GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


451 to 500 of 1,602 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel and Piri both get in solid strikes on the armor they are combating while Sveng assists. Valeria wraps her rope around the living armors legs and drops it to the ground, this allows Hargus to get a better angle as he also strikes the armor.

The one set of armor turns on Hazel and attacks with it's longsword as the other attempts to stand up and attack Hargus. Trant strikes out as the suit attempts to stand.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Stabbing down into it, she shatters it to pieces and it isn't able to get up.

Attack-Hazel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

The other suit isn't able to hit Hazel as she dodges the blade. Trant and Zubari head over the help deal with the remaining suit of armor.

Round 3
> Valeria/Hazel/Eregos/Sydney/Piri/Sveng,
Enemy, Trant/Zubari


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel grits her teeth and kicks the armor again in rapid succession. Full attack

Unarmed Strike, Inspire, Brawler's Flurry: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 231d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 91d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel lays into the remaining suit of armor, knocking the helm right off causing the suit to collapse to the ground in pieces.

Out of Combat

With no further threats you take some time to look through the room. Most of the armor and weaponry here is rusted and neglected, but serviceable enough that you find all sorts of mundane equipment.

Essentially you can find the gear you previously purchased at character creation but didn't bring to the gala.

Additionally, among the display cases you find some exceptional items including a handaxe, a heavy steel shield, and a light crossbow. There are also some potions that Piri identifies as three potions of cure light wounds and one potion of bull's strength. Among the alchemical items there is enough equipment for a portable alchemist's lab as well.

Spellcraft Handaxe DC18:
This is a +1 handaxe

Spellcraft Shield DC18:
This is a +1 heavy steel shield

Spellcraft Crossbow DC27:
This is a masterwork crossbow that improves your chance to hit concealed targets. It seems to have the potential to develop additional abilities, though what they are or how that happens can't be determined.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Spellcraft Handaxe DC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Spellcraft Shield DC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Spellcraft Crossbow DC27: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"The axe is magical. That will help one of you strike creatures with certain resistances to normal weapons. However, I can't quite tell about the other prizes we have here..."

Uncertain of her studies in magical weaponry due to the ancient nature of these weapons, Valeria casts heightened awareness, followed by detect magic, in order to glean additional arcane facts about these masterwork beauties.

Kn. Arcana, Heightened Awareness, Handaxe: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Kn. Arcana, Heightened Awareness, Shield: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Kn. Arcana, Heightened Awareness, Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Slightly disappointed at her lack of arcane spellcasting acuity, Valeria finally resigns herself to try to remember something about their design, time-period, and if any of these were related to some legendary battle.

Kn. History, Heightened Awareness, Handaxe: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Kn. History, Heightened Awareness, Shield: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
Kn. History, Heightened Awareness, Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Lore (military commanders), Heightened Awareness, Handaxe: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Lore (military commanders), Heightened Awareness, Shield: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Lore (military commanders), Heightened Awareness, Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri scans the room desperately and finally smiles a contented smile as he collects a shortbow and, after many trips, enough arrows to satisfy himself. He twerks the bow-string until he is satisfied with the tension and potential performance.

Turning his attention to the standout items:
Spellcraft, Handaxe:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Spellcraft, Shield:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Spellcraft, Crossbow:: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"I confirm Valeria's analysis on the Handaxe, and the shield confers a similar bonus to it's performance and utility. I am sorry but cannot fathom the depth of the magic on the crossbow."


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Nice work, friends, but maybe let me take a look at that?"

With a small black bird alighting on his shoulder, and it looks like maybe whispering in his ear, Sydney starts to nod.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"This is an interesting weapon. Examine the master craftsmanship. Much care went into its making. And I believe it has magic that will allow the user to better aim at concealed targets. It has other properties, but I am not sure what they are at the moment. Let's take it, and I can do some research once we have escaped this maze."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Whoever wants the magic equipment chime in. Sveng is not interested in any of it.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri has an Alchemist's kit, not sure if it's the same thing as the lab, if the lab is better I'll take it. Frontliners should take the potions? It would be great for Piri to be proficient with crossbows, but alas he will stick with his shortbow, at least now that he has a replacement.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel would like the Potion of Bull's Strength and one of the CLW.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

I'll carry the shield and/or the crossbow if no one plans to seriously use them in combat


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

”I’ll take the shield. I prefer a buckler, but I can use larger.”


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Let me carry the crossbow then. It should come in handy in these dimly lit chambers..."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The halfling follows around giving light as needed for you to search things over. Trant makes an off-hand barely audible remark to no one in particular under her breath as you start looting through things "Like common thieves..." Zubari spends some time examining the armor while the rest of you look through the various displays. After collecting what items of use or worth you can find another decision faces you, whether to take the left or the right door.

SDOP-L:

Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

SDOP-R:

Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Piri checks both of the doors and not finding any threats, and both unlocked, gives the all clear on each.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"Let's take the left door since I did it second and I'm standing closer to it"

Piri examines the blade of his rapier before returning it to his scabbard and hefting his shortbow in his hand with a single arrow out of it's quiver, deftly held in his left hand also. One can see that this technique of being able to quickly notch the first arrow has come with years of practice.

Arrogant piss, though considerably more helpful in the battle than the sly halfling


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng does not respond to Lady Trant's jibe; he knows from experience she is more bark than bite, and taking the time to argue at her level is a waste of time.

Sveng agrees with Piri to go left first.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus considers responding to Trant, but decides against doing so. It would do nothing but cause strife between them - well, more than already existed, at least.

He nods in agreement with Piri, and takes up position next to the door.

Given my AC is now 18, I think I should be the one to actually open the door.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Opening the door, this rectangular room appears to host a celebration frozen in time. Gaudy nobles crowd the corners of this room, all of which are dressed in ostentatious and pretentious fashions. Tremendous wigs soar toward the ceiling, each covered in thick layers of dust. A larger gaggle fills the center of the chamber, each aristocrat presenting a jovial or mocking leer as it stares out blankly. One of the figures is sprawled on the floor; overlapping circles cut into its waxen chest and face. There are three doors set, one each into the eastern, northern and western walls.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Well that's...somewhat disturbing. Sveng scans the room for magic and any traps before the group enters, slowly stepping in to get a full view of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus looks about the room before entering, waiting on Sveng to tell him if there was any magic.

Perpception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria tries to pin the era and approximate date of the display based on the fashion shown there.

Craft Clothing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri looks around taking in all the details...

Perc.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Particularly interested in the circles carved into the wax. Do they look like the same circles in the dust in the other room?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng looks the room over for magic and finds one aura coming from a hat on one of the waxy heads. Otherwise, he doesn't detect any other signs of magic.

Spellcraft DC16:
This is a hat of disguise, although it is a little odd from what you would expect as the hat also has what appears to be hair inside of it.

As everyone gives the room a quick look you don't notice any threats just a lot of statues with a haphazard variety of fashions from varying points in the empire’s history and a number of which wearing what appears to be real jewelry. Valeria sees styles that date back several hundred years, but nothing more recent than about a century ago. Piri takes not of the circles and symbols and recognizes that they are indeed similar to the ones he has spotted elsewhere before.

Appraise DC18+:
You find about 450 gp worth of jewelry that would be worth selling.

Appraise DC17-:
You find about 200 gp worth of jewelry that would be worth selling.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

I really need to pick up spellcraft.

Detecting magic, Sveng puts a hand on Sydney's shoulder. "That hat has magic coming off it." He points out.

Before moving in to check the jewelry for its worth, Sveng gives time to Sydney to make sure the magic he detected isn't some sort of threat.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Valeria does not recognize the true value these jewels would fetch to a competent antiquarian...


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri examines the hat... Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Then appraises the jewelry Appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

[b]"The jewelry is worthwhile, not sure what magic permeates the hat though"[/dice] Carefully watching the dwarf to make sure he isn't pilfering, then thinking about the circles.

What is going on with these circles? They don't seem to protect anything but they are curious.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria joins Piri to observe the circles.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sydney-Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Sydney manages to identify the hat and notes it is a hat of disguise, although it is a little odd from what you would expect as the hat also has what appears to be hair inside of it.

As Piri and Valeria check out the circles they note that they are similar to what was drawn in other rooms haphazardly, but can't discern any specific meaning to them.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus frowns as he looks at the circles. "Those keep popping up. I wonder what they're for."

He doesn't know much about jewelry, but he doesn't intend to take any - right now, it wouldn't be useful in the way the magic items had been. Plus, Dame Trant would likely compare them to common thieves again.

He steps into the room, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Creepy," the Major huffs, looking ready to deck any of the wax figures should they suddenly spring to life.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng walks around the room absentmindedly, coming near Hazel. He half turns, getting close to her and whispering in her ear, trying to keep anybody else from overhearing. "The one with the hat may be a person. Grab it."

Bluff to appear Nonchalant: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel winks at Sveng and carefully approaches the figure he indicated from behind, suspiciously watching it for signs of life. 1 use of Martial Flexibility to gain Improved Grapple

Once she's close enough, she darts forward and grabs the 'statue' by the hair, yanking its head back and using her other arm to gain a lock on its limbs.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Improved Grapple: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri follows Hargus and the Major into the room, glancing around and half-expecting for one of these wax figures to spring to life.

"I am guessing for the safety of the people we left waiting for us we should probably go back into the main room and clear the other door before we try any of these doors."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hazel grabs the one figure and yanks at the hair causing the hat, with the hair still inside to fly off to the ground, leaving it with a bald waxy head. After holding the figure for a moment Hazel realizes it is in fact made of wax and not alive.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Uh... I think it's just a freaky statue," Hazel says. She slowly releases her grip, feeling a little foolish. For good measure, she shoves the figure over, sending it crashing to the ground.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Anyone keeping the hat or jewelry? Three doors in this room and one door left in the previous room. Where to next?


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Slightly weirded out by the wax people, Hargus nods. "We should clear that room back there, just in case."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

I'll take the jewelry! (unless no one wants the hat... then I'll have that to!!) :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng can't help but to chuckle at the display. "Well, just an abandoned hat of disguise than. I thought something intelligent may have been using it to hide in plain sight. At least we know they're not a trap now." He says with an apologetic smile.

Sveng will take the hat of disguise. Onwards, rule of left!


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri exits the room back into the larger armor room and does his thing on the door, and awaits Hargus to do the entry.

Thought maybe we make the dwarf our pack mule and give him the jewelry to hold, if we are going to treat it as treasure, otherwise, I agree with Hargus and we can pick it up on the way back and complete the rescue.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Piri does his thing checking the door before giving the all clear to Hazel who opens the door. Lines of shelves run from north to south in this square room. Glass windows, some with handles and others bearing locks, cover the front of the shelves. Dozens of objects line the shelves, resting on satin pillows behind the protective glass covers. Doors exit from each of the walls.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus looks at the door to the left as he pokes his head into the room. "I suspect that door will connect to the room with all the wax figures. This place is so strange. It appears to be some sort of lost museum of some kind. Where in Taldor is it, though?"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"obviously, we are going to check for magical items that may prove useful to us in the future as we navigate our escape and return to Martella to clear things up and plan on how to proceed; however, be careful! Our experience has been that most things useful are guarded or trigger some sort of defensive mechanism. I'm not sure this was so much a museum as an area of entertainment of sorts for the nobles."

Piri follows either Hargus or Hazel into the room before investigating.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

GM I think it's fair to say that if nothing immediately threatens us, Sveng will scan every new room for magic. Once from the doorway before entering (in case of magical traps), then once inside while staying at least 5 feet away from the walls.

Sveng does his thing, scanning the room for magic with his eerie void-black eyes.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

I'll start including that in my room descriptions moving forward.

Sveng scans the room from outside and locates two magical auras, one coming from a statue figure in on of the display cases, the other covering the entire floor of the room.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Uhhh, Sydney. The entire floor is radiating magic. Nobody enter yet. Also that statue in the display case." Sveng says, pointing it out.

Still no spellcraft trained :')


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus backs up a step, glad he'd only poked his head in. "I suspect if we're going to move forward, the other room might be a better option."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri you would have to be closer to ID the magic item and without Detect Magic you can't tell aura's.

Sydney eventually chimes in noting that the floor has a weak aura of conjuration magic, while he can see the little statue has a moderate enchantment and transmutation aura.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Spellcraft on floor, Aiding Piri with aura readings: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"This could eb a trap, summoning defenders or something like it when some who is not authorized enters, perhaps? Do you think those older badges might let us in?" he asks, pointing at the halfling and others.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sorry it was actually evocation, not conjuration.

451 to 500 of 1,602 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.