GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


301 to 350 of 1,594 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Ah, perhaps a way to teleport back out? I wonder how they are activated...and what activated them originally. Perhaps danger?" Sveng says, glancing at the faint cut on Hargus.

Knowledge (arcana) with guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26

I don't have spellcraft, so if anybody else wants to jump in on that Sveng will provide guidance.

I think that's the best course of action as well. Not to brown-nose the GM, but you seem to have an excellent mastery of how to keep a game well-paced on the Paizo boards, which is a great achievement indeed.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri pipes up, Try saying that 3 times with a Spellcraft check and Sveng's guidance

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12

wow, really?

"How many coins are there and wasn't there a slot in one of the other rooms we discovered?"


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Spellcraft with Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16

"Well, clearly they are magical, but..."

Here's hoping 16 is high enough...


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Neither Sydney or Piri are quite sure of the coins function. However, when Piri reminds everyone of the slot Valeria remembers finding a coin-sized niche on the wall behind one of the bookshelves that had been hidden by some false books.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Well so far none of these mechanisms has been deadly, let's hope this is the same." Sveng takes one of the coins and puts it into the slot.

If nothing happens, Sveng will try a few more coins. At five he will confirm with the party to keep going, and then deposit the rest.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Let's wait and see what happens with one coin first.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sveng pops a coin into the slot. It disappears and as it does an ethereal passage opens on the ground to the side of the shelf.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng takes a step back in surprise. "Well. I can't imagine the time and money that went into such a structure." He pockets the rest of the coins. "Shall we?" He says with a gesture, indicating he has no interest in going first.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"Perhaps we should leave some of the coins in case we end up back in these chambers? That way we can get out again if need be."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Mhmm, good idea." Sveng takes out two of the coins, putting them near the slot.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"Well we have no idea to where this leads, and since I don't have my shortbow with me--my primary weapon, I am constrained to using a rapier. Might I borrow the masterwork rapier we found until such time as I can get my ranged weapon back?"

Great thinking Hargus, and in the case of separately teleporting back here, we may want to each have one if there is enough. I'm not sure they can serve any purpose outside this room, but I also wouldn't want them available if there were someone chasing us."

Piri is ready to head through the portal.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng distributes three coins to each person, keeping the spare coins on himself. "Onwards."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri is the first to step in. He immediately vanishes. After a time the others follow and one by one are transported to a set of stairs. The magical door from whence you came appears on the wall behind you. A set of stairs rises to the north. The northern end of this hall ends with an elaborate brass lever.

A single hooded lantern rests on the ground here, flickering with a blue light, illuminating the hall and the group.


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Well, let’s not stand around,” Hazel says impatiently. She picks up the lantern and begins to lead the way down the hall.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"I think we should proceed cautiously, Hazel. Let's not break our routine. But I agree, let's move along. I don't need the lantern, so you can hang on to it." Piri proceeds down the hall.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Ok, lead the way. It doesn't seem like we have much choice."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Perception:
Eregos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Hazel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Piri: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Sveng: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Sydney: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Valeria: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The group heads down the hall keeping an eye out for any threats. Not seeing anything Hazel moves to the brass lever and pulls it. A secret door opens in the middle of the wall granting access to another area.

Chiseled stone statues of Taldan Phalanx soldiers stand atop plinths in the outer corners, visible from any point in this ominous hall. Sturdy wooden doors line the outer edge of the hall: two to the east, two to the south, two to the west, and a single larger door to the north.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

OOC I'm partial to the rule of left, but IC Sveng wants to see what's behind the big door.

Sveng glances around for a moment, then shrugs. "I suppose the large door, presumably something significant is behind it." He looks over the hallway, looking for traps in particular, especially that may be on the doors.

Perc (with guidance): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

"A reasonable assumption. I think it also the most likely to be locked, though."

Hargus assists with searching the hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri nods and slowly, makes his way the same direction, using Sveng's guidance on his trap perception.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26
Perception traps: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 16


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As you begin to spread out and start looking through the hallway, Sveng moves up to the closest door and checks it for traps. As he is looking at it, the wall next to him seems to move as if coming to life. The torso of a humanoid figure with jagged claws extends outward from the wall, its features patterned with the texture of the structure around it.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The first swipe misses, but the second connects and scrapes into Sveng.

Know. Religion DC12:
This is a type of undead creature called a walcofinde. They are created from humanoids who were intentionally buried alive.

Know. Religion DC17:
A walcofinde in a sealed chamber, slowly regains health over time. They also can merge with walls providing them with additional protection from attacks and an extended reach with their claws.

Note the token is in the square next to Sveng but it is in fact part of the wall next to Sveng

Initiative:
Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Round 1
> Valeria,
Enemy, Hazel/Piri/Sydney/Eregos/Sveng


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria takes a step back, loads her crossbow, and begins singing. The voice of the opera singer strikes a chord deep in the adventurers' souls and they suddenly feel inspired to achieve heroic deeds!

+1 competence bonus to atk&dmg with weapons and +1 moral bonus to saves vs. fear


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Wow that's a hell of a stealth check!

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"Gaaaah!" Sveng recoils from one of the claws, only to face the sharp edge of the other. The tunnels had been non-aggressive so far, so the sudden attack caught him off guard.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Upon his turn he will move to the space he now occupies on the map
Piri notices he cannot achieve a flanking position in time, he moves up and takes a stab with his rapier, feeling inspired by Valeria's song.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11
dmg: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus is caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of a creature from the wall, but his tactical training takes effect. Taking a wide route around to the other side of the group, passing by Hazel, he draws his falcata as he moves and strikes at the wall creature, Valeria's inspiration making his blood sing.

Attack, Inspire: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
Damage, inspire: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Critical Damage if confirmed: 2d8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 + 2 = 18

No idea if I can actually attack this thing while it's in the wall, but Hargus has no idea what it is, so here goes.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Retroactive knowledge religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Careful! This is a type of undead creature called a walcofinde. They are created from humanoids who were intentionally buried alive... in a sealed chamber, they can slowly regain health over time. They also can merge with walls providing them with additional protection from attacks and an extended reach with their claws!!! Take short sidesteps accordingly!"


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel leaps forward and swings her fist at the undead creature.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria begins to sing, her voice bolstering your resolve as you feel inspired by her tune. The creature in the wall reachs out once again to claw at Sveng.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Once again Sveng manages to avoid the first attack, but moves right into the second as the undead claws away more of Sveng's flesh.

Hazel leaps into action and slams her fist into the creature half expecting to break her hand like hitting a wall. Instead the incredible force of her strike nearly snaps the creature in two. Piri swings his rapier, but misses while trying to avoid hitting anyone else in the cramped fighting space. Hargus draws his flcata and brings it down on the undead, finishing it off as it falls out of the wall unmoving.

End of combat


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney looks up from the other side of the room just in time to see the creature fall. "Walcofinde? That's a new one on me. I have to admit, though, necromancy was never of that much interest to me. The horrors some people can commit never seem to stop shocking me."

Then as an afterthought, he says "Good job dispatching this one."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

"phew, now didn't Valeria say something about them regaining health? Do you suppose there is any way we can not face this thing again? Is there a way to move it away from the wall? Burn it like a troll? Or do you know that once it's dead it's dead, Valeria? I'm just glad to be rid of it.

Sveng, how are you doing? I can provide some healing. I'm sure you have healing but yours would be critical to the party in emergencies. Let me know.

Hmm, our first real, physical, battle as a team, We seem to have finished okay. Grateful for the Major and Hargus surprised me with his martial expertise. This creature was curious, I will need to be alert to these same circumstances, maybe walk more in the middle of the hallways?


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

"Hmm... your guess is as good as mine Piri. Pulling it off the wall and killing it like we did should mean it's dead I guess... maybe kick it down the hall a little, for good measure!"

Now, what else is down here, hmm? thinks Valeria, looking around.

Perception take 10: 10 + 6 = 16


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Breathing heavily as his adrenaline spikes, Sveng wheels away from the undead as his allies cut it down. He leans against the wall, then recoils back like another undead may come out of it. "Buried...alive?" He starts to regain his composure. "These tunnels are more nefarious than I thought." He winces, holding his wounds. "Yes Piri, some healing would be much appreciated." Although he hadn't disclosed his abilities to his newfound allies yet, it's no leap of logic to observe his use of magic and his armor to conclude that he is a cleric. Although he still appreciates the offer for healing, because taking out a scroll in order to heal may give more hints as to who this particular cleric worships.

But that is a problem for another time. Hopefully.

Other than this ambush, did Sveng notice any traps on the door? Or was his search interrupted?


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri pulls a small vial from his cloak and drinks it down. He then places his hand on Sveng, with the healing coming from positive energy.

Cure lIght: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus drags the body to the middle of the hallway, then starts hacking off limbs. "Perhaps if it's in pieces it won't regenerate. I wonder how it came to be buried alive - and if we will be able to avoid the same fate."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but aren't extracts personal only unless you gain the infusion ability?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

After composing himself Sveng remembered what he had originally been doing and finishes looking the door over, not seeing any signs of traps.

Opening the door you find a long table, its surface covered in green felt, stands in the center of this rectangular chamber. Silver trays dot the table’s surface, each hosting a set of crystal glassware and a tall decanter of wine. Another door rests on the northern wall.

Correct I don't see anything on Piri that would allow him to use his extracts on others.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

I'll assume Piri knows his extract won't work on me.

After examining the door Sveng gives the all clear to the others and retreats to the back. He reaches into his robes and pulls out a scroll, unfurling it to read the words. "Urcaxa arcaniss..." Sveng's eyes turn void-black as they did before, and he reads from the scroll. "Irisv mitne ezoukeic." The scroll starts to dissipate as if the light is burning through it, and when gone Sveng's wounds are gone with it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Used one of my scrolls. Onwards! And never in front again!


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So where to next? Forward through the other door, checking out the current room, or back into the hallway to try a different door?


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

"Well I bled to clear it, let's go through the big door."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri takes the time to inspect the room carefully to see if it can give any answers to where they are, why, and what is the next concern.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

As the others enter the room with the big door, Valeria conjures four dancing lights and sends them to the east.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

GM, I just realized I can control one of Valeria's dancing lights on the map. Valeria should probably be the only one to be able to do that.

Hargus assist Piri in checking out the room.

Perception, Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

+2 to Piri's check.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri leads the others in searching through the room. He notices several overlapping circles drawn on the floor under the table with chalk, though when detecting magic he notes the symbols have no magical function or symbolism that he is aware of.

The fine crystal glassware and silver dining sets are all in good condition, though the wine has long since soured. The complete set weighs about 5 pounds and looks to be valuable. A document box on the table includes several furled scrolls, six in total.

As the group searches around the room the wall near Piri begins to move. This time, aware of the danger that lurks here you have an opportunity to react before it can rake it's claws into Piri.

GM:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Initiative:

Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Round 1
> Valeria/Sveng/Eregos/Hazel/Piri,
Enemy, Sydney


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria's eyes grow wide at the wall apparition, but her childhood's sword training kicks, as she smoothly sidesteps into flanking position with Piri and attempts to pierce the core of the enemy with her blade.

Rapier, flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 piercing dmg.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng steps back, but this time ready for the attack. Damned undead, the magic I have prepared doesn't do anything to them. He touches Hazel on the shoulder, giving her a familiar incantation. "Soves."

Casting guidance on Hazel, go get 'em!


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Falcata in hand, Hargus moves into range and strikes at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 7/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Another one!" Hazel calls out. She feels Sveng's spell coursing through her as she drives her fist into the wall.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Valeria and Hazel both manage to connect with the undead, while Hargus can't find a good opening in the cramped quarters. Piri uses his positioning with Valeria to his advantage as he attacks as well.

Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He stabs into it with his rapier, further opening the wounds from Valeria and Hazel as the undead creature pops out of the wall and collapses on the floor un-moving.

Out of combat


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"How many of these things can there be?"

Sydney's eyes dart around furtively.

Then they settle back on the scrolls, and he unfurls a few to start taking a look.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Once the creature is felled, Sveng looks at it tentatively for a moment before kneeling next to it. "Valeria, you said these were undead? All undead are powered by necromancy magic. Perhaps if we scan the walls we may be able to find them before they attack. Of course the wall may block such effects..." He frowns, resting his chin in the crook of his thumb. "I think we should avoid getting next to the walls for now, and if we have to (such as for a door), then we check the walls by striking them first. Perhaps that can help alleviate these ambushes in the future."

301 to 350 of 1,594 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.