Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


201 to 250 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Ah, sorry, forgot to roll also Linguistics.

Linguistics, Inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 8 + (1) = 26

That ends up being: Kn Local 21, Linguistics 26.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

Electric Eye recognizes one of these Cultists, Vestan ir’Simul, he is from a rather prominent merchant family here in Sharn. Who these other youngsters are is not clear but if word of this association gets out it could damage the family's reputation, or lead to further investigation by the Watch or even the Crown itself.

Zabeth and Electric Eye both can read the runic inscription, 3 turns right, 3 turns left, 1 right, and push!

The pit appears to be truly bottomless or the equivalent of with those who lack powerful enough magic to fly down and investigate more than just tying of and dropping ropes.

With Beylinda and Kaine having gone to get the Watch, the group can stay here and wait or begin unloading their claimed goods now.

Taryn turns to Carduus, "I'm taking Rission out of here to get some rest. Come find me in the usual spot once you've concluded your business here in Sharn then we can head to Stormhome". He and his cousin, still a bit shaken from his near death experience, take their leave.

Jiri approaches Electric Eye, "That moonstone and ruby should be appraised by a pro. This was a bit less lucrative then I thought it should have been but with just the tree of us down here that would have been risky business. What's that amulet say?"

Carduus pulls out some rations and begins chomping, "I think we should get this stuff out of here before the Watch comes, we don't want them trying to take our loot.

Hey Viorr, remember to go to Dolom and get that original journal from the Professor, he promised it to us if we'd come down here and help his cousin!"

There is nothing further to explore down here other than a next of spiders the Kobolds stated were to the north, unless you want to hope for more treaure in that room, it might be mroe risky that its worth.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Thank you for the reminder, Carduus. Fair journeys to you all. I am content to move on, now."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

'What does it say?' indeed, I'm pretty sure that rune means left and this one means right, but Zabeth seems to have a better understanding...

Frank stops looking over Zabeth's shoulder at the gold amulet and turns towards the others. Producing four full-sized sacks from the rather small right pocket of his rather large backpack, he agrees with Carduus loudly.
"I agree on taking the loot out of here as soon as possible.
Luckily I'm a professional Artifact Restorer
(read: Treasure Hunter), and so I happen to have a donkey tied up near the top of a ladder not too far from here. I'm sure Caladrel can carry all of this."


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours), Lesser Evolution Surge (claws count as magical; ~4 minutes), Protection from Fire (Immune to fire damage; 60 pts; ~50 minutes)

As they collect the nearly two hundred pounds of spoils into the sacks, Broulnindre finds a spiked gauntlet and her eyes light up.
Holding it aloft, she enthusiastically asks "Hoi Franky, hyu vant claw too?"


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

Accepting the gauntlet from the excessively enthusiastic eidolon, he replies somewhat reluctantly:
"If no one else wants it, I'll take it as part of my share...
Speaking of which, anyone else want to keep any of these things?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

Carduus nods to Frank, "We have a fence we used for our last job unless you have a real good relationship with the guy you work with".

Jiri interjects, "We should have these magical items checked out by a Wizard to make sure we know what we have first, if no one wants em' we can sell em. Whatever items we keep count against shares of gold mind ye".

If no one has anything else to add, I will move us up and out of the COGS and into the city proper.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

"But of course; and at the rate that we would've sold them, I'm sure.
Also, I know a bit about magic items myself. Give me a minute or three, and maybe I can magically shrink the wizard's invoice..."

Frank casts Detect Magic and begins examining the items with magical auras while everything else gets stored away.
Spellcraft (wand): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Spellcraft (circlet): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Spellcraft (mace): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Spellcraft (fullplate): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Spellcraft (cloak): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Spellcraft (potion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Spellcraft (the other potion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Spellcraft (flask of oil): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Yeah, I think we can just head out xD


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Looking at the amulet, Zabeth responds to Frank... "Three turns right, three turns left, one turn right, and push.", and then looks around "I've no idea to what it is referring, however... directions or some kind of combination lock? .. and where?"


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

A bit disappointed that he has found no evidence of his lost friend, Electric Eye has a quick look over the found items. <<Could put the alchemy kit to good use.>>

He nods when Zabeth translates the arcane text. <<Yes. Maybe secret place is somewhere here, maybe somewhere else.>>

The something calls his attention. <<Wait. Know this guy<< he says pointing at one of the cultists. <<Is from ir'Simul family, important family. Mmmhh... Is dead?>>


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

A not so soft kick to the stomach confirms the cultist is, indeed, dead.

"Looking that way, pal, but good eye shooting that. Definitely one of them guys. Daddy won't be too pleased, I should think. Tsk tsk. What will the neighbors say...?" Dev shakes his head, in mock disapproval, clearly a little bitter about being stabbed.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours), Lesser Evolution Surge (claws count as magical; ~4 minutes), Protection from Fire (Immune to fire damage; 60 pts; ~50 minutes)

lol, I was hilariously wrong xD
Maybe just ignore me when I think it's time to move on :P

"Secret place? Mebbe here?"
Broulnindre drops a half-filled sack and begins poking around random places nearby.

Perception (poking around): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 She can barely contribute otherwise, but I love that +17 xD


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold
Dev Blake wrote:

A not so soft kick to the stomach confirms the cultist is, indeed, dead.

"Looking that way, pal, but good eye *shooting* that. Definitely one of them guys. Daddy won't be too pleased, I should think. Tsk tsk. What will the neighbors say...?" Dev shakes his head, in mock disapproval, clearly a little bitter about being stabbed.

meant to say *SPOTTING*


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

so... No eye laser? T_T


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

<<So maybe bring the corpse to family and able to bury, then get recognition. Might be good to know rich people, need help to find friend.>>

Given everyone agrees, EE helps with the cargo.

<<Mind if take alchemy tools? Can put them to good use.>>


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Mh most interesting. The scion of an important noble family being a cult member sacrificing victims beneath the city. Makes one wonder just how much corruption there actually is in this city and how far it reaches. For more influence and recognition, it would definately be wise to bring him up ourselves, but it will also bring more danger. There are certainly more of them. Or perhaps his family wants revenge when their name is tallied!


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

Upon hearing Kana's remarks, Frank puts down the full plate that he's examining.
"Er- we can hide the boy's face and not reveal it to anyone before getting to the family's estate. Well, we might want to show the city's watchmen..."
Frank trails off, thoughtful.
it would be nice for them if it wasn't the talk of the town, but I wonder if they wouldn't try to spread misinformation about the whole unfortunate affair.

Shaking his head, he gets back to identifying the armor.


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

"Help yourself, Electric Eye... I've no need for such things."

She then joins the conversation about the identified cultist. "We will want to tread delicately with the family, of course. Who knows how they may react." She shrugs "Even possible they are involved in the cult as well."


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

While reuniting the tools together and making room for them in his backpack, EE realises Zabeth could be right, and that would be quite problematic.

<<Very true, Madam. Think... Maybe shouldn't mention know anything about the cult? Just bring boy back and try to cash in some reward?>>

He stands back to his feet, wiping the dust from his hands. <<Ready to go.>>


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

Eventually, after at least taking a look at the auras of the magic items the group found, Frank puts the final item away in a sack and stands up, ready to visit some merchants.

normally I'm a super-pedant about encumbrance to make up for other people not caring, but in this case Frank and Broulnindre can handle all the non-corpse stuff without any help whatsoever (albeit heavily encumbered), so I think it's safe to say that between Frank's infinite rope, the donkey Caladrel, and everyone contributing, I can't imagine it being difficult to head up...
In case there's an ambush somewhere and the person dropping the sack matters, Frank and B can both carry one of the 60lb sacks stuffed with 50ish lbs of loot xD


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

That's exactly what i meant, Zabeth! Involvement is even likely. We will only find out if we confront them i guess.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

While the others talked, Aerin had surveyed the surroundings, looking for any signs of where the cultists might have come from.

Survival (look for tracks): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Cogs

The two groups search around the site for other rooms but find none nor any other threats than the spiders you know lurk to the north. A threat none of you feel it is worth getting injured (or killed) over. It seems the cultists came in the same way you all just did and the place was left defended by the alliances of monsters that dwelled within. It is likely your group saved may lives moving forward though there is no telling how many were lost heretofore.

With treasure, trinkets, and a single corpse in hand the group ventures out from the ruins.

Some of you have been working for Mickey P others for Brentholm Dolom. Beylinda and Kaine are still not back with the watch as your combined groups await the lift.

With Carduus and Taryn gone Jiri states, "I say we sell off first. Then see Dolom then make our way to Mickey P. After that, I think I'm gonna retire, this was waaaay too damn a close call for me, I'd still be fallin' if I did not manage to hold not the side of the pit!"

Sorry for the delay!


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

<Seems a good plan.> EE will have then some money to pay for information, and time to prepare a potential expedition if he finds out about Hal.<Know a second hand seller?>


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

"Carduus can lead us to his fence, right after we get that second opinion on the more magical loot we have." Frank says, as he pats the sack over his shoulder and shifts his grip on it.
"Right Carduus?"


Shadow's Status

Carduus left with Taryn but Viorr knows the fence as well.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

I forgot they left already, my bad ^^;
Just replace Carduus with Viorr, then :3


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

"Mind if we tag along?" Aerin asked the other other group.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"I've no objection."


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana rubs her hands under her cloak, hood deep over her head.
Tagging along is a good idea. More adventures, more stories to tell and more exposure to your intersting culture. Some gold on the side won't hurt either. I'm curious how this cultist plot will unfold. Hopefully the noble house will not try to silence us with some murderers at night while we sleep or are drunk!


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

"Very well." Zabeth bows her head in deference... "Following your lead then."
She looks around for whatever she can help carry, and follows behind.

She then smiles in response to Kana's words "Yes... Let's hope."


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

note to self, don't drink too much alcohol for a few days


Female Elf Alchemist/3 HP:21| AC:18, T:13, F:15| F:+3, R:+6,W+1 | CMD:15, CMB:+2 | Perc.:+8 | Init:+3

Sharon hangs back from the group hoping not yo be noticed and quietly murmurs her agreement of joining together and selling the stuff...with more people she evens seems more shy.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Shop

The weary band of travelers catches the eyes of many as they enter the city proper considering they look like they've just been through the Last War and just exited.

The donkey especially brings scowls from those more well born in this area of the city. The body on its back has yet to stink but son that will be an issue to consider.

For now, the group arrives at the shop that Viorr and his band utilized the last time around. The door opens with a magical alarm and a gnome from the back runs to the front, "Wares to buy or wares to sell. I... Oh my, you all look like you've had a rough time of it! Perhaps some of you need a bath and a healer before a merchant no?"


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Kana, always eager to go on a shopping tour is pretty startled by the gnome and looks her own clothing up and down, as well as checking the smell.

A bath? What makes you think so? Are we that smelly?

On a second note, a bath would be a welcome pasttime. Do you even have good bath houses here?

Do you meet all of your customers like that? Or are you selling baths as well?


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

As he carefully puts down one of the party's four sacks of loot, Frank raises an arm and gives his armpit a sniff as discreetly as he can.

After Kana bombards the poor gnome with her questions, Frank looks to Viorr and clears his throat.


Female NG (Unchained) Eidolon (Agathion) | HP: 20/22 | AC: 21* (13 TAC, 19* FAC) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +17, SM: +0; Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft (30ft climb) | Active conditions: Mage Armor (+4 AC; ~3 hours), Lesser Evolution Surge (claws count as magical; ~4 minutes), Protection from Fire (Immune to fire damage; 60 pts; ~50 minutes)

Broulnindre simply let's out a gleeful chuckle when 'healer' is mentioned, after unceremoniously dropping the sack she was carrying onto the floor.


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Electric Eye is totally convinced that he cannot sweat, but who knows, maybe some of his screws need lubricant... He lets Viorr do the introductions, and has a look around the shop in case he finds anything interesting.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Ah, but if we conduct our business first, we can visit a much better quality of bathhouse, and we shall smell all the sweeter, then. Please, these are our new friends, bonded in battle:..."

Viorr will do the introductions. Unless the gnome insists, he'd rather do business now, than carry lots of loot (and a body) around.


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Aerin daintily sniffed herself, a bit horrified at the though that she might be dirty. She had a mild obsession with personal grooming and a particular fondness for baths.

"Where do you suggest for a bath house?" she asked.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Mmm, good thought V. Let's wrap this up, before getting comfy, 'cause I know I'm not getting up for a bit once I'm down..."


Changeling Life Shaman (Animist) 4 ~ HP:27/27 ~ AC:16 Tch:12 ff:14 ~ CMD 16 ~ Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+8 ~ Init:+2 Per:+10

Zabeth smiles in response to the range of reactions to the gnome shopkeeper’s comments sad she looks around the shop. She quietly reminds the group “We should deliver.. the donkey’s load before we go anywhere else.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

Frank replies to Zabeth "I agree, we should take care of Caladrel's burden right after we enrich this fine gnome here with all of our other unneeded cargo."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Shop

The gnome looks over all of your wares including the gems and some of the gold coins. He casts a few spells and then proceeds, "Alright you lot, here's what I'll offer for what you've got - the Circlet 4,000 gold, the cloak 400 gold, the mace I would just turn over to the Watch, the armor, 750 gold, the potions of healing you all should keep based on the look of you, the oil I can only spare 200 for. The Moonstone 35 gold, the Rubies 750 gold. I think that's a fair deal for us both!"

Make 2 appraisal checks to determine whether this is a fair deal.

Long Awaited Item List:
Spellcraft (wand): 13 - Transmutation Magic.
Spellcraft (circlet): 25 Based on Viorr's description its a Circlet of Blasting but a powerful one - Evocation magic.
Spellcraft (mace): 14 - Evil pervades it.
Spellcraft (fullplate): 18 - Basic abjuration enchantment.
Spellcraft (cloak): 9 - Not sure but you would guess abjuration.
Spellcraft (potion): 25 - Healing.
Spellcraft (the other potion): 16 Healing.
Spellcraft (flask of oil): 20 - Evocation.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

untrained appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
untrained appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

His offer is 6135 total. How many ways are we splitting that, again?


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

EE analyses and calculates the offer.

<Data scan in process, please wait>

Appraise, Inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 4 + (2) = 17

Appraise, Inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (3) = 17

<Are sure don't need any of the items?> he asks to the rest.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +5 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Tough call without knowing what exactly they are, you know? Still, I always thought I'd look good in a cape. Exciting you know? Exciting people are always wearing capes. A good cloak isn't that different, after all..."

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Aerin isn't trained in appraise, and grew up in the woods. She has no idea what things are worth.

Aerin leaned in the doorway, slightly bored as the others worked out the bean counting.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35-4/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 2/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 40+1/41 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 0/2 | Active conditions: Fatigued

Frank, on the other hand, has spent entirely too much time guessing the value of things, and eagerly points out an oddity in the gnome's evaluation.

"You know, we're in need of a bath and maybe some medical attention, but we're not in that much of a hurry. Take the suit of armor, for example: even non-magical full-plate goes for 750 easily."
Without giving away how little he knows about the majority of the gear, Frank gives the gnome an incredulous look.

Appraise (trained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Appraise (trained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I'm working on the assumption that a rank in appraise gives Frank at least what's in the CRB equipment section xD


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fifteenth Day of Dravago - the Shop

The gnome wrinkles his nose at Frank's suggestion, "True that my friend. Fine, I can come up another 250 on it but I need to float this until someone buys it".

The group generally believes that the offer is fair but that armor quote was low.

EE believes that Circlet deserves closer inspection before it is sold as it may well be an extremely useful item.

201 to 250 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past - The Secrets of Sharn All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.