GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


201 to 250 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

A look of pure horror dawns on Valeria as she reaches for her whip only to find it peace-bound. It's as if history was repeating itself: the the Emperor's rejection of his daughter strikes a deep chord within Valeria. Almost forgotten feelings of loneliness and abandonment resurface within Valeria, remembering her father disowning her, mixed with sadness at the thought that the Princess will now also live day by day with those feelings, from now on.

She decides to use this sadness and turn it into something good.

"FIGHT BACK! EVERYONE! LORDS AND LADIES, SERVANTS, GUESTS, LION BLADES AND PRINCESS EUTROPIA: FIGHT BAAAAACK! FOR TALDOR!!!!!!!!!"

INSPIRE COURAGE (+1 competence to attack and dmg with weapons an +1 to morale to saves vs. fear and charm effects) FOR EVERYONE IN THE SENATE EXCEPT THE EMPEROR, THE ULFEN GUARD, AND THE BLACK-CLAD ASSASSINS! (move action to start undoing the peace-binding).


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"NOOO!" Hazel cries out as Kalbio falls. The combat instincts ingrained in her from years of experience start grinding to life as she takes in the grisly scene.

She whips around, red eyes flashing in confusion and fury, and shouts to her companions over the chaos. "Stay together! Get to Martella!"

She turns back around and starts to push forward, plowing a path straight through the panicked crowd.

Double move action, move 30ft in Martella's direction


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri is indeed horrified with the sudden events, he suspected something was amiss with the exits being blocked, but had no idea it would be of this magnitude. Incredible, and what can possibly be gained from this action. Could he be under some sort of compulsion? Well, we must get to safety.

Double move action to move 30' toward Martella.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney tries to find an out of the way place to hide from the carnage, and starts casting a summoning spell.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As Piri and Hazel rush toward Martella to assist her, fighting the panicked crowd along the way Valeria shouts out an inspirational message, her voice somehow managing to rise above the chaos. Sydney finds a safe place hiding behind a row of benches while he works to cast a spell while Sveng stands by in disbelief at the whole scene.

Hargus, splits from the group and moves toward the nearest door where people are being cut down as they attempt to flee. One of the men guarding the doors sees Hargus coming and moves up to meet him in an attempt to stop him.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

He raises his blood drenched bastard sword and brings it to bear against Hargus. Just as the blade begins to cut into his flesh, there is a blinding flash of light, and when it fades, only blackness and the smell of cold earth remain. It is pitch black and ominously silent.

None of you are on the senate floor any longer -- but where are you?

Piri/Hazel:
In the darkness, you can see. You see the rest of your companions here as well, standing surprised in the darkness.

Faded wallpaper lines the walls of this thirty-five-foot-by thirty-five-foot room, peeling up at the seams. Six beds line the western wall, each pristinely made but caked in a thick layer of dust. Eight closed wooden lockers line the northeastern corner of the room. Two doors exit the room: one to the north and one to the east. A panel of brass and green glass is on the wall next to the door leading north. There is another door to the south that also leads east.

Let me know if you can actually see the room on the map so I know if I have your Darkvision set correctly.

Perception DC20:
You caught a glimpse of your allies' senate aide badges glowing a split second before the light blinded you.

Spellcraft DC20:
You were all just the subjects of a teleportation effect.

-1 HP Hargus. Out of combat. Map updated.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

After recovering from the spell's dizzying effect, Valeria casts a spell, summoning four globes of light around the room.

Casting dancing lights

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"...wh-where are we?! what happened?!"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

I can see the room

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Is everyone alright? I am trying to decipher what happened. Once the chaos started, just before we disappeared in a flash of light, I noticed that both my badge and that of the Major, whom I was near, glowed ever so briefly. A spell familiarity tells me that we were subject to a teleport spell. It must have been stored in the badges and activated by some event or someone. Maybe Martella? At any rate, I don't know where we are and I do know that I can see because I don't need as much light, but we are in a room and I shall try and get you some light. Oh, not necessary the lovely Valeria has taken care of that for us. Let me investigate this room"

Piri begins to examine the panel carefully, and especially looking for traps.

Perception2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hearing Valeria's incantation your eyes take a moment to adjust as the darkness dissipates and you find yourself, and your companions in a room.

Faded wallpaper lines the walls of this thirty-five-foot-by thirty-five-foot room, peeling up at the seams. Six beds line the western wall, each pristinely made but caked in a thick layer of dust. Eight closed wooden lockers line the northeastern corner of the room. Two doors exit the room: one to the north and one to the east. A panel of brass and green glass is on the wall next to the door leading north. There is another door to the south that also leads east.

Valeria you can now control the light orbs you cast.

Piri:
You look around and don't notice anything that stands out as a trap.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Hargus stands in the dark, a faint wound on his left arm - the smallest scratch, really, and confusedly considers his situation. Once Valeria sheds light on the room, he looks about and asks, "Does anyone know what just happened? Where are we?"

He then begins using the liquid blade to cut the peacebonding on his weapons so he can use them if needed.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Hazel looks around furiously for a moment, trying to reconcile her senses with the new surroundings. She grits her teeth and reaches down to pull at the peacebonding on her weapons. "Don't care where we are," she growls. "I'm not standing around while that's going on somewhere."

She strides toward the north door, keeping her arms up as if expecting an attack.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"You should care. Opening that door could lead to worse. Let's take a moment, get our bearings, and figure out which door to take. Is that brass and glass thing a window, or something else?"


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Look at this dust... no one's been here in decades... maybe centuries even. The wallpaper is peeling... we're somewhere ancient I think."

Valeria looks at the decor to see how old it is, i.e. if the wallpaper, furniture, etc. is indicative of just a few decades difference or centuries or millenia...

WHEN?
Craft (clothing): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

WHERE?
Knowledge (nobility) (if some heraldry present in the wallpaper or engraved in furniture): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Knowledge (local) (customs, traditions i.e. furniture style): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

After a few moments musing about the fashion sense of this location, she starts searching the room, careful not to kick old dust into the air.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria examines the furniture and wallpaper, the linens on the beds. All, taking her time and careful to to disturb anything. There aren't any noticeable symbols or markings that would provide a clue.

As she starts searching the room there isn't a lot to find. However when she starts opening the lockers inside one she does find a few items. The one locker contains a grooming kit, a moth-eaten change of clothes, and a simple hand mirror, but the rest are empty.

The mirror stands out a bit as it has similarities in design to the senate aid badges you are wearing, likely both from the same time period.

As Valeria investigates the scene, your badges buzz and you can hear Martella's voice in your heads. "Where did you go?! I just saw you and several others in the senate vanish into thin air!"


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Responding mentally, Hargus says, "We have no idea! We've somehow been transported into some kind of old bedroom. We don't know where it is, but everything is dusty and worn. I think Valeria found a clue."


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel frowns and smacks a hand on the brass panel as she passes it by. She puts her face close to the door and listens for any sounds coming from within.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

At Martella's voice, she fumbles with the pin on her jacket and hurriedly sends her mental reply. "We're trying to figure that out ourselves! Get out safely! We'll join you as soon as we can!"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

When Hazel smacks her hand on the brass and glass panel you hear a brief click.

Hazel:
You don't hear anything on the other side of the door.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Responding mentally, "The mirror in this room is similar in design to the senate aid badges, likely from the same time period."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri responds to Martella Lady, the flash of light and our disappearance corresponded in time with a soft glow from our badges. My knowledge and experience confirm to me that it was a teleport spell of some sort triggered by some sort of action and stored in the badges. This may be similar to the magic we are currently using to communicate. Can you get any idea of our location through this type of communication? What is the range of your communication? We are obviously in a room that has not seen traffic for a great number of years. We will proceed carefully in an attempt to rejoin with you as soon as possible.

Peri, curious about the click heard when Hazel touched the panel steps to the panel again to examine it. He also frees his weapon, and briefly regrets not having his bow and arrows.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

To note, since it has been awhile since you got the badges, communication via the badge is limited to 25 words. I just imagine Martella’s frustration when these messages get cut off after 25 words hehe


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hearing nothing, Hazel opens the door and squints into the darkness, before stepping through warily.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel opens the northern door to find a ten foot by twenty foot hallway that leads to another door.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Did Valeria's Perception check uncovered anything in the room?

Valeria jumps at the sound of the Major opening the door, and quickly fumbles with herself to get her shortbow and arrows ready. The initial job is tricky at first since the whole thing had been made part of her dress design. As she removes fabric and feathers out of her gear, you note that Valeria appears less and less dressed as she equips herself... O_O


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just the contents of the one locker. Otherwise you didn't find anything of note.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng's heart quickens as the speech goes darker and darker, dropping quickly when he speaks of his daughter's loyalty. This is not an assassination attempt...this was organized by him.

Oh. Oh my. Sveng thinks simply as the killing begins.

Politics are over.

But before he can even begin moving, he is whisked away into darkness.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

As Valeria summons light he blinks, his eyes dilating and undilating at an uncomfortable rate. For how he's reacting it's like he was just another senator pulled along for this ride, bewildered and slow to act or think. He nods to Piri's words. At least somebody is keeping their head on strait.

Come on Sveng, get it together. This isn't the first time you've had to deal with sudden violence.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Sveng looks around their new surroundings. "Teleported, from the badges. Perhaps Lady Lotheed plans for more contingencies than we originally anticipated." As if on cue the voice of their employer rings through their heads. Teleported to an unknown room, Lady Lotheed. We are just as confused as you are.

Sveng takes out his hidden components bag, tying it to his waist for easy access as he murmurs a spell. "Ickrak'ey arcaniss." His eyes turn void-black as he gazes about the room.

Detect magic, sweeping everything (particularly the mirror).


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Finishing cutting his peacebindings, he looks at the liquid blade before sticking it through his belt and drawing out his falcata. Hargus looks far more comfortable with the weapon in hand than the liquid blade.

Moving to the door Hazel opened, he asks, "Do we have a source of light besides Valeria's floating balls?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng takes some time to detect magic in the room. He finds two sources of magic in the room, a faint aura is emanating from four round circles on the ceiling and the brass and glass plate.

Know. Arcana DC16 + Detect Magic:
The circles and plate have an aura of evocation magic.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Knowledge (arcana) (guidance): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10 reroll
Recall (arcana) (guidance): 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 32

"Be careful. The round circles in the ceiling and the plate have evocation magic on them. Possibly some sort of harmful trap."

Perception for traps (guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng is pretty certain there are no traps on the plate since Hazel already activated it earlier.

Having seemingly found everything of interest there is to find in the room Hazel leads the way through the corridor.

Perception:
Eregos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Hazel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Piri: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Sveng: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Sydney: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Valeria: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

SDOP:

Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

As you all keep an eye out for traps you move down the hall. Coming to the door Piri moves up to check it and ensure there is no danger. Not finding anything Piri gives Hazel the ok and she opens the door. As opposed to the previous room, the circles on the ceiling here are illuminated, casting light through out the room.

A wooden counter juts from the northwest corner of this thirty-foot- by-thirty-foot chamber. Open cabinets of dusty liquor bottles stand behind the bar, while one cabinet remains tightly sealed with a visible lock. Three tables with adjacent chairs fill much of the room. Portraits of posing nobles and historical scenes adorn the walls, all faded with age. The only other door exits to the east.

Know. History or Nobility for paintings DC14:
Each of the portraits on the wall represents a notable figure or scene chronicled by Taldor’s Fourth Army of Exploration.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

I love the efficiency in exploration GM, that post and those rolls are something that can take days on PbP. Well done!

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 reroll, oof. running out of these.
Recall Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 4 = 29

"Ah, light. That must be what the evocation magic was for." Sveng says, indicating the circles on the ceiling. He takes a moment to examine the portraits on the walls. "These each depict notable figures and events chronicled by Taldor’s Fourth Army of Exploration." He notes. "Interesting. We're likely still within Taldor, at the very least."


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

I'd say save the rest of your Recall ability for something that might be more urgent. I don't think knowing the identities of the people in the paintings qualifies.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Hargus apprises the pictures and comes to the same conclusion just seconds behind Sveng. "I concur - perhaps we are in some no longer used government structure?"

Hargus turns his attention to the locked cabinet, attempting to peer through any glass in the doors to see what's inside.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Know. History DC14 - 4th Army of Exploration:
The Fourth Army of Exploration surveyed and staked a claim to the lands that would eventually be Andoran in 1683 AR, and made a brief attempt into the Five Kings Mountains. A soldier named Galitian Maramaxus greatly distinguished himself while serving in its ranks.

The locked cabinet has solid wood doors.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Unfortunately I don't know the contents of the spoiler until I make the check. I am going to be a little more conservative with my recall ability though.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Oh come on


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 :)


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Kn. History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Hazel jabs a finger at one of the figures in the paintings, and exclaims, "Maramaxus!"

She briefly summarizes the Fourth Army of Exploration's exploits, illustrating the tale with plenty of expletives and gesticulating. Having something to concentrate on seems to calm her a little bit.

"Anyways, maybe this place is that old. Or whoever built it was really into military history." She shrugs and begins to rifle through the cabinets, hoping to speed things along so they can get back to the senate.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel searches through the open cabinets leaving the locked one be. Many of the liquors here have soured or evaporated away over the apparent eons they have been here, but two bottles of whiskey remain sealed in wax and appear to be in good shape. She also finds a wand and a particularly nice looking spoon in a drawer under the bar.

Spellcraft + Detect Magic (Wand) DC18:
This is a wand of create food and water with 14 charges.

Spellcraft + Detect Magic (Spoon) DC20:
This is a sustaining spoon.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Spellcraft DC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spellcraft DC20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"...the spoon is a magic item that will provide enough gruel each day to feed four humans. Good thing we just ate at the party..."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Spellcraft DC18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Spellcraft DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"Good thing you know what the spoon is, I couldn't figure that one out. The wand however is a wand of food and water with 14 charges. It appears this place was planned for a long stay"


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"The wand no doubt intended for the nobility, and the 'spoon of gruel' for the servants, no doubt..."


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

”This must have been some kind of lounge or bar in whatever place this is. Piri, come take a look at this locked cabinet. Let’s see what’s in here.”


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Some sort of emergency bunker?" Sveng muses as he touches Piri's shoulder to grant him guidance.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Forgot to mention in the room description there is another brass and green glass plate near the eastern door.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri steps over to the cabinet referred to by Hargus and checks it for traps

Trapfinding: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

No traps:
He attempts to disable the lock Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26then depending on success refer to previous spoiler for unlocking the locker

I suspect that Sveng will detect magic on the panel and the lights again in this room. I think they are connected. As the last thing in this room we should wait until then to 'click' that panel again.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Piri don't forget that Sveng is spamming guidance anytime somebody is making a predictable skill check (like searching for and/or disabling traps) so feel free to add that +1 bonus

At Piri's advice, Sveng scans the panel and lights in this room to make sure they're not hiding any nasty surprises.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri checks the locked cabinet and doesn't find any traps. He works at the lock for sometime but isn't able to get it unlocked. Studying the lock he thinks it may be beyond his current skill to pick.

While Piri busies himself with the locked cabinet Sveng checks to the room for magic. Similar to the previous room he finds the same results with the circles on the ceiling and the panel on the wall. Additionally he detects a magical aura on the locked cabinet. Taking some time to study it he finds a moderate aura of transmutation it appears the wood of the cabinet has been magically treated to better preserve and protect it.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus nods to Piri and says, "Thanks for trying. Might have to do this the hard way, unless someone found a key."

GM, is the lock like a padlock, or built into the cabinet?


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Doing it the hard way may prove rather difficult, the wood has been reinforced with magic. It may be easier to break the lock itself rather than the cabinet." Sveng offers.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Built into the cabinet.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"I think our efforts may be best spent looking for a key." Unless there is anything else worthy of note to investigate in the room, Sveng recommends moving forward.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"Agreed. If the wood's been magically treated, it probably takes too long to break open. Next door?"


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria bags the wand, the spoon, and the bottles of whiskey in her backpack then gets ready to go to the next door with the others. She reads the whiskey labels, noting the date and the estate.

201 to 250 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.