The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


551 to 600 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

I think the end of my last post may have been lost in the shuffle, so...
Taryn returns to Mickey's place and quietly sits with Carduus and Beylinda. "I can't find Rission, or Dharrak, anywhere in this blasted city..." he whispers.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 39/39 two-blade+8(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +7/+7 (d8+3,d8+2) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 5

In the corner of Mickey's place, Viorr yawns, stretching like an oversized housecat, then sits up, blinking away the remnants of his nap and looking around. Spotting Trayn, Carduus, and Beylinda, he smiles brightly at them, then begins to pace around the hall, shoulders rolling to work out the kinks napping in his armor has left him.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

"Rission!" Carduus exclaims. "I'd forgot about him." Six-way split to start. The bandaged man settles himself, then speaks to his associates in a low phlegmy grumble. "So we're down to half strength. Means a bigger split, of course, but begs the question - what happened to 'em? The 'forged is dead, of course, but Rission and Dharrak? Could be they decided the money wasn't worth the trouble. Could be. Or could be somebody got to 'em - more o' these warforged assassins, or even agents of the House." Carduus returns Viorr's cheery smile with a nod, then continues. "I don't think our new allies here would try anything, 'specially seein' as how they were all down there with us when Rission and Dharrak went topside, but we should all stay sharp just in case. No tellin' how this deal might turn once our employers realize what's going on, if they haven't already."


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

the Dragon Between wrote:

Atiel smiles, "I will make them the offer and let you know within a few days whether or not it will be accepted.

Now, I cannot imagine you came here just for that..."

Ama considered for a few seconds and sighed, begrudging the idea of a bit of redundancy in this uncertain situation. "To verify what we think that we've acquired, identification magics are required, I suspect. Short of that, we have what may be a potential positive, but that magic would be our manner of verification. That is a magic that I do not possess, and wanted to inquire whether or not there was any resources here, that may be applied to the task." She hesitated a moment before she added, "For the sake of information, I intend to document what I can find."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Redstone Shops of Upper Dura - Caelan & Erix d'Orien

The dwarf frowns, "Alright then, well it'll take a few days to get that kinda gold together. I can hold onto all of it or you can if'n ya don't trust me and me honest face. In the meantime, let's see what else ya got".

He looks over the balance of the items brought along, "Hmmpf. Not sure where you all went but here's hopin' you bring me along next time!" he says a brief prayer to the Sovereign before he moves on with his offer. "For the rest I can offer you 12,000 gold. That, I c'n give you now in platinum".

See OOC re the above.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

Viorr, Carduus, Taryn, Gauntlet

Mickey P returns his limp noticeable worse, probably from all the walking he did, "Others not back yet eh? Well I delivered yer messages. One assumes they'll both get the messages, I got tha' hall fer three hours that ought to be long enough.

Say Viorr, you know any of these fellers? I'll bet the one wrapped up, whathisname Carduus was Veteran of the Last War too! I'm right, right pal?" He looks expectantly at Carduus.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Atiel reaches into his desk and pulls out a scroll, "For you my dear. Call it severance pay. I am letting you go, the time has come, your days categorizing books and stamping borrowed copies out and returned are over. You have received a taste of adventure and you'll want more. I would ask that you return the books that were stolen as your first "quest". Good luck my dear and feel free to return when you need aid or advice. Come inquire with me in two days and bring that adamantine, let's hope you can make a deal for what you want".

The scroll is Identify, make a Spellcraft check back at Mickey's place and you can ID all magic items the next day before the big meeting.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Her eyes were wide as she hesitantly reached out for the scroll. "Thank you sir." This was something that she had not thought of occurring, and it was slightly scary— granted, getting attacked down under the city was also scary. She did resolve to copy the spell onto a scroll the next day to return to him, but the study of the Schema was something that she doubted she had the time to do. Maybe she could claim the Professor's journal? She could add to it, and once it was done, she could donate it to the Library as thanks.

"This is unexpected, but I am appreciative. I will return a copy to you as soon as I can", she said, curtseying as she departed the office. Her smile was tentative, but her mind was awhirl with what she would do now. Frankly, she was a bit uncertain, but one thing at a time.

As they were heading out of the library, she looked at Pink-Eye and Beylinda. "Do you think we can claim the Professor's Journal from the station?"
______________________________________
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
What about making sense of the Schema?


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - All Together NOW - Mickey P's House

I will assume for now that Beylinda, Ama, and Pink-Eye head back to MIckey P's. I am also going to assume that Caelan & Erix accept both offers.

As the companions at Mickey P's consider what to do about their missing compatriots, the rest of the two groups arrive back at nearly the same time, each with different sets of news to share.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Once everybody is back, Gauntlet will perk back up and resume normal operation.


male Minotaur Cleric 5 Max hp 45/45, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

let us ask Mickey to help us get the professors journal from the guard station rather then try it ourselves Pink Eye says.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn shifts uncomfortably as the others return.

I hate being outnumbered like this, he thinks with some concern, I don't know how close they are, or how their alliances would fall if something went wrong, but I know several of them share a house that isn't Lyrandar and that my only connection to my own house has vanished... it seems it may be a small miracle if I escape this city alive. At least this Carduus seems a reliable and competent healer...


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix comes in, with a bit of a grin on his face. "By the Sovereign Host, guys n gals we apparently hit a small jackpot! That ancient equipment is worth literally a small fortune!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Quite so, enough that we are happy to share this wealth around and hope that everyone's happy!" says Caelan. "With this haul you can probably do... all those things you've been meaning to get around to, whether it's shining up your sword or visiting the opera."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

"Excellent my new friends! We have been waiting to hear such good news. Micky has managed to help work out the meeting place with our Cannith masters so we are soon to gain even more largess. May I suggest something...?"

Gauntlet's LOOT suggestion.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"Sounds agreeable to me..."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

"If everybody is agreeable with the suggested monetary split, then we should move on to our next adventure: Challenging the Cannith maasters to work together with us. My guess it is kind of like herding demons without a whip. Very stimulating, but ultimately a very futile concept."


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Happily hugging the valuable breastplate to her chest, Ama was all smiles, even as she stared at the liberated schema, having used the original scroll's ashes in the ink that she used to write it into her spellbook. It was a bit difficult to write the notes that she was taking about the schema in the back of her spellbook while holding the breastplate, but she was managing. Her quill was glowing with the effects of a Light spell as she wrote, and she'd been that way since they got back and she had identified the items.

She may have even been humming a little, though she paused at Gauntlet's words, looking up. "What do you suggest?"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:


Gauntlet's LOOT suggestion.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

(That was meant towards getting Cannith to work together)


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Oops. My bad.

Gauntlet waves a metal hand in the air as if the answer was in front of him.

"With most normal Cannith masters? We have the law on our side. Signed agreements. Other house members as witnesses and participants in all of this. We should just be honest with them in the end I think. While I distrust them in general, they have to honor their contracts like any other house or business. Otherwise they face Brelish sanctions or fines. However, unless we try to manipulate them somehow or get greedy...If we become more trouble than we're worth? Then the assassins will come for us regardless."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"Gauntlet's right," Taryn offers, "Cannith may not be the noblest of houses, but it is still a House and it will honor its contracts, unless we become worth silencing...


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - All Together - Mickey P's House

The two groups get some shut eye and wake the next day still without a clear solution as to how to get what they want from the Cannith's. Still, putting them together and forcing them to decide who should receive the prize seems to be the only solution that works for all of you.

Ama, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Caelan, Erix, and Viorr - Wisdom Check DC 15:
It occurs to you that the other three members of the "rival" mercenary group still have not checked in.

By the end of the afternoon Ama has identified all of the magic discovered by the two groups and the pledge to split the treasure as evenly as possible is agreed to. Erix and Caelan pledge to include at least one of the rival groups members when they make consummate the deal with the dwarven weapons dealer Haskur Grindscale.

Mickey P. has a spread brought in for an early dinner, "Let's eat now Ladies and Gents so we can be sharp for that meetin' with the Canniths. We oughta get there 'afore they do!"

Anyone have anything else to add before we move to the final scene of this combined adventure!? :-)


male Minotaur Cleric 5 Max hp 45/45, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Mickey, what chance that we can get the professors journal back from the guard shack. It would be helpful to have befire we sell the schema.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Wis Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Looking at the others from the other group, Gauntlet speaks up reluctantly.

"We are still missing some people I think. Should we wait?"


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

"Eh? Who are we still missing?" Erix asks, perplexed.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

sh!t...

"Rission and Dharrak turned back early to report the issues in the sewer to the watch," Taryn answers, "They haven't rendezvoused with us again yet, but I expect they'll be back before the meeting."

at least, I hope they will...


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama remembered Dharrak, having accidentally snapped at him on their first meeting. She frowned softly as she nibbled on a piece of fruit. Knowing the Sergeant, they probably were still filling out paperwork, or being questioned.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

I am here Gauntlet, no sure who else we might be missing


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Gauntlet stands and moves ot he main exit, then settles himself at parade rest.

"Whatever your group wants to do about the missing Rission and Dharrak is fine, but I suggest we do not keep the Cannith masters waiting too long. That will not help us at all."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"We can have the meeting without them if they're not back in time."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

"Then let's move out as soon as it is feasible. We should get there early if at all possible. You should not need them, but bring your weapons...just in case."


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

"We three here can speak for our group well enough," Carduus interjects in Taryn and Gauntlet's convesation. "And if it comes down to it, we can obviously fight well enough, too - though with any luck our employers will decide to use their words rather than their blades to settle the matter."

'Sides, after the coin from all we found down there, completin' the contract's more about the principle than the pay. 'N I ain't dyin' over a principle; if it comes t' blows I'm haulin' me and mine out the nearest exit!


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 39/39 two-blade+8(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +7/+7 (d8+3,d8+2) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 5
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:
"You should not need them, but bring your weapons...just in case."

"Never without them!" Viorr smiles.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

The two mercenary groups, Mickey P in tow head to the Festhall. The ten of you arrive to a handful of serving wenches, Viorr, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Erix, and Caelan recognize as the same ones from a few nights ago, scurrying to get the Hall in order for your meeting. Decorations are sparse and the place looks even more Spartan than it did the last time due to the lack of banners present a few nights ago.

Three sets of tables and several dozen chairs are scattered about. Mickey P. steps in and sets the girls to organizing things to his liking. An extra table is set aside the one already facing the door with enough chairs for the ten of you. The other tables with several chairs near them are also set up to allow the Cannith representatives to walk in and sit with no obstructions.

In the middle a separate table with some food and drinks is also set up. "Well, here goes nothing I suppose", Mickey states with a shrug.

=======

The first of the Cannith's to arrive is Suthar d'Cannith. He steps into the Festhall after two very large Warforged. He appears less than pleased, "Why has this meeting been moved here I..." He takes in the vast array of individuals present the Warforged now flanking him sense his tension and each draws a massive Falchion while he reaches for a pouch on his belt, "What is the meaning of this!"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Holding his hands up to show their emptiness. Gauntlet then slowly waves to the tables and food.

"Please hold sir. Your men can stay armed if it makes you feel more comfortable, but we wish only to discuss with you some things we discovered during our journey for you. The least of which is there are TWO Cannith masters involved here. Not just YOU. We only ask that you BOTH hear us out. If it helps...we did recover the artifact in question."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
none Warforged Artificer 2

Bowing deeply Tool-box bows to Suthar. "There is no logical reason to feel threatened. You are in company to two very capable warforged.
But let me introduce myself. This unit is called Tool-box, currently working for one of your house."

Tool-box is more of the lean physique, but the most striking thing about it is that he is expertly etched and coloured with colour of gold trim.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Before the Cannith can respond the front door opens and yet another Warforged enters, this one much smaller than the two flanking Suthar.

He bows deeply to Suthar. "There is no logical reason to feel threatened. You are in company to two very capable warforged. But let me introduce myself. This unit is called Tool-box, currently working for one of your house."

Lady d'Vown enters right after Tool-Box and it appears that she has two more people with her entering through the doorway, "Suthar, what are YOU doing here!"

The man turns and regards her coolly as she begins to walk around him to his right.

One of his Warforged turns to stare at Tool-Box but does not speak or move, the other still has its gaze transfixed on the two mercenary groups.

Suthar nods to her, "Lady d'Vown, I am of course here to procure property of House Cannith".

I'll let the PC's jump back in again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama, not having met either of the two House members involved in this, tried to remain out of prominence and quiet as she watched the exchange.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Let's do this in a way that's satisfactory to everyone," says Caelan easily. "That's how our Houses work, right? We do business. No need to devolve into crude aggression. We've got an interesting piece of Cannith history and it looks like you both have a House agenda for it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

"My cousin speaks wisely. Come, sit down, enjoy some food and drink, and let us discuss what we have found." Erix says, backing up Caelan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Gauntlet moves to a chair, ignoring the food.

"Yes: Business. And...what do you know about this Lord of Blades? He sent warforged agents to stop us and take the artifact. We stopped most of THEM but we lost some of our people in the process. We NEED to know what you know about these weird fanatics."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Escorting Lady d'Vown towards the direction of the Vista View Festhall, Xetovia Phlogiston- along with both Tool-Box and Dev Blake- keep a close eye out for any trouble that might happen befall upon their noble House employer; all three are acting very much in their capacity as duly appointed Bodyguards to the Lady since about a few days prior.

Getting a Lift:
When Pierce had passed by the foursome and had discreetly given indication that they had not been followed on their way to the Festhall, the Thranish Vampire Hunter turned Bodyguard breathes out a quick sigh of relief. It seems that we will not have to face any sudden ambush by the Lord of Blades' underlings this day, praise be to the Silver Flame, with a last minute amendment of ...and the Host.- in honor of Pierce as the Warforged Inquisitive disappears from view via another lift.

As all four of them make their way to the front entrance of this so-called Vista View Festhall, Xetovia could barely make out the muffled but unmistakable sounds of shouting coming from inside. Without any hesitation, Tool-Box quickly takes point without any need for prompting and enters within. Not long after, the voice of the Warforged Repair-smith can be heard speaking in the tone of voice of one trying to give reassurance to the irate shouting man's voice which had bellowed out earlier; A shouting voice that Lady d'Vown must have almost immediately recognized for she heedlessly enters past the Festhall entryway after Tool-Box.

Giving a slightly nervous glance over to Dev, Xetovia steels herself and follows along inside only to see Lady d'Vown making her own inquiry towards a man of wealth- undoubtedly the one who had been shouting earlier. He had his own personal escort of two other Warforged Guards, each wielding drawn falchions.

As Lady d'Vown moves off over towards the right-side of this House Noble (apparently another member of House Cannith if his somewhat condescending answer to the Lady were to prove truthful), Xetovia notes that one of the Warforged guarding the Nobleman is still warily watching Tool-Box while the other Warforged is quietly watching over a crowded table of assembled guests as she follows as closely to her employer's careful route through as could be managed.

Making no move to draw any of her weapons in response, Xetovia briefly glances over at this Nobleman of Cannith, Suthar, and sees that his hands are dangerously close by to some pouch that he is wearing on his person. Not taking her eyes off of Suthar or either of his Warforged Guards, Xetovia silently calls out to the Couatl's Spirit dwelling inside of her supernaturally possessed left hand.

Dol Durand, if this Suthar or any of his two Warforged Guards tries to attack Lady d'Vown, Tool-Box, or Dev Blake, you may draw out any appropriate weapon at your discretion. Upon our behalf by the blessings of the Silver Flame- may it ever watch over us. If her left hand had heard her mental imploring, it gives off no outward indication of any sort of response- apart from staying unnaturally (from Xetovia's point of view at least) put at stock stillness; which it had been since Xetovia first entered the Festhall, in fact.

It would be at this point that at least three other voices call out over from the already seated guest table; two of them calling for calm, rational, and reasoned discussion among the houses or even revelry. Xetovia has the oddest sense of recollection upon hearing them, as she could almost swear upon the Silver Flame that she had heard one of those voices some years before- the first one that called for the discussion.

It is at the mention of the Lord of Blades, however, which instantly draws Xetovia's attention away from not only her nagging sense of hearing such a distant but familiar voice but also from her careful observation of both Surthar and his Warforged Guards for any hostile actions; quite possibly from Lady d'Vown, as well.

Now that she had a much more clearer view of the Festhall room, Xetovia notes that there are ten others seated around (or standing nearby?) one of three tables, with the table at the opposite end clearly empty, and the middle one all set with platters of food and drink.

They must be part of the expeditionary team that Lady d'Vown must have hired... but what of the others that are also about?


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Xetovia briefly takes stock of those ten individuals presently seated at the full table along one side of the Festhall interior.

Counting at least four Humans at the table, including one well-dressed young lady, an older man with white hair and just one good leg, and the two outspoken young men- one bearded, the other with distinctly braided hair- relatives, at least by the words of the second, bearded human male who had spoken up earlier.

Naturally, the one wearing his hair in braids was already quite familiar to Xetovia as she recalls having seen him once before- three years prior amidst all that chaos; well after the Day of Mourning but far before the Treaty of Thronehold was formalized. Caelan of House Orien, strange that we should meet again under such different circumstances...

There were also two Half-Elves also present at the table. One them was a tall, muscled male with white hair while the other was a slim tanned female with correspondingly dark hair- both as if in contrast to one another. Then there was the lone Warforged of the bunch who had bought up the subject of the Lord of Blades- clearly he's the one who must've been hired by Lady d'Vown, an emaciated-looking person whose face was nearly covered entirely in bandages (whom Xetovia presumes to be the Half-Orc, but she isn't entirely sure), a full Valenar Elf- judging from his distinctive double-bladed weaponry, and towering above them all sat an honest to goodness Minotaur!

Some of them might've been hired by this Suthar, presumably for the very same task! The Minotaur and the Elf most certainly had to have been sent by him.

Xetovia sends an uneasy glance back over to Lady d'Vown, wondering what happens next...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 5 Max hp 45/45, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye remains quiet and stationairy looking at the crowd that had entered without showing any sign of thoughts or hostilities.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn nods as he finishes placing some food on his plate. Heading to his seat he says, "The men of House Orien are right. This is no back alley meeting of rogues, there are members of several of the great houses here, let us dine together and conduct our business in a manner befitting our stations."

diplomacy (take 10): 10 + 7 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

I agree, rumors have it that there seem some internal competition and factions in House Cannith, So what it comes out of that struggle"
we rather not be a part of it and have any ill disposition as we just did we all of us were hired to do
she add with a smile

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan's eyes flicker over the new arrivals like he's taking their measure. Occasionally they stop and back up, but if he recognizes anyone he doesn't show it. "If you need to talk among yourselves," he suggests to the Cannith representatives, "please feel free to do so. Best to present a united front for your House, after all."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 5 | HP42/44 (DR4/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +6 | Active: None

Gauntlet nods.

He has asked the one question that was really bothering him. Letting the various groups talk freely among themselves from here is the wisest course of action he feels. His voice would only distract further. He settles in his chair, expecting to wait a while before either Cannith loosen up and talk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 39/39 two-blade+8(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +7/+7 (d8+3,d8+2) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 5

Viorr lounges in his seat like a cat, nursing a glass of wine and just observing the new arrivals.

551 to 600 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.