The Forgotten Forge - Eberron (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Ruins of Dorasharn

Sewer Encounter


651 to 700 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Lady d'Vown responds to Gauntlet, "Very well Gauntlet, that is what we admire most about your race, your ability to focus on goals until they are accomplished to the exclusion of the mundane, it is what made you all such excellent and fearsome soldiers. In hindsight, whether that is a virtue or a vice I leave to the philosophers to decide.

A contact, actually of my bodyguards here, a Warforged Inquisitive of all things, provided me with all I know.

The Lord of Blades is an enigmatic entity, his nature and motivations are unclear. It does appear that he harbors a strong hatred for "living" races. He apparantly does not reside within Sharn but somewhere in the Mournland.

Speculation among those in the "know" is that he is the last creation of House Cannith before the forges were shut down by the Treaty of Thronehold. Others believe he was formed in secret by Warforged who fired up a forge one last time to create their own leader who was free of Cannith influence. The rumor told was that he was the warforged Bulwark who served King Boranel of Breland.

The truth at this point is unknown. What is known is that he has operatives here in the city and that they have murdered the Professor.

I surmise that they did so to get the very thing you have all retrieved for House Cannith.

What else they are doing here, if anything, and why is not clear as the one that was captured refused to speak and escaped before clerics or wizards could be brought in to fully interrogate him".

That particular Warforged the group ended up defeating in the undercity.

"The Lord of Blades stronghold in the Mournland, if that is truly where he resides, makes him a difficult enemy indeed to deal with as it is not a place fit for the living.

Tell me, did you encounter many Warforged in your quest? I trust that the rest of the group I hired is well somewhere else and merely recovering from their injuries?"

Big update on Friday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet rubs his chin with his hand, in an oddly human-like gesture.

"Thanks you. I can only note that the warforged Haqueton did not survive the initial ambush from the enemy warforged my Lady. Some of the others brought his body back while we all continued forward, but now they are missing as well. We were not too concerned before now...but if what you say is true, then we may need to check on them as soon as possible to make sure they are truly well."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Thanks, cuz," says Caelan without rancor. He performs a quick touch-up, then hands the pencil and mirror back. "This is Xetovia, by the way," he says by way of introduction. "Xetovia, my cousin Erix. Xetovia is vastly underselling the value of her expertise in a situation we found ourselves in regarding a renegade necromancer and his mindless but very brain-eager minions."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

No, Erix does not sport the same eye-liner. He has the kit for other reasons.

"Well met Xetovia. 'Brain-eager minions' you say? That would explain a lot cousin." He says teasingly.

When Lady d'Vown explains about the Lord of Blades, Erix nods. He had heard some rumors while traveling during the Last Battle, most of which were just confirmed. "Alright, so now what? Since you're paying us for retrieving the schema that makes you are new employer. What next boss Lady?"


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Quote:
Caelan d'Orien wrote:
"Thanks, cuz," says Caelan without rancor. He performs a quick touch-up, then hands the pencil and mirror back. "This is Xetovia, by the way," he says by way of introduction. "Xetovia, my cousin Erix. Xetovia is vastly underselling the value of her expertise in a situation we found ourselves in regarding a renegade necromancer and his mindless but very brain-eager minions."
Erix d'Orien wrote:
"Well met Xetovia. 'Brain-eager minions' you say? That would explain a lot cousin." He says teasingly.

Thinking back to the permeating chaos that shaped their respective meeting during those turbulent times before the Treaty of Thronehold was even established...Refugees fleeing from all quarters from the Mournlands- from the Nation of Cyran that was... We of the Argent Anthracites of Thrane who had been tasked with tracking down and eliminating that filth-ridden Karrnathi Necromancer, who was one among many responsible for the foul massacre and defilement at Shadukar... and Caelan's own caravan somehow getting caught up in all of that... Xetovia pushes back at those fleeting dark memories before carefully voicing her reply to both Caelan and Erix. "My own extensive training and experience in dealing with the Undead from the Anthracites had served me well in that stead but it was only by the grace of the Silver Flame... and all of the Host, perhaps even fortune or luck, that Caelan and I could be among those who had survived to tell such a tale."

Quote:
the Dragon Between wrote:

Lady d'Vown responds to Gauntlet, "Very well Gauntlet, that is what we admire most about your race, your ability to focus on goals until they are accomplished to the exclusion of the mundane, it is what made you all such excellent and fearsome soldiers. In hindsight, whether that is a virtue or a vice I leave to the philosophers to decide.

A contact, actually of my bodyguards here, a Warforged Inquisitive of all things, provided me with all I know.

...

The Lord of Blades stronghold in the Mournland, if that is truly where he resides, makes him a difficult enemy indeed to deal with as it is not a place fit for the living.

Tell me, did you encounter many Warforged in your quest? I trust that the rest of the group I hired is well somewhere else and merely recovering from their injuries?"

Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:

"Thanks you. I can only note that the warforged Haqueton did not survive the initial ambush from the enemy warforged my Lady. Some of the others brought his body back while we all continued forward, but now they are missing as well. We were not too concerned before now...but if what you say is true, then we may need to check on them as soon as possible to make sure they are truly well."

Erix d'Orien wrote:
"Alright, so now what? Since you're paying us for retrieving the schema that makes you are new employer. What next boss Lady?"

As a minor aside, Lady d'Vown's Warforged Inquisitive contact goes by the name of Pierce and he serves in a somewhat similar function as Mickey P. for Dev, Tool-Box, and Xetovia- as a FYI. :)


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Quote:
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:

Thinking back to the permeating chaos that shaped their respective meeting during those turbulent times before the Treaty of Thronehold was even established...

Refugees fleeing from all quarters from the Mournlands- from the Nation of Cyran that was... We of the Argent Anthracites of Thrane who had been tasked with tracking down and eliminating that filth-ridden Karrnathi Necromancer, who was one among many responsible for the foul massacre and defilement at Shadukar... and Caelan's own caravan somehow getting caught up in all of that...

Xetovia pushes back at those fleeting dark memories before carefully voicing her reply to both Caelan and Erix. "My own extensive training and experience in dealing with the Undead from the Anthracites had served me well in that stead but it was only by the grace of the Silver Flame... and all of the Host, perhaps even fortune or luck, that Caelan and I could be among those who had survived to tell such a tale."

After taking another quick sip from her cup, Xetovia gives another surreptitious glance back over to Caelan before she gives Erix a wry grin and says, "If we were to speak of underselling, Caelan's own tactical acumen had proven to be quite useful, much to my own recollection..."

...And regret. By the time we had made our presence known, things had taken a turn for the worse- unsurprisingly. It was very much Caelan's own gift for adapting to that very tense... situation... that allowed for some of those Cyran refugees to be rescued, may the Silver Flame forgive me for my... own hateful prejudices at the time!

Noticing that her right hand was now tautly gripped around her cup, Xetovia relaxes her grip around the cup (now that she wasn't lost inside her distant reveries) and adds in with a quieter, "While our parting of the ways back then wasn't quite on very friendly terms, I feel I should let you know that I had taken what you've said to heart; took me over a better part of an entire year to come to that realization. Silver Flame willing, it's why I'm here now.", as she looks directly at Caelan once more with a slight hint of resolve upon her countenance before finally looking away with a minute shrug.

Quote:
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:
As a minor aside, Lady d'Vown's Warforged Inquisitive contact goes by the name of Pierce and he serves in a somewhat similar function as Mickey P. for Dev, Tool-Box, and Xetovia- as a FYI. :)

Offering a brief silent prayer to the Silver Flame for this Haqueton's sake, Xetovia asks aloud, "Silver Flame forbid, Who else has fallen or is missing among both groups?"; her curiosity now piqued by these further revelations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

She frowns at what Gauntlet has to say, "I am sorry that has happened. I was hoping this would be a retrieval job and not some sort of sword battle beneath the Towers of Sharn. I will make payment for your comrades that did not show as well as the fallen".

Lady d'Vown shakes her head at Erix, "Once you deliver to me the schema and I to you the payment, the contract is at an end. I would appreciate an escort back to my own Inn. After that, I will be taking my leave of Sharn for a time. I do not wish to stay while there is danger about me".

Expanded post later on tonight but I wanted to address this point.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

I shall agree to bring you back to your inn as a completion of the contract if none else will Pink Eye says his voice gruff and deep almost an echo of a base drum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
none Warforged Artificer 2

Seeing the cousins talk about eyeliner and make-up the warforged smiles a bit. We are not so different after all!

Toolbox mentally makes notes touching an embroided part of his armor here, an etching there to link those information better to his armory in his mind.
"Mylady, I will gladly escort you back to the Inn!"


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Xetovia, at some point, may decide to approach Gauntlet for answers about the casualties and the missing since he was really the only one willing to openly announce such, if those details don't get mentioned or dealt with already. :)

When Lady d'Vown announces her desire to be escorted back to her inn, Xetovia decides to see her task through to the finish as a Bodyguard to the Lady. Xetovia will certainly let anyone that she is accompanied with know of her intent as well.

Quote:
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:

from the Nation of Cyran that was...

...

Noticing that her right hand was now tautly gripped around her cup, Xetovia relaxes her grip around the cup (now that she wasn't lost inside her distant reveries) and adds in with a quieter, "While our parting of the ways back then wasn't quite on very friendly terms, I feel I should let you know that I had taken what you've said to heart; took me over a better part of an entire year to come to that realization. Silver Flame willing, it's why I'm here now.", as she looks directly at Caelan once more with a slight hint of resolve upon her countenance before finally looking away with a minute shrug.

Heh, actually meant Nation of Cyre, not Cyran; didn't catch the error before now.

Amidst that uncontrollable number of ravenous undead, Caelan was able to hold everyone- not just his men, but ours, and even the surviving Cyran refugees- together... Kept inflamed tempers in check long enough so that any verbal conflicts didn't spill over into actual infighting; as the Silver Flame be my witness, that was nothing short of miraculous in and of itself!

Letting the slightest hint of embarrassment show upon her face while she is looking away from both Caelan and Erix, Xetovia takes that moment to clear her throat and compose herself.

"This isn't exactly the sort of thing one would say to someone that they haven't seen in a while- or even with any close relatives nearby, for that matter- but...", Xetovia says as she finally looks back at both Caelan and Erix, "it was something I felt that I should get it off my chest, as it were. My apologies for bringing something like this up so abruptly, Milord Caelan, Milord Erix."

Feeling much better about herself for having the chance to express her gratitude towards Caelan (whom she really didn't expect to see again!), it doesn't quite occur to the Thranish Follower of the Silver Flame that she had never really expressed what the reason was for why she was exactly here in Sharn, of all places!

Presumably this conversation takes place before Gauntlet calls for attention about the Lord of Blades. Any misunderstandings that may arise is purely coincidental. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Lady d'Vown smiles, "I appreciate that..."

The door opens cutting off the rest of what she was about to say. Into the Festhall step three heavily armed humans and one heavily armed Warforged all wearing insignia's of House Cannith. They take in the scene before them and one of them spots d'Vown, "She is indeed here Sir".

A man then steps through, a man all of you know as he is one of the most powerful men in Sharn, if not Breland, if not all of Khorvaire. Baron Merrix d'Cannith perhaps teh most renowned artificers in the world today. At 34 he still appears a young man, his hair black as night and styled in the latest wavy fashion. His clothing is clearly enhanced by magical protections and many rings adorn his fingers.

"Ah Lady d'Vown, how pleasant of you to summon me to this Fest Hall. It has been so long since I visited the lower levels of the City. I expect that this is not a dinner in my honor and you have something to discuss with me cousin?"

Lady d'Vown stands an curtsies, "I am so sorry to bother you cousin I certainly should have paid you a visit but I know how busy you are and our, ah, factions of the House have not exactly been getting along these days".

He gestures for her to continue.

"I was ahm, retrieving something for House Cannith and had hired some of the assembled mercenaries you see before you to assist me with the retrieval. It turns out, so did Suthar..."

Merrix frowns, "Suthar was here in the city?"

The Lady responds, "Yes indeed in this very Fest Hall you missed him by but a small margin of time".

"Unfortunate, I would have liked to have confronted that thief myself".

Lady d'Vown smiles, "So then you are saying that Suthar was not hired by you?"

Merrix's frown deepens, "Did he say he was?"

I'll let the rest of you jump in here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet wishes he was anywhere but here...

"Master Merrix! You...were unexpected."

If a warforged could shake in fright, Gauntlet would be doing it now.

"You are of course welcome to our...negotiations. Are you here...
because...?"

Gauntlet looks suddenly at Lady d'Vown.

"No. Of course not. Nevermind."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

My laptop died in mid-post and I lost... a lot.

When Xetovia elaborates on her reason for visiting Sharn, Caelan's easygoing smile falters ever so slightly, and his voice bears the smallest hint of strain as he says, "That was years ago - it was a hard time for all of us. We can put the unpleasantness firmly in the past."

As the room shifts from inner House antagonism to higher-level politics, Caelan listens intently to the interplay between Merrix and Lady d'Vown. "Master Merrix!" he says with a small amount of surprise. "Obviously we've uncovered something of unexpected historical importance to House Cannith. Fortunately all of our Houses have business in common and friendly relations are what keep us all happy in this postwar world." He sidles over by Gauntlet and puts his free hand on the warforged's shoulder. "It seems that Suthar's bluff has been called and Lady d'Vown has secured the item of interest for the proper hands, so let's wrap up quickly and let everyone get back to their other business, shall we?"

The implication for those with political savvy is that Caelan is acting the part of the slightly-tipsy mercenary so that Merrix has the excuse he needs to complete his deal fast, get out of here and back to whatever he was doing, and do it all without coming off as a brusque a!#%!~#, thereby saving face.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Content to pay attention to the exchanges that were going on, Ama had actually managed to pick up her utensils and eat a bit of what was on her plate. Though when Merrix of Cannith walks in, she finds that she's lost her appetite from all the tension that is suddenly in the room, and sets her utensils down with a quiet sigh. She still kept her ears open to the conversations— the ones that she could understand– but her nerves were wound too tightly for her to eat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr had risen, and was about to offer to join the party accompanying the lady back to her inn, when the Baron made his entrance. Viorr felt his eyebrows rise and, almost despite himself, felt himself standing a little straighter. He held his tongue for the moment, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

beylinda stands quiety and ever watchful of the exchange that is about to happen


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Quote:
Caelan d'Orien wrote:
When Xetovia elaborates on her reason for visiting Sharn, Caelan's easygoing smile falters ever so slightly, and his voice bears the smallest hint of strain as he says, "That was years ago - it was a hard time for all of us. We can put the unpleasantness firmly in the past."

Giving an understanding nod to Caelan, Xetovia replies, "Agreed, let the past be past. By the grace of the Silver Flame... and the Host, may we be guided towards a better future." as she takes another drink from her mug.

Quote:
Caelan d'Orien wrote:
"Master Merrix!" he says with a small amount of surprise. "Obviously we've uncovered something of unexpected historical importance to House Cannith. Fortunately all of our Houses have business in common and friendly relations are what keep us all happy in this postwar world." He sidles over by Gauntlet and puts his free hand on the warforged's shoulder. "It seems that Suthar's bluff has been called and Lady d'Vown has secured the item of interest for the proper hands, so let's wrap up quickly and let everyone get back to their other business, shall we?"

Pausing momentarily as she briefly glances over towards Erix, Xetovia finds herself following after Caelan as he moves up to Gauntlet's side- all the while addressing the Leader of House Cannith in a confident but swagger-filled manner. Correspondingly, the Warforged's earlier confidence and tone of voice becomes seemingly more subdued since the arrival of Lord Merrix.

Placing her half-empty cup down upon the center food table, Xetovia, deciding that she should go and stand besides Lady d'Vown as a not-as-of-yet dismissed Bodyguard, gingerly moves past both Caelan and Gauntlet by squeezing past behind the both of them. Her left hand seemingly reaches forth to place itself upon Gauntlet's center back area (almost a bit too quickly from Xetovia's own viewpoint but at this point she is much more focused towards reaching Lady d'Vown's side). Her left hand slowly begins to move along from Gauntlet's back over to Gauntlet's other shoulder (the one not being touched by Caelan), as if trying to find some balance while the Thranish Bodyguard maneuvers herself through to the other side of Gauntlet.

Her attempt towards reaching her Lady's side proves to be rather unsuccessful as Xetovia finds herself being pulled off-balance as her left hand refuses to relinquish it's contact with Gauntlet. Quickly finding her footing again so that she doesn't end up sprawled upon the floor, Xetovia gives an annoyed glance over to Dol Durand which gradually gives way to a more horrified look as she notes that Dol Durand's glowing eye has manifested itself upon the back of her hand. Thinking quickly, Xetovia, slapping her right hand over her left in order to cover up that the glowing blue fiery eye, tries to pose herself as naturally as she could attempt to while standing next to Gauntlet opposite of where Caelan is standing. The end result looks as if Xetovia is presenting herself as some kind of show-room model leaning towards the latest display- in this case, a very nervous Gauntlet with a swaggering Caelan on the other side. Xetovia attempts to put on her very best smile through all of this, as if she had meant to do all that.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

All creatures were equal to Pink Eye in the eyes of his god, sometimes predator, sometimes prey. This was no different and Pink Eye could give a goat's passing gas level of care for this moment. It was just one more moment stuck in this forsaken city. Yet for all of this attention this schema must be worth more then was thought.
I am not impressed with one person more or less then the other, but what I am impressed with is the amount of attention this schema is getting. Perhaps it is worth more then noted for this Lord of Blades and Suthar to also be after it so heartily? The minotaur lets that simmer in the room like some untasty stew.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama found herself answering before she could think better about it. Despite her nerves, this was something that she had read about and could address. She looked momentarily surprised that she was speaking when she had resolved to not do so, but kept going. "Objectively speaking, you are correct—" she glanced over at the Lady and Master, letting out an audible 'eep!', having forgotten her company. –no slight intended, esteemed guests. The only things that stand in the way of their value are several things: Primarily, that the House has lost the means of creating the Warforged, as those Foges fell during the Day of Mourning. To date, neither has any information I have read indicate that the skill has not been reclaimed, nor the methods of production. It is said the schema may provide some of that information. That still does not account for the talent needed to do so, which I surmise the House has a standing reward for, as well as the standing ban on their creation enacted by the Treaty of Thronehold."

She paused, looking thoughtful as she considered the methods and means, her mouth going before she thought better of it. "That is not to say that there is no value in the knowledge, but that is where things stand to the public at present."

A sip of her wine was taken before she blinked and realized that she had just expounded at length towards two individuals that were intimately involved and probably knew all that she had just explained and more. Her face darkened in embarrassment as she tried to return to not being the center of attention.
__________________________
K.History brainac go!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Merrix grins, "Ah unit designation 27974. Gauntlet. One of my last and most interesting creations. How do you fare?"

Merrix eyes Xetovia and Caelan curiously but says nothing to them in response, his eyes do light up when Pink-Eye speaks, "A schema? What schema?"

Lady d'Vown replies smoothly, "As Ama so eloquently stated, a collectors piece nothing more Lord Merrix".

Merrix gives Lady d'Vown a skeptical look then looks to the group assembled, "I can confirm that Suthar does not work for me.

However, it is fortuitous that I arrived here when I did to clear that matter up. I am willing to offer ten times what Lady d'Vown has offered for this schema. If there is an ancient heirloom retrieved in this city, my city. It is only right that I be the one to claim it".

Lady d'Vown appears apoplectic at the offer...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet draws his fear away suddenly, and stares at the man called Merrix. He flashes his left palm, marked with a duplicate of his eldritch forehead sign, and waves the hand as if clearing away a fog.

"NO. I cannot speak for the others here, but we made a bargain with the Lady here...and she has been honorable in her dealings with us...so far...and I for one will not simply be 'bought out' by the offer of more money. The artifact belongs to the lady by right of contract. Or should we bring in the Breland authorities to settle the matter? As far as I am concerned, you two can decide to do whatever you want with each other for the thing...outside of Sharn. Away from us. I am GAUNTLET of SHARN, a rightful citizen of Breland by the Treaty of Thronehold, and NOT designation 27974 anymore. I have spoken."

At this point Gauntlet crosses his arms and almost wishes a fight would break out just settle things.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: No; Active Energy: Electricity

Dev takes a loud inhale at Gauntlet's outburst, and straightens his back, taking a strong posture as he stands at Lady d'Vown's side. Such a strange evolution, this experience. But then Baron Merrix showing up? What were the odds?!

Dev had been debating introducing himself, if only to say he'd met the master craftsman, but with the direction this was taking, he was glad he'd stayed silent. There would be time for networking for later...hopefully. Who knows, maybe this was his lucky day!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"It is, indeed, most generous...but our bargain was made with the Lady, Sir. I, too, would see it granted to her - though what business the two of you may come to together after, well, that is of course your own concern."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks over at Viorr and nods his head in thanks at his support.

"You call us 'mercenaries,' yet where would our reputations be if we reneged on contracts just for higher payouts? I may be just a 'forged as far as some people are concerned, but at least I'm an honest and law-abiding one."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looks at both of the parties and at his group and says simply a contract is not binding if a party does not enter in good faith. The value of the schema was known to the lady but clearly not factored into the contracts value. If she wishes to offer a better rate our original contract stands, however, if she does not then I am fine with accepting the better offer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

As tensions subside upon Suthar's exit, Carduus grabs himself a plate of food and sits down to eat next to his two companions. Pulling the bandages up from the bottom half of his face he reveals a crooked postular nose, scabrous chin, and cracked lips which cover yellow-black teeth, and unceremoniously shovels food into his mouth. I haven't had a real meal since before yesterday - didn't realize how hungry I'd gotten. Bad habit, especially when on the job. Gotta keep my strength up.

The mercenary pauses when Lord Merrix enters, but as violence seems unlikely the sickly man resumes his repast. As his unchosen colleagues begin to debate Merrix's offer and accuse his own employer of bad faith, however, he casts his glance towards Taryn and Beylinda. We've already made more than any ten good jobs would pay and we're still alive to spend it; why cross our employer now? Three different Lords and Ladies looking to out-do one another, and us caught in the middle... This whole thing's gotten too risky - we're like t' get killed if we press our luck. Suthar's lot is welcome to negotiate themselves into the grave, but it's time for us to settle up and get the hell out of here.

Carduus puts down his food and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, though it's unclear whether the grubby bandages which wrap his extremities actually serve to clean his face. He stands and addresses the gathering in his hoarse voice. "Me and mine are happy to give the item to our employer, Lady D'Vown, and take the thousand gold we were originally contracted for. What she and the Lord here choose to do with the item we retrieved is above our station and concern. Now, if those Suthar hired and subsequently abandoned here are unwilling to turn that item over as they just agreed to, I could only say that it would prove Suthar's character to be reflected in that of his chosen servants." What was that you told yerself before about picking a fight with a minotaur, Cardy?

He looks over Suthar's mercenaries before pointedly resting his gaze on Ama. C'mon, book-woman, do the right thing here and let's all go home.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: No; Active Energy: Electricity

"That, my friend, is certainly an interesting interpretation of how contacts work. Do tell me, under exactly which Barrister did you study...?" Dev interjects, taking offense at Pink-Eye's sudden inclination to renegotiate the deal with Lady d'Vown.

"Because I've done business in this city for a good long while now, and I've never heard of such a thing. If you're not willing to follow through on a contract, don't take the job. Research ahead of time all you like, and negotiate, sure, but it doesn't sound like you've done either."

"Err...whoops" Dev thinks, remembering too late that one shouldn't provoke a Minotaur, and that he'd been trying to impress the Cannith nobles with his professionalism. Still the issue was very near to him, as an artisan who often bought goods he appraised himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

A contract is a contract. it is up to all parties to negotiate before and not after I agree with Carduus


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

The next exchange made Ama sigh again, though she managed to arrest the motion of her hand towards her face, redirecting it towards her chin as she set her elbow on the table briefly. She did shoot a frown and narrow-eyed look at Dev, checking to see whether or not he was maligning her studies, or being actively negative.

The look from Carduus was not missed, though she did frown back at him, wondering why he was looking at her so pointedly. Given his previous words, she was certainly confused at why he seemed to be singling her out of them. 'Is he trying to imply that I'm the odd one out? I'd never even seen Suthar before today, so I'm not sure why he would assume that... Is he trying to hint at something else?' She looked around the room at everyone, trying to find something that seemed odd. 'One of the Lady's bodyguards has some odd mannerisms, but I probably wouldn't know trouble until it started.'

Perhaps he meant the nobles of the Cannith House?

Still wearing the slight frown of confusion, Ama looked towards the Lady and Master, to see if maybe something was odd there. Beylinda's position on the payment was understandable, as was Pink-Eye's. She remained neutral, as she was not expecting to be paid out of the deal, she was just here for the sake of completion, and an opportunity to experience how something like this worked... It was not like she had anywhere else to be.
________________________________
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

clearly none of these... beings have any idea how house politics work... but if I intervene it's only going to make things more complicated... best to stay out of it and hope we get paid something and get out of here soon...

Taryn continues to sit quietly and eat, not doing anything to attract attention to himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix listens quietly to all of the back and forth, including the new bigger and better offer from Merrix.

"While Lord Merrix does make a strong point, about this being his city and all, our original arrangement was with Suthar, who has apparently skipped town. We then made an informal agreement with Lady d'Vown. Now, I suppose we could accept Lord Merrix's deal, but maybe after we do that, the King of Breland himself will come and offer yet a fourth bigger and better one. "


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Getting this Sense Motive roll for why Lady d'Vown was upset at Merrix's outbidding and playing down the schema aspect. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24. One possible assumption would be that Lady d'Vown had maybe hoped to gain some concessions from reuniting West and South Cannith?

As Gauntlet begins to find the inner strength from his own sense of honor and fair-play to help override his state of intimidation by Lord Merrix, Xetovia obliges the stalwart Warforged by removing Dol Durand from his shoulder.

I don't know what has gotten into you by grabbing hold of this one particular Warforged out of all of the other ones we have already met, Dol Durand, but you must cease this aberrant behavior at once!

Uttering a quick word of apology to Gauntlet, Xetovia, tightening her right hand's grip upon her left hand, forcibly yanks her left hand free from the Warforged. As the Thranish Bodyguard of Lady d'Vown takes a few steps back from Gauntlet, Xetovia notes with some amount of relief that Dev Blake has been staying close by the Lady's side.

Xetovia had something of a proud smile upon her face as both Gauntlet and Viorr expressed their desire for keeping their agreement with the Lady as she thinks, For being the ones hired by that deceitful snake, Suthar, I would never had thought either the Warforged nor the Elf to be so honorable and forthright in their dealings; it shouldn't be such a surprise though- Caelan would never tarry among their company if they weren't!, to herself but that very same smile does subside somewhat once Pink-Eye makes known his own expressed opinion of the matter. I should've expected this from one of Droaam's monstrous denizens... but he's a worshiper of one of the Host! How could he be this way?!. That faltering smile of Xetovia's does strengthen a bit more as the Thranish Vampire Hunter notes Dev's strident defense of the Lady's offer for this... skeemah object.

It is the bandaged Carduus' own standing speech addressed to all the gathered sides in the Festhall that would prove most informative from Xetovia's own point of view.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

In truth, it was that very speech made by Carduus which helped Xetovia thoroughly discover just who exactly were the ones that were really hired by Suthar, while leaving the ones that the Lady had hired quite obvious by the process of elimination. I'll assume for the sake of simplicity that it'd be just those names listed for Table 1 in the Secrets of Sharn thread that Carduus looked upon. Indeed, it was the bandaged man's very own extended gaze upon ex-Librarian Ama Freewater that had not gone unnoticed by the Thranish Bodyguard.

And I was proven yet wrong again in my speculations about who it was that Suthar had hired. It does seem as if the half-elven woman who had spoken with Dev much earlier is one of Suthar's and not one of the Lady's as I had originally thought. Also strange that Mickey P. didn't get singled out by the bandaged one either... but I could've sworn upon the Silver Flame that the one-legged old man had said that he was part of those hired!

Beylinda quickly follows up with her own spoken support for Carduus' view after he is done with his speech. I had initially thought her as one of the types whom Suthar would have hired but clearly she's far too classy for the likes of that liar, cheat... and thief- if what Lord Merrix said was true! Erix, Cousin to Caelan, speaks up afterwards as he takes himself upon the role of a devil's advocate, of sorts. The Half-Elven man, a scion of House Lysandar by the Lady's own words, sits inconspicuously silent throughout all of this exchange.

It is from her own brief observation of Taryn that Xetovia is suddenly reminded of the fact that she never tried to take any serious account of just who might be remaining from the Lady's own hired expeditionary party that are still present in the Festhall (the departed Haqueton being the only named casualty thus far). Xetovia ends up trying to take as accurate a count as she could; Unfortunately, that number turns out to be woefully small with three remaining of the original seven...

All those lost from our Lady's own expedition. From seven to just three awardees from the Bloodcrier's Hammer airship disaster and fellow veterans all of the Last War, may the Silver Flame keep guard upon their souls! I'm sure Carduus will be more than happy to correct Xetovia once she opens her big yap about it. ;)

Not feeling that she would have any right in participating in the final decision that will ultimately made by the joint members of both hired expeditionary groups, Xetovia reluctantly steps forward to address the entire gathering, her right hand still clearly held tautly over her left hand. "If I may be allowed to speak upon my Lady's behalf", as she gives a quick curtsy to Lady d'Vown. "I am Xetovia Phlogiston of Thrane and I am one among those of us hired by Lady d'Vown of House Cannith West to act as her Bodyguards.", Xetovia states while sparing a quick glance over to both Dev and Tool-Box.

"Speaking only for myself- may the Silver Flame strike me down if I should speak a word of untruth before all of you, I believe that it would not be within my own purview to give either approval or disapproval to whatever offers the two hired Expeditionary group will eventually take."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Really should've timed my postings better. ;p

Now turning to face Lord Merrix directly, Xetovia gives a quick curtsy to him and continues forth- still keeping her left hand tightly under "wrap" with her right hand. "In truth, I have not been made aware of the divisions within House Cannith despite being hired by our Lady to closely guard her person; indeed, it was only through the resulting conversation between my Lady and Suthar that both the Houses of Cannith West and Cannith South were made known to me". Of course, Thrane never really had any extensively close dealings with any of the Dragonmarked Houses, save for House Sivis and House Kundarak!

"Still, while I'm not privy to your Houses' inner workings nor would it be any business of mine to know of such things, it is my sincere hope that the both of your respective House... divisions will yet find common cause with one another. Perhaps it will be that your factions of South and West will both reach upon some common consensus, even cooperation, upon this discovery made by all of these expeditionary members, brave and true". While Xetovia might have done a dramatically gestural wave of emphasis with both her hand and arm outstretched in the direction of the table where the expedition parties are seated, for obvious reasons, she did not.

May the Silver Flame duly allow the fires of cooperation spring forth among those gathered here...

"A discovery that was not without it's own share of tragedies, as both my Lady and the entire Expeditionary teams can personally attest to. Perhaps a sharing of the rewards offered by both House Cannith West and House Cannith South- done in the spirit of cooperation- for this matter of the newly recovered... skeemah...artifact, Milord Merrix, Milady d'Vown, may be in order? With the blesings of the Silver Flame, with the entire Sovereign Host, perhaps this humble venture can lead to a House Cannith that may become united as one again."

It had been a matter of argument that Xetovia had quickly thought up just in case Pink-Eye's view-point had gained traction among the gathered groups instead, with the Thranish Bodyguard hoping to remind Merrix of Lady d'Vown own considerable efforts in securing the...skeemah (nothing to be merely discarded or dismissed upon Merrix's own whim). But it could serve just as well in overcoming any impasse or objection from Lord Merrix's part... hopefully.

Let me know if any diplomacy checks are in order... :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looks at the assembled crew and says with a wry look on his face accuse yourselves first of deception before you look to me. I simply seek the balance and natures strength tells me that this thing is worth more then was offered. I signed on with a fellow that left, so what. I am here now and until we hand that thing over I bled as much as any other here for it. If offered five silver for some rust covered thing that turned out to be worth a pound of gold and still sold it for five silver perhaps you tell me who the stupid one is?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Eleventh Day of Dravago - The Vista View Festhall

Lord Merrix speaks, "Who would have thought the Minotaur the most sensible of those assembled. No matter, I shall take up my claim with Lady d'Vown's employer. I leave you all to sort out this business yourselves, for me, the fact that Suthar has been revealed a liar is reward enough this day".

He pauses and looks at Xetovia, "House Cannith will reunite when those who believe they are fit to lead, come to the realization they are not".

He heads to the door and turns back once more, "Minotaur, should you need work, you can come to my door to find it..."

---------

Merrix d'Cannith takes his leave and Lady d'Vwon breathes a sigh of relief, "I thank you all for supporting me under the terms of the law of contracts here in Sharn, that Schema is rightfully mine to take possession of. There are ten of you here". She reaches into the bag at her hip and pulls out piles of platinum! "Four thousand gold, all in platinum, now, if you would all be so kind as to hand me the schema and escort me home".

Alright, last comments here folks, you all just earned another 400 GP and Mickey P. picked up 400 for himself it seems. See the Discussion thread for where to go after you post your final thoughts here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet shakes his head in the negative.

"No one is calling you stupid Pink-Eye. We have a unique situation here. Mine and some of the others....could have our reputations damaged by this situation. You are not from Sharn. I can understand if you care not for such distinctions. I am also not trying to speak for the entire group, but from my heart. My honesty and honor are in question here. If Merrix wants to buy our contracts from the Lady here, that is between them. We have an agreement with HER. For Merrix to bypass the lady and offer us more to hand over the fruits of our work to him is tantamount to a bribe for us, and only 'House' politics for them. I stand by my word. The end result is now up to the Lady."

Gauntlet now realizes his shoulder tingles a bit where the strange Xetovia woman touched him. It was an odd sensation...especially since he's never 'felt' tingling as a sensation before at all!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Medic/Miserable Bastard | NG Male Human Oracle 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 15 (T 10, FF 15) | CMB +1 / CMD: 11 | F +2, R +0, W +5 | Init +0 | Perception +3. Sense Motive +6 | Speed 30' | Channels 4/5 | Spells 1st: 3/5 | Hero Points: 8/6 | *Active effects: none

Assuming Lady D'Vown is given the schema...:

After Lord Merrix leaves and lady D'Vown is given the schema, Carduus moves forward and collects his payment. He pauses for an instant, as if to say something, then thinks better of it. It's the orc and elf bloods' own damn fault they weren't here to get paid, if they're even still alive. I want done with this job before I'm cut in half by a 'forged fanatic - or a minotaur! He then returns to the sides of his two teammates to escort the Lady home as requested.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: No; Active Energy: Electricity

"...remind me never to contract with a Minotaur then," Dev mutters under his breath, so only the closest can hear.

Shaking his head, he tries to put the whole venture behind him. He politely accepts his fee from Lady d'Vown and the grabs a last few bites of food, as he makes ready to leave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye collects his coin from the table and nods to Mickey saying Thank you for reference and assistance with this job. and then Pink eye too walks to the door. find me if you wish in the next day in the largest city park as I will be there. If none of you has something for me after that I shall seek employment with Merrix.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr helps himself to a large goblet of wine before heading out into Sharn to spend his loot...

(See you on table II, folks!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Bloodrager | HP 15/22 | AC 19 (t12/ff19) | Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3 | sense motive +0, perception +7 (low-light vision); +2 initiative

Taryn claims his share and falls in line with Carduus and Beylinda.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan gives Gauntlet a final pat on the shoulder and says, "Well, party's over. All things considered, could've gone a lot worse." He sets down his ale mug on a nearby table and tilts his head, which elicits a slight cracking sound from his neck.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet stares at the platinum in his hands as Caelan says goodbye then nods heavily in agreement.

"Yes. Much worse. Good wishes to you and yours my friend. May we only ever cross blades in friendship!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

With the schema delivered, Ama had finally calmed enough to finish the food that had been left neglected on her plate— pretty good, not that she was a connoisseur of foods. Still the 'clink' of the coins being paid out to the others was something that she wanted, but the thought of the breastplate that she had already claimed was enough to stomp on the desire for money. They had made their contract, they had completed their job.

She lingered on her wine as the others finished up their transactions, readying herself to leave when they did.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Lady d'Vown grins at Ama, "One of these piles is for you my dear, coma claim it!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Speechless was something that rarely could be applied to Ama. She knew how to not comment on things when her contribution would not help, and she knew how to hold her tongue when she had nothing to add. It was just a mixture of surprise and social standing that had her at a loss for words, was all. Still, she gaped for a couple of seconds before she remembered how to make her mouth move.

Sounds came out a few seconds after she remembered that she could do that too, and words were shortly behind that. She was definitely caught off-guard. "...Um... Ah.. Lady... I-I'm not— that is, I was not contracted on, I was accompanying the Professor, and just got swept up–"

She looked to the others, confused about the proper manner in this situation besides "run up and take the money like an ill-mannered commoner", being offered money was wonderful, but she had no protocol for this! Frozen with indecision, she could not make her legs work to stand, or find the words to explain her situation.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Having given her own suggestion (mostly directed towards Lord Merrix than to Lady d'Vown), Xetovia tries her best to not letting her own sense of anxiousness overtake her outward demeanor. For the most part, she is successful although a bead of nervous perspiration does end up trickling down the side of her neck. Flame forgive me, I can only hope that I didn't overstep my boundaries as the Lady's Bodyguard when I spoke of what I had said...

Listening to Pink-Eye's final rebuttal, the Thranish Bodyguard could only silently give her thanks once again to the Silver Flame that most of the expeditionary crew went along with staying with their agreement to Lady d'Vown. When Lord Merrix does deign to speak his reply to Xetovia, she sensibly replies in turn with just a curt, "Your Lordship." while curtsying once more- this time keeping her head bowed and avoiding any eye contact with the Scion of Cannith South. Finally, as Lady d'Vown breathes out her sigh of relief and makes good upon her offer of payment to the entire room, Xetovia gives off her own relieved sigh and proceeds to discreetly go off to a more secluded corner of the Festhall so that she could check upon Dol Durand without much disturbance.

Paying little attention to the follow-up discussion between Gauntlet and Pink-Eye or the inevitable lining up of the others for their financial reward from the Lady, Xetovia discovers that while her left hand had ceased to manifest its' glowing eye, it still seemed very willing to keep the gregarious Warforged within its' own line of sight, such as it was. Perhaps it may be best to keep a discreet distance from this Gauntlet, at least for the remainder of this meeting. Partaking of some of the food from the furthest corner of the banquet table, Xetovia pours herself another drink and quietly observes the rest of the goings-on.

As Pink-Eye and Viorr each take their respective leave for the night- along with the remainder of the two groups seeming to have congregated among themselves (Gauntlet and Caelan; Taryn, Beylinda, and Carduus- as an example), Xetovia notes that Ama Freewater, the scholarly Half-Elven hire of Suthar's, is keeping her discreet distance from most of the others and- even more surprisingly- unwilling to line up for her own part of the payment reward.

Why would she be so reluctant to claim her rightful due? the Thranish Bodyguard starts thinking to herself but the very answer to that question then gets revealed by the nervous Ex-Librarian's explanatory stammered reply to Lady d'Vown. When Ama looks towards the others gathered for guidance, Xetovia calls out to the nervous Half Elven Scholar from where she is at and says, "So you weren't hired by either Suthar or Lady d'Vown then? With what you've mentioned about that...skeemah...item, you must've accompanied alongside all of the others- otherwise, those of the expedition hired by our Lady wouldn't have thought you to be with Suthar's group.", while giving something of a glance over towards Carduus' direction. "Still, if Lady d'Vown has declared that your own participation in this expedition to be enough to be rewarded, then perhaps, you could be declared as an honorary member of Lady d'Vown own assembled expedition?".

As opposed to being chosen by the likes of Suthar..., Xetovia starts thinking to herself but then suddenly remembers that Caelan, Gauntlet, Viorr, and Erix were among that group and they've all been nothing if not considerate and honorable. "...Of both parties, that is.", the Thranish Bodyguard quickly amends out loud. Taking another deep breath, Xetovia now takes a glance over to Lady d'Vown and silently prays to the Silver Flame that she didn't overstep her bounds... yet again.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

When Xetovia collects her earnings from Lady d'Vown, she will definitely offer a deep respectful curtsy with bowed head to the Lady (nearly identical to the one offered to Merrix) except that Xetovia will make her own apologies to the Lady if she had overstepped any bounds during the Festhall meeting instead of the terse reply to Merrix; Xetovia will conclude with a respect refrain of "Your Ladyship; May the Silver Flame shine its' blessings upon you and all of the divi... erm...respective Houses of Cannith." Naturally, she'll assist with escorting Lady d'Vown to the inn as a final act of being a Bodyguard.

Xetovia will, either during the Festhall meeting or during the actual escorting of Lady d'Vown, introduce herself to Carduus, Taryn, and Beylinda. She will offer condolences for Haqueton and any of the missing to those three; she'll most likely also mention about how all seven of them must've been so close, being that they all are the Heroes of Bloodcrier's Hammer and fellow veterans of the Last War. I could also just have Xetovia skip this part, maybe spread that misconception to Group 1 instead at a later point? ;)

Xetovia will, at some point, also say her own farewells to Dev Blake, Tool-Box, Caelan, Erix, Ama, and Gauntlet (she'll make sure to keep a tight rein on her left hand); Would she have to roll to remember to do so? ;) . This may depend on whether or not if they'll choose to help escort Lady d'Vown back or if any will choose an early exit like Pink-Eye and Viorr. At least, that's how I read it for the both of them...:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

Xetovia:
Beylinda will offer no more then her name, and if Xetovia tries to prob a little deeper, she can hear some hostility regarding the theocracy

651 to 700 of 703 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forgotten Forge - Eberron All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.