The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


201 to 250 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

tDB ONLY:
G Sense Motive 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

You do not find anything that makes them particularly distinctive. All of their equipment is of masterwork make. Each carries a potion of the same color, black. The foe who was firing arrows at Beylinda from the stairs also has a green potion.

Gauntlet:
As you inspect the enemy warforged you ascertain that the final foe is laying on the stairs playing possum, he still functions!


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Carefully divesting the fallen 'forged of their potions, Gauntlet decides that enough is enough.

With mindblade still in hand, he stands and he quickly strikes the pretending enemy!

+1 Mindblade (Shortsword): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unless you allow a 'coup de gras' (is he helpless?), I'll spend another Hero point for another +1d6 if I need to do so.

"THAT is for Haqueton!"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Gauntlet strikes at the final warforged with his mindblade, severing some of the "neck" of the creature, it expires with a small gasp seemingly shocked that its ploy was discovered!

Yep he was playing dead so prone.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will turn away from the now dead warforged without a second look.

One of them had a MW Crossbow? If it's ok with everyone, Gauntlet will pick it up and grab as many bolts as he can. He's never concentrated on ranged attacks much, but it might be nice to have something that reaches further than a 30' range spell effect.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Whoa, missed that. Thanks, Gauntlet," says Caelan.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Hesitating at Caelan's complement, Gauntlet speaks calmly.

"Something easily missed by many. My kind are hard to kill."

He glances back to Haqueton, his voice void of emotion.

"Some of us more than others unfortunately. Help me carry him down to he others? They need to know what happened."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Yes, of course," says Caelan, sheathing his sword. He moves to help Gauntlet lift Haqueton. "I suppose I'm used to looking for breathing to see if a foe is dead - but of course you won't see a warforged breathing like that. Easy to miss. I should've been paying more attention."

As they lift the inert form of Haqueton, Caelan carefully says, "Did you have a... sense of connection with Haqueton?"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet thinks on it a moment and answers the man honestly.

"I don't know. I've never felt a...connection...with another warforged before. This talk of 'brothers' and 'cousins' like we are related to each other seems odd. Personally, I have always been considered the odd man out, even among others of my kind. You may not have noticed it yet, but my body and my abilities are just not normal for warforged as far as I know. I tend to distance myself from others because of these strange qualities, especially House d'Cannith...for personal reasons. Banding together with you all, has...broadened my horizons I believe? But what that actually means in the end has not fully congealed in my mind yet."

Whatever the human thinks, this is probably the most Gauntlet has ever spoken at a single time.

"Was Haqueton religious? Would should at least have Pink-Eye says some words for him."


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

I have no idea realy she replied We just meet yesterday after some sort of tavern brawl that i quickly put and end to it she continued

I was leading my team here to recover some House Cannith plan

she nods to the healers as she straighten herself

But in this case, and after the investigation of the murder related to it there seems quite a bit of warforged and some sort of leader called "the lord of blades"


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn cocks an eyebrow when Beylinda identifies herself as the group's leader but either agrees enough or doesn't care enough to protest at all. While the others talk he takes a few more deep breaths to finish recovering from the strain of his unusual fighting technique.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will ask the otyughs what they might kniw of the area and how to get into the deeper vault if they know.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan continues his side conversation with Gauntlet and says, "Hm. Well, for we humans it takes a couple decades for us to really get useful context for our experiences. I would imagine that as you broaden your base of experiences, it will give you a better idea of what you are 'feeling' or just... some understanding of what it means to you. I did notice that you seem to use different talents from some of the other 'forged I fought with during the War, but y'know, there were some folks who studied that Kalashtar mind-stuff and Sarlonan telepathy, too. People come in all kinds, no different whether you're 'forged or flesh."

"I don't know if Haqueton was religious. I suppose it can't hurt to send his essence on to whatever awaits."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet shakes his head and shrugs as best he can while carrying Haqueton's corpse down the stairs.

"Yes...the Kalashtar. I have discussed my condition with one who resides here in Sharn...in exchange for some work I did for him. His best speculation is that while similar, my abilities do not correspond to what people often call 'mind magic'. My abilities originate from some esoteric-eldritch source of some kind. Like mind magic, I do not 'cast spells' but focus my mind and body to channel the arcane energy I need to create spell-like effects. Some would consider this an up-side to my form of magic, but if I'm ever mentally confused, physically unstable, or emotionally clouded my powers could fail me utterly."

Hesitating a moment before continuing, Gauntlet quickly adds to his statement.

"One specific d'Cannith once said my abilities are closer in origin to the various Dragon-marked powers the various Houses control, but he claimed that was really a simplification for my 'benefit' not an actual comparison...whatever that means."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"I think I see the difference," says Caelan. "Magicians have special knowledge or affinity that lets them tap into a wide range of arcane forces. But a dragonmark is imprinted - literally! - in a particular way. It does one thing. With a lot of practice it's possible to extend it or amplify it, but it can't be changed into something else, nor does it indicate an ability to learn other ways of channeling magical power. It just does a particular thing very precisely."


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"I don't know about that..." Taryn says with clear skepticism, "I draw power from my dragonmark to bolster my strength and toughness in combat..."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Yes and no. You are both correct if I understand things rightly. Truthfully the Dragonmarks are not well understood by many except maybe dragons themselves, and I somehow doubt even they fully understand them. Sure, most who have them know HOW to use them and can even use them to create other effects as they gain experience. This often leads to a Greater or Fully-body mark, correct? It is something similar in my case. I'm 'marked' by an unknown force, and given abilities no one in my own race has never seen. Also I can, with practice, gain more ability and power with experience. Or at least so far...I'm sure I have my limits just as do many creatures."

At this point, Gauntlet will put Haqueton's body down at the bottom of the stairs. He then lifts his hand to show the copy of his forehead symbol on the palm of his metal and stone hand. Glowing eerily, just as his forehead mark does, gauntlet closes his hand tightly.

"Its not a Dragonmark, or even an Aberrant mark. My kind cannot have them. But this...is something new. An accident of magic? Hand of the gods? Fickle nature of fate? Whatever I truly am, I am unique."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan shrugs. "It's just part of you."


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet stares at Caelan.

"Thank you. That's really one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me about my...self. Most people 'sense' my unnaturalness and do not feel at ease, nor try to understand it. Animals just run away."


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

All these talk of magic and marks are rather interesting but can we save it for later with drink in our hands and the task accomplished ? since it appears we are not alone in the endeavor i feel that time is of the essence


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet turns and nods at Beylinda's remark. He then backs up and offers the last bit of stairs to the water below with a gallant gesture.

"As you say. Lead on...the sewer awaits us Lady Bey."


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus watches as Gauntlet finishes off the warforged survivor. And they say warforged aren't like the rest of us. As his allies begin to chat and loot the corpses, the bandaged man makes his way back down to the rest of the party in the sewer proper to see if there are any injured. He balks somewhat at the sight of the otyughs. Who would've guessed? They've managed to find something even uglier than I am!

"Anyone have wounds that need tendin'?"


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"I'm still a bit wounded," Taryn answers as he begins to follow the others down the stairs, "but not so much that I can't wait if your magic is beginning to run low..."


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

very well lets go then she says if there is no more magic to be done and goes forward


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Standing by the illuminated brick in the wall, Ama gathered that the conflict had concluded favorably. Other than that, she tried not to be disconcerted by the Otyughs, though found it endearing that communication was being had, instead of yet more violence. Hesitantly, she looked at the others in her line of sight, with an inquisitive expression.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Hey, why not let me and Gauntlet try the front for a bit, we're still in good condition and heavily armored," suggests Caelan.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Agreed. Taking the brunt of attacks is what most of what my kind were designed for."

@GM: What kind of crossbow did I pick up from the assassins? I know its MW, but I was not sure if it was a light or heavy (or hand, repeating, or double) crossbow?


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Perfect. Onward then she says moving foward deep in the lighted darkness

(light cantrip)


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Stepping down into the sewer casually, Gauntlet sees the three 'monsters' talking to Pink-Eye and the others calmly.

Gauntlet hopes his strange attraction to odd creatures provides him some advantage with the odd-looking aberrations.

"Greetings! It s a pleasure to meet you and your...family...good sir? We apologize for wounding your child. We were attacked by warforged
assassins just above this level and my friends were a little paranoid."

Waving at his wounded friends Gauntlet tries to sound tired.

"Could we impress upon you our problem with the current situation? We were led to believe this sewer entrance could lead us further to a
site of unusual age and depth. Something pre-Sharn? We would appreciate any aid or advice you could offer us here. We need directions to
continue, a safe and dry place to rest possibly, and any warning of dangers you would be willing to tell us about ahead of us. We would
be willing to try and compensate you of course for your trouble..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Inventory of Loot:
Besides the Potions the assailants had the following items: (1) Masterwork Light Crossbow + 15 bolts, (2) Masterwork Short Sword, (3) Masterwork Longsword, and (4) Masterwork Battle axe.

Haqueton Loot:
Harpoon, Dagger, Punching Dagger, Spiked Gauntlet, (2) Javelins, Dark Weave Clothing, Warforged Repair Kit, 134 GP.

The Otyugh respond to Pink-Eye, "This is a mere sewer and valve system. There is aught little down here. The City Government gives us leave to stay here and assist in keeping the place "clean" they called it I think. In exchange we accost those who would tamper with or damage these systems".

Gauntlet then steps over. The female Otyugh responds, "There is nothing down here. Nothing living at any rate besides us and all of you. Besides the occasional stray we force out no one comes down here. What specifically are you and yours looking for? To the left from here is a Portcullis that only the city can open, to the right more tunnels and valve clusters".

Beylinda closes in on Erix who stands near the edge of the valve clusters he turns to her, "I don't hear anything coming from either direction especially not with all the noise coming from these valves. Looks like we'll be getting our feet wet and our hands dirty on this one"

Erix and Beylinda stand at the farthest point of "dry land" next to the letter B. The stream depicted on the map is two feet deep. The tunnel extends both left and right from their vantage point.

Rission and Dharakk speak amongst themselves then turn to the group Rission speaks, "Cousin. Dharakk and I will bring Haqueton and the Wargorged leader topside. Now that we have the body I am sure that Sergeant Dolom will want to know that the Watch can stop looking for this murderer. Plus, I bet there could be a reward in this for us".


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will take the MW Light Crossbow and bolts, and the warforged repair kit if no one complains.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye nods at the information and says to the group the way down is most likely hidden behind some newer building or some smart builders hid it among what has since been built knowing at the time what it was. Spread out and start searchimg this area first before we move on.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Perception(Search): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Perception(Search): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Perception(Search): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Not having much information on what they were looking for besides some oddity in the construction that would allow them down, Ama tried to take an objective look at the design of this area, to perhaps spot anything that seemed slightly out of place to her eye. While she had not studied stonework or engineering, there were still some fundamental design elements that could not be ignored in some cases. Whether it was enough for her to notice was something else entirely.
_________________________
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

take 20 for 29 on each wall as we have time


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

indeed have the body brough to the watch and let them know that the one responsible was dealth with

she turns toward the minotaure

probably behind one of the valve that does in reality nothing. We know that it "was a hidden and secret forge" so it all maes sense

she says helping to search for the secret door


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan stows his weapons, puts his hands on his belt, closes his eyes and waits for a bit. Eventually he opens his eyes again and simply watches the group searching for secret passages, since there's a limited amount of space for people to check.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

The group begins to fan out and check the walls of the area in and around the valve clusters.

The Otyugh agree to take positions guarding the stairs in case the warforged have other surprises in store for the explorers of the underhalls of muck while Rission and Dharakk begin the ling journey back up to the surface.

With the sharp eyes of the group and the assistance from magical light the combined groups find what they are looking for!

Area C on the map.

The Door to Yesterday

A circular metal hatch, set into the tunnel wall and engraved with arcane runes, must be the sealed door that Elaydren told you about. In the middle of the hatch, a glowing circle of mithral depicts the same icon as on Bonal's journal—the ancient symbol of House Cannith that predates the founding of the Kingdom of Galifar itself, a stylized anvil and hammer.

Wisdom check DC 10:
You recollect that the way to open the door is to touch the icon on the front of the journal to the icon in the center of the circular door. Both groups have a copy of the symbol, the question is will that copy be enough?


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Wis

Erix studies the door, trying to figure out how to open it. "We need to touch the icon on the journal to the one on the door. Not sure if we need one journal or both though, to get it to open"


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

wis: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Great and i happen to have brough we at need she says geting both symbol to touch in order to open the door


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye smiles with the discovery of the secret door and stands to the side to see if the group can use the tools it has to open the way.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn bids farewell to the only person he knows in Sharn as Rission departs for the surface. He fidgets uncomfortably as his remaining allies work on opening the newly found door.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Beylinda takes her copy and places it on the arcane symbol on the door the runes respond radiating with mystic fire and the hatch slides open.

The circular hatch opens onto a vertical shaft 5 feet wide and cloaked in pitch blackness. Wind rushes from the depths to find release somewhere higher in the tower, demonstrating that fresh air continues to circulate even in the forgotten sections of the tower.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet leans over the new entrance.

"Anybody see a way down? Or how far it goes? I could get myself down with my magic, but I need to know how far it is first."


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Are there rungs or such on the wall of th shaft?


Shadow's Status

No rungs just a vertical shaft with no obvious way down or up.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Well..."VIorr says slowly, gazing down into the hole, "I have fifty feet of rope. Anyone else?"

Can any bottom, turn, or features be seen with low-light vision or (someone else's) darkvision?


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Anybody bring rope? Lots of rope?"

Finding a pebble, Gauntlet tosses it down the hole, listening in order to get an idea of the depth.

Does Sharn's boost to 'Air' Magic...such as my Feather Fall spell, still work down here? That's what...+1 caster level to Air based spells?


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

i got my 50ft rope as well she says handing it out


Shadow's Status
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:
Does Sharn's boost to 'Air' Magic...such as my Feather Fall spell, still work down here? That's what...+1 caster level to Air based spells?

Yes.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - The Ruins of Dorasharn

Viorr gazes down the shaft but cannot see the bottem as it is simply too dark. Pink-Eye stands next to his comrade and with his vision he can see that the hole extends past his own vision 60'.

Gauntlet drops the pebble and counts soon enough he hears it hit the ground. Based on the time it too to strike he concludes that drop is about 100'.

Give me a Survival roll to tie those two ropes together well enough to ensure the knot does not slip :-) Anyone have a grappling hook?

201 to 250 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.