The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,101 to 72,150 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | next > last >>

Male Gnome
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Hmmph. I do have some self control, you know" she muttered, moving to the next cart and inhaling the food it contained.

With the carts finally brought into the lab space, Repp finally seems to relax, moving a bit off to the side and looking around the room with a casual demeanor, obviously curious.

Tamrin ONLY!!!:

I knew you were going to read this. Dalesman I PM'd you. ;P


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

"Thanks," he said, taking hold of the front of the pod and walking backwards towards the hallway. "This seems to be a pretty isolated addition to the school, so it shouldn't be too hard to find Isolab 2. But I think it's probably going to be a longer walk than we'd like."

"Hey, my mech is supposed to be running diagnostics and isn't.....I think its systems might be compromised. Watch out for any other tech acting funny down here. Something doesn't smell right," he said, frowning.

Mech Hanger

It's mostly ...silent, down here. But, perhaps for dramatic effect, perhaps for no other reason than the mere timing of events, upon the stating of 'right', noises that should not be normally possible are heard within the hanger-- still wrapped in the dimmer illumination.

The Mech, lurches. For those that can see it in the distance from where they are standing, one hand rises up and twists, as if 'feeling' how the hand works. The mannerism is nearly a living motion, and should not be related to any sort of robotic thing without a sentience.

A series of lights and the sound of it's power source attempting to power on, though not, follow-- just once.

Jeran's suit responds, via the audio link, "Such ... delicious toys ..." It's in the voice of his Virtual Intelligence, however, the VI never said anything quite so devious in that tone, or manner.

In the dim lighting, seeing the 'head' of the Mech, one might swear it's adopted a sinister smile.


Female Halfling Teenager
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Anahita sits and listens to the advice provided by the diminutive female, along with studying her as the pink shift occurs and reverts to match appropriate to her current emotions. There's clearly curiosity at the transition of colors, and most likely interest at the underlining reasoning. Might as well put a closed box in a room with a light on it, Anahita's attention stays focused currently by the visual.

When she does speak, it's after a few moments of thought and a prolonged blink that seems to cut off the visual flow for the raven color, thick waves, haired young woman.

"My devotion is to no deity, to be clear. Though, I believe I understand the purpose of your tale and advice offered. I humbly disagree with you on that point, though. I would like to meet this priest, share of his trials and delights, to learn more of what you have shared. As for the latter question-- it was more to initiate an abstract conversation of whether or not you actually would recognize another plane, while still alive. I often wonder if the bounds of mortality limit perceptions. I do not believe they do, so it amazes me when I meet people who appear to be limited. Imagine for a moment, anywhere you do look, you did perceive your plane of eternal rest."

She looks off at this point, gazing out towards the forest and space beyond the window.

"I often wonder if others see things as I do. Beyond the obvious of others not having my eyes and spark, to interpret the sight I behold, imagine being able to see and speak of such, without the hinderance of language as a barrier."

Deep thoughts after eating sushi, clearly. Lunch time conversations for deep thinkers is best, it would appear, with this desert clad beauty.

"Such... marvels." She then shuts her eyes and seems to 'hear' sounds that aren't there once more.

Her dark gaze returns once again to Illithia, focused on her face once more with a smile.

Illithia frowns for a moment, then shrugs again, her happy-go-lucky attitude seemingly unruffled by the deep and focused manner of her companion. "Heh, I think you've lost me a bit there. Like, I've seen other Planes, at least a few times, but I can't help but think that's not really what you're talking about, huh?"

"I guess it depends on how you wanna define things." Illithia once again leans back on the bench, though this time not far enough to tempt falling over. "But I'm getting way over my head with this stuff. I stayed out of the philosophy classes for a reason. Makes my brain hurt."


Female Human Teenager
Illithia wrote:

Illithia frowns for a moment, then shrugs again, her happy-go-lucky attitude seemingly unruffled by the deep and focused manner of her companion. "Heh, I think you've lost me a bit there. Like, I've seen other Planes, at least a few times, but I can't help but think that's not really what you're talking about, huh?"

"I guess it depends on how you wanna define things." Illithia once again leans back on the bench, though this time not far enough to tempt falling over. "But I'm getting way over my head with this stuff. I stayed out of the philosophy classes for a reason. Makes my brain hurt."

Anahita looks to say something, then shuts her mouth after a moment, a slight flurry of emotion behind the expression of the dark skinned Keleshite.

"I apologize for pursuing the topics. I will refrain in the future. Do you have plans for this evening?"

She looks down at her empty tray and plate of sushi, then back up. Any indication of hearing voices and such elsewhere non-existent at this time.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Ah crap baskets..." Dave says before lighting himself on fire.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
::Of course:: he smiles, shifting into a mole. He waddles over to her and starts to climb up, unless she sits. ::Hugs can be the best medicine sometimes...::

Nala kneels on the floor and hugs him, burying her face against his soft fur. It always amazed her just how soft it was. Softer than velvet. She tried to focus her mind, to shut out all thoughts that weren't here and now. The snow started to slow as she calmed down, eventually stopping. The classroom was still full of ice and drifts of snow, and frost covered the windows, but at least it was progress.


Image

Jeran's eyes widen and he looks truly scared.

"Dave! Take the pod! You and Kevin get the pod into the Isolab as fast as you can. Seal all the doors behind you and hope that it's enough. You, too," he continued pointing to Rena. "Make sure you get yourself and the professor there as fast as you can. Try to get Tryko'Sam back to normal. We'll need the reinforcements."

"I'll keep it occupied so you can escape. I know all of its weak points and there aren't many. Go on! Hurry!"

"School, if you really are sentient, seal off this hangar now before that thing can get out and destroy everything," he muttered, as he ran back towards the hangar to buy time for the others to escape.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Fine, I'll be back!" He shouts and pushes the cart with all of his prodigious strength, and beating his large wings to push himself foward


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin starts to run/fly after Dave, but he stops for a moment to hand Jeran a glass vial of green substance. Even the seal is glass, to keep it from eating through.

"Here. This'll eat through any metal. Just be sure to chuck it as far from you as you can. It'll dry out in under three minutes."

Verdurous Ooze with Bottled Ooze discovery. Lasts 16 rounds. Not under anyone's control.

With that, he runs after Dave.

"We've got to get through this quickly."

He'll help with the pod, if he won't slow Dave down.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16
yet nameless. wrote:

"I just fell here today. Everything is so odd. Fire also makes this horrible thing when you get close to it. But it's everywhere too... Just worse near fire..."
she pauses a moment.
"I don't know where I am from. It's... Difrrent. Everything there was so much more interesting and colorful. This place... Leaves this horrible feeling in my eyes, and a sensation just as horrid on my flesh. It seems so... Repetative in it's colors, too. The only parts that look kinda like home are behind some of these... Tree things."
she points to a shadow.
"Like there. Thoguh, there has been nowhere that gave me relief from this horrid sensation on my flesh... And even my flesh is different."

Vickory looks thoughtful, "So you come from someplace cold and dark with the ability to see more forms of light. I don't know where you came from, but the school supposedly has all kinds of books. You might find a way home there. As for interesting things, here, the interesting things are the events, strange people, and other subtleties not immediately apparent. Just need to look closer, figuratively speaking. Besides, not all the places around here look like this."

The fire seems to be much smaller now and much of it is going out just from the rain.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

"What's cold? Or dark? And I hope that not everywhere looks like this. That would be... Really dull."


Male Elf Slayer 16
The Doomkitten wrote:
The nurse looks at Archena strangely. "Well... are you a friend of the patient? If so, you should probably stay with him..." the nurse says tentatively.

Repost.


male human monk 16
Sara and Bee wrote:

"I love the babies, but I'm not sure what to do. I can feel a fuzzy, but I don't know what it means."

Lang can also 'feel a fuzzy,' but he does know what it means. He can sense a bond somewhere in the other plane he can enter. A slight twinge that says there's something to be seen.

Once the others have left Lang turns to Sara.

He takes a seat on the ledge around one of the owl bathing areas, motioning for Sara to sit next to him.

Sara, tell me more about this fuzzy you are feeling.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16
yet nameless. wrote:
"What's cold? Or dark? And I hope that not everywhere looks like this. That would be... Really dull."

"You must be really young if you don't understand these basic words. How much schooling have you had so far?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:
"What's cold? Or dark? And I hope that not everywhere looks like this. That would be... Really dull."
"You must be really young if you don't understand these basic words. How much schooling have you had so far?"

"School?"


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Archena sits heavily in a chair in the room, not entirely sure what to do now that she's here.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Wow, you're practically a baby. School is when you learn things from other people that know more than you."


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:
Archena sits heavily in a chair in the room, not entirely sure what to do now that she's here.

An elf passing by paused at the sight of the confused looking girl. She peeked her head into the room, brushing her long, dark hair away from her face.

"Hey, you want some coffee or something?"


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin starts to run/fly after Dave, but he stops for a moment to hand Jeran a glass vial of green substance. Even the seal is glass, to keep it from eating through.

"Here. This'll eat through any metal. Just be sure to chuck it as far from you as you can. It'll dry out in under three minutes."

Verdurous Ooze with Bottled Ooze discovery. Lasts 16 rounds. Not under anyone's control.

With that, he runs after Dave.

"We've got to get through this quickly."

He'll help with the pod, if he won't slow Dave down.

"Thanks," he said, before running back into the hangar, the brand new blast doors slamming shut behind him.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
"Wow, you're practically a baby. School is when you learn things from other people that know more than you."

"So... Like now? I think I know what a baby is. Is that like somone who fell in recently? They seem to find my home as odd as I find yours. Doesn't last long thugh. They adapt rather quickly. Physically and mentally."


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Fell in? No, I'm not sure what you mean by 'fell in,' but a baby is a new creature that has not existed very long, how long depends on the type of creature, but smarter creatures tend to be considered babies longer. You don't know a lot of things that children should know, but you know at least a little speech, so you seem to be between a baby and a child."

By now the fire nearly dead.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:

"Fell in? No, I'm not sure what you mean by 'fell in,' but a baby is a new creature that has not existed very long, how long depends on the type of creature, but smarter creatures tend to be considered babies longer. You don't know a lot of things that children should know, but you know at least a little speech, so you seem to be between a baby and a child."

By now the fire nearly dead.

"People fall in. They look... Kidna like I think I look now. The don't stay like that for very long, though. Or any time. It's... (word lacks translation). Most of these things you have been describing I've never ran into. This dark thing, this heat thing, this light thing... All new. But I'm far from young. And far from old."


Figment Narrator 20
Vickory West wrote:
"Wow, you're practically a baby. School is when you learn things from other people that know more than you."

he snorts "rude much?"


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory ignores the comment on rudeness.

"There is always light or dark, sometimes somewhere in between, but they will always exist. Same with heat. Folks may not always perceive them, but they are always there. You understand your ability to see well enough to know what you are seeing, the trees, ground, a stick, etc, so thus there is no reason for you to not have an understanding of darkness unless you are too young to have connected the concept to a word. If were in a place where the lights never went out, you'd still know a shadow, and if you were in a place that was always dark, you wouldn't know what it meant to see things, you'd have no concept of what you were seeing as being objects to be manipulated. There are many types of senses, but they don't cross. Experience in one is never applicable to another. So, you have demonstrated already a familiarity with eyes and sight, but claim to be unfamiliar with basic and neccasary concepts of seeing, such as darkness, then point to darkness as something that looks like your home. So either you're lying, or you are a child that hasn't learned the words for concepts that are inherent in the ability to see. Even closing your eyes presents the concept of darkness. Heat is more subtle and may go unnoticed in environments with a stable and consistant temperature, particularly for cold blooded creatures, but it was still there and any decent studies into the world would require an understanding of heat, another indicator of a lack of schooling. As for your age, considering yourself as not young, doesn't mean anyone else would share that opinion. Even I sometimes forget how young I am, particularly when dealing with children from other places who have very slow schooling." Vickory seems more suspicious of the girl than anything else, and speaks as though explaining something very simple. Not intending rudeness, but that doesn't mean it won't be taken that way. The last does not seem directed at the girl she's actually refering to children she has met from traders or villiages she has passed through.


Figment Narrator 20

"Suck simpleminded assumptions, believing that because something is all you have seen or heard, it is all that is."


Lysander faces a moment of indecision, but knew what he had to do. Putting on the necklace he absorbed the power of Time again, feeling that intoxicating rush, and became the Wanu-Caluht Cmyoan once again. This might have been what Chronos wanted, but he didn't care. He had power again, and this time he wouldn't stop and throw it away!

Lysander collapses into a blaze of white flame that spreads like sand before disappearing...

Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

She could see the oasis in the distance, but she knew that she would never be able to reach it. Not the way things were now. The rules had changed.

"Come on, Lysander, find me already!" she yelled, frustrated.

"You are so impatient," the hooded figure said, popping out from nowhere once again.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, goody, you're back. I do so love these little chats," she said sarcastically. "And in case you forgot....again....I am only 27. Of course I'm not going to be as patient as people who have been alive or centuries."

The figure chuckled. "Yes, it is easy to lose track. You've always been so precocious. Which is why you need to stay here and wait. It's better that you're out of the way just now. Believe it or not, I don't want to hurt you. But I have plans, and this time you will not interfere."

...before appearing next to the trapped Ephebe in a similar fashion. "Never thought I'd see my old prison again. The Sands were my little invention... Anyway, time to get you out of here, one way or the other!"

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur seems to have not noticed arrival of food, or anything outside his simulations and designs, he has his earphones blaring something loud and fast paced. Hermes you know that when he gets wrapped up in a project that unless some measure of force is applied he'd likely work until he passed out from exhaustion or hunger.

if raelle (or anyone else really) checks his work:

Several of the designs are running off the faulty data given by Melody, but some of them, particularially those he was working on when he began causing the nanites to self destruct... Look like they would work pretty well


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Suck simpleminded assumptions, believing that because something is all you have seen or heard, it is all that is."

"Either you have light, or you don't, and if you don't, it is called dark. By definition every possibility is accounted for. It's called logic, either you have something, or you don't have it. It is not dictated by laws of the universe, it is inherent, just like math, two plus three by any other names in any other universe will always equal five. She knows what her home 'looks' like, that means she is familiar with having the sense of sight, and having that sense at her home. She is also able to look at a stick with the understanding that she is looking at an object that can be picked up and manipulated. These are facts, not assumptions." She seems to think you are rather stupid for not seeing the logic in her statement.


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

Jeran's eyes widen and he looks truly scared.

"Dave! Take the pod! You and Kevin get the pod into the Isolab as fast as you can. Seal all the doors behind you and hope that it's enough. You, too," he continued pointing to Rena. "Make sure you get yourself and the professor there as fast as you can. Try to get Tryko'Sam back to normal. We'll need the reinforcements."

"I'll keep it occupied so you can escape. I know all of its weak points and there aren't many. Go on! Hurry!"

"School, if you really are sentient, seal off this hangar now before that thing can get out and destroy everything," he muttered, as he ran back towards the hangar to buy time for the others to escape.

Red lights begin to flash and massive lights overhead illuminate the entire hangar as the heavy doors slam shut after the group leaves. Kevin Dave, Rena, and Vare might notice that as they leave, it isn't just doors closing, but the hallway actually dissapears, severing the hangar from the main body of the school.

In the hangar, sigils appear on the floor walls and cieling. The hangar is now sealed by ghost touch, reinforced walls, and wards preventing teleportation.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman shakes her head.
"I'm not sure you get it. I don't really think, the longer I'm here, the two places are even comparable. The longer I'm here, the more this place seems somewhat familair... But still alien in every way. You're looking for an explanation that probobly doesn't exist. There is no such thing as light or dark, where I come from. Just color. Lightless color."
she pauses a short moment.
"Not sure how to explain it. Your preception is tied to this location, and this location seems... Very solid. Well defined. I can touch everything, and it can touch me. Actions have a clear order in witch they happen. This place is nothing like my home."


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"Is that allowed? That stuff got people at my parent's parties pretty messed up..."

She pulls her arms together, holding them at the elbow under her upper assets.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:

Lysander faces a moment of indecision, but knew what he had to do. Putting on the necklace he absorbed the power of Time again, feeling that intoxicating rush, and became the Wanu-Caluht Cmyoan once again. This might have been what Chronos wanted, but he didn't care. He had power again, and this time he wouldn't stop and throw it away!

Lysander collapses into a blaze of white flame that spreads like sand before disappearing...

Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

She could see the oasis in the distance, but she knew that she would never be able to reach it. Not the way things were now. The rules had changed.

"Come on, Lysander, find me already!" she yelled, frustrated.

"You are so impatient," the hooded figure said, popping out from nowhere once again.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, goody, you're back. I do so love these little chats," she said sarcastically. "And in case you forgot....again....I am only 27. Of course I'm not going to be as patient as people who have been alive or centuries."

The figure chuckled. "Yes, it is easy to lose track. You've always been so precocious. Which is why you need to stay here and wait. It's better that you're out of the way just now. Believe it or not, I don't want to hurt you. But I have plans, and this time you will not interfere."

...before appearing next to the trapped Ephebe in a similar fashion. "Never thought I'd see my old prison again. The Sands were my little invention... Anyway, time to get you out of here, one way or the other!"

"Lysander! I am so glad to see you," she said, relieved.

"No!" the hooded figure commanded in a booming voice. "You must not remove her from this place! I am trying to keep her safe," he added, sounding annoyed.

"For once I actually believe you," she said quietly. "But it's too late for that. Lysander, please, help me get out of here....just not back to anywhere near the school. It's important. I'll explain everything later, I promise."


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:

"Is that allowed? That stuff got people at my parent's parties pretty messed up..."

She pulls her arms together, holding them at the elbow under her upper assets.

"Oh!" She looked a bit embarrassed. "You're a firebird! I should have realized. Sorry about that. No, coffee would definitely be a bad idea. It could make you pretty sick," she admitted sheepishly. "Umm.....how about a cup of hot paraffin instead?"


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

Raelle was distracted from her discussion with Melody when Keme brought a tray of food for Melody over. He apologized that there wasn't any for her, but she assured him that she'd already eaten.

She noticed the halfling helping serve the food and frowned. She knew him, but right this second she was blanking on his name. And something was...off.
"Ummm.....I think you might need to get checked out at the infimary or something," she said to Repp, frowning slightly. "There's something....not quite.....with your head.....the pattern is off. Maybe a new ability or something? I don't know. I'm not as good at figuring out what's wrong when it's a person whose pattern isn't quite right. Just....you should get checked anyways to be safe."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel was rather absorbed with her work constantly muttering about being wrong... she was sure she had it all figured out.

going over things again and again. she starts babbling in some weird language and starts making all sorts of new calculations the symbols foreign, the formula seemingly impossible.

Raelle is probably the only one with the mathematical comprehension to figure out Galifereian math.

she seems so absorbed she does not even acknowledge the food.


Figment Narrator 20

At this point he actually turns to face her so he can condescend down at her properly "see therein lies your problem, you use logic, a poor man's substitute for actual thought, see logic has the inherit weakness that it is limited to that which is already known, your premis that light must be there for you to see color for example could be disproven by even the lowest of fiends, likewise on some of the psychic planes favored by ilithids, and don't get me started on the borders of reality beyond the astral plane, or the first world of the fey, there is more out there than that which is known and familiar"


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"The definition of color is light of a particular frequency or combination of frequencies. You can't have light of a particular frequency without actual light, and you are confusing logic with rational. Logic isn't about what you know, it is about thinking in terms that are objective and unclouded by subjective beliefs and perceptions. Math is a constant and doesn't change based on beliefs, perceptions, or laws of physics. Logic is the same way, it doesn't change based on perceptions, beliefs, physics, or anything else. Not all creatures see the same frequencies of light, fiends still see with light, they just can see low frequencies that most creatures can't perceive, but it is still light! Maybe you should learn what things actually are before dismissing them." she speaks with absolute confidence, of course, she served and studied under a goddess with knowledge as a domain, and given that she thinks in objective terms and minimizes her assumptions, you're not likely to change her mind.


Figment Narrator 20

"No they don't need to use light to see. Trust me on this I know"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
"The definition of color is light of a particular frequency or combination of frequencies. You can't have light of a particular frequency without actual light, and you are confusing logic with rational. Logic isn't about what you know, it is about thinking in terms that are objective and unclouded by subjective beliefs and perceptions. Math is a constant and doesn't change based on beliefs, perceptions, or laws of physics. Logic is the same way, it doesn't change based on perceptions, beliefs, physics, or anything else. Not all creatures see the same frequencies of light, fiends still see with light, they just can see low frequencies that most creatures can't perceive, but it is still light! Maybe you should learn what things actually are before dismissing them." she speaks with absolute confidence, of course, she served and studied under a goddess with knowledge as a domain, and given that she thinks in objective terms and minimizes her assumptions, you're not likely to change her mind.

"And i gaurentee you there was none of this where I'm from. Unless you've been there, you can't understand, I don't think. The place is entirely unlike anywhere else. For example, here, when you move foreward, you go foreward. Where I come from, "foreward" doesn't really exist. Directions don't work. Everything happens at the same time, and not at all."

funny, the longer she talks, the more she seems to know.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Fiends see light in the ten micrometer range, which is deep in the infrared zone, thus their ability to see in darkness and even darkness spells which rarely affect light in that range. Many peoples are not advanced enough to know what light is, so they assume that only the light they can see exists, but some of us know more about light, including that most light can't be seen. We had to learn all about various perception abilities, and that meant learning how perception works, and what perception uses, and thus how to defeat those perceptions."

She turns to the girl and calmly, "Not everywhere has gravity, and it is that which gives you 'forward' which it is interesting that you know the concept. In fact go 'up' for about 30 miles and you would no longer have 'forward' in this reality. That is not a strange or unusual concept. Honestly, how you describe your home seems very much like the shadow realm, a place where light sources are not generally seen, and shapes are constantly changing. I've been there, it is very interesting. Still has gravity, so it likely isn't the exact place you are from, but your descriptions aren't exactly outlandish. You just don't seem to understand what light is or isn't. This that you see isn't all there is to light. Many other beings can see light that remains invisible to most creatures including myself. I can see six different ranges of light from 390 to 5000 nanometers. Most umans, which is what you appear to be, can only see between 390 to 700 nanometers. The shift in sight can make everything look weird. I was transformed into an elf once, and everything looked drained of color, just like you described. Where you come from probably is filled with shadow, which would make light seem to have no source, you wouldn't see a giant ball of fire in the sky, or the bright blaze of a forest fire, because shadow absorbs bright light and releases it gently in lower ranges. And regardless of how accurate that is regarding your home, since darkness is defined as the lack of light, you either have light, or you have darkness. You can't be without both, since dark is any possible circumstance where there is no light. Sight is when light hits you and gets noticed as a perception. It is rather unlike any other senses, yet you act as if you have always had it. If you have changed form, most likely you have just never seen light in this fashion before, that doesn't mean you didn't have light where you come from."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace nods at what Jai says "Totally forgot about Vai. Crazy last few days I guess. OK, so her and Sadie. Tami's involved with Melody's brother, whose name I am drawing a blank on. Can't remember if Ace knows about Rae and Ardiente. I'll try and get attendance records, though that might be tricky" He pauses, thinking about how to do just that "Wait a sec, Ty, aren't you like school president or something? Maybe you can have an easier time getting access to the lists of students in Ginni's classes"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman pauses.
"I can't really argue, mostly becuase I don't know what you just said. But then explain to me why everything here happens in a set order. Now, this is an oversimplification, but when you put out the fire- why was it not already out when you got here? As you put it out, it shouldn't be, yet it is. Things aren't supposed to last beyond stopping."


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Simple, a fire is a set of complex interactions that depend on a stable set of physics. Physics is the rules that are how a particular world works. Some worlds have different rules for how things interact, and some places have rules that are constantly changing, such as a plane of chaos. In places like that, there are very few reliable interactions, thus fires would start and go out seemingly at random, or due to things that shouldn't have that effect."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

The young shaman smiles "I figured the butterflies would not only keep her happy, but also distract her while not being a danger. As for Jeran, I barely know him, but he is somewhat close to my sister. She respects him, so that's good enough, for now"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

"I mean, the fire should never have been there once you put it out. How come it was still there? Well. At least, that's often how it works. Soemtimes, things that end don't end, or it exists as both ended and not at the same time."


Ephebe wrote:

"Lysander! I am so glad to see you," she said, relieved.

"No!" the hooded figure commanded in a booming voice. "You must not remove her from this place! I am trying to keep her safe," he added, sounding annoyed.

"For once I actually believe you," she said quietly. "But it's too late for that. Lysander, please, help me get out of here....just not...

"Your version of 'safe' was trying to get me to commit fratricide, you glorified clock." Lysander says coldly to the Patron as he walked around the Hourglass. He touched it one, reverently, then sighed as it shattered and the Sands fell out with Ephebe. "anywhere, hatchling?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Lysander Sandwalker wrote:
Ephebe wrote:

"Lysander! I am so glad to see you," she said, relieved.

"No!" the hooded figure commanded in a booming voice. "You must not remove her from this place! I am trying to keep her safe," he added, sounding annoyed.

"For once I actually believe you," she said quietly. "But it's too late for that. Lysander, please, help me get out of here....just not...

"Your version of 'safe' was trying to get me to commit fratricide, you glorified clock." Lysander says coldly to the Patron as he walked around the Hourglass. He touched it one, reverently, then sighed as it shattered and the Sands fell out with Ephebe. "anywhere, hatchling?"

"Anywhere, so long as it's far away from Avalon," she eagerly agreed.


Lysander takes her hand and smiles.

"Try not to follow, Chronos. You won't like where I'm going." He tells the Patron before he and Ephebe are engulfed in sand and disappear.

The next thing Ephebe knows she's standing in an oasis, not far from a single log stuck upright in the ground like a marker.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"That'd be nice. Thanks... uh. Should I come with you or stay here?"

She doesn't seem to be up on social conventions. Definitely a new firebird.


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

"Ms. Waverider. Sir. You are both operating under conditions that are not conducive to your respictive health or to viable research results. It is within my protective subproccess to offer you this warning and one proceeding warning in ten minutes before I will be required to take action for the sake of your health."

Hermes sets a polite hand on Melody and Arthur's shoulder before administering a speech Arthur has heard many times before.

72,101 to 72,150 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.