Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


401 to 450 of 1,211 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

I feel the journey is part of the adventure. However, if lives are on the line, expediency is paramount. I am ready to depart when the rest of you are.


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]
GM the Dragon Below wrote:

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

** spoiler omitted **

Though she tries to act as she thinks a prisoner should - to maintain a cold, aloof facade - Meridian's curiosity overcomes her, "Why is everything covered in this .. what is it, ice? glass?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's

Mickey shakes his head, "I'd leave the pony behind my friend. It will just slow you down where you are going and the stables in Rhukaan Draal are as likely to sell mounts for food as they are to take care of them.

I'm heading there now, I am a bit of a slow mover so I'll need that much time just to get to the damned Citadel. Whoever wishes to can join me".

Put a shopping list and the amount of coin you spent OOC and I'll fast forward us to the Citadel now.

I do not think you can assume that you would have shopped for provisions for a journey that would have taken this long, especially a Warforged that doe snot need food or drink!

---

The Citadel

At the appointed time the adventurers arrive in front of the Citadel with Mickey and those of your companions that decided to take the leisurely stroll with him.

Located on the Middle Central Plateau the Citadel sits among the homes of the Dragon marked families. It contains an abundance of foreign ambassadors and a significant amount of security armed to the teeth. This is one Ward where starting a fight you will find it ending quickly, and badly, for you.

The abundant wealth of this area of the city does not quite rival that of higher Wards but in terms of pure political power across Khorvaire perhaps no Ward can rival Middle Central.

People move to and fro at a frenetic pace as you walk through the plateau. Except for sentinel like guards at front gates and doors of buildings and manses, no one stands still.

In addition to the Dragonmarked Houses and the Citadel, this plateau also house many Guildhalls, a large Marketplace, some Professionals and many Temples.

Watch members at the front portcullis have been eyeing your ever growing crowd and when the last of you arrive their curiosity has gotten the better of them one of them wearing the Royal insignia of the crown approaches, "Citizens, while Sharn is a free city loitering outside of the Citadel is frowned upon for what I should think are obvious reasons. If you have no business, please move along".


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet:
Garrow smiles at Meridian, "A curious one. I like that.

I do not know the answer. I suspect that it was some sort of affliction that fell upon this place on the Day of Mourning.

I appreciate curiosity, do you wish to see what it is that I have uncovered that I am sure your employers sent you here to find? We have time before the rest of our group arrive and we set out to recover the artifact".


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]
GM the Dragon Below wrote:

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

** spoiler omitted **

The Quarry:
Meridian cocks her head at Garrow in a decidedly non-human gesture, "I am interested to see this, yes, but why would you share that information with me? Unless you do plan to kill us..."

Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Knowledge Check to determine the weather and climate in Rhukaan Draal.
kn:geography: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25
Kana would buy clothing and other equipment matching the climate zone in Rhukaan Draal as well as some food and water rations. Also enough arrows and perhaps some scrolls or a wand, have to check that later.

Spellcraft upthread: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 = 23

Unfortunately that sending won't work that way. We would need to know the person and it would also reach only one person. We could use a scroll of sending to have us teleported back though, somehow...


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sorry this went quicker than I predicted...but back up a second

Sharon quietly responds to Kana's question,"Yes. Her name is Lil...she also handles the customers at the shop...I am not that good with people..."

Sharon will go home to let L il know what is going on and that she will be away for bit...than the store will probably close for a little bit.

Sharon hurriedly get to the the Citadel her hair slightly messed up and her clothes a little out of sort.

She mumbles and out of breath,"Sorry I am a little late."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank makes arrangements for his donkey in his absence before showing up at the agreed meeting spot.

---

Frank watches Sharon show up slightly out of order.
Saying goodbye to the Mrs.?

While thinking of a way to trigger her bashfulness, he notices the guards show up and remembers that he has more important things to attend to.
"We have business, we were just waiting for the final member of our group to arrive." Frank gestures at the newly arrived and still slightly-out-of-breath Sharon.
"Perhaps you can help us too, would you know of a fellow by the name of Sul? We were hoping he could help us with a... an errand."
Frank looks to the others for confirmation.

Maaaaybe Frank is stretching the definition of errand a bit, should I roll bluff with my +3? xD


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr will grab a couple of things and meet them at the Citadel.

I'll have a list in OOC in the next day or so.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Arin did a bit of shopping on the way to their destination, but she seemed to be packing light.

I can make water, and use Survival for food, and I carry all the camp supplies I need. All I need are a few Consumable magic items. I'm ready.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - The Citadel

Weather and climate in Rhukaan Draal. Darguun is south east of Breland. During this time of year it is even warmer than Breland being late Spring.

No Bluff required here.

The Guard seems a bit taken aback, "Sul? Very well, I'll show you to a room in the Citadel and inform him of your arrival, whom should I say is calling?"

Mickey P. chimes in, "Tell him Flamethrower is here".

The Guard grins, "Damn, sorry Mickey, I didn't recognize you! Geez, you're a mess".

Mickey shrugs, "War is hell".

The Guard nods, "And so it is".

He leads your motley crew through the gates of the Citadel wherein you find a platoon of soldiers drilling in a tight phalanx formation in the courtyard.

"I thought the War was over", Mickey states.

The Guard retorts, "It is but the fighting rages on and only a fool fails to prepare for every contingency".

Mickey spits on the ground in disgust.

The Guard says nothing further and leads you into the Citadel proper and finds a large bare walled room to place your group in. Fresh maps of Khorvaire cover the walls including the area now known as the Mournland where Cyre used to be.

"Damn, it's big", whispers Mickey staring at it.

Just then Sul enters, he is a a slight built human male with a receding hairline and dull grey eyes. He wears a set of pajamas and not the typical wizard's robes you are used to seeing on what is rumored to be such a powerful figure but he does wield a staff.

Mickey blinks, "Damn that was fast".

Sul chuckles, "Magic! So tell me, two years plus since I've seen you. What the Devil is so important?"

"One of my men is in danger".

"Come again? The War is over are you senile Mickey?"

"No no, he's a mercenary, he's in Darguun in trouble".

Sul grimaces, "Mickey, Breland cannot assist in this the peace accords..."

"No, I just need some magic form you. You owe me. I'll pay for it".

Sul seems troubled but does not respond yet...


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE stays silent while Mickey and Sul talk. He doesn't know anything about the two, and can't probably add up something useful to the conversation.


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet:
Garrow scoffs, "If I wanted you dead i could kill you right now. These fools are loyal and fanatic but not very bright.

I've not had anyone of true intellectual curiosity in some time".

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet Sense Motive DC 18

spoiler:
Garrow is not lying but he is not telling the entire truth either.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev stays silent at EE's side, though it obviously takes a lot more for him than his mechanical friend. Dev jitters with nervous and excited energy, biting his lip to hold back his questions for Sul while Mickey talks.

'I wonder what sort of mysteries he's solved, and what deeps he's delved...? That man knows things,' he thinks.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank, for better or (more likely) for worse, can't quite stay quiet like Dev or Electric Eye
"Peace accords? We're just on an errand to the area to... pick up some friends. The peace accords don't ban privately hired help from traveling a bit quicker than usual, does it?"


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Staying quiet was Aerin's default state. She wasn't averse to talking. She just usually didn't. Like now, for instance. She didn't think saying anything would help, so she kept her mouth shut.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Sense Motive(Unskilled): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Gauntlet taunts the man.

"With no respect I can say...You would not recognize true intellect if it walked right up to you and bit you on the face."


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

Meridian, Pink Eye and Gauntlet:
Garrow smiles, "But I am smart enough to not get caught by someone I believe myself superior to... consider that creature.

Come now Dragon woman or stay here in chains".


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - The Citadel

Sul turns to Frank, "No, I suppose they do not. I cannot assist you once you are there though. You will be on your own.

Very well Mickey, I shall aid you and we shall be even. Next time, I'll make you pay, for all of my drinks". He grins.

"Come on then, I will bring you all to the Teleportation room that I have created. Where in Darguun does your party wish to go?"

Mickey responds as Sul ushers you out of the private quarters and into a hallway filled with Tapestries of Breland's history, "Rhukaan Draal. They have to meet a contact there that will take them to the Rose Quarry".

Sul stops walking and turns, "The Rose Quarry?"

Mickey almost stumbles Sul stopped so suddenly, "Yeah why did you say it like that?"

Sul replies, "That's close to the Mournlands... nevermind. Let's go".

He continues walking in silence and Mickey stares at his back, the look on his face says he wants to speak but he is holding back.

After a brisk walk through the back halls of the first floor of the Citadel passing by a few curious Guards you arrive at a door that is warded. Sul speaks an arcane phrase and the door unlocks.

"Draw your weapons if you would please, I have a teleport redirect in place and I've not checked in a bit, there could be hostiles trapped within..."


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE stays silent during the whole conversation, even after hearing about these Mournlands.

When asked to draw his weapon, he does so, thrilled about the possibility of a fight. Last time it didn't went well, even if they won, but this time his old rapier is better prepared.

<Ready to go.>


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Weapons already, huh? Haven't even arrived...
Frank draws the darkwood crossbow slung over his back and turns the reloading crank as fast as he can. Eventually he places a bolt in the flight groove and points his weapon at the doors.
"Ready whenever you are."

a move action followed by a full round action followed by a readied action. I think that requires three rounds, technically xD


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana grabs her bow and is ready to nock an arrow.
Could you specify what that means, there could be hostiles? And what is your backup there? Is it far away from the original destination? And what about those Mournlands? Is being near there a problem? This sounds like a clichee, as soon as a wizard is involved, everything comes with a second side to it. At least i hope they appreciate good music there.


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth smiles as Kana delivers a flurry of questions before addressing Sul...
I take it you mean there may be hostiles within the teleportation chamber?
She grips her cane and stands ready.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - The Citadel

Sul gestures at the door and smiles at Kana saying, "Yes". As if that was a sufficient answer to her barrage of questions. The door swings open and the room is, thankfully, empty. In the middle of this 40' by 40' room is a large circle made of arcane runes covering much of the floor. Nothing else resides within.

Sul enters and mutters more arcane gibberish.

"Please enter. I have disabled the re-direct.

This is a matter of grave secrecy so I can tell you no more about it other than the fact that it operates to protect certain areas of the city. I have spent the last tenday working on expanding the scope and the protections within this room. Sharn was not built in a day and neither is this pet project of mine.

This circle is designed to teleport a substantial amount of people and goods to wherever the wizard directing the spell decides they should arrive. Within the boundaries of the spell and abilities of the spellcaster of course.

You must be newly arrived from Xen'Drik if you've not heard of the Mournland my dear.

The Mournland is the shattered remnants of the nation of Cyre, lost to a cataclysm in a single day known as the Day of Mourning. No one knows if the catastrophe was caused by a weapon from an enemy nation or a doomsday device of Cyre’s own design. Regardless, Cyre was no more. This single blast brought the war to an end.

Now a dead-gray mist hugs the borders of the Mournland, creating a barrier that only occasionally offers a glimpse of the desolation and devastation inside. Beyond the mist, this battle-scarred region remains a grim memory of the Last War, cloaked in perpetual twilight. Like a wound that will not heal, the land is broken and blasted. In some places the ground has fused into jagged glass. In others, it is cracked and burned and gouged. Broken bodies of soldiers from various sides litter the landscape—soldiers whose dead bodies refuse to decompose. The Mournland is, quite literally, a vast open grave. In the Mournland, the wounds of war never heal, vile magical effects linger, and monsters mutate into even more foul and horrible creatures. Arcane effects continue to rain upon the land like magical storms that never dissipate.

We... would like to know more about the Mournland beyond the little we do know. Specifically what could have triggered the explosion that created it and we are working on that.

Being near there is less of a problem, well for me, and more of an opportunity. However, you have a mission to complete. Go ahead and step inside the circle. I can send you either to Rhukaan Draal or the Rose Quarry as I know both well enough".

Mickey P opens his mouth and then closes it, "Damn, I hadn't thought that was a possibility".


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Expend Focus, Free Wild Surge, Inertial Armor: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Enervated on a 1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

ML+2=5
Armor bonus +5 for 5 hours.

Before they enter, Dev's eyes roll back and he glows all-over as he concentrates, not bothering to try and suppress the display from his power as he lets the energy surge through his mind, manifesting as a protective later of force before shipping from view.

He's relieved a moment later that they've not been surprised by whomever might have been in the room, but also a tad disappointed that he won't get to see what exactly Sul would've done to handle it.

"So, right to the quarry then? Any reason 'not' to, Mick?"


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

At the Quarry:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.
Meridian contemplates for a few moments before nodding and rising to her feet, "I am rather curious what all of this is about."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Blade in hand, Viorr nods his readiness.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Aerin drew her crescent-shaped blade and spun it on one finger before grabbing it again. She grinned ferally. "Ready."


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon takes out two vials and gives a small nod of readieness...


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - The Citadel

Mickey shifts his weight off of his bad leg and leans against the wall, "Well, if you head to the Quarry you'd more likely be able to assist my friend and his allies quickly but you won't know exactly what you are waling into if you do that.

If you head to Rhukaan Draal and find the contact we may lose precious time but will gain vital intelligence.

As it's your rescue operation folks, I leave it up to you.

Folks... hmm, your group needs a moniker".

Sul turns to you all, "Alright adventurers, step into the circle and tell me where you wish to go".


Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago

The Priest escorts Meridian from the ruined building leaving Gauntlet and Pink-Eye under the eye of the guards who step outside and chat in whispers.

Meridian ONLY:
Garrow walks you to a building you only glimpsed from the outside during the battle.

This large building, constructed of walls of red marble, has the engraved symbol of an anvil and gorgon carved into the keystone above the arched doorway—the symbol of House Cannith. While the outer walls are intact, little else is left of the building. The roof, doors, and upper floors have been reduced to cinders and rubble. Light can be seen glowing from deep inside the building.

The large 50-foot-wide chamber has been cleared of most of the rubble and glass you’ve seen throughout the rest of the village. The floor emerges from the shattered glass, formed from red marble and decorated with an embossed design.

Two soldiers linger within and eye you and the Priest as you enter but say nothing.

The large chamber contains a few enormous blocks of rough red stone. This place was probably where the marble was shaped, polished, and prepared for shipping. Large fireplaces occupy the center of the north, south, and west walls, each made of a different type of stone: red stone for the north, white stone for the south, and black stone for the west fireplace. In front of each fireplace is a symbol.

Six statues stand around the room, two to each side of one of the fireplaces. The floor of the chamber features a detailed map of central Khorvaire showing the nations of Aundair, Cyre, Karrnath, Thrane, and Breland. While cities, topographical features, and even major mines are shown in bas relief on the map, no text identifies the locations.

The statues depict a dragon and a lion carved from red marble, a wolf and a falcon carved from white marble, and an armored knight and a griffon carved from black marble.

Garrow smiles, "By all means, inspect the room, tell me what you think".


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana looks at the wizard in surprise.
Xen'Drik? How? Mh.
She doesn't seem to be pleased that her disguise has been seen through...

A moniker for our group is a good idea. I'll come up with something heroic! And i'm ready.
She still has the bow drawn and an arrow notched, stepping into the circle.

How far is the quarry from Rhukaan Draal exactly and what might the obstacles in between be? I would tend to gain that intelligence.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

<Would vote for intelligence too, if would give us an advantage> EE comments. <No point in knowing it'll rain if don't have an umbrella.>


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

"I might be alone in being ready for anything, but I vote quarry.
Also, how about Frank's Fighters?"
Frank suggests arrogantly.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Frank's Fighters? I bet your fiancee would see that differently. The Sakura Company would be a good name. Or Sakura Squad! It would bring luck and good fortune, as well as sound heroic.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"The Black Cats. Don't make us cross your path," Aerin suggested.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev spends a moment mediating, building up a highly pressured well of energy in his mind, as he regains psionic focus.

"I'm in favor of going right to the quarry, truth be told. You never know what the extra time in captivity means for those we're trying to save. Could be the difference-maker...."

"Oh, and a name? It needn't make sense: anything fun will do..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Dev's Deviants? Aerin's Athletes? Kana's Kickassers? Fearsome Frank's Femme Fatales...&Gang? Electric Eye Company? =)


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon say quietly,"I kinda like black cats...


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Electric Eye Orchestra! xD


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth nods in agreement with Dev.
"I can certainly see the benefit of each choice, but I would prefer to get to them as quickly as possible."


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

The Black Cats sounds good. Most of you are pretty pale for it, but doesn't really matter. The Purple Cats sounds very good as well and is a bit more ... memorable. Although i get your reference to local superstitions Aerin. Anyone else for "The Purple Cats"?

She clears her throat shortly, then continues.

When you all agree on the name i think we can start! Onward into the unknown, just outside of the rose quarry, where adventure and great deeds await, to bring freedom to those in captivity. May we return successfully.

Kana looks at the wizard, giving him a signal with her hand.
Make it so!


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank just chuckles and shakes his head, his still armed heavy crossbow pointing up and slightly back over his shoulder.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Twenty Eighth Day of Dravago - The Citadel

Sul nods, "To the Quarry then.

You shall arrive on the outskirts of the quarry

Good luck to you all".

The Group steps into the teleportation circle. Mickey waves at you all. Soon the intoning of Sul's magic is all that can be heard followed by a sickening lurch and a soft pop.

Instantaneously, you are elsewhere. The wall of dead-gray mist that forms the border of the Mournland can be seen in the distance. A vast plateau, bounded to the west by a narrow canyon, stretches before you. The quarry extends for at least a mile, and the nearby village spreads across the plateau—at least, what’s left of it. Anything made of wood has been burned to cinders, leaving a handful of stone facades, rock foundations, and chimneys behind. Though warm weather surrounds you, the village appears covered in a layer of ice that glitters in the sun light.

Below, you see smoke from some campfires in two distinct locations. Men move to and fro among the ruins. Your group has not been spotted, yet. However, if you do not take cover up here or head down to the ruins quickly you may well be seen.

Perception checks all around please, different scores will reveal different things about the camp and its environs. I will add the current team to the map today.


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Kana supresses a retch, her face some tones lighter than usual.
Is this something one gets used to?

We should probably take covers somehow.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Aerin immediately crouched and moved to cover.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

I can choose 3 targets for my Life Link, but they have to stay within 30 feet of me. Who wants it?


Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

The Quarry - Pre-Arrival:
Meridian nods to the cleric and looks around the room. With a brief word and gesture, the auras of magic become clear to her sight.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24.
Knowledge(history) untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 13.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Startled by the sudden transition, Frank immediately drops prone and looks around for cover.


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

What is the life limk?

401 to 450 of 1,211 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.