The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,001 to 72,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | next > last >>

Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Miss Jones wrote:
"Well, that should certainly help matters. Now we simply have to wait until he has drained off enough power," she said crisply. "I am inputting this data into his medical file. When we are done here I am planning to send Mr. Tyon to the infirmary, and the more information they have on his condition the better."
That would be all fine and well... if his power was draining off. At all. There is simply no decrease in energy in the gravity/plasma matrix, as the SIM's analytical programs tell you. Djalos could conceivably hang there for eternity and there wouldn't even be a dip in his power.

Miss Jones frowned. "Computer, check those readings again. This doesn't make any sense. He stopped once before. There has to be some way to make him stop....preferably before his body simply collapses from exhaustion and dehydration. That could take hours at minimum."

Umm....okay.....you've written me into a corner here. Not sure what I'm supposed to do now....


Male Elf Slayer 16

Sorry... Guess I didn't make it clear that this thing keeps pumping until Djalos closes his eyes.

And suddenly, it stops. Djalos falls to the floor, and despite his mentally trainwrecked condition, his instincts take over and the young elf lands on his feet.

Eyes closed, Djalos expertly picks up his blindfold and ties it around his eyes, completely shutting them to the outside world. Despite the massive...outpouring? Inpouring? Of energy, Djalos is completely unharmed. Despite this, he falls on his knees.

"It... it doesn't stop until I close my eyes," Djalos whispers, the SIMroom's microphone picking it up and amplifying it so that Archena and Miss Jones can hear.


Image
Pyry Soleil wrote:
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"Now, I'm not getting out of hear until probably tomorrow morning. This stuff isn't going to get healed with magic, so I just have to let the little machiney dealies work it. It sucks and I wish I was doing stuff right now, but it's worth it because I got to help one of my friends. Now. I'm going to be here, but you have a whole school full of new people to meet. And I want you to Go. Have. Fun."

He puts a paw on Pyry's shoulder and smiles.

"But... I don"t want to meet new people. I'd rather just have a few friends that I know, I think." He says as he looks up at the icy cat. "And I don't think we can hear the bell in here anyw-"

Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha tapped on the window of Tybalt's room. She smiled and waved so they would know that she was for sure okay now. She fiddled with the bracelet a bit. It still felt strange and uncomfortable on her wrist, but it was definitely for the best.

Pyry is cut off by the tapping and looks at his sister. Tybalt was right. He couldn't stay in here.

"Alright, but I'm coming back later with food." He gets up and hugs Tybalt before hopping off the table and going outside of the Medical Freezer.

"Hey, how are you feeling, Asha? Are you okay? We could go try and find an oven or something for you to sit against if not."

"I'm fine now. Absolutely, totally back to normal. For me. It took a long time though. They had to do some kind of scan thing and then they did it again because my results were so weird I guess. And then the nurse spent a long time talking to me about reproduction and stuff and she gave me this bracelet so I wouldn't accidentally end up pregnant." She frowned. "I hope it stays on when I accidentally go through walls and floors and stuff. Otherwise I'll just lose it and that won't be any help at all."

"You doing okay yourself? And where's Rena? She's not still upset about what happened is she? I mean, it wasn't really her fault. She just didn't know."

Liberty's Edge

Male Crossblooded(Boreal/ Elemental) Sorcerer/Artic Ley Druid 9

"I'm okay. I haven't gotten too warm since I, uh, went to the Sun. Anyway, I'm fine because its nice and freezing in there where Tybalt is."

"So what's reproduction and why do you need to wear a bracelet for it?"


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"Like I said, choosing between both of our worst fears." She chewed on her lip as she tried to think of a solution. "Okay, let's think of it another way. What if we don't look for someone, but something. There's all kinds of magical contraptions in the storerooms. Maybe we should look there. Or better yet, we can use the arrows on the walls to take us to the right place. Or we can ask for help from someone who for sure couldn't have done it. There are people who have either been cleared or just wouldn't. I mean, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Professor Sunwake. Or Miss Jones. I mean she's scary enough, but not sloppy enough, you know?"

Michael found he couldn't argue with that and nods reluctantly. "If you insist, Kitten." He says quietly, relenting. "But next time I get to win a debate, okay?"

"That's right.." Said the little voice in Michael's head. "Joke. keep it sounding lighthearted. Wouldn't want your girlfriend worried anymore than she already is.."

"I thought I told you to shut up." Michael thinks back, slamming the voice into a mental box.

She hugged him tightly. "You may still win this one if it comes down to it," she said in a small voice, "but we have to at least try to find another solution."


Image
Pyry Soleil wrote:

"I'm okay. I haven't gotten too warm since I, uh, went to the Sun. Anyway, I'm fine because its nice and freezing in there where Tybalt is."

"So what's reproduction and why do you need to wear a bracelet for it?"

"It's just a fancy word for sex," she said with a shrug. "The nurse said that if I was going to do that, and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't - it's fun; anyways, she said if I was going to do that I should use 'protection' to keep me from having a baby. That's what the bracelet is for. It has magic on it to make sure that doesn't happen. So I'd rather not lose it."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

Sorry... Guess I didn't make it clear that this thing keeps pumping until Djalos closes his eyes.

And suddenly, it stops. Djalos falls to the floor, and despite his mentally trainwrecked condition, his instincts take over and the young elf lands on his feet.

Eyes closed, Djalos expertly picks up his blindfold and ties it around his eyes, completely shutting them to the outside world. Despite the massive...outpouring? Inpouring? Of energy, Djalos is completely unharmed. Despite this, he falls on his knees.

"It... it doesn't stop until I close my eyes," Djalos whispers, the SIMroom's microphone picking it up and amplifying it so that Archena and Miss Jones can hear.

"Stay where you are, Mr. Tyon. I will come to you."

"Just to be on the safe side, you may wish to stay here, Miss Surya, although I do not believe there is any further imminent danger from Mr. Tyon at this time."

She leaves the observation room and walks over to Djalos. "With your permission, I would like to check your mind to see if this has lessened the buildup of power. If it has then I think that you should spend some time in the infirmary recuperating. You have had a difficult day, Mr. Tyon."


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16
yet nameless. wrote:

"Like... That stuff that comes off Fire, and get in your eyes."

she poitns to the sun.
"That thing makes more, thoguh."

Vickory seems puzzled, "The only thing I can tell that comes from the sun is light, but I don't see why that would seem awkward or bothersome considering that catching light is the sole and entire purpose of having eyes."


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
She hugged him tightly. "You may still win this one if it comes down to it," she said in a small voice, "but we have to at least try to find another solution."

"No," he says as he hugs her back, "I'd rather save my win for the next round of experiments and the testing needed for them."

Liberty's Edge

Male Crossblooded(Boreal/ Elemental) Sorcerer/Artic Ley Druid 9
Asha Soleil wrote:
"It's just a fancy word for sex," she said with a shrug. "The nurse said that if I was going to do that, and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't - it's fun; anyways, she said if I was going to do that I should use 'protection' to keep me from having a baby. That's what the bracelet is for. It has magic on it to make sure that doesn't happen. So I'd rather not lose it."

"That makes sense. I just found out I'm a brother, or still was a brother I guess, I don't wanna be an uncle too."

"So what's sex?"

That poor, poor nurse...


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos nods, and gets in the quintessential lotus position.

Quick Analysis for Expediency:

Although Miss Jones' psychic counseling session removed the threat of Djalos becoming a vegetable through extreme psychic pressure, the release triggered all of the, well, emotions that were pent up. Djalos is going to spend a bit of time recuperating from the experience, although it helped him overall.

The "psychic storm" is still there, however. It looks exactly like the intense graviton/plasma field that Djalos generates. It looks like the psychic pressure that Djalos was applying to keeping the energy field down ended manifesting inside his mindscape.

However, it seems that releasing the pent-up emotional energy and the massive power that Djalos has is completely separate.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
She hugged him tightly. "You may still win this one if it comes down to it," she said in a small voice, "but we have to at least try to find another solution."
"No," he says as he hugs her back, "I'd rather save my win for the next round of experiments and the testing needed for them."

She sighed. "Just promise me that you'll be careful....and make sure that there's somebody around to get help for you in case things go wrong."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
Pyry Soleil wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
"It's just a fancy word for sex," she said with a shrug. "The nurse said that if I was going to do that, and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't - it's fun; anyways, she said if I was going to do that I should use 'protection' to keep me from having a baby. That's what the bracelet is for. It has magic on it to make sure that doesn't happen. So I'd rather not lose it."

"That makes sense. I just found out I'm a brother, or still was a brother I guess, I don't wanna be an uncle too."

"So what's sex?"

That poor, poor nurse...

"Well, it's a kind of playing...without clothes on... and usually lots of kissing and stuff....and some people think you should only do that kind of thing with someone you really love, but other people think that it's okay with anybody as long as both people agree that it's okay....you know, I don't think I'm explaining this very well. Maybe we should go talk to the nurse. She had charts and diagrams and stuff. It was way easier to understand."

Yep. Crash course in sex ed part two....not how she thought she was going to be spending her day. :P


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

Djalos nods, and gets in the quintessential lotus position.

** spoiler omitted **

Miss Jones places her fingers gently on Djalos's temples.

Mindscape:

"Well, Miss Tyon, it would seem that you are no longer in danger of cooking your own mind. However, the energy itself does not seem to have dissipated much at all. Given how much of it was released, I am...concerned. I will make a note of this in your medical file. I am not sure exactly which teacher here is best suited to help you with your problem, but I do not think it will be me. This program will continue to be available here in the SIM rooms whenever you need to vent off energy in the meantime. Which will be easier to avoid if you don't try to squeeze the energy away from yourself. It can't be done. Instead of chains to bind it up, it may be helpful to visualize a tank with a pressure valve that needs to be released now and then."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Mindscape:

Djalos nods, concurring with Miss Jones' assessment. "Yes, I believe that would help." The mindscape is much different . Although the shelves of books are still there, they seem to grow up from a grassy floor, made out of naturally grown wood. The setting is fairly obviously Djalos' "happy place" that she initially showed when attempting to calm down when all hell broke loose in the mindscape.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

sorry...wasn't really sure how to respond actually

Raelle del Sol wrote:


"Okay," Raelle said, examining the new printouts, so absorbed in the work that she didn't really register the comment about being on Melody's level. She would have argued if she had heard it. After all, Melody and Arthur were geniuses. She was just good at math. Totally different thing. "Well, this at least makes more sense now. But it's still full of errors. Here, I'll show you," she said, pulling a smokestick from her belt and lighting it with a small lighter she'd taken to carrying. Since her psychic powers started she hadn't been able to reliably manage to cast Spark. Well, to be honest, it hadn't been that reliable before that, but she could do it most of the time instead of not at all.
As the smoke curled up she fashioned it into an elaborate illusion and soon numbers and mathematical symbols were swirling around Raelle and Melody in what seemed like total chaos, but was actually a carefully written equation.
"Here are the parts that are just plain wrong," she said, parts of the equation lighting up in red. "And here are the blank spots that should have something there, but don't," she added, different spots lighting up in green. "And here is your potential interference pattern," she added, a whole section at the center lighting up in blue. "Now, truthfully, with as many errors as there are in the base equation I can't actually...

Mel simply stood there watching everything. and as things were pointed out Mel face just kept getting more and more agitated. she wasn't used to have people prove her wrong.. this was something pretty new to her. she had spent most of her life being dumber than she was capable of just so she wouldn't scare people. now not only is Raelle smart, she actually found errors in Mel's work....

Inconceivable

But... she tries to interject, but Raelle simply finds more errors. but what about... finally Mel turns back to her work. I was wrong? Inconceivable


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
"Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel simply stood there watching everything. and as things were pointed out Mel face just kept getting more and more agitated. she wasn't used to have people prove her wrong.. this was something pretty new to her. she had spent most of her life being dumber than she was capable of just so she wouldn't scare people. now not only is Raelle smart, she actually found errors in Mel's work....

Inconceivable

But... she tries to interject, but Raelle simply finds more errors. but what about... finally Mel turns back to her work. I was wrong? Inconceivable

Raelle looks startled. "What? No. No, that's not what I'm saying at all...Look, even the best mathematician in the multiverse can't get the right answer from the wrong data. That's what I'm trying to tell you. There are errors in your data. Your calculations can't work until we get you the correct numbers to work with."

Raelle's new to the smart people club....she doesn't understand how the hierarchy thing works. ;P


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Mindscape:

"It is encouraging to already see signs of healing here," she said, looking around. "I think, Miss Tyon, that given time you are going to be just fine. Just remember to vent off some of that energy from time to time until it can be better understood and hopefully controlled. I will be available if you need me. But I suspect that you won't. I am going to leave now. Do you still wish for me to forget what I have seen inside your mind? If so it will be the same as the last time I asked. That information will only be available to me at such time as I am interacting with your mind like I am now. I do not mean to pester. I will always ask this question before breaking contact with your mind. I find it best to ask too often than not at all."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:

Tamrin looks up again from his datapad quizzically.

"Oh, right." he mutters to himself as he pulls something up on his screen and types quickly. "I really need a spreadsheet to keep track of all this..."

"You have to subscribe to the Circle of Usefulness mentality in this family - you may not feel like a contributor right this second, but it'll come around to you sooner than you think. Trust me," he replies with the first small chuckle he's had in a while.

"Besides, sometimes being the one looking in from the outside yields fresh perspectives on things, as Raelle just demonstrated. I think." (^-^)

Ardiente follows Tamrin's thought and glances at Raelle and she goes to work with fierce confidence. There may as well be stars in his eyes as he watches her work, and the conversation laspses for a good fifteen seconds before the young firebird replies. "Yeah... she's really something isn't she?"


Female Halfling Teenager
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Anahita's thoughtful contemplation continues while looking towards nothing in particular.

"I have only known the life devoted to the divine. While not a predetermined devotion, at least so I believe, recent events make me dwell on this further with the looming threat of ...anger, were I to find out it is one truth versus another."

Her brow furrows in thought.

"Your manner fills me with the desire to ask this. You are quite free spirited, I perceive you. I cannot help but consider everything these days, were before I would not have given too much thought on it. Would you recognize your metaphysical Heaven if you arrived? Or the opposite?"

Anahita looks over at Illithia again now, the spot that-a-way no longer holding her attention.

Illithia reclines for a brief moment, seemingly forgetting that she was seated on a bench with no back, and almost falls off. There's a brief bout of flailing to stay on the bench before she regains her balance once more. She grins a bit sheepishly, her tattoos subtly shifting to an embarrassed pink.

"I dunno, Ana, getting angry won't fix anything. Even if it's not the way you thought it was, think about this instead: I met a priest once, back before I came to Avalon, who had dedicated his life to a god of madness, pain, and evil. Nicest guy, devoted to helping and healing, so I was pretty confused. He explained that the god had once been pure and righteous, and had been corrupted. The priest dude believed that the god had taken some evil intended for Agartha onto himself to protect us." Illithia shrugs and smiles. "I guess my point is is that even the gods are only what you choose for them to be. If that priest can take something wholly evil, and find inspiration in his to help the world, then..."

She trails off, apparently losing the thread of her point. There's silence for another long moment before. "You get what I'm saying?"

"And Heaven sounds totally boring by the way. Angels are stuck-up as Hell."


Female Firebird

As Lily arrives in her appointed room, Phaezeriel's suppression effect has finally began to lift from her emotions, the fire which had been smothered by a wet blanket is still smoldering underneath...

Does any ladies want/need a roommate? XD


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang then turns to Midori and hands her the black silk wrapped item.

I know how much you cherish your weapons, they are very much a part of your culture, well at least that is the way I see it. I asked Master Hito to teach me what he knew of your culture.

he hands the present to Midori.

If and/or when she opens it. it is a beautifully crafted Ninja-to sword

it is a masterwork sword and appropriately sized for Midori

I do hope that it may never have to be used in anger.

Lang bows to Midori as he presents her the gifts.

Midori, Thank you for everything that you have done, you were there when I needed someone the most, you trusted me and I returned that trust as best I could. I am honored to call you friend.

Midori delicately takes the offered gift and slowly unfolds the silk to reveal the masterfully crafted blade, delicate etching along the blade. There's a small gasp from Midori, and she lifts the blade out from the bed of silk. She turns it this way and that, clearly testing the balance.

"It's beautiful, Lang." Midori says breathily, and her eyes are glassing over slightly as tears begin to threaten.

After a moment, she sets the sword back into the silk and wraps it with something like reverence, and then slowly bows in return to Lang. "It will never be used in anger, I promise."


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

Grim looks on in suprise and seems more than a little impressed, he then turns back to Lang and is fighting a large grin, and lang, from knowing him as well as he does can tell that he is meer moments away from jumping up and down asking about any gifts he himself is to be possibly given, though, for now at least, he maintains some semblance I composure.


Male Gnome
Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme cursed under his breath as they navigated the last couple of turns. Thankfully the kitchen had hovercarts to use to carry all this food. Unfortunately the carts had terrible steering and he was certain they were designed for the maximum number of collisions with the wall.

"I said left.....other left!" he yelled back to Repp who was helping steer the unwieldy chain of carts from the back.

Repp clenched his teeth but didn't rise to the bait. "If I go left it's just gonna hit the other wall!" he said back as calmly as he could manage - which is to say somewhat cross-sounding. "I'm about 10 seconds away from just wasting the energy and psychoporting us there!"


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Jaiye wrote:
"Ace" wrote:
Jaiye wrote:
"I think that means the killer knew that. I mean, the other victims didn't have their psyches fractured, right? Just Ginni? Yes, I know complicated words. I pay more attention in psychology class than I let on. Don't spread it around. You'll ruin my reputation," she said sarcastically. "So the question is did they know it before they attacked her or after? It makes a difference to how close the killer was able to get to her before the attack. Was it someone she knew? Or was it just someone she ran into while she was alone who found out that they'd picked their victim badly this time? Answering that question could really change the course of your investigation."
"Its OK, Jai, you're secret of being smarter than you pretend to be is safe with me." Ace says, continuing to grin. "Alright, that makes sense, any ideas how to figure that out?"
"Well, no. Honestly, I have no idea how to figure it out. Maybe go with one assumption and investigate that way and if that doesn't work try the other assumption?"

"I think it's easier to assume that this wasn't at random and go from there. If we assume it's somebody that Ginni knew, that narrows down the list significantly. If it was at random, there's no many leads with that assumption anyway."

"So, let's make a list of everyone who we know for sure Ginni is acquainted with at the school. Ace, you know her best." Tyrrin says, grabbing a pen and paper from a nearby desk and placing it in front of Ace, and sitting herself across from him.

"And... as much as I hate to say it, our names should be on the list as well. Just to be as comprehensive as possible."


narrator wrote:

Okay, let's get this scene moving again. I know that Kevin was with Vare. Am remembering correctly that Silinrul was staying with the girl and the angel? And Dave was with Vare too, right? Let me know if I have locations wrong.

As Vare was getting ready to leave the school grounds to find a suitable location, a voice came from the air near his head. "Excuse me, Professor Vare, I have a message for you from...well, it appears to be from the school, sir. It says that you should follow the arrows to Isolab 2. That you will find the secure space you need there. Also we just got a message from one of those big flying suits asking where to deliver a 'package' for you. I sent him to the underground dockng bay.That we didn't have before. Then again we didn't have Isolabs before either. So there's that. Anyhow, we have them now."

Vare blinks at the formless voice, listening intently before turning to Rena and Kevin. "Er... you heard that as well, yes?"

Rena simply replies, "yes." Her expression one of concern as she walks to take Vare's arm.

"Let us hurry then, come along." Vare says decisively, taking a few steps towards the door with Rena falling into step beside him. With a wave of his hand and a few arcane words, the components Vare had been working with to setup the room float up and follow along behind him.

Rena will access the arrows and lift Vare into her arms (a maneuver which earns a somewhat indignant squawk from the Conjuration professor), and flying as swiftly as she's able towards the Isolabs, having seen both Kevin and Dave fly on their own power.


Lily Svarog wrote:

As Lily arrives in her appointed room, Phaezeriel's suppression effect has finally began to lift from her emotions, the fire which had been smothered by a wet blanket is still smoldering underneath...

Does any ladies want/need a roommate? XD

Not that I, the player would mind, but Anahita might have been straddled with Lily for one reason or another... thought there.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple 9
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Realizing that he is still fighting on his opponent's terms, Fei ends his scrutiny and finally commits to this engagement.

His Lace immediately extinguishes all of the lights in the laboratory, plunging the room into darkness. Knowing that her draconic heritage will still allow her to see in the dark, the young monk wastes no time in trying to put her on the defensive.

With a helpful 'nudge' from the kinetic energy stored in his body (and tapping into his Champion abilities), he adjusts his grip on the table....then hefts the whole thing up and hurls it at his adversary's true position.

Attack Roll, using the Throw Anything feat, kinetic boost for leverage and Valor's Mantle to ignore Vai's concealment (as per True Strike):

1d20+45+20
Damage (utilizing Kirin Strike for extra damage, and ignoring all damage reduction): 2d8+30+20

Kinetic force damage: 1d20 = 14d6

Fei definitely can hear the resounding crack of the table connecting with his intended target, the sudden brutality and precision of the strike clearly took the Champion of Light by surprise, though she's completely silent, not even a painful whimper passing her vocal chords.

Suddenly, there's an extreme buildup of static in the room, and a bolt of lightning streaks out from the roof to strike at Fei.

Lightning Bolt (DC36 Reflex Half): 24d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2, 1, 7, 5, 3, 6, 6, 5, 1, 8, 7, 4, 3, 8, 4, 3, 7, 6, 5, 7, 6) = 116

Storm Breath lasts... 1d6 ⇒ 5 rounds.

In addition to the static energy suddenly pervading the room, Fei's sensors begin to pickup trace amount of silica appearing in the room... sand is beginning to inexplicably creep into the lab.

Vai has moved to put some cover between her and Fei for the moment.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Lang Fei wrote:

taking the items, Lang first goes to Grim. he hands him the pouch.

inside the pouch is an amulet with a small medallion inscribed with this symbol engraved on it.

Grim, I wanted to thank you for being a friend and to thank you for coming out here with me. I don't always show it, but I am grateful to and honored to call you my friend. This medallion does not contain and magical powers. but it is a symbol of our friendship. and know that you will always be welcome in any of the air temples so long as you wear this.

sorry I missed this grim blinks a few times, he was expecting something more flashy, like elemental manipulation training, or something magical or a weapon, but he could see the thought and emotion put into the gift, and he nods solomly, saying "I'll wear it proudly, as I am proud to be friends with you," and besides new bling is always good


Male Elf Slayer 16

Mindscape:

Djalos contemplates Miss Jones' question for a moment before replying. "I... I think I need some time to figure this out on my own. Know who I am without, to put it bluntly, somebody controlling every aspect of my life and mind. In short, yes, I do want you to forget for now." Djalos seems... peaceful. Not thinking and calculating the exact right thing to do or say, which is what she does normally. While this conversation happens she is picking up psychic debris from around her mind.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt hugs him back, having obviously less strength than his already not terribly impressive benchmark.

"You gotta get those friends somewhere."

He says pointedly before waving as he left with Asha.


Image
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:

Keme cursed under his breath as they navigated the last couple of turns. Thankfully the kitchen had hovercarts to use to carry all this food. Unfortunately the carts had terrible steering and he was certain they were designed for the maximum number of collisions with the wall.

"I said left.....other left!" he yelled back to Repp who was helping steer the unwieldy chain of carts from the back.

Repp clenched his teeth but didn't rise to the bait. "If I go left it's just gonna hit the other wall!" he said back as calmly as he could manage - which is to say somewhat cross-sounding. "I'm about 10 seconds away from just wasting the energy and psychoporting us there!"

"Don't bother! I'm like ten feet from the door on this end!" Keme called back, relieved to see the end in sight. Teach him to offer to be helpful. Being a selfish bastard was so much easier...lonelier, but easier.

They managed to struggle through the last few feet and he knocked on the door of the lab, waiting for someone inside to let them in.


Female Human Teenager
Illithia wrote:

Illithia reclines for a brief moment, seemingly forgetting that she was seated on a bench with no back, and almost falls off. There's a brief bout of flailing to stay on the bench before she regains her balance once more. She grins a bit sheepishly, her tattoos subtly shifting to an embarrassed pink.

"I dunno, Ana, getting angry won't fix anything. Even if it's not the way you thought it was, think about this instead: I met a priest once, back before I came to Avalon, who had dedicated his life to a god of madness, pain, and evil. Nicest guy, devoted to helping and healing, so I was pretty confused. He explained that the god had once been pure and righteous, and had been corrupted. The priest dude believed that the god had taken some evil intended for Agartha onto himself to protect us." Illithia shrugs and smiles. "I guess my point is is that even the gods are only what you choose for them to be. If that priest can take something wholly evil, and find inspiration in his to help the world, then..."

She trails off, apparently losing the thread of her point. There's silence for another long moment before. "You get what I'm saying?"

"And Heaven sounds totally boring by the way. Angels are stuck-up as Hell."

Anahita sits and listens to the advice provided by the diminutive female, along with studying her as the pink shift occurs and reverts to match appropriate to her current emotions. There's clearly curiosity at the transition of colors, and most likely interest at the underlining reasoning. Might as well put a closed box in a room with a light on it, Anahita's attention stays focused currently by the visual.

When she does speak, it's after a few moments of thought and a prolonged blink that seems to cut off the visual flow for the raven color, thick waves, haired young woman.

"My devotion is to no deity, to be clear. Though, I believe I understand the purpose of your tale and advice offered. I humbly disagree with you on that point, though. I would like to meet this priest, share of his trials and delights, to learn more of what you have shared. As for the latter question-- it was more to initiate an abstract conversation of whether or not you actually would recognize another plane, while still alive. I often wonder if the bounds of mortality limit perceptions. I do not believe they do, so it amazes me when I meet people who appear to be limited. Imagine for a moment, anywhere you do look, you did perceive your plane of eternal rest."

She looks off at this point, gazing out towards the forest and space beyond the window.

"I often wonder if others see things as I do. Beyond the obvious of others not having my eyes and spark, to interpret the sight I behold, imagine being able to see and speak of such, without the hinderance of language as a barrier."

Deep thoughts after eating sushi, clearly. Lunch time conversations for deep thinkers is best, it would appear, with this desert clad beauty.

"Such... marvels." She then shuts her eyes and seems to 'hear' sounds that aren't there once more.

Her dark gaze returns once again to Illithia, focused on her face once more with a smile.


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

Hermes answers the door like the butler he is.

"Hello. How may I help you?"


Image
Vare, the Summoner wrote:
narrator wrote:

Okay, let's get this scene moving again. I know that Kevin was with Vare. Am remembering correctly that Silinrul was staying with the girl and the angel? And Dave was with Vare too, right? Let me know if I have locations wrong.

As Vare was getting ready to leave the school grounds to find a suitable location, a voice came from the air near his head. "Excuse me, Professor Vare, I have a message for you from...well, it appears to be from the school, sir. It says that you should follow the arrows to Isolab 2. That you will find the secure space you need there. Also we just got a message from one of those big flying suits asking where to deliver a 'package' for you. I sent him to the underground dockng bay.That we didn't have before. Then again we didn't have Isolabs before either. So there's that. Anyhow, we have them now."

Vare blinks at the formless voice, listening intently before turning to Rena and Kevin. "Er... you heard that as well, yes?"

Rena simply replies, "yes." Her expression one of concern as she walks to take Vare's arm.

"Let us hurry then, come along." Vare says decisively, taking a few steps towards the door with Rena falling into step beside him. With a wave of his hand and a few arcane words, the components Vare had been working with to setup the room float up and follow along behind him.

Rena will access the arrows and lift Vare into her arms (a maneuver which earns a somewhat indignant squawk from the Conjuration professor), and flying as swiftly as she's able towards the Isolabs, having seen both Kevin and Dave fly on their own power.

The arrows will lead the group to a small door in an out of the way hallway. Through that door is a narrow corridor. This corridor eventually opens up to a gigantic room with an almost equally gigantic robot suit parked in the middle of it. There is a sort of platform extending into the hangar, the floor of which is about even with the mech's chest, and a long walkway connects the mech and the platform. Near the edge of the platform they can see that the feet of the mech are an awfully long way down from here. Standing on the platform next to a large pod of some sort of dull, opaque material is Jeran wearing an orange flight suit, helmet in hand. "Hey, I was starting to wonder if you guys were even coming. I need a hand here to help me get this pod to the Isolab. It's not so much that it's heavy as that we need to have more than one pair of eyes on this thing to make sure it's maintaining structural integrity. We don't want him breaking loose before we get him safely into the Isolab."


Image
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

Hermes answers the door like the butler he is.

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"Hey, we're back with lunch. I'm guessing Professor Sunwake is really gonna be happy to see this....Ummm.....think you could lend a hand with getting this mess into the room? It's kinda hard to steer."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Ugh. More running. Why is everyone in this school always running. We should just install moving hallways..."

Kevin grumbles as he picks up the large keg of water and starts following.

He starts out with the jog that Rena starts with.

When she starts flying he tries as well.

His wings fold out, nearly touching both walls. He tries to steer, but the large keg's lack of balance pulls him left and then right, squishing his wings against the walls and forcing him to land.

"How am I?! Just. Ugh!"

He stammers as the gap between him and the group widens.

"I could... no. Or. No... Maybe..."

He lifts the keg up above him. At first it seems like he was just going to carry it overhead, but instead his jaws stretch over it and it falls down his throat and into his midsection. Now with the keg in his center of gravity he takes back into the air and follows Rena to the new room.


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

"Yes, Sir."

Hermes begins taking the carts in and steering them to a slightly more empty part of the room.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace nods in agreement with Ty "You're right, every possible suspect needs to be on the list. I'm still not sure this person knew of Ginni or not, but if we can eliminate those people, that does narrow down our possibilities." He starts to pace his room "The three of us. Tamina, Morrivan, Raelle, Melody. Those are people she's friends with that I can think of off the top of my head. Repp, David, Tybalt are all at least acquainted with her."


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Archena is sitting in the corner of the safe room fiddling with her necklace.

At least when he was destroying stuff it was interesting. Just sitting there and doing brain stuff is boring...


For those present in the Mech chamber, etc. Please let me know of any super senses/spells/etc. relating specifically to awareness, or perception when you post next. Thanks!


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Sil manages a small smile for the angel, "Outside is definitely where I am at peace and ease"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin has vibration based blind sense. Also has regular vision.

When they arrive in the room, Kevin goes in for a landing.

His feet touch the ground and he seems about to stop, but the heavy keg inside seems to have other plans as it keeps moving with the momentum.

"No grip!"

He tries to stop, but it simply pulls him forward, and he crashes into the wall.

"Ow. Stupid thing..."

He literally peels himself off the wall and shakes his head as everything shifts back into the right places.

"Sorry. Ok. Um. Moving him. I can, like, feel the area around me, do I can sense like where he is in there and if it's going to break somewhere. You've gotta let me see you fly that thing some time, by the way."


Kevin Ramos wrote:
Kevin has vibration based blind sense. Also has regular vision.

Could you give me some range on that blind sense, and level of detail it provides? Or link to the ability? That'll help. Don't want to over describe or assume.

Silinrul wrote:
Sil manages a small smile for the angel, "Outside is definitely where I am at peace and ease"

Avalon Academy: Garden area near school

Motioning in the direction closest to the outdoors, the angelic being says, "Then let us find a place where you are at both."

Assuming they walk along and then outside, there's a quiet little grove or the like, with the building still in sight, that seems as good a spot as any- unless deeper woods are desired.

"I presume, though correct me if wrong, this will suffice." The Angel of Guests offers as they walk into the area.

"Do you know the Hero well? Or recently acquainted?" Once they do arrive, he sets the Chosen One nearby and smiles warmly at her. With a glance up into the Angelic being's eyes, she smiles warmly, and then looks around at the grass and such, seemingly content to sit nearby and play with her imagination.

It would be apparent that the Angel's attention is split between her and Silinrul.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

When Melody has her small breakdown on being wrong, Arthur has to visibly restrain himself from bursting out laughing, but within miniutes is back to work, fully engrossed to his work.
From experience Hermes knows that he will have to be forcibly reminded of the food and that he needs sustinance. Sometimes multiple reminders are required.


Image

Jeran has Scent, but that's the only special ability related to perception.

Jeran grinned. "No problem there. I go up for patrols every day. But I usually take off from the facility by the factories. So it'll be a bit of a hike to get there."

When he put his hands against the orb, it floated just a little off the ground and he pushed it in front of him. "You can take the other side, Kevin. This thing has terrible steering. It was never really intended to be moved by hand in the first place."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Almost immediately upon stepping outside, the Angel notices a change come over Silinrul. He breathes in the outdoor air, and smiles "I'm not sure I can ever truly get used to being inside any building for too long, let alone this school."

When they enter the little grove, he whispers a few words in Druidic and a few butterflies lazily fly in and circle the Chosen One.

"If by Hero, you mean Jeran, then he is a recent acquaintance as I only just arrived at the school yesterday morning"


Silinrul wrote:

Almost immediately upon stepping outside, the Angel notices a change come over Silinrul. He breathes in the outdoor air, and smiles "I'm not sure I can ever truly get used to being inside any building for too long, let alone this school."

When they enter the little grove, he whispers a few words in Druidic and a few butterflies lazily fly in and circle the Chosen One.

"If by Hero, you mean Jeran, then he is a recent acquaintance as I only just arrived at the school yesterday morning"

Avalon Academy: Garden area near School

At first, there was grass and some small rocks to play with-- even a twig, but then, suddenly, looking up, the Chosen One sees fluttering butterflies here and there, which for her, is better than the best experience ever. Enraptured, she sits and adopts a state that might result in drool (thankfully doesn't) watching the colors and motion.

Still looking Silinrul's way, the androgynous angelic being, who seems to lean more in the direction that is best accepted by Silinrul's preference, says, "Yes. He is called a Hero by myself, for his selfless acts, thus far. It is not often that I have been present to such found within mortals. I admire and am moved by such, thus my being here at his side in this conflict."

Looking at the butterflies and the Chosen One, the Angel smiles and adds, "Children do love the simplest of things- a refreshing reminder of beauty."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave opens his mouth to offer to help the goo man when he envelops the barrel "ah you know what, never mind, you got this" he says before flying off where they were to meet up


male human monk 16
Grim Jr. wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

taking the items, Lang first goes to Grim. he hands him the pouch.

inside the pouch is an amulet with a small medallion inscribed with this symbol engraved on it.

Grim, I wanted to thank you for being a friend and to thank you for coming out here with me. I don't always show it, but I am grateful to and honored to call you my friend. This medallion does not contain and magical powers. but it is a symbol of our friendship. and know that you will always be welcome in any of the air temples so long as you wear this.

sorry I missed this grim blinks a few times, he was expecting something more flashy, like elemental manipulation training, or something magical or a weapon, but he could see the thought and emotion put into the gift, and he nods solomly, saying "I'll wear it proudly, as I am proud to be friends with you," and besides new bling is always good

Lang whispers to Grim sorry I didn't find something fancier, its just that scythe you have is pretty awesome, and I couldn't find anything to compare.

72,001 to 72,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.