The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


51 to 100 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 1

Swift action Spring loaded wrist coil (dagger), move 30ft, Full defense (Standart)

With a dagger suddenly coming into her hand Beylinda will move 30ft toward were the bolt came from as she takes a full defense combat posture

Let those who would oppose us end their days in fear she shouts at the menace

Current AC 21


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Unless I am much mistaken, we have the numbers. Don't go back, drive ahead to greater space!"

Suiting actions to words, Viorr slips past the minotaur and half-orc ahead of him, testing the depth of the trench.

If possible, he will move to the southern ledge, between valves 9 and 11.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Beylinda moves into the space over Rission calling up the stairs after her opponents. The yawning darkness does not reply.

Viorr moves down into the sewers proper, he uses his quarterstaff to test the waters finding it only two feet deep, at least in this area. He then steps onto the ledge under a lantern.

Beylinda cannot hear the Warforged up the stairs and they do not respond to her taunts...

Initiative Order - Round 1
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

In good military fashion, Caelan doesn't break ranks, but waits for the opportunity for the rear to move up as the front moves forward.

Delaying until Dharakk moves, then if he vacates his spot, moving up to there. If he doesn't, Caelan stays in the back for now.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

"Rission!", Taryn calls out as the only person he knows in all of Sharn collapses. As he moves up to his fallen friend his mark begins to glow and suddenly fog fills the stairs beginning just beyond Beylinda.

move action: move to Rission; standard: activate obscuring mist SLA (centered up the stairs so Beylinda is just outside the area)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +2 | AC 17 | HP 14/14 | Saves: F+3/R+5/W+3| Perc +3 |

Hearing the confrontation behind him and expecting the worst in front Dharakk heeds Viorr's advice and moved into the sewer.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

This triggers Caelan to move up to Dharakk's old spot.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix too moves towards the sewer, wanting the room to use his whip.

Unsure where exactly I can move to, but will delay if necessary to wait for somebody else to move and free up a spot.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

FYI: I think Obscuring Mist is always centered on the Caster? Also: Friendlies do not block normal movement as I understand, so you should be able to squeeze past most everybody expect the Minotaur, and that is only if he is LARGE sized I think.

Preferred Action:
Gauntlet quickly dismisses his mindblade as a free action to clear his hands, then stoops to pick up the fallen Risson in a fireman's carry position so he has a hand free if it is needed.

Possible Alternate Action:
Keeping his mindblade active, he turns to look back towards the stairs up. He sets himself and moves to the side as much as he can with his bulk so people can pass him as needed and so he makes a smaller target for crossbow fire.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Gauntlet reaches down to cradle Rission as Taryn cries out "Rission".

Once Taryn reaches his friend he can feel he has a pulse though the two bolts protrude, one from each shoulder!

Taryn Heal check DC 12:
He is unconscious and luckily enough not bleeding further! 0 HP

Dharakk and Erix move into the sewer tunnels timing the opening of the valves so as to not run afoul of the rushing water once it is released.

Beylinda still cannot see or hear anything coming form the stairs.

Ama is at the edge of Taryn's spell. Carduus, Taryn, Gauntlet, Rission, and Haqueton are within it. Beylinda is right outside of it.

Note the map is above if you wish to take a look!

Initiative Order - Round 1
3rd - Carduus, Pink-Eye
5th - Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

apologies- gauntlet is correct... I could have sworn obscuring mist was short range but its actually centered on me (when I cast it, its stationary after that)... so I guess some of us are going to be in that. Sorry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Taryn d'Lyrandar wrote:
apologies- gauntlet is correct... I could have sworn obscuring mist was short range but its actually centered on me (when I cast it, its stationary after that)... so I guess some of us are going to be in that. Sorry.

Hey, beats getting shot from the darkness!


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

that was exactly my thought as well


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

But...but...I don't have a magic missile to fire at the Darkness!


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye moves out into the sewer looking for the enemy:

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

I can acid dart the darkness or channel negative energy into it!


Shadow's Status

Pink-Eye rushes to the next available spot between the valves. He does not se anything, either the enemy has not set up a forward ambush or they did so fairly well.

Initiative Order - Round 1
3rd - Carduus & Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Unable to see what was going on, Ama did the next prudent thing, which was to move as far as she could out of the stairway, and clear the doorway of their exit.
______________
Double Move, if necessary. If that is not possible, then Ama will go on the defensive and move as much as she can towards the exit.


Shadow's Status

Ama also rushes to the next available spot between the valves. She along with everyone else down here, is going to need to wash or perhaps even throw away any non-essential now filthy garments.

Initiative Order - Round 1
3rd - Carduus
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Carduus sees one of the half-elves go down and people spring into action, moving up and down the line of the narrow corridor, until a billowing fog suddenly clouds his vision. Challenges ring out, but he hears no further sounds of pain or combat. Not sure if we've even found the enemy, let alone wounded them - but one of ours is down for sure. Carduus unclenches the spiritual "muscle" which holds his life-force within him for a brief moment, allowing it to escape in a burst of positive energy.

Channel Energy for: 1d6 ⇒ 1 points of healing to all within 30' radius burst.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

As the wave of positive energy invigorates the group Rission gasps, "Ah jeez does that hurt".

Haqueton steps forward with his Harpoon raised and a blot deflects off of his weapon.

He throws it up the stairs and into the darkness but it clatters onto the stone floor. Beylinda sees that the Harpoon has a rope tied to the end of it! He immediately begins to pull the weapon back.

Beylinda you hear the sounds of footsteps heading away from you but just one set.

Beylinda Knowledge Arcana DC 13:
Based on the method of escape the Sergeant suggested this foe or foes may be employing gaseous form to move about!

tDB ONLY:
Crossbow Shot 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8.
Haq Attack Miss 1d100 ⇒ 7


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

tDB ONLY:
Initiative Otyugh - 1d20 ⇒ 3

Initiative Order - Round 2
1st - Viorr & Beylinda - GO!
2nd - Foe 3
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC) - +


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr will delay


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 2

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

move 30ft, Full defense (Standart)

Beylinda will continue to move forward toward where the enemy should be using her defensive combat stance and any usable concealment on the way

Current AC 21


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Beylinda moves up the stairs into full darkness taking the fight back to the enemy!

Haqueton yells up after her, "Wait!"

If an enemy is nearby Beylinda you do not sense one.

Perception DC 13 Beylinda:
You hear the sound nearby of someone reloading a crossbow.

Due to map restrictions, Beylinda I moved you UP instead of OVER.

Initiative - Round 2 -
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC) - +

Caelan:
You see whisps of the mist rolling off wosn the hall towards you/

Caelan Knowledge Arcana DC 11:
Based on the spell that Taryn cast that seems... unnatural.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Delay


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn scoops up Rission in the fog and follows his companions down into the sewer. As he goes, he shouts until to Beylinda, "don't try to fight up there alone; come down here with everyone else!"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
Taryn d'Lyrandar wrote:
Taryn scoops up Rission in the fog and follows his companions down into the sewer. As he goes, he shouts until to Beylinda, "don't try to fight up there alone; come down here with everyone else!"

I already picked him up Taryn, but you are welcome to take him from me.


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

sorry- I forgot about that. And, I can't edit my post anymore... please replace my previous post with:

Taryn grips his heavy hammer in both hands and holds it at the ready as he backs down the stairs behind Gauntlet and Rission. As he moves he calls out to Beylinda, "don't try to fight alone up there; come down here with everyone else!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Seeing the various "safe" spots along the passageway occupied, Caelan stays where he is and waits to see what happens next.


Shadow's Status

Initiative - Round 2 -
3rd - Dharakk, Carduus GO!
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
Pink-Eye & Viorr & Caelan (Delay)


Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

ROUND 2 / INITIATIVE GROUP 3

Damn! We've already split, and not even along the lines of our original allegiances. Carduus peers into the mist ahead and behind in vain. The wounded man's one of mine, though - can't leave him in the lurch. Carduus steps carefully into the mist back the way they came and immediately bumps into the librarian's warforged, who has Rission slung over one shoulder. I let too little life escape - he's barely conscious! Better try a more concentrated method.

The bandaged man grumbles as he reaches out to touch the half-elf. "Curse thrice whoever cursed me thus, but I'll grant a boon through my loss."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 hit points healed to Rission.


Shadow's Status

Initiative - Round 2 -
3rd - Dharakk GO!
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
Pink-Eye & Viorr & Caelan (Delay)

Rission coughs a bit, "That is helping! Carduus is that you?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Initiative - Round 2 -
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama - GO!
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC) - +
Pink-Eye & Viorr, Dharakk & Caelan (Delay)

Caelan:
Yet more mist comes billowing out from the area effect that Taryn laid down.


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix assumes a defensive stance, his whip poised to strike. Readying an action to attack any foes who come within reach.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet immediately turns and heads down the steps carrying Rission all the way to the end of the corridor, but does not make it all the way out into the tunnel beyond yet. He now stands just south of Caelan, trying to keep an eye out for enemies and other problems.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan says to the folks in the causeway, "Can you get further down? We need to keep moving ahead."


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

---

In the Lighted Hallway

Gauntlet as you step into the hall you see that the mist from Taryn's spell has spilled into the hall itself.

Taryn & Gauntlet ONLY Spellcraft DC 11:
This mist should not be leaking from the area effect of the Obscuring Mist.

Ama holds position and calls back to Caelan, "We can but we need to time our movements. When these valves open a helluva lot of water comes rushing out!"

----

On the Darkened Stairs

Beylinda the dark up those stairs is simply too tough to see into. Haqueton turns to you in the darkness of the stairs, "We need to move, we are at a disadvantage here!"

At that moment another twang from a crossbow alerts you to the fact that your foe has fired upon you again!

tDB ONLY:
Crossbow Shot 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8
Haq Attack Miss 1d100 ⇒ 6Haq 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (1) - 10 = -9

The bolt once again misses you both. Haqueton throws his harpoon once more into the darkness! This time the rope connected to it snaps.

"Dammit", you hear him curse.

---

The Valve Clusters

A creature bursts from the water, "You're all not supposed to be here!" It shouts as it reaches for Ama on the ledge.

However, before it can act there are several readied actions that go first - Pink-Eye, Erix, Dharrak, Viorr, Caelan, and Ama! The creature is not very large.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 12:
It is an Otyugh and a small one by the looks of it! They can be aggressive in their own territory...


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

I don't have spellcraft. I draw magic from my dragonmark, I'm not some kind of... wizard.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Maybe but we will even more at a disadvantage if we let them take us out from their shooting position

She says casting a light spell and moving toward the harpoon in order to retrieve using any means of cover available


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Nerves singing for the impending combat, Viorr's stroke is already starting before he really realizes that a creature has emerged from the water.

single slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
know/dung: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Back, Oytugh! " he jibes at the tentacled monster.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye sees the thing come from the deep of the sewer a gaping monstrosity and he brings the great axe over head as he has reach and takes a five foot step away to keep it in his reach and hopefully not its own and then attacks:

swift action channel smite standard action attack double handed

when minotaurs attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
neg energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Nothing to see here! Keep moving! These are NOT the droids you are looking for!


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama's instinctual reaction when the thing burst from the water was to immediately move away as best she could. A calculated response was not something that she could manage yet, so instead she scrambled back, making sure she was well out of range of... whatever that was. Driving it away seemed to be the best plan, but there was little that she could do that would not harm the others. Much to her chagrin, she would have to hold back, as the others had engaged the creature already. The least she could do was provide some illumination, so she did so, touching a stone in the wall above her head, and employing the cantrip to make it light.

"Lumos!"
____________________________
Move Action: 10ft away, Std: Cast Light

Prepared Spells:

0th: Light, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st: Color Spray, Mage Armor


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

The Valve Clusters

tDB:
1d12 ⇒ 8

Pink-Eye and Viorr both strike the Otyugh which cries out in pain, "Mommy. Daddy. Help me!" At that moment water streams out of the valve giving the creature cover to dive back into the water from whence it came.

The water runs red and green with the brackish blood of the creature!

Erix, Dharakk, and Caelan no longer see it though it likely was not slain it is doubtful it will re-surface. With no obvious foes to strike I will move to the next round.

Ama gives the chamber more light to go along with that which was already in place though hers is of better quality

-----------

On the Darkened Stairs

Beylinda charges up the stairs this time with a light spell! At the edge of her light she can see one of the Warforged re-loading a crossbow.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Initiative Order - Round 3
1st - Viorr & Beylinda
2nd - Foe 3
3rd - Caelan, Dharakk, Taryn, Carduus, Pink-Eye
4th - Foe 2
5th - Erix, Gauntlet, Ama
6th - Foe 1 & Haqueton (DMPC)


Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

umm... I'd like to act in the round you're skipping?

"There's something wrong here," Taryn says uncomfortably, "this mist shouldn't be writhing like this..." His dragonmark begins glowing brightly and a blast of fast moving wind begins clearing away the fog. activating gust of wind SLA to blow back up the stairs, then moving so I can't be shot from the stairs.


Shadow's Status
Taryn d'Lyrandar wrote:
umm... I'd like to act in the round you're skipping?

Sure. For some reason I thought you went already.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Ninth Day of Dravago - Dorasharn Tower - E-213 Valve Cluster

Taryn's gust of wind clears the hall of the obscuring mist as well as the mist that seemed to leak out from that spell!

Round 3 Begins.


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Round 3

I got you now Warforged ! she says as she cast a spell then moves into close combat

Cast: touch of fatigue, Move toward target, Attack fighting Def

Touch attack : 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12

Fort Save DC 13 Fail: Fatigued for 1rd

Current AC 19

51 to 100 of 703 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.