GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 2: Scion

Pics / Combat Maps / Loot & Notes

Meratt

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


2,201 to 2,216 of 2,216 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)5 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP43 Init+3|Perc+12|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Let's make sure someone is recording loot. We should start a spreadsheet with this.


Male Human Cleric 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +13
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng isn't interested in any of that. Although the shield isn't bad (despite the fact he isn't proficient with it) I think Valeria will get more use out of it. And he can't use the protection wand for alignment reasons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Alias: "Sir Kalegos Seldry" | Human Vigilante (avenger) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 20 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +9; low-light vision

I would like the buckler as well, since my character is built around the falcata-buckler combo. I can give Valeria my current +1 buckler, if she so desires.

Eregos keeps watch on the marshy lands surrounding the pump house as the others eye the hoard. He says, "What I want to know is who or what put all that there, and if they're still here."


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Once the group gets the loot Piri founds sorted they continue on into the pump house proper. Heading up the stairs leads to a small hall heading to the east. The hall then opens to a larger hall heading north. There is a doorway set in the west wall of the northern hall, at it looks like there are stairs leading down to the east at the northern end of the same hall.

To the west is a large room that looks like it once contained supplies and machinery for repairing the pump and cleaning the well, but these
seem to have long since rotted into mulch.

Grand Lodge

attacks:
Cav Charge w/ PA [dice=cavalier's charge power attack]d20+12; 3d8+27[/dice] [dice=longsword w PA]d20+9; d8+10[/dice]
"Sir William Osbourne", Human Cavalier 49/49 HP; 2/2 Challenges; Init +0; Perception +9; [24 AC][10 Touch][24 FF]; [Fort 6][Reflex 1][Will 1],[CMD:19, vs. bullrush/reposition 21] [buffs:
Hayseed:
35/35 HP; Perception +5; [22 AC][11 Touch][21 FF]; [Fort 7][Reflex 8][Will 2],[CMD:21, vs. trip 25]

"This place hasn't seen a person in years," says Toby, shaking his head at the mess. "We should hire a caretaker."

Toby looks through the storeroom a bit aghast. He sifts through the junk.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Toby enters the large room and sees a well in the northeast corner of the room goes down 60 feet into the local water table, but the water within is stagnant and fetid. The pump mechanism has clearly been modified to accommodate a rope that once passed through a small slot carved into the wall. It looks like there are more rooms to the north.

Know. Enginer or Prof. Driver DC15:
You recognize that the pump was modified to accommodate an animal-drawn power source at some point in the past.

In the room itself there is nothing of any real interest or value.


Male Alias: "Sir Kalegos Seldry" | Human Vigilante (avenger) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 20 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +9; low-light vision

Eregos goes into the room with Toby. Looking at the pump mechanism, he asks, "Does anyone know what we need to do to get this working again?"


Male Human Cleric 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +13
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

I believe Piri is our engineering expert. If needed Sveng will give him a reroll on his knowledge check with a +6 bonus.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)5 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP43 Init+3|Perc+12|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri examines the situation. Take 10 on Kn. Eng for 19? If not allowed or if there is a reason to get as high a number as possible then roll for me.

"It appears that at some point in time, this pump was modified to accommodate an animal-drawn power source. It seems logical that without animals the pump will not operate that way that it is."

Can I tell if the modifications can be changed so that the pump can be operated from a different source of power?


CotCT | HR | MM | RoA | RotRL1 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

You would have to follow the machinery to the north where it looks like it continues into another room. What you can see as of now, looks like it was definitely modified after the fact to make the pump work and could probably be used again, but it is apparent this was not the original method by which the pump functioned.

Grand Lodge

attacks:
Cav Charge w/ PA [dice=cavalier's charge power attack]d20+12; 3d8+27[/dice] [dice=longsword w PA]d20+9; d8+10[/dice]
"Sir William Osbourne", Human Cavalier 49/49 HP; 2/2 Challenges; Init +0; Perception +9; [24 AC][10 Touch][24 FF]; [Fort 6][Reflex 1][Will 1],[CMD:19, vs. bullrush/reposition 21] [buffs:
Hayseed:
35/35 HP; Perception +5; [22 AC][11 Touch][21 FF]; [Fort 7][Reflex 8][Will 2],[CMD:21, vs. trip 25]

"We aren't going to get an ox out here until the water is drained a bit. I wonder if we can't get it going a different way first; lower the water enough to get some cattle out here."


Male Alias: "Sir Kalegos Seldry" | Human Vigilante (avenger) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 20 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +9; low-light vision

"I concur. The swamp is far too shallow to allow a boat capable of handling oxen to travel, and we've seen that livestock cannot survive here."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)5 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP43 Init+3|Perc+12|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"We need to investigate further...If we follow this machinery farther north, we may discover the original method of powering the pump. If we can fix that, I think that would be more efficient. I am a little wary though, as there is a reason they did the conversion to animal power. It might be something in the next room that broke it originally and is denying access to have it fixed. I think we should approach it as if there is something or someone in the next room that wants to keep things status quo."


CG Female Human Bard 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | hp 33/33 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +13* | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3 Bardic Performance 17/17 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions*: Heightened Awareness, Heroism Wand CLW x88

Valeria casts detect magic and scans all 4 quadrants for magic, asking her allies to step out of her detection field each time she reorients it.

If auras present: Knowledge Arcana, HR, HA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 32; If nothing found:

Once that's done, she conjures up dancing lights to brighten up the place and sends them out at in the rooms surrounding her. Like she did with detect magic, but now with lights to make sure the adjoining rooms are secure; PS: AC updated by 1 due to buckler +1 from Eregos.

Perception, HR, HA, if needed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Human Cleric 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +13
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Bumping to keep active.


CG Female Human Bard 5 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | hp 33/33 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +13* | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3 Bardic Performance 17/17 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions*: Heightened Awareness, Heroism Wand CLW x88

Bumping to prevent the game from becoming inactive

2,201 to 2,216 of 2,216 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.