GM Dak - War for the Crown 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Songbird, Scion, Saboteur
Part 1: Songbird

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Start Day: Oathday, 1st of Pharast, 4718
Current Day: Moonday, 12nd of Pharast, 4718


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,697 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng makes sure he is hidden from view and adds to Valeria. "There is much work to be done and this information is needed, we do not want our...superiors to be displeased."

Bluff to aid Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So other than Piri moving, Hargus delaying and Sveng assisting, what are the rest of you doing since Val is last in init? You are welcome to delay if you want since you heard her initial bluff and it seems it may be working, but I know Sydney was in the middle of a spell. Let me know and then we'll continue.


Male LG Human Arcanist (Occultist) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Reservoir: 4/6 | Active conditions: None.

Adrian is fine delaying for now until we see what Val can accomplish here.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney was working on casting a summon monster I, so when it completes, an eagle should appear at the top of the stairs to go and attack the spell caster.

Eagle attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Sydney you're not planning to wait to see if the guy falls for Val's bluff? reminder: you fiendish eagle doesn't have to attack if you tell him to hold off in infernal...


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Can I tell the eagle to attack only if a spell starts being cast? That was the intent here - to disrupt any spell to be cast. I wasn't sure I had that much conrtol - I was originally going to cast summon swarm, but didn't want it to accidentally attack our own people.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Yes you can speak/instruct summons if you speak their language.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

So in this case with an Int of 2 on an eagle, it will attack Sydney's enemies (as per the rules on summons) but he couldn't give him advanced instructions. So, he would either need to stop casting the spell (which as far as I'm aware makes him loose it) or let it complete and the eagle will go to attack.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

In that case, let's let the spell fizzle. I don't see it as turning the tide here, and Sydney would be far more interested in a less violent solution here.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:
1d20 - 1 + 10 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 10 = 11

Seeing that Val is having some amount of luck at least talking to the gray skinned man, the rest of the group stops what they are doing and waits to see what Val replies. As she calls back her response there is another long pause before the gray skinned man starts laughing to himself. "Just when I think... hehehe... that this whole mess can't get more crazy Ms. Fantabulous pulls out new and surprising tricks from her sleeves. Hehehehahah...."

After a short bout of laughter, the man speaks some words as the grease dissipates from the stairs allowing you easy access up to the room. "Wish ya would have said something earlier rather than making this all difficult. Whatever though, come on. I'll take you to the boss and Martella."

Out of combat


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Clever Valeria. Another reason to keep an eye on you. Making sure he is still out of sight, he drops the disguise he made and follows the others.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus wipes his blade and moves forward, hands by his sides, looking about for other enemies. If he doesn't see any, he says, "It's clear, mistress."


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri catches up to the group at the bottom of the stairs and listens. His bow still equipped, scanning the area, and cautious of a change in attitude of the gray man.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria moves to the top of the stairs and enters the room. She scans the room with disappointment or disgust, hard to tell, and she nods to the man, motioning for him to lead the way.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

Sydney, hearing things have calmed down, also climbs the stairs to the room.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Heading up the stairs you see two metal pipes ascend through the northwest and southwest corners of this room. A viewing window overlooks the warehouse floor to the west. An oak desk occupies the eastern side of the chamber, backed by an intimidating chair. An open door the south reveals an unused and empty storage closet. As you filter in 'Mr. Gray' opens a secret door on the northwest pipe which exposes a ladder leading down. He motions to the ladder and smiles "No offense, but you all first. I don't really trust you to be behind me after what you just pulled with the others..."


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

"Step aside," says Hazel, grabbing the bars and heading down.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng arcs a brow at the man, who is intentionally putting them into a compromised position.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri, raises an eyebrow at the suggestion Gray man may not trust his group and tries to determine if going in front of the Gray man is the right move or not.

Sense Motive w free insp.: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 8 + (6) = 30


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As far as anyone can tell, he is being straight forward and doesn't appear to have any ulterior motives.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus looks at the others, and then, once they signal all is well, moves to follow Hazel down the ladder.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri moves to the ladder to follow Hargus, giving him an extra step or two so that the armored man has room to move.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Once everyone is ready you take turns descending the ladder in the large pipe. When you reach the bottom those who can see in the dark see this excavated chamber links the warehouse above with some sort of complex below. The walls are embedded with several artifacts of a long-gone iteration of Oppara: bare scroll rods, broken pots, cobblestones, and various other bits of street garbage. The southwestern door appears to normally be a closed secret door, but the door has been left open. Mr. Gray comes down after the rest of you and walks toward the open door, he points down to a trip wire on the floor and says "Watch your step." as he walks through for you to follow.

Everyone following behind?Anyone going to be the light source for those without Darkvision?


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria whips up some dancing lights at the bottom.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Added some dancing lights for you to control.


LN Human Pact Wizard 4 HP: 25/25 AC: 10 Tch: 10 FF: 10 CMD: 12 | F +3 R +2 W +7 | Init: +1 Perc: +6 | Active: none

"Don't you have any sconces down here?"


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Thanks to Valeria's lights, Hargus can see where he's going, and then moves to follow Mr. Gray, stepping over the tripwire.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri is able to see fine and carefully avoids the trip wire and follows Hargus and the others.


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sveng follows quietly in the back, keeping an eye on their new 'ally'.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Everyone follows behind Mr. Gray. He leads you down a hall to the south which branches to the west and then through a closed door. Three stuffed training dummies stand in the southern side of this stone room. Arrows and daggers protrude from the dummies, while weapon racks stand neatly along the northern wall. Passages exit to the north and west.

A halfling is tossing daggers at the furthest dummy when you all enter. When he sees Mr. Gray followed by the rest of you he quirks a brow "Um, what's all this? I thought you were watching the upper level. Who are your friends."

Mr. Gray shrugs "Seems there were other plans I wasn't told about they are here to help interrogate the prisoner."

The halfling stares blankly at Mr. Gray "Are you sure? I mean they said they didn't want to be disturbed." He looks back over the group and asks "So what's this all about who is in charge here?"

Mr. Gray turns toward Val and the others to let them explain.


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Looking at the halfling she sighs. "Must I repeat this again? You all did a fine job securing the tramp, but we have higher plans for her now. We will need to move her to a more secure location before the interrogation. We have a wizard building a room that is shielded against magical eavesdropping."

bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Looking at the gray man, she adds "And as detailed earlier we have ongoing plans for you, but alas even great trees must be pruned occasionally..." Valeria lets her gaze linger on the halfling as she says this.

bluff to convey simple secret message to Gray to kill the halfling now: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Gray man gets it -- SM DC 18 for others to decode


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Sense Motive DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Sveng picks up what Valeria's goal is and quickly moves to support it. He slowly steps around the room, examining it. He examines a smudge on his shirt and waves a hand at it. "Edarok siofmea."

Casting sow thought on the halfling, I want to plant the idea "These are higher-ups in the conspiracy, if I work with them I will be rewarded, but if I oppose them I will make powerful enemies".

Bluff to conceal intent behind spellcasting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Hargus catches on to what Valeria's doing, but says and does nothing, falcata in hand by his side in case the two needed killing.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The halfling picks up on what Val is trying to hint at and it doesn't help he resists Sveng's compulsion. He promptly shouts out "Traitor!" as he pulls out his weapon.

Initiative:

Eregos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Hazel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Piri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sveng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Sydney: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Valeria: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Mr. Gray: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Round 1
> Hargus/Val/Hazel,
Mr. Gray, Sveng, Enemy, Sydney/Piri


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Valeria shoots the halfling!

MW Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel steps up and tries to trip the little miscreant!

CMB to trip, Improved Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs. halfling CMD


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hargus taking in the scene is a little slow to react but Val quickly shoots the halfing in the chest when things start to go sideways. Hazel sweeps at the halflings legs with her feet and causes him to fall to the ground with a thud.

1d100 ⇒ 43
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Mr. Gray pulls out his weapon and moves to jump over the halfling to get on the other side of him.

Hazel would technically get an AoO as well, if she wanted to take it. Let me know so we can resolve that before he finishes his action.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Hargus moves towards the halfling and strikes at the downed foe.

Attack vs prone: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

If Mr. Gray intends to strike the halfling, she lets him pass; if he intends something else, she'll trip him as he moves past her: Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Hazel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Mr. Gray didn't appear like he was running over to attack the halfling so Hazel sticks out her foot as he is about to run and jump causing him to fall flat on his face instead. He looks up at Hazel with a scowl "What's the deal? You just plan on killing me too then?" Hargus moves over and stabs the halfling who is down on the ground.

Round 1
Hargus/Val/Hazel, Mr. Gray, > Sveng/Sydney/Piri, Enemy


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel smiles back to Mr. Gray. "Let's just say that you just stepped out of line Mister... we were hoping for your cooperation."


Male Human Cleric 4 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | T 11 | FF 14 | CMD 12 | Fort +5 | Ref +3 | Will +9* | Init +2 | Perc +12
*:
-1 vs compulsion (see drawback)

Feeling confident that the enemies are on the ground, Sveng draws his shortsword and moves forward. "Stay down if you value your life." He hisses, waving his sword threateningly.

Assist (prone): 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 4 = 15

The next person to attack the enemy adjacent to Sveng gets a +2 to hit.


Aasimir Investigator (Empiricist)4 AC 119|T14|FF16|HP35 Init+3|Perc+11|Fort 3|Ref 7(+1)|Will 4(+2)|Darkvision 60|DR Acid, cold, elec.|

Piri sees things getting away and shoots his short bow at the Gray Man.

Precise shot and Point blank
Atk: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Piri sticks an arrow into Mr. Gray while Sveng looks for an opportunity to distract him for someone else that will attack. Sydney lobs some conjured acid at Mr. Gray.

RT: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 4 = 5

But with everyone in the way he doesn't even manage to hit the man. The halfling stands up and attempts to get away from the group.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Provokes from Hazel and Hargus, but unless Hazel has Combat Reflexes only Hargus would get the AoO for him standing. Let's see the results of that before I finish his turn.


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Add +4 if this is for him standing up.
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As the halfling attempts to stand up Hargus takes advantage of the opening and cuts him down.

Round 2
>Hargus/Val/Hazel,
Mr. Gray, Sveng/Sydney/Piri


Tiefling (Pitborn) Brawler 3 | HP 27/29 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Martial Flexibility 2/4

Hazel pummels the Gray man!

Brawler's Flurry 1, Unarmed Strike, Flank, Prone: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 14
Brawler's Flurry 2, Unarmed Strike, Flank, Prone: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 4 = 24
dmg1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
dmg2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


CG Female Human Bard 4 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 17, T 12, FF 16 | hp 27/27 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +11 | Percep +7 | CMD 16 | Spells 1st 5/5 2nd 2/2 Bardic Performance 15/15 | Reroll @ +3 1/1 | Conditions: none Wand CLW x89

Hazel steps away and Val takes her spot, like a well-coordinated dance.

Rapier, flank, prone: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 12
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Vigilante (avenger) 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 25 | T 14 | FF 21 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +8; low-light vision

Having difficulty seeing the map again. Can I move to melee range of the gray man?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

You are right next to him.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,697 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - War for the Crown 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.