Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


101 to 150 of 1,220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Broulnindre snorts and then heads a bit south. Less than 100', assuming she doesn't get near a wall or entry way before that...

Stealth (30' move): 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 5 = 10
Stealth (30' move): 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 5 = 25
Stealth (30' move): 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 5 = 8
Stealth (10' move): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Big E shakes off his stupor at the High Priest's maneuver. "Unexpected position. Repositioning." He goes back to his feet provoking and regains hold of his blade, then tries a desperate slash at the cloaked figure.

Greatsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 0 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 0 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 3 = 14


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

five foot and double attack with flanking.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"Usually that means we're headed in the right direction. Lets go see who needs help," Aerin said cheerily. She spun her crescent-shaped knife on her finger and started heading in the direction of the sounds of fightink.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Round 6

As EE stands the cleric strikes once more and again the mace's dark power seizes EE's soul. Take 14 damage. I believe you are at -6 make a roll to stabilize unless you have an ability that allows it to happen automatically.

The Electric Eye shuts down, perhaps permanently if his allies also fall.

tDB ONLY:
High Priest AOO vs EE draw Mace attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 - Damage 1d8 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (4, 4) + 2 = 14
--
Cultist # 2 vs. Dev 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.
Cultist # 3 vs. Viorr 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 - Searing Light Ranged TOUCH hmm hit last time, ah well DM mistake in PC's favor. 3d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 6) = 14
High Priest 12/26 HP w/ Shield of Faith - Spirit Weapon vs Taryn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 - Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cause Fear vs. Jiri

Viorr has as hard a time striking this creature as Taryn has had as both of his blades miss!

The cleric steps forward and screams at Jiri, "Flee fool, or your soul is forsaken!" Jiri Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 His weapon meanwhile strikes Taryn in the shoulder for a minor strike. Taryn takes 4 damage.

Jiri chuckles and shakes his head tossing a potion across the pit at the priest. Jiri Ranged Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Confirm Critical? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Acid Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 = 14

The cultist attacking Dev misses yet again but he is getting dangerously close to drawing blood.

The blast of light from behind this time strikes Viorr! Take 14 damage Viorr. I believe that puts you at 0.

Round 6 -
Dev - GO!
The Queen.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

Broulnindre ONLY:
You move slowly and quietly through these ruins having to be careful of your footing. You again come upon remains of creatures the like sof which you've not seen before a set of which look like four armed Goblins. You move past these and head towards the sounds of combat.

Finally you find a doorway wide open and beyond a fight. A few bodies in the robes of cultists are already on the floor as is a warforged and an elf. A large pit dominates the room and combatants fight all around it. One is a terrible large snake-like creature. None of the combatants notice you and for good reason! You have sight on the bottom of the map now. If you wish to intervene, roll Initiative and I will place you into the combat in Round 7.

The group pulls themselves up the rungs and gain hold of this vast room as Broulnindre heads south towards the sounds of fighting she believed she heard.

Do the rest of you explore this large room? You cannot see the far ends yet based on its size and your current light sources.


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon will look around searching for anything of note...

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev shifts quickly to his left, position the cultist between himself and the pit. Unable to get a clear shot through the melee, I really could use Precise Shot about now... he instead attempts to kick the cultist back into the pit.

Bull Rush, CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Woof. And this provokes...


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Damn cleric with Improved Trip! You're so evil! :P

"Vital Systems shutting down..."

Stabilise, -6 HP, Construct Resistance: 1d20 + 2 - 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 6 + 2 = 11

Big E's lights turn off and he falls to the ground with a noisy clank.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

No bardic knowledge unfortunately. Darkvision 120 feet though, so should be able to see a bit farther then the rest.

Frnak, why is your whatever she is now going alone? Is this intentional? Let me take a quick look around, then we can all follow. You're right Aerin, maybe someone needs help, but we should take caution i guess.

Helping Sharon to look around.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

@GM:
Definitely going to intervene ^^

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Looking into the room with the pit, Broulnindre hesitates a moment before deciding that the large snake is what she'd like to pounce on.

It is a fight, Franky. If you let me join, I won't try to make you look bad again. For a whole week at least!


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

With an audible click, Frank finishes cranking his heavy crossbow, he takes a few steps south and gestures in the same direction while looking at the others.
"My whatever-she-is ...is rather overprotective. And spoiling for a fight."
"She'll be fine."
Probably.

Frank suddenly looks south.
...Fine, just don't forget what happened the last time you moved over a hundred feet away, okay B?
"Maybe we should hurry anyway."

"Light" Frank says, as the light from the discarded rope ceases, seeming to move to his newly glowing crossbow.


Shadow's Status
Electric Eye wrote:
Damn cleric with Improved Trip! You're so evil! :P

I like to keep the villains a bit different, not the plain vanilla you would expect :-)


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Dev's opponent tales advantage of his gaffe and tries to stab him again but yet again the cultist proves he is fanatic but not much of a butcher as he misses Dev's meatsack once more.

tDB ONLY:
Cultist Dagger attack vs. Dev - Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3.
Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14
Queen - 31/54

The Queen attacks Taryn with renewed hatred in her eyes, Die Mortal. Her bite latches onto his shoulder and Taryn cries out in pain. Taryn at 4/22 HP.

Broulnindre Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.

Round 7

Jiri turns around and sees Viorr staggered, "Crap elf, we need you!" He rushes to his side and pours a potion down Viorr's gullet. CMW 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 8) + 7 = 16 - Viorr at 16 HP!

Taryn pulls back, leaving some flesh in the mouth of the creature and swings with his earthbreaker in an overhand chop grunting. Taryn Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Critical? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 No - Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Initiative Round 7
EE - Disabled No Action - Viorr - GO!
Cultists
Dev & Broulnindre
the Queen


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

While there is evidence of footsteps that have recently headed north and east through this rubble strewn space, up here the din of battle can be heard more clearly in the direction that Broulnindre explored to the south.

The action is 100' south through some rubble strewn terrain, 50' unimpeded movement and 50' of movement that would require slow movement or an Acrobatics check DC 15 to move through at full speed without receiving an injury. I will assume that the PCs in this group being moving towards the combat at the beginning of the current Round 7.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

lol, that's a lot of movement.
Oh well.
Frank will skip those DC15 checks and spend 4-6 move actions instead xD

Frank moves south, soon encountering difficult terrain.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Revitalized, Viorr tries to tear into the serpentine creature again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Viorr's arms, tired from the actions of the day simply cannot strike the serpent creature.

tDB ONLY:

Cultist # 2 vs. Dev 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cultist # 3 Draw and Move.
High Priest 19/26 HP w/ Shield of Faith.
Drink Potion CMW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Dev's clothing is cut by the Cultist, is his flesh far behind with one more strike?

The Cultist by the door attempts to use the item on his head once more but nothing happens, "Piece of junk!" He draws a dagger with a clear aim to hurry toward the action any moment.

The High Priest takes a moment of respite to drink a potion to heal the wound delivered to him by Jiri as his spirit weapon winks out of existence.

Initiative Round 7
Dev & Broulnindre - GO!
the Queen


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Seeing Frank leave as well into direction of the noise, Kana follows.

Hey! Wait, where you going? Switch off that light, everything can see us!

She's moving with ease through the terrain that slows up the rest.
I believe the Darklands stalker trait let's me move through difficult terrain underground without penalty.


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

"Go on ahead then.. we can't exactly go without it."
Zabeth shields the light emanating from her coin so it only provides illumination upon the ground where she is walking.

going slow through difficult terrain alongside Frank


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana looks back at Zabeth, realizing...
Ah right, i forgot that for a moment. You need the light...


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank rolls his eyes as he picks through the rubble with the help of his glowing crossbow.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

With a feral grin on her face, Aerin started hustling in the direction of the fight. She closed her fist to put out the light and vanished into the dark like the predator she was.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

A 3' tall creature bursts through the doorway.
She could probably pass for a buxom halfling, if halflings had clawed hands, overlapping silver scales, and far-too-numerous teeth.
She has a glowing red rune on her forehead that looks like three spears sticking up and out from a small triangle.

Not seeing a way around the humanoids, she goes for the robed figure closest to the pit first.
"Can Hy fight de snehk next?" she asks as she tries to spill the cultist's guts.

Attack (cultist): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage (B and S): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon sighs...reaches for something and stops..."No..not yet." she mumbles to herself as she follows along...


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

This. Is. Ridiculous. Dev thinks, trying again to knock the cultist back to no avail.

Bull rush: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

From nowhere the diminutive figure appears and trues to slash at the cultist who must be wearing armor under his robes as her/its? assault does no damage at all.

Dev's press against the Cultist fails once more.

The Queen strikes at Taryn and her fangs sink deep, the half-elf falls to his face gasping for air. Taryn is at -2 HP.

tDB ONLY:

Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
Queen - 31/54
Kana Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Initiative Round 8
EE, Taryn, Carduus - Disabled - Viorr - GO!
Cultists
Dev, Kana & Broulnindre
the Queen

Jiri curses and lays his hands on Viorr, "This'll help". CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - Viorr + 10 HP!

The balance of the group will be entering Initiative in Round 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Electric Eye, meanwhile, is in the ground, dreaming of electric sheep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr waves off Jiri. "Help Taryn or Eye!", he barks, wading in to attack again.

Sorry, i had not updated my status bar. I'm almost full. We shoudl get Taryn or Eye back into the fight.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

One day, I hope to roll above single digits...


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

The Queen is still too elusive for Viorr to strike.

That dice roller is really killing you Viorr!

tDB ONLY:

Cultist # 2 vs. Dev 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Cultist # 3 vs. Jiri 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
High Priest 19/26 HP w/ Shield of Faith - Cast Command on Dev.

The High Priest calls out to Dev with the force of his will, "Fall!". Dev make a Will save DC 14 or fall down.

The cultist dancing more than fighting with Dev takes yet anotehr mis-step and his stab with the dagger is closer to the newly arrived "halfling" than it is to Dev.

The cultist attacks the stubborn Dwarf, stabbing at him with a dagger. The strike is well placed, for the villains, as Jiri falls to the floor of the chamber. Jiri 0/19 HP.

Round 8
Dev, Kana & Broulnindre - GO!
the Queen


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

Broulnindre, frustrated that there's still a cultist in her way, tries to rip him apart in spite of her tiny claws.
"Mouf out uf my vay!"

Attack (cultist): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage (B and S): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Attack (cultist): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage (B and S): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Mh, wouldn't you be amused by him laying at your feet?

Kana moves up and casts hideous laughter on the High Priest. DC 17


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

What on Eberron is that little clawed...person?, Viorr thinks as he weaves around the Queen.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

We need you, Dev xD


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 "I think not," Dev says, struggling with the mental assualt but managing to stay on his feet, and striking out again at the Priest
Bull Rush (provokes): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
MY GOD.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Broulnindre's claws rake the hip of the Cultist but he does not fall. Dev resists the power of the Priest and tries to once more push him into the pit, unsuccessfully, as the Cultist answers back. Perhaps inadvertently, the Cultist manages to injure Dev with the slice. Dev, take 4 damage from the dagger slice.

From the northern hall enters yet another combatant, this one as well choosing the side of the mercenary band! With the cowls of the hood draped it is difficult to tell the race of this one but the voice is feminine and the power of magic is directed at the High Priest who shakes it off as if it were water from a duck's back.

The Queen turns her attention Viorr, her neck striking out with serpentic speed though elven alacrity negates what she thought a sure strike.

tDB ONLY:

Cultist AOO - Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 - Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
High Priest Will Save DC 17 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

the Queen Attacks! Viorr Bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11

-------

The new arrivals pick their way as quickly as they can through the gloom and rubble of this dungeon ignoring the architecture that surrounds them the sound of battle making the blood rush to their ears. What was a mission to find a thief appears to have turned into a life and death struggle. Several combatants have already fallen. Most noticeable of all in this melee is a creature with a sharp-featured humanoid head crowns the powerful, sinuous body of this snake-like monstrosity. On its side are the figures in dark robes, the others here, at least those two still standing are mercenaries or adventures you would wager.

NEW PCs Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 18:
This is a Bright Naga, it can utilize a gaze attack in addition to its own fearsome physical prowess, each is a unique and deadly monster.

NEW PCs Knowledge Religion DC 18:
They are adherents to the Cult of the Dragon Below.

-------

Initiative Round 9
EE, Taryn, Carduus - Disabled - Viorr - GO!
Cultists
Dev, Sharon, Aerin, Frank, Zabeth, Kana & Broulnindre
the Queen


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Zabeth's eyes narrow in disdain as she sees the cultists.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Aerin didn't know who the folks in the black robes were, but a bunch of people in black robes usually meant cultists or evil wizards. It was like a uniform or something.

"The ones in the bathrobes are the bad guys, right?" she asked just to be sure.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
crit damage?: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The newcomers may notice that the double-blade the elf is using is heavier, longer, straighter than the usual Valenar double scimitar. One of the reasons becomes apparent when, after dodging the fangs of his ophidian opponent, the elf leans his weight into a heavy thrust, a more difficult feat with a curved blade - finally driving steel home beneath the creature's scales.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Off by one again! Nuts! xD

"They seem to be helping the big scary snake, and B is the only good scaly monster I know of..."
Before remembering to take a shot, Frank gets distracted.
"Also how is the elf using those two long swords like-- OH, uhmm, nevermind."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Viorr has been in fights before, many, many fights. None like this, so many of his allies are down and this foe is simply so fast, despite her bulk her speed is impressive. So instead of going fast, he slows down. Then it happens, he catches the creature in the scales, she screams in pain, she does not fall, not yet but soon...

Having struck Dev, the cultist attacks him once more and once more narrowly misses.

Viorr finds himself flanked now by the second cultist who has a harder time hitting and elf than he did a dwarf!

The High Preist charges around the pit at Broulnindre issing her with his dark glowing mace.

tDB ONLY:

The Queen 21/54 HP
Cultist # 2 vs. Dev 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cultist # 3 vs. Viorr 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
High Priest 19/26 HP w/ Shield of Faith - Charge at Broulnindre 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 Damage 1d8 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (3, 6) + 2 = 14

Initiative Round 9
Dev, Sharon, Aerin, Frank, Zabeth, Kana & Broulnindre - GO!
the Queen


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

we were able to get up to where Kana is before the start of this round, yes?
Zabeth nods and replies "Cultists of the Dragon Below...." as she steps into the chamber.
She points a finger, and mutters a phrase at the furthest robed figure.
"Your allies are not what they seem."

casting murderous command at cultist on the far side of Viorr (Will save DC 15)


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours)

The intro seems to make more sense if we had just arrived in ...room 9? at the start of the round xD

Broulnindre continues to try to rip her way through the cultist between her and the large snake, trusting her slick scales, small size, and speedy movements to protect her from retaliation.

Attack vs cultist on her right: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage (S & B): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack vs cultist on her right: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage (S & B): 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank moves into position to fire through the open doorway.

Hey B, why aren't you swinging for the one that threw himself off balance?

Trying to avoid hitting his allies, he takes a shot at the cultist that just ran in swinging at Broulnindre.

Attack vs High Priest: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8 the -4 is for firing into melee without Precise Shot.
Also, I believe the High Priest takes -2 AC for charging and gets +4 AC from cover

Damage (P): 1d10 ⇒ 6


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon will double move up to join the combat...


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Aerin already has a Life Link active with everyone who she came here with. I'll add Viorre to the Link.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Aerin stayed in the shadows and watched the fight, picking out the elven warrior. It was a matter of moments to connect his spiritual energies to the network she'd already established.

Everyone in the Life LInk heals 5 HP (if they are down more than 5). Please let me know how much you heal.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

I guess someone moved the map, because quite some pics are in the wall? I don't really know who is what at the moment or where, so i will not move myself right now. Happy holidays btw.

Kana moves up ready to strike the next cultist, swinging a wicked looking chain, only instead of striking out she begins something like a dance, swinging the chain about and sings!
Sinister folks...in dark robes...abandon all your hopes!
See my chain and prepare for pain, you're all so vain.

You might have guessed it, this is meant to be inspire courage +1


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

That'd make a good dirge of doom too xD


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Rags, did you invite the company?!" Dev yells, pleasantly surprised and a little confused at the recent arrivals. "Nice enough folks, good sense of who the murdering cultists are and all that."

Sidestepping, he slips back between Carduus abd falls silent, his eyes glowing as he rests a finger to his head.

five foot step, full Rd to regain focus.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Ooops! Someone moved the map, no worries, I fixed it!

Zabeth's spell cannot overcome the fanaticism of the Cultist, [b"You lie! More interlopers, you shall all be flung into the pit!"[/b]

Broulnindre frenzied attacks are too much for the Cultist to take, he collapses in a pool of blood, his breathing shallow. Frank takes a shot at the High Priest but his concern for his Eidolon throws his aim far off and the missile sails into the pit harmlessly.

The rest of the group moves into the room, their numbers may overwhelm these villains but will it be enough to stop this horrid creature from the depths?

Dev gains a breather from these new allies? If they were summoned by Carduus he is still under the effects of the powers of the Creature and cannot act or speak to answer.

the Queen continues her attack on Viorr as she realizes now that she must deal with him quickly as reinforcements for these intruders have arrived. The Elf sidesteps with ease.

tDB ONLY:
Cultist Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Success!
the Queen Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 = 13

Initiative Round 10
EE, Taryn, Carduus - Disabled - Viorr - GO!
Cultists
Dev, Sharon, Aerin, Frank, Zabeth, Kana & Broulnindre
the Queen

101 to 150 of 1,220 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.