Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


351 to 400 of 1,251 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

Frank responds in hushed tones, one finger tapping on the sketch.
"Yeah, that looks like the image on that guy's sack. The one that he accidentally pulled out and stuffed away.
Nice drawing big guy."

Frank takes a moment to realize what EE was actually asking.
"...I don't know what it is, though." He adds, turning away and rubbing his left cheek


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Could another knowledge be used like Arcana or Religion?


Shadow's Status

Nobility only as it is an organization. Someone made the roll up thread I believe.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Rolled, but didn't make it.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

No problem. The symbol might need a cool adventure/mission to figure out the meaning, but I'm sure OCDMSS (Our Cool DM Storyteller Shadow) won't mind xD Plus, after the interaction with the dead guy's family and so, I was planning on putting some points in Kn Nobility.


Shadow's Status

I was incorrect, no one made the roll successfully, with the drawing though it should be easy enough to find a House or a Sage who does know.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

I smell secret treasure that we may or may not need to race someone to get at ^_^
Also, anyone know who to ask?
...and I think we have a couple of quest threads left to tie off...


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

<Don't know either, but will find out> EE says. He packs his things and newly received cash, stating <Might need to cash your rewards at that other man. Then need to do some shopping.> He lifts his rapier. <Is good quality, but can always improve.> When they start walking together, he adds <Maybe Dolom knows about the symbol.>


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Sixteenth Day of Dravago - Stonewall Inquisitives - Middle City

After a few lift rides and a long walk through the District selling the remaining wares acquired from your adventures, the mixed group arrivees at Dolom's office.

The front door is open and there is loud arguing in dwarven coming from inside. As you walk in, the arguing ceases and the group sees both Dolom's present.

The Watch Captain Sergeant Dolom as well as the employer for some of you Brentholm Dolom.

The Captain grunts and tosses a paper from his hand towards your group, "There you all are. Looks like I made the right call coming here, I'll need a statement from all of you about that little trip you made to the COGS for my Cousin here".

Viorr catches the paper, it's a copy of today's Sharn Inquisitive the headline reads:

'BLOODBATH IN THE COGS! A CULT DESTROYED BY MYSTERY VIGILANTES!'


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana prances forward, taking a glimpse at the paper.
Uh that would have been incredibly fast investigative journalism, had we made such a trip and destroyed some form of cult hiding in the cogs, mh? I wonder where that came from? Who would know such a thing and how? And i mean, what form of statement do you want from us for something we might or might not have done? Would that have been illegal? Just look at us, do we seem like we could do some harm and be the illegal type of people? Why do you need such a statement anyway? Maybe this is just another story...newspapers are all about stories.

She does her best to seem as innocent as possible for a long-eared person with gloves and a hood over the head, trying to coax out some more information from the gruff dwarf.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

They were members of the Cult of the Dragon Below... known to make attempts to bring various monstrosities into our world. There was one such vile beast among their number when we came upon them. Combat and their eventual demise was unavoidable.
Zabeth adds...
We will of course be content with whatever reward is deemed appropriate for our efforts.

diplo aid another: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE crosses his arms. <Attacked me, so defended myself.>


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Indeed, we were attacked by a number of persons with obviously murderous intent, and there were a number of unfortunate deaths as we defended ourselves, and attempted to rescue those held for sacrifice. Alas, we were not entirely successful in the latter. Our adversaries, they had no hesitancy about identifying themselves as worshipers of Khyber, and their intent that we should die for its glory."

"It is unfortunate that one I went to find, brother to Taryn, ah, we were to late to affect his rescue."


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"On the bright side, killed all the cultists. So that's good," Dev says.
"...'cepting the ones jumped down a pit to nowhere..."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

Nods and tries to think of the most innocent sounding way to phrase his own involvement.
'I was just looking for an amulet' perhaps? Maybe I should avoid mentioning B. Especially her picking sides based on the presence of something big to fight on team bathrobe...


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Sixteenth Day of Dravago - Stonewall Inquisitives - Middle City

Sergeant Dolom harumpphs at Kana's protests, "The Inquisitive got the scoop because they were in my office when a few o' yer companions came bargin' in ta' my office ta' tell me to come down to the COGS right quick.

By the time I put a squad together you were all gone and we cleaned out the rest o' the place, got a guy still down on account of spider poison.

Ya' done good, ya' done real good folks.

Now I'm supposed to haul these vigilantes in but I told my superiors that we couldn't find any evidence of them that did it. Notice, you'll not see yer names in the paper.

As far as rewards go, me cousin has something for you assuming you at least found some traces of the victims that did perish in that place. The families have reward money and all. Unfortunately, I had to run yer two friends out on the lightning rail so they were not pinned with the blame for all that fighting and killing.

Technically, what you did was illegal. Groups like yourself can be deputized from time to time to handle such matters but that deputization is supposed to be authorized first. I considered telling my superiors that I did just that but I did not want to forge the paperwork. Next time though I'll have a blank document with your names on it even though I realize I don't have all of your names, yet. Once that happens I can all of that legal".

Brentholm clears his throat, "Now remember, I am still supposed to get 10% of whatever you got from down below. I'll take it out of the rewards for rescues... but ah, as there aren't any rescues based on what you all found down there, the reward will have to be simple proof that the loved ones perished. Not as large a sum to be sure but it'll be something. So, how much of a haul did you have? Do you have any knick knacks that I can use to try and identify any missing persons?"

Viorr, before Dolom leaves you might want to ask for that diary back from the Professor that was slain on the groups' first adventure out!


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev tosses an appreciable bag of gold towards Sergeant Dolom-- his pre-determined share of 10% from what they'd sold. "Not bad, all things considered," he says. "Sold all the good stuff. Held onto the personal little tidbits and knick knacks the merchants didn't want. This'll be what the families are looking for, I imagine."

Dev hands over the bits they'd retained from the haul to the officer.

"Now if you're feeling like spending any of that gold there Sarge, I'm sure I needn't remind you I'm a bit more than capable as an artisan as well. The 'Friends and Family' discount is all yours if you're looking for anything new and shiny..." Dev allows himself to trail off for a moment before picking back up

"...unless you've got some more work for us?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Sixteenth Day of Dravago - Stonewall Inquisitives - Middle City

Brentholm grins at the bag and picks it up, "Achh, a bit light. What about the cuts from the wrapped up one of the big half-elf or my brethren?"

Before awaiting an answer he parses out the personal items and sighs, "A durned shame we did not find anyone alive. Terrible fate to have that happen to someone. Not sure what I'll get for reuniting these with loved ones but I'll let you know, may take a week or so to get that all squared away. I'll contact you once I do".

The Sergeant chimes in, "Yer pals should be comin' up with their share, illegal to make a deal like that and not to pay up else my cousin'll keep a portion o' the family rewards, only fair and lawful".


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"A moment, Sergeant...When last we met, you had a certain diary. IS it something for which you still have need? If not, I should like to take that with me."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Sixteenth Day of Dravago - Stonewall Inquisitives - Middle City

Dolom furrows his eyebrows, "Professor Geldem's journal? Sure, that case is closed now after all, I'll find a way for it to get "lost" from the evidence room if you feel that strongly about it".

Brentholm shrugs at Dev, "If I have more work I'll let you know but I tend to try and stay away from the more vigorous activities that your group seems wont to pursue".


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

Frank raises his hands in mock surrender. "In our defense, it wasn't supposed to be so vigorous. Trips to recover lost goods usually don't end in barely fending off a death cult.
I'm just glad they won't be able to murder anyone else in their current state."

Frank scratches his chin and adds "As for the 10%, I suppose I'd hate to break the law more than I'd like to keep the 57 gold coins."
Frank somewhat conspicuously doesn't immediately remove the 1.14 pounds of gold from his bag.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Sixteenth Day of Dravago - Stonewall Inquisitives - Middle City

Brentholm nods to Frank, "I appreciate the honesty. I will take that share from the family rewards and hand the balance over to your group as it is fairly clear that this entire group had a hand in success. Shall I hold anything out for those who were unable to meet with us?"


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

"I think that anyone else who is deserving of a share needs to remain anonymous and out of town more than they need the money...
Or am I forgetting someone?"
Frank adds hastily.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr thanks the dwarves, reminds them of his residence if they should need his blade again, and bids the group farewell for now. Mickey would know how to contact him as well.

The elf trudges back to Middle Dura, where he had stabled his new horse. He takes it out for brisk ride through the quarter, relishing the feeling of being in the saddle once again. After a thorough rubdown and brushing, and a handful of silver for the stableboys to keep him spoiled with, he finally heads to the bathhouse.

He spends a couple of days merely relaxing, eating and drinking well, visiting his horse every so often, before turning his attention to opportunities for his blade to earn coin once again.

Viorr will live it up to the tune of 15 gp for the next couple of days, then begin to check in with Mickey and his other sources. I am ready to move on when everyone else is.


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon says to the group," Um..,that was interesting...if you need some alchemy or have another job...you can find me at my shop..." she turns to leave and turns back flushing in embarrassment,"It is called Sharon's Alchemical Delights." She than leaves quickly.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's

The last Tenday plus has been rather, uneventful. Each of you head back to their personal lives handling mundane tasks and keeping in touch with Mickey P. who seems eager to get all of you jobs that pay much better than what you are all doing during your "time off".

The morning of the Twenty Eighth you are all called to Mickey P's humble abode and he asks for all of you to come as quickly as you can.

By mid-day you are all assembled, Mickey appears rather distraught, "A dear friend of mine was sent by House Cannith to retrieve an item in, of all places, Darguun. Viorr, I am sure you are familiar with the Cannith that hired him as well as the group he was with. Lady Elaydren sent Gauntlet and others there to retrieve something.

Well now she is reaching out to me for assistance. Seems her contact there, contacted her and let her know that things did not go too well. They've been captured in some ruins outside of Rhukaan Draal just yesterday. Well, she wants me to send another group there to try and complete the mission, if we aid the last group, she'd be happy but she's not paying for it.

The trip to Darguun is a long and arduous one, at least without magic. By boat or rail if that's even an option, or caravan it'd take days maybe weeks. If my friends are to be rescued, that'd be too late.

Well, lucky for me, I've got some money that allows me access to some magic. My time in the Last War allowed me to gain access to some powerful people, many obscure. For example, I am sure none of you ever heard of Sul the Diviner but he was a big part of the successes of Breland during the War. Well, he owes me a favor...

Are you all willing to head to Rhukaan Draal in Darguun and complete this mission for the Cannith and hopefully rescue my friend in the process?"


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

"Well..."
Frank adjusts the strap of the crossbow on his back.
"I for one can't stand idle while lives are at risk."
Frank looks to the others, hoping for more affirmatives before inquiring about the details.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Knowing first hand what is to be suffering from one's friends, EE nods. <Will go and rescue your friend.>


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr cracks a grin. "This is most agreeable. Yes, I will go."


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth smiles and nods in agreement...
Certainly. Saving lives and earning coin sounds splendid.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"No better way to earn it, really," Aerin agreed.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

I will join as well! Not only is this a chance to see and learn more of this land, but also to experience new adventures. It makes for better tales and songs when the composer was there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Thinking back on his previous dealing with Lady Elaydren, Dev filed away the knowledge that she didn't seem particularly concerned with the rescue itself. He remembered Gauntlet too, and felt awfully bad picturing him and his team locked up (or worse), even though their last interaction had been a stressful one.

"Let's go get em back. People ought to be saved. Pretty straightforward, no?" he says confidently.

"I don't like to think what might have happened to us if you all hadn't come along the last time we took a job... Let's keep that streak alive."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's

Mickey P breathes a sigh of relief as most of you agree, he assumes the rest will do so as well and continues.

"Lady Elaydren sent me the missive that she had given to Gauntlet and his allies. I wish he'd have consulted me on this as I would have not agreed to take this type of dirty mission. It directly involves some sort of schism within House Cannith.

Something tells me that when you rescue Gauntlet and his allies, they are going to want to complete the mission, Viorr, I bet you might want to as well after I read her missive to me from early this morning".

Mickey reads the message aloud, "Mickey P. Veteran of the Last War and Mercenary Procurer. I beseech you to assist me in my time of need. A group of your Mercenaries assisted me a few weeks ago in retrieving an item from the bowels of Sharn in an old Cannith forge.

The object you recovered for me from the ruins beneath Sharn is a schema, a piece of a pattern used to create items both mundane and magical. I have learned that another schema connected to this pattern was being studied in a secret Cannith workshop in Cyre, called Whitehearth. I wonder if this research is tied to the Day of Mourning?

Parts of my own house seek this pattern for evil purposes, and I do not know whom to trust. So I turned to Gauntlet, your friend and his allies directly. I requested that they to travel to Cyre, find the workshop, and recover the second schema.

The location of the workshop was a closely guarded secret lost when the patriarch of House Cannith died in the destruction of Cyre. To find the workshop they first had to travel to the House Cannith outpost in the town of Rose Quarry, in Darguun, to recover a record of all of Cannith’s
hidden workshops. Their contact in Rhukaan Draal, is a man named Failin who frequents the Bloody Market.

Failin informed me that the group did indeed reach Darguun and the Rose Quarry only to be encountered and he believes apprehended by a group already digging at the site!

I ask your group to travel to Rhukaan Draal, find Failin and ask him to escort you once more to the Rose Quarry. From there, the group can rescue Gauntlet and his allies and then complete my mission.

That mission is to travel into the Mournland to find Whitehearth and the second schema. It is an adamantine plate in the shape of a diamond, about the size of a human’s palm. Once they have retrieved it, they are to return to Rhukaan Draal, where I will meet them. Succeed, and I will see to it that they are well rewarded for their courage".

Mickey folds the letter and addresses you all directly, "I don't give a damn about the schema. I'll pay all of you 1,000 gold a head to teleport to Rhukaan Draal and rescue my friend. Thereafter, if you want to work for this Cannith operative, that choice I leave up to you".


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet:
Captured!

The battle had gone well initially with the group coming from around the east of the Quarry. The group split the center and defeated a small group of guards while others were rushing off to retrieve the horses that the group released to create a distraction.

Then the group itself split some battling to the south, some to the very heart of where the Emerald Claw leadership was centered in the city.

Then forces of the Claw from the south regrouped and members from their north with undead reinforcements closed in and the group was simply not able to cut the head from the snake. That head, Garrow was badly injured but managed to survive.

None of your group was slain but all were taken prisoner. That very night Erix and Caelan were bound and placed on horseback immediately to be ransomed to House d'Orien. Ama and Xetovia were also bound to be sent back to Rhukaan Draal to be sold as slaves.

The three of you are left in one of the ruined buildings bound by feet and hands overnight.

As dawn comes Garrow enters the ruined building, fully healed, surrounded by three guards, "What to do with the three of you... you're presence here has delayed our progress by a few days. I am most displeased. A great part of me wishes to sacrifice you all but I have been convinced that you three can be of more direct value as you have no other value for ransom.

By tomorrow reinforcements will be here. You three will be coming with us, into the Mournlands. If you survive the trip, perhaps we shall let you go though you are not likely to survive such a trip. You deserve no less for having interfered with our work here"!


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks off into the distance and follows the only protocol he knows for being captured.

"My designation in the Brelish army was X1001-GNT. I request repatriation, or if you intend to destroy me, at least give me the chance to fight until I die. I will face the challenge of any of your bone-bags you wish to offer up. One or all of them. It matters not."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye considered ripping his bindings off and stuffing that smug look right down his face but resisted as now was not the time. He was sorry that his friends were sold into slavery and swore to rescue them but first to wait for the right time to escape!


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

"Oh a schema!!! I always wanted to study those." Sharon suddenly exclaims..,than blushes and goes very silent and still...


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian remained quiet and waited to see if the time would arise to once again unleash her magic upon these who dabbled with the undead. If these fools choose to execute any of them, Meridian would fight to the death.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Mh, seems we're getting more "monster" PCs :D That's good since it will distract from wearing cloak and hood all day hehehe.

A schema!?! I never saw one before... that should be interesting. I hope it looks awesome and powerful! Perhaps you can find out about it's secrets Sharon, manipulate it somehow so it does something great. Then i could write a ballad about a shy elf maiden alchemist unleashing ancient powers of magic. You said you have a fiancee?


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

Frank smirks slightly at Sharon's bashfulness and then a bit more widely at Kana's enthusiasm.

"And how can we get to your friend -Sul was it?- the Diviner's place?" Frank asks, no longer able to hide his enthusiasm at the prospect of a payday as large as a twenty-pound of gold.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE is starting to understand why fleshy guys get so excited about money. There's a lot of problems you can solve with money! And if there's one you can solve, you probably haven't used money enough.

Aside from that, he also gets some excitement with the investigation. Adventure, some would say. Call it what you want, but EE is eager to roll on with this mission and his new friends. Maybe, who knows, maybe he can ask them for help when he finally had a clue of where the Hell is Hal.


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet:
"The War is over Warforged. You will have a chance to earn your freedoms or die with honor. More consideration than you gave to my men with your cowardly sneak attacks.

I would ask who you are working for or if you are just adventurers but I've already received those answers from your comrades. None shall come for you I can assure you of that. The Cannith conider mercenaries expendable and will simply assume you failed your mission. By the time they think to send another group, we shall be long gone".


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"I guess the real question, Mick, is how do we get 'back' after we find 'em. How long do you think we'll be gone?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's

Mickey P grins, "Glad to see the enthusiasm and hear the sentiments.

I'll need to accompany your group to the Citadel. That's where Sul is found by day. The Crown does not want someone so powerful roaming around as a free citizen, not when he can be employed to deal with enemies as needed.

As for how you get back, well there's caravan or by sea. Airships don't really head to Rhukaan Draal that I am aware of.

You could be gone as short as ten days or as long as thirty I suppose. That's part of why the pay I am offering is so high. It's dangerous and a long way away into a place I'd bet none of you have ever ventured before, except maybe the Elf". Mickey nods to Viorr.

"Tell you what, if you need to stop home before you head out, do so now. I'll meet you all at the Citadel in say, three hours? Make sure you have supplies too. I suppose you could shop at the Bloody Market but that's an adventure all its own".


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"And you'll teleport us there?" Aerin asked. "That certainly makes the beginning part easier. Any chance we could use a Sending or something like that to let them know we are coming?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's

Mickey shrugs, "I'd ask Sul, not exactly sure how that magic works Aerin".

Knowledge Arcana Spellcraft DC 15:
The Caster has to know the creature to send the Message. That includes Viorr and Mickey P. but no one else knows any of the group well enough. Plus, you'd need to pick only one member of the party to send to...


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
Aerin Aurora wrote:
"And you'll teleport us there?" Aerin asked. "That certainly makes the beginning part easier. Any chance we could use a Sending or something like that to let them know we are coming?"

That's what House Sivis is for! =)


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 1/2 | Active conditions:

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Frank doesn't know about the magic either...

Three hours, huh? I should have time to visit Caladrel then.
...oh that reminds me.

"Think teleporting a pack animal with us would be okay? Or should I just ask Sul about that too?"


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Any chances we have made our purchases already?

<Have nothing to do before leaving. Will stay with you.>

351 to 400 of 1,251 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.