GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


101 to 150 of 1,604 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Ah right, my apologies.

Social Round 6

Sveng nods to Sydney, acknowledging the man's results from a more direct approach. Hearing the telepathy, Sveng goes through the formalities to excuse himself and heads towards where Lady Lotheed directs him. Magical after all it seems.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Everything seems to be going well on our end. Baron Okerra will likely be voting to end primogeniture, the speech had an effect on him." Sveng takes a cup of coffee for himself, sipping it. "I would mark that objective completed." He offers.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Nothing out of the ordinary so far, Lady Lotheed. I'm still feeling the room to be honest, and hadn't made it past the Courtyard. I believe I still have things to uncover there..."

Valeria thanks Martella for the coffee and returns to the Courtyard. Arriving there, she stubbornly addresses the crowd again.

"Your Highness, Lords and Ladies, Senators, and all other esteemed guest, it would be my utmost pleasure to now offer you an excerpt from the seventh act of The Six Trials of Larazod. While the performance is banned by the powers that be in Cheliax, Taldor is a country that values artistic expression. Enjoy!"

Social Round 5 - AREA 2 - Influence Check - Perform (Sing) + Acoustics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

Valeria begins humbly, careful not to completely drown out all conversations in the Courtyard. This time, however, she builds the operatic performance to an impressive crescendo, her voice reverberating through the Courtyard and beyond!


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Social Round 5

Hargus replies to Countess Pace's question, "I am unsure on the matter, though I am near an answer and would request a moment to think it over, my Lady. Would you mind if I left you a moment and thought about it?"

Working to politely excuse himself from Countess Pace, he moves over to where Lady Lotheed is waiting.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Answering Lady Lotheed, he says, "Nothing much - Countess Pace did not move to hear Princess Eutropia's speech, so I suspect that she may be opposed to ending primogeniture, though I have not found out for certain yet. I'd like to return to her quickly - I believe I can learn her position."

His update given, Hargus returns to the Countess. "Lady Pace? I have given my final thoughts on the issue, and I believe it comes down to the answer to this question: Do we wish to continue having the lineage of Grand Prince Stavian ruling Taldor? If so, then primogeniture must be overturned to ensure the proper succession of the bloodline. It is not the Grand Prince's fault he does not have a male heir, after all. Where do you stand on the matter, my Lady?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, looks around to make sure there is no direct observation of what he is doing, and using the beginning of the speech as a background distraction. He then begins the process of tainting the wine without a trace.

Disable Device:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 there is another +1 for my ability to be 1/2 my rank as in the rogue ability, but the wording is unclear if it only relates to disabling traps.

Assuming success

Piri makes his way out of the galley area and slowly back to the speech, communicating with Lotheed that the deed is done and the others if he can lend any assistance with his knowledge or agility.

Perception to notice the cricket and maybe discover it's purpose:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"I saw something weird," Hazel says, and pours herself a cup of coffee, drinking it quickly as she continues to speak. She describes the interaction with the servant and the alchemical bar he was carrying, though she admits she does not have the skill to identify it.

"That aside, I've been hangin' around with tonight's guest of honor, Mister-Kalbio-of-Breezy-Creek. Nice kid. Kinda nervous around all these nobles — not that I blame him," she chuckles, and then looks around at her companions. "Uh, no offense."


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception, Thrush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney makes his apologies, and finds his way to the secret rendezvous. Hearing Hazel's comments, he murmurs "Of course, others here will be playing a politics and sabotage as well. Keep your eyes and ears open."

Then he motions to Hargus. "Shall I join you in trying to discover Lady Pace's motives? It sounds like you have been working to make her comfortable to be open to discussion."

For next social round, Sydney plans to join Hargus and try to influence Pace with Diplomacy.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As you provide a report to Lady Lotheed she nods taking in the information. "Well it sounds like you are all off to a great start. I shall remain here in the gallery for a bit if you should have a need of me. Otherwise, continue the good work. One thing though before you depart. I didn’t ask you here just to look over your shoulders. I received word that there’s a young woman here: Malphene Trant, the daughter of Senator Trant. She’s a belligerent, narcissistic ass, and a bully as well. If she’s here, it’s likely to intimidate one of the more junior senators into backing her father. If one or more of you could keep an eye on her and ... quietly intercede should she try, I would be quite grateful."

She pulls out a letter and waves it in the air "Oh my, I almost forgot. Which of you will be helping to run letters for me tonight? I have your first one here."

Anyone with Know. Nature/Craft(Alchemy) can make a check on the bar Hazel described. Spoiler above with the relevant DC. Unless anyone has anything else to add or questions for Lady Lotheed, I will move us onto the next social round. Looks like only Sveng and Hazel will need to give me their planned actions for the next round. Running letters is the Aide mission.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Once she explains the rest of her reason for bringing them there, he nods. Good. This was valuable time spent, I'm glad this wasn't just watching over us. Sveng takes a moment to look at the alchemical item.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"It emits a scent that agitates bees. That seems...concerning, based on the bee exhibit present."

"Malphene Trant...." Sveng muses.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 If I can use knowledge (local) instead, the check is 5 higher

"I will keep a tab on her." He says to everybody present.

Would it take time and/or a check to locate Malphene Trant? If it takes time than Sveng will spend it to locate her.

Perception (if needed): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Discretely, Valeria casts message on Sveng, then Sveng hears a whisper in his ear, "This is Valeria. In the next ten minutes, should you spot Lady Trant, give me a whisper..."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Locating someone is essentially a free action in a Round. Trant is located in the Arcade.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng drops by Valeria quietly for a moment, stopping to straighten a cuff. "Lady Trant is in the arcade." His cuff adequate, he nods and moves to talk to Duke Centimus.

"Ah Duke Centimus, I was wondering if I could have a sliver of your time..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Do we know what skills are best for influencing Duke Centimus yet? Or do we still have to discover those?


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria is in the Courtyard, which separates the Arcade from the rest of the Senate; therefore Valeria will keep an eye on Malphene Trant whenever she makes her way out of the Arcade; @GM: can we 'ready' an action to deal with Malphene or can this be done as part of our regular social round? if possible to do both, is it still possible to interact with Area A2 or did I 'conquer' the area last round? thanks!


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"I'll run your letters, Lady," Hazel says. She finishes her coffee and extends her hand across the table. "Jus' tell me where to go."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Social Round 6

After deaprting from your meeting with Martella, you each head on your way to continue your work for the evening. A great deal of the crowd has dispersed from the courtyard, but there are still several minor nobles and senators talking with Lady Morilla and the Princess. The remaining guests returned to their previous haunts to continue hobnobbing.

Valeria:
Making your way back to the courtyard, you notice the crowd has thinned a bit and you decide to attempt another performance. This time you do an excellent job and receive a hardy round of applause. A number of those who found your performance entertaining introduce themselves and chat with you for a bit complementing you and talking about various people of import you should meet.

+9 Threshold. Choose one NPC to discover their influence skills from speaking with the crowd.

Hargus/Sydney:
Returning to Countess Pace you talk with her on primogeniture, finally asking her opinion, while Sydney assists. She sighs and replies "Well, of course voting to remove primogeniture would benefit me. However, I truly don't believe the Princess has the votes in the senate. As such, I'm certain I would much rather vote with the winning side to maintain some political currency rather than loose it all to a lost cause."

Successfully influenced the Countess and completed half of the Discovery mission.

Piri:
After reporting in with Martella you make your way back to the kitchen to finish up your work. Having already located the bottle you quickly move to inject the putrefying agent into it, careful to not leave a trace. Having completed your task you place the bottle back and promptly leave before being spotted.

Sabotage mission completed

Sveng:
You head off looking for Malphene and eventually find her in the Arcade speaking with the High Strategos. You know that Dame Malphene Trant is a towering,
broad-shouldered, athletic young woman, and despite her recent coming out as a refined young lady among Opparan society, she remains happy to leverage her size and strength to intimidate her father’s political rivals.

Deciding to leave Dame Trant for the time being you head off to find Duke Centimus who has returned to the Archives. You make some small talk with him as you introduce yourself and try to ingratiate yourself with the man. He appears to be open to talking with you and notes "Of course my good fellow. Come to talk Taldan history, or did you have something else on your mind?"

1/3 successful influence.

Hazel:
Martella hands you the sealed letter and notes "Please deliver this to Count Orlundo Zespire. I believe I heard he was last in the archives."

You will need an Escape Artist or CMB check to hastily make your way to the Count. Go ahead and give me that for Round 6 and I'll add another spoiler so you know the results before you make your Round 7 action.

Marked out Countess Pace as influenced. Marked out Sabotage mission as completed.

Social Round 7

The evening continues to progress rather well. You've been so busy your amazed when you realize you've already been at it for over an hour and a half. You're happy to hear that a light supper and wine is to be served in less than an hour. The vote in the senate looms ever closer.

Just as a little OOC nudge, we will be about half way through the Gala at the end of social round 7.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Lady Gloriana Morilla influence skills please for Social Round 5's results. Thanks.

@GM: I think we skipped Valeria's Social Round 6. Can you please roll Valeria's Round 6 and Round 7 to influence AREA A2, using the same +9 bonus as Social Round 5? I'm having technical issues (away from home on a mobile device and writing or copy/pasting dice expressions is a major pain...)


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

What you posted for Round 5 was for Round 6, since Round 5 was eaten up in talking with Martella. However, yes I will bot you to do the same action in Round 7 if you like.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

History. "As a matter of fact, I did have a question for you. There seems to be some contention around the facts of this bit of history..." Sveng continues into some less-than-settled historical debates, trying to put the Duke at ease.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89
GM Dak wrote:
What you posted for Round 5 was for Round 6, since Round 5 was eaten up in talking with Martella. However, yes I will bot you to do the same action in Round 7 if you like.

Understood. I thought Martella was just a quick debrief that didn't take up all of Round 5. My bad. Yes: please bot me for Round 7. Thanks!


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

GM, is the Policking mission completed? Sveng and Syndey have successfully influenced him, which is why I'm asking.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 Athletic Champion trait gives +2 to move through crowds.

Hazel accepts the letter and heads for the archives to look for the Count. Unfortunately, the enormous building and bustling crowds get her rather turned around.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Having completed his task, Piri puts some distance between himself and the wine. He heads back to the gallery where he has the most knowledge. Looking for any signs that any of his partners might need some assistance.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

No need for botting - back in front of a proper computer! :)

Valeria continues her performance in the Courtyard:

Social Round 7 - AREA 2 - Influence Check - Perform (Sing) + Acoustics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

@Hargus Yes, my bad forgot to mark that one out.


Male Alias: "Sir Kalegos Seldry" | Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Round 7

With Countess Pace's decision to vote against primogeniture in order to stay with the majority, Hargus wanted nothing better than to attempt to Spy on Pythareus. However, he wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to keep himself from attacking the man, so he decided to stay away and instead move into the Senate Floor, looking for those who opposed the Princess's stance so they could incriminate them.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Attempting to work on the fraud mission.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel tries again to locate the Count in the crowded senate, and passes Martella’s letter on to him.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng:
Speaking with the Duke about various topics in Taldan history the man seems to be really involved in the conversation. He is surprised at your historical knowledge and eventually the topic turns toward the issue of the night and primogeniture. The Duke inquires "So what are your thoughts on the impending vote? I suppose this will be a vote to go down in history, one way or the other and we will all be judged on what is decided this evening."

2/3 successful influence.

Hazel:
Making your way through the crowds to actually find the count proves more difficult than you had imagined. You spend a good amount of time looking through the archive to find the Count but you aren't seeming to have any luck.

I will apply your second CMB to next round.

Valeria:
Heading back to the courtyard you put on another peformance and draw an even bigger crowd than before due to your previously well received performance.

Total of +15 to Threshold. From Round 6 Morilla's influence skills are Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, or Knowledge (nobility).

Hargus:
You spend some time looking for other people to incriminate but don't have any luck. However, you realize that already know Countess Pace planes to vote in opposition tonight, she seems to be as good a target as any.

Piri:
You head up to the gallery to decide what to do next. After standing around for a time, undecided Martella finds you and asks "Everything alright?"

Sydney:
Feel free to give me a retroactive action for Round 7 when you give me your Round 8 action. Want to keep things moving forward.

Social Round 8

As the evening marches on you would have expected things to start to wane, but quite the opposite is taking place as the gala only gets more boisterous. It seems that people, no matter their voting intentions, are getting more excited about the vote.

Hazel:
You finally manage to found the Count and deliver the message. He pops the seal and reads it over then looks to you "Please, give me a moment so that I can give you a letter to deliver on Lady Lotheeds behalf. What I've just received requires an immediate response."

He waits a moment in hopes that you will agree to wait.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 8

Sveng continues his dialogue with the Duke as they get into primogeniture. "Honestly, I am more curious than anything else. For most of political history the option for women in power had not been on the table. Imagine how our past would have been influenced, and imagine how our future may be!" Sveng says, trying to be just vague enough so that he can be interpreted as seeing this as either an exciting opportunity for change or a destabilizing force.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"Yes, I was just heading to the Archives to analyze the language in some of the old documents so that I might influence the people there and if the Count is still there it may open up an opportunity to influence him"

Piri makes his way to the Archives and examines some of the documents available. Finding one that is relevant to the inheritance of ruling families, he examines the language and reports audibly "There certainly could be a translation problem from the original language here that might lead someone to believe that the heir to the throne was a male. I believe the original language probably referred to 'man' as a male rather than the intended meaning of 'human' or 'mankind'. Everything back then was always masculine tense, having unintended consequences."

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus wasn't familiar with making up rumors about someone, but he had forged documents before. Heading up to the gallery, he approaches Lady Lotheed and asks, "Pardon, but do you have any ink and parchment? I need to write a letter that might be embarrassing to someone."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Of course," Hazel says in reply to the Count. Her military background is evident in her posture as she stands with her hands clasped behind her back, waiting for him to pen his response. Once he finishes, she makes her way back to Lady Lotheed.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Bloody Hell! at +15 Threshold and still nothin'? O_O That Courtyard was the wrong place to pitch a tent and dig my heels in!! lol! :P

Valeria continues her performance in the Courtyard, blending other songs into the original operatic performance to make it contemporary!

Social Round 8 - AREA 2 - Influence Check - Perform (Sing) + Acoustics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney is feeling pretty good about himself, but none of the remaining missions are really in his wheelhouse. He decides to general try to influence the room in an attempt to help the others succeed.

Round 7
Sydney finishes his talk with Pace and heads to the Imperial Archives, looking over documents and commenting out loud regarding the more interesting ones.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Round 8
Seeing Sveng working on the Duke, Sydney approaches casually and attempts to aid his colleague.
Knowledge, history (untrained - max 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng/Sydney:
Continuing your discussion with the Duke he smiles to your non-committal response, when Sydney joins in on the conversation the Duke nods to both men "Good points. Well, personally I believe that any person is capable of rule, regardless of the condition of his or her body." He pats on his wheelchair arm "My condition hasn't stopped me, so I don't see why being female, whether viewed as a positive or negative, should stop someone else."

Duke successfully influenced and along with the other's work the Discovery mission is complete.

Piri/Sydney:
Examining the documents and then talking over the finer points garners you both quite a bit of attention. As you are bringing up your various points, a guide leads a group of nobles over to an old blueprint of the senate building. You overhear the guide explain that the current structure was built atop the ruins of several older senate constructions. To keep the attention of the crowd while competing with you, the guide goes on to describe how some levels of the old senate involved the intentional interment of workers — a grim reward from the nobles of the time.

Sydney's details on the various arcana catches the attention of librarian Pabrus Telecoum, who offers him a dog-eared and crumbling journal donated to the library but considered un-salvageable. The text itself is a somewhat compelling tale of a young wizard’s growth to womanhood and inheriting her family business in Cassomir 250 years ago. Though large portions are missing or damaged by water, tucked into the back of the book is a scroll containing six different spells.

Archives have been successfully influenced.

Hargus:
Lady Lotheed smiles when you approach and nods to your request "While I don't have any on me, I will send for some for you." She gets the attention of a servant who comes over and listens to Martella. The servant rushes off to come back quickly with the items you requested.

Not sure what the diplomacy was for? In any case, feel free to let me know your Round 8 action when you post your Round 9 action. Just moving us forward since everyone has posted.

Hazel:
You wait around a bit and finally the Count returns and hands you a sealed letter. "Please find Senator Duo and deliver this to him. I believe I last saw him in the gallery."

Getting a hang of this delivery routine you make your way up into the gallery with little issue and find Senator Duo to deliver the message. He reads the letter and requests you wait to deliver a message back to Lady Lotheed. Assuming you wait again. The Duke nods in thanks and steps into a small office to prepare his letter.

Valeria:

Giving yet another performance, your new contemporary leaning doesn't seem to garner as much interest as the classics from before. Even so you find a solid round of applause at the end. While you chat with some of your new fans after the performance, you note that Dame Trant, who Sveng had pointed out to you earlier, appears to be on the move and heading toward the stairs for the gallery.

Total of +19 to Threshold. To note, you did meet the first Threshold, that is how you got the free discovery info on Lady Morilla.

Marked the Discovery mission as complete, the archives as completely influenced, and Duke Centimus as influenced.

Social Round 9

Once again you hear Lady Lotheed's voice in your head. "I've spotted that bullheaded Trant up in the gallery. I saw Hazel was just with Senator Duo and it looks like Trant is headed that way. If you intend to intercede, now may be the time."

Trant passes by Hazel and storms into the Seantor's office, followed by two rather muscular men, not even giving Hazel a second thought. They close the door behind themselves, after they are all inside.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Hey! Hazel exclaims, and scowls at Malphene and her cronies as they brush past. Seeing them disappear into Senator Dou's office, she stomps after them without a second thought and tries the door.

If it's unlocked

She steps inside and takes a quick look around, assessing the situation.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 If needed


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Oh! I'm on my way Lady Lotheed!

Valeria bows and thank everyone who applauded, excusing herself politely. She heads for the gallery, following from a safe distance and taking in the sights.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 9

Understood. Valeria and I will intercept. With the proper courtesies of departure Sveng makes his way to meet with Trant.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Picking up that Hargus wants to create a fraudulent document, Piri will spend the next round helping Hagus with the Language, regarding the time period and context.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

The Diplomacy check was in case Lady Lotheed would scold me for not bringing my own, so I could avoid that.

Social Round 8

Paper and pen in hand, Hargus carefully sits, focuses, then forges a letter to Countess Pace, implying that a vote against Princess Eutropia could result in great financial and social benefit to her and her family. He left the note unsigned, but made the writer appear to have a military background - perhaps enough to hint at a connection to Pythareus.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Social Round 9

Piri, I'd choose a different action for Round 9. The forgery was my round 8 action.

Already in the gallery, his forgery complete, Hargus moved in the direction Senator Duo's office and Trant, following Hazel into the room.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Do I have time for Lady Morilla weakness check before heading up with the others to follow Lady Trant?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

If you want to be there to do anything I would say no, if you just want to be there at some point then you can do your check first. Think of dealing with Trant as a 'bonus' mission, as such dealing with it would take up the rounds action.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel peeks her head in the door to see Dame Trant haranguing Senator Dou. You hear her say in slightly slurred speech "You best consider your options. You know I'm not above giving a good beating should you decide to go against my father's wishes!", then she proceeds to shove the man against a nearby wall. All the while her two sycophants laugh and cheer her on.

Anyone promptly making their way to the gallery see Hazel standing at the door and can faintly overhear the ruckus inside.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng frowns at the sudden use of violence and intimidation by Dame Trant. Mhmm. I don't think diplomatic tactics are the easiest route here. I must be careful though, if I try to match her and fail... He sets his jaw. I must simply not fail than.

Sveng approaches Dame Trant, taking in a sharp breath and raising his voice to project over the room. "Mrs. Trant. I realize that we will soon be voting to change the nature of women in politics, but I still think it's rather unladylike to be threatening the good Senator. Especially in the Senate building itself. Perhaps it may be wiser for you to leave Senator Dou alone and take your drinking elsewhere." He says in a resolute voice, locking eyes with her.

Going to intimidate her in an attempt to get her to back down. Since a failed intimidate check will likely have bad repercussions (and since I don't have it trained yet), I'm going to use my inspired ability to increase my chances of a success.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria arrives behind Hazel and says, "Let me see... perhaps we can resolve this without violence?"

Valeria steps inside the room and says, "Now now, Lady Trant. I am sure you would not want to sully your father's name with such... lowborn tactics. I have heard that you have much to offer to the glorious nation of Taldor. Let us not diminish your obvious future potential by doing something that will have you cast out unnecessarily by your father. Unlike me, you have no reason to bring out your father's ire at this time. We do not choose our parents, alas, and while mine had no love or pride in his daughter, I believe that you do not suffer from such a disadvantage. Let us not... change this. Yes?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Seeing Sveng and Valeria beat him to the room, Hargus decides his presence isn't needed, and instead thinks this might be a good time to keep an eye on Pythareus. He was sure he could keep himself from trying to kill the man.

GM, can I add my Seamless Guise bonus to my Disguse Check for approaching Pythareus, since it does involve attempting to appear to be in my Vigilante Identity, as Hargus Kryn?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With Pythareus, I could see how it applies, so yes, you can use it.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney thanks Pabrus Telecoum and graciously accepts the journal. "It has certainly seen better days, but a quick glimpse catches my interest. Maybe I will find something useful in there with enough time."

Somewhat oblivious to the shenanigans going on in the office, Syndey heads into the Servants Areas to get a quick break from it all. Perhaps a quiet area and a beverage...

While he is there, though, he can't help but watch the servants. Spies, of course, can be found at any level of society, and it might be worth noting who looks sharp among this crown, and maybe even cultivate a few helpers.

Influence with Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Disguise to approach Pythareus to begin the Spy mission: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (9) + 26 = 35


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Hey!" Hazel says, more forcefully this time, and barges into the senator's office just ahead of Sveng. She hustles across the room, putting her body between Senator Dou and Malphene. "Pick on someone your own size!"

She looks up... and up, and up at the woman, who ironically towers over Hazel's five-foot frame. "Didn't think I was g'na have to deal with drunk a%$+@$#s tonight, but I guess you aren't any different from the b@~*+es down in the Narrows, huh?"

She pushes up her sleeves and continues to scowl up at Malphene as Sveng starts to speak.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Aid Another—>Sveng


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

When Hazel busts into the room Trant looks at her for a moment then just waves her hand dismissively and notes "Be gone. No one called for the some tainted blood servant to interrupt us."

Then she notices Sveng and Valeria filter into the room. She smirks at Sveng and Hazel's attempt to intimidate her and looks to her sycophants "Aren't these commoners a hoot?" However, when Valeria brings up Trant's father and the potential of losing favor with him, it seems to strike a nerve. She glares at Valeria a moment then looks back at the senator and huffs "Whatever.... let's go boys." Then proceeds to stomp out of the room, knocking Hazel with her shoulder on the way out.

Senator Duo comes over as soon as Trant is gone and shakes each of your hands vigorously. "Please, I would ask that you stop by my office in the morning for a proper reward. In the meantime, I have something to attend to." He takes a note off the desk, seals it and hands it to Hazal. "If you would, can you please see this delivered to Lady Lotheed."

Sydney:
After heading to the servant's area you spend some time watching the staff as they hustle about. It is so chaotic though that you have a difficult time getting a good feel for anything.

Hargus:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Getting close to the High Strategos isn't difficult for you at all. No one appears to recognize you in the least. You listen in to the tail end of his conversation where he notes to another nobleman "I'm certain we will have the votes tonight." He grins "I've been assured that supporters are in the process of seeing to just that at this very moment."

1/3 success on the spy mission.

Piri:
You go to help Hargus, but by the time you arrive he has already finished up and is on his way out.

If you want give me a retroactive action for Round 9 when you post your round 10.

You have successfully put a stop to Dame Trant's attempt to influence the senator.

Social Round 10

Late in the evening, a silence falls over the gala, and the crowd parts as servants unroll a red carpet through the Arcade of Triumphs and the senate floor. It seems as though someone of import is scheduled to arrive soon and preparations are being made.

101 to 150 of 1,604 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.