GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


51 to 100 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Dice:
Knowledge (nobility) to research Duke Centimus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Knowledge (nobility) to research Countess Abrielle Pace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Knowledge (nobility) to research Baron Nicolaus Okerra: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Knowledge (nobility) to research High Strategos Maxillar Pythareu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Reroll
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Knowledge (nobility) to research Lady Lotheed's Half-Brother: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Knowledge (nobility) to research Earl Calhadion Vernisant: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Reroll Knowledge (nobility) to research High Strategos Maxillar Pythareu: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 = 14

So many names. It's time to get to work. Although he wouldn't admit it, having to hide and twiddle his thumbs was slowly slipping him into a downward spiral. But a new job, an intricate one with dozens of moving parts...

This kind of work is what he lived for.

Sveng spends hours in a secluded inn, flipping through volumes of carefully organized notes on the notable people of the city. He stops once to acquire a late dinner, which he refuses to allow the servant indoors to deliver. Then it's back to work.

Our meeting was at 8pm, and we need 8 hours of sleep to avoid fatigue, so Sveng will work from 9pm-1am today, sleep until 9am, and then continue working until all of the targets are researched. He will take a break to meet the others at his tailor, but even with significant time spent there he should have plenty of time to finish all of his research. The rest of the time will be spent learning about and outfitting his new companions, and working on various channels so he can use his Young Reformer trait during the gala.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Eregos:
You were successful on gathering info on Pace your so you will be able to receive a bonus on her in the future

Sveng/Eregos:

General Okerra Info: A celebrity in the tournament circuit and a kind but stern leader, Baron Nicolaus Okerra is considered one of Taldor’s chief defenders of law and order. He has little time for pomp and circumstance, secluding himself in the noble courts of the senate building to debate with aspiring nobles on the importance of law. His charming demeanor is only somewhat mitigated by his staunch devotion to order, even when he defends the shadier aspects of a lawful society.

General Pace Info: Countess Pace is agreeable and endearing to those she considers useful or empowering, but entirely dismissive of “useless people.” Outwardly a firm ally of Princess Eutropia and the end of primogeniture, Countess Pace sycophantically trails political power like a wolf chases prey, allying herself with whoever offers her an advantage. She is likely to betray her allies should things turn against her.

General Centimus Info: Duke Centimus lost the use of his legs in a riding accident, and while many of his contemporaries believe this makes him a less capable leader, Leonard has stubbornly refused to hire a divine spellcaster to heal the damage. The duke has a keen interest in the world beyond Taldor, and still hopes to visit Goka, where his great-grandfather originally hailed from.

Sveng:

You were successful on gathering info on all of your targets so you will be able to select one of them to receive a bonus on in the future

General Pythareus Info: The high strategos is direct and confident, cutting to the heart of any topic. He despises politics, preferring to focus on matters of military and strategic concern. His presence at the Gala is a formality; Maxillar would much rather be inspecting troops or training on horseback.

General Vernisant Info: A proud man in his early thirties, Calhadion Vernisant is the appointed leader of Greater Ridonport and a hereditary senator. His political ambitions are considerable, though he kept a low profile following the brutal dismemberment of Grand Duke Forath Bozbeyli (the former head of Tandak Prefecture). To boost his resume, he has played up his being a direct descendant of General Arnisant and used his pedigree to politically bludgeon his peers into submission, leveraging their fear of appearing unpatriotic against them.

General Lotheed Info: Count Bartelby Lotheed, took over the day to day management of the family lands after their fathers deaths. He mainly sticks to his lands but Bartelby visited Martella once following the death of their father, and rather than console his sister, he instead told her not to return to the family estate unless she brought a suitor who would actually bring value to the Lotheed family. Now he works to garner favor in the senate by gifting lavish wines from the families private stock.

After taking time to prepare for the gala you all meet back at the cafe from last night. Once everyone arrives, you travel a few blocks towards the senate building. The Taldan senate is the seat of the senatorial branch of the Taldan government. The structure has existed in one form or another for millennia, though natural disasters, sabotage, and war have partially leveled it several times in the empire's grand history, leading to many large-scale repairs and revisions. The current senate building is a grandiose, T-shaped edifice constructed from white marble. Ostentatious columns carved with glorious scenes of the nation's history surround the building on all sides, while a pronounced flight of precisely 100 stairs ascends to the main entrance.

While senators may enter the senate building with a minimum of fuss, the process for aides, staff, and other attendees to enter is long and tedious. You get shuffled into an expansive line dedicated to senatorial aides, minor noble attendants, and various others deemed as "people useful to people of import." The line progresses ponderously, and it will likely take several hours to finally reach the front. During this time, dozens of overeager merchants attempt to sell a variety of wares to you and other staffers — mostly novelty Taldan flags and phony pieces of historical memorabilia. Several others in the line begin to bemoan the wait, touting their respective level of importance based on association with their affiliated nobles and senators.

The entire affair is quite tiresome.

You are halfway through the line when a dreary inspector approaches you. "You've been selected for a random inspection," the Vudrani woman says. "Follow me."

Sense Motive DC 20:
She appears to have been feigning her selection and has chosen you deliberately.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Oh, how exciting. Anything to get out of this line-- yes!"

Valeria happily follows the inspector, offering her gloved hand to the guard.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"What? Oh, certainly. We have nothing to hide." Sydney moves to comply with the lady's orders.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 On the nose!

Sveng holds up a hand to his companions, signalling them to hold for a moment. "Randomly selected you say? Now that is rather curious. What did you say your name was?" He says with a soft smile.

Trying to ascertain if this is an ally helping us skip the line or an enemy who wants to tie us up or get us in legal trouble.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Sense Motive: : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Not missing any details, Piri notices that there don't seem many others randomly selected, and mathematically it doesn't make sense that everyone in a single group would be randomly selected, just by the strict definition of random, the odds are astounding. Something is off here but I haven't done anything wrong and nothing really to hide so may as well go. Wait Sveng seems to be hesitating. He is not uneducated, maybe he knows something. I will make a motion to comply but I will stall to see what Sveng does. All without ever opening his mouth or making a sound and certainly not bringing any attention to himself.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The inspector glances back at Sveng raising an eyebrow and letting out a sigh, "The names Kathann Zalar. Come along now, I promise I won't bite. Please don't mar tonight by being stubborn. Tell a good old inspector like myself, the other lot heed my request, so why don't you? It's a big help to follow your friends lead" She seems to have a slight accent that oddly inflects some words.

Sense Motive DC 15:
"The names Kathann Zalar. Come along now, I promise I won't bite. Please don't mar tonight by being stubborn. Tell a good old inspector like myself, the other lot heed my request, so why don't you? It's a big help to follow your friends lead."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Derp

Sveng gets an inquisitive sense of her strange accent, but can't seem to place it. It's a big help to follow your friends lead...she at least seems to have an emphasis on collaboration. With a nod he steps out of line to follow the inspector.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hargus doesn't think there's anything wrong, but Sveng seems to pick up on something, so he decides to follow the other man's lead and see what became of this.

Sense Motive 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Picking up on the hidden message, he nods and says, "Of course. We'll come with you for the inspection. Let's go."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The woman keeps an impassive face as she escorts you to the base of the steps to the senate building. Once you are away from the crowd, she says softly, "I appreciate you not making a scene. We have a common friend."

The actual inspection is a short affair, with Kathann quickly glancing over you to ensure there are no restricted items. Seemingly satisfied, she nods. "Alright. You're free to go on inside. Enjoy your evening." She ushers you forward ahead of the line. You ascend the hundred marble steps to the senate of the Taldan empire. Hundreds of nobles, senatorial aides, and visiting dignitaries mingle within and without the grand halls of the senate. You spend a few minutes getting the lay of the land.

Map added for reference in Roll20. Also added some additional details to the Loot & Notes for quick reference instead of having to search through previous posts.

Map Details:

A1. Arcade of Triumphs

This entry gallery celebrates Taldor's abundant military and political glories. Banners and trophies line the halls of the arcade, some displayed openly while others rest behind intricate glass cases, while armor stands and display cases present countless artifacts belonging to great heroes and soldiers. A score of Taldan Phalanx troops stand at attention, acting as both ceremonial honor guards for the senate and guides to some of the military assets on display.

High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus is here, a muscular man in his early forties with weathered skin and close-cropped silver hair. He wears a blue-and-green tabard emblazoned with Taldor's official coat-of-arms. Also here are the five items donated by Earl Calhadion Vernisant for the night's ball--an elaborate silk fan, a brass spyglass, a leather journal, a fine buckler, and an ornate silver dagger.

A2. Courtyard

Breathtaking gardens surround the senate building. Catered patios segregated by short iron fences, coordinated military displays, and even a makeshift zoo of imported animals and magical beasts fill the few open spaces here, even including a small hive of bees busily pollinating the exotic flowers and making the honey used by the senate kitchens. Many of the senior nobles enjoy the breaks between ceremonies in this open space.

Lady Gloriana Morilla is here, sporting the finest of Absalom's fashion.

A3. Emperor's Hall

This gathering space before the senate chamber is set aside as the property of the emperor, and features countless statues and portraits of previous grand princes. While formally these chambers are for the use of the emperor, no grand prince has ever maintained an office within the senate building, and the space is understood to be public meeting rooms by silent agreement.

A4. Gallery

Note that this area doesn't appear on the map.

The second floor of the senate building acts as an observation deck to the events of the main floor, with offices for various senators lining the outer walls. This area of winding passageways is typically open to noble observers and senatorial aides. Much of the gallery is dedicated to entertaining the children of various nobles, with extravagant performances occurring throughout the upper balconies of the senate building.

Countess Abrielle Pace is here, dressed in ridiculously gauche noble clothing and fine jewelry. Also here is Wyssilka the Fantabulous, a halfling jester entertaining the children.

A5. Imperial Archives

The Imperial Archives could have been Golarion's greatest collection of transcribed knowledge, had any care been invested into its upkeep. Centuries of redirected funding and senate-sanctioned pruning of "sensitive information" has ruined the once immaculate reputation of the archives. This vast library now acts as a repository of haphazardly curated books, senate minutes, and genealogy records left open to the scrutiny of uncaring nobles. During the Grand Day of Exaltation, a host of rising aristocrats and aspiring courtiers here tout their knowledge of Taldan history.

Duke Leonard Centimus is here, a round-faced half-elf seated in an elaborate wheelchair.

A6. Senate Floor

Normally closed to non-senators, the vast, circular senate floor is open to special guests during the Grand Day of Exaltation, and myriad would-be nobles take the opportunity to duck in and live out a few moments of power fantasy, issuing mock legislation or engaging in lively debates.

Baron Nicolaus Okerra is here, a handsome man standing a head taller than the rest of the crowd. Also here is Kalbio of Breezy Creek, the intended recipient of the noble elevation from Grand Prince Stavian. He uncomfortably wears clothing of noble finery, constantly fidgeting with the cuffs or scratching at his neck.

A7. Servant Area

While several hidden corridors crisscross the senate building, allowing servants to come and go without disturbing the assembled politicians, this area houses most of the storerooms, workshops, and kitchens where the building's small army of servants bustle around to maintain the facade of opulence. Even this area, never meant for noble eyes, is of exceptional quality, though the gilt has worn thin on most corners, and here and there cheap repairs mar artistic furniture.

Each of the people of import are currently predisposed with sycophants and senatorial matters, considering the coming deliberation. You'll have to wait to try to influence them, but in the meantime, you can do your best to work the crowd.

Social Round 1

A PC can attempt an appropriate skill check with a set DC for one of the areas of the senate, hobnobbing and impressing the general crowd in that area. Each area has two thresholds, which represent levels of influence over that area. Every point by which the PC's result on one of these skill checks exceeds the DC is added to a pool of points specific to that area. When the number of points earned by the party as a whole exceeds the threshold of an area, then the GM provides the PCs with the information and story award associated with that area's threshold value.

You can each make one check now followed by your RP of how you are attempting to influence the area. These are the skills associated with each area:

A1. Appraise, Knowledge (history) or (nobility), Perception, Spellcraft, or Use Magic Device.
A2. Handle Animal, Knowledge (engineering, local, or nature), or Perform (keyboard, percussion, sing, string, or wind).
A4. Acrobatics, Disguise, Perform (act, comedy, or dance), or Sleight of Hand.
A5. Knowledge (arcana, geography, or history), Linguistics, Profession (librarian or scribe), or Stealth.
A6. Bluff, Knowledge (local, nobility, or religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (clerk or barrister), or Sense Motive.
A7. Craft (alchemy, carpentry, jewelry, sculpture, or stonemasonry), Heal, Intimidate, Profession (baker, butcher, cook, innkeeper, or porter), or Sense Motive.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Shall we divide and conquer? We need to make the most of our time in here." Despite his speech about getting down to business, Sydney is clearly enamored with the whole of the event, and looks like a kid in a candy shop.

Heading straight for the senate floor (A6), the man tries to strike up a few conversations about lessor concerns in local politics. But he keeps getting distracted by the architecture and excitement about the power that often sits in this place. A little bird in his ear keeps whispering advice, but unfortunately it is going unheeded.

Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Just assuming that 13 isn't influencing much...


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus sees Maxillar Pythareus in the Arcade of Triumphs, and though he itches to get close and overhear him, he knows that his emotions will cloud his judgement of this and can't risk anything that would interfere with his revenge. Instead, he moves onto the gallery, hoping that what he'd learned of Countess Pace earlier would help him influence her and ensure she backed ending primogeniture in the final vote. He decided to see if he could entertain the nobles' children by putting on various masks and speaking in funny voices.

Disguise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

His voices aren't very funny, though.

Assuming I can't apply Seamless Guise to this check, based on the wording of the ability. If I can, add 20.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng gives a nod to the inspector. Well done, enough caution to avoid a trap but not so much to cause a scene. And well done Lady Lotheed, good foresight to see this coming and make plans for it. He adjusts his collar and enters.

Sveng gazes around the vast, crowded space, controlling the grin that tries to sneak its way onto his face.

Jackpot.

Sveng ambles in slowly, noting the location of important people to come back to later and details about their appearance, demeanor, and general purpose in being here. Be patient, there is much time. The early bird often finds the worm is still asleep. So he walks slowly and casually, enjoying the atmosphere.

Sveng makes his way to the senate floor (A6) where he knows the greatest concentration of important people is likely to be. He takes a moment casing out the large room, and to his surprise sees Sydney Streegrenet gazing around like an awestruck child. After a pause Sveng walks over.

Sveng arrives next to Sydney with a smile. "Sydney! I must say your new outfit is splendid. Ah, but excuse my rudeness, I interrupt your conversation here. I managed to catch the last snippet, talking about the local politics are you? If it's not too much too ask can you recall what you've already covered? Perhaps I can add some insight of my own." He says with a smile, putting a hand on Sydney's shoulder.

Sveng will join Sydney in attempting to influence the senate area. He will use his recall ability on Sydney, allowing him to retry his knowledge check with a +4 bonus. Sveng will also add his own check.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 Reroll
Recall Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 4 = 27

Recall has been used twice today, leaving him with 5/7 uses.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

What am I thinking? Quick, try something more relevant...

Reroll knowledge(local): 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 4 = 21


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sydney/Sveng:
You successfully take part in one of many debates that occur in the area. Jumping into a discussion on the validity of primogeniture and other traditional institutions. Between both of your moving thoughts on the matter you actually win the debate against a particularly odious young politician to the entertainment of nearby Judge Dartist Mercenian. He offers you a gold ring emblazoned with the Mercenian family crest as a sign of his family's favor. "I appreciate you putting young Brill in his place. He thinks that his farts smell of strawberries so I'm glad you could knock him down a notch, especially in front of so many on lookers."

Additionally, you can select any one skill from the influence skill list for this area and use that skill to influence another area in the senate where that skill could not normally be used.

Hargus:
You attempt to entertain some of the children, but you can't hold a candle to the efforts of halfling jester doing a great job also working the area.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Entering the Senate halls with confidence and a certain ease for such events, Valeria heads straight for High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus' general area, and mingles with generals, nobles wearing armor and the various soldiers present, offering her gloved hand to each of them and announcing herself as 'Lady Valeria Tanessen of Kintargo.'

Valeria is quick to compliment their uniforms, and is genuinely overjoyed to meet military folks that did not grow on Asmodean preaching. She takes a glass of wine from a passing servant, utterly enjoys herself meeting new people. People whose faiths and demeanor are infinitely more benevolent than her family's.

AREA A1 - Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

GM/Sydney:
Sveng gives a polite chuckle at Judge Dartist Mercenian's joke. "Now that is a colorful comment, I hope you don't mind that I steal it for my own repertoire." He glances after Brill. "I do hope it is good for him. It is not a negative quality to be persistent, but a certain level of stubbornness is unbecoming."

Are you saying we can take the skills from here and immedietly go into another area and apply them right now, or that we have broadened our options for the next social round? Regardless, Sveng will take the opportunity to head to the Gallery and apply a knowledge (local) check to entertain the children with local stories and legends (to get the attention of more important people of course).

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It would be for the next social round. Can only do one thing each round (influence an area, influence an NPC, or work on a mission).


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel does not yet venture further than the Arcade of Triumphs, and takes her time observing the artifacts on display there. Military history is a familiar subject, and it puts her at ease a little, although the entire event is decidedly more extravagant than any she's ever been to. She tests the waters of the gala, striking up a conversation with one of the guides, and observing their reaction.

Kn. History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri will use one more Spellcraft check to talk about the artifacts in A1,

Spoiler:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Then next round head back toward the area for the sabotage mission.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria:
As you talk with the various nobles and officers you feel you are making a little headway. You eventually catch the ear of a noblewoman familiar with Kintargo. She chats with you about how things were when you left and inquires into why you came to Oppara, remarking that you must be happy to be a citizen of Taldor now rather than Cheliax.

+1 to Threshold

Hazel:
As you talk with one of the curators of the Arcade you feel like you are making a little headway. She is impressed by your military knowledge and shows you around to various artifacts that have military significance, some dating back centuries. The collection is quite impressive.

+1 to Threshold

Piri/Hazel/Valeria:
As Piri is walking around looking at artifacts a crossbow catches his eyes. With his knowledge of the arcane he looks it over. The senate’s curator of antiquities, Copernia Vau, comes over and mentions that it is called Dignity’s Barb, a famed weapon of the Seventh Army of Exploration. She goes on to detail the crossbow's history as a weapon that gloriously slew a raving Kellid warlord. Being impressed with your eye for quality items and happy of the interest you have shown she offers you a brief tour of the adjoining restoration room, where artifacts are cleaned and preserved. She notes that you are welcome to stop by and find her when you would like to take the tour.

Just after the curator offers you a tour some rowdiness in the crowd catches your attention. You look in the direction of the the disturbance and notice the Princess Eutropia herself has arrived at the event. She is pre-occupied with greetings and handshakes from the more prominent quests, but begins to slowly make her way toward the courtyard as the crowd follows along.

Once you embark on the tour, as long as someone displays interest in Copernia’s work, she is distracted. This provides anyone attempting the Theft mission a +5 circumstance bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to steal valuables from the arcade.

Sveng/Sydney:
After your debate finishes up, you start to notice more and more people leaving and heading toward to courtyard. You overhear one noble mention that Princess Eutropia has arrived and plans to give a speech in the courtyard.

Spending some time getting acquainted with the senate and sparking up conversations and debates you all feel that the evening is off to a good start.

Social Round 2

With Princess Eutropia's arrival the crowds have started to move toward the courtyard. Prince Eutropia is now added as Major NPC to the courtyard for potential influence, but she is currently pre-occupied. However, with more and more people taking an interest in the Princess it does now open up the opportunity to working on influencing specific NPCs or working on missions. Princess Eutropia's speech will take place at the beginning of Social Round 4. I've blacked out the areas that you have successfully and completely influenced on the Loot & Info sheet (currently Arcade and Senate Floor).


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Social Round 2

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Realizing that it would be rather difficult for him to compare to a bard for entertainment, he instead focuses on greeting and politely speaking with some of the nobles who are up in the Gallery, slowly making his way towards Countess Pace.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 2

With the senate area under their sway, Sveng begins making his way through the rest of the crowd. A snippet of conversation there, a whispered word here, a scandalous glance...anything that may help him locate one of the major opponents to the repeal of primogeniture.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

If the location matters, Sveng will continue in the senate area. If not he will just roam around and listen in as he passes.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Taking advantage of the location, and hoping to discover something about how the man ticks before heading in for the speech, Sydney sidles up to Baron Nicolaus Okerra. As he does so, he whispers to Iznagitur, "Watch this bird and let me know if you notice anything that can help me influence him to see our point of view."

"So, I see you have an interest in the proceedings here, as do I. If I may be so bold, how does one with your military background view the discussion on primogeniture?"

Discovery checks on Okerra.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Thrush's Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
This die roller hates me.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria gracefully nods and agrees with the noblewoman in front of her, reaffirming that so far she does find Taldor infinitely more interesting than Kintargo, which, she adds, now appears very insignificant compared to the jewel that is Oppara. She keeps nodding as the lady addresses her and a group of other nobles, all the while listening to the conversation High Strategos Maxillar Pytareus is having right next to them!

Social Round 2 - High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus - Discovery Check - Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri agrees to the tour and keeps the curator occupied. Additionally, he will comment on the next piece of arcana.

Spoiler:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel ventures further into the senate, getting her bearings in the enormous building.

She pulls at her collar absently, wondering when Martella will make contact, and whether the fancy drinks being served at the gala pack any sort of punch. Her mouth turns down slightly as she looks around at the ostentatiously dressed nobles, trying to decide if any of them are worth approaching, or if they would write her off with a single look.

Her eyes fall on the not-yet-exalted Kalbio of Breezy Creek, standing awkwardly among all the finery, and she can't help letting out a snort of laughter. Snagging two glasses of wine off a nearby tray, she sidles up beside the boy, handing one to Kalbio.

"You look more out of place than I do, boy. Loosen up! You're the man o' the hour!" Hazel holds out her own glass, touching it to his in an informal toast, and then downs the entire thing.

"Yup," she says, grimacing. "That's weak. Bet they water it down. Don't worry, though; I'll get us a real drink," she grins, and winks at him, holding open one side of her velvet jacket to reveal the flask tucked in her belt.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hargus:
As you are talking with various other nobles in the gallary you notice Countess Pace not too far away. You overhear her talking with one of the other noblewoman on how expensive her jewelry was and that it was custom crafted by a renowned jeweler. You get the feeling that appraising her jewelry could get you somewhere. Of course there is also straight up diplomacy to ingratiate yourself knowing she is always on the look out for allies to elevate her position, or perhaps another approach would be to use intimidation to impress upon her your prowess.

Appraise, Diplomacy, or Intimidate can be used to influence Countess Pace. She requires 3 separate checks to completely influence her.

Sveng:
As you are working the crowd and listen into various conversations you pick up a few tidbits of Baron Okerra. It helps that Sydney approached him first and you overhear their brief conversation. See Sydney's spoiler

He seems to be concerned with local matters. Of course, like any other noble you get the feeling that finding ways to ingratiate yourself is always helpful. Also, you overhear a few other nobels in the room gossiping about the Baron and how, on repeated occasions he has fallen afoul of poor investments due to his gullible nature.

Bluff, Diplomacy, or Knowledge Local can be used to influence Baron Okerra. He requires 2 separate checks to completely influence him.

Sydney:
The Baron shrugs "It's a complicated matter, as I'm sure you know." Smiling he continues "I must say I appreciate your discussions on local politics. I feel that we should must always put local matters in high regard, while I know many others worry about our prior provinces, Taldor really should be our main concern."

In your brief conversation with the Baron you aren't able to glean any useful information.

Valeria:
As you hobnob with the various nobles, keeping an eye and ear out for anything useful regard the High Strategous you do pick up on a few things. First, he is almost always talking about the military might of Taldor and how exception Taldor's army is. You notice a few other nobles approach him and try to ingratiate themselves to him but none are having a lot of success even though he seems to at least be open to their attempts. Similarly after a few heated arguments where someone attempts to intimidate him into believing their stance the parties involved find little success. However, the Maxillar applauds their effort on attempting to sway him through such brute force of personality.

Diplomacy, Intimidate or Profession (soldier) can be used to influence the High Strategos, though it is much easier to influence him with Profession (soldier). He requires 3 separate checks to completely influence him.

Hazel:
Kalibo beams at the attention as you come over and offer him a drink. You noticed the young man was keeping pretty much to himself until you came over. Happily accepting the drink he shares with you, "Yeah, this is all a little much you know? I mean, I've been working for nobles for years but I've never been in the senate before and then with the whole Exaltation thing..." He trails off and takes a big gulp from his drink. When you complain about the watered down drinks he nods in agreement and is happy to partake from the flask if offered. "You know, maybe we can hang out for a bit, or even better, you seem to be a capable woman, maybe you could help make introductions for me?"

Waiting to move us forward on social rounds until Piri chimes in on whether he wants to make any adjustments. Feel free to RP with what you have found just no other checks yet


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

ok thanks - deleting my additional Spy roll then... THEN I'll delete THIS post! :D :P


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As Piri makes his way through the courtyard and toward the servant area and the kitchen he takes note of the rather large crowd gathered there getting ready for the Princess's speech.

Social Round 3

Anyone who heads to the courtyard this round, please give me a Perception check


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

If moving through the courtyard qualifies...

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 +1 more if it is for traps


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney sticks near the Baron, hoping for another chance.

If it leads them to the courtyard...
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sorry, to clarify, if anyone plans to be in the courtyard this round, so you get a good spot for the Princess's speech next round, then give me a perception check. If you plan to come as the speech is beginning in Round 4 or if you plan to skip the speech then no need for a perception.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Seeing an opportunity, Hargus moved towards Countess Pace's conversation, offering a short bow and saying, "Pardon the interruption, Countess, but I wanted to introduce myself. Hargus Kryn, son of Baron Velorus Kry, from out near the World's Edge Mountains. My father told me that, should I have to opportunity to attend the Gala, I should make sure to introduce myself to as many influential people as possible."

Diplomacy to Influence the Countess: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria moves to the Courtyard along a host of other nobles to secure a good spot for the Princess' speech. She pays attention to the Princess' reactions to various questions and comments.

Social Round 3 - Princess Eutropia - Discovery Check - Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Social Round 3 - Courtyard - Petception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Still need a few posts from people, will bot anyone that hasn't detailed their efforts by tomorrow morning. Piri/Sydney you gave me perceptions but didn't note what you were actually doing this round.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 3

"Baron Okerra! A pleasure to meet you, Sveng Catus." Sveng introduces himself to the baron before moving into local politics, placing an emphasis on Okerra's influence on them and matters that affect him, showing off his own knowledge and insights while giving Okerra room to expand on his thoughts.

Knowledge (local) to influence Baron Okerra: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Oh are you planning to listen to the princesses' speech? I'm happy to continue this conversation on the way if that is the case." Sveng offers.

Trying to see if he wants to also hear the speech so I can continue to influence him while getting to drop in on the speech.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri moves to the area involving the sabotage to study it for a little to notice all the details; comings and goings of whom; location of different materials, and perhaps any concealed exits or entrances.

Observation:
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22+1 for traps


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Moving us forward with some botting

Sydney/Sveng:

Know. Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Sveng introduces himself to the Baron and the two begin discussing local politics. Seizing the opportunity Sydney jumps into the conversation to add in some of his own experience in local political matters. As you move toward the courtyard, the Baron seems happy to have found two new political hopefuls that are so interested in local politics. Eventually the subject turns to the pressing matter of primogenture and the baron inquires as to both of your thoughts on the matter, specifically how you feel it will effect the local political climate one way or the other.

You have successfully influenced the Baron.

Hargus:
The countess grins at your implication of her being influential. She maintains a polite conversation inquiring about you and your heritage, trying to gauge what sort of political power you have or could potentially have in the future. In any case, she appears happy to continue conversing with you, especially as many of the other nobles begin to head toward the courtyard.

1/3 influence success

Valeria:
In the courtyard the crowd begins to swell as more and more people filter in for the impending speech. You keep a close eye on the Princess and do our best to listen in on any important conversations. As with almost any other noble, the act of ingratiating oneself seems to be an effect way to approach the Princess. You pick up on the fact that she seems to enjoy speaking with others who have a knack for words and using those words to enthrall others. Additionally, she seems particularly interested in fielding questions on local political matters, with many of them in regards to the effects of primogeniture and its potential end.

Diplomacy, Perform (oratory), or Knowledge (local) can be used to influence the Princess.

Piri:
Making your way into the servants area you quickly find the kitchen. Most of the workers are busy and don't pay much attention until they notice you looking around for something. As you notice a table with several various bottles of wine and other spirits, one of them stops you and asks if they can help you with something.

Hazal:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Agreeing to Kalibo's request to "hang out", you both make your way to the nearby courtyard, following the crowd. Seeing Valeria already doing her best to figure the best way to approach the Princess, you decide to do the same for Lady Morilla. However, with Kalibo constantly asking questions and wanting to talk it is difficult to maintain your focus on Lady Morilla and discover anything of note. However, you do notice one of the serving staff breaks off from the group and heads toward the apiary near the edge of the courtyard. The senate apiary consists of three wooden boxes, each housing a small beehive used to pollinate the garden’s various exotic plants and make exquisite honey used in the kitchens.

Social Round 4

Dozens of senators, well-wishers, and hangers-on have gathered around the newly arrived Princess Eutropia Stavian. By the time some of you arrive, Princess Eutropia has already attracted a large gaggle of several dozen nobles and you see Valeria and Hazel both near the front of the crowd. Lady Gloriana Morilla loudly clinks her glass and declares that Princess Eutropia would like to address the gathering. With the announcement, the crowd gives Eutropia some space, and Gloriana helps the princess climb onto the garden’s stone railing to be seen and heard above the throngs.

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

"My friends, colleagues, and assorted enemies, it is wonderful to see you all out in your finery beneath the beautiful stars tonight. With any luck, the weather will be the only thing that refuses to change this evening.

We have all gathered here tonight to honor Master Kalbio of Breezy Creek, a master artisan and true patriot, for his exquisite skill and service to our glorious empire. Master Kalbio demonstrates so eloquently that a heart may be noble regardless of the stature of one’s birth, and while it may be premature, I hope to be the first to congratulate you, sir, on the exaltation you will see tonight and welcome you into the ranks of Taldor’s long-lived aristocracy."

She nods to Kalibo who is standing next to Hazel and the crowd gives a brief applause, as Kalibo blushes. Once the crowd has settled the Princess continues.

"But we gather here to discuss matters of state, as well. And just as the exaltation reminds us that our glorious empire must always look out into the world to refresh the greatness of its leadership, we must all look out into the world around us and see how it has grown. The child-nations our empire birthed — Andoran, Cheliax, Lastwall — have grown strong by examining the great traditions they inherited from our motherland, and embracing those relevant to this new world and discarding those that held them back. So too will we, this very night, examine one of Taldor’s oldest traditions — primogeniture — with eyes wide open, to determine whether it has held us back from the glory and stability our wayward states have found.

Our obligation tonight is not about one person or one vote in the senate. It is about the nation we love and about ensuring that nation does not fall behind the times. We are the inheritors of mighty Azlant, and I say that we must work together to avoid sharing that old empire’s fate. Taldor endures!"

An uproar of applause meets the conclusion of the Princess's speech. She hops down from the railing and is suddenly inundated with supporters and critics alike.

Added a picture of the princess in the Pics file above. Also, updated the Loot & Notes to strike out Baron Okerra as influenced. The Princess can now be approached. Please let me know if you were not at the speech.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus continues his discussion with Countess Pace, implying that he was in Oppara because he sought a way to return Taldor to its former glories.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15

I am using the +2 from my research check for Countess Pace. Also, I was not at the speech.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri answers the inquiring kitchen helper with "I am an expert on fine things and I would like to look at those items we are serving this evening."

If I can appraise the wines and then spout about how fine some of the other wines are

Appraise:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

If appraise doesn't get me to the wines then I can use Diplomacy to persuade +4 for using Int

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 = 18


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria sees that the Princess appears to be a bit overwhelmed by the crowd pressing upon her on all sides, and decides to relieve some of that pressure. She begins a classical operatic performance

"Your Highness, Lords and Ladies, Senators, and all other esteemed guest, it would be my utmost pleasure to offer you my humble rendition of The Winter of White Roses."

Social Round 4 - AREA 2 - Influence Check - Perform (Sing) + Masterwork Acoustics from Couryard? :P : 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13

Valeria begins humbly, careful not to completely drown out all conversations in the Courtyard. However, this toned down rendition prevents her from hitting the high notes with enough power to impress...


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)
GM Dak wrote:
Eventually the subject turns to the pressing matter of primogenture and the baron inquires as to both of your thoughts on the matter, specifically how you feel it will effect the local political climate one way or the other.

Social Round 4

"Ah, a very relevant topic of the day. Well it's important to understand the context and the surrounding implications of the effects of primogenture..." Sveng goes into a detailed discussion of the matter, talking about the problem and the issues surrounding it so show that he has a carefully nuanced view of it, but doesn't tip his hand to show his opinion yet. Instead he leads the Baron to offer his own insights on the matter in an attempt to get him to reveal his own opinion.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Darn, hopefully Sydney can roll better.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel's squints suspiciously at the servant breaking away from the crowd.

"Hey, Kal, hold this for a minute," she says, handing him the flask they've been sharing. "I'll be right back."

She slips away from the crowd and approaches the senate apiary, where she places herself between the servant and the beehives. "I might not be a regular at these things," she begins, and crosses her arms. "But I figure there's prob'ly better times to disturb a swarm of bees than when the place is up to it's a$* with nobles."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney is happy to see the Baron coming around, and even happier to have an ally in the conversation.

"Change can be scary, for many to be sure. I do think we need to consider the times, though, and it may be time for a change. Come, let's see what the Princess has to say."

We already influenced the Baron - is there more to do here? If not, Sydney will move in to hear the speech, but his perception check was pitiful.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

We need to discover what his intents are about voting on primogenture for the "Discovery" mission with either a perception or sense motive check.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hargus:
As you continue your coversation with the Countess and mention bringing Taldor to it's former glory and you explain various aspects of your thoughts she quirks a brow "A traditionalist then?" she remarks, "So what do you think about this whole primogeniture matter then I wonder?"

2/3 successful influence. You also find it interesting that when most other nobles are making their way to the Princess's speech the Countess hasn't shown any interest in attending.

Piri:
As you lay out your explanation to the servant she appears to take you at your word and leaves you to your task. Quickly looking through the various bottles you easily spot the one you were tasked to find. With your sharp eye for appraisal and the general quality of the bottle, it was easy enough to find, and now that you have pointing it out or locating it again will be a simple matter.

Bottle located, needs a disable device to taint the bottle without leaving a trace.

Valeria:
After gathering the attention of some of the guests you break into your ballad. While it wasn't the best performance you've given it was still decent. Though after such a rousing speech it was just difficult to compete for people's attention. Even so you get a few people who applaud, but you don't feel very confident you made any sort of lasting impression.

Sydney/Sveng:
As Sveng dances around a direct answer to the Baron's inquiry, Sydney clearly interjects that it may be time for change. After the rousing speech by the Princess the Baron graps Sydney on the shoulder and smiles "After hearing what the Princess had to say, I think you have the right of it. Perhaps it is time we look toward the future and move away from outdated policies."

Sveng as far as you can tell it seems like the Baron had been unconvinced one way or the other, but after Sydney's opinion on the matter and the speech by the Princess it seems he has decided to vote in favor of ending primogeniture. Sydney you do notice, when scanning the crowd during the speech, that the High Strategos seems particularly unimpressed by the Princess's speech.

Hazal:
As you leave in the midst of the speech, catching the odd servant heading toward the apiary you take note at some of the sour looks you receive from various attendees who take note of your abrupt departure from the speech. However, you reach the servant and upon closer inspection see the man is carrying some sort of alchemical bar. When you stop him and quickly point out that there are better times to mess with the bees the servant promptly acquiesces "My apologies, I'm sure you are right." He then starts to head back into another part of the senate building unless detained further.

-2 to influence checks for the next 2 social rounds, but you have a feeling you pre-emptivly stopped a minor catastrophe. Whether you detail the servant or not, you can relate details of the alchemical bar to others for appropriate knowledge checks if you don't have the skills

Social Round 5

The spoiler/check directly below is currently only for Hazal or anyone she notifies.

Craft (Alchemy)/ Know. Nature DC 15:
The alchemical item that the servant was holding emits a scent that agitates bees.

As you mingle in your respective actions you all suddenly hear Martella's voice in your head. "Excuse the interruption my friends, I should like to have a brief meeting with everyone in the gallery if you can all make your way here promptly."

As you first arrive, she is grinning and clapping gently as she watches one of the jugglers, but she hurriedly composes herself and dons her air of mystery once she realizes anyone is watching. She has sectioned off a small meeting point on the upper walkways with chairs and a pot of fresh coffee.

Perception 15:
You notice the same brass cricket that Martella set up at the cafe from yesterday adorning the nearby railing.

Once everyone arrives she smiles and looks to each of you in turn "I hope you are enjoying yourselves so far this evening. I see you are all here and none of you have been thrown out so far," she giggles "so I suppose that is at least a good sign."

She pours herself a cup of coffee and motions for you to help yourselves before continuing "So, anything of note, or any issues or questions so far?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

@Sveng it is actually Duke Centimus and Countess Pace for the Discovery mission.

51 to 100 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.