisper in your ear.

"Meet me outside and we'll talk."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro whispers to Adonara

"Brilliant, just brilliant

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:

[dice=Perform]1d20+11

Pellius looks at the elf with a grin. "I think I know of a good song that should be able to accomodate that. Start it off and then just wait for the openings to sing your lyrics in sylvan... the crowd will just think you are singing back the responses."

Though it is clear that her singing could use some work, he is hopeful that it will pass off as stage fright.

Nice! I was thinking of something like this for the basic style of Adonara’s efforts, only without references to slaying, obviously: because who doesn’t like some good filk? Note: NSFW, or for folks with impressionable younglings, unless your workplace/family is much more laissez-faire about f-bombs.

Adonara is dreadfully self-conscious about the whole thing – it pushes the limits of the persona she’s carefully constructed for herself in Kintargo – and it shows, and she’s very happy to let Pellius take over, turning her faltering attempt into a thing of beauty.

She slinks into the background as soon as the actual, exceptional singer captures the crowd’s attention, trying to figure out strategies for plausible deniability and if she can blame the wine in a way that won’t make her sound like an absolute lush. The elf gives a bit of a start when she hears an unfamiliar whisper, but she recovers quickly. A certain amount of brazenness and breeziness are part of the job description, after all. She whispers back, with a wicked grin, I’d be honoured and delighted.

She catches the eye of a couple of the others, especially those that she know can be discreet, like Rutilus and Baolo, giving her head a slight toss and just touching her ear as if to adjust a stray lock of hair, but really to signal that she’s made contact and is going outside.

Not, of course, that we can’t all pile outside, but I thought I’d dangle a hook in front of some of the other sneaky folk in the party who have been quiet lately. :)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

"Thank you all. Do not forget, we do take requests like that one, so if you have a song you have been dying to hear come up and ask!"

Pellius gestures to the bartender in a flamboyant way, creating a small light over his head (using dancing lights) that illuminates him in a flattering way.

"Also do not forget that we can only be in a place this grand singing for you fine folks if you help to keep it open by opening your coin purses and purchasing a stout drink or hot meal from this lovely man here! Don't be shy, folks... nothing allows you to keep singing along with us like a nice ale or fine spirit."

The light dances from over the man to next to him as it forms into the shape of a man who raises a pint glass to the bartender then the crowd before winking out of existence.

"Now without further ado, here is a tune that is a bit slower but no less catchy."

He sees Adonara position closer toward the door, signalling some of the other companions. Good, that worked. Now to keep the folks here entertained long enough for them to sort out whatever is causing the problems here.

Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Pellius's words stir the tavernfolk and they cheer wildly. Several requests are made. The overall mood is a lot less sombre and wild than it was when you entered.

Is anyone joining Adonara out the back?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira, also speaking Sylvan, catches on pretty quickly to Adonara's plan. She doesn't sing herself, (mostly because she's certain she'd mess up the lyrics), but taps her foot to the beat as she looks around to see if the faerie dragon responds.

Ah. Adonara is heading outside. She must have heard something.

Kira considers joining, but decides against it. Adonara can handle herself, and a sudden exodus towards the door might make people suspicious. Or scare off the faerie dragon, if they feel overwhelmed.

Instead she stays where she is. She orders a drink, hums along to Pellius' new song, and relaxes for the first time in over a week.

Kira will let the others handle this one :)


Adonara you go outside with Rutilus and Baolo. A few moments later there is a fluttering noise and a small blue dragon with butterfly like wings lands on the ground a few feet in front of you (see images).

"You saw me and your song touched me. I mean no harm, I just like making pranks and having fun. My name is Vendalfek."


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"A Faerie dragon? Whatever is that?" Rutilus thinks to himself unsure of how he can help in the situation. As Adonara begins her song to try and communicate with the creature, Rutilus himself works his back to the door in an attempt to blend in and keep an eye on the surroundings. At Adonara's signal, Rutilus slips through the door to see this supposed "Faerie Dragon."

Upon going outside Rutilus is surprised. "That little thing is adorable. Cassie would love it" he ponders before the dragon speaks. Rutilus then responds in his nicest voice, almost as if speaking to a child. "Vedalfek, I am Rutilus and this lovely lady is Adonara and our jovial friend there is Baolo. I can understand making pranks and having fun as much as the next. However, what you are doing is dangerous. These people are now be watched and this fine establishment could be destroyed by some very bad people." He then pauses as if an idea just popped in his head before continuing. "Now, what if you have your fun and perform pranks at the Opera house. That way you can have your fun with out putting these people in a dangerous spot?"

Assist on Adonara's dipomacy or my own diplomacy if she doesn't do one: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

eep

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Well met, Vendalfek,” Adonara says, curtseying (just a bit rakishly) as Rutilus makes the introductions. He’s a bit direct, by elven or draconic standards, and the priestess tries to elaborate in a way that is agreeable to all concerned.

“I can certainly understand looking for a good time,” she smiles, “and from what I’ve gathered inside, you’re doing very well indeed. Clever, amusing, and discreet: if we didn’t have all the eyes and ears we have, I’m sure you would have had the regulars scratching their heads indefinitely.” A little flattery never hurt to start.

“The thing is,” Adonara continues, “like Rutilus said, people are on edge here especially. Adding the Everbloom’s roses to the arrangement, as you must have noticed, makes for a lot of fun, but you know Hell’s imp-kissers hate them, and the roses have just been … unhappily transplanted from their old home. As a free spirit, it pains me to say it, but a bit too much chaos more here, and there’ll be all sorts of unwanted attention and there won’t be anyone left to tease.”

She lets that sink in for a bit before sweetening the pot. “But that’s not to say that there aren’t plenty of stuffed shirts and self-important skullduggery to have fun with. All sorts of black-and-white and red all over, rule-of-law minions of Thrune – terribly boring. We don’t approve, we have a place of our own, and we know how to have a good time.”

She gestures airily. “You might have heard in the toper’s gossip about a brazen daylight jailbreak, eggs on all the right faces?” She stops just short of boasting outright, That was us, but it's far too brazen to be described as an insinuation.

Having set up the groundwork as best she can, she dangles the pitch as interestingly eccentrically as she can. “If that sounds interesting … do you like coffee?” Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 To invite a little dragon to our lair, and ruffle the right feathers thereafter, like Rutilus suggested.

If I have to scandalize every salon in this city to oust this Thrune and restore the House of Satin Veils, I’ll do it. Having tested Crissali’s patience, why not Longroad’s? Adonara muses.


"I would't want to go to the Opera House, I think its very dangerous in there, i caught a glimpse of devils once when I flew past. I used to go to the Thrashing Badger before it burnt down. I didn't realise my pranks were causing trouble for the poor people. If you're trying to annoy Thrune's agents I don't mind helping with that and I'll go with you to the 'coffee house' although I've never tried coffee before."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Lovely,” Adonara beams, before reassuring the small dragon, “And I wouldn’t fret about bygones – you weren’t to know, and it’s just unlucky timing, given the state of affairs.”

“Let’s see if we can find some fun that will only cause the right sorts of trouble. We could –” she thinks for a bit. For a brief, wicked moment, she considers suggesting matchmaking, which any Calistrian would confirm as a potentially delicious spectator sport, even played straight, but she’s not that cruel. Well, and if the Opera House is too dangerous, there’s always the Chelish Citizen’s Group that could do with bedevilment. “Oh, we have ideas for people that deserve to be led a merry chase, and if they end up taking swings at each other, will lead to no great mischief.”

“But let’s collect the rest of our friends, and then we’ll see if we can tempt you with coffee while we talk. Or whatever might tickle your fancy.” Cream? Berries? Mice? Adonara is no expert on dragons, let alone playful miniature ones.

Feel free to jump in any time, everyone, especially if there are any other ideas. An invisible scout, however chaotic, might be handy if we're going prowling after a murderer next, but that's a bit much to ask someone we've just met, and I don't think we really could.


"You are very kind, i will help you as best as I can."

Where to next?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius plays several more songs ranging from upbeat to contemplative, waiting until the requests finally start to die down before finally bowing to all.

"Thank you all! I have one last set to close out our entertainment. I have been Pellius, this here is Lodoro, and we have been happy to have been privileged enough to brighten your evening."

So saying he sets into his last song for the evening, takes a bow, and gets a glass of water from the bartender.


You retire to the Wasp's Nest below the coffee house to discuss what you want to do next.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

They head back to the Wasp's Nest, Kira nearly quivering in excitement. A faerie dragon! And he's coming with us! As soon as Vendalfek reveals himself, she rushes over. "Hi! I'm Kira. It's really nice to meet you. I've never met a faerie dragon before. Thank you for understanding why we needed you to stop pranking the coffee house. I'm sure we'll be able to find lots of people for you to prank around here." She's babbling and she knows it, but he's so adorable!

Getting herself back together, she clears her throat awkwardly. "Ahem. Uh, yes. Next steps. Should we head to Crissali's and see if he can decode this document?" She holds up the seemingly-innocuous document with the secret page spell.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius thanks everyone as he leaves, handing Lodoro half of the 20 gold they had received in tips over the duration of the performance.

"You did wonderful, as always old bean. Makes me nostalgic for the days when we were actually allowed to perform in the old opera house."

Seeing the real culprit behind the fights, he blinks a few times.

"Huh... I was expecting whatever was behind the brawls to be... more sinister I guess. Still, nice to meet you."

He listens to Kira's suggestion, but his eyebrow raises. "I am all for understanding what that odd page is... but weren't there a string of murders we were thinking of looking into?"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"Yes, there is, but it's not like we can't do both. Checking with Crissali shouldn't take more than a few minutes; either she can decode it or she can't. If it would take longer we can simply leave the page there for her to work on at her own pace. We'll still have plenty of time to investigate the Devil's Nursery. Although..." she considers for a moment. "Rexus, Crissali is a friend of yours, isn't she? Would you or Laria like to take the page to her?"


"Certainly, I can do that for you, it shouldn't take very long."

Assuming you wait...

About an hour goes by and Rexus comes back.

Crissali says it is an infernal contract disguised by a secret page spell. She was able to read it, it binds an imp known as Blosodriette to this plane to serve a family long since deceased. It instructed her to reside in the Wasp's Nest below the coffee house unless otherwise instructed."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Fascinating. Vendalfek, if you can go invisible can you also see things that are invisible? And how do you feel about Imps?"


"I can't see invisible things I'm afraid. Imps are a nuisance and can be quite nasty. Their pranks are designed to hurt."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"That's...did you say an imp? Here?!" Kira glances around wildly, as if expecting the imp to suddenly pop out of hiding. Her face is full of horror. "That means we're compromised. This imp...Blosodriette...she'll know everything. If she tells anyone this place will be raided by the Dottari before the night falls. We have to find her!"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus ruminates out loud. "The document itself came from the pages the Ravens had. Why would the original Ravens have a contract with an imp? And why bind it to stay in the wasp nest?" As he hears Kira's fear, he responds to her.

"Relax Kira. While I agree we need to take care of this creature we need to fear yet. If Crissali is right, the creature is bound to the Wasp's Nest unless otherwise instructed. None of us would have instructed it to leave, so it should still be there and would not have had the opportunity to tell anyone."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“ἐσκόρακας!” Adonara curses viciously and expressively in Elven (Well, not really, but I borrowed another language and script instead of the usual special characters that represent profanity. :) ) at Rexus’ news from Crissali.

She’s inclined to agree with Kira’s response, but Rutilus’ cooler suggestion makes sense. The priestess takes a breath, trying to stay calm. “The stories do tell about the things working to tempt their masters, though, don’t they, if they’re bound as familiars or what have you? I’m trying to recall if they have any magical talents in that vein, along with staying out of sight. If it could charm someone into delivering a message...”

She tries to remember what little she knows of devilkind, demons being more of a problem in her homeland. Or however one wants to dress up not having skill points in the right knowledges. *Glares at her own character.* Know (planes) (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Adonara glares at thin air, as if to force the imp into visibility out of sheer concentrated spite. “There is counter-magic,” she says grimly, “but on my part it would have to wait until the usual time for my prayers.” Hmm. GM, skimming the Archives of Nethys, I can understand if detect fiendish presence is too on-the-nose for this campaign, so if that’s off the table I guess it will have to be the classic detect evil.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I'll try and make sure the imp isn't watching us now"

With that, Lodoro casts detect evil and starts scanning the area.


Yeah detect fiendish presence would be a bit too much for this campaign

Adonara you recall that imps have damage reduction and are immune to fire. Lodoro wandering around the wasps nest you detect evil in the corner where the wall collapsed.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro casually walks over to the others and whispers
"I think there is something evil over in the corner there! Maybe somebody could nip upstairs and get some flour or something?"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"Of course."

Kira heads upstairs and tracks down Laria. "Um, hi. Any chance you have extra flour we could borrow? We need it for...something. I'll explain later."

Once a small sack of flour is in hand, she walks back down and hands it to Lodoro. "Here you go."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Any indications about which family bound it? Like, for example, the Juliac family we found a ring for earlier at the Stables?

Pellius looks pensive, but not surprised. "Sadly demon summoning has been in vogue among many noble houses for generations now, even here. Hells, more often than not it is so the family can actually compete against Thrune should push come to shove. The trick, from what I have been told, is to be very specific in your language and not make any deals with loopholes if you have to make a deal."

651 to 700 of 1,237 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.