GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,697 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Whispering to his teammates, "This is going to take a couple of minutes, I will proceed if we have the time. Just give me the sign"

If he gets the go-ahead from Valeria, he will take 20 (2 minutes for a 32) and use an inspiration point insp: 1d6 ⇒ 5. If he gets the thumbs down from someone he will retreat back into hiding to discover the next step


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just so you all can plan accordingly, having already watched the building a bit you would know that it only takes the patrol about a minute to circle the building.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Piri, we must act quickly. The next patrol is coming."


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"If they find us, they will sound the alarm unless Valeria can distract them or we silence them quickly. You must get us in now."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Attempting to open a lock is a full-round action." --> so keep trying! :)

"Take a look a me, Piri... guys, don't laugh!" says Valeria, as she begins to undulate with a very distracting belly dance. "Now look away, and pay attention to the sound of my footsteps... this... Qadiran dance is known to inspire precision in all manners of... movements..."

Perform Dance, Inspire Competence: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 [skill check not required - just for RP]

[ooc]Inspire Competence +2 to skill checks


Male LG Human Arcanist (Occultist) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Reservoir: 4/6 | Active conditions: None.

Adrian chuckles slightly and looks away, instead focusing his gaze on where he thinks the patrolling guards may be coming from. "Whatever we decide, we ought to do so now. Time is short." During this time he retrieves his crossbow from its position on his back, expecting trouble to come strolling around the corner any second.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Okay, will attempt to pick the lock, using Valeria's + 2 and an inspiration point

Piri focuses on the lock, trying to click the tumblers precisely as necessary. Pick: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 5 = 10

Failing miserably, he quickly ducks behind the bushes again until the next patrol wanders by.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

I alloted two rounds' worth- you have one more try at +2.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri fails at picking the lock once again, but you haven't spotted the guards from the other side of the building yet.

The Patrol, you have noticed, goes from the double doors, to Piri's east, to the west then around the building to the south east corner where they can see the door then back around. As such the guards "usually" pass each other on their route. Before rushing over to the bushes you had seen the far set of guards turn back from the SE corner to head around the back of the building. You suspect, assuming they don't pick up their pace for any reason, you have one more round before they round the building to the NW where Sydney could see them and they could potentially spot him, then another round and a half before they turn the SW corner and could see Piri. Do with that what you will.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Keep trying Piri! Also, doesn't your sheet say that you add 12 to disable device?


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Yes, I thought I put twelve, but it still wouldn't have mattered.

Piri decides he can make another attempt as he gets the thumbs up from Valeria. Please: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 + (3) = 35

Yay

With a satisfying click, the door is unlocked and Piri excitedly waves his teammates to the door.

The assumption is 35 is adequate. If not bot me a final try


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria casts heightened awareness and follows the others inside.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri pops the lock and opens the door, promptly seeing across the way a set of four people sitting at a table playing cards.

They haven't noticed you yet, but you'll need to stealth in if you want to avoid potentially drawing their attention.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri shows four fingers to his party, then puts one finger to his lips to indicate stealth. He tries to slide in and move quietly to the right.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Noticing the two new initiates to the right he ducks down under the boxes as best as possible and readies an arrow should they become alerted to his teammates arrival.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng holds up a hand to the others. He reaches to his eye and plucks an eyelash, then mixes it with something in his spell component pouch. "Rifstejarwim." From his eye his body starts to vanish, until only a twinkling silver mote where his left eye was is still seen, before winking out.

Casting invisibility and moving in. Sveng will move through according to the rule of right, since it looks like more building is that direction.

Stealth (ACP, invisibility): 1d20 + 5 - 3 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 3 + 20 = 37


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Hargus attempts to quietly move into the room, looking towards the group of 4 playing cards. He crouches down behind a crate at a likely-looking bottleneck.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria, knowing that she can't move as quietly as these three, readies a spell in case they see her and moves in as quietly as she can.

Stealth?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

She surprises herself, as she ducks behind a crate with Hargus. She points at herself then points to the ground, indicating she'll be staying right there behind that crate while Sveng does his exploration.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Seeing everyone sneaking in the door, Sydney hurries to catch up. Believing himself capable of being stealthy, he tiptoe runs... right into the door jam! "Oomph!"

Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Sorry, gang...


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

People start sneaking into the warehouse, but as Sydney makes his way in he is surprised to see the people just sitting their playing cards and isn't paying attention as he runs right into the door jam with a loud thud.

The people playing cards quickly stop and turn to see you there as they stand and shout out "Intruders!"

Initiative:

Adrian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Enemy1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Enemy2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Enemy3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Round 1
> Valeria,
Enemy1/Enemy2, Hazel, Enemy3, Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Belly-belly-belly dance! belly-belly-dancey-shimmey!

Casting sleep Will save DC 14 centered on all 4 playing cards

She then 5-ft steps beside a big crate to take cover and assume firing position with her crossbow.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Will-R: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Will-G: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Will-B: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Will-Y: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Two of the cultists pass out from Caleria's spell while the other two don't appear to be effected. They both move up to attack Hargus who is the closest target.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (4) = 7
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (4) = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (6) = 11

One of them stabs Hargus just barely missing a vital organ while the other misses completely. Two from the other side move down to attack Piri.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6) = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4) = 9

As with Hargus one misses, but the other cuts into Piri pretty deeply.

Hazel steps up to help out Piri as she tries to lnd a solid blow on one of the cultists.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

She does just that as she cracks the man in the jaw with her fist. As she hits the man, what looks to be a gnome with scarves on to cover most of his face comes from around the corner. Seeing the large group of people he pulls out a vial and tosses it toward Sydney.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Misdirection: 1d8 ⇒ 1

His aim is off though as it explodes on Hazel instead releasing a cloud of noxious gas.

Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Piri/Hazel/Sveng/Valeria DC 14 Fort save to avoid being nauseated while in the gas and for 3 rounds after leaving it.

Round 1
Valeria, Enemy1/Enemy2, Hazel, Enemy3, > Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney
Round 2
Valeria,
Enemy1/Enemy2, Hazel, Enemy3, Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Sveng covers his mouth and nose with his sleeve, avoiding the worst of the noxious gas. Well, there goes any chance at stealth.

"Veetah uth!" Sveng appears from thin air, hissing otherworldly words at one of the men in front of Piri. After doing so he turns and glares at one of the men in front of Hargus. "Your god will not help you here."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Standard action to cast murderous command on purple, DC 17 will save negates. Using my Omen trait to intimidate green as a swift action.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus gritted his teeth as he barely avoided taking a blow to a vital organ from the guard. Still, at least their attack had a silver lining - he didn't have to expose his back to anyone who might come from behind and try to stab him there. The two in the museum had taught him that would be lethal.

He struck at the foe before him with his falcata, the magic shield from the library held before him.

Attack vs Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

STATUS:

AC 19, T 12, FF 17
HP 17/24
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Even though Piri was "ready with his bow should the group on the right be alert to the entrance of any of his teammates" it seems that they are upon him for melee. I was going to go through the options of stepping back under Hazel if I could or dropping the bow and drawing the rapier. It would seem moot however, given my save roll.

Piri bends over retching his guts out, while wincing from the malicious wound.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Yikes!" Sydney moves out of the way and begins casting a summoning spell, intent on providing someone with a flanker.


Male LG Human Arcanist (Occultist) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Reservoir: 4/6 | Active conditions: None.

Adrian grits his teeth at the sudden explosion of violence. This is definitely not how this was supposed to go.

"Cofn!" He holds out one hand and shouts this word as he casts a spell. When he does, a vaguely humanoid earthen figure materializes behind one of the cultists attacking Hargus. The creature immediately leaps forward, slamming its stony fists into the green cultist.

Slam, flanking, Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

If you're familiar with magic, or particularly summoning:

If you're familiar with summoning spells, you might realize Adrian cast a Summon Monster spell much faster than he probably should be able to.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Valeria maintains her bardic performance to inspire her friends +1 to atk/dmg/saves vs. fear and she casts sleep on orange, purple and on the gnome.

Casting sleep Will save DC 14 centered NE corner of purple


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Hazel loses her lunch and seeks fresh air! move action out of the cloud; if purple and orange down with sleep, she exits the cloud that way; otherwise, she stays put.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hargus slices into the one cultists and nearly drops him to the ground. Adrian's elemental slams into the other cultist and promptly drops the man to the ground with the single blow.

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Sveng casts a spell at one of the other cultists who looks toward his companion with murderous intent. Piri is too distracted by the noxious cloud to do much more then throw up all over the place. Sydney begins work on a spell as he does the best to avoid the putrid fumes.

Will-O: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Will-P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Will-G: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Valeria manages to put the other cultists and the gnome to sleep with another spell. The gas begins to dissipate as another cultists comes running from around the crates to the north east followed by an extremely slender man with stark white hair and grayish skin follows closely behind.

Hazel, also loosing her lunch, manages to get herself out of the cloud as the cultists on Hargus attacks once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

As he stabs into Hargus, he passes out from his injuries.

Round 2
Valeria, Enemies, > Hazel/Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney
Round 3
Valeria,
Enemies, Hazel/Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

GM: this is Valeria- can you give me the permission for Hazel's miniature on the Roll20 map? she is currently where the red square is, north of the sleeping alchemist.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria maintains her inspiring song and sidesteps to the east, drawing her rapier. She then plunges it into the sleeping enemy's heart.

5-ft step, drawing rapier; coup de grace

Rapier CDG vs. Orange, Inspire Courage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8 piercing dmg.

--> Orange Fort DC 18 or die.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, noticing the enemies nearest him are asleep thanks to Valeria, fatally shoots the one on his upper right.

Coup-de-grac on the purple dot

Auto crit bow x3

Coup damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Coup damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
Coup damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

I believe that Piri's foe needs a Fort DC 25 to survive this or die


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney finishes his casting, and a dire rat appears flanking with Piri.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng sees more drop to the ground and gives Valeria a glance of wariness. That trick seems like a paltry one but is deadly in combat. He sees the gray-skinned man come around the corner and immediately pegs him as a source of trouble. He grips his shortsword with one hand and draws a symbol towards the gray man with his other. "Jilg xiekiv!" The air seems to shudder to a stop around Sveng.

Hold Person on the man, DC 18 negates. Lasts for 3 rounds, each turn he can attempt a new save as a full-round action.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Syndey, could you put a mark on the map where your summon is? I'm trying to plan my move.


Male LG Human Arcanist (Occultist) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Reservoir: 4/6 | Active conditions: None.

Question: is the ground on the map covered in crates counted as difficult terrain? Can it be moved through at all? I suppose the elemental could just swim through the ground, but I wanted to make sure.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

I don't really know how to use roll20, but I managed to put a blue rectangle where the rat is.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Good. Now Hargus can do something stupid.

With the threats on his side of the entry apparently neutralized, Hargus told Adrian, "Have your creature watch the flanks." He then moved through the group and over the bodies in order to get to the new threats who had just appeared, striking at the gray-skinned man.

Attack, inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Damage, inspire: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

STATUS:

AC 19, T 12, FF 17
HP 13/24
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

For Piri/Hazel don't forget you are nauseated for 3 rounds (so move actions only) I forgot where Hazel was so adjusted the enemies positions. As for the boxes, you would need to climb to move through box squares, they can't be moved through with normal movement.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

That's why I moved through the party's spaces.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

While Hazel and Piri continue to be sick Hargus moves up to the gray-skinned man to attack but misses him completely. Sveng casts a spell at the gray-skinned man but it appears to have no effect on him. Sydney finishes his spell as a rat appears and bites at him.

Fort-O: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Fort-P: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

It manages to bite him in the neck and kill him outright. Valeria steps over the body and stabs the other cultist, killing him as well. The gray-skinned man steps back from Hargus as he casts a spell.

DC15 Will save or drop prone and start laughing uncontrollably for 4 rounds.

The cultist there stabs at Hazel.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Even in her sickened state she manages to avoid the dagger.

Round 3
Valeria, Enemies, > Hazel/Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney
Round 4
Valeria,
Enemies, Hazel/Hargus/Adrian/Sveng/Piri/Sydney


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria maintains her inspiring performance and casts sleep over the the remaining thug and gray-skinned man. She then move next to the sleeping alchemist, behind Hazel and Hargus. Will DC 14

If thug falls asleep in front of Hazel, she will coup de grace him with a downward kick to the head, i.e. auto crit unarmed attack, Fort save = 10 + dmg or die; If thug resists, I will do Hazel's turn next.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

If she's no longer puking, her Coup de Grace would be: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12 or if thug not sleeping, she strikes for unarmed attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 dmg.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Suddenly, Hargus finds the whole situation to be rather hilarious. I mean, really, they were assaulting a warehouse full of assassins by coming in through one of the doors and fighting in the confined space. And no one else saw the humor in this? It was ridiculous! It was entirely a farce and a joke.

"He...he...haha..haha..hahahahahahah!" Hargus suddenly bursts out laughing, doubling over as he falls to the ground and laughs at just how ridiculous the whole situation is.

GM, do I get to roll a new Will save each turn as a full-round action to try and end the effect? I've rolled mine for the current round below, just in case.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri takes a step back, to distance himself from the enemies in the event they awake.

I am assuming I have this last round for recovering from nausea. If I am already recovered I will do the coup-de-grace I thought I was doing before.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney watches the craziness unfold. What have I gotten myself into.

The dire rat (blue box) moves around the battle to get behind another enemy. It attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Any sort of knowledge checks I can make on that man? Is he some sort of undead creature or something?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Know. Planes DC11:
Fetchlings are Outsiders (native) descended from generations of humans trapped on the Plane of Shadow. Infused with the essence of that plane, they are more and less than human, and often serve as middlemen in planar trade and politics. Other than their yellow eyes, their flesh has no color—it is either stark white, midnight black, or a shade of gray. On the Material Plane, they conceal themselves with heavy clothing or dim light so they can work without prejudice. The name “fetchling” is a human word; their own name for their race is kayal, meaning “shadow people.”


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri studies the newcomer

Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 10 + (1) = 23

inspiration is free as I am trained in this knowledge

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,697 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.