The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


72,251 to 72,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | next > last >>

Female Firebird Oracle 7

"Thanks. It's not my favorite, but still good."

Awkwardly unadjusted socially powers activate.

She takes the things and takes a seat.

"So, what did you say you were here for?"

She squeezes the bag, popping it and crumbling the charcoal, which she pours into the top of the mug.


Mech Bay

Finding a sturdy I-beam, or the equivalent, Jeran's armed with a makeshift weapon at least. The biggest issue though, is that it might slow him down due to oddness of shape and length-- especially as more and more of the hanger's floor seems to be filling up with an assortment of the gangways and other 'parts' when salvo after salvo appear to be tearing up a good part of the bay while missing the nimble Lycan.

"You only make the dance more succulent, shifter! Your silence fills me with certainty of your fear too-- why else would you seal away your breath from my gifts?"

It's not immediately clear what the creature animating the Mech is getting at, perhaps some study of extra-planar beings might help, though, the epic battle is causing extensive damage to the hanger.

"Well, that looks expensive." This time the Mech wastes a few shots on storage containers and the like, blowing up extra equipment with ease, using the armaments that take down spaceships.

At one point, an excellent strike is presented, and Jeran's swing with I-beam proves to connect solidly. However, after the strike, it's clear that there's no pain reactions, and these Mechs really are quite armored. The acid struck area seems to have suffered the most, not to mention damage to the paint job and scrapes.

Jeran will notice that either the thing is getting bored with the 'dance', or intends to do as much destruction as possible before any solid conclusion.

"So who made these toys? I have to find the crafter and thank them for the thrill so far. So well crafted, a divine piece of work. Hah!" The voice still impossible to determine detail on the owner.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:

"Thanks. It's not my favorite, but still good."

Awkwardly unadjusted socially powers activate.

She takes the things and takes a seat.

"So, what did you say you were here for?"

She squeezes the bag, popping it and crumbling the charcoal, which she pours into the top of the mug.

"My best friend was attacked. Murdered actually. They were able to bring her back to life, but her attacker had messed up her mind. They're trying to heal the damage, but nobody can tell me how long that's going to take. It could be hours, it could be days, it could be weeks. Nobody seems to know. So I'm hanging around waiting and being a general pest trying to find out." Her expression was almost serene and her tone was calm, but she crumbled three cookies to powder while she spoke, unaware of how much of a mess she was making.

Dark Archive

N/A (use male pronouns because that's what the English language assumes) Spellweave Monk1//Magus (spell sword/War Warder)11/scholar 11/abjurant champion5/initiate of the sevenfold veil 7/netherese arcanist 10/magister 6/argent savent 5
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:
Marcell Harmonious wrote:
Zix wrote:

He pauses slightly as says ::I believe you, but in that case, I am going to assign the homework for you of practice what you can already do magically thus far whenever you are unoccupied and read..:: he turns away from him to a small bookshelf behind him and pulls out one of the smaller books ::this book:: he says turning back :: on the theory behind a few simple spells, chapter four is of particular note for you as it contains basic somatic component diagrams for spellcasters of non humanoid body shapes,::

the book contains only a few actual spells and those it has are all of third level or lower, bein a book mostly on magical theory

Marcell nods.

"Uhm..."
marcell looks up at the book, then attempts to mage hand it to her. At least she seems to be getting that down.
"Any idea what's causing this?"

::nothing firm, and it is best to not make guesses before more data arives, that being said I would like to find out if you are also curious, if you would allow me I will place a monitoring spell to notify me of new developments::

if you give him permission he casts status

Marcell nods, not quite sure what that is, but trusting her teacher had her best intentions in mind.

"Yeah, alright."

he casts the mentioned spell ::it should go without saying, but if you find anything on your own or with another's help relating to your current condition, or need help with another matter you may come to me and I will either help or point you to someone more equiped to do so.::


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
"I can take her there and back, if need be," Tam replies, looking up from the video feed of their 'guest' in detention. "But it'll need to be a quick jaunt only - none of us need to be near that thing for very long."
"That should be alright. I only need a few seconds....a minute at the absolute outside. It takes longer to write down what I see than it does to memorize it."

Tamrin stands up and pulls his old duster from the back of his chair. Sliding it on as he walks over, he then prints something from his datapad before stowing the device away.

"Sounds like you don't need any other kit, so let's get going," he says with a nod as he starts to read the spell off of the scrollware.

He'll stop if she does need something, otherwise they're on their way (^-^)


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:


Tamrin stands up and pulls his old duster from the back of his chair. Sliding it on as he walks over, he then prints something from his datapad before stowing the device away.

"Sounds like you don't need any other kit, so let's get going," he says with a nod as he starts to read the spell off of the scrollware.

He'll stop if she does need something, otherwise they're on their way (^-^)

Nope, she's good. :)

They arrive in what appears to be just a normal, ordinary meadow. Except that there is a feeling of wrongness here. The air seems to ripple in strange ways.

"Whoa," she said, eyes going wide as the symbol on her neck starts glowing even brighter than before.


Dave:

Dave hears an unfamiliar voice inside his mind.
"An interesting dilemma you have here....what do you want to do?"


Image
Damiani wrote:

Mech Bay

Finding a sturdy I-beam, or the equivalent, Jeran's armed with a makeshift weapon at least. The biggest issue though, is that it might slow him down due to oddness of shape and length-- especially as more and more of the hanger's floor seems to be filling up with an assortment of the gangways and other 'parts' when salvo after salvo appear to be tearing up a good part of the bay while missing the nimble Lycan.

"You only make the dance more succulent, shifter! Your silence fills me with certainty of your fear too-- why else would you seal away your breath from my gifts?"

It's not immediately clear what the creature animating the Mech is getting at, perhaps some study of extra-planar beings might help, though, the epic battle is causing extensive damage to the hanger.

"Well, that looks expensive." This time the Mech wastes a few shots on storage containers and the like, blowing up extra equipment with ease, using the armaments that take down spaceships.

At one point, an excellent strike is presented, and Jeran's swing with I-beam proves to connect solidly. However, after the strike, it's clear that there's no pain reactions, and these Mechs really are quite armored. The acid struck area seems to have suffered the most, not to mention damage to the paint job and scrapes.

Jeran will notice that either the thing is getting bored with the 'dance', or intends to do as much destruction as possible before any solid conclusion.

"So who made these toys? I have to find the crafter and thank them for the thrill so far. So well crafted, a divine piece of work. Hah!" The voice still impossible to determine detail on the owner.

Jeran darts through the damaged hangar, collecting power cords as he goes, intending to hit the possessed mech with as many of them as possible. It wouldn't destroy it, but it would likely short out a few circuits for at least a minute. It would buy him a little time anyways.

Attempt to hit with live wires: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Rena see if he remembers where or who or when he is. Stuff like that. See if he's all there."

Kevin checks a cabinet in the room and, of course, finds a set of grey sweat pants and shirt with the Avalon Athletic Department logo on them. He hands/tosses them to Rena to give to Tryko'Sam.

With that done, he runs a full bevy of scans the room was built for to determine what's up with Sam.

I trust you can give information, Dami? I'm not sure what all the room is built for, and I'm not as smart as Kevin, so I'm just going to leave it to you to tell us what we should know. :)


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Continuing her roll of wonderful social graces, Archena interjects with

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Followed by

"Oh. Sorry. Wait? They can do that here?"

"I haven't really had any friends besides one, so I guess I don't really know the feeling. I got kind of nervous when she didn't show up for a day or two when she was sick, but outside of that, I don't really know the feeling."

She grabs a waiting room magazine and swipes the crumbs onto it.

"Here, let me get that."


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:

Continuing her roll of wonderful social graces, Archena interjects with

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Followed by

"Oh. Sorry. Wait? They can do that here?"

"I haven't really had any friends besides one, so I guess I don't really know the feeling. I got kind of nervous when she didn't show up for a day or two when she was sick, but outside of that, I don't really know the feeling."

She grabs a waiting room magazine and swipes the crumbs onto it.

"Here, let me get that."

"Oh!" She looked embarrassed as Archena cleaned up the mess she had been making. "Sorry anout that. Nervous habit I guess."

"So...you were pretty isolated on the sun?" she asked, trying to change the subject.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"Ya, I guess you could say that. I saw a lot of people, but a lot of people didn't see me. Really only* Elaine. My parents hired her to take care of me, so they didn't have to. She's really the only person I would call a friend."

She sighs a little, once again reminded that she probably wouldn't see her again.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

what I do is I attempt to make him reveal if he is himself a ring of holy light appears above Dave's head, soothing the good and cowing the evil,
mechanical benefit is a bonus to intimidate against evil aligned people
wait... Who are you... Dave unfurls the scroll and casts protection from evil.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:

"Ya, I guess you could say that. I saw a lot of people, but a lot of people didn't see me. Really only* Elaine. My parents hired her to take care of me, so they didn't have to. She's really the only person I would call a friend."

She sighs a little, once again reminded that she probably wouldn't see her again.

'I can't say I understand exactly, but I understand a little. Growing up there were large amounts of time when I saw more of my mother's chamberlain than I did of my mother. Your Elaine sounds a great deal nicer than my mother's chamberlain though," she said with a shrug. "So I'm assuming Elaine is a good deal older than you?"


David.De'Foul wrote:

what I do is I attempt to make him reveal if he is himself a ring of holy light appears above Dave's head, soothing the good and cowing the evil,

mechanical benefit is a bonus to intimidate against evil aligned people
wait... Who are you... Dave unfurls the scroll and casts protection from evil.

::I didn't ask what you were going to do.....I asked what you wanted to do. And I am....an ally of sorts. Presuming you accept my offer. And I think you will. You've never been able to pass up an opportunity to better yourself.::


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
HRMS-XI "Hermes" wrote:

Hermes takes a slightly more firm grip on Arthur's shoulder and repeats the speech, tapping on his headphones if neccesary.

He adds:

"Sir, I should remind you that working to music is normally effective in solitary situations, but in a group setting, the value of communication outweighs that of a possible increase in efficiency with the addition of music."

Arthur puts the headphones around his neck so he can hear "hmm Wah? Oh right, when did the food get here"

"15 minutes ago, Sir. As per disturbance protocol."

He hands Arthur a plate of the things he ranked on the higher end of his favorites that were present, but also several "healthy" choices, Hermes is required to present him with.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"Uh. Not that much older, actually. Let me see."

She closes her eyes and does math in the air with her finger.

"Her hatching day is in February of... and mine is June of... so she's... twenty.... seven. I'm fifteen, so she's... twelve years older than me? Ya. Twelve. Not a whole whole lot. She's not, like fifty something and old like my parents' friends."


Isolab X

Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Rena see if he remembers where or who or when he is. Stuff like that. See if he's all there."

Kevin checks a cabinet in the room and, of course, finds a set of grey sweat pants and shirt with the Avalon Athletic Department logo on them. He hands/tosses them to Rena to give to Tryko'Sam.

With that done, he runs a full bevy of scans the room was built for to determine what's up with Sam.

I trust you can give information, Dami? I'm not sure what all the room is built for, and I'm not as smart as Kevin, so I'm just going to leave it to you to tell us what we should know. :)

Triggering the scanning devices, and watching the display of data that starts to pour of out the probes, the immediate information is presented:


  • young
  • perfect health
  • male
  • human
  • near match to prior scan of individual named 'Tryko'Sam'

In fact, with a quick glance, it's an exact match for the most part, given what's been at a top level, looked at. Kevin would know that the full bevy of scans will take some time-- but at the top level, it's Tryko'Sam per records of same.

David's Ring of Holy Light manifests and Tryko'Sam raises a hand to shield his eyes against the brightness, cowering further into the 'corner' he's current in, covered by Rena's wings, looking more like a rabid humanoid animal at this point. There's a perplexed look in Tryko'Sam's eyes at the sudden bright light.

Foul, I'm sending you a PM with a question on the ability used. Please read and reply when able. Thanks! Plus I have no idea who you cast that Scroll affect upon.

The shadow of Rena falling upon Trkyo'Sam in front of her, gets used along with hand to block such illumination. He hasn't replied to any verbal speak, other than to look at whomever is making sound with a glance.


Mech Bay

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran darts through the damaged hangar, collecting power cords as he goes, intending to hit the possessed mech with as many of them as possible. It wouldn't destroy it, but it would likely short out a few circuits for at least a minute. It would buy him a little time anyways....

Jeran's flips around and dodges more barrages of auto-cannon, a few stray bits of metal or similar ripping past him as he deftly dodges and weaves-- though, he is well aware that the area of dancing is shrinking, due to environmental hazards. A fire here and there, ground slicked by liquids that have poured out from the Mech, and broken catwalk and other twisted metal frames.

So far, though, no rips in the suit and his self-contained breathing works just fine. The damage physically to the Mech doesn't appear to be stopping it's motion, but destroying systems on it (weaponry, sensors and such) do appear to destroy those parts-- but, this possessed Mech is animated by the power of the thing within, and as the ammo fails, resorting to physical attacks. The generators built into the Mech never really came online, which suggests the possession doesn't extend past the frame/main body.

Then, Jeran would notice and realize, that this possessed shape is breaking the rules of metal-- one of it's arms, in a backward, twisted attempt to smash Jeran, completely shifts and bends, turning almost liquid in appearance, swinging and nearly striking him out of surprise and due to the small vehicle sized fist.

"This is growing tiresome, shifter... you're stalling knowing you cannot stop me. You hope your friends will bring help? In the end, you will die-- and die alone, as everyone does, succumb to the inevitable." A nearly tangible wave of doubt rushes out, attempting to over ride any sense of survival... and can probably be resisted, if one's will is strong enough.

Just for laughs, try to resist a DC30 Will check. Fear based. You have a +4 divine bonus though, due to support.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

::What I want to do right now is save everyone, make sure that none of my friends are possessed or hurt, and kick demon ass, standard hero package,:: he projects with an edge of sarcasm ::as to any offers, I make a point to not accept any deals with someone who won't show their face, and to read the fine print on any deals with anyone who will show their face, I don't care if your some kind of higher power beyond the keen of man I'm not an idiot, nor anyone's pawn,::


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Raelle del Sol wrote:

They arrive in what appears to be just a normal, ordinary meadow. Except that there is a feeling of wrongness here. The air seems to ripple in strange ways.

"Whoa," she said, eyes going wide as the symbol on her neck starts glowing even brighter than before.

"Yeaaaaaaaahhh.........." Tamrin intones as he scans the area.

"C'mon Raelle - less 'Whoa' and more 'Go'" he says to her as he prepares and holds another spell in reserve. ;)


David.De'Foul wrote:
::What I want to do right now is save everyone, make sure that none of my friends are possessed or hurt, and kick demon ass, standard hero package,:: he projects with an edge of sarcasm ::as to any offers, I make a point to not accept any deals with someone who won't show their face, and to read the fine print on any deals with anyone who will show their face, I don't care if your some kind of higher power beyond the keen of man I'm not an idiot, nor anyone's pawn,::

Dave:

Dave hears an audible sigh as he finds himself in a large, well-appointed room. There was gilt everywhere and the walls were lined with mirrors.
"I don't generally bother with physical form. I find it...cumbersome. Unlike most of my ....colleagues will do, I suppose, as words go. They seem to find the idea amusing."
An exact replica of Dave appears in front of him. "This is a face you can trust, I presume?"


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

They arrive in what appears to be just a normal, ordinary meadow. Except that there is a feeling of wrongness here. The air seems to ripple in strange ways.

"Whoa," she said, eyes going wide as the symbol on her neck starts glowing even brighter than before.

"Yeaaaaaaaahhh.........." Tamrin intones as he scans the area.

"C'mon Raelle - less 'Whoa' and more 'Go'" he says to her as he prepares and holds another spell in reserve. ;)

"Just a sec....there's a complicated bit in the center," she muttered, her fingers twitching as if she were tracing symbols as she stared at the rift. The glowing tattoo on her neck was starting to develop a red tinge.

"Okay, that's it. I've got it," she said confidently.


Image
Damiani wrote:

Mech Bay

Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran darts through the damaged hangar, collecting power cords as he goes, intending to hit the possessed mech with as many of them as possible. It wouldn't destroy it, but it would likely short out a few circuits for at least a minute. It would buy him a little time anyways....

Jeran's flips around and dodges more barrages of auto-cannon, a few stray bits of metal or similar ripping past him as he deftly dodges and weaves-- though, he is well aware that the area of dancing is shrinking, due to environmental hazards. A fire here and there, ground slicked by liquids that have poured out from the Mech, and broken catwalk and other twisted metal frames.

So far, though, no rips in the suit and his self-contained breathing works just fine. The damage physically to the Mech doesn't appear to be stopping it's motion, but destroying systems on it (weaponry, sensors and such) do appear to destroy those parts-- but, this possessed Mech is animated by the power of the thing within, and as the ammo fails, resorting to physical attacks. The generators built into the Mech never really came online, which suggests the possession doesn't extend past the frame/main body.

Then, Jeran would notice and realize, that this possessed shape is breaking the rules of metal-- one of it's arms, in a backward, twisted attempt to smash Jeran, completely shifts and bends, turning almost liquid in appearance, swinging and nearly striking him out of surprise and due to the small vehicle sized fist.

"This is growing tiresome, shifter... you're stalling knowing you cannot stop me. You hope your friends will bring help? In the end, you will die-- and die alone, as everyone does, succumb to the inevitable." A nearly tangible wave of doubt rushes out, attempting to over ride any sense of survival... and can probably be resisted, if one's will is strong enough.

Just for laughs, try to resist a DC30 Will check. Fear based. You have a +4 divine bonus though,...

Will save vs fear: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40

"I've heard that kind of trash before. I'm still here. And I'm still fighting," he added, swinging at it with the beam again. He knew it wouldn't do any real damage, but it would diret its attacks in a particular direction. It was only a matter of time before this thing brought the ceiling down. He wasn't a big fan of being buried alive, but if it kept this thing contained....and there didn't seem to be many other options.
Jeran is trying to lead the thing around the room, getting it to damage the supports.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Raelle del Sol wrote:

"Just a sec....there's a complicated bit in the center," she muttered, her fingers twitching as if she were tracing symbols as she stared at the rift. The glowing tattoo on her neck was starting to develop a red tinge.

"Okay, that's it. I've got it," she said confidently.

"Music to my ears," he says as he backs the two of them several yards away from the tear, then fires his spell and brings them back to the lab.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Archena Surya wrote:

"Uh. Not that much older, actually. Let me see."

She closes her eyes and does math in the air with her finger.

"Her hatching day is in February of... and mine is June of... so she's... twenty.... seven. I'm fifteen, so she's... twelve years older than me? Ya. Twelve. Not a whole whole lot. She's not, like fifty something and old like my parents' friends."

Tamina laughed. "That's a new one. I think I expected that your people would have attitudes towards age more similar to mine, given how long-lived you are. But I suppose the way you race through childhood and adolescence leaves its mark as well. No, twelve years is hardly a large age gap, you're right. Though I do wonder how you can tell the difference between the newly mature and those you refer to as old. I got tripped up over that pretty badly the first time my firebird friend introduced me to her parents. I know how to figure it out when I'm among other elves, but I still can't quite figure it out with firebirds. How can you tell the difference between someone who is just twenty and someone who is two hundred?" she asked, curious.


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Tamrin - Gunslinger of Tomorrow wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

"Just a sec....there's a complicated bit in the center," she muttered, her fingers twitching as if she were tracing symbols as she stared at the rift. The glowing tattoo on her neck was starting to develop a red tinge.

"Okay, that's it. I've got it," she said confidently.
"Music to my ears," he says as he backs the two of them several yards away from the tear, then fires his spell and brings them back to the lab.

Raelle takes a few seconds to readjust to the change in surroundings. And then she pulls out a smokestick.

"Can someone please light this for me? And get ready to record this. I can only hold this in my head for so long, so I think you've only got this one shot at getting the information. Melody, I'm gonna use that notation system you showed me. It'll be easier," she said, using all of her willpower to keep it together. Holding this equation in her mind felt like she was being ripped apart from the inside. The symbol on her neck was becoming more red by the second.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Hermes, record" Arthur commands as he produces a torch from the tip of his finger.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
narrator wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
::What I want to do right now is save everyone, make sure that none of my friends are possessed or hurt, and kick demon ass, standard hero package,:: he projects with an edge of sarcasm ::as to any offers, I make a point to not accept any deals with someone who won't show their face, and to read the fine print on any deals with anyone who will show their face, I don't care if your some kind of higher power beyond the keen of man I'm not an idiot, nor anyone's pawn,::
** spoiler omitted **

Dave frowns "I guess expecting more from one without a true form, one question before we begin, do the others know that I'm gone, or is this one of those situations where I could spend an hour in here and like three seconds have passed outside."

Once that question is answered he nods and moves on saying, "now then I believe an offer was mentioned..."


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Hermes, record" Arthur commands as he produces a torch from the tip of his finger.

"Thanks," she said as smoke began to pour out of the lit smokestick. As soon as it did, she shaped it, using the smoke to create a visual mathematical model of the rift. Although to anyone but Melody it just looks like a lot of circles and lines, trailing around each other in an increasingly snarled looking pattern that resembled nothing so much as a child's scribbled drawing.

"This is the data you were missing. And here," she said, highlighting a section near the center in red "is your interference pattern. It really is. You were right about that," she added.

The tattoo on her neck was glowing a brilliant red now and blood was starting to drip from her nose. The spent smokestick dropped from her hand.

"I don't feel so good....I think I need to lie down for a min-" she started to say right before she passed out.


David.De'Foul wrote:
narrator wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
::What I want to do right now is save everyone, make sure that none of my friends are possessed or hurt, and kick demon ass, standard hero package,:: he projects with an edge of sarcasm ::as to any offers, I make a point to not accept any deals with someone who won't show their face, and to read the fine print on any deals with anyone who will show their face, I don't care if your some kind of higher power beyond the keen of man I'm not an idiot, nor anyone's pawn,::
** spoiler omitted **

Dave frowns "I guess expecting more from one without a true form, one question before we begin, do the others know that I'm gone, or is this one of those situations where I could spend an hour in here and like three seconds have passed outside."

Once that question is answered he nods and moves on saying, "now then I believe an offer was mentioned..."

Dave:

"They'll never even know you were gone. This entire conversation takes less time than it does to blink."
"Straight to the point. I knew I liked you. I've been helping you already, you know. You need me, whether you like to admit it or not. And you do such an excellent job of representing my best features, I must say. That's why I want you to become my Champion. It's not an easy job, but it does come with certain perks....like the ability to teleport without error anywhere in the universe....you can't take anyone with you, of course, but it would certainly allow you to play the hero and join the fight against the big machine like you want to. And there are other benefits as well. I am offering you the power to do exactly what you want to do anyways. The catch, I suppose, is that it is a lifelong commitment. And it does come with certain obligations. Mostly just to increase my influence in the universe at large. I deserve greater recognition, after all. It's in yuor best interest to say yes."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Great, now could someone translate that into common, empirical or axis standard notation?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave frowns "it seems you know an awful lot about me, whereas I don't even know your name, just who am I dealing with here, what do you mean that you've already helped me, and I want more details on the obligations"


David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave frowns "it seems you know an awful lot about me, whereas I don't even know your name, just who am I dealing with here, what do you mean that you've already helped me, and I want more details on the obligations"

"David, I'm insulted. Really. How could you not know who I am? I'm Pride of course. Sometimes referred to as Hubris by those who just don't understand. While that is a small portion of my work, it's certainly not fair to limit it to just that one narrow vision. What about the pride of a job well done? Or national pride? I can be so many different things to so many different people....they just don't properly appreciate how much I do for them. Pride goeth before a fall indeed," he said with withering sarcasm. "If I ever get my hands on the yahoo who came up with that little gem....I would love to shake his hand. No such thing as bad publicity, amiright? So whaddaya say, Dave? Can I call you Dave? Well, of course I can! I just did!"


Mech Bay

Jeran, the Nimble I-Beam Wielder wrote:

Will save vs fear: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40

"I've heard that kind of trash before. I'm still here. And I'm still fighting," he added, swinging at it with the beam again. He knew it wouldn't do any real damage, but it would diret its attacks in a particular direction. It was only a matter of time before this thing brought the ceiling down. He wasn't a big fan of being buried alive, but if it kept this thing contained....and there didn't seem to be many other options.

Jeran is trying to lead the thing around the room, getting it to damage the supports.

"Silly shifter, though your strength of resolve is commendable, all things break apart in the maw of destruction-- change is more ancient than you suspect, or know. But, you don't care. Ignore me. That's fine. I'm having a great time here-- all this destruction gets me hot and bothered. It seems to be self-healing too! just like your friend was. He got boring though. Something not right about that one. Doesn't matter now though-- he's been broken as best I can." The mechanical chuckle that issues from the Mech is haunting and inhuman. All radio attempts to communicate having stopped a few rounds ago.

There's another few more rounds and barrages of the auto-cannon, large holes in the walls and more columns breaking-- Jeran's goal of helping bringing down the roof seems to be in progress.

With a few more well placed attacks, or dodges, he could cause the roof to fall. The Sigils are getting rather ...damaged, though. Much of the smooth surfaces have been destroyed at this point in one form or another.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

David takes a half step back in suprise possibly insane, divine or quasi divine being, tread with care "you ah, still haven't answered my final two questions"
just to be clear, true seeing reveals nothing? I assume that's the case, but I like to be certain


David.De'Foul wrote:

David takes a half step back in suprise possibly insane, divine or quasi divine being, tread with care "you ah, still haven't answered my final two questions"

just to be clear, true seeing reveals nothing? I assume that's the case, but I like to be certain

As far as true seeing is concerned, you see nothing other than what I've already described.

"David, you wound me! You really do! That you even have to ask! I've been nothing but helpful to you all these years....pushing you to become the best, giving you that little extra nudge when you weren't sure you could do it, keeping you from curling up into a little ball of hurt feelings more times that you'd like to count.....Come on! What's not to like? Admit it, I'm your favorite. You know it's true. And you can be even more amazing with my help. All you have to do is say those two little words. I. Accept. See? That's not so hard to say, is it? I mean, it's only a lifetime of service. Geez. You'd think I was asking for a long-term commitment or something."


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

"Yes Sir."

Hermes focuses is on the schematic and there's a faint hum as he burns info to a data crystal in his chest.

When she is finished he blanks out for a moment to initialize the information.

Raelle falls directly past him to the floor. Even someone with bad reflexes could've caught her. Hermes, however, lets her fall past as he stares into space.

Right after she falls, shutters over his eyes "blink" and he straightens and looks around for a moment before looking down to Raelle at his feet.

"Why is Ms. Del Sol on the floor?"

He doesn't move to pick her up, just staring at her for a moment.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave is suddenly more nervous at the being's claims but the notion of power granted by the being was hard to resist, he opens his mouth to grab at the offer when he slams his jaw down, incidentally biting off the tip of his tongue, as he remembers something "you just said though that there would be a long term comitment, lifelong was the word you used"


David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave is suddenly more nervous at the being's claims but the notion of power granted by the being was hard to resist, he opens his mouth to grab at the offer when he slams his jaw down, incidentally biting off the tip of his tongue, as he remembers something "you just said though that there would be a long term comitment, lifelong was the word you used"

"Pfft. Mortals! Sure, it may seem like a long time to you, but your puny little lifetimes are barely a drop in the bucket. It's almost not worth the trouble of training you. I'll have to pick a new one so soon....but, what they hey! Where's the fun in life if you never take any risks, huh? You gotta have vision! And backup plans, but that goes without saying. Come on, kid, the suspense is killing me here. Metaphorically speaking, of course. What's it gonna be? You gonna accept the honor or what? This is a once in a lifetime chance at greatness, you know!"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave decides he's more amused than angered by the man "as soon as you tell me what it is I would have to do, then probably"


David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave decides he's more amused than angered by the man "as soon as you tell me what it is I would have to do, then probably"

Dave's doppelganger draped an arm across Dave's shoulders. "You drive a hard bargain, kid. I like that about you. You know what you're worth. Well, of course you do! I wouldn't have picked you if you weren't already aligned with my core values. That's the most important part of the job. It's not too onerous. Well, except for the occassional assassinations, but hey, we haven't had one of those in like two whole years! And it was a couple hundred years before that. Incidentally, stay clear of Light and Hope. They're in their homicidal phase. Also Time. Well, Time's complicated. And totally nuts. Anyways, as long as you steer clear of those, you probably won't die young. Well, the giant robot might kill you. Or that undead thing you're all hot and bothered about. But we're not technically at war with any of my colleagues right now, and I aim to keep it that way. Probably. If that happens you'll have to fight as my representative of course. But really, most of the time you just do what you want to do anyways. I'm not like that psycho Kronos....I don't need to manage your life down to the tiniest details. I'm way better than that, and of course I only pick the best! So you see, it's in your best interest. Extra power for just a little bit of work now and again! Just like me, it's practically too good to be true!" he finished with a wide grin.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"What's our relationship with... Mercy?"


David.De'Foul wrote:
"What's our relationship with... Mercy?"

"Mercy? Pretty neutral really. Nothing against Mercy, mind you, but she's been out of touch for a while. Never really had any alliances there or anything....now there's an idea. Can never have too many friends, amiright? While you're at it, see if you can get an alliance with Luck too. She's jumped back into the game a bit more quickly than Mercy, but she always has had a mercurial disposition. She's already got an alliance with Deception....another possible useful connection. Basically outside of the three I mentioned earlier, try to make as many friends as possible. Except not Madness. He's tame for now, but I'm still angry at him for killing my last Champion. That was just rude, you know? So we're not friends with Madness. Other than that, go nuts."

"So.....can I take this as your official acceptance?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

His last major concern out of the way, David grins hungerly "yes indeed you can" a thought then comes to him a tad late and he quickly says "Uh, though I would appriciate knowing things that would be required for the job, things like who are the other champions I'm supposed to be makeing friends with, and any way I might.. Loose this power, you implied dieing was one way..."


David.De'Foul wrote:
His last major concern out of the way, David grins hungerly "yes indeed you can" a thought then comes to him a tad late and he quickly says "Uh, though I would appriciate knowing things that would be required for the job, things like who are the other champions I'm supposed to be makeing friends with, and any way I might.. Loose this power, you implied dieing was one way..."

"Dying or becoming immortal are the only ways out of our arrangement now. I wouldn't recommend the second route. It's only ever been done twice. And neither of those guys were exactly right upstairs. Dying is the more common way. Depressingly common lately. Hope and Light both lost Champions that way. Pretty much goaded them into it so they could pick newer, meaner models. Of course, it shouldn't count since the one came back and the other....well, suffice it to say that in a contest to see which of us is best, I'm sorry to tell you, but we're all a bunch of awful cheaters. Except me of course. I don't need to cheat. I'm already the best! Er, but that doesn't mean we can't get creative with the rules sometimes. Not the same thing at all....Moving on! You had another question!

Right, how to recognize other Champions....well, it's usually pretty easy. You'll know them when you see them. And vice versa. Except maybe Deception's Champion....he can mask his aura and he's taught some of his friends to do the same. So it might take some investigative work....but I'm sure you're up for the task! That's why I picked you! Now go get 'em, tiger!"

And with that Dave was back in the isolab.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

adon had just finished eating. At this point, it would honestly be quite possible to mistake him for one of the dragons, having eaten impossible amounts of food in one meal, beofre he causally heads off towords his next class.


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

Tarka, in all honestly, had forgotten what she was doing, and is currently rapidly shifting about, here and there, on this and that. She's on her best behavior, though, not covering things with sticky glitter as she moves about. That is good behavior, right?


Male Sapphire Dragon
Zix wrote:
he casts the mentioned spell ::it should go without saying, but if you find anything on your own or with another's help relating to your current condition, or need help with another matter you may come to me and I will either help or point you to someone more equiped to do so.::

Marcell nods, then heads out the door, beginning to make her way to her next class, knowing she has to hurry, as gettign anywhere takes forever like this.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

David blinks as he is suddenly deposited back where he was, and he takes in his surroundings, nothing appeared to have changed though he did feel a weight on his head that was not there before. he looks up at the weight and finds the glint of an ornate crown on top of his head. he looks down at himself as he begins to feel a strange tingling throughout himself, before suddenly a golden glow flashes brilliantly out of him, forming into an aura of power visible only to him. he stares at his hand and the power poring off of it dang, this feels... good... really good..

72,251 to 72,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1441 | 1442 | 1443 | 1444 | 1445 | 1446 | 1447 | 1448 | 1449 | 1450 | 1451 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.