The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


301 to 350 of 703 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Hero Point to attack roll: 1d6 ⇒ 1 = 16 to hit with alchemist's fire
Here's hopin' that there swarm's got a 16 touch AC!


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Unlike Beylinda's, Carduus' flask is no dud and lights up the bugs. Still the size of the swarm is fairly large!

Erix attempts to flank the swarm and as it draws near he attacks! Scoprion Whip Attack - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 - Whip Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. The whip snaps away some of the beetles from threatening but not nearly enough.

Taryn as well releases his Readied action hammer-blow upon the swarm.
Earthbreaker Attack - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - Earthbreaker Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15 - 1/2 damage. Though the strike does more damage to the floor than the bugs the amount of guts and shells splattered on the ground and the weapon are a testament to Taryn's prowess.

DMB ONLY:
Swarm AC 16 - HP = 12/26

The little scuttling horrors finally move to and engulf Erix, Taryn, and Pink-Eye. Swarm Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5 You each receive that much damage. Any attempt to cast a spell will require a concentration check.

Still, the swarm is slow moving enough that each of the victims receive a last strike against these bugs!

Initiative Round 1 -
Pink-Eye, Taryn, & Erix, you all receive a AoO as the swarm approaches, threatens, and ultimately engulfs your current spaces.
Caelan - GO!

Initiative - Round 2
Everyone BUT Caelan - GO!
Beetle Swarm
Caelan.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

let me axe you a question: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

axe damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

aoo miss

axe attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

axe damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

miss again dice hate me, five foot step to leave the swarm


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, for: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11

Taryn scowls at the ineffectiveness of his attack then, with a glint of anger in his eyes he grips his hammer all the tighter and brings it down again...

power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, for: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19

Deciding that the distraction of the biting bugs is what's preventing his effectiveness, he spins to fling them off then jumps and flips away from the swarm.

moving 10' from the swarm so it will have to provoke again to cover me. I don't know if they threaten but I'm using acrobatics to avoid an AoO if they do...
acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

ouch- right there with you this round Pink-eye


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

The carpet of beetles was disturbing on several levels. The least of which being that they were in quantities that she had never seen before and only heard about in stories from a couple of the bards that had traveled to the Arcanix. Pink-Eye and Taryn in the positions that they were in, she was hesitant to try to render any magical aid, but the two of them moving away gave her a chance. A whispered word and a pointed finger sent a line of winter at the swarm.
_____________________________________
Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20, Damage(cold): 1d3 ⇒ 1

Prepared Spells:
0th: Light, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st: Color Spray, Mage Armor


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 1

Having nothing more that could affect the swarm Beylinda double moves out of its path


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Feeling useless, Gauntlet hops down from his useless perch and charges the swarm eagerly.

+1 Mindblade (Greatsword): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 1/2 damage = 4 pts


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Round 1

Caelan drops more alchemical fire on the beetles.

Throw Vial 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Fire Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

The fire bursts in the middle of the swarm burning up yet more of the hostile vermin.

Caelan mark off one of those two fires you had!

Round 2

Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, and Taryn all find the act of striking the floor much more difficult than it appears to be at first glance it's as if the creatures move around the parties attempts to squash them.

Beylinda retreats watching the outcome of the battle from the ruins nearby. Ama steps forward and sends a spell of frost at the bugs which appears to freeze a nominal amount of them. The swarm does appear to be breaking up but not fast enough!

Initiative Round 2
Erix, Carduus, and Viorr GO!
The Swarm
Caelan

tDB ONLY:
Swarm HP= 7/26


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix carefully extracts himself from the swarm, moving next to a wall, so he can try and climb in after. Withdrawal action, getting as close to a wall as possible


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr roots around in his pack for a torch, then fumbles in his belt pouch for his flint and steel. In a few seconds, a spark has caught the pitch.

Take a round to retrieve and light a torch.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

ROUND 2

Carduus keeps his distance from the swarm while maneuvering to try and keep within 30 feet of Erix, Pink-Eye, and Taryn. I've used most of my excess energy already; best to save what's left if I can.

Burning alchemist's fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire dmg to the swarm
Maneuvering around swarm as described, avoiding AoOs, double moving if necessary.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

As Carduus' flask flares so does Beylinda's.

Fire 1d6 ⇒ 5

The flares, while not destroying all of the bugs, burn hot enough to destroy its cohesiveness as a swarm.

Combat Over!

The fires reveal a bit more of this ancient ruin.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Let's continue. This place is obviously larger than we thought."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Nodding in agreement, Viorr jams his torch into a crevice in the rocks, then moves ahead and to the right, moving to scout that flank.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

As the group spreads Pink Eye dusts himself of remaining bugs and begins to move forward with eyes ever scanning hands ready on his axe.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Well it was supposed to be a research / production facility, so it stands to reason that it would be large she replied taking a place in the middle of the group


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn scrapes the bug guts off his hammer as best he can. Then, rubbing the dozens of tiny bleeding bites on his legs and arms, he quietly takes a place near the center of the group.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Both companies fan out to explore the rest of the ruin. Initially a side passage to the right and the left of the complex look promising but after a brief exploration, it is clear that the way is too choked by rubble to be worth excavating further. North the ruins loom before the group as they once again converge and move forward with caution. Leaving a few torches behind in the ruins to provide full spectrum illumination in case of a quick retreat the oppressiveness of the darkness lightens.

Soon enough an actual structure is discovered. Ancient symbols adorn the outer wall though the door that once closed off this structure to the rest of the area has long since crumbled to dust.

Knowledge Religion DC 12:
These are symbols of Onatar,
god of artifice and the forge.

Explore inside the structure or keep moving?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Inside!

Gauntlet will lead the front line of the group toward the entrance slowly and cautiously, dancing lights leading the way.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

As Gauntlet steps to the front door his dancing lights banish the darkness within the shrine? Temple? The place if it had anything of value was either pilfered or turned to dust by the ages since the place was functional. Gauntlet moves ion to explore anyway and is rewarded for his efforts.

Partially buried in the northwest corner is a font. The clear liquid that remains within glows a soft blue color.

Knowledge Religion DC 20 - Knowledge Arcana DC 22:
This liquid is magical in its properties to have been buried this long and retain its color. The font itself may be magical. Moving it though may render whatever magic empowers it inert.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"That went well," says Caelan with a shrug. He follows near Gauntlet and Eryx, keeping an eye out for further threats while the academics handle translation and exploration.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Odd."

Looking back at the group, Gauntlet calls out softly.

"Lady Freewater? Pink-Eye? Maybe you two should take a look at this? Seems important."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr lingers near the door, keeping an eye out for anything coming up behind them.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus remains in the center of the group, basically trying to keep everyone within 30 feet of him while they investigate. Risky to delay healing our front line, but with only enough energy left for one burst, I'll take it. Now as long as we don't spread out too much it should be fine...

"Anyone wantin' to be healed if fightin' starts again best stay relatively close to me," he rasps. "I've just about worn out my healing bursts, and I'm saving what I got left in case of emergency. 'Emergency' does not include runnin' off to get yerself killed."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn nods to Carduus and keeps himself within arm's reach of the strange healer.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Viorr neither sees nor hears anything down here as he keeps an eye out for danger. Flesh eating beetles, furniture crumbled to dust, the entire structure decaying, this place feels more like a tomb than a ruin.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will move up and look at the blue liquid and take keeping it in place try to get a small drop to taste if possible without breaking it.
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was looking around the area with a critical eye, wondering about the design and the layout when Gauntlet's calling for her attention drew her over. She took a good look at the apparatus, critically looking at the design from an Arcane standpoint, to make sense of its function. Once they got out of here, she was going to have to look into gaining knowledge of the engineering design of these places. She had a feeling that there was going to be much more to examine that she would have to be able to make sense of.
_______________________________
K.(Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Pink-Eye gets close and samples a small taste. His best guess, the fountains liquid will heal wounds.

Ama, in your opinion this is a magical font which reproduces potions, clearly divine in nature. The font itself unless moved with extreme care will cease to function elsewhere if it can be moved at all.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Beylinda approces

KN Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

This liquid is magical in its properties to have been buried this long and retain its color. The font itself may be magical. currently i do not know what it does. but i am sure it has to do with magical potions

he says and cast a Cast a detect magic


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

The liquid glows and is magical.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will pour some water into the font and see what happens.


Shadow's Status

The water and the liquid do not mix. The water simply sinks to the bottom of the font.

Does anyone who is injured wish to drink it? If not, I will move on likely by Tuesday. Monday I need to work late.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet's monotone seems tinged with worry or impatience.

"If the Font heals, then those who are hurt should partake. But its time to move on. Agreed?"


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix walks forward, dips a cup hand, and takes a sip.


Shadow's Status

Erix CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The reduction of the liquid is noticeable, there are two more doses left.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

I have a minor scartch left over, but i believe some are still wounded, so go and drink up


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Distracted by her thoughts on the logistics of the font and its placement, Ama did not pay that much attention to their actions, trying to make sense of the area that they were in with the added information that the font being there gave. It frustrated her that this place did not make sense, and not understanding was something that bothered her.

'The placement of that item there, in a quantity that is uncommon, yet accessible would speak to the likelihood of injury, or at least preparation for the contingency, so there should be other apparatus nearby that would necessitate its placement, unless it has been since removed...' She turned her head to look around the area from her vantage point. 'Visibility is preventing me from getting a sense of the space, but the potential for injury existed in this location. What occupied this space?'


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"I'm fine," says Caelan. "Go ahead."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn moves over to the fountain and drinks from it.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will take the last dose being wounded somewhat severely.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

don't forget to roll the hp you are gaining from the fountain

Now that this is done lets continue with our exploration of the place


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will re-cast his Dancing Lights spell again and continue to lead the group deeper into the darkness.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Taryn CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Pink-Eye CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The males claim the last two draughts of the potions. Only the water poured in by Pink-Eye remains.

Gauntlet and the group explore the rest of the Ruins. All is still and quiet. All other tunnels are, like the first few passages, impassable.

The only items of interest left is the only intact building down in this complex. The walls of this building are solid its double doors made of adamantine the same icon as on the cover of Bonal's journal spans both sides of the double doors. It would appear that this is the object of your quest. The question is, how to get inside?

Actions?


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Upon seeing the same symbol on each door, Erix offers "My guess is we need to place both journals on icons at the same time, in order to open the doors."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Beware. If this is the object of our journey, then we need to look for non-obvious dangers or traps. Spread out. Arcanists and experts...let's decipher the doors as best we can. Everyone else, look for alternate entrances, or markings. Anything that could help or hurt us here."

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Shadow's Status

Gauntlet:
You would surmise there to be a trap on this door though what it may be in not clear. Certainly the doors would be extremely difficult to break.

As you look around you just don't see much around that springs to mind any ideas.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix will scour the doors, and the area surrounding them 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Perception


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

There might be a secondary entrance as well. Can people please look on the side and top of the structure while i examine the doors please ?

Beylinda will cast a detect magic, check the journal for any commande phrase or manipulation top open the double door, look for security measure etc

KN Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

UMD: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 to try an emulate the correct magic needed to "command" the door to open using the symbol she brought with her


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn heads to the right from the door and around the first corner of the building. From there he begins methodically searching the structure for any hidden entrances or additional traps (or any means of deactivating any traps).

taking 20. it takes 1 minute for each 5' section of wall, but all of my perception checks will be 26 (or 28 if someone wants to take 10 to help me).

301 to 350 of 703 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.