GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


151 to 200 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel grits her teeth at Malphene's insults, barely restraining herself from starting a fight; she stares daggers at the woman as she leaves, and exhales sharply after the door swings shut.

Angrily muttering foul things to herself, she grabs the letter from the senator, bows slightly in acknowledgement, and leaves the room.

By the time she reaches Martella, she's slightly calmer, but still simmering. She hands over the letter and reports, with obvious annoyance, "That Trant b*+@$ tried to rough up Mister Dou, but we drove her off."

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng coolly watches Trant storm off. A woman of little consequence. He places her in a small corner in his mind, dismissing her as a thug. Senator Duo on the other hand... "That is very gracious of you senator, but please, enjoy the rest of today free from harassment." With a polite nod Sveng returns to his duties for Lady Lotheed.

We have somebody already handling the fraud mission, correct? I think we just need to do the spy and stealing missions than, both of which Sveng isn't great at.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

As I am untrained in sleight of hand and not good at anything other than what I have already contributed, I will head back to the gallery in hopes of being able to use my skills to provide a distraction for someone to attempt sleight of hand.

Piri moves through the crowd back to the gallery where he can speak on any artifact should it prove beneficial. During his trip he would notice other details about the building.

The entrance we came in cannot be the only entrance and exit. With the nature of what transpires in the building and the purpose of the building it seems there would be secret or not so secret passages/exits. Maybe I can locate one of those as I walk back toward the exit.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

To note, Hargus composed a letter for the Fraud mission, but didn't specify what he was doing with it.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria resumes her performance in the Courtyard. This time she sings a repertoire of war songs, some of them a bit bawdy. Why not? it's late in the evening and they've surely all had something to drink by now?

Social Round 10 - AREA 2 - Influence Check - Perform (Sing) + Acoustics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Oops. I went and started spying on General Pythareus. I think I left the letter with Martella, if someone wants to see about distributing it.

Social Round 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Does he think he has the votes, or is he just projecting false confidence?

Hargus listened to General Pythareus's conversation some more, checking if he was projecting a false sense of confidence about whether or not he had the votes, as well as if he was trying to hide messages in his speech to allies with instructions.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Just waiting on Sydney and Sveng for their Round 10 actions.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

I'm currently trying to get feedback from the other players in discussion. I want to start working on stealing the artifacts but I'm going to need multiple people to pull this off.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 10

With the violent crises averted, Sveng makes his way to the servant's quarters. He tries to find somebody of middling importance: not a new hire who has no idea what's going on, but also not an expert who's too busy or sharp for his purposes. Once he finds a suitable target he makes his way over, clearing his throat to gain their attention. "Well met. I had a...request. You see I'm fairly new to this whole scene and don't have the full understanding of who's who yet. I was wondering if you could help me with that. My friend heard a nasty rumor about her through the grapevine, and I've been trying to locate the source of it in order to put her mind at ease. Are there any nobles, or servants, who are notable gossips?" He inquires with a polite but pleading smile.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri will hurry over to Sveng's side and help Sveng persuade what he needs done.

To aide, diplomacy to persuade1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 = 20


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng/Piri:
Finding one of the servants taking a break from the hectic evening, Sveng and Piri slide up next to him and inquire about gossip. The servant looks a little hesitant at first but then shrugs "Well, Ol' Countess Pace is definitely one for the gossip I hear. All her hoity-toity fashion, and trying to stay ahead of everyone else. I s'pose she might be a good one to check. Also, Lady Morilla tends to like to gossip with the rest of them. Though, she travels so much that it seems like she enjoys it more to just hear what has been going on in her absence." Standing he picks up a nearby tray and nods to you both "Hope that helps, but I need ta get back to it I s'pose."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 10 (continued)

Sveng makes his way to Countess Pace, keeping quiet and out of her attention. When she's properly distracted he addresses a nearby servant, taking out the folded document. "I need you to return this to Countess Pace, and then make your way back to the kitchen quickly. They're becoming shorthanded." He says with authority, making it clear this isn't a request.

Want to get the servant to deliver it and then leave quickly, making Countess Pace go 'now where did this come from and why did the servant think it belonged to me?'


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri can expound about something while within earshot of the Countess to help Sveng distract her attention.

Openly discussing the current line of Nobility for different families,

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Hmm, I am sure I posted a round 10 action, but don;t see it here...

Sydney spends more time than is wise trying to win the hearts and minds of servants.

Trying to influence the servant's area
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel:
You return to Lady Lotheed and give her the letter. As she opens it to read over she smiles at your annoyance then notes "Well done! If you put her in her place, at least she shouldn't bother anyone else the rest of the evening."

Taking a couple letters from a pouch on the table she sorts through them, picking one out and handing it to you "We're nearly finished now. Please take this to Duke Centimus in the archives."

Forgot to include a progress tracker for you. 3/6 Aide mission success.

Valeria:
Performing the war songs seems to go over especially well. It appears you guess of more than a few drinks in the crowd was correct as you even get some singing along by members of the crowd. You receive a boisterous round of applause that even draws the attention of some of the other nearby areas to see what the ruckus is about. By now you’ve mingled with so many guests of the elite of Taldor.

Courtyard completely influenced. You and any ally you are with gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to influence NPC’s during the remainder of the Gala.

Hargus:
Over the course of the next several minutes spying on the High Strategos, two messengers come to find him. The first, coming from the direction of the gallery whispers something to the High Strategos, whose face sours at the news. You get the feeling whatever it was, the High Strategos was unhappy with the results. When the second messenger arrives and gives his hushed message the High Strategos smiles and gives a brief nod to the servant as he starts to head toward the Emperor’s Hall.
2/3 successes on the Spy mission. To note, this next round if you plan to follow, you will need another stealth check in addition to your perception or sense motive.

Sveng/Piri:
Working in tandem you convince the servant to deliver the message to Countess Pace. Watching as she opens it and reads over the letter, there is a brief moment of panic on her face and she rushes off toward the Arcade.

Fraud mission complete

Sydney:
Talking with the servants for a bit and gauging their reactions to various points you pick up on some useful, if not intentional information.

You gain some insight into the gossip. You learn the weakness of one NPC attending the gala. You can also relate to whomever is undertaking the Aide mission ways to use the servant passageways to move more efficiently around the building, gaining a +2 bonus on combat maneuver and Escape Artist checks to deliver messages. Let me know which NPC you would like to learn their weakness, if any.

Marked the Courtyard as completely influenced. Also marked the Fraud mission as complete.

Social Round 11

After awhile you hear the call of the imperial trumpets signifying the arrival of the Emperor himself. Grand Prince Stavian III and a host of his Ulfen Guard arrive, ascending the 100 steps to the building. Guests quickly flock to catch a glimpse of Taldor’s leader, who briskly moves toward the Emperor’s Hall, which is closed for the remainder of the night. The arrival of the Grand Prince causes some turmoil among the assembled guests. Maxillar Pythareus retreats to convene with the Grand Prince in the Emperor’s Hall, while Princess Eutropia recuses herself to partake in several private meetings before her father’s expected speech.

After this round both Pythareus and Eutropia will no longer be accessible.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri hurries off to the gallery with the hopes of using his Spellcraft to influence Wyssilka the Fantabulous. He locates the subject and observes every detail.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 11

Sveng gives the faintest ghost of a smile as Pace runs off. Well done. I must remember to tip that servant if I run into him again.

Let's see. Everything is either done or well under way except for the theft mission. Unfortunately I think it's unduly difficult to achieve with our skill set. The risk is simply not worth it. I hope Lady Lotheed understands.

With their main goals either accomplished, in the process by others, or abandoned, Sveng relaxes slightly and takes a brief break from the nobility, going to the Gallery to learn more about Wyssilka the Fantabulous. You never know what kind of secrets and influence entertainers could have.

Once he's there he tries to get her take on religion, seeing what beliefs she ascribes to and what gods she fears.

Knowledge (religion) to influence: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 reroll
Recall Knowledge (religion) to influence: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 = 28


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Social Round 11

Whatever Pythareus heard from the Gallery that disappointed him was good news, in Hargus's mind. Seeing him begin moving towards the Emperor's Hall at the second message, then hearing the fanfare of the arrival of the Grand Prince, Hargus puts two and two together and realizes he needs to learn what he can before Pythareus is inaccessible to him. He moves to follow, listening to the High Strategos's conversation as he does so.

Disguise, Seamless Guise: 1d20 + 6 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 20 = 42
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria approaches the Princess and curtsies, "Your Highness, I am Lady Valeria Tanessen of Kintargo, Cheliax. I have recently immigrated to your magnificent country and I wanted to wish you and your Senators the best of luck in the vote today. I believe it is the time for change in Taldor, and gods willing, let it be a beacon of change for the world."

Social Round 11 - Princess Eutropia - Influence Check - Diplomacy, Courtyard Mastery Bonus, Rising Star: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 23


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

GM:
I would like to know a weakness for Maxillar Pythareus.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sydney:
The High Strategos is a practical man. As a honed equestrian, he lowers his social guard for any talks that involve animal development or riding tricks. He also shares a similar love of the hiking, mountain climbing, the outdoors, and otherwise challenging the elements to maintain his physical fitness. Discussing any of these more mundane topics can soften up the otherwise gruff Maxillar Pythareus.

IE Handle Animal, Ride, or Swim


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Martella's praise gets Hazel to crack a smile. She takes the letter and heads off in search of Duke Centimus.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri/Sveng:
You both head up to the gallery and start up a conversation with Wyssilka. Piri complements her on some of the minor spells he noticed her using during her earlier performance, while Sveng speaks with her on religion. When she inquires to her own beliefs the halfling responds "Well there are oh so many wonderful Gods don't you think? Hard to pick just one. Think it is a bit safer to worship a few, you know just to hedge your bets on where you end up." she smiles and gives Sveng a wink.

2/2 successful influence checks. Had you not already done so, you would each get a free influence check on either Countess Pace, Duke Centimus, or Baron Okerra. However, they are all fully influenced at this point.

Hargus:
You follow along at Pythareus makes his way to the Empror's Hall. He has a servant in tow and just before he enters the room you over hear him say "Be sure to see Dame Trant home for the evening. I promised her father she would make it home safely. I will be disposed for the remained of the evening. Gods willing Taldor will persevere." Not too long after Pythareus goes in the room, you hear the fanfare of the emperor's arrival. Watching you see his guard make way for him to enter the same room Pythareus was in.

Spy mission complete once you report back to Martella.

Valeria:
You catch the Princess just as she is on her way to the Emperor's Hall. As you wish her luck she smiles "I appreciate your well wishes, they may be needed. I apologize though, I have some important meetings I must attend to. If you'll please excuse me."

1/2 successful influences.

Hazel:
You promptly make your way back to Martella and pass along the note. She opens it and reads it, with a bit of a sigh she shuffles through her bag and pulls out a stuffed file of papers. She proceeds to pull out another letter and hands both to Hazel. "Please take these to Duke Centimus in the Archives. I'll await his reply."

4/6 Aide mission complete.

Sydney:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Spending a bit more time in the servant's area talking with the staff you seem to leave a lasting positive impression on the senate building’s staff, and the head cook Dedrien Nos wishes you well in your political ambitions. She offers to donate two potions of delay poison in case you prove less popular with others in the political arena.

Servant's area successfully influences.

Marked the Spy mission complete, servant area and Wyssilka completely influenced.

Social Round 12

An announcement is made that a light supper, buffet style, will be served in the gallery shortly. Those in attendance begin to flock toward the gallery to get an early spot in line for what promises to be a hearty meal.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney accepts the gift with a bow, aware that these may all too likely come in handy. He then makes his way to the gallery, eager to see who is eager to get in line.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Curtsying once more to the Princess as she departs the Courtyard, Valeria joins Lady Gloriana Morilla up the stairs towards the buffet, "Lady Morilla, yes? enchanted to make your acquaintance. I am Lady Valeria Tanessen of Kintargo, but something tells me you already know this yes? what are your thoughts about the upcoming vote? do you think it will be a tight race or will the Princess win this by a landslide?"

Valeria winks, to make it clear that she is favoring the Princess in this vote.

Social Round 12 - Lady Gloriana Morilla - Influence Check - Diplomacy, Courtyard Mastery Bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Courtyard Bonus: You and any ally you are with gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to influence NPC’s during the remainder of the Gala. (Valeria currently in Gallery)


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus makes his way back to the Gallery to report to Lady Lotheed. He makes sure to especially mention the messages to the servants, including the one who reported bad news from the Gallery, as well as his message that Dame Trant was to be gotten home safely, and that he suspected Pythareus was using her to influence Senators.

His report finished, he moves to get in line for food.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel takes the letter and goes in search of the Duke. Once she’s located him, she passes along the message and stands by to wait for his response.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 22


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Seeing the Major adeptly maneuvering through the crowds, Piri figures he can casually run a little interference for her on her next trip. Very subtley he stands blocking a couple of people that seemed to be moving toward one of her gaps.

roll to aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 18


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria/Sveng/Sydney:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

You all approach Lady Morilla and bombard her with introductions. She is pleased to meet you each, though is a bit resistant to Sveng's approach. Something about the man just seems to put her off. When Valeria inquires about the vote she smiles "Well it's hard to say. I would like to think she will win by a landslide, but it is always hard to tell with these things. Especially with a vote of such importance." She looks to you each in turn and then taps a finger to her lip "You know, perhaps I could arrange a brief meeting with you and the Princess? I'm sure she would be happy to meet some of her supporters. What do you think?"

2/2 successful influence. You and anyone you want to bring with you get a free roll to influence the Princess. This would be a free action outside of the social rounds.

Hazel:
My bad, I just realized I duplicated your event. So a bit of retcon

Round 10
You deliver the letter to Duke Centimus he promptly reads it and nods to himself, then tells you "Very well, let Lady Lotheed know I will take the documents she has."

Round 11

You make your way back to Lady Lotheed and deliver the brief verbal message from the Duke. She smiles and pulls out a folder of papers then hands it to you "Wonderful, please deliver this to the Duke then."

Now
Finding your way back to the Duke once again you deliver the folder of papers. The Duke takes them and begins to turn to leave then he turns back to you briefly "Let Lady Morilla know she owes me one, if you would."

5/6 successes on the Aide mission

Hargus:
Being one of the first in line you grab a plate of delicious food. There is a wide variety of items and you are happy to get everything you had set your eye on. After the long evening of political maneuvering it is nice to take a moment to eat and just watch the crowds.

Piri:
You provide some assistance to Hazel as she makes her way to deliver the message. However, it doesn't seem the assistance is much needed as she deftly maneuvers through the crowd.

Social Round 13
The diner party is cut a bit short after a fine bottle of 150-year-old red wine is opened for the guests. As glasses are raised and numerous people take a drink there is a bit of a scene as everyone drinking promptly spits the wine out. Several complain about the awful taste and gossip begins to circulate about how Bartelby Lotheed should have tested the wine before making such a big showing of it at the event. It appears your efforts of sabotaging the wine had the intended effect.

Near the end of the diner you hear Lady Lotheed's voice in your head once again "If you would all join me in the gallery, the voting should be starting soon."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"I would be delighted to meet the Princess once more, and I would like to introduce Sir Sydney Streegrenet to her Majesty. I believe his deep rooted family connections in Taldor and Cheliax would be an asset. He also strikes me as a man of great intellect capable of delivering great strategic advantage to whoever would benefit from counting him on his or her side..."

Valeria brings Sydney with her, for his diplomacy bonus

***----***----***

In front of the Princess:

Valeria curtsies and bows deeply forward.

"Your Highness and Majesty, may I please introduce you to Sir Sydney Streegrenet. He is currently studying the mage arts with the greatest instructors in Oppara, and his family connections extend throughout Taldor and beyond. In that, he and I are kindred. There may be a time in the future where you may wish to look beyond Taldor's borders for trade, allies or to export culture from your great nation. Your Highness," finishes Valeria, bowing again and ceding the floor to Sydney.

Bonus Influence Check 1 of 2 (Valeria) - Princess Eutropia - Influence Check - Diplomacy, Courtyard Mastery Bonus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

Courtyard Bonus: You and any ally you are with gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks to influence NPC’s during the remainder of the Gala. (Valeria currently with Sydney and meeting with the Princess and Lady Morilla)


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Social Round 13

After having a less than fortuitous talk with Lady Morilla (perhaps he is better when not in a crowd), Sveng heels to the call of Lady Lotheed and makes his way back to his employer for an update. On his way he can't help but have a small smirk at the wine debacle.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, cautiously satisfied with the intended affect,heads to the gallery as requested by Lady Morilla.

Hmm, this is pretty fun, I think we may have accomplished something as a team. I am looking forward to working more with this lot.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus took care not to drink the wine, and managed to hide a smile at the reaction. Piri had done his job well. Dinner finished, he moved himself to join Lady Lotheed in the Gallery.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel takes her leave from the Duke, promising to pass along his message as soon as she can, and hustles up to the gallery to join Lady Lotheed.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Moving us forward, will give Sydney some time to address the meeting with the Princess and Valeria since that occurs outside of the normal social round action

Social Round 14

Martella greets you each as you arrive. This time you find her at some seats with a particularly good view of the senate floor below. She invites you over to take a seat. Once you all arrive she notes "I thought you all would enjoy some good seating for the voting that is to begin shortly. Afterwards, we shall talk further, but let's see how our work tonight has proceeded."

As if on queue an announcement goes out that voting is about to commence. The senate floor is a mess of activity as the senators find their way to their appointed seats. Finally, the Taldan senate convenes to vote on various issues while you watch from the gallery above. The hall spends 30 minutes arguing and voting on formalities and spending bills before reaching the event all of Taldor has been waiting for: whether to abolish the long-standing law of primogeniture. The political ruling body of Taldor spreads out twenty feet below the observation deck of the gallery. Dozens of senators and their immediate aides scurry below. The cacophony of
voices is almost deafening, and it seems like the ceaseless chatter will continue endlessly. Suddenly, the magically amplified voice of the senate speaker interrupts the noise.

“Thank you all. I would ask that our observers please be silent and seat themselves. We will now begin voting on addendum number twenty-two thousand eighty-seven: the repeal of the ancient law of primogeniture, the issuance of inheritance and aristocratic title solely through male heirs.”

Following this proclamation, the speaker begins calling on individual senators one at a time to support or oppose the repeal.

Duke Centimus and Lady Clement are among the early votes to repeal, soon joined by Senator Dou and Marquess Deschamps. When Marquess Tanasha Starborne, the gnome who represents the Verduran Forest Province, is called upon for her vote, she needs to be nudged by the senator beside her to rouse her from her distracted daydreaming. Starborne then hops atop the back of the bench in front of her, setting her rainbow hair fluttering, and in a sing-song voice practically shouts her vote to repeal primogeniture.

As expected, when they are called upon, Senator Trant and Earl Vernisant vote to uphold primogeniture. Not surprising, Countess Pace joins the ranks of senators who vote to oppose the repeal.

Early declarations split evenly between the options, with many senators abstaining entirely, and only halfway through the process do votes begin to favor Princess Eutropia’s bid to end primogeniture. By the end of the tabulations, the repeal passes with roughly 60 percent of the senate’s backing. The speaker takes a moment to compose himself, seemingly shocked by the results, before continuing to formally announce the initial results in a distant monotone.

"And so, the final tally for addendum twenty-two thousand eighty-seven, the repeal of primogeniture, with thirty-six abstentions, the final tally stands at one hundred and seven for, seventy-nine against. The addendum passes. Among other business tonight, the senate recognizes Princess Eutropia Stavian I as the new heir to the Primogen Crown, and the first heir the empire has seen in twenty years."

With the declaration made, the chamber explodes in a riot of applause and condemnation. It takes several minutes for the cacophony to die down. The speaker declares that a closed senate recount is to take place, an event signaled by the speaker declaring a temporary recess of the senate to outsiders.

With a grin Martella looks to each of you in turn "Well done, my friends. It seems we all can bask in the glow of a successful evening. You completed the tasks I set out for you! As promised, you'll each receive 300 gold tomorrow, and I will definitely have further work for you in the future if you're so inclined."

Following the vote an announcement is made that Grand Prince Stavian will give his speech and the exaltation will begin in fifteen minutes.

And now you are all Level 2! Use this opportunity to RP among yourselves and with Lady Lotheed. Will move us forward when everyone is leveled and ready to proceed. You have this last round if there is anything you need to complete.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus smiles. "It is good to see Taldor move forward. I am pleased we had as much success as we did. It appears that the High Strategos's confidence in the vote was incorrect." Hargus appears particularly satisfied by that little fact.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

As the repeal is announced, Hazel cups her hands around her mouth and leans over the railing, whooping loudly at the senators below. "Taldor! F#~@ yeah!"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri smiles quietly, and confirms his earlier thoughts audibly: "We worked well together as a team. I think we achieved our goals regardless of challenges."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Lady Lotheed nods to Hargus and Piri's words "Indeed, this is a great day for all of Taldor. Though this has been a long work in progress your efforts tonight were no doubt a large contribution."

As Hazel shouts out her cheer Martella grins.

After the announcement goes out about the Grand Prince's speech Martella looks to you all "I should expect that Stavian's speech will be a concession to Eutropia's bid for the throne. While the vote does not replace Stavian, he has made no secret of his opposition to the repeal. I expect the aging emperor to show no amount of restraint in lambasting his daughter."

She pulls out a letter, neatly folded and sealed with wax embossed with a simple heart. She hands it over to whomever takes it first "Before you head down to listen to the speech, if one of you can take this to deliver afterwards that would be wonderful. It is a message for Kalbio from his parents who couldn't afford to travel into Oppara for the ceremony. I understand the letter is of a personal and emotional nature and Kalbio's parents asked that it not be delivered until after the big day."


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel reaches out for the letter. "I'll do it. I kinda connected with the kid."

She scoots her chair back, preparing to get up. "Didn't get to 'hang out' as much as he wanted, but I'll take 'im out for a drink or something afterwards. If that's all, I got one last thing to do before the speech."

She rises and makes her way quickly to the courtyard, where she convey's the Duke's message to Lady Morilla.

CMB: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20 Last round action

With that done, Hazel elbows through the crowd to find her way back to poor Kalbio. "Hey boy! Sorry for leavin' you alone with all these nobles. You wouldn't believe how busy I've been." She feigns wiping sweat from her brow.

"C'mon," she grins, taking him by the elbow. "I wanna get a good seat for your exaltation. Oh, and, keep that," she points to the flask that she gave him earlier. "I have a feeling you're gonna need it."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel delivers her final message to Lady Morilla, who simply smiles and gives her a knowing nod. She then finds Kalbio before heading into the senate floor. Offering for him to keep the flask, Kalbio smiles and nods. He doesn't say much, obviously a bit nervous about the upcoming speech and exaltation.

Hundreds of dignitaries, senators, and visitors cram onto the senate floor. A dozen hulking members of the Ulfen Guard, personal bodyguards of the grand prince, stand arrayed around a podium atop the central, circular stage of the chamber. A mix of senatorial staffers and Ulfen Guard assign people to positions within the chamber based on rank and influence, placing the group toward the outer wall of the room, well over 80 feet away from the grand prince’s podium. Martella Lotheed stands 20 feet closer, while Princess Eutropia and several prominent nobles stand at the podium’s edge. Kalbio excuses himself when one of the Ulfen guard comes to retrieve him for the exaltation.

Grand Prince Stavian III ascends to the tall stage that overlooks the hall from its center. He raises a single hand to calm the murmurs of the assembled crowd. A member of the prince’s Ulfen Guard escorts Kalbio to stand several paces behind the prince.

“Quite the assembly we have here today,” the grand prince says. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen the senate building packed so full; especially not for any of my previous speeches. Even my lovely daughter, now a woman, sits among the players of Oppara’s greatest game. Of course, none of you are here for me. No, today is about something else entirely. Today is about elevation. It is no secret that today is about exalting others to a new status in life."

“I’m sure many of you have had the opportunity to meet Kalbio here. He is a man of the people, elevated at the urging of all the ladies, lords, senators, and aides present in this chamber. I think we should all give him a rousing applause, to commemorate this momentous change in his life.”

The room erupts into cheers as Stavian pauses in his proclamation. The grand prince of Taldor smiles widely as he takes in the adulation of the crowd.

Sense Motive DC20:
You notice subtle re-positioning movements by armed, black-garbed personnel throughout the crowd. They do not look like members of the Ulfen Guard or Taldan Phalanx. After a few moments, you realize they are moving towards the exits, seemingly to block them.

Aide mission complete


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Hargus applauds the Grand Prince and Kalbio. Truly, the young man was honored to attain such lofty status.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Valeria takes a mental note of the dress design of several noble ladies in the assembly .


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel claps Kalbio on the back as he is whisked away. You’ll do great, boy!”

She claps and cheers loudly when Kalbio is mentioned.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Piri, prides himself on his attention to detail, notices that there appear to be armed personnel moving to block the exits. He quietly communicates this information to his teammates as he can. Meanwhile he continues to examine the building for otherwise not so obvious exits, which may not be blocked.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Catching up... starting with a meet n greet.

"Miss Valerie here is too kind," he says to the princesss. "I am so happy to meet you, and to do what I can to support you. I too, some day, wish to help govern, and I can't think of a better way that to support a true heir and patriot."

Bonus Influence Check - Diplomacy, Courtyard Mastery Bonus: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23

----

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

If I am still in telepathic communication to our employer, I wish to convey the message that it looks like trouble brewing.

Piri desperately scanning for unblocked exits and attempting to observe where and whatthe reason for the armed guards might be.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)
GM Dak wrote:

"And so, the final tally for addendum twenty-two thousand eighty-seven, the repeal of primogeniture, with thirty-six abstentions, the final tally stands at one hundred and seven for, seventy-nine against. The addendum passes. Among other business tonight, the senate recognizes Princess Eutropia Stavian I as the new heir to the Primogen Crown, and the first heir the empire has seen in twenty years."

With the declaration made, the chamber explodes in a riot of applause and condemnation. It takes several minutes for the cacophony to die down. The speaker declares that a closed senate recount is to take place, an event signaled by the speaker declaring a temporary recess of the senate to outsiders.

Sveng gives a small, satisfied smile. The first domino has fallen...now we just need to make sure the rest are placed correctly.

GM Dak wrote:
With a grin Martella looks to each of you in turn "Well done, my friends. It seems we all can bask in the glow of a successful evening. You completed the tasks I set out for you! As promised, you'll each receive 300 gold tomorrow, and I will definitely have further work for you in the future if you're so inclined."

Sveng inclines his head to Lady Lotheed. "It is my pleasure to offer my services. I plan to be in this for the long haul, Lady Lotheed. I await your call."

~~~~~

When offered the letter, Sveng is glad to let Hazel take it. She had been running letters all night after all.

Sense Motive DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Sveng it too busy paying attention to the speech to notice the armed men moving, but when Piri informs him he takes a look. [smaller]"Oh. That is decidedly not good."[smaller] Violence is at hand.

Sveng quickly glances around to see anything else out of the ordinary, as well as any unguarded exits.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As Piri draws your attention to the figures blocking the door, the ceremony continues. For all you can see the now blocked exits are the only means of egress from the room.

As the applause abates, a hulking Ulfen Guard pushes Kalbio forward, almost knocking the weaver down as he awkwardly regains his balance beside the Grand Prince. The leader of Taldor maintains his calm, placing a hand on Kalbio's shoulder without even taking his eyes off the crowd, and continues his speech.

"I understand your parents sacrificed everything to help you reach this day, my boy. Saving up for your apprenticeship and the tools you needed to achieve greatness. And today you are a grateful son, no doubt making them proud. I, too, understand what it is to sacrifice; I have given so much for the people of this nation: a brother, a son, a lifetime of service. Even my own daughter's loyalty."

He pauses, licking his lips and pulling the suddenly awkward Kalbio closer to his side.

"But unlike you, Lord Kalbio," the Grand Prince continues, "These Taldans - my children, truly - are not grateful."

As Stavian continues to speak, the lines upon his face and brow becoming sharp as daggers, Kalbio grows increasingly, understandably bewildered.

"They scheme and plot, dream of hanging their dutiful father and placing a woman - a woman, sir! - on the Lion Throne! And they have seen fit this very day to induct you into their conspiratorial ranks. And that is why here, now, you, Lord Kalbio, will be the first among them to die."

In a flash, the Emperor of Taldor plunges a jeweled dagger between the ribs of the noble weaver in his clutches. Kalbio's blood showers the front row of the stunned crowd. The talented weaver, exalted for scant minutes, mouths a few syllables - "Ma...Ma...Pa..." - before collapsing upon the stage in a crumpled heap.

A red-stained Princess Eutropia stands beside Lady Morilla and the other nobility, looking up at her father in horrified disbelief.

The black-clad figures cast aside their cloaks, revealing armor and blades. The unidentified soldiers who stand by the exits make wide arcing slashes with their swords, alternately cutting down those who would escape while keeping the rest of the crowd at bay. The others begin advancing, cutting through the assembled nobles and guests with broad swings. Among the erupting carnage, it is hard to take an accurate count, but there are perhaps as many as fifty of these killers on the senate floor!

After a fleeting moment of confusion, the Ulfen Guard close ranks around their emperor to protect him, bringing steel against any who approach - whether black-clad warrior or panicked senator. Between the mysterious attackers and the Grand Prince's own bodyguards, the senate floor quickly becomes a killing field. Atop the podium, Stavian III looks around in deranged wonder at the butchery.

As the chaos escalates, other members of the crowd pull hidden weapons from their clothing and engage these killers, fighting for their own lives and those of their kin. Among them, you recognize the guard who "inspected" you at the very beginning of the gala and hastened your progress through the line. This Vudrani woman leaps into combat against these assassins, shouting "Lion Blades! To your duties! Defend the senate! Defend Taldor!" even as blood begins to stain her headscarf.

Princess Eutropia and Lady Morilla draw their elegant swords and stand back to back, protecting each other against the approaching killers. You even spot Martella drawing a hidden weapon to drive back these assassins.

Initiative:

Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Lion Blades: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Enemies: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Round 1: >Hazel/Valeria/Piri/Sydney, Lion Blades, Eregos, Enemies, Sveng

Essentially everyone except Sveng can act before the enemies this round. We will do this a bit theater of the mind instead of tactical on the map. There are enemies all around. The closest group of 3 enemies are 20 feet away near the closest doors, Martella is being attacked by 2 men about 60 feet away while the nobles, 80 feet away, have a group of 5 men attacking them. Remember that your weapons are peace-bound, thus requiring a full-round action to unbind and draw. Also, with the chaos present in the Senate Floor movement is considered difficult terrain.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus is horrified by the Grand Prince's actions - he straight up murdered Kalbio, and now had assassins working to slaughter the Senate. He'd gone mad - completely mad! Could he be under some sort of mental compulsion? He'd been closeted with the High Strategos for a bit, and that seemed like the sort of cowardly action he'd take at losing the vote.

Moving towards the nearest group of enemies guarding the doors, he pulls out the vial of liquid blade as he goes. With a flick of the wrist, it turns into a short sword, allowing him to get close to them and be armed.

Move action to move 15 feet, drawing the liquid blade vial as I move, then a move action to open the liquid blade and draw the weapon.

151 to 200 of 1,598 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.