Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


1 to 50 of 1,136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

EE Re-Roll - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

EE manages this time to strike his foe and guts the creature and it gasps falling to the ground dropping its battleaxe to the floor in a clang.

Taryn steps into the next four armed creature his face bordering on fury.
Earthbreaker Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 - Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12.

The Earthbreaker comes down in an overhead swing splattering the creature its bows falling at the feet of Taryn.

Jiri grunts, "Damn, don't damage those bows, I think they're the first special things we've found down here. They came from the south. I'd wager that's where we should go next".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev kicks away gingerly the dead arms of the creature and retrieved the bows, inspecting one closely with his jeweler's eyes, scanning for detail and workmanship. "Not too shabby; not a wood worker myself but they don't look too bad. What do you think, Jirri, magical?"

I'll detect psionics on them in case...

"Either way, South seems right enough Mr Bomb, but I'd appreciate a handful of minutes to recover some energy. I'm close to spent."

Ten minutes before continuing would be great, and give me another fully augmented manifestation in the next combat. Without it I've only got the one PP left...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Big E cleans his sword. "South path fitting. North path fitting. West path fitting. Running assessment."

Trying to get an idea through one of these skills:
Kn Engineering +8
Kn Dungeoneering +8
Survival +5

Roll+Inspiration: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (6) = 15 Inspiration not spent in Kn rolls


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

"Anybody hurt and need healing?" asks Carduus gruffly.

Taryn grimaces at Dev, "My cousin and my brother may well be down here and that may well be where theya re now, enslaved..."

Jiri cracks his neck, "They might also be dead pal. Hate to be the barer of bad news but if you want to find em' or get vengeance for em' we all outta be in tip top shape ya' know?"

EE assesses the scene and concludes that its probbale that the dwarf's assessment is correct. Your group already has been north and the defenses we not nearly this stiff.

South seems to be the best chance at finding any answers down here, assuming there are any answers to find.

I'll assume the grup takes 10. If anyone needs healing let me know and I'll have Carduus Channel a bit to get everyone back up as full as possible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

"Most probable direction to problems: South. Heading there."

EE starts to check the way.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"My injuries are catching up with me.."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"I wouldn't say no to a little pickmeup, Rags. I don't think things'll be getting any easier, that's for sure. Let's take all the help we can get..."

After they've rested a bit, Dev acknowledges his ready-to-go status.

A channel would be nice, I'm a bit low on HP, too. Ready to go south.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Carduus channels energy restoring the health of the party.

Channel 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

---

Taryn leads the group south and at the end of a long, rubble-filled passage, a large room opens out. Two huge stone sarcophagi stand in state before a hideous stone statue depicting some kind of slime or ooze covered in eyes and mouths and full of protruding bones. In the wall opposite, a heavy iron door stands closed beside another statue of a tentacled humanoid. Ahead, across more rubble-strewn floor, a passageway seems to lead into another room.

Carduus notes the, "Identity of the creature depicted by the statue behind the sarcophagi is a depiction of the “Eater of the Dead,” a gibbering mouther-like creature these goblins believed would welcome the dead to an eternity of madness. The other statue is another dolgaunt. I bet these would fetch a decent price from an antiquity dealer, if we were so inclined to lug the damned things all the way out of the Cogs".

Taryns hushes him as he hears soft chanting, which you all now pick up coming from the south...

There is also a door to the east but that is closed. Taryn motions to the south hall. He seems pretty eager to go.

Actions?


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Best to deal with those we know are here..."" Viorr whispers, moving into place near the south door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Well then, let's shake things up a bit!" Dev whispers with excitement. Now that he's taken the time to build up his mental energy, he can feel it pushing at his control, begging to be released.

"If you could let me get this shot off before charging, I'd be much obliged, gents. Let's do this."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Even though he feels they could be leaving important things behind, the rest seem set on opening the south door, and so is what EE does.

"Proceeding."

He stands just beside and checks if the door's open.

If it is, EE will open it, If not, he would need to pick the lock.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

The walls of this room are lined with small shelf-like alcoves. Bones are visible within some of them, dry and brown with age. Two statues face each other from opposite corners of the room, depicting leering fiends
of some sort, with huge fangs and sharp-looking claws. A large iron door stands ajar to the south. The chanting comes from this area and is getting louder as you all approach. Shadows dance as it seems the further room is illuminated by torches, you suspect that the dancing torchlight is being caused by this magic, whatever it is, what sort of wind could emanate so far down in the Cogs?

The door is not wide open, make a stealth check to get close enough to look in without being spotted. Success of course will grant the party a view of the next room and likely a surprise round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

EE, I put you near the door if you wish to pick the lock, proceed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - Underlook District - the Heroes Rest Inn

A Metropolis such as the fantastic City of Towers is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in all of Khorvaire. As such it draws its citizens and visitors from across continents far and wide. This is how the current odd assortment of individuals have found themselves at a table in the Heroes Rest.

Aerin Aurora who has given few clues about her past, Kana Cherryblossom from exotic Xen'drik whose cloak is pulled so close it is hard to tell if it is the shadows of the room or her skin which hint at darkness within, Frank Engel who claims to be from everywhere and claims to have been to everywhere, Madam Zabeth Skoata of the now desolate Cyre, and Sharon Goldtree, the lone local of the group.

Each answered an ad in the Sharn Inquisitive placed by one Mickey P. A procurer of adventuring contracts. It seems this Mickey P. is in the market for a band of new but experienced recruits.

As you all take a seat at the table in the designated place at the designated time you meet Mickey P. He is a middle-aged human veteran of the Last War and has a bad leg that appears to cause him pain as he winces while shifting to get in a more comfortable position.

"Thank you all for coming, before I hire you all on to crew my next job, I'd like ta' know a bit more about all of ya".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

From under the closely pulled cloak you hear a melodic voice speaking with a hint of a foreign accent:
Hello, my name is Kana.

There's an uncomfortable pause.

Before you ask, i'm not from here. In fact, i'm from a place far away, a very civilized place. Usualy i'm in the entertainment business, but i also study foreign cultures. That's why i'm here. Yes that's why i'm here.

Another pause.

Maybe i need some coin on the side. You'll find that i have many talents and am a great addition to any endeavor. Indeed. I could sing you a song about it, but maybe another time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

A middle-aged woman in flowing red, black, and silver silk robes with a serene smile bows her head in greeting.
She introduces herself with a slightly theatrical demeanor...
"I am Zabeth... healer, prognosticator... I often serve as a liaison.. an intermediary between those of the spirit world and our own." Her silver bracelets clink as she gesticulates, and a pot-bellied dark blue bird flits over onto her shoulder. "While I may not have a great deal of experience as an adventurer-for-hire, I am quite confident my talents be of use."

The bird on her shoulder chirps, then speaks with a delicate lilting voice... "Me too."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Did that bird just talk? Maybe I've had too much to drink... or too little

Frank finishes taking a drink and puts down his tankard.
"Oh, my turn?" Frank wipes his mouth off on his sleeve while clearing his throat "Before I start, I'd like to apologize for Broulnindre not being here. She doesn't like cloaks and her, ah, visage might frighten the other patrons. Speaking for the both of us, then: we've been searching far and wide for gold and glory for a few years now."
"When it comes to a brawl, I try to keep her out of it; usually I'll summon a distraction and make a hasty retreat and/or spring an ambush, but with you guys around I 'spose we don't need to run away so often."
"Out of combat, you won't find a finer scout or lock-pick than Broulnindre. For my part, I've been around and I know a few things about a lot of things, not to mention I've got a few tricks up my sleeve."
"I'll add that I'm not used to working with a big team, but I look forward to the change of pace. Pleased to make everyone's acquaintance
--Cheers!"
Frank adds enthusiastically, soon followed by another swig of ale.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"Not much to tell about me. My name's Aerin. I don't have much of a past worth talking about. Boring, mostly. I'm a healer. I keep these ruffians alive." Aerin said with a smile and a shrug. "Sometimes it's a harder job than it sounds."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE moves quietly to the door, trying not to attract unwanted attention. Then he uses his tools to work his magic... or tries, at least.

Stealth, Inspiration: 1d20 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 2 + (6) = 21
Disable, Inspiration: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3) = 12

And that's why, kiddoes, a full armored guy shouldn't pretend to be a rogue :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon is young elf with long white hair and pale skin. She is beutiful...but does not know it. She seems very uncomfortable with everybody staring at her...after almost squirming in her chair she says in a quiet voice,

"Um...my names is Sharon...um...I am a alchemist and a um...scholar. i...um guess I can throw bombs...I um can avoid people...so don't worry...um...if things get bad I can um...get my Dark Twin...she is good in situation like that..."

As she speaks she blushes more and more finally trailing off.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr moves toward the door as quietly as he can, trying to get a glimpse of what's next..

stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev and Jirri follow Double-E, and assist with the door...

Disable,Dev: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Disable,Jirri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Stealth,Dev: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Despite the assist from Dev and Jiri EE triggers the trap and a spike from the floor erupts under foot and strikes EE. Take 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage.

The door does open thereafter, so silver lining. The room within is a shambles and stinks, "Grimlocks, worse than Goblins". exclaims Jiri. There is a jumbled mess of furs, mining tools, rubble from the crumbling walls and ceiling, and a number of silver coins scattered across the floor in no apparent order. A statue in the far right corner
of the room depicts some kind of tentacled worm.

Ass EE and Kiri contemplate whether to enter, Carduus approaches EE, "Geez, do I have to repair you again?"

---

Meanwhile, Dev and Viorr head to the door and peer within.

A yawning pit, some twenty feet wide, dominates the center of this room. Around it, four runic circles are carved in the stone, relics of some ancient ritual practice. The room itself is not quite square, the walls refusing to run in straight lines. Four of the corners of the room hold grotesque statues depicting humanlike creatures with handsome faces but clothed in hideous chitin armor. A single door leads out of the room, to the left of the entrance.

Around the pit are the tied up and gagged bodies of Dharakk and Rission, Taryn's cousin!

The sound emanating from the room is the chanting of the cultists. Comprised of six hooded figures and a huge creature the stuff of nightmares. Its sharp-featured humanoid head crowns the powerful, sinuous body of this snake-like monstrosity.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 18:
This creature is a Naga.

Good thing Taryn is hanging back else he might charge right in!

"What do you see asks Taryn?"

Actions?

I'll update the map later, fading a bit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - Underlook District - the Heroes Rest Inn

Mickey P. grins, "Great. Multi talented. That's good news, around here, we need multi-talented.

The last batch that I had for hire is out of the town on a big job. They'll be away for a while so now that I have something else I need someone else. That'll be all o'you.

Got a customer needs to get a medallion er amulet back. Truth be told, he's a bit of a sketchy character. Smooth talker and well dressed but I know shifty when I see it. Still, he has a heavy sack of coins for anyone who can help him track this amulet down.

The amulet is pure gold, on the front of the amulet is a runic inscription that reads '3 turns right, 3 turns left, 1 right, and push!'

He believes a thief stole it and sold it down in the Cogs. I have a lead on where the guy might have ended up. The bad news is that before I could assemble you all, a group was sent to an area near there. The good news is that it was for a different reason. So we may still be able to make some gold on this deal.

The job is recover the weird gold amulet. The job pays 15 gold a person and you get to keep whatever else you find down there, that means you ain't got to split it with me or with our nameless employer.

Deal?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank leans forward as he responds "sounds easy enough, I'm in."

and I definitely like the sound of keeping anything else we find...

Frank finishes his mug of ale quickly, assuming that they'll want to leave right away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

"I am in."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"I go where they go." Aerin smiled.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Mh not much, but sounds good. Maybe there are good chances to earn some side coin in the taverns down there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth tips her head toward Kana “True.. fifteen gold is not much, however.. I have a good feeling about this. I am in as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - Underlook District - the Heroes Rest Inn

"Terrific. There is a place down there called the Rat's Market. Ask for the whereabouts of a man named Nym. Tell whoever asks more that you have a debt to pay to him and you finally raised the coin to pay him back.

Any other answer might give the impression you are looking for him and they might play you false.

If Nym has associates who seem dangerous, don't fight it out, this job doesn't pay enough for that. Intimidating him into giving the amulet back, or finding out what he did with it is all we are being paid to do. Got it?

You all need a guide to get down there?

Nyalan is a guy I've used before and he owes me one more favor..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Find the guy, get the amulet or find out what happened to it and no fights, got it.

Kana whistles and looks around.
I'm ready to go. A guide might be quicker, but i think we're able to find our own way or ask around for it, what the rest say? Any locals from there?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon nervously raises her hand...

"I am a local...but I really don't know the cogs that well."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank shoves his empty mug to the middle of the table "Know 'em well enough to find the Rat's Market that our new boss just mentioned?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon seems to shrink under the stares of everyone as she nervously plays with a alchemist bottle...

"I think I can...I don't usually go down there though my girlfriend Lil handles any business down there...but I have been down there once."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Well then let's go and find this guy!

Already leaving, Kana looks at Mickey P.
Thanks for the drinks... and points at the table, where several empty mugs stand.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4
GM the Dragon Below wrote:


"What do you see asks Taryn?"

"There is good news, there is...other news." Viorr replies quietly, then describes the scene to his colleagues.

SOrry, the forum monster ate a much longer post...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev stays uncharacteristically silent at the sight, allowing Taryn a brief time to process.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:
Kana Cherryblossom wrote:

"Well then let's go and find this guy!"

Already leaving, Kana looks at Mickey P.
"Thanks for the drinks..." and points at the table, where several empty mugs stand.

"Thanks Mickey." Frank also gets up.

"I'll meet you guys out front. I just need to grab Caladrel in case we find something heavy." Frank buys some fodder and stuffs it into his donkey's pack saddle before returning to the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

"Oh...okay...uh...I guess follow me." Sharon will nervously lead the group into the Cogs...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Very good.. lead on.” Zabeth curtsies farewell to Mickey before turning to follow.
So.. it seems we need to be deceptive in order to glean his whereabouts from those in the Rat’s Market. Then.. we are to employ intimidation with Nym. Any among us particularly skilled in those two endeavors? Deception and intimidation that is....

She then adds “I myself am fairly capable in telling a convincing lie, but if anyone else feels equally up to task....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

As the group heads off in pursuit of both easy coin and The Cogs, Frank ends up responding to Madam Zabeth Skoata first.
"I could wing it in a pinch."

Frank turns to Kana Cherryblossom "Hey, Kana was it? Are you as scary as your cousins from the deep 'n' dark?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana turns around after that question, eyes sparkling at Frank.

My name is Kana yes. I don't know who you mean with my scary cousins though. I don't know anyone living deep'n'dark. You sure you're not confusing something there?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

The twinkle in her eye causes Frank to shrink back ever so slightly.
No relations...? Wait.

"Fine, Xen'Drik then. I've heard rumors involving jungles... and tunnels..."
"terrifying rumors..."

Frank stares off into space a moment before clearing his throat loudly.
"I'll take that as a no."

He looks around a moment before spotting Aerin Aurora "How about you Aerin? Can you scare ruffians in addition to keeping them alive?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Rumors about jungles? Well Xen'Drik mainly consists of jungles. And tunnels seem to be everywhere on this world, aren't they? There's some mountains and plains in between. But the jungles of Xen'Drik are a wonderful place, full of live and beauty. Probably you fell victim to some storytellers wild tales who hasn't even been there, like ever. Or maybe some cowardly merchants who never were in a real jungle before. They're a bit more lively than most of your forests here. Intimidated by the most harmless flaura and fauna. My people keep the real origins of elven culture up there, a highly advanced culture even though aeons old!

She looks around.
Speaking of intimidation, it seems most over here think i'm too lovely to be really intimidating. I can surely try, but i guess i have to practice that a bit more in accordance to local customs.

That said, if you excuse me for a moment, perhaps i should try to fit in and look more like a local.
She strides off to the next restroom, grabbing her beauty kit.

Disguise: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

As she comes back she looks pretty much like a coy elf maiden.
Sorry can't change avatar pic at the moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank looks a bit sheepish after getting some real facts, but he soon starts to look a bit grumpy.
...must've wanted all the treasure for himself, that no good greedy...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

You make your way past the inhabited middle towers into the sparsely populated lower levels. The light of the upper levels is non-existent here, though some window slits and sputtering torches give off pallid pools of light these winding halls are dark in many spots. The darkness seems to attract locals who seek to get away from the hustle and bustle of the world above.

As you work your way lower and lower you find out that the rumors of the dangers of these levels was either overblown, the fear of the other, or a problem you simply have yet to face as the locals here are friendly enough and in no way threaten you as you move past them.

Finally, after hours of descent one tunnel opens onto a large chamber, where a mix of goblins, humans, and shifters gather around several small piles of garbage spread across three rotting blankets. One of the goblins shouts, "No pushing! No pushing! There's always enough for everyone at the Rat's Market!"

It is essentially a blanket bazaar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - The Dig Site

Taryn's eyes go wide at Viorr's description of what is happening. Carduus whispers, "Big guy, let's not ..."

Taryn kicks in the large door and charges in, swinging his hammer at the nearest cultist with a loud roar that gives up

"the element of surprise". He sighs as the battle begins.

The creature in one of the circles screams, "More Sacrifices for the Dragon Below!"

Initiative:

Viorr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Carduus 1d20 ⇒ 12
Electric Eye 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Jirrik 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Taryn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Cultists 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
The Queen 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Round 1
Viorr, Electric Eye, Taryn, Jirrik (DMPCs) - GO!
Cultists
Carduus and Dev
The Queen.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 41+1/42 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Frank, trying to not disturb the people in the rat market too much, steps out to cast a cantrip.
Quickly returning, he gives Madam Zabeth Skoata a single pat on the back "you're up, Zabeth."

and you can get a +1 on the bluff check if you do it within a minute...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana strides over to the goblin whojust shouted.
Excuse me! You there! Some nice wares you have here. I would buy some if i had the money. Sadly i owe someone. Could you tell me where Nym is? Pretty sure you know him or heard of him before. No?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

What's up with those low numbers at the moment? Every game!


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr rather fails to suppress a grin as Talyn leaps to action. The elf is just a step behind, circling wide to engage the cultists nearest Talyn's kin.

double move

1 to 50 of 1,136 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.