GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


401 to 450 of 1,598 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Hmm, I wonder how many good relationships and monetary rewards we can rack up at this rate. "Of course. There are others we are also working on getting out safely. We are currently clearing out the path while they wait in safety. Would you like to wait with them?" He offers.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney watches, and tries to recall if he saw this halfling among the service staff he was chatting up eariler in the party.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Why would anyone offer a silk hanky as compensation?


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

GM:
He is all by himself rather than with a group, which would indicate he is probably capable of taking care of himself, not the scared little halfling he is trying to portray. A silk Hankie as reward. There is a reason he has a badge like ours, operating alone, and wants to suggest we are a rescue party rather than here to rob and pilfer ourselves. I am going to be continuously watching him for more clues.

"Just out of curiosity sir, what was your reason for attending the festivities and celebration and how did you get that specialized badge? Our badges are similar but were specifically assigned to us as we had our own duties. This would lead us to believe you must have had some specialized duties at the event."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The halfling thinks a moment on Sveng's question and before he has a chance to answer Piri inquires about his duties. The halfling smiles "Oh, why I was there by invite of one of the senators of course. I mean that is the only way I know you can get one of these badges. I assume you were there for the same yes?"

He promptly turns his attention back to Sveng to reply "Well, I suppose I could do that, but... I mean wouldn't it be better if I stay with you?" He looks to Hazel, carrying the lamp you found earlier and exclaims "I could carry your lamp for you! That way you all can focus on what is at hand and I can just help out. I mean, I know my silk hankie isn't worth all that much so I don't mind pitching in to carry my own weight. You know us halflings, we are hard workers, so let me help earn my keep in getting out of this wretched place, yes?"

As far as any of you can tell, he is telling the truth.

Sydney:
You don't recall seeing this halfling specifically, but you weren't paying particularly close attention. Everything he has said so far seems to be on the up and up.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Assuming Sveng doesn't pick up anything either:

"Very well, but be advised we don't know of what dangers these catacombs hold. We will do everything we can to protect you, but we cannot guarantee your safety."


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Hargus considers the halfling, and says, "Suit yourself. We've encountered some undead creatures that can hide in the walls, then pop out and kill you. Are you sure you want to come with us? If another one shows up, it might get you."


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Hmph, if he wants to come, let him come," Hazel says brusquely. She passes off the lantern to the halfling, freeing up both of her hands, and nods once in thanks. "Let's check the last room and then get moving."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The halfling nods and smiles "I'll be sure to stay behind you and let you do all the fighting!"

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

As you continue your way around the square hallway you check the next room and find it empty but the same fashion as the others.

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Checking the final room you are surprised to find two more survivors sitting in the room talking to one another. The first is a man you hand't seen before but the last is no other than Dame Trant herself. When she see's you at the door she glares at Hazel and shakes her head dismissively, turning to the other man "Ah, look the local bumpkins somehow managed to end up down here too."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Lovely. Although a woman inclined to violence may prove useful in our situation. "Greetings. Let me guess; you were just about to get injured when you were suddenly teleported down here, and were possibly attacked by creatures in the walls?" Sveng ventures.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria laughs lightly at the 'bumpkins' barb, making it sound like it was a joke uttered between close friends, and says "Dame Trant, how good it is to see you again! We seem to find ourselves in the same predicament. Let us cooperate together to get out of this place. To be honest, if I am to be stuck in a dungeon with someone, I'd rather find myself with a strong ally such as yourself. I can contribute magic to this effort, and so can some of my friends here. What say you?"

Diplomacy, Shamed, Courtyard Mastery Bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 27


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri simply observes the interactions, and the space. He focuses on the Man with the Trant Tramp. hehe

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Bumpkins?

"This is all very strange indeed."

Sydney, addressing the new people, asks "Does anyone have any idea where we are or what brought us here?"


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

”I was about to say the same thing about you,” Hazel snaps back, returning Malphene’s glare. She crosses her arms and glowers from behind Valeria, eyes flashing red.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With Valeria's words Trant rolls her eyes and huffs "Fine, you are probably right, it is better we work together at least for now." She shrugs "Doesn't mean I have to like it though..." She trails off and the man stands to introduce himself. "I am Jowuan Zubari, humble servant of Abadar. If you should have need of my gods services, I would gladly oblige, of course for appropriate compensation."

When Sydney asks about where they are or how they got their both Zubari and Trant shurg, not knowing.

Trant looks back to you after Zubari's introduction and asks "So what is the plan? What do you want us to do?"


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

What an impudent child. I suppose she must be catered to, within reason, to avoid becoming a problem. "Your help is much appreciated, lady Trant."

A priest offering his services but only for coin. Him telling us he serves Abadar is redundant. "Brother Zubari, well met. Do you intend to join us on our quest to clear the exit than? I would advise you to keep in mind that this is not a tour group, we are going through ancient catacombs with undead hiding in the walls and other unknown dangers. I would hate for your life or ours to be dependent on monetary gains, or forfeit due to lack of coin. Gold is worthless in the hands of the dead." Sveng advises.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Trying to convince him that if he wants to help, he should do it out of self-preservation. He is not being hired and given a choice to risk his neck for monetary reward; he is in danger, and should do what he can within his power to stay alive.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"We found four peers of Taldor down the hall, over there. One had unfortunately succumbed to the wounds inflicted by the undead plaguing these walls, but the remaining three are safe, and will wait for us all to secure the rooms beyond before following us all out of here. They have offered to compensate us generously for our efforts and the risk we are about to undertake. Mister Zubari, indeed, as per my colleague's concern here," says Valeria, pointing respectfully in Sveng's direction, before continuing, "if you join our efforts and that of Dame Trant here, we would be more than willing to ignore such compensation provided by your church, in exchange for your valuable services down here, both for our benefit and Dame Trant's, of course."

Diplomacy, Courtyard, Shamed - Assisting Sveng: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 14


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Zubari looks to Trant and she notes "My family will pay your fees you gold hungry priest." Zubari turns back to the rest of you "Very well, lead the way."

So unless someone else says otherwise it looks like Trant, Zubari and the halfling, who you never got his name, will be following along and assisting. Where to next?


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Just to be clear, Trant is a cleric of Abadar, Zubari is some kind of warrior-type, and the halfling (I think we still don't have his name?) is just carrying the light, correct?

Ah, perhaps spoiled but not stingy. There may be hope within her. And honesty is technically a virtue, in certain spaces. Sveng nods. "Very well, Lady Trant, you should take up front right behind Hazel." Where you are useful but we can also keep an eye on you. "Brother Zubari, I assume you would like to avoid melee, yes? If so you should remain directly behind me." A priest of Abadar is unlikely to break his word or suddenly turn on us.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus looks at the halfling holding the light, and whispers, "What is your name, anyway?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Ref. Halfling's name: D'Oh! ninja'ed by Hargus!! :)

@Sveng: Dame Trant is a warrior-type and is the daughter of Senator Trant - we met her already at the Gala - she tried to threaten a pro-Princess Senator into changing his vote but we changed her mind peacefully; Zubari is a cleric of Abadar that just got TOLD by Trant to heal us all and stop asking for money! :) Since he appeared here with Dame Trant, it's safe to think he had been pinned with an aide's badge in the event Dame Trant's safety got compromised. He wasn't with Dame Trant at the Gala so I'm starting to really, really like these badges and what we could do with them... :) :) :)

Valeria smiles at Dame Trant's use of her bullying skills towards the priest of Abadar. She turns to the halfling, and kindly asks, "Kind Sir, Hargus, our warrior-friend here, is not trying to be rude, but just attempting to complete our records. What is your name again? and which Senator invited you to the Gala? I apologize for this inquiry, but with our numbers growing, we should make accurate records of who helped vanquishing the monsters in these halls, so that proper compensation can be allocated afterwards. Are you handy with a blade or can you provide magic to our efforts? of course, if carrying a light is all you can do, that is perfectly fine as well, but compensation may be adjusted proportionally to available skill set, after all is said and done..."

Diplomacy, Shamed: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Zubri is the cleric, Trant is the fighter and yes the halfing is just carrying the light.

Trant eyes Hazel for a moment when Sveng mentions she should be up front with the tiefling then finally nods without saying anything. Zubari agrees with Sveng "Yes, that should work well."

When Hargus askes the halfling his name he shakes his head and chuckles "Oh... where are my manners... my apologies. I'm Imistos Gulbend, at your service."

Hargus:
He doesn't seem to be hiding anything.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria also observes the halfling's response, growing slightly annoyed at the partial responses provided.

Sense Motive, Shamed: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
Bluff to conceal Valeria's growing annoyance with the halfling's lack of info in regards to which Senator hired him; Shamed: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hehe you ninjaed me as well, otherwise he would have replied

When Valeria inquires about the halfling he smiles "Well, I was invited by Earl Vernisant, but it was really my friend Wyssilka the Fantabulous that convinced him to have me along, you know to help expose me to the political circles of Taldor." When Valeria asks about his skills he pauses a moment then continues "I would really rather prefer to just hold the light. You all seem very capable and I worry I would just get in the way."

Valeria:
He seems to be telling you the truth, but he is obviously holding something back, you have a feeling he is more than capable at fighting."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri is observing all of this quietly and nods gratefully with Valeria's line of questioning. Hmmm, I'm sure there is something fishy about that halfling but he seemed to not hesitate with his backstory. I'm really not a fan of such a large group, let's hope they are useful.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hmph," Hazel huffs, eyeing the noblewoman as she falls into place behind her. She looks unhappy about the situation, although her lips twitch into the approximation of a smile when Malphene tells off Zubari.

As soon as everyone is ready, she cautiously leads the way into the next room.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Ah I typed the name backwards, but yes I remember lady Trant. Alright I'm good.

Imistos...there is more to you than meets the eye. "Well time may be of the essence, so let us continue onwards."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The group makes their way back to the only remaining unexplored room, the previously discovered room full of displays.

It is exactly as you first found it and aside from all the various displays of weapons, armor and other items, there are two closed doors in the northern wall.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Do these circles mean anything to anyone?"

Sydney examines them more closely, hoping for some insight. If nothing is apparent and no one offers insight, then he casts unseen servant and instructs it to cleanup the circles that it can.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"I examined them pretty thoroughly and I cannot determine about them. They may be doodles or an attempt at magical runes that have no magic, or were long ago discharged."

Piri makes his way to the table with Alchemical items and attempts to identify anything useful or of value.

Potions of interest he can hold in his hand for one round and identify like a detect magic spell

Piri lifts the first flask that looks exotic and examines it.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"Sveng, which weapons did you identify as possibly being magical in this room?"

Hargus will go where Sveng points him, looking.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As Piri reaches down and touches the display with the alchemical items you hear glass shatter and turn to see the two suits of armors coming to life and breaking out of their glass displays.

Initiative:
Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Know. Religion DC 12:
You recognize these as Guardian Phantom Armor. Created from blood-spattered armor infused with the souls of betrayed knights or fallen soldiers, phantom armors appear as suits of damaged but animate armor that move with deadly purpose and lethal precision.

Round 1
> Valeria/Hazel/Eregos/Sydney/Piri/Sveng,
Enemy


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria loads her crossbow immediately, and begins an operatic performance on a high note that matches the glass breaking!

Inspire Courage; +1 competence bonus to atk/dmg; +1 morale bonus to saves vs. fear


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus moves forward, drawing his falcata as he does so, and takes up a position to strike at a suit of armor if it approaches him.

Move action, drawing falcata as I do so, then readying an attack if the suit of armor comes within reach.

Attack, inspire courage: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Damage, inspire courage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Moving armor. Great. At least my abilities will continue to remain a secret.

A familiar incantation springs from his lips at Sveng steps over to Hazel.

Move action to get next to Hazel, standard action to cast guidance on her.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel hustles toward the suit of armor on the left and aims a kick for the middle of it's breastplate. Move 30ft and attack.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 Oof.
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

What was that? an orison or a cantrip? whatever that was, it was a simple enchantment... I ought to ask him what he can do one of these days...


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Don't forget guidance! You didn't miss with a 9, you missed with a 10! :)


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Don't believe the competence bonuses stack though. :(


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus shrugged off Sveng's spell casting - he didn't understand magic, or the difference between clerics and wizards. He'd been fairly helpful thus far, though, and he seemed trustworthy enough.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri moves around to help the Major help him...
Atk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Forgot to do this on my turn... this giant block of textcheese is now under the 'MACROS' section under my avatar... thank you!

VALERIA'S GREAT MUNSTER CHECK!:

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

@GM: my bad - this character doesn't have crossbow. Is it ok if I had her draw her whip instead?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria draws her whip and starts to sing an inspiring ballad for the group. Hazel moves in to strike at one of the suits of moving armor, but the blow just glances off the suit of armor. Hargus moves in between some of the displays and prepares for the other suits advance. Piri goes to help Hazel but the suit of armor easily avoids his strike. Sveng moves up near Hazel in an attempt to assist her attack, but it didn't seem to be much help.

The one suit of armor doesn't even have to go anywhere and brings its longsword to bear against Hazel.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

He cuts into but only leaves a minor flesh wound.

The other one creaks and clanks it's way toward Hargus, giving him the opportunity to attack. However, much like Hazel his strike just glances off the suite of armor, which returns an attack of its own.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

This suit also cuts into Hargus but only leaves a minor wound as well.

Trant springs into action drawing her sword and moving to help Hargus while Zubari follows behind her to be of assistance.

Round 2
> Valeria/Hazel/Eregos/Sydney/Piri/Sveng,
Enemy, Trant/Zubari


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

GM, are the squares directly above and below the suit of armor on the left available to stand in? I'm wondering if we can start working on a flank.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Just noticed I forgot Weapon Focus last time.

Nodding in acknowledgement of Dame Trant's aid, Hargus uses the flank she has set up to strike at the armor.

Attack, inspire, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

@Sveng Not without squeezing which would be worse than getting the flank bonus. (ie -4 to attack)


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria maintains her performance and, snapping her whip high in the air above the display case, attempts to pull down the eastern armor suit by the neck.

whip to trip at a distance vs. CMD, inspire: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Gotcha. I guess I'll just try to assist than.

Sveng draws his shortsword at his waist, stepping forward to threaten the armor to leave an opening for Hazel.

Assist (DC 10): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Hazel will gain a +2 to her next attack against the armor.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel kicks the suit of armor again, and uses her momentum to pivot and strike at it a second time. Full attack with Brawler’s Flurry.

Unarmed Strike, Brawler’s Flurry, Inspire, Assist: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 191d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 8 Wow, second time I’ve rolled a 1 today. :(
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 71d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Left armor still standing
Wow, I really need my short bow, I forgot how bad I was with this rapier"
Piri,strikes a pose prior to the poke at the left armor...
Atk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

401 to 450 of 1,598 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.