The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


101 to 150 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Up the Stairwell

tDB ONLY:
Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Beylinda's spell goes off as she contacts the metallic body of the Warforged. He shakes his head, "Sorry Breather, that won't be slowing me down. Time for you to die..."


Shadow's Status

Initiative Order - Round 3
1st - Viorr
2nd - Foe 3
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)

Viorr, you hear Taryn announce the oddity in the hallway and feel a small gust of wind which is a fraction of the power summoned by Taryn. You are troubled though that the Otyugh called out for assistance, it means it is quite likely there are more of these creatures down here...


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

ROUND 3 - Introspection

Our woman and their warforged are advancing the wrong way as rearguard... Sacrifice the good of the many for the good of the few, or trust the main force to secure itself?

Just a little bump :)


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Can someone assist Beylinda, and can someone more magically inclined see what is happening with the mist? I feel our sewer-dwelling friend may have friends of his own!"

Viorr calls out his advice and requests as he continues to scan the fetid waters, waiting with blade in hand for a target.

Delay


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"No room for me up by the valves - need an extra hand in back?" shouts Caelan back toward Viorr.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Beylinda is actaully off to the right of Carduus, correct?


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Room down here to my left, Caelan!"


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

acid dart at the otyugh youngling as it retreats: 1d20 ⇒ 18

acid dart damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Pink eye is not willing to just let the enemy escape and takes a shot at it.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Are we waiting on foe 3 or should I take an actual action?

"Uhh, killing that might not be the wisest choice- some cities use otyughs to dispose of their... waste..."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan hustles to the back corridor, trying to get a look at what's going on there.

The map just seems to end at the back and then there are people off in... who knows where, so I'm not sure where to place my token.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none
Caelan d'Orien wrote:


The map just seems to end at the back and then there are people off in... who knows where, so I'm not sure where to place my token.

I believe our illustrious DM has simply thrown a right angle into the space/time continuum rather than extending the map 'off the page' to the east. It is 30' from Carduus to the vertical line partially described by the fog graphic, another 30' to Gauntlet, and I believe another 30' to Beylinda, all to the east - there is no actual corner, it's just a space-saving measure.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

A double move gets me 40', so it may take me a bit to get to Beylinda!


Shadow's Status
Carduus the Bemourned wrote:
Caelan d'Orien wrote:


The map just seems to end at the back and then there are people off in... who knows where, so I'm not sure where to place my token.
I believe our illustrious DM has simply thrown a right angle into the space/time continuum rather than extending the map 'off the page' to the east. It is 30' from Carduus to the vertical line partially described by the fog graphic, another 30' to Gauntlet, and I believe another 30' to Beylinda, all to the east - there is no actual corner, it's just a space-saving measure.

Correct!


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Meant to update earlier today work was a b#%$* and everyone decided to post today so I had another 10 or so games to update!

--------------

As Caelan heads up the stairs he sees the mists coalesce to form two warforged! Though it is dark in the hallway Beylinda's spell throws off enough light to see that the one closest to him is indeed the same one that fought the entire group just a few days ago and it is about to strike Haqueton in the back!

tDB:
Battle Axe Attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16. Battle Axe Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

The sound of metal striking metal shrieks down the hall as Haqueton grunts in pain.

-----

Meanwhile, Pink-Eye fires an acid bolt into the water. If it strikes the mark he has a hard time telling as the water is so dark and any sounds the creature would make below the water you cannot hear.

------

Initiative Order - Round 3
3rd - Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)
Delay - Viorr


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Would Carduus know that healing magic doesn't work on warforged?


Shadow's Status
Carduus the Bemourned wrote:
Would Carduus know that healing magic doesn't work on warforged?

He knows it is only partially effective.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

dammit... now they're trapped up there... I wish they would have listened, we'd have had the clear advantage down here and now we have to fight where they have the advantage...

Trusty hammer in hand, Taryn makes haste up the stairs to join the fray...

I believe (based on Carduus' description) that a double move gets me next to the lowest warforged? (I have 40' move)


Shadow's Status
Taryn d'Lyrandar wrote:

dammit... now they're trapped up there... I wish they would have listened, we'd have had the clear advantage down here and now we have to fight where they have the advantage...

Trusty hammer in hand, Taryn makes haste up the stairs to join the fray...

I believe (based on Carduus' description) that a double move gets me next to the lowest warforged? (I have 40' move)

Correct.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

ROUND 3 / 3rd

Folks are running all over the place - best wait to see who calls for help first.

Delaying.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Continuing to hold the same readied action, as there's not much else to do atm


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Once the corner is clear to the sewer, Gauntlet will move down out of direct line of sight from the top of the stairs and sets his
wounded but now conscious burden down in semi-safety. He then looks about for any other immediate danger.

"Stay here and out of sight. That sniper is too good of a shot."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

---

The Valve Clusters

A significant amount of water comes rushing from the western area of the sewer system from B towards the Grate with a voice bellowing, [larger]"Nythrughtrny what is the matter!"[/larger]

Dharakk whispers, "Whatever that was it sounds larger than the first one".

---

The Stairway

Carduus and Caelan see the fray ensuing as the foes finally appear! Beylinda's light reveals three Warforged.

One of the Warforged strikes at Haqueton with a longsword

tDB ONLY:
LOngsword attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 - Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

and he crumples to the stairs!

----

Initiative Order - Round 3
5th - Ama - GO!
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)
Delay - Viorr, Carduus, Dharakk, Erix


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Unable to contribute much immediately, Ama pressed herself back against the wall, and moved so that she was within reach of one of the others on her side of the sewer, so just in case one more showed up, she was not going to be caught off-guard. She had only heard the basics about the... "Otyugh", and she made what mental notes she could about what she had seen, though really, she only remembered tentacles before she dedicated her focus to getting out of reach.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

ROUND 3 / 5th (Delayed turn)

Drat! Carduus moves back the way they came after seeing Haqueton collapse. Hopefully this at least stops him from bleeding out... if that's even a concern for his kind? He once again allows a burst of his life-force slip out to heal his allies.

Channeling heals: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Move: 30' back down corridor; Standard: channel, excluding all enemies he's aware of; I believe Haqueton is 25' away at this point.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

---

The Valve Clusters

Water rushes out of the valve at the far end of the cluster 2. After the mist dissipates you see two large Otyughs appear!

"What is the meaning of this?!" the lead creature bellows. "What have you done with my son!"

Dharakk puffs out his chest, "We are here on behalf of the Watch to track down criminals!"

Intimidate Swift - Influence Opponent Attitude 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Anyone want to Aid Another?

Delay - Viorr & Erix

----

The Hall

The Warforged battling Beylinda drops his crossbow and draws his short sword striking back at her!

tDB:
Short Sword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 - Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The sword bits deep into your left oblique muscle Beylinda. Take 5 damage!


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will aid another:

intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 19

we are a strong party if the watch indeed your son attacked us unprovoked and we had to defend ourselves. Up in the stairs we are attacked by another enemy and could use your help. Help us or else!


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

DM, Beylinda's current AC is 19 [see previous post] because of fighting Def so an 18 is a miss :)


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan moves to intercept the hostile warforged as well, if there's enough room.

I still completely don't understand what's going on with the map to the east, so I'm just winging it.


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Caelan: A double move of 40' will put you in between Carduus and Taryn, adjacent to Carduus. I believe the corridor is only 5' wide, so unless Taryn goes down or you have a ranged/reach weapon, I don't know that there's much we can do to directly aid him against the warforged.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

If I can get close enough I can dimension leap behind him.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

@GM- your last post didn't indicate whose turn it is... could we please get an update on who's up?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

I'm pretty sure we're starting round 4 soon, if I'm thinking correctly.


Shadow's Status
Taryn d'Lyrandar wrote:
@GM- your last post didn't indicate whose turn it is... could we please get an update on who's up?

Viorr and Erix can still act as they went on delay. I did not want to skip anyone on delay this round like I accidentally skipped you last round! If they do not update by tomorrow, I will skip them or just have them Aid Another Intimidate and go to Round 4


Shadow's Status
Caelan d'Orien wrote:

Caelan moves to intercept the hostile warforged as well, if there's enough room.

I still completely don't understand what's going on with the map to the east, so I'm just winging it.

The map is a mess as there is fighting on the stairs, you can see it somewhat clearly as the only light source comes from Beylinda up top. Based on how hard she was struck a moment ago you may want to get closer to her if you can...


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

I'll hold my action, or I guess switch my ready to attack should the Otyughs attack


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr will continue to delay


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

The Otyugh responds free speaking action, "We have been charged with keeping villains away from this place and others lie it by the steampipe and water workers guild! Where are these fiends that we may deal with them, what has become of my son!"

Initiative Order - Round 4
1st - Viorr & Beylinda
2nd - Foe 3
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk (DMPC), Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Otyughs, Foe 1, Rission (DMPC) & Haqueton (DMPC)


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"The fiends are up the stairs! Your son, completely unprovoked, lashed out at my companions. He has been struck in return, but not killed. I believe the currents took him!"


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 4

With the blade having avoided her Beylinda reply in kind

Drop dagger (free), Draw light mace (move), Cast spell (standard) Deliver with spellstrike (free), not casting on defensive => Aoo from ennemy, Arcane Reservoir to +1 CL (free)

Spell Failure: 1d100 ⇒ 33

Spell Strike Light Mace: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 4 + Electricity: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) = 11


Shadow's Status
Beylinda Chumana wrote:
DM, Beylinda's current AC is 19 [see previous post] because of fighting Def so an 18 is a miss :)

Sorry about that, whenever I draw PC blood I just get so giddy... :-)


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

---

Last Round 3 item to resolve - Caelan how far does dimensional leap take you? You would need 30' to get behind the warforged that is closest to Beylinda.

---

The Hallway

The Warforged sees an opening and takes it a split second before Beylinda is able to strike

tDB ONLY:
Warforged w/ Short Sword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 - HP = Foe 1 - 1/17 HP.

this time the short sword finds its mark and Beylinda is bloodied. Take 5 damage.

However, the Warforged warrior is struck in turn and emits a screech as the electricity courses through it's body. It staggers back a step but is still on its feet though smoke rises from its metal body.

The Warforged assassin ignores Taryn at his back, "Die Traitor!" He goes into a fury and strikes Haqueton once more.

tDB ONLY:
Foe 3 Rage - Battle Axe Attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 28 - Battle Axe Damage 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8.

Haqueton once again falls to the stairs, this time part of his neck appears to be severed...

Initiative Order - Round 4
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk (DMPC), Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Otyughs, Foe 1, Rission (DMPC)


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn's dragonmark bursts into a brilliant glow as white-blue lightning crackles and dances down his arm and gathers around the head of his heavy hammer. His arms bulge as he swings the charged weapon up over his head and down onto the warforged before him. free- bloodrage; swift- bloodline power; standard- power attack

earth breaker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, for: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5) + 12 = 19 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 electric


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I can only leap 10', so I guess I'm stuck unless/until Beylinda drops.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye will delay and point the huge tentacle things up the stairs describing the party members and saying there are warforged up there who are the enemy if they can but reach them.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

no worries DM

Beylinda smiled as her mace deeply fried her opponent.. but the return blow left her with a deep blow. but then again that was part of the risk and she knew that for the moment she had the upper hand


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

FYI Carduus now acts at Initiative step 5 due to his delaying on round 3.


Shadow's Status
Caelan d'Orien wrote:
I can only leap 10', so I guess I'm stuck unless/until Beylinda drops.

The Warforged are on the stairs so this round you could throw a ranged weapon if you so choose.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

---

The Valve Clusters

Dharakk grunts in agreement with Pink-Eye's assessment and holds his own position as well.

---

The Stairs

Taryn strikes his foe with a mighty blow that sends it forward, still it turns on him in a flash enraged as if the blow was barely felt!

The warforged that initially stabbed Haqueton turns and runs up at the exposed back of Beylinda!

tDB ONLY:
tDB ONLY:
Longsword attack 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25 - Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4WF #3 - HP = 14/34 +8 Temp HP Rage. = 22/34

Beylinda hears the footsteps and can only brace herself for the oncoming strike which pierces her right shoulder painfully. Beylinda take 4 more damage!

Initiative Order - Round 4
3rd - Caelan - GO!
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama, Carduus - GO!
6th - Otyughs, Foe 1, Rission (DMPC)


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan grumbles, sheathes his sword, and draws a throwing axe.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet, unsure what to do in this situation, steps back to view the stairs up and summons a mindblade the size of a slender short
sword in his right hand. He will then attempt to perceive what is going on and what, if anything he can do now.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

101 to 150 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.