The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


601 to 650 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Cooler heads prevail thanks in large part of the skillful diplomacy of the two mercenary groups working in tandem, once more.

Lady d'Vown sits as does Suthar. He directs the Warforged to sheathe their weapons. One of them steps forward and begins making a plate and pouring a drink for Suthar.

Another man the PC Dev steps quietly into the back of the room and remains there near the closed door.

Lady d'Vown speaks first, "I am securing the item in question for House Cannith West. I am the one that found the good Professor and funded the final phase of his research before his untimely death. I am also the one that paid yon mercenaries to retrieve the item that I am glad has been recovered.

Let me be clear, I am not interested in and will not participate in a bidding war.

Insofar as the Lord of Blades goes, such information does not come cheap and I must wonder why you want it... I am sorry I do not know your name Warforged.

Now, how exactly did you learn of my research Suthar?"

tDB ONLY:
Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Lady d'Vown is lying! About what she is lying is not clear...

Mickey P's eyebrows raise but he says nothing.

Suthar grins widely after she speaks placing the glass of wine he just drank down on the table, "That is for me to know and you to perhaps one day find out my Lady. I on the other hand work for Merrix, the leader of House Cannith South, as we are in his city, it would only make sense that the piece is mine to retrieve by virtue of proximity.

Thus, I believe it makes sense that I take it. I will pay the reward I promised, 150 gold per head, to all of those present in the room, whether I hired them or not, as it seems a joint effort was required to acquire the schema. After all, many of you I do know represent other Dragonmarked Houses and I do not wish to offend anyone".

tDB ONLY:
Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 - Pink-Eye Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

I'll let the PCs jump in again before I move forward.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

May as well get in a Sense Motive (or two?) out of way. While Xetovia might be inclined to take Lady d'Vown at her word, if you need me to roll for a Sense Motive for the Lady's statement, I could do so. Xetovia might be less inclined for taking Surthar's word by that same token.

Sense Motive for Suthar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8. While Xetovia finds Lady d'Vown's Cannith South counterpart to be just a bit too snide towards her Employer, the Thranish Vampire Hunter turned Bodyguard finds little reason to not take him at his word. Of course, Xetovia didn't know that there even was a Cannith West and a Cannith South until now!

So there are other members of the Dragonmarked Houses present among the hired expeditions besides Orien and Cannith. I wonder which? Still, the assembled teams as a whole have proven themselves to be quite persuasive indeed.

@Tool-Box: Do you want to serve Lady d'Vown and Dev or do you want Xetovia to do the serving? It'll be more or less getting the both of them some food and drink to their table, like what that one Warforged is doing for Suthar.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Xetovia is unable to hide the surprise on her face when Lady d'Vown outright asks the lone Warforged among the two rival expeditionary teams what his name is. Taking another glance over at the fully seated expedition table, Xetovia finds herself wondering just who among those gathered were the ones that the Lady of Cannith West had hired.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr turns to his colleagues, his voice pitched low, for their ears only, and says, "What if we suggest that they split the cost of our fees, then we leave them in this space to sort out who gets it. I for one have no desire to dive deep into the internal wranglings of the House, and it seems at least one of them is willing to pay what was promised. For me, my interest ends there."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Allow me to be blunt she add I personaly believe that indeed by virtue of contract one takes precedence over the other. We, as this large group, did not seek to turn this into a bidding war. What we wanted to achieve is for each group to be made aware of each other, you both have your motives and are necesarly saying all the relevant truth she looks at the assembled party and pause for a few seconds as she insist with heavily in the direction of Lady d'Vown with that last part

Trough our research it appears that copy of this item can be made, so that both of your faction can get it. While not exclusive to your faction it will mean that both and she stress that point of you will have succeed in their mission and that both group will have made good on their duties. Or we can turn over that item to a neutral group who will hold it for both your faction to have access to it for your faction's research until your top leadership can decide what to do with it

DM, Beylinda can make a other diplo if you need and will be trying to sense motive (+2) during this conversation


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Feeling he needed to speak again finally, Gauntlet pipes up at this point.

"Agreed. This was not meant to be a bidding war. We wanted to be honest with you about our findings. All we ask for in turn is our promised payment and some information. Then we go our separate ways once you both have...hopefully... come to terms with the current situation as it is."

Turning to the lady, Gauntlet easily hides his disdain at her obvious lies. He points to the symbol on his forehead/helmet.

"Forgive the slight: My name is Gauntlet lady d'Vown. It is a...pleasure to meet you finally. You will have to understand I have had some misunderstandings with other Cannith during the war, so I do not give out my moniker to any Cannith easily."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn leans forward as if to speak but decides better of it and merely takes a drink instead.

we should have appointed a spokesperson before beginning... there are already too many people speaking for us, and too many different versions of what we really want... best not to add to it... we'll just have to hope that one of them can get us paid and on our way... this whole job has been a mess...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan leans back in his chair and says in a low tone, "Of course, if money's no object, then the real problem is how to save face... someone has to back down, and that never looks good to your patrons, unless you can show that it was the smart alternative. Or else you have to put differences aside and put House first - if you can convince your patrons."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Sense Motive

Erix replies to Suthar "If you are willing to pay both groups, then I think that is most acceptable. After all, that was the entire initial point of this venture. We recover something important to your House, and you pay us for said retrieval."

He turns then to Lady d'Vown "I'm going to hope you were a bit distracted by all that's going on, and didn't outright ignore Gauntlet, due to his specific personage. Anyway, agents of this Lord of Blades, attacked us, several times, seeking to wrest from our grasp the item we found on your behalf."

He pauses, considering the all the information. "House Cannith is well known as the creators of the Warforged, and I met many of them as a House Orien runner during the Last War. Lots of them named themselves similar to Gauntlet here. My guess is the Lord of Blades is a Warforged, and that this schema has something to do with their creation, yes?"

GM, if you feel this deductive leap is a bit much, Erix has Lore: Dragonmarked Houses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Still a bit desirous of wanting to remain out of the view of the two house members that are present, Ama left her plate of food untouched, and even her wine. She was following the conversation as it continued, but she was more looking at the individuals that would be prone to causing difficulties, should they arise.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

It should be noted that Xetovia has been staying reasonably close by to Lady d'Vown's side up at this point, as befitting her role as Bodyguard.

Of course, if there's any reason for her not to be (serving food for her Lady, Dev, and herself, for instance), Xetovia may try to get a closer look at the seated expedition teams using the gathering of food as a pretext- maybe even to question someone about the casualties. ;)

Quote:
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:
@Tool-Box: Do you want to serve Lady d'Vown and Dev or do you want Xetovia to do the serving? It'll be more or less getting the both of them some food and drink to their table, like what that one Warforged is doing for Suthar.

Upon seeing that one of Suthar's Warforged Guards is gathering some food and drink for their master, Xetovia will turn towards Tool-Box and ask in a low voice, "Tool-Box, should I go and get the food and drinks for all of us- excluding yourself, of course- or do you want to do that honor? Either way, one of us must stay close by Lady d'Vown."

Turning back over to face Lady d'Vown, Xetovia will add in, "With your leave, of course, Milady d'Vown.", with a quick curtsy.

My bad, forgot to give Tool-Box an in-game verbal prompt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will continue to stay silent also not eating nor drinking leaning into the larger then normal chair he has found just wanting to be paid and moving away from thia cluster of a job.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

Dev does his resolute best to not chime in to the conversation, despite being on the brink of exploding with questions for the two crews assembled in the room. Such a Group! I hope this stays calm and polite...sort of...

Still, he maintains his silence, hoping to impress Lady d'Vown with his discipline as a bodyguard, in the hopes that more work, especially with this crew, could follow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Suthar shakes his head at Beylinda's statement, "While a copy may be made, only the original is imbued to function as was intended. At least that is how I understand it and thus a copy while not worthless, is worth much less than the original".

Lady d'Vown takes her turn shaking her head at Erix's assertions, "No, you saw the Forge with your own eyes. It is ancient. Warforged are a recent creation".

Both ignore any other comments made to or about them.

The Lady nods to Xetovia smiling. Suthar stands and smiles, "Our choices in hiring do us proud. Unlike many "adventurers" these are men and woman and Warforged with integrity. I believe that..."

Lady d'Vown interrupts, "There is no need for that Suthar, I fear that your original statement was the correct one. It took me time to grasp that you were indeed correct in your proposition that Merrix himself should be the one to receive the Schema. In fact, if you like I can have one of my bodyguards contact him while we wait here, I am sure he would be interested to hear all about this..."

Suthar purses his lips, "Yes.. ah well... indeed. This is ah. Good news, that you have ah, seen it my way. I will take my leave and deliver to him the goods news that an arrangement has been reached. And of course, I will take the Schema".

Lady d'Vown shakes her head, "Dearest Suthar, I would not dream of at least getting some of the credit for retrieval, I insist we call him here to deliver it to him personally. After all, with my failure I may well need to find a new employer..."

Suthar looks back at his Warforged and then at all of you and Lady d'Vown assembled, "Indeed, well in that case, I shall allow you to pay these fine mercenaries what I promised them. Two hundred gold per head. In the meantime, I shall retrieve him and bring him back here forthwith!" He stands to go and motions for his Warforged to go with him.

Sense Motive - DC 20:
Suthar, despite getting what he proposed appears quite unnerved by the idea now that Lady d'Vown has supported it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Oh ffs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Pink eye finally chuckles and says sometimes its what we want that bothers the most, no?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nodding at the minotaur's wise statement he adds to it.

"Yes Pink-Eye, but there is often a major difference between what we want and what we truly need. Something warforged are most familiar with."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Getting those obligatory dice rolls out of the way. Sense Motive on Suthar, part 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19.

Spoiler:
Heh, can I, liekz, blames it on Caelan for being such a good influence? ;) Future note to fictional Not-self: embrace your own inner furred, horned monster-girlness... wait, that didn't quite come out as right! ;p

At this point, with little to do apart from awaiting any further responses and making sure Lady d'Vown was safe, Xetovia idly listens to the conversation going back and forth between both House Cannith Representatives and the combined expeditionary groups.

Her left hand, at this point, is still keeping at a mostly unnatural sort stillness although there was a point or two where it would move itself to rest upon her abdominal area (with all five fingers splaying out downwards to help keep the hand suspended upwards) whenever Xetovia was facing towards the assembled expeditionary group. When she would turn to face either Lady d'Vown or Suthar, that same left hand would re-position itself towards the direction of that very same seated expedition group though the Thranish Bodyguard does not seem to notice.

After listening to what Well-Dressed Woman (Beylinda) has to convey, Xetovia thinks Very well-spoken on her part; if what she says about making a copy of this...skeemah?... is true, things may still work out between both the two Cannith houses. Xetovia had briefly thought about discreetly suggesting to Lady d'Vown that she be allowed to examine the... skeemah... through her visual re-collective skill, via autohypnosis, but that thought gets just as easily shot down once Suthar makes mentions of its' inherent magical properties.

With the Warforged known as Gauntlet, Xetovia gives a quick glance back over at Tool-Box. It's obvious now that this one named Gauntlet wasn't hired by the Lady; a pity though- the way he casually comports himself among the others at a dining table- quite possibly, he could become a good influence for Tool-Box....

Seeing Caelan of House Orien doing his best to help keep the conversation going along in a civilized manner, Xetovia thinks, Also astute and well put, Caelan. Still as diplomatic and mercifully aligned as you were back during the end of the Last War.

It is what the other member of House Orien outright says that possibly catches the most attention from Xetovia with his mostly correct presumption of the Lord of Blades being a Warforged. Even more importantly... the remote possibility for this... skeemah... to help create more Warforged- something that was expressly forbidden by the Treaty of Thronehold! Luckily, Lady d'Vown's reasonable explanation does help to ease Xetovia's worried train of thought with that veiled accusation. Still, it doesn't prevent any occasional sidelong glances at both of the Cannith representatives upon her own part though.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Finally, it is Suthar's own parting words to both Lady d'Vown and the Expeditionary parties that draws out a slightly disgruntled and disdainful verbal response from Xetovia, right after both the Minotaur's own amused response to Suthar's words along with Gauntlet's own informatively commentative reply. This Minotaur, Pink-Eye... he's a worshiper of Balinor of the Host!? But he has such an unimposing name for one so fearsome looking!

It might have been that combined shock of learning both the Minotaur's religious leanings plus his apparent given name of "Pink-Eye" that pushes the Thranish Vampire Hunter turned Bodyguard to forget her own place as she sarcastically utters out aloud, "How very generous of you to offer such a reward like that from our Lady's very own pocket, Lord Suthar, when you yourself couldn't even keep your own agreed-upon payment promises straight!", complete with the appropriate facial expression to match.

When she realizes just what she had done, Xetovia will look slightly abashed at her own outburst and hastily follows up with a quiet "...May the Flame forgive me."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus sits as far away from their Cannith employers and their servants as he can, wanting to minimize the number of possible enemies within range of his his healing should violence erupt, and he keeps quiet during the proceedings. All this posturing and double-talk - now I see why the Cap'n took so large a share. If this is what dealings with the Houses are normally like, it's a wonder anyone ever gets paid!

Sense Motive v Suthar DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Beylinda just looks carefully as the man exit and give a small nod to gauntlet


1 person marked this as a favorite.
none Warforged Artificer 2

Hard Weekend.
Toolbox bows before Lady d'Vown."Is it your wish that I join this quest?"
He is clearly overwelmed by the presence of so many breathers, but still he is absolutly unsure what to do. But he keeps to his first word and his first word was to Lady d'Vown.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Suthar gives Xetovia a sidelong glance but says nothing further as he and his Warforged brutes step out into the early evening on Sharn.

Lady d'Vown grins and turns to the assembled expeditionary groups, "Well, as you all went through the trouble to serve such a fine meal it seems a shame not to enjoy it eh?

Why don't we all get to know one another a bit better, then, when Suthar fails to return with Merrix, you can hand the schema over to me and I shall dole you all out your payment, what was it? Two hundred gold per head?"

Lady d'Vown grins at Tool-Box, "My friend, I sense this quest is at an end. Dev, Xetovia come sit enjoy the feast".

Mickey P. stares at the Lady, "How do ye know the employer fer my group won't be coming back High Lady?"

Lady d'Vown replies, "Guess and I will tell you if you are right... Mister?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet wishes he could scowl.

"Yes, fine...Wait! How about a proper wager: If we guess correctly, you must tell us about this Lord of Blades then? You proposed the contest, it is only fair we set the stakes. If we cannot guess in five tries, then you can keep...twenty-five percent of what you owe us?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Lady d'Vown opens her mouth in mock shock, "You would gamble with a woman of my impeccable standing?" She pauses for dramatic effect, "I accept your bet Gauntlet, drop the proverbial gauntlet and strike me with your first theory..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Leaning towards the closest of his companions, Gauntlet whispers.

"Any suggestions?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looks at the woman and back to the warforged whi made the bet and says:

my suggestion since there was no clarifications on the wager is to sit here asking one question every six hours until twenty four hours has passed and we still have one question left. By then the man will for sure have returned or no, and perhaps we might guess to a major houses player was at the very least embarrased and not wanting to bring attention to his gambling and losing against the lady here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

At Gauntlet's suggestion of a wager, Viorr sits up sharply.

"I beg your pardon, Gauntlet...but I should think that before you dole away the payments of your colleagues, you should perhaps discuss this with them, no? I, for one, do not agree to these terms!

I am not interested in why or why not the gentleman of House Cannith may or may not return, only that payment is made for services rendered. Lady, " he says, bowing his head politely to Lady d'Vown, " No disrespect is intended, and perhaps there are those among my colleagues more used to the workings of the Dragonmarked houses, but I would prefer to keep my dealing simple."

With a bit of a frustrated glance at Gauntlet, he leans back in his chair again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Worried he may have offended his new friends, Gauntlet tries to reassure Viorr and the others.

"Do not worry. I will cover your loss here, if we lose and you wish it."

He then turns back to the lady.

"Our first guess...Merrix is dead, or otherwise not physically available to be retrieved today by your colleague."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

The Lady appears amused at the back and forth between the mercenaries.

"No disrespect received. Yet again though I am at a loss. You all know my name and I know so few of your names, or Houses, as it seems some of you are from other Houses yes?"

She considers Gauntlet's first guess, "No, that is incorrect. One down, four to go".

Mickey responds, "I am Mickey P, veteran of the Last War".

The Lady nods to him respectfully, "I am glad that you survived and hope that indeed, that is the last such war ever to occur".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Viorr of Valenor, m'lady, also a veteran of your Five Kingdom's Last War."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Caelan d'Orien, and by all the gods of the Sovereign Host and the Silver Flame too, if we're going to be here for a while can we get some drinks for everyone?" says Caelan. He glances about trying to figure out if anyone might be an obvious servant who can be sent on that task, then steps to the edge of the door and leans out and tries to flag down one of the servants first seen when the group arrived at the Festhall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn sighs and shakes his head as Gauntlet makes his wager.

for f#ck sake... is it really too much to ask to just get paid...

He doesn't bother to reintroduce himself, since he's already met the lady, but when Gauntlet's first guess proves incorrect he leans towards the warforged and offers, "perhaps he is not returning because he had no intention of handing the schema over to this Merrix."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nodding, Gauntlet agrees to Taryn's suggestion. Out loud, he suggest it.

"Next guess: He is not returning because he has no intention of handing the schema over to this Merrix."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Lady d'Vown half frowns and half smiles, "Whose side are you on Taryn d'Lyrandar? Indeed, that is the correct answer. He shan't be back.

As I will be paying you, I shall double your payment to 400 gold per head, if you swear secrecy of what I am about to tell you", she turns and looks back at dev, Tool-Box, and Xetovia. "Good pay for two days of security eh?"

"And of course, I will also tell you all we have learned of the Lord of Blades".

Caelan is able to get the attention of the serving girls in the back who begin to fill mugs of ale for the group.

Caelan:
Note that you do recognize Xetovia and this would be a good time to speak with her...

Taryn:
This would be a good time to enlist Viorr's assistance with finding your cousin and brother as he is the only Elf in the room...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nodding, Gauntlet agrees almost magnanimously.

"Thank you Lady d'Vown. Your generosity is most welcome."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: Yes; Active Energy: Cold

"Well THIS has certainly taken a turn for the interesting," Dev thinks, as Lady d'Vown takes command of the room.
"Far too generous, My Lady, but I won't dishonor you by arguing against your price. 'Twas an honor protecting you, and a pleasure to be in your company." Dev offers a very large, but genuine, smile to Lady d'Vown, focusing on her before turning towards the others in the room. To his credit, he was being honest. The money was good, yes, but an evening discussing his craft with a Cannith noble was almost certainly more valuable.

"By the way," he says to the others in the brief lull, "I'm Dev Blake: full-time Jeweler, part-time Psionic Detective. Lovely to meet your acquaintance." As he glances around the players in the room, having inspected their appearance thoroughly over the last few minutes, he focuses on Ama, still trying hard to appear mundane, though the well-made ring on her hand clearly marks her an Arcanix alumna.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama's eyes were bouncing back and forth between those conversing, and taking notes on the way they were comporting themselves. As more and more people introduced themselves, she made her introduction with a bit of a nervous smile. "Ama Freewater, Arcanix graduate and former Librarian of the Sharn Library." Politely nodding, she added. "A pleasure."

'I am certainly in unique company', she thought, as she looked around at everyone, giving deference to Lady d'Vown. Dev Blake's words did pique her interest and she directed her attention back to him. "'Psionic', you say?"

At least, that was what she managed before she reined her curiosity back in before it got away from her. She had opened her mouth to continue her line of inquiry, but then remembered their company and refrained.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan waves over the serving lady with the pitchers of ale, pours a pair of cups, takes one for himself and brings one over to Xetovia. He raises the mug to her and says, "Fancy seeing you here. Quite a distance from the last time, hmm? Cheers."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn approaches Viorr while people are moving about and talking. He crouches next to his tenuous ally and quietly says, "excuse me, Viorr, I have a bit of a problem and I heard that you might be able to help with it... I came to Sharn because my brother was here and he went missing, and now Rission--the only member of my House I've even met in the city--has disappeared as well. Is it possible that you might be able to help me find them?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr pauses for a moment, then smiles.

"I find myself at the end of a commission, with coin in my pocket and time on my hands. I have found that idleness does not suit me, so yes, I will help as well I may.

Mind you, I am no inqusisitve, to poke in the corners, but if a willing hand and a ready blade may be of help, I am at your disposal." He offers a hand and forearm to Taryn.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

As Suthar and his Warforged Guards finally make their exit, Xetovia lets out a quick sigh of relief. If Lady d'Vown hadn't acknowledged him as being a fellow peer, I would never have guessed that they were even part of the very same House- fractured though it may seem...

Luckily, the mood within the Festhall lightens considerably thereafter once the representatives of Cannith South are gone. The Thranish Vampire Hunter turned Bodyguard gives a grateful nod to Lady d'Vown after the Lady of Cannith West had given some reassuring words to a nervous Tool-Box (something that Xetovia would've only realized well after the fact) and invited both Dev and her to dine with the others.

Although there were a few more surprising moments in store for Xetovia, such as unspoken implication of both the one-legged veteran known as Mickey and Caelan not being among those hired by the Lady herself, the biggest surprise by far was not only this Gauntlet's almost human-like wagering challenge to Lady d'Vown (much to the spoken chagrin of some of the Warforged's own compatriots) but also Lady d'Vown's own good-natured acceptance (and the second round loss) of said wagering challenge! Seems I was right about the Elf, Viorr, being one of Suthar's hires, along with the Half Elven man, Taryn... of House Lyrandar, being one of the Lady's hires. If Mickey P. wasn't hired by the Lady, perhaps the bandaged Half...no, she definitely said that the person with long-standing injuries was human. The casualties to both combined groups must've been very considerable at that.

The Lady's generous payment promise to everybody present, including her Bodyguards, brings about another quick curtsy from Xetovia (just as surprised by this gesture as any of the others) to Lady d'Vown, along with her own heartfelt reply of "It has also been an honor to serve as your bodyguard, Milady d'Vown of House Cannith, West; may the Blessings of the Silver Flame light your way." not long after Dev's own given statement of gratitude to the Lady of Cannith West.

Caelan d'Orien wrote:
Caelan waves over the serving lady with the pitchers of ale, pours a pair of cups, takes one for himself and brings one over to Xetovia. He raises the mug to her and says, "Fancy seeing you here. Quite a distance from the last time, hmm? Cheers."

Now with the festive atmosphere among all the respective parties being well and truly underway, Xetovia spots Caelan approaching towards her with drinks in both of his hands. Taking the offered mug with her right hand and a warm smile, Xetovia replies back to the familiar Scion of Orien with, "Many Blessings of the Silver Flame to you, Caelan, and to your House, Orien. It truly was... and under some very trying circumstances back then, as I could recall. May our meeting this day come to a more auspicious start. Cheers." as she raises her cup to him in return.

Now that they were much closer together (as opposed to being on opposite sides of a separated table during the negotiations between both parties and both factions of House Cannith), Xetovia notices something a bit more different with Caelan's appearance compared to when they last saw each other during the latter end of the Last War. Tilting her head slightly to the left, the Thranish Vampire Hunter says, "Is that... eyeliner... that you are now wearing, Caelan?" with a gently bemused smile.

Xetovia herself, having fallen under some financial difficulties before meeting Pierce, is currently eschewing any use of makeup.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

amused by the back and forth of the question and seeing that the atmosphere has lifted beylinda takes a bit back and seems to be lost in some tough

I am beylinda, arcanist she says before going back to her drink


1 person marked this as a favorite.
none Warforged Artificer 2

Nodding once or twice Tool-box points to himself and speaks up.
"This unit´s name is Tool-box."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn grasps the elf's forearm and gives it a hardy shake. "Thank you," he answers with an appreciative nod.

Returning to his former seat, the half-elf takes a few bites of food then leans over to Carduus and quietly mentions, "Viorr, one of the elves from the other group, is willing to help us look into our comrades' disappearance."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

I am called Pink eye by folk such as yourselves he says and picks up a whole pitcher of water and starts guzzling.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix nods a thanks to Lady d'Vown "Erix d'Orien, cousin to Caelan, Dragonmarked scion."

When his cousin makes the announcement about drinks, he grins "Yes, it would be a shame to let my 'strategic suggestion' of meeting at a feasthall go to waste"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan fills a cup and passes it to Erix, then turns back to Xetovia and says, "Yes, it's a bit stylish, isn't it? Wait, did it get smudged?" He lifts his metal mug and tries to catch sight of his reflection in its surface, but it's too distorted to tell. "Dang it, I did just spend a bunch of time basically wandering around in the undercity, I tried to touch it up before coming back here but you know how hard it is to do without a good mirror, especially when you're at the end of your eyeliner pencil."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Upon hearing his cousin lament his makeup woes, Erix digs around in his belt pouches, and produces a small handheld mirror and a brand new eyeliner pencil "Here ya go, ya whiny baby. I can't believe you don't keep backups/spares on you" He teases, handing them over. Items from a disguise kit


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet stands slowly and moves to flank the food table. He glances over at each person as they introduce themselves. Once the 'banter' is finished, he 'carefully' pushes his agenda again.

"Now that that is over...Please: Speak of the Lord of Blades as soon as you feel ready my Lady. I assure you, this information will be kept confidential as much as possible."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Xetovia gives a nod and friendly smile to Erix while Caelan passes a drink over to his cousin. Raising her cup to Erix once his offered cup is in hand, Xetovia introduces herself to the man who had openly described himself to Lady d'Vown as a fellow Scion of House Orien and close cousin to Caelan. "Well met, Erix of House Orien. I am Xetovia Phlogiston of Thrane; formerly with the Argent Anthracites. Your cousin and I had met about four years ago prior under some... challenging circumstances. Many blessings of the Silver Flame to you and to your esteemed House, Orien."

Xetovia finds herself stifling her laughter as Caelan suddenly finds himself self-consciously worrying over the present state of his eyeliner. With Erix's timely intervention of a handheld mirror and eyeliner pencil, Xetovia, taking another swig from her drinking cup, remarks to Caelan, "It is a look that suits you very well, Milord Caelan."

Is Erix also sporting that stylish eyeliner look? ;)

Viorr, Pink-Eye, Gauntlet, Mickey P., Caelan, and Erix. They were all hired by this Suthar or so I would presume. Did they have a seventh member, if so, who? Was it an equal number to the ones Lady d'Vown had hired? It is all very tempting to just ask Caelan and Erix outright.

When Gauntlet moves towards bringing the discussion back over to the subject of the Lord of Blades, Xetovia's left hand could be seen "spidering" its' way along Xetovia's midsection so that the very back of her left hand could have a relatively unobstructed view of the Warforged (only if anyone really cares or bothers enough to notice) as he calls to the assembled room for attention. The Thranish Woman who openly wears the symbol of the Silver Flame upon her person doesn't really seem to pay all that much heed towards its' quiet antics.

601 to 650 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.