The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


71,901 to 71,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | next > last >>

Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell decides she has somone she needs to see, and quietly hops down from a table she was on, and brushes up agasint the wall, trying to find zix.


Male Gian&Nero Half-Fiend Half-Celestial All Elf 3 cleric 3 wizard 10 mystic theurge / 8 fighter 8 gunslinger
Serrin Surya wrote:
She chuckles [b]"Good, then you won't mind my using it. And yes, I am new. Sorta. I'm from the Sun"i/b]

"Just because I get it a lot doesn't mean I'm ok with it..."

He seems rather saddened, and doesn't respond to the part about her being from the sun.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

Zix can be found in his classroom, tinkering with a number of small clockwork constructs
Two of them float around the room in seemingly random patterns as if to air curents that can't be felt


Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell knocks on the door. It's a barely audible sound, with how small she is.


Image
Kor'Athon wrote:

"I trust Ephebe to take care of it. I've noticed a change in her over the last year. A good fit for this school, I think. I will begin my service whenever it suits the needs of the school. This afternoon would be fine. I will vacate my room in the student wing, and acquire more appropriate lodging. I will be watchful of the children. If necessary I can anchor Cedric. But, I know what it's like to be a child that does not understand what is going on around him, and needing to 'take a break' from things.

I hope this proves a good move for both of us. Thank you for the opportunity."

"Thank you for rescuing me from an afternoon of trying to wrangle sixty or so students. I'm surprised that we made it through the morning," she said with a relieved chuckle.

"And don't worry about your room. The school will probably have moved it for you by the time classes are done. It's very efficient. Sometimes I think it gets a bit miffed when people insist on moving stuff around themselves."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
"Umm. Pardon me, but is that smoke?" he says pointing to the grey cloud above the trees...

She looked up and sighed. "Yes, it would appear to be. I suppose we should do something about that."


Figment Narrator 20

"I- but you! Erragh, it's just fire, and they're just trees, I not seeing what big deal is!" He slaps his large tail against the ground causing the ground to shake


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman loses her footing and falls over, rather suprized. She still has no clue what anyone is saying.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

He pauses to look at the door, before turning back to his project, ::if you are trying to set some kind of juvenile prank on my door, be warned that the last two who tried that today had their prank explode on their face, and are curently serving detention::
zix is not well liked by the student body


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

He pauses to look at the door, before turning back to his project, ::if you are trying to set some kind of juvenile prank on my door, be warned that the last two who tried that today had their prank explode on their face, and are curently serving detention::

zix is not well liked by the student body

"N-no."

comes marcell's rather small voice.
"Was just trying to knock to see if it was alright to enter, s-sir."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Mindscape:
"Yes, I remember. Those memories will be locked except when I am present in your mind like this. I will not even recall that there was anything to forget. They will return when I interact with your mind like this for the sake of helping you. It saves a great deal of time and trouble not having to cover the same material each time. Unless you change your request they will then be forgotten again once I exit your mind."

"One quick question though. Outside of your mental landscape do you wish me to continue to refer to you with female pronouns, Miss Tyon?"

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

The door makes a quiet "click" noise and he projects, his mental voice as calm as ever ::then you may enter::


Male Half Orc Druid/Shaman
Pyra del Sol wrote:

"Thank you for rescuing me from an afternoon of trying to wrangle sixty or so students. I'm surprised that we made it through the morning," she said with a relieved chuckle.

"And don't worry about your room. The school will probably have moved it for you by the time classes are done. It's very efficient. Sometimes I think it gets a bit miffed when people insist on moving stuff around themselves."

He laughs.

"Indeed! Well, then I suppose I can start now."


Male Sapphire Dragon

"S.. Sir, I can't acutslly reach the handle today."
she says, her voice even more soft the usual.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Careful!" Vickory hissed as she ppinted to the girl. "You need to be careful with yourself. Besides, nothing is just something. The trees are alive with lives of their own, and that fire is really close to us, and those buildings over there. Do you want to have to explain to someone, potentially a group of dangerous someones, that their buildings got burnt down because you didn't think the tiny fire was something to bother with? Not to mention the danger it presents to us while we are nearby."


Figment Narrator 20

He pours petulantly, seemingly subdued somewhat at her pointing out how he nearly hurt the female "trees stupid... Wait.. You no build your structures can handle something so simple as fire? Seems... Weak.. Fawed.."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

There is a short pause before another click can be heard before the door opens on it's own ::now you may enter


Male Sapphire Dragon

Marcell solwily walks in, and up to zix.
"H-hello, sir. I've... Got a few questions."


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD

the woman scrambles to her feet, and shakes a bit, rather nervous.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

He nods ::ask away::


Male Elf Slayer 16

Mindscape:

Djalos appears thoughtful, pondering Miss Jones' question. "I... No. Not yet. I... I need some time to think."

She then prepares herself for a, to put it bluntly, a crapton of emotions to come falling down an her at once.

[ooc]I think that, to explain my absence over the summer, Djalos is going to suffer a Heroic Blue Screen of Death due to all of the emotions crashing down on her at once once she exits the mindscape.


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
He nods ::ask away::

"W... Well, I.. Uh. How good are you at analyzing magic energy, sir?"


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Mindscape:

I'm good with that, but let's get through the whole scene first if we can. Miss Jones plans to take Djalos to the SIM room to vent off energy, followed by a lesson in how to manage the build up. Afterwards Djalos can get admitted to the infirmary due to the emotional trauma, to have time to process memories and emotions, etc. That lets you keep Djalos off screen for as much time as you need and you can jump back in as soon as you are able. I can try to expedite the wrapup if it will help. I have a hard time thinking of the end of the school year already since the schools here run until the middle of June. So apologies if I haven't been as aware of the time limits as I should be.

"Very well. I will respect your wishes," she said crisply.
Miss Jones faded from the mental landscape.

Miss Jones stepped away from Djalos and opened a cupboard. "Miss Surya, I may require your assistance in getting Mr. Tyon to the SIM rooms. He requires a safe place to vent his powers before he cooks himself with them. I am not certain if he will be aware enough to navigate there under his own power," she added as she slid the hoverchair out of the closet.


Miss Jones wrote:
Miss Jones stepped away from Djalos and opened a cupboard. "Miss Surya, I may require your assistance in getting Mr. Tyon to the SIM rooms. He requires a safe place to vent his powers before he cooks himself with them. I am not certain if he will be aware enough to navigate there under his own power," she added as she slid the hoverchair out of the closet.

If anyone seeks to access the SIM Rooms, they will notice that Sim Room #3 is 'in-use', drawing on power reserves and locked. This locked state will vary depending on who approaches, naturally.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

He pauses and looks up from the construct he was working on :: better than most, my race are naturally able to see the ripples and disturbances in the weave caused by mortal magics, but my sight is not perfect, and divination is not my specialty, and so I have begun working on these, drones to help me out with a warding project that is advanced even by my standards:: he projects, a tone of mild excitement entering his voice


Changeling Kineticist 1

"So we're pest control to make Avalon look good?"


Vis Niyambi wrote:
Taika Niyambi wrote:
"Not used to praise much, are you?" She says with a grin.

vis shakes his head.

"Not at all. I just hid in the basement and did my own thing."

"Well, no need to hide around here. We're free!"


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
He pauses and looks up from the construct he was working on :: better than most, my race are naturally able to see the ripples and disturbances in the weave caused by mortal magics, but my sight is not perfect, and divination is not my specialty, and so I have begun working on these, drones to help me out with a warding project that is advanced even by my standards:: he projects, a tone of mild excitement entering his voice

Marcell pulls inward a bit.

"Oh. Are you busy?"


Ahti wrote:
"So we're pest control to make Avalon look good?"

coco looks to her classmate, i'm sorry, its all I could think of.

Liberty's Edge

Male Crossblooded(Boreal/ Elemental) Sorcerer/Artic Ley Druid 9
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"I... don't know... I can't... think... about things anymore... for a while. I just need a nap..."

He sighs and flops over onto his pillow.

"Stupid radisatation..."

Pyry lies down and settles in next to his friend, adding his own cold spells to the freezer to help Tybalt recover faster.


Male Firebird
Taika Niyambi wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Taika Niyambi wrote:
"Not used to praise much, are you?" She says with a grin.

vis shakes his head.

"Not at all. I just hid in the basement and did my own thing."
"Well, no need to hide around here. We're free!"

"I hope so. This place seems rather welcoming, so far."


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"You better not. I love you too, and I don't want to live without you. And I'm still terrified of the person who hurt me. So you better have some way to keep them from taking over our brains if we're trying to catch them," she said, squeezing him tightly and trying desperately to wrestle her crippling fear under control.

"Well... I've got one idea, but you won't like it." He explains slowly. "You'll have to be a ninja again, so whoever did this will forget you..."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::yes, but not urgently, the level of priority is akin to what one would call a hobby::


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

"Not mine, nor my people's. Besides, building materials will never be perfect. It will always be a choice between which flaws, and which strengths. If you'd prefer, I can just bring rain which will inhibit the fire, but as it may take an hour or so to figure out how to safely use magic on you, I don't see the point in rushing it. The fire continues to spread the longer we leave it, thus there is a point in rushing to deal with it." Vickory sounded very lecturing, like teaching a child something obvious. Then, unless someone presents a good reason not to, or gets rather unreasonable, she cast the spell to bring rain.


Figment Narrator 20

He growls out petulantly before turning away from the snake woman
He then translates roughly what was said, though he tells the story as though the snake was the one being childish, instead of himself. He also mumbles out something that might have been an apology for makeing her fall over when he struck the ground, though it's difficult to tell with how mumbled it was


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
::yes, but not urgently, the level of priority is akin to what one would call a hobby::

Marcell nods a bit, peeking up ever so sligtky.

"Would...mould you have any time aviabke to look over me, and whatever is causing me to shift forms?"


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:

He growls out petulantly before turning away from the snake woman

He then translates roughly what was said, though he tells the story as though the snake was the one being childish, instead of himself. He also mumbles out something that might have been an apology for makeing her fall over when he struck the ground, though it's difficult to tell with how mumbled it was

he woman blinks a few times, then continues to speak in thier odd lanuage.

"Rain?"


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"You better not. I love you too, and I don't want to live without you. And I'm still terrified of the person who hurt me. So you better have some way to keep them from taking over our brains if we're trying to catch them," she said, squeezing him tightly and trying desperately to wrestle her crippling fear under control.
"Well... I've got one idea, but you won't like it." He explains slowly. "You'll have to be a ninja again, so whoever did this will forget you..."

She went very still. "Michael...I....I'm not sure I can. I've changed a lot in the last few months.....there's no guarantee that would even work.....and......and I don't want you to forget me too," she added choking back a sob.


Image
Phaezeriel wrote:


Leaving the three fragments of her memories to gather the pieces that fit to them, Phaezeriel draws in the two new fragments. He winces at the pain in so many of her early memories. He debates the wisdom of trying to help her heal from those wounds as he is fitting them back into place. On one hand she may never have as good a chance to heal from them, but on the other hand it may change who she is as surely as if the memories themselves were changed. Still debating, he fits the two new fragments into the growing section of memories fixed to the anchor that she will not reject, slipping them in between the second and third of the other fragments.

Bubble 6:

Ginni is 10 in this one. She was transferred to another orphanage in a new city and has run away again.
It was always hot here. Which was good for sleeping outdoors. But she was always thirsty and the roads were filled with dust. She had so much grime on her that she looked like a person made of dirt. But the worst was the packs of wild dogs that roamed through the alleys of the city. She hadn't had much luck with begging or stealing and she was so hungry and too tired to run away even if the dogs did catch up with her again. She heard something around the next corner and peered cautiously around, keeping herself plastered to the wall so she wouldn't be seen, It was an old man dressed in rags and nearly as dirty as she was. He was humming some strange tune she didn't know and cooking something. Her mouth watered as the smell reached her, but it was her growlng stomach that gave her away. The old man looked up and she froze. He smiled. "Come here, child. I don't bite. And I have soup. It's not much, but it's enough to share. One must never turn away a hungry stranger. Come on, it's alright," he beckoned her over, and then held out a bowl for her. That was too much tempation for her to resist and she scrambled out of cover and reached for the food. It was the best tasting soup she'd ever had n her life.

Bubble 7:

Shortly after the last scene....days or at most weeks later.
The same old man from the last memory was here again, this time walking along the city streets with Ginni tagging along after him. They both got better results from the begging when they worked together and Hakim could turn even the most unappetizing scraps into delicious soup. "No, no, no," he said, patiently lecturing as they walked. "Are you the master of your circumstances or are they the master of you? Bad things happen. It's a part of life. But no matter what happens to you, no one can force you to be unhappy against your will. As long as you're breathing you can find something to be happy about. Other people can't choose how you feel if you don't let them."

Bubble 8:

This is when Ginni is a bit older, during her time with the circus.
[i]She smoothed her hands over the guitar reverently. She still couldn't believe that such a beautiful instrument was hers. She plucked a string and laughed in delight at the sound it made. Nothing made her feel happier than getting to practice playing music.

Figured I'd throw in a few good memories....the next batch we'll be back to the bad stuff again....she hasn't had the happiest life so far....


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos gets up unsteadily, looking a bit queasy. "Y-yes. Assistance wou-would be appreciated," he stutters. The young elf walks a few paces, looking as though he's in a dream. When he reaches Archena, however, something passes across his face. The young elf whispers, "So many... Princess Kiyo..." Then he collapses and hugs Archena, and begins crying on her shoulder.

This is definitely not an affectionate hug-it's more like a, well, Oh-dear-gods-I'm-so-messed-up-inside-right-now-I-need-a-shoulder-to-cry-on hug.


Figment Narrator 20

"Water that falls from the sky... Water is the same stuff as the river earlier was made up, sometimes it's alive and sometimes it isn't... Rain usually isn't alive if I remember right..."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

::certianly, please do hold still:: he says as the two constructs begin to circle the small psododragon ::interesting... no simple transmutation this is.. That much is apparent... As to what it actually is...hmm::pm?


Female "Voidwalker" with 16 Abberation HD
The yellow boxes wrote:
"Water that falls from the sky... Water is the same stuff as the river earlier was made up, sometimes it's alive and sometimes it isn't... Rain usually isn't alive if I remember right..."

the woman nods, giving up on understanding and just rolling with it.


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory coiled up into an almost meditative pose and started casting her spell. A few minutes of casting later, some clouds above started slowly building up.

Vickory turned to the rainbow creature, "Well, the rain should start soon. Are we going to fight fire, or are you going to hope the rain is enough while working on your wing?"


Image
Ginni wrote:
Phaezeriel wrote:


Leaving the three fragments of her memories to gather the pieces that fit to them, Phaezeriel draws in the two new fragments. He winces at the pain in so many of her early memories. He debates the wisdom of trying to help her heal from those wounds as he is fitting them back into place. On one hand she may never have as good a chance to heal from them, but on the other hand it may change who she is as surely as if the memories themselves were changed. Still debating, he fits the two new fragments into the growing section of memories fixed to the anchor that she will not reject, slipping them in between the second and third of the other fragments.
** spoiler omitted **...

Repost due to technical difficulties.

Bubble 8:

This memory is from Ginni's time with the circus.
Ginni stroked the wood of the guitar lovingly. She was still awed by the fact that she was allowed to use such a beautiful instrument. She plucked a string and grinned as she let the sound wash over her. She loved it so much. The time she spent practicing was the happiest she had ever been and every day she looked forward to it. Maybe today was the day she would finally be able to play a whole tune....


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

this is where you rearrange the bubbles to take away Ginni's stage fright...

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

The two constructs wirr around the small dragon, one makes a clicking sound, after a moment, and the other makes a sound akin to a fast moving saw blade, each glows as they orbit him ::fascinating, I see signs of both protian and inevitable influence, something previously known from the tunes that covered you, what's more interesting is that it seems that your true form is indistinguishable from your curent body, and I detect no evidence of any transfiguration, though there is a significant pool of remarkably unaligned power... It's enough to wonder if you've been holding back in class...::


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
The two constructs wirr around the small dragon, one makes a clicking sound, after a moment, and the other makes a sound akin to a fast moving saw blade, each glows as they orbit him ::fascinating, I see signs of both protian and inevitable influence, something previously known from the tunes that covered you, what's more interesting is that it seems that your true form is indistinguishable from your curent body, and I detect no evidence of any transfiguration, though there is a significant pool of remarkably unaligned power... It's enough to wonder if you've been holding back in class...::

"I... No sir, I haven't been. The most magical thing I've managed since I've come here is floating a pencil."

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5

He pauses slightly as says ::I believe you, but in that case, I am going to assign the homework for you of practice what you can already do magically thus far whenever you are unoccupied and read..:: he turns away from him to a small bookshelf behind him and pulls out one of the smaller books ::this book:: he says turning back :: on the theory behind a few simple spells, chapter four is of particular note for you as it contains basic somatic component diagrams for spellcasters of non humanoid body shapes,::
the book contains only a few actual spells and those it has are all of third level or lower, bein a book mostly on magical theory


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:

He pauses slightly as says ::I believe you, but in that case, I am going to assign the homework for you of practice what you can already do magically thus far whenever you are unoccupied and read..:: he turns away from him to a small bookshelf behind him and pulls out one of the smaller books ::this book:: he says turning back :: on the theory behind a few simple spells, chapter four is of particular note for you as it contains basic somatic component diagrams for spellcasters of non humanoid body shapes,::

the book contains only a few actual spells and those it has are all of third level or lower, bein a book mostly on magical theory

Marcell nods.

"Uhm..."
marcell looks up at the book, then attempts to mage hand it to her. At least she seems to be getting that down.
"Any idea what's causing this?"

71,901 to 71,950 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | 1439 | 1440 | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.