The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


401 to 450 of 703 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Detect Magic - Yes, they are magical, mild Conjuration magic. The rods are about 6" long. They are made of Iron. Their thickness varies slightly as each is a different shape but about an inch thick each.

The shapes. Indeed two of the three (triangle and rectangle/square match the shapes that were released upon the death of the Defenders. There must be a third nearby...I'll give someone a chance to figure it out for a Hero Point!


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Pink eye looks at the two dogs and their bounty and he will first check the two things they brought with them. Would the symbol on either book fit? He feels each book for hidden things if not squeezing them and prodding them, and if nothing then he will begin to methodicly search the room for the third key.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan scratches his chin, then in a moment of strange insight says, "Cannith are builders. Three sides, then four, then five. Simpler shape to more complex."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Hearing the discussion on the rods, and speculating logically, Gauntlet moves to the dead dog crushed in the long-ago ceiling collapse and checks its head and surrounding area for the final rod.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was checking the design of the area and the layout, and how it had changed in the intervening time between the cessation of this forge to the forges of the modern day. It made sense that with the use and implementation of stronger materials and better machines, that there would be a natural redesign to take advantage of the space saved. Still this is an impressive creation and would serve as an excellent illustration to lecture on the progress of design.

That her inspection of the area gave her time to let her heart calm down from the speed at which it was racing was entirely coincidental, and not at all part of her determination to maintain what composure of hers still remained.

Hearing Erix's call, she heads over to one of the brothers, and inspects the depressions, her hand still held above her head to let her see. Narrowing her eyes in thought, a cantrip slowly cleared the dust of time off of the immediate area to be inspected, and she took a closer look. "These are likely needed for activation, though the question would be whether or not the rods need to remain.", she said, looking at the rest of the area, and then going over to examine the downed dogs.

"There was one more of these that had gotten crushed under falling debris, was there not?" She could remember admiring the design work that went into these defenders. "Perhaps, there is one more rod to be salvaged?"
________________________________
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Making sense of it all(Wis): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Remember, you do not have the journal itself only a copy of the symbol on the front. Only Ama ever really read it to any passable degree.

Pink-Eye can see that the rods are the exact fit for two of the three spaces. Nothing else in the room would seem to activate this forge from what he can tell.

As he searches the shelves the Minotaur unwraps one of the oil cloths and finds an impressive weapon - a Masterwork Battle Axe made with an admixture of silver sheen.

Dusting off another oil cloth he finds a Masterwork Dagger.

How much time do you want to spend on the southern shelves? It seems there could be many things of value here.

Gauntlet and Ama have the same idea. They search the area around the third iron defenders' crushed head. The slot where the third rod would be is empty. Perhaps it is under the rubble?

Make a Strength check DC 24 to dislodge the rubble (up to two people can aid another in moving rubble). Failure by 10 or more causes the rubble to shift and injure someone. A successful Knowledge Engineering roll in assisting with the clearing brings the Strength DC down to 20.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Strangely, Gauntlet finds himself both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time somehow. This place was eerily similar to his 'birth' place, but at the same time very different. He quickly dismisses his mindlade to free his hands and get this journey over-with as fast as possible.

"Stand back Ama. I will attempt to shift the rocks. Pink-Eye? Taryn? Could we shift these rocks together?"

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

So close! Anybody want to 'Aid' Another? NOTE: Due to my 'Paranoid Flaw' you will need to make a DC15 instead of 10 to Aid me. Sorry guys. =/


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn grabs one of the bigger rocks with Gauntlet and attempts to help him move it aside...
Str (assist): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye holds up the masterwork battle axe with silver sheen and takes it and then hands the dagger to Ama and continues to search for valuables as he sees them lift the rubble easily.

take 20 for 29


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

The mightiest among you lift the rubble with ease and Ama is able to retrieve the last of the rods, this one a Pentagon.

Ama approaches the machine and begins to slot the rods into place triangle, square, then pentagon. The vault behind the forge and the furnace opens with a click whirr sound.

Within the vault are the following items:

1. A sack of 100 SP - ancient minting.
2. A sack of 100 GP - ancient minting.
3. 4 Gold Ingots.
4. 3 Potions of the same color the bath held in the ruined temple.
5. An old map.
6. The Schema, the object of this quest!

Congratulations! You have found the Scheme, everyone advance to Level 2! Note that current Hit Points remain the same.

Pink-Eye continues to find items of interest including: Masterwork Chain Shirt (1), Masterwork Longsword (1), Masterwork Heavy Mace (1), Masterwork Mace (1), Masterwork Small Steel Shields (3), Sunrods (2), and a Wand.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Picking up the wand that Pink-Eye found, Gauntlet tries to identify it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Let us split up the coin,weapons, and armor equally between groups as well as the sunrods and see who is best for the wand and then let us go up and collect our rewards.


Shadow's Status

Wand of Shocking Grasp 4d10 ⇒ (9, 1, 7, 6) = 23 Charges.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus stands back and lets the others search through the ruined building, ready to heal if necessary. He listens in to the discussion regarding splitting the excess loot, but seems satisfied with the split suggested by Pink-Eye.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Now all we have to do is get out of here," quips Caelan.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks up, his voice thick with annoyance for once.

"Easier said than done my friend. Let's gather our various treasures, and check to see if the big door can be opened from the inside? It's even possible there's a bolt hole here somewhere. House Cannith is well known to build odd back doors and escape tunnels from their laboratories from my personal experiences and memeory. Ama, what do you think? Is there a mechanism to open the big doors from in here or another way out?"

Without waiting for a reply, Gauntlet starts to look for a way to open the main entrance, or possibly a hidden exit.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was examining the dagger that was handed to her, taking note of the design and admiring the lines of it, as Gauntlet's words drew her attention. She blinked as she looked around the area, making a little more sense of the design. She had to renew her light spell, as the slightly wavery light from her ring, like sunlight through the water's surface, dimmed and brightened. "Out to the surface, or out of this forge?", she asked for clarification.
__________________________________
K.(Engineering)@10=17


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet shrugs.

"Either is technically possible Lady Ama."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Ama observes that there is no mechanism inside to open the door, whatever secret was utilized to open it is not revealed inside. The rope appears to be the only way out of the forge and it appears your feet, which led you all down here, will lead you all back up to Sharn.

Who actually grabs the Schema? Once that is confirmed I will move us along assuming that you are all easily able to climb the rope or are assisted in doing so.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama is quiet, looking around the forge without commenting for a minute or two. "If there is, it is something that I cannot see. We will likely have to exit the way we entered." That last point was said with a slight tinge of dismay. She did not look forward to climbing that rope, and resolved to do something that would alleviate that concern in the future, but going up would be something long and arduous for her.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Glancing up, Gauntlet sighs heavily and shakes his head. An odd thing to do for somebody who does not need to breathe.

"You don't weight 500 pounds madam. I doubt the rope would take my weight for long. I may be as they say: 'In a pickle' here."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan says, "I think the city above us was built on top of this. Our entrance tunnel up above is something that came later - kind of an inadvertent connection between the sewers and this undercity. That means there must be some other way out; the original exit, back before Sharn was built above it. We just have to find it and hope it hasn't collapsed!"


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

the easier is just to backtrack exactly the way we came and just be ready for any ambush


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:


"You don't weight 500 pounds madam. I doubt the rope would take my weight for long. I may be as they say: 'In a pickle' here."

"I think two ropes, as well as the arms of a few of our friends here, would more than suffice. Not much more is needed for an armored horse, and the horse cannot do the courtesy of holding on with hands...

'twould be a shame to leave such a stout companion at arms behind"
Viorr says good-naturedly, bumping the bottom of his first against Gauntlet's oversized pauldron


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Glancing at Viorr, Gauntlet shrugs.

"We can only try."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will climb up with what loot he is carrying and secure a second rope up top from one of the group and then pull others up aid another with his strength.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

I am going to assume that Ama grabs the Schema as no one else has volunteered to do so and she had the most vested in this as she was closest to the Professor, even if only for a short period of time.

The party manages to climb out of the Forge after several minutes and the use of rope to hoist those who need assistance. As you are all on the ground floor and heading back the way you came, lights flare around you and a flaming crossbow bolt streaks from the rubble of a large stone column. The bolt just barely misses Erix.

"Weakflesh!" a powerful voice calls out from atop the pillar. "Now you face Saber, greatest of the devoted followers of the Lord of Blades. Throw down the Schema and walk away. This day does not have to end with your blood on my hands."

The group can see the four all with partial coverage and all with ranged weapons in hand. From each emanates a light as if from a Continual Light spell. Saber is 30' up. The map used before is now updated for this new encounter.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Yes Ama should have the Schema. All right ladies and gentle men...she's the football! Keep her safe!

Gauntlet points to Saber and speaks back to him as he let's loose with a splash of acid then runs for the base of the stone pillar for some cover and readying his new crossbow during the short jog!

"Weakflesh? Speak for yourself assassin!"

Acid Splash RTA: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Brandishing his new axe pink eye will charge at the green one diagnal from him (these are constructs again? If not channel smite)

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Best do what I can now before everyone scatters! Carduus lets loose with his last blast of life energy, hoping to catch the minotaur before he sprints out of range.

Channel to heal: 1d6 ⇒ 4 hit points to everyone within 30'.
DM Dragon Betweem let me know if this is too meta-gamey; everyone should have HP to fill due to our new max after leveling.


Shadow's Status
Carduus the Bemourned wrote:


DM Dragon Betweem let me know if this is too meta-gamey; everyone should have HP to fill due to our new max after leveling.

Nope, tis just fine. I will roll initiative and get combat rolling tonight. This is the final scene down here.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

beylinda readies her weapon and arm herself for this particular confrontation


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan rolls his eyes and lets out an aggrieved sigh. "Really? Another self-aggrandizing nobody? Do you think we went to all this trouble just so we would roll over and give up now? Seriously?" He draws his sword once more and stalks in the direction of the one that Pink Eye is challenging.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

tDB ONLY:
Viorr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Ama 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Pink – Eye 1d20 ⇒ 1
Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Taryn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Carduus 1d20 ⇒ 6
Beylinda 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Saber 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Warforged Warriors 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Initiative - Round 1
Caelan, Erix, Taryn, Gauntlet(action resolved), Ama - GO!
Saber
Beylinds
Warforged Warriors (4)
Viorr, Pink-Eye, Carduus

Gauntlet's spell strikes Saber causing some corrosive sizzling on his hide.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan moves to intercept the warforged warrior (green) and lashes out with his sword.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

That's my third natural 1 today on the boards.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Holding on to her pack, Ama moved behind the others, words and gestures accompanying her holding a small piece of cured leather, calling forth protective magics on her person.
__________________
Mage Armor cast. AC 16 for one hour


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn quickly decides that there are plenty of others to handle 'Saber' so he'll deal with crossbowmen. Gripping his hammer he charges the warrior furthest from the leader.
charge, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
for: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

I can't move my icon from my phone- I'll charge the one to the southeast.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

What terrain in front of me? Is it a pit/hole or a pile of rocks, can't tell and the answer will alter my attack


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 1

Beylinda will recall a shield spell from her bonded object and cast the spell and move right behind gauntlet drawing her weapon

SF: 1d100 ⇒ 35

current AC 21


Shadow's Status
Erix d'Orien wrote:
What terrain in front of me? Is it a pit/hole or a pile of rocks, can't tell and the answer will alter my attack

Pile of rocks.


Shadow's Status

Beylinda:
What's SF? :-)


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Spell failure?

Erix steps out behind the rocks, and takes a shot at one of their enemies with his crossbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 aiming at the red one for 1d8 ⇒ 4


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Caelan and Taryn both charge at separate Warforged and both miss their marks. Still, their actions force the Living Constructs to drop their ranged weapons for melee ones.

Ama and Beylinda cast defensive spells.

Erix meanwhile steps around his cover and fires at the Warforged closest to the pillar, scoring a solid hit on the thigh of the Warforged.

The Warforged atop the pillar quickly loads his weapon and aims it at Gauntlet, "Traitors die first!"

The rest of his ilk follow suit attacking the group. Caelan's foe strikes with a warhammer. Taryn's a greatsword. The Warforged nearest the shrine fires a heavy crossbow at Viorr. The Warforged that Erix struck attacks him back with his own ranged weapon - also a heavy crossbow.

tDB ONLY:
Saber HP = 43/44. Crossbow at Gauntlet 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d10 ⇒ 10.
Warforged Green HP = 21/21. vs. Caelan w Warhammer 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13 - Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10.
Warforged Grey HP = 26/26. vs. Taryn w Greatsword 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8 - Damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9.
Warforged Yellow HP = 19/19. vs. Viorr w Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23 - Damage 1d10 ⇒ 5.
Warforged Red HP = 16/20. vs. Erix w Heavy Crossbow 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18 - Damage 1d10 ⇒ 1.
Critical vs. Viorr? 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

Saber's shot strikes Gauntlet through the neck dropping the Magus! Take 10-2=8 damage, you are at 1, at least until Carduus' Channel goes off.

Caelan's foe, seeing the charging Minotaur coming at him is distracted and misses the Fighter.

Likewise does Taryn's opponent trade misses with him.

Viorr is not as lucky as his opponent finds the mark hitting him in the oblique with a bolt. Viorr take 5 damage.

Erix manages to shift away fro the worst of the bolt so it just grazes him. Erix take 1 damage.

A moment later the positive energy burst from Carduus bolsters the group. Ama, Beylinda, Viorr, Erix & Carduus regain 4 HP. Gauntlet regain 2 hp, you are now at 3.

Despite the threat Pink-Eye presents, his aim is not true and the Warforged, though troubled by two foes, is struck by neither.

Initiative - Round 1 - Viorr - GO!

Initiative - Round 2
Caelan, Erix, Taryn, Gauntlet, Ama (Mage Armor) - GO!
Saber
Beylinda (Shield)
Warforged Warriors (4)
Viorr, Pink-Eye, Carduus

Ah yes, SF so long since I've seen it I forgot what the acronym was LOL.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan lashes out with his blade again, suspecting that this will be a long fight.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

DM:
Spell failure should i wait before posting round 2 after saber ?


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr darts forward, pulling out the quarrel as he goes, preparing to engage the red warforged.


Shadow's Status
Beylinda Chumana wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Beylinda:
Go ahead and post now but effect will take place after Saber goes.

Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 2

Casting a Shocking grasp spell SF: 1d100 ⇒ 87 Arcane reservoir (swift): +1 CL beylinda moved in to attack the warforge
fighting defensively

Spell strike Light mace: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 + 3 = 221d6 ⇒ 4 + Shocking Grasp: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 4) = 14

I got your back Gauntlet ! Those who can need to Start Focusing their attack on their leader ! she yells

+3 to hit included in the spell for "metal" [Not bad damage for a Wizard :) ]

Current AC 23


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

@Ama: Is it your intent to remain back at the building, or were you just unable to move your icon on the map?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

OK, I'm going to try something outside the box here...and if I need to do it I will spend a Hero point to help make it happen. (If I can.)

Pulling out the crossbow bolt sticking out of his neck, Gauntlet seems to really get angry for the first time in many people's memeories.

"WRRAAGGHH!"

Lifting his metal foot, Gauntlet pulls in his mental focus and releases the last of his most powerful magic of the day as he slams the the foot into the ground!

CMD Trip Attempt w/Hero Point!: 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (5) = 14

Thunderstomp!:
@GM: You stomp your foot or strike your weapon against the ground or floor, creating a ripple of power that you can use to trip a creature. Attempt the combat maneuver check to trip the target, but instead of your base attack bonus you can use your caster level, and instead of your Strength modifier you can use your spellcasting ability score modifier (Intelligence for magi and wizards; Wisdom for druids and rangers; Charisma for bloodragers and sorcerers). This does not provoke an attack of opportunity. This spell has no effect if you cannot reach the ground or floor, or if your target is not in contact with the ground or floor. - So the question here is whether the magical force will travel 'up' the pillar and effect Saber (while he is on the EDGE of the pillar!)? While it 'makes sense' that it might, the description is odd enough to say possibly no. Hence the Hero point to try and help it along! If nothing else the pillar shakes a little for effect.

401 to 450 of 703 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.