The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,051 to 72,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | next > last >>

male human monk 16

lang simply smiles knowing Midori liked her gift. he didn't say anything to spoil that.

after a few minutes of conversing lang turns to Sun, Sun, could you please take Grim and Midori to the ceremonial hall, I need to talk to Sara about something.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Vai Emkar wrote:

Fei definitely can hear the resounding crack of the table connecting with his intended target, the sudden brutality and precision of the strike clearly took the Champion of Light by surprise, though she's completely silent, not even a painful whimper passing her vocal chords.

Suddenly, there's an extreme buildup of static in the room, and a bolt of lightning streaks out from the roof to strike at Fei.

Lightning Bolt (DC36 Reflex Half): 24d8

Storm Breath lasts... 1d6 rounds.

In addition to the static energy suddenly pervading the room, Fei's sensors begin to pickup trace amount of silica appearing in the room... sand is beginning to inexplicably creep into the lab.

Vai has moved to put some cover between her and Fei for the moment.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 2 = 24

Fei spends a fraction of a second too long contemplating the permutations of this room being filled with sand, and the bolt of lightning finds its mark.

Constitution Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 45 ⇒ (19) + 45 = 64

As the tremendous discharge of energy courses through him the young monk explodes into motion, closing the distance between himself and Vai in barely a heartbeat while navigating the obstacles between them with seemingly little effort.

Capitalizing on his momentum, Fei tries to slam his open palm into her abdomen in an attempt to literally knock the wind out of her lungs and prevent her from further action for at least a few seconds.

Attack Roll (maintaining Valor's Mantle and using Dragon Strikes the Waves to roll against Vai's Touch AC):
1d20 + 45 ⇒ (2) + 45 = 47

Damage (if successful): 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (7, 7) + 30 = 44
Kinetic Force Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5 =5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1, 3, 3) = 14

If the attack hits, Vai will also need to make a DC 41 Fortitude save or be stunned for the next round.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Ardiente wrote:
Ardiente follows Tamrin's thought and glances at Raelle and she goes to work with fierce confidence. There may as well be stars in his eyes as he watches her work, and the conversation laspses for a good fifteen seconds before the young firebird replies. "Yeah... she's really something isn't she?"

Tam can't resist a slight chuckle at the young man's 'bedazzled' condition.

"Quite." (^-^)


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

This would be while they were flying there. A minute or two trip would have a little bit of talk time

"I know it's really frickin' weird, but so is everything else about this..."

He gestures to all of himself as they follow Rena.

"I'm starting to get used to it. Sometimes it's cool. Other times..."

He pauses, looking away like he is remembering something he rather wouldnt.

"Not so much..."

I'll catch back up to time after this short rabbit trail. :)


Mech Hanager

One says, the nose always knows. Or someone said it, so it's written.

For Jeran, and perhaps his species in general, it's more appropriate. Perhaps even required.

Remembering things, or noticing, is another tidbit all together.

Standing there, starting to move the sphere holding Tryko'Sam, which moves --jolting like, as the two groups first meet and speaking, he has a moment to pick up on all the players, and something else.

It's on the tip of his awareness, and so alien, that at first, the mind recoils at the notion, but with training and wisdom due to his skills- he is left to decide how to react.

A hint of decay. Not of the filth or dirty living beings, no. That would be too common and familiar. This, is a hint of decay in metal. In plastics, and perhaps, if his mind can wrap around that thought, the very essence of reality.

His memory flips through a few recent experiences, but nothing comes too close, save that recent trip prior to reaching the Heavens. He'd done his best not to vomit openly then, but there's an oh so subtle caress of it on his nostrils. Almost akin to a lover's caress...

Just putting this out here, as it might be too 'early' in the morning to reply too-- and this'll happen once the two parties 'officially' gather, to let Magic have his minute long trip through the hall to bond with fellow students. The exact location of the smell isn't within 10 or 15ish feet, Jeran. He would realize in this centralized/automated facility, it just stands out and thus is noticed.


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10
Lang Fei wrote:
Grim Jr. wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

taking the items, Lang first goes to Grim. he hands him the pouch.

inside the pouch is an amulet with a small medallion inscribed with this symbol engraved on it.

Grim, I wanted to thank you for being a friend and to thank you for coming out here with me. I don't always show it, but I am grateful to and honored to call you my friend. This medallion does not contain and magical powers. but it is a symbol of our friendship. and know that you will always be welcome in any of the air temples so long as you wear this.

sorry I missed this grim blinks a few times, he was expecting something more flashy, like elemental manipulation training, or something magical or a weapon, but he could see the thought and emotion put into the gift, and he nods solomly, saying "I'll wear it proudly, as I am proud to be friends with you," and besides new bling is always good

Lang whispers to Grim sorry I didn't find something fancier, its just that scythe you have is pretty awesome, and I couldn't find anything to compare.

grim looks embarrassed "ah, no, it's fine, I haven't even gotten you anything" he pauses "uh was I supposed to? I mean this is your celebration... Crap"


male human monk 16

Lang laughs, no grim, you are my guest, these gifts are just to say thank you for coming. you being here is enough


Image
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

"Yes, Sir."

Hermes begins taking the carts in and steering them to a slightly more empty part of the room.

Aananda set aside the part she had just taken out of the tank and was programming the next part in when the carts started to clatter into the lab.

"Oh, thank goodness! I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to make it without lunch. I'm starving," she said eagerly.


Image
Aanandareavekki wrote:
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

"Yes, Sir."

Hermes begins taking the carts in and steering them to a slightly more empty part of the room.

Aananda set aside the part she had just taken out of the tank and was programming the next part in when the carts started to clatter into the lab.

"Oh, thank goodness! I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to make it without lunch. I'm starving," she said eagerly.

Keme moved in front of the first cart. "Uh, this one has everybody else's lunch on it, but all the rest of them are for you," he said, feeling rather insecure about getting in between food and a hungry dragon.


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace nods in agreement with Ty "You're right, every possible suspect needs to be on the list. I'm still not sure this person knew of Ginni or not, but if we can eliminate those people, that does narrow down our possibilities." He starts to pace his room "The three of us. Tamina, Morrivan, Raelle, Melody. Those are people she's friends with that I can think of off the top of my head. Repp, David, Tybalt are all at least acquainted with her."

"Don't forget Vai. She's in that group too. And Sadie too. She used to go out with Morrivan, so she hung out with that group. Along with those two guys who were trying to start some kind of sports club...I don't know their names. And I haven't seen them in a couple of days so....I'm guessing that's not good. Umm....Well, there are probably some more. I only kinda know those girls, but I think there are probably some more boyfriends and stuff. They probably all know each other's special someones.

And Ginni is supposed to be an enchantment specialist isn't she? So you probably want to find out who is in the advanced class with her. It's a small group, so even if they aren't good friends, they're at least close acquaintances. And what other activities is she involved with? Any clubs or anything like that? You want to know who those people all are too. I'd check the other class lists too. See who she might know that you wouldn't necessarily remember.
Then we should probably cross-check that list against everybody that the other victims knew. See who pops up on more than one list."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Mindscape:

She nodded. "As you wish," she said in her usual business-like tone.

Miss Jones removed her hands from Djalos's head and took a step back.

"Miss Surya, if you would please bring the hoverchair here," she commanded. "Once we get Mr. Tyon in the chair you need to take him to the infirmary. Tell them that he is recovering from psychic trauma and that the details are in his file."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos slowly gets up. He's a lot more peaceful now, but the psychic trauma has taken a massive toll on his energy-he looks rather haggard.


Image
Damiani wrote:

Mech Hanager

One says, the nose always knows. Or someone said it, so it's written.

For Jeran, and perhaps his species in general, it's more appropriate. Perhaps even required.

Remembering things, or noticing, is another tidbit all together.

Standing there, starting to move the sphere holding Tryko'Sam, which moves --jolting like, as the two groups first meet and speaking, he has a moment to pick up on all the players, and something else.

It's on the tip of his awareness, and so alien, that at first, the mind recoils at the notion, but with training and wisdom due to his skills- he is left to decide how to react.

A hint of decay. Not of the filth or dirty living beings, no. That would be too common and familiar. This, is a hint of decay in metal. In plastics, and perhaps, if his mind can wrap around that thought, the very essence of reality.

His memory flips through a few recent experiences, but nothing comes too close, save that recent trip prior to reaching the Heavens. He'd done his best not to vomit openly then, but there's an oh so subtle caress of it on his nostrils. Almost akin to a lover's caress...

Just putting this out here, as it might be too 'early' in the morning to reply too-- and this'll happen once the two parties 'officially' gather, to let Magic have his minute long trip through the hall to bond with fellow students. The exact location of the smell isn't within 10 or 15ish feet, Jeran. He would realize in this centralized/automated facility, it just stands out and thus is noticed.

Jeran sniffed the air again, frowning as he couldn't quite locate the source of the scent. He hit a button on his suit. "Run diagnostics scan on the pod and on yourself. Then on the surrounding areas. Send relevant results to Avalon Security and to Flight Control."

"Come on, people, let's get a move on. There's something horribly wrong down here and I'd rather not just stand around waiting for all hell to break loose," he said, turning his attention back to the group.

Edit: For clarity's sake, the button is just allowing him to communicate with the mech's computers.]


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

She could see the oasis in the distance, but she knew that she would never be able to reach it. Not the way things were now. The rules had changed.

"Come on, Lysander, find me already!" she yelled, frustrated.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Ephebe wrote:

She could see the oasis in the distance, but she knew that she would never be able to reach it. Not the way things were now. The rules had changed.

"Come on, Lysander, find me already!" she yelled, frustrated.

"You are so impatient," the hooded figure said, popping out from nowhere once again.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, goody, you're back. I do so love these little chats," she said sarcastically. "And in case you forgot....again....I am only 27. Of course I'm not going to be as patient as people who have been alive or centuries."

The figure chuckled. "Yes, it is easy to lose track. You've always been so precocious. Which is why you need to stay here and wait. It's better that you're out of the way just now. Believe it or not, I don't want to hurt you. But I have plans, and this time you will not interfere."


Image
Keme Tokala wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

"Yes, Sir."

Hermes begins taking the carts in and steering them to a slightly more empty part of the room.

Aananda set aside the part she had just taken out of the tank and was programming the next part in when the carts started to clatter into the lab.

"Oh, thank goodness! I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to make it without lunch. I'm starving," she said eagerly.

Keme moved in front of the first cart. "Uh, this one has everybody else's lunch on it, but all the rest of them are for you," he said, feeling rather insecure about getting in between food and a hungry dragon.

"Hmmph. I do have some self control, you know" she muttered, moving to the next cart and inhaling the food it contained.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"Will do..."

Archena does as directed, not entirely thrilled with her new occupation as wheelchair-pusher.

She whistles a tune as she steers him to the infirmary.

When she arrives she relays the information before awkwardly asking what she was supposed to do next.


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:

"Like... That stuff that comes off Fire, and get in your eyes."

she poitns to the sun.
"That thing makes more, thoguh."
Vickory seems puzzled, "The only thing I can tell that comes from the sun is light, but I don't see why that would seem awkward or bothersome considering that catching light is the sole and entire purpose of having eyes."

"Uhm. I'm not quite sure what that is, but if that's the only thing that comes from it, that's probobly it."


Male Elf Slayer 16

The nurse takes out a datapad and awkwardly checks Djalos' medical notes. "Still can't get used to these damn things..." she mutters before raising an inquisitive eyebrow. "It says do not take his blindfold off. Ever. Under any circumstances. In underlined, bolded, and bloodred text. With a little frowny face next to it." Shrugging, she wheels Djalos over to a nearby bed, where he feebly climbs into before shutting his eyes. An instant later, Djalos is peacefully asleep.

Turning back to Archena, the nurse sweeps some loose grey hair from her face. "Would you like to stay with the patient?" she asks brusquely.


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:

Alys makes a couple of marks on her notepad, scribbles out a section, tears off the front sheet, folds it twice so only a small portion is showing, and hands that to Nala. She then speaks two words that carry more weight than her speech before, and reality shifts to make her will manifest. Another illusion pops into existence in front of her like a three panel storyboard.

The three images seem to go along with the paper she handed to Nala. The legible words now read, "I will limit my speaking. I will use them as I must. I am aware of the danger, but I will be that which I am." The first shows her standing with a piece of cloth tied over her mouth and her blade loosely tied into its scabbard. In the second she is obviously studying in a library. In the third she is in a classroom setting wielding magic.

Still scowling, she turns toward the door.

The temperature in the room dropped drastically at the last statement. Nala's hand trembles as she holds the now ice encased paper. Her fist clenched and the note shattered, the frozen pieces clinking against the floor. She doesn't speak, not trusting herself not to alienate the girl past all hope of recovery if she let any of her anger out. The sheer arrogance of her was enough to make Nala wish she didn't have to worry about being nice or following rules. And she was also, to be honest, more than a little disturbed to realize just how much of Winter she still carried with her.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Offers a disapproving look to the young kitsune, but says nothing, out loud.

::Nala...:: he says in a loving manner, hoping to calm her.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"He's asleep, so I don't really know what I'd be doing... Should I stay?"

She doesn't seem to quite understand what she should do without being told.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

Offers a disapproving look to the young kitsune, but says nothing, out loud.

::Nala...:: he says in a loving manner, hoping to calm her.

::I wanted to freeze her. Surround her in a solid block of ice. Seal her away so she can't let any of them through because she will not understand....I may not be the Winter Princess anymore, but there is still more of Winter left in me than I wanted to see....:: she said, her mental voice near hysterical. Meanwhile the room had become so cold that tiny snowflakes drifted through the air.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"I know what you mean, when I first turned into what you see before you now, I was constantly breaking stuff by accident, everything I wanted to sit or lay on had to be reienforced for the extra weight, and everything else I had to treat as though it was made out of glass, I've gotten better at being careful around stuff, I usually don't have to think too hard on it anymore, especially around here, it's reinforced to deal with dragons living here, like actual dragons"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"You say that like it's a big deal. Wait. You're a freshman, right? Ya, that'd be pretty big for you, then, I guess. You get used to it real quick. Dragons are just people like everyone else here once you get over the whole 'wow, real dragons' thing."

He likes to move his hands to articulate his points.

They arrive with Rena soon.

Rejoining the time now.

"Got it. One good thing about being this is that I should be able to keep a grip on it, at least. Go ahead and lead. I'll follow. Someone want get arrows, so we can steer?"


Mech Hanger

The button released, and command issued-- Jeran doesn't receive an immediate response of any sort, though he's fairly certain that the order did get transmitted.

Other than that, given the large space of the area-- the only thing that's odd or unusual, and causing a bit of a ruckus (as much as can be within the pod) is the captive within the pod.

Nothing else immediately calls attention, or seems to be out of the norm for anyone who's been down here before (or frequently).

Vare Sight:
Assuming, per our conversation, Vare's vision is as understood, most of the area around here is a stark, metallic space with right angles and 'hanger'-esque themes to the local. Though people may come through or pass out with dreams that linger about ...space, or machinery, they don't stay long or tarry. If anything, the lingering shadows are thicker here, and being underground and lifeless, it's a dark and somewhat foreboding place.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"You say that like it's a big deal. Wait. You're a freshman, right? Ya, that'd be pretty big for you, then, I guess. You get used to it real quick. Dragons are just people like everyone else here once you get over the whole 'wow, real dragons' thing."

He likes to move his hands to articulate his points.

They arrive with Rena soon.

Rejoining the time now.

"Got it. One good thing about being this is that I should be able to keep a grip on it, at least. Go ahead and lead. I'll follow. Someone want get arrows, so we can steer?"

"it's a big deal for me because my great grandad was a dragon, enormous and ferocious he was"


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I wanted to freeze her. Surround her in a solid block of ice. Seal her away so she can't let any of them through because she will not understand....I may not be the Winter Princess anymore, but there is still more of Winter left in me than I wanted to see....:: she said, her mental voice near hysterical. Meanwhile the room had become so cold that tiny snowflakes drifted through the air.

::We are who we are, Nala. We can't choose what came before us, but we can choose how we act. Winter can not govern you anymore, but it is indeed part of who you are. You've learned to control the bear side of you, this will be no different.

The child is foolish, I agree, and your reaction understandable. But lashing out is not who you are anymore. Let it go.::


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus

With a glare for those who would isolate her once more, Alys stalks from the room with a stiff back. Though she is in her human form, her angry bearing still conveys the sense of bristling fur.

She stops a little ways from the room and writes on her tablet, showing the message to Ehos, I need to get something to eat. I am tired and hungry and it is making me more irritable than I normally am. A couple of the letters in the first sentence have small rips in the paper.

She takes a deep breath and writes again, more calmly, Sorry. I should not have lost my temper. Master Xianyu would be very disappointed in me for that.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Jessa watches the interaction between Nala and the strange, small girl with the words that hurt. Jessa had moved a little ways away from them trying to lessen the impact of the words, but it had still been uncomfortable.

After the girl, Alys?, leaves she cautiously approaches the clearly agitated Nala, "I am sorry if I am intruding, but is there anything I can do to help?"


Female Timelady Nerd 3/Geek 2/Whovian 13/Writer 2

The nurse looks at Archena strangely. "Well... are you a friend of the patient? If so, you should probably stay with him..." the nurse says tentatively.


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I wanted to freeze her. Surround her in a solid block of ice. Seal her away so she can't let any of them through because she will not understand....I may not be the Winter Princess anymore, but there is still more of Winter left in me than I wanted to see....:: she said, her mental voice near hysterical. Meanwhile the room had become so cold that tiny snowflakes drifted through the air.

::We are who we are, Nala. We can't choose what came before us, but we can choose how we act. Winter can not govern you anymore, but it is indeed part of who you are. You've learned to control the bear side of you, this will be no different.

The child is foolish, I agree, and your reaction understandable. But lashing out is not who you are anymore. Let it go.::

::I did not either freeze her or take over her mind,:: she replied tartly. ::But this cold is not so easily boxed up and put away.......I apologize. I seem to have turned your classroom into a freezer.:: Her emotions are still running high. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that her lack of control of her Winter powers and her rejection of them are related.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:

Jessa watches the interaction between Nala and the strange, small girl with the words that hurt. Jessa had moved a little ways away from them trying to lessen the impact of the words, but it had still been uncomfortable.

After the girl, Alys?, leaves she cautiously approaches the clearly agitated Nala, "I am sorry if I am intruding, but is there anything I can do to help?"

Nala jumps and then smiles apologetically. The smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes and it is still snowing gently in the room.

"No, Jessa, I should be apologizing to you. I'm sorry to have dragged you into this. You have enough concerns of your own...And as you can see," she added with an embarrassed gesture at the ice and snow accumulating in the room, "control is not an easy thing, and not learned all at once, no matter how hard we try."


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


Rejoining the time now.

"Got it. One good thing about being this is that I should be able to keep a grip on it, at least. Go ahead and lead. I'll follow. Someone want get arrows, so we can steer?"

"Thanks," he said, taking hold of the front of the pod and walking backwards towards the hallway. "This seems to be a pretty isolated addition to the school, so it shouldn't be too hard to find Isolab 2. But I think it's probably going to be a longer walk than we'd like."

"Hey, my mech is supposed to be running diagnostics and isn't.....I think its systems might be compromised. Watch out for any other tech acting funny down here. Something doesn't smell right," he said, frowning.


Image

Ignace watched the clock. It seemed to be moving very, very slowly.

"I can't believe we actually have to take classes with non-firebirds....it just isn't right. Do they not understand the importance of keeping ourselves separate? We're special...surely they must see that." Phaedra had kept up a steady stream of this sort of chatter since they got there. It was annoying. Ignace had barely picked at her lunch. Being around Phaedra was stressful. But she couldn't seem to make her go away. "I just feel so comfortable around you...I'm so glad that there's someone I can really talk to here....I was worried that wouldn't be the case," Phaedra continued while Ignace ground her teeth.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16
yet nameless. wrote:

"Uhm. I'm not quite sure what that is, but if that's the only thing that comes from it, that's probobly it."

Vickory just looks at her even more puzzled, "How can you not know what light is? Did you grow up in a black hole?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
Vickory West wrote:
yet nameless. wrote:

"Uhm. I'm not quite sure what that is, but if that's the only thing that comes from it, that's probobly it."

Vickory just looks at her even more puzzled, "How can you not know what light is? Did you grow up in a black hole?"

"I just fell here today. Everything is so odd. Fire also makes this horrible thing when you get close to it. But it's everywhere too... Just worse near fire..."

she pauses a moment.
"I don't know where I am from. It's... Difrrent. Everything there was so much more interesting and colorful. This place... Leaves this horrible feeling in my eyes, and a sensation just as horrid on my flesh. It seems so... Repetative in it's colors, too. The only parts that look kinda like home are behind some of these... Tree things."
she points to a shadow.
"Like there. Thoguh, there has been nowhere that gave me relief from this horrid sensation on my flesh... And even my flesh is different."


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I did not either freeze her or take over her mind,:: she replied tartly. ::But this cold is not so easily boxed up and put away.......I apologize. I seem to have turned your classroom into a freezer.:: Her emotions are still running high. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that her lack of control of her Winter powers and her rejection of them are related.

<Chuckles> "I miss the snows back home, you've done me a favor." he says out loud.

::I have a feeling you can't reject your winter abilities and seek to control them at the same time, Nala. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear...::


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I did not either freeze her or take over her mind,:: she replied tartly. ::But this cold is not so easily boxed up and put away.......I apologize. I seem to have turned your classroom into a freezer.:: Her emotions are still running high. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that her lack of control of her Winter powers and her rejection of them are related.

<Chuckles> "I miss the snows back home, you've done me a favor." he says out loud.

::I have a feeling you can't reject your winter abilities and seek to control them at the same time, Nala. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear...::

::I don't want them! I don't want anything that reminds me of her...anything that makes me more like her...I thought when I stopped being the Winter Princess....but it just won't go away. And now.....now I actually have need of it, which is worse.::


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I don't want them! I don't want anything that reminds me of her...anything that makes me more like her...I thought when I stopped being the Winter Princess....but it just won't go away. And now.....now I actually have need of it, which is worse.::

Gods he wanted to hold her so badly...

::I know you don't want them...let's work on them like we did with your bear side. Then you'll be in control, and you can use them or ignore them as you wish.::


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::I don't want them! I don't want anything that reminds me of her...anything that makes me more like her...I thought when I stopped being the Winter Princess....but it just won't go away. And now.....now I actually have need of it, which is worse.::

Gods he wanted to hold her so badly...

::I know you don't want them...let's work on them like we did with your bear side. Then you'll be in control, and you can use them or ignore them as you wish.::

::Logically, I know you're right. But it's not that easy. Not when the things she did to me are always fresh in my mind. Keeping as much distance between me and anything resembling her is what keeps me sane...ish. But no matter what I do that distance keeps getting smaller. I can't run from what I am. I know that. But I'm afraid. Afraid that if I embrace it I'll end up just like her.::

The snow swirled through the classroom, falling harder now.


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

Nala jumps and then smiles apologetically. The smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes and it is still snowing gently in the room.

"No, Jessa, I should be apologizing to you. I'm sorry to have dragged you into this. You have enough concerns of your own...And as you can see," she added with an embarrassed gesture at the ice and snow accumulating in the room, "control is not an easy thing, and not learned all at once, no matter how hard we try."

Jessa smiles back at Nala, "It seems we all have our demons." Her face grows thoughtful, "Can you tell me who these others are and why her words are so dangerous? It seems that if it is so dangerous, perhaps she should not be allowed to speak .. or to keep the sword."

Edit: If the gathering cold bothered her at all, Jessa gave no sign. Not the slightest shiver or movement.


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

Nala jumps and then smiles apologetically. The smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes and it is still snowing gently in the room.

"No, Jessa, I should be apologizing to you. I'm sorry to have dragged you into this. You have enough concerns of your own...And as you can see," she added with an embarrassed gesture at the ice and snow accumulating in the room, "control is not an easy thing, and not learned all at once, no matter how hard we try."
Jessa smiles back at Nala, "It seems we all have our demons." Her face grows thoughtful, "Can you tell me who these others are and why her words are so dangerous? It seems that if it is so dangerous, perhaps she should not be allowed to speak .. or to keep the sword."

"They are creatures that live outside of what we think of as reality. They are extremely dangerous. They hate all living things, no, all real things, and they are constantly looking for cracks, ways in to our reality. Great wars were fought in the past, wars that lasted for millennia, in order to beat them back across that border and seal it. That sword....its existence means that seal was broken. And it's bonded to the girl. But I don't know how or for what purpose. Taking it away from her could do more harm than good. For now, we need more information. it is imprudent to act without knowing all the facts. But I am very, very concerned, yes. The Others are not something to take lightly," she said, keeping her voice calm in spite of the inner turmoil her telepathic conversation had sparked.


male human monk 16
Ignace del Sol wrote:

Ignace watched the clock. It seemed to be moving very, very slowly.

"I can't believe we actually have to take classes with non-firebirds....it just isn't right. Do they not understand the importance of keeping ourselves separate? We're special...surely they must see that." Phaedra had kept up a steady stream of this sort of chatter since they got there. It was annoying. Ignace had barely picked at her lunch. Being around Phaedra was stressful. But she couldn't seem to make her go away. "I just feel so comfortable around you...I'm so glad that there's someone I can really talk to here....I was worried that wouldn't be the case," Phaedra continued while Ignace ground her teeth.

just wait till Lang comes back...Phaedra will go nuts


male human monk 16

I don't want to be speaking for other players, but in an effort to move Lang's story forward. can we assume that Sun has escorted them back to the ceremonial hall and Lang is free to speak with Sara after they are gone?


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::Logically, I know you're right. But it's not that easy. Not when the things she did to me are always fresh in my mind. Keeping as much distance between me and anything resembling her is what keeps me sane...ish. But no matter what I do that distance keeps getting smaller. I can't run from what I am. I know that. But I'm afraid. Afraid that if I embrace it I'll end up just like her.::

The snow swirled through the classroom, falling harder now.

He looks cross for a second...then lets out a held breath.

::I know you're afraid. Fear tries to hold you back at every step. But look how you fight it every day! It's hold is less and less. You will be free of it, eventually, and I think that day is sooner than you realize.::

::But for now...I don't think you need the cold anymore...::


Image
Ryuzo Kato wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:


::Logically, I know you're right. But it's not that easy. Not when the things she did to me are always fresh in my mind. Keeping as much distance between me and anything resembling her is what keeps me sane...ish. But no matter what I do that distance keeps getting smaller. I can't run from what I am. I know that. But I'm afraid. Afraid that if I embrace it I'll end up just like her.::

The snow swirled through the classroom, falling harder now.

He looks cross for a second...then lets out a held breath.

::I know you're afraid. Fear tries to hold you back at every step. But look how you fight it every day! It's hold is less and less. You will be free of it, eventually, and I think that day is sooner than you realize.::

::But for now...I don't think you need the cold anymore...::

::I don't suppose you have a calm emotions potion for me? Because I can't think of a lot of other ways to shut it off. Well....maybe some mole cuddles...::


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

::Of course:: he smiles, shifting into a mole. He waddles over to her and starts to climb up, unless she sits. ::Hugs can be the best medicine sometimes...::


Female {REDACTED} {REDACTED}

Jessa's eyes widen slightly when Ryuzo shifts into a mole, then with a social awareness much higher than her years seem to indicate, she moves away from the pair and leans against the wall. With her head tipped forward, her hair cascades over her face giving Ryuzo and Nala at least an illusion of privacy.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

lang simply smiles knowing Midori liked her gift. he didn't say anything to spoil that.

after a few minutes of conversing lang turns to Sun, Sun, could you please take Grim and Midori to the ceremonial hall, I need to talk to Sara about something.

With her gift in hand, Midori smiles and nods, following along with Sun as he escorts them back out of the hatchery.

72,051 to 72,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.