GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


351 to 400 of 1,604 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, absently nods in Sveng's direction as in agreement. He then scans the room a little more closely paying careful attention to the circles drawn on the floor. It's almost as if they are runes, but not quite infused with magic or perfectly drawn. I wonder, based on the dust around them how recently they were made. They are certainly more recent than some of the other stuff they saw in the other rooms before coming to this hallway

"We should decide if we are going to further investigate the halls before going through that next door straight ahead, or should we continue on. Based on the things we have seen thus far I believe the architecture would suggest each of the hallways will eventually turn the forward direction and/or there will be more rooms that way. As I have declared before, I don't care to leave unexplored doorways behind me.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Agreed. Let us explore each direction one room deep at a time. Hopefully that will prevent us from missing anything important, such as coins that are actually keys. I say we start from the door furthest to the left and move right from there."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"As you say I think the thickness of the walls here no doubt prevents any type of early detection. Still, I have heard of magic aimed at detecting the undead, but I do not have access to such. I do not think a simple spell of magic detection would be enough to parse the necromantic energies that animate most undead. If only we had a cleric with us... such energies are too subtle for the detect magic spell... But we've done pretty good so far. Oh... is everyone alright?"


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"Agreed. Opening doors left to right sounds good. I don't know much about magic, but smacking the wall sounds a good idea to see if they're there."

Anwering Valeria, Hargus says, "I have small cut, but nothing worth expending magic over. I'm fine otherwise."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Tapping the walls sound like... a good way to attract a horde of them, if there are more. However, we cannot descend into paranoia. I think this type of undead is relatively rare, and such precautions perhaps are unwarranted. I would advise everyone to draw weapons and be on their guard instead. Also, we should adopt an order of march formation that puts the heavily armored next to the walls and the lightly armored in the middle."

Valeria has a studded leather, and seems to want to be in the center, second row, right behind the lead warriors...


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Hmm, I hadn't considered drawing more to us. I think that is wise counsel."

If our members with good AC go into full defense every time they get next to a wall, that should be a good precaution against this kind of ambush attack.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As you discuss your next moves you hear Martella's voice ring out in your head once again with a brief message. "“Gloriana Morilla’s allies from the Pathfinder Society secured us a way out of the senate building! This is an organized force. Be safe.”

Feel free to respond to her mentally if you like

Eventually the decision is made to start checking the other doors, starting with the first door to the left and then circling around.

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

SDOP:
Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

You take the time at each door to check for traps and listen, finding nothing until you reach the third door you are checking. The first two rooms are pretty similar. Dusty tables and chairs fill the rooms, some of which appear to have seen recent use. However, they are bare aside from the furniture.

As you approach the third door you find a body, one that appears to be pretty recent as the blood pooling on the floor is still fresh. The body grasps it's neck where it seems to have been opened and leans againsst the eastern wall, the same wall connected to where one of the undead had previously attacked Sveng. Finally listening at the third door, Piri hears muffled talking on the other side. He can't make it out but he can tell there is more than one voice.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri holds his hands up with a closed fist, calling for silence, after listening at this door and whispers "There is some muffled conversation behind this door. It sounds humanoid not really threatening, but it might perhaps to enter with surprise to be safe. It looks like it is probably an associate of this corpse and a victim of the very same 'wall undead' that have been ambushing us."

Piri makes room for the front liners to lead the way in the door. Than readies himself to follow.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Wait Piri! let's first see what we can learn from this corpse..."

Valeria cast detect magic, then carefully proceeds to examine the man, his clothes, and perhaps find insignia, coat of arms or uniform patterns in the man's equipment.

Heal to determine/confirm wounds/cause of death: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Craft Clothing to determine style/fashion and which country/city this was tailored in: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Knowledge Nobility to determine status and association: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

If magic is found, Valeria will inspect the source:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus thinks to Martella, In a complex from the Fourth Crusade, location unknown. Have encountered undead, may be others here. Hearing voices on the other side of a door.

Hargus sets up next to the door in a defensive stance, ready for when the door is opened.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria takes some time to look the body over. It's pretty apparent that something clawed the mans throat out and he bled to death. It's not too much of a stretch to assume it was the undead you have already fought, but she can't be certain. The mans clothes are very finely tailored and are of excellent quality, it is pretty apparent he is from the noble class. However, he doesn't have any identifying insignia or signets to tell what family he is from.

When checking for magic Valeria does indeed find something, a magical ring that she identifies as a Ring of Protection +1 on the mans hand.

As Valeria is busy with the body the door you all are standing in front of creaks open a bit and you see someone looking out from inside. A brief moment later the door swings open and you see two men and a woman , somewhat covered in blood, taking shelter in the room. The man in the lead looks at you all with a hesitant smile "Uh... Hello. I... are those things dead? Is it safe?"


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Sir, we believe things are safe. We have killed two of those wall creepers. By the looks of it, this poor man here fell to their claws. How many of those things were you able to count good Sir?"

Knowledge Nobility to determine status and associations: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Good to hear you're safe. Working on exiting labyrinth. Attacked twice by undead in walls. Stay safe until we return."

"Good find Vala, that is a useful enchanted ring. I think one of our more...martially inclines members ought to make use of that."

Somebody on the front line should take the AC boost. Ideally whoever wants to be checking the walls for more undead :)

Sveng turns to look at the blood-covered people, eyes flicking between them and further into the room.

Sense Motive to determine their motives; are they just victims as they appear to be?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Knowledge (nobility) (does Sveng recognize them, are they anybody noteworthy?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"We have slain two of them but don't know if there are more around. I think we may be able to help each other; we can help keep you safe from those creatures and you can give us information about where we are. Who are you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The man lets out a deep breath upon the news of you killing the undead and shakes your hands vigorously. "Well done then! We only saw the one that killed Lord Manshum before we sought shelter in this room. Luckily for us whatever those things were they did not give pursuit." He looks back to the others and motions for them to come out since it is safe. Turning back to you he does a slight bow "I am Lord Wilfen Botoles." He points to the other man and the woman and continues [b]"That is Sir Gryphus Plastion and Lady Gael Urbaen. We just appeared down here after the chaos that errupted in the senate floor above."

Sveng:
They do indeed appear to be victims, none of them are particularly noteworthy.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri remains quiet but observes all he can about the residents of the room and what he can see in the room beyond them.

both rolls include Sveng's inspiration of +1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Kn. Nobility: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng arcs a brow at Lord Wilfen's story, absentmindedly tapping Piri on the shoulder to grant him guidance. "Lord Wilfen, Sir Gryphus, Lady Gael, well met, although I wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. It seems your fate is the same as ours. What room did you appear in? We had to travel a little ways to get here. I think we should share everything we have found out about this labyrinth. The more we know the faster we can leave."


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria hands the ring of protection to Maj. Fothergilla, who seems to need it the most based on her simple leather armor. She then stands and shakes the hands of the nobles assembled before them.

"Pleased to meet you, Lords and Lady. I am Lady Valeria Tanessen and we similarly also appeared down here after this most horrible incident. Whoever said Taldor was boring should be punished severely. I did not expect journeying here from Cheliax and find myself stranded in a strange dusty room after a coup d'etat perpetrated by the Emperor himself!"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Lord Wilfen nods "Well we appeared in the hall just there. He points near Manshum's body. "As for escaping... you will take us with you won't you? I mean..." He looks back to the other nobles before turning to the group "we aren't really battle hardened soldiers so any help you could provide would be appreciated!" He pauses a moment and then smiles "Of course, I would be willing to offer a reward for our safe passage out of here, maybe 300 gold?"

The other two nobles chime in as well noting they would offer the same for their safety as well.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"That would more than cover the expenses of my comrades in arms here, I suppose, provided we are able to fight our way out of here, of course. Would you happen to have any magic or equipment that could be useful in fighting those monsters or help find an exit? My suggestion would be for you three to stay safe here in this room, while we secure the other rooms and find a safe exit. Then we will come back to find you and escort you out. I would recommend you lock yourselves in and don't answer the door to anyone else unable to provide the following password," Valeria leans in and whispers "SAFETY FIRST" in Lord Wilfen's ear, and similarly whispers the word to the rest of the party, trusting Lord Wilfen to do the same for his peers.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng takes care to prevent himself from smiling too broadly. I wasn't even trying to case them for protection money. I can't imagine the kinds of scams they would be vulnerable to. He makes a mental note to remember the names of their new 'friends'. It may be valuable later.

"It is our pleasure to aid you." He lets Valeria take the lead, as her questions mirror his own, and her idea to have them stored safely away for the time being seems a wise decision. "And take care to keep some distance from the walls." He adds.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus can't believe his luck. They were stuck down here, true, but now they'd found three nobles who were confused as to how they'd gotten here and were willing to pay them to get them out. Coin was always scarce, and even with what Martella's payment, more would be needed for his revenge upon Pythareus.

He asks, "Do you happen to know how you came to be here? Were you threatened by any of the assassins in the Senate hall?"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri scans their clothing to see if they have entrance badges that reacted and sent him down here, maybe they have the same type of badge special to Martella or some other source.

Seeking the motivation behind the words Piri uses Sense Motive.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

They all nod to Valeria and Sveng's suggestion. The lead man notes "Yes, I think that is wise, we can wait here while you find a way out of here. Just don't forget about us!"

When Hargus inquires about what happened the man shrugs "In fact, Lord Manshum was just about to be struck down by one of those cloaked men when all of a sudden we just found ourselves here." He shakes his head and huffs "He thought he was so lucky to escape with barely a scratch and then that thing got him..."

Piri and all of you notice they do have similar badges, but the emblem is definitely different than the ones you are wearing.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

With barely a scratch...

"Was anybody hurt before we were sent here? Or just about to get hurt?" He asks.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"I think we were just about to get hurt..."

Sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"No, I mean really close to being hurt. Like a blade was touching your skin." Sveng clarifies.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus lifts up his arm, where the faint cut still shows. "I was."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng examine's Hargus's arm closely, noting the faint cut. "Lord Wilfen, you said barely a scratch? Close to what he has here?" He looks at their badges. "I think our badges had something to do with this. Some sort of safety measure in case we were come to harm. Effective in a manner I suppose..." Sveng looks at his own badge. "Ickrak'ey arcaniss." His eyes turn-void black. "Sydney, what do you see in these?" He asks.

Detect magic on the badge.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Wilfen nods "Indeed, just a scratch like that."

Examining the badges, you already knew they had magical properties with the ability to pass telepathic communication. However, looking at them again you now detect another aura of conjuration which would make sense seeing how you were teleported upon one of the wearers being attacked.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Interesting...these are aid badges though. If the purpose was to protect people of importance this failed spectacularly. Unless, of course, the emperor wanted to get the non-important people out of the way if they attempted to interfere in the orchestrated violence today. Making sure nobody could protect the important people.

A smile tugs at the corner of Sveng's lips.

Oh I have missed playing this game.

"Well, I think we should be on our way. We shall clear the path and then immediately return to escort you to safety." Looking to see if the others have anything to add, Sveng makes ready to move on.

Continue with sweeping the room left -> right for all the doors until we have everything cleared, then continue through the main room!


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Very well, Lords and Lady: we shall secure the other rooms and come back to you. Be safe," says Valeria, loading her crossbow and heading in the north direction.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Continuing around the room you come to the back side of what is very apparent of being a secret door.

SDOP:

Piri-Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
Piri-Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Piri-Perception (Listen): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

He doesn't find any traps or hear anything on the other side, but the door is locked and even after spending some time trying to pick the lock he isn't quite able to get it.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng places a hand on Piri's shoulder. "We are in no rush, take your time."

Guidance on Piri for another disable device check. He could attempt to take 10 or take 20 if need be.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria sends some dancing lights at the end of the hall just in case something decides to pop around the corner...


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri takes 20 on the DD check 20 + 9 + 1 = 30

If unsuccessful:
"Well, it is obviously locked beyond my abilities which means we need a key. Similar to what we experienced in the section where we arrived. We must continue to explore and be on the lookout for that key."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri takes his time working on the lock and eventually manages to get it open. Opening the door you see pristine glass display cases stand along the walls and in the center of an immense rectangular display room. The area is more than sixty feet wide and forty feet long, with the outer walls covered in glass displays of armor, save near the two northern doors and along the southern wall where you are. Two rusted and decayed suits of armor stand separate along the east and west walls, protected in glass cases. Tarnished and discolored weaponry fills the cases in the center of the room. Circles of various sizes have been scratched into the glass and drawn on the walls with chalk and paint.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria hails her friends, "Hey! there's more conference rooms on this side I think! should we check them or ignore them and move on to the display case room?"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"I agree with Valeria, this seems that it may be our next 'safe' room. There is enough space here we can stay away from the walls and take our time looking at the armor and other displays. I want to be sure that we are safe from ambush and not have to return to where we were before we rest."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng sweeps the area for any magic, or any traps, taking care not to stand adjacent to the walls.

Perception (guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Without going into the room Sveng looks around and detects magic. He does find several magical auras throughout the room, seven all together. Three are coming from different weapons spread throughout the room, the other four are coming from a case with alchemical items and vials in it.

Drew 3 circles for the locations of the weapons and a square for the location of the alchemical items and vials. May not be able to see them yet with the current lighting.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Let's try to get into the room. Hazel, can you check the doorway opening for any...creatures?"

"There are several magical weapons and vials in that room. Useful tools for the journey ahead, I suspect."

Hopefully Hazel with the ring of protection and using full defense can lure out any undead while avoiding damage.

If the above happens:

Sveng enters the room, doing another sweep from a much better vantage point, but still taking care to not step adjacent to the walls.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

In the meantime, Valeria tries the door to the east. If unlocked, she opens it.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus holds out a hand to Sveng. "They probably are, but let's secure our backs first, and make sure that there aren't any foes lurking here. We should go with Valeria and check the conference room."

Hargus goes with Valeria, to protect her in case the undead attack.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

In the interest of expediency, and wary of more undead, Hazel stays close to Valeria and readies herself for whatever waits behind the door.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney waits for a signal that it is all clear, and then proceeds to examine the alchemical items.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Deciding to leave the new large room alone for now you go to check the remaining rooms. The next room around the hallway Valleria goes ahead and opens the door while beckoning the others over.

Inside you find a halfling, cowering in the dark. He is dressed like one of the serving staff. When he sees you open the door he lets out a shriek "No! Don't kill me!" He stares at you for a moment awaiting his demise.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Kill you? why would we do such a thing good Sir? My name is Lady Valeria Tanessen. How do you do?"


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri glances in and takes in all the details with an expert eye. Seeing the halfling by himself arouses some suspicion which may be reinforced by his clothing or something else about his appearance.

perception for the room: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Knowledge (nobility) (who is this guy, anybody important?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"We are senatorial aids that were transported here once the fighting broke out. We are here to help. Please, tell us what you've experienced and anything you've seen while down here."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

The halfling stops cowering when Valeria introduces herself and he smiles widely letting out a sigh of relief "Ah... well.. um yes. My apologies, you know it has been a rather chaotic day. With the attack and all that, then suddenly finding myself down here alone, I was prepared for the worst."

When Sveng speaks up the halfling turns to him and nods "Oh yes, same here. After the fighting broke out some of my other companions tried to defend themselves, then all of the sudden I found myself here in the dark alone." As he sees more of the group behind the open door he smiles "Oh, it looks like there are quite a few of you. Are you a rescue party or something? I don't have much but..." he pulls a reasonably well made silk handkerchief "I would gladly give you my favorite silk hankie if you could help me to safety!"

Piri:
The halfling doesn't seem to be quiet as afraid as he was initially letting on. However, you do see a senatorial aide badge, similar to your own which would seem to corroborate his story.

Sveng:
He seems to be a lowly senatorial aide and has a badge similar, but with a different crest, to yours.

351 to 400 of 1,604 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.