The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


501 to 550 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Wow. Suggestion made. Someone want to shoot me down?


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

"Makin' a copy's all well and good, assuming you'll be the ones taking it. I'm not going to risk my reputation or my payment by misleading my employer with false goods," Carduus grumbles.

Assuming Ama & Friends aren't willing to give up the original:
"We could pick an alternate location, public and to all our likings, and inform our employers that they'll have to take delivery there or not at all. We run the risk of those that hired us fightin' over the damn thing, but that's better than us fightin' over it, the way I figure."

EDIT to add spoilered bit.


Shadow's Status

Ama and Characters who Succeed at a Knowledge Arcana DC 13 Check:
Copying of a Schema requires specific skill which would allow the Arcanist to extract the information from one Schema to another while preserving the first Schema. Likely only a member of House Cannith would be able to do it. Thus while a facsimile could be made in short order and for cheap a copy is no possible at least not without significant gold...more gold than either party was paid to retrieve the Schema in the first place.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Thoughtful, Ama was still stealing glances at the breastplates that they had claimed. Half of her mind was working on the problem at hand, the other part was working on a concern that she was almost gleeful that she had to contemplate. Still, she figured that she could not outright claim one of them, whatever her purposes, and with a forlorn note, sighed as she turned to address the others.

"A copy..." A muttered word of "shishe" and a formalized motion of her hands as if she were opening a book put negligible effort and skill into the casting of a cantrip, and she took off her pack to put her attention onto it. "...is not something I possess the skill for. The object of our mission is highly specialized, and I am not one who has the necessary specialization. Any copy attempted would be a poor facsimile."

She blinked away her spell as she put her pack back on, and looked to ~shudder~ Carduus. "Your suggestion has the most merit so far."
_________________________________
K.(Arcana)@10= 17
Perception just in case: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Does the Schema detect as magical?


Shadow's Status

Ama:
It does not detect as magical. However, there is a strong chance that it's magical aura is suppressed purposely.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

we could all turn the schema in together and claim both rewards at once?Pink Eye says with a shrug


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan blinks, then says, "That's, uh, not a bad idea."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet shrugs as well.

"Then let's let our employers hash it out. We'll work together and convince both Cannith to accept the Schema together. Let them worry about sharing the information."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Might I suggest not telling them both that fact until we are in front of them? Shall we let them both meet us at the same time - arranged separately for each of them? "


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus nods at Viorr. "Aye, that was my thought. If they know ahead of time, it's more like that one or both will just hire someone else to steal it from us rather than negotiate."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Agreed.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

"Then it seems that we have an agreement." Ama was glad that this did not devolve into violence. Shrugging the pack on her back to settle the straps a little better, she pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Next question: Do we want to examine this Schema at all?"

Holding up both hands to forestall any reactionary outbursts, she explained. "It is just a thought. I might be able to make sense of some of it, with enough time to study, but that also depends on how quickly we want to be rid of it." She gestured at the fallen Warforged, "As soon as possible would be my personal choice, given the company that we seem to be attracting."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Again Gauntlet replies in the affirmative.

"Please do Lady Ama. Our employer never said anything about NOT looking at it. It would be nice to know if this item is really worth the lives of our compatriots that were lost."

Gauntlet raises a hand and shows his strange mark.

"However be warned: If Cannith wants it badly enough, we SHOULD be cautious. Trust me. I know what I speak of from personal experience."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan hikes his thumb at Gauntlet and says, "Yeah, I trust this guy. Let's turn this hot potato into someone else's problem sooner rather than later."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"Study it at your own peril," Taryn advises, "knowledge of that 'schema'" whatever that means "seems to be what got the professor killed..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

Weary, the two mercenary groups exit the forgotten forges of House Cannith making their way to the City of Sharn proper. Of the Rat's Market there is no sign. No doubt it will return when needed.

As you exit to the surface you find it is mid-morning. Despite the rest you took in the forge you are all quite tired from the endeavor.

Due to the fact that none wish to take their eyes of the prize, despite the haul from the forge, both groups head back to the humble home of Gauntlet's veteran friend Mickey P. Part of the reason too is that he lives just above the lower levels of Sharn so the trip there is relatively quick.

You knock on the front door and after a few moments he opens it, his eyes light up at the sight of you all, "Wow. That is one hell of a haul guys!" He looks at Taryn, Carduus, and Beylinda with interest, "Who are these three? You pick up some mercs to help in the lower levels?"

Ama sits down and begins to inspect the Schema more closely. Unlike most Schema she has read about this one is not shaped like a flat strip of metal. Instead it is an adamantine plate shaped into a seven-pointed star. It is slightly more than six inches long from point to point, and is covered with strange engraved patterns. She pulls out the old map located next to the schema. Basic spells for detecting magic seem incapable of ascertaining the secrets of the schema.

Suthar d'Cannith hired Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Caelan, Erix, and Viorr to retrieve the schema, their rendezvous point was the Golden Horn.

Meanwhile, Lady Elaydren d'Vown hired Carduus, Taryn, Beylinda, Dharrak, Rission and the fallen Haqueton to retrieve the schema, their rendezvous point was the Broken Anvil.

The question of course becomes, what neutral site would work best for all groups to meet and finalize the transactions? IN addition, some of you will need to fence the goods recovered from the forge, there is a pretty penny to be had from the goods retrieved from therein.

Knowledge Geography DC 15:
The old map shows a number of cryptic symbols spread throughout what appears to be ancient depictions of the territory now divided between the Mournland and Darguun.

Taryn:
You will probably want to let Rission and Dharrak know where you are. When you all parted in the valve clusters, they had decided to head to Sergeant Dolom with the information known at that time.

Ama:
After your inspection, you believe that an Identify spell will best serve you in cracking the secrets of this schema or at least aid in starting to crack the secrets.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"We've got a unique item, very valuable, which many buyers would love to get their hands on... and we're in Sharn, wouldn't be too hard to find someone else. And we did the job when it was too dangerous for the House to send their own, so threatening us if we don't sell it is not the kind of thing that carries a lot of weight - cheaper just to buy it at our price, rather than hiring yet another team of killers to take it from us," says Caelan, thinking out loud about the team's position and organizing his thoughts for negotiations.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Sorry I've been so quiet, wasn't really sure what I could add

"We need a neutral spot for this exchange to happen, right? What about the Vista View feast hall? Maybe you could act as mediator, Mickey?"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Whether you realize it or not, Cannith has plenty of warforged still loyal to them. They won't cost Cannith any real money to take us out. They'll just be a few 'hired servants' with plenty of fresh Cannith forged equipment 'out for a stroll' and that suddenly went bezerk for no reason. Unless we want both Cannith masters on our backs, we need to deal with them directly. It is both logical and legal. Sharn does have laws on this sort of thing. Besides...these Cannith will want to know this 'Lord of Blades' is wanting this schema, if they don't already. Who he is and what he wants? Who knows. But I bet the Cannith know something about him. Therefore they will have answers we need."

Turning to the quiet Erix, Gauntlet nods.

"The Vista View is a nice place to do it. Low enough in Sharn to avoid trouble, but a well known establishment. Therefore, the Cannith should not have too many hesitations about it. It is also used often for clandestine deals such as this. The owner is usually very aggressive about his 'Private Parties' being kept private. It may cost us though."


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

While she had been holding one spell— or at least the capability for a spell— back just in case, her study of the Schema hit a wall. She was not sure that it was a bad thing, so much as she would be burning with curiosity until she could find out. Sighing in temporary defeat, she packed the map and the schema away.

"It requires magic I do not have— yet." She looked at the lot, her hands busy undoing her braid in frustration. "I need the magic to identify any properties that it may have, and that is one I do not possess." A slight smile quirked the corner of her mouth, and she gave a half shrug.

"That is, unless we want to go get it. If we do, it will take a couple hours and a fair amount of funds for me to render it usable, and then I could have more information than we have now."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

while we set up our mutual and neutral rendevous let us use coin to buy the spell for Ama and fence our goods. I would like to keep some of the metal as my share instead of selling it all.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

A scroll of identify would be easy to purchase and then we can get own with everything


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

Mickey shrugs, "Sure I'll do that Erix, after all, if you don;t get that item to our employer I don;t get my cut. You all stay here, I'll send out feelers to both of your respective employers. Damn Houses. Gauntlet, you were right, can't trust 'em! Err. No offense Caelan and Erix.

You want this exchange to go down tomorrow or the next day?" Mickey takes his leave after he gets his answer.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn quietly smirks at Mickey's bringing up of House Orien in connection with a lack of trustworthiness.

he probably would have included me too if he'd realized, but its still funny...


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"I would say tomorrow - let us leave as little time as we can for the skulduggery and the double-crosses."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

Mickey P heads out to inform your respective employers of the new rendezvous point at the Vista View Festhall. Of course, he has to book it first so his trip will take some time.

Caelan heads out to sell the goods acquired from the Forges which were clearly not magical in nature. Who wants to go with him?

Ama meanwhile heads to the Library to acquire or buy depending on the mood of the Head Librarian a scroll of Identify. I assume Pink-Eye and Beylinda go with her.

The rest of you are able to relax in the cramped, dingy quarters of Mickey P. Well, at least he has plenty of food and alcohol...

If you wish to do something other than go with Caelan or stay at Mickey P's, let me know.

=======

The Sharn Library

As Ama, Beylinda, and Pink-Eye arrive at the Library they are ushered back to the Head Librarian immediately The young man at the front desk appears to be in awe of Pink-Eye and cannot take his eyes off of the Minotaur, "That will be enough Tsathuk". The Librarian softly scolds. As the young man exits the now cramped office, Atiel sighs, "I am glad to see you well Ama! That you braved the undercity on a quest for knowledge reminds me of myself as a young man. Tell me, did you find what the Professor was looking for? Or our lost reference books?"


Shadow's Status

Did anyone attempt the Knowledge Geography roll I called for above?


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama greeted the Head Librarian pleasantly, but the day so far was wearing on her. Her hair had been braided again, and its length hung free. "Not yet, sir. Our books are still missing, but I think we may have found something that the Professor mentioned in his journal... Maybe." She looked a bit embarrassed. "I do not possess the right magic to check, but that should be rectified soon. On a somewhat related note, I intend to do business with the house of Zilargo. Do we have any contact with them?" She at least was aware enough to look suitably contrite when she asked that question.

While normally she would not ask like this, she felt she had enough of the qualities that she probably would not get as much run-around as if she started in the shopping district.
_______________________________________________
Untrained Geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Atiel grins, "We have dealings with all of the Houses my dear, do you mean to deal with the Gnomes directly? What magic do you seek, perhaps I can be of assistance?"


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will stand stoicly and just as the young librarian is to leave will wink at him almost.... suggestively and then chortle and listen to the conversation quietly.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - [/ooc]Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda[/ooc]

Ama returned his grin with a smile. Atiel was one of her more favorite bosses. "Their elemental grafts have been a subject of awe for me, and I wanted to see about acquiring one." She did a poor job of concealing how excited she was to even be able to ask about the item, let alone have a chance at actually acquiring one.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will try and repair his damaged body.

Craft(Armor Smithing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

8 hours passes, but the only thing anybody hears are banging noises and curses!

Craft(Armor Smithing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

After another 8 hours of banging and cursing Gauntlet comes back into Mickey's main area less bad off than he was before.

Immediately after, he rests and seems to drift off in meditation.
Getting his spells back.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"I've done a little bit of navigating, on one of our house airships..." Taryn comments as items are being separated for sale, "I'd like very much to keep this map if nobody minds?"

As others head off to the library and merchants he departs to meet with Rission and Dharrak to let them know how the remainder of the expedition went.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Don't have knowledge (geography) trained.

Caelan wanders off to the market and says, "You all sure nobody else wants to come? I'll write down the sales figures so you can make sure I'm not cheating anyone."


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

"I'll come with ya cousin, not much else to do" Erix offers.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Redstone Shops of Upper Dura - Caelan & Erix d'Orien

The two House d'Orien agents head to the Upper Dura to seek a buyer for their wares. Finding a Dwarf who deal in weaponry, a Haskur Grindscale, you step into his shop. He unwraps all of your goods and inspects them.

tDB ONLY:
Appraise 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20. Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Fine quality make, fine quality indeed! I'll offer you 55% of market value for them a you two drive a hard bargain".

I will assume that Erix takes 10 to give Caelan a 15 on the Diplomacy check to negotiate.

Sense Motive DC 25:
There is something about these items he is not telling you...


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Taryn

Taryn heads to several locations to look for Rission and Dharakk, they are nowhere to be found and no one has seen them!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Atiel chuckles, "Well you certainly set your sights high my dear! I could help you with a contact that can provide you a discount do you have anything to offer in trade?

Is there anything else you would need assistance with my dear?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

Gauntlet repairs himself, after what sounds to be a few difficulties. Then he seemingly shuts down.

Viorr and Carduus remain behind with Gauntlet, after all, having gone throgh all the trouble to get the schema, having someone steal it now would be unsettling.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Now or never, straight face, calm. "I am willing— provided there is no objections from the rest, and I presume there should not be— to offer an adamantine breastplate in exchange. I think the material will likely be more useful to them than its shape."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

you've got to be f@#€ing kidding me... Taryn thinks with growing frustration as he runs out of places to check for his associates, first this city swallows up my brother and now the only member of the House I know here has vanished too... not to mention another one of the very few people I've made the acquaintance of... I better get back to Carduus and the others before they're gone too...

He makes his haste back to what remains of his original group and quietly shares his alarming discovery with them.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
Ama Freewater wrote:

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Now or never, straight face, calm. "I am willing— provided there is no objections from the rest, and I presume there should not be— to offer an adamantine breastplate in exchange. I think the material will likely be more useful to them than its shape."

Did we just get scammed out of a bunch of Gold (our portions of ~10K!) so Ama could get an 'elemental graft' whatever that is? Using an item we found is one thing, but grabbing it personally to sell/trade personally takes...I'm just trying to be polite here...gumption?


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Mickey P's House

As the afternoon drifts into evening, Taryn returns to Mickey's home finding Viorr and Carduus in the main area resting. Both appear alert but a bit tired.

Gauntlet, you are in Mickey's room "shut down" but if you wish to interact here feel free to do so.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - Redstone Shops of Upper Dura - Caelan & Erix d'Orien

Erix Sense Motive - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 + Caelan Assist = 26

Erix narrows his eyes, "Alright, what aren't you telling us about these!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The Dwarf huffs, "Alright. I'll tell ya. See this maker's mark?" he points to a small mark etched on most of the equipment. "This is House Cannith stuff but old, I mean collector's item old. I don;t know where you found this stuff but I'll make you an offer for all of it".

He is pointing to these specific items - (1) Masterwork Dagger, (1) Masterwork Chain Shirt, (1) Masterwork Longsword, (1) Masterwork Heavy Mace, (1), Masterwork Mace, (3), Masterwork Small Steel Shields, found in the Forge. The silver Masterwork Battle Axe Pink-Eye already retained. I believe Taryn wanted to retain the Chain Shirt but it seems to have some value beyond its basic utility.

"These items alone, 48,000 gold. The rest of it, we can discuss but I won't go any higher on these items..."


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Tenth Day of Dravago - The Sharn Library - Ama, Pink-Eye and Beylinda

Atiel smiles, "I will make them the offer and let you know within a few days whether or not it will be accepted.

Now, I cannot imagine you came here just for that..."


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix eyes go wide "Well, I believe that's probably acceptable, right cousin?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"I don't think anyone will complain about that, cuz."


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus stays behind at Mickey P's place, mulling over their current situation in silence while Gauntlet bangs away at himself in the next room. Rival employers, warforged assassins, ancient metal guard dogs, and a gods-forsaken minotaur - all for a five-way split of 925 marks. Well, four-way split - seems like Haqueton's dead, or unfixable, or whatever. He drums his fingers on the table in irritation. Not my fault he was made a warforged; they got less of whatever it is that keeps most folk alive - and that I now got an excess of - inside of 'em. I couldn't o' helped if I was standing right next to 'im with bandages and magic at the ready. The medic lets out a rattling sigh and turns his mind back to the job. So, a four-way split. Well, a three-way split if Taryn can't find Dharakk again. So 925 three ways is... He stops his tapping and begins counting off on his fingers. ...300 and change. All that for 300 and change. He sits still for several long moments, then shrugs.

Still better than fightin' in the war fer nothin'. Besides, maybe them fancy breastplates will actually be worth somethin'.

501 to 550 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.