GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,651 to 10,700 of 10,742 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>

Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi births another babau, who appears down the tunnel at the crossroads, while waiting for the dwarf to bolt by, so he can Enlarge Otah for what is to come. Amiamble musters the Scourge for the next leg of the infiltration, ever vigilant for the invisible agents surely waiting around every corner. Otah rejoins the boys, passing through the Wall of Fire, unscathed. Aldebert also gallops towards certain conflict, taking the wave of fire in stride.

Wall o Fire Damage, Aldebert Only: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 1) + 15 = 20

Mahdi:

You summon me, for this?! Where are the meat sacks?? You want me to bleed the halflings? There's a couple of genie glittering over there... as well as two fahking huge horses...

The babau looks back down the tunnel, and waits, wringing the spear in its bony hands.

Round 7
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 22
Mahdi-21
Bey- 17 (-232hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-58 Fire)
Sallies- 8
Janni- 8 (-14hp, -62hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 8 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 7, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 122/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 6 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert rushes forward, using hasted speed to move up a bit toward the giant horsies. Calming Gretiem, he casts Mirror Image (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6) on himself, spinning up some protection for what’s to come.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"The genies, then!" Mahdi calls to his crude servitor. "Definitely not the halflings. What do you mean... horses?"

Curious despite himself, Mahdi does not yet zip around the corner to see who or what horses might be. "My summoned devil says there are two.... very large horses."

Assuming the delay-->enlarge person has gone off, then. Posting hurriedly from work, will post my actual actions when I get home in an hour or so


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Or I get home and fall asleep and don't post for four hours. Or that.

Mahdi irritably decides to see for himself what the 'horses' are, zipping into position to see into the room beyond, taking care to stay well up in the air.

Kn Planes (I assume?) on the new neigh-bors: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

"--those ARE very large horses. Well, actually, they are--"

The wizard rattles off some terms. I'd prioritize DR and special attacks, I suppose, plus anything else I could get.

Quickly surveying the battlefield, Mahdi halts the babau's immediate advance with one gesture, then begins to chant words of a brittle, terse language, unlike his frequent Ignan cursing. As he finishes his spell, a blue-white orb appears glittering at his fingertips, then streaks forward in space-- melting from the cavern's heat even as it goes-- but landing with chilling effect.

Casting freezing sphere, it should be able to hit both the horse dudes and the three other baddies since the radius is huge, but I should easily be able to not hit Aldebert with it. All baddies must make a DC 27 Reflex for half damage:

So Cold: 14d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 4, 2, 2, 6, 3, 4, 6, 5, 2, 5, 3) = 53

Mahdi looks briefly pleased with himself for managing the foreign ice magic, then he resumes his orders to the babau, switching back to Draconic to give his commands.

"Teleport into the midst of the genies and start slaughtering them," The babau perhaps rolls eyes but cannot do other than obey.

Babau will just use its greater teleport and cannot attack this turn, but I moved it on the map


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

+1 and a ::wince:: for ‘neigh-bors’, that’s awful, but delightful.

Round 7, Init 27

Ami and Yeen race to catch up with Aldebert, moving once and taking total defense.

”Oh...there are horses, Brother. Fire horses.” Ami whispers from cat back.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

hay, it's the least I could do


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 7, Init 13

Pent swooshes on Carpeted air, just far enough to spy the enormous equines. He debates a little more healing, but really feels compelled to get the Sarahtar back in the mix, before it needs must return to its celestial plane.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 force damage

He fiddles with his Rod, and waits to see how aggressively the horses will engage them newcomers.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble, Otah GMPC, and Aldebert all enter the next cavernous chamber again, 30' high, while Mahdi and Pent do likewise, to lay eyes on the next impediment to their exploration of Xotani's Grave. The halfling becomes myriad, the dwarf becomes biggified, and the fire mage switches teams for an icy instant.

It becomes obvious to everyone that every one of the fiery foes resists the cold to some extent, much like the salamanders brushing off Zenzirad's cold-based attacks.

Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Mahdi regales you with clinical precision the nature of your neigh-bors. They are Cauchemar Nightmares, neutrally evil things, summoned from Hell itself. Aside from the Grave-granted resistance to cold, these creatures breathe Smoke from their huge nostrils, which can... Oh, look!!

As Mahdi explains, you witness the horses simultaneously exhale conical billows of Said Smoke, which extend outwards 15', making them harder to see at the moment. They don't immediately react to your presence, only look malevolently upon you.

That's not the case with the janni.

The rearguard unleash on the babau recently blipped into their midst.

C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage
C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage

C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage
C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage

C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage
C. Longbow, B: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage

They only miss the demon once.

Four more janni captains reveal themselves from two different rear directions, though only two take shots at the very visible Mahdi.

C. Longbow, M: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 damage
C. Longbow, M: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 for 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 damage

I think the Smoke will prevent any Charges, but if you feel frisky, you can roll a Fortitude Save DC 22 to pass through the Smoke. Failure, and you succumb to Sickened for 1d6 ⇒ 6 rounds.

Round 8
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged)
Mahdi-21 (-26hp)
Babeau- 21 (-45hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-58 Fire)
Cauchemars- 10 (-23hp, -23hp)
Janni- 8 (-14hp, -62hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 7 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

(I assume the janni weapons are neither cold iron nor good-aligned? If so, the babau has taken minimal damage, due to DR 10. By my count, none of that damage got through (only the 12 damage would have overcome DR, but the 14 to hit misses). If the janni are in fact using cold iron, or blessed, weapons, then I shall revise accordingly. Also, do the janni archers attacking the babau have the feat "point blank master"? If not, the arrows of the closer two are likely provoking (it has reach thanks to its longspear). I'll roll attacks of opportunity for the babau, if for some reason they are not needed please ignore.) (Babau has combat reflexes.))

Attack of opportunity #1, vs northjanni: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Attack of opportunity #2, vs northjanni: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

....gonna assume those miss, so never mind aaaaall I just said. Except for the DR. That part still matters. ;)

The smoke erupts over the battlefield, just as Mahdi's face falls into a sort of comic shock/anger over his enemies being RESISTANT somehow to COLD. All his WORK learning FROST MAGICS?!!?!? All his MIGRAINES-- for NOTHING?

"DAMN IT," the mage snaps, shortly before he gets perforated with more arrows. "GYAH! DEMON, KILL SOME OF THOSE JANN!"

While it can't be seen with the smoke in play, the babau needs no real encouragement to set to.

Babau is spearing twice at northjann, then 5-ft stepping between them, in order to keep them threatened with both melee bite and the reach of the spear

Babau vs northjann attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Babau vs northjann attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"IF anyone would care to wipe out the janni behind us feel free, I am getting TIRED of getting SHOT," Mahdi hisses, wrenching forth a bloodied arrow and tossing it into the lava below to be obliterated. He sketches a quick symbol with one finger, and disappears from sight. Vanish, then moving, and updating my hp line since it wasn't accurate after ami's Heal


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah Picked up a Goz mask.

The dwarf moves forward, using attacking the closest Nightmare with Zenzirad. He uses the obscuring smoke to defend against the ranged attackers, but it doesn't seem to hinder his attacks. Rapid Attack

Forgo first attack here
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, big, Sick: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 = 35 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, big,Sick: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 35 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, big, Sick: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 25 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 3 - 2 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Forgot the save
Fortitude Save vs Sickening Smoke (22): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18

Sickened:1/6


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 8, Init 27

Seeing Mahdi spontaneously teem with arrows, Ami spins Yeen around to deal with the south archers.

Attacking the one to the map's right.
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 38 to hit; (bite,feast,+haste,+DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 29 Grapple

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 8, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 122/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 6 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

With Otah moving up and Amiamble moving back, Aldebert is torn as to which way to go. "Go get 'em brother!"

He decides to brave the smoke as he assuredly draws an AoO as he closes and attacks! (No charge)

(I think Life Bubble makes us all immune to the smoke... but let me know if you need saves anyway.)

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 2 = 34 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 20 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16

(6 mirror images)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

(Oh, yeah, it should, thanks for catching that, Aldebert)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Thanks for that, I forgot it was on all of us.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 8, Init 13

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, Invisible

Pent panics a little as a couple of arrows find their way suddenly into Mahdi's meat. He instantly remembers that he's currently invisible, so fails to figure into the jannis' judgment. He watches to see if the Sarahtar does anything substantial against the horse first, before he chooses his next course of action.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Pent decides to sidle up to the now-Vanished Mahdi, and lay out some of Sarah's stitching.

Channel Positive Energy: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 4, 4, 3, 3) = 19

The gnome wants to whisper words of wisdom to the fire mage, but he decides to decline, for fear that his voice will trigger the unwanted attentions of the archers.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen breezes around the bend to confront the pair of archers visible to all, just managing to grapple. Otah wades in to battle one of the horses, the nightmare's nostril smoke failing to impede the dwarf in the slightest. He hits twice of three swings of Zenzirad. Goz Mask FTW!

Mahdi commands his babau into further bloodshed against the janni captains at the rear, while himself avoiding further bloodshed, by vanishing from the southern archers' sight.

True on all counts, Mahdi. Their arrows aren't cold iron, and they don't appear to have the Point Blank Master feat.

Pent pushes the Sarahtar to assist in the slaughter of horses, while healing the fire mage of his arrow wounds. Aldebert takes to the nightmare, without any worry of inhalation distress, though the smoke may have thrown off Gretiem, who misses in his attack though not from the Concealment.

Concealment Miss Chance, High Good, Al: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Concealment Miss Chance, High Good, G: 1d100 ⇒ 34

Aldebert is correct- the Life Bubble is reducing the cauchemar's Smoke to mere Concealment, no Sickening.

The cauchemars show their contempt for being attacked by returning fire, one against Otah, the other against Aldebert. Their powerful neighs resound throughout the cavern.

Bite Attack, O: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33 for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14 damage
Hoof Attack, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 for 2d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 + (1) = 10 damage, including Fire
Hoof Attack, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 for 2d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 + (2) = 10 damage, including Fire

The fiery hoof that lands on the dwarf's forehead doesn't seem to injure Otah by the fiery bit.

Bite Attack, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 = 20 damage
Miss Chance, 1 hits: 1d7 ⇒ 1
Hoof Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 for 2d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 + (2) = 10 damage, including Fire
Hoof Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 for 2d6 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 + (5) = 19 damage, including Fire
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 damage
Miss Chance, 1 hits: 1d7 ⇒ 6

The one image of Aldebert which isn't mirror takes a strong thump to his armored chest, while one of the images is shorn from the halfling rider.

The janni contingents press their attacks as best they can.

From the rear, Yeen receives the full attention of all janni captains. Two new janni reveal themselves in the arrows they launch.

Composite Longbow, Y: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 4 = 32 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 4 = 27 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage

Composite Longbow, Y: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 4 = 27 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage

The jannis adjacent pull melee weapons to address Yeen in proximity. The one outside of grapple takes his time tucking away his bow, before drawing a scimitar. The grappled one pulls a dagger, and takes a dig. Or at least tries to.

Dagger, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage

Meanwhile, the northern janni captains adjust their tactics to deal with the demon among them. The two nearest the demon step back, and weave hands to cast spells.

Cast Defensively v DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Cast Defensively v DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

The third janni follows suit, then circles the babau. All janni have Enlarged themselves.

Round 9
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire, Yeen -7hp)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged, -22hp)
Mahdi-21 (-26hp)
Babeau- 21
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-20hp, -58 Fire, 5 images)
Cauchemars- 10 (-94hp, -45hp)
Janni- 8 (-14hp, -62hp, -23hp, -35hp, -37hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 6 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 9, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 102/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 5 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert takes a hit, but watches a much more damaging blow take out an image. That was lucky! he thinks to himself as he slides up a bit (5’ step), and weighs in on the giant clip-clop.

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 20 + 2 = 28 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 2 = 36 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
critthreat Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 = 19 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
hasted Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 2 = 37 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 = 32 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14
hasted Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 2 = 37 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15
critthreat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 = 35 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12

He laughs as Gretiem takes a big bite out of it and he pats him on the flank, "Good show there Gretiem! Good show!"

(5 mirror images)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

The babau hisses slightly at the enlarged janni, but continues to strike with his spear. "Jussst makes you easier to hit, geniesss," the evil creature sneers.

Vs North janni, #1, spear: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Vs North janni, #2, spear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Vs North janni, #3, bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The babau follows the spear attacks with a short step to snap once with its jaws at the janni, but it misses other than one solid strike.

Mahdi, meanwhile, considers his options. He gingerly wips invisible blood off his invisible skin away from an invisible wound that is nearly healed, thanks to Pent. "Thank you," he sniffs at the gnome, in a low tone. "Give me a moment and I'll give those other archers something to worry about." His speech then segues into more chanting.

(Starting another full-round summons)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 9, Init 27

Yeen tears and rips and rakes at the thing in his mouth until it is dead, taking on the next near foe if it dies from bites and rake. Biting and raking the one he has in mouth first, clawing if necessary, then biting/grappling next if the first one falls.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 39 CMD to maintain grapple.
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 34 to hit; (bite,feast,+haste,+DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage

Rake:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 34 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 44 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 38 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 34 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 40 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 damage
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 43 CMD to grapple.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 9, Init 13

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, Invisible

Pent debates his next gnomy actions. He's got several hostiles to the north, but the babau seems to have the three nowly-large jannis occupied. Otah's got his horse, and Aldebert's got his. Yeen seems intent on flensing his embraced rat janni, which leaves himself wondering about the two janni suddenly sending arrows towards the great cat, and somehow managing to hit it, for all the half's protections.

Given the openness of the tunnels, and pretty sure they'll be seeing more moles working their way towards the sounds of their success, the gnome makes up his mind.

"Alright, Sarah, we could use a little more support here. Really shore up the battle lines criss-crossing us like a cross-eyed spider. A little help, please?"

Cast Spiritual Ally

A mere hiccup later, and another Sarahtar appears! This Blade has a different color, opalescent swirling light reflecting a heightened spirituality worthy of the Dawnflower Herself.

"OOooOOooOO!! Mystmorning!! You are a sight for all eyes!! Please introduce Yourself to those two wretched archers. We're suffering on pins and needles."

So begins a tandem effort on the part of the gnome's spiritual weaponry.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage
Sarahtar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage

Mystmorning: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage
Mystmorning: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage

The gnome looks quite pleased with himself, arms crossed, big grin on his whiskered face, though the Rod's blessing of Invisibility prevents all but the babau and Mahdi from appreciating it.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Neat spiritual ally.

Otah shifts slightly closer to the rest of the battle, while Zenzirad continues to strike at the fiery horse in front of him.

Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 25
Darn for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 26 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 38 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 18 for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen finishes one janni captain off, before snaring the other. Otah brings down his nightmare, while Mahdi enters another meditative state, seeking a summons, while his demon injures the large janni to his north. Pent summons his own Ally, who misses handily, while the Sarahtar casually nicks the nare of the mare. Aldebert and steed lean into the large horse, mirroring the dwarf's success. Both cauchemars collapse to the cavern floor, dead.

Mahdi:

You witness two efreeti working their way into the cavern at the northern tunnel entrance. They seem to be considering the babau first, but when the cauchemars both fall, they seem to regard Otah and Aldebert as more pressing.

Also, another of these same efreeti passes through the southern tunnel, in the direction of Amiamble and Yeen.

The jannis continue their assault.

The three enlarged janni throw their scimitars at the babau, intent on seeing it slaughtered first.

Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 2 = 37 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (3, 4) = 20 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 2 = 24 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 damage
Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (6, 5) = 24 damage

Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 = 34 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (6, 3) = 23 damage
Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (6, 2) = 19 damage

Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 2 = 36 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 8 + (5, 5) = 26 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 = 34 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage
Scimitar, Flank: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27 for 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (2, 6) = 22 damage

The babau is dismissed by the deadly array of scimitars striking from all sides.

Recognizing the celestial scimitar as little threat, the southern archers target Otah twice, regarding the hovering carpet as riderless, and failing to detect the invisible mage.

Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage
Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage

Grappled janni flails, delaying for some reason.

Amiamble, Mahdi, Pent:

New guests slip out of invisibility to flank Yeen, ranseurs flaming. Another efreeti casts a spell on Yeen.

Ranseur, Flank, Y: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 24 + 2 = 43 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 1) + 15 = 19 damage
Ranseur, Flank, Y: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 24 + 2 = 38 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 5) + 15 = 26 damage

Fortitude Save DC 16, Yeen, or become Smaller, as per Reduce Person. No fire damage will touch the cat, due to the resistance.

Round 10
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire, Yeen -52hp)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged, -42hp)
Mahdi-21 (-26hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-20hp, -58 Fire, 5 images)
Janni- 8 (-14hp, -62hp, -23hp, -35hp, -37hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 5 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi snorts darkly when his babau falls, intending to bring worse to bear. Seconds later, something that looks like a clattering nightmare of bones and metal materializes. Summoning an osyluth devil with summon monster vii, shown by the red square on the map. It's flying. Of note, the bone devil does not have constant see invisibility.

"Ahhhhh.... earth..... full of so many things... with... flesh," the skeletal nightmare says in a dry, dry voice.

"Yes, well, focus on the ones that have genie flesh," Mahdi snaps out, unseen. The bone devil chuckles with a sound like breaking glass.

"Yesss.... 'master'."

Osyluth will cast quickened invisibility, then attack breaking invisibility (but getting its advantage of vs flat-foooted and +2 on the first attack). Starting with the janni nearest Pent (north one).

Osyluth bite: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Claw 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Tail sting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) + 5 = 13 And a DC 20 Fort save vs poison

As its claws rake flesh from one of the janni, the grinning bone monstrosity smiles at the nearer janni, an inviting promise of what is to come.

(The janni that is within 5' of the osyluth needs to make a will save vs fear, DC 19, or they are affected as if by fear for 1d6 ⇒ 3 rounds. On a success, shaken for 1 rd.

Mahdi himself.... looks south, looks east...

GM:
Just clarifying OOCly, there are two more, invisible janni coming in from the eastern corridor into the room with the dead cauchemars? If that's the case, I'll fly in some to the big cauchemar cavern, and do a glitterdust (breaking my own invisibility) to try and catch the two newcomers, though ideally I'd like to hit some of the other janni with it too if that is feasible regarding positions. Are the newcomers beelining in for melee with scimitars drawn, or do they have bows out and look like they are going to invisibly snipe on Otah and Aldebert? If they are coming in for melee, I could ready to throw the glitterdust until I could hit as many as possible. Sorry, this is a complicated turn. :P


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi:

There are two invisible efreeti to the northeast from the dead cauchemar, yes. They bear flaming ranseurs, much like the single efreeti you witnessed slipping towards Amiamble and Yeen.

Per your contingencies, Mahdi will move into the grand cavern, and toss Glitterdust to tag the two efreeti, though it will miss the enlarged janni, in doing so.

While Otah and Amiamble continue to press on, Mahdi brings another Ally into the mix, to the south, while he himself blasts something to the north.

Two large efreeti, bearing flaming ranseurs, emerge from their invisibility in the glittery cloak of your fire mage.

Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

One of them appears to be working at his eyes, instead of glaring evilly at any one of you.

Otah, Amiamble, Pent, and Aldebert are up!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"New playmates," Mahdi calls, unnecessarily, pointing at the now-shiny goldbois.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 10, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 102/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from lunge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 5 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

"Thanks Mahdi, for lighting them up!"

Aldebert can’t tell what’s going on behind him, but he trusts his brother and Yeen to tear apart whatever opposition there may be. So he forges head, nudging Gretiem east, and then north, avoiding AoO’s from the enemy and climbing slightly in the air. In the end, he lunges as he swings!

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 2 = 36 (feast, higher ground) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

(5 mirror images)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 10, Init 27
Amiable looks around, a look of fear and worry on his face (assuming one can see invisible). He does not see his brother. WHERE IS ALDEBERT!?

Yeen, 5' stepping, again tears and rips and rakes at the thing in his mouth until it is dead.  

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 29 CMD to maintain grapple.
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 39 to hit; (bite,feast,+haste,+DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage

Rake:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 39 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 28 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage.

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 34 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 27 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 32 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage

Ami casts a spell to heal Yeen.
CCW: 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (3, 8, 8, 1) + 13 = 33 healing

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*1,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 10, Init 13

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, Invisible

Pent instinctively pulls both spiritual scimitars to fence off the foes. Swift Action to reposition the Spiritual Ally, Move Action to reposition the Spiritual Weapon Both of them target the same janni captain. Preferably an already-injured one.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage

Mystmorning: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage
Mystmorning: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage

Further instinctively, Pent pulls back from the southern front line of the chamber which previously housed horses, giving the rest of the room a good looking over.

Everyone here, except Amiamble. I'm sure he's fine. He knows how to bark out loud if he thinks he's getting overwhelmed, right? I'll keep an ear out. Yep, nothing. Either he's extremely confident, or he's unconscious. Still nothing. No yelps for help, no bays for aid, no hiss for assistance, no yorts for support. Yeah, he's probably fine."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

<Gentle nudge for Otah> An interesting two-front battle. I'm curious to see where the dwarf goes...


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

So many foes...

Otah continues towards the mass of large enemies that could swarm Aldebert, unaware as to what Amiamble is facing.

Kinda glad I took Rapid Attack!
Forgo first non-hasted attack
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 46 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 28 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 35 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 24 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 32For: 2d10 + 12 + 4 + 6 + 24 ⇒ (3, 6) + 12 + 4 + 6 + 24 = 55 and Icy Burst: 2d10 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

If the foe drops from the first crit, can he instead use Spring Attack and move to threaten the one closest to Aldebert?


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen does what the big cat does best, and slaughters another janni, while receiving healing from on high. Otah advances into the large janni fray, careful to avoid any incoming attacks for doing so. The janni he targets is already injured, so Zenzirad, in the dwarf's hands, appears to pluck the janni's head off, like a dandelion, in a single, magnificent swing.

Mahdi illuminates two skulking efreeti sneaking their way into the cavern from the north, while his bone devil staves off attacks from the archers to the south.

Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 1d3 ⇒ 3 strength damage

The bone devil's poisonous tail finds its mark, the janni audibly groaning with more than the pain of the sting.

Will Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The other archer janni finds his spine, despite floating in the midst of three hostile forces arranged against him and his fellow archer.

Pent encourages his spiritual scimitars to continue bloodying the janni to the south, though they fail to be as effective as the devil. Aldebert, for his caution, strikes an already-injured janni from lunge, almost, but not quite, finishing him off.

Xotani's Defense continues its assault on the Scourge.

The two efreeti from the north strike at Aldebert, one guiding the blinded other to strike in the same direction. They take some small comfort in striking from 20' away with their ranseurs.

Flaming Ranseur, Al: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26 for 2d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 15 + (1) = 26 damage, including Fire

Flaming Ranseur, Al: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27 for 2d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 15 + (4) = 24 damage, including Fire
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 90

Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

The fire mage's magic still seems to interfere with the pair, both missing the halfling by a mile. The blinded efreeti still struggles at his eyes to see...

The pair of enlarged janni captains move against the enlarged dwarf, beginning to circle him. One of them strikes at Otah's side, while the other misses.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage

Cast Defensively v DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Cast Defensively v DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Both archer janni in the midst of devil and divine disappear from sight.

Pent, Amiamble, Osyluth:

The three efreeti continue their assault on the lone cat in their midst, though the gnome can only see the singular efreeti past the entrance. Both gnome and osyluth lose sight of the efreeti and Yeen, when a Wall of Fire ignites just to the south of the bone devil, emanating its fires in its direction.

Oh, and the bone devil burns.

Fire Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

This spoiler is for Amiamble's eyes only.

Spoiler:

The two melee efreeti disappear swiftly, and reappear, striking out with their ranseurs to slay the cat, though miraculously, only once does the cat bleed, among four flenses.

Ranseur, Y: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 2 = 35 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3) + 15 = 20 damage

Ranseur, Y: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 24 + 2 = 46 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 4) + 15 = 23 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 24 + 2 = 27 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2) + 15 = 18 damage
Ranseur, Y: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 5) + 15 = 24 damage
Ranseur, Y: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 = 19 damage

Otah:

Alright, here, I can help.

Zenzirad thrums in your grip, and your wounds begin to close.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (3, 5) + 15 = 23

Round 11
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire, Yeen -42hp)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged, -30hp)
Mahdi-21 (-26hp)
Bone Buddy- 21 (-3hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-20hp, -58 Fire, 5 images)
Janni- 8 (-36hp, -37hp, -44hp)
Efreeti- 8

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 4 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 11, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 102/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from lunge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 5 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert hears Pent, ”Does nobody have eyes on my brother? You just left him back there? Alone?! By the grace of Abadar…” he trails off, saying no more.

He peels back, withdrawing from combat to seek out his brother and aid him if need be. He's not worried, having every confidence in his brothers combat ability, but no one should be alone down here. Climbing to 20’ I think he avoids all AoOs as he comes around the corner, and sees the wall of fire, but not his brother. He calls out, ”Brother, tell Yeen to stop playing with his food and join us.”

(5 mirror images)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

The bone devil burns not in the slightest, thanks to its infernal immunity to fire. It chuckles and sidesteps back through the flames, half in and half out of them, ignoring the fire just as it ignores gravity, and then lashing out at the janni it can see.

"Why, little champion, your brother is NOT alone.... I am here...... hehhhhh... are you not.... comforted...?"

Vs big janni that Ossie is now adjacent to:

Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Sting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 5 = 12 And Fortitude save DC 20 vs 1d3 ⇒ 2 STR damage

(Adjacent, big janni will also need a DC 19 will save vs fear; the poisoned, now-invisible janni from previous turn will also need to keep making saves against his poison.)

Mahdi rolls his eyes at his devil's posturing, and says: "Your brother IS invisible, Aldebert. That makes it difficult for many people to 'have eyes' on him, as you say. Anyway, he's with that cat of his, which is a perfectly savage companion."

Mahdi regards the disgustingly-useless cold metamagic rod in his hand-- well useless as far as he's concerned, anyway-- and shakes his head, considering Otah's foes and the archers beyond. He decides Otah has things in hand... more or less... but coats the ground beneath the archers with a slippery goop.

Their reflex saves are probably ridiculous but what the heck, we'll try a grease spell. Reflex DC 20 or prone, orange square.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah grins as Zenzirad's magic heals him. He turns the grin on the nearest Janni and lets Zenzirad strike.

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 29 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 26 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 24 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 27 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 12 + 3 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti to the north are happily flying, as they do it so well. Mahdi, if you'd like to reconsider your Grease, you're more than welcome to do so. And they're not archers, they wield flaming ranseurs, so strike from 20' away :) .

Pent and Amiamble are up!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

My bad, on both counts. My brain is sludge. You clearly stated ranseuring, not archering. I will happily retcon the grease, yes. So I'm not holding things up, I'll use a standard action to recharge glitterdust via my pearl of power, no attack this round from me.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 11, Init 27

”BROTHER! THERE ARE A LOT OF BIG ONES HERE! AND THEY ARE HURTING YEEN!!” Ami cries out, worried. He heals Yeen again. ”There are so many of them! And all I see is this ugly devil thing. It’s not good.”

CCW: 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 7) + 13 = 34 healing

Yeen, 5' stepping, lunges at the djinni to the north.

Bite:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 28 to hit; (bite,feast,+haste,+DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19 damage

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 26 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 30 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 37 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*2,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 11, Init 13

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, Invisible

Pent watches as Aldebert crosses back through the cavern to call back to his half brother, leaving Otah to defend the north. The gnome brings his blades back to join the dwarf.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Mystmorning, Charge: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage

The gnome feels like his work is done, directing his divine blades to bear on a bloodied janni. Then he looks down on his hand, and remembers the Rod and its heft. He sees an opportunity to finish off the fellow, so he thrusts his Rod in the general direction of the same janni captain.

Rod of Wonder: 1d100 ⇒ 39

A bolt of lightning blasts the janni! for 6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2) = 14 points of electrical damage, Reflex Save DC 15 for half.

The aggressive act pops the gnome's invisibility.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble heals his mount, while the cat does its best to stave off its attackers. Otah does the same, though Zenzirad manages to cut down both, two swings each! Mahdi recalls a spell, while the bone devil snuggles with the same efreeti just beyond the wall of fire.

Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Will Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Fortitude Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 Strength Damage

Pent redirects his spiritual arsenal against the remaining foes to the north, though only the Sarahtar gets a swing, as the representation of Mystmorning can only close the distance, given its movement. The gnome's Rod fizzles and fails to find the backside of the efreeti, by a measly margin of 10'.

Aldebert repositions, to be nearer his brother.

The remaining entities continue their attacks, with various levels of enthusiasm.

One efreeti moves towards Otah, though it provokes an attack from Mystmorning on the way by.

Mystmorning AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage

Undaunted, the blinded efreeti swings its ranseur at the dwarf.

Ranseur, O: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 4) + 15 = 20 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 16

The second glittery efreeti charges the bestower of the sparkle, Mahdi, now quite visible.

Ranseur, Charge, M: 1d20 + 24 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 24 + 2 = 28 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 6) + 15 = 25 damage

Meanwhile, the big cat continues to draw the attention of the other efreeti.

The injured efreeti decides he's had enough of the circumstance.

Spellcraft DC 17:

The genie cast defensively, and slipped into Invisibility.

The last two efreeti change up their melee tactics. The efreeti to the right of Yeen takes a single stab at the cat, before retreating 40'.

Ranseur, O: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20 damage

This leaves a lane for the rear efreeti to move up, and plant another blade tip in the cat's hide, keeping a healthy distance of 20'.

Ranseur, O: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 = 21 damage

As soon as the ranseur's blade retracts, the front efreeti slips from sight.

Spellcraft DC 17:

Invisibility, again.

Round 12
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire, Yeen -49hp)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged, -30hp)
Mahdi-21 (-51hp)
Bone Buddy- 21 (-3hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-20hp, -58 Fire, 5 images)
Efreeti- 8 (-80hp, -8hp, -37hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 3 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Gah, missed a Will Save v Blindness

Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

The previously-blinded efreeti remains blinded.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Just to be clear I understand OOCly (I know I don't have line of sight currently to the invisible hijinx) the ones that are turning invisible are not attacking in the same round, right? The 'front' one was the one I was unsure about, in terms of what efreet is doing what. Semi-relatedly have you considered color-coding them in roll20 for ease of OOC communication? I'll post actions later Thursday


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Your friendly neighborhood efreeti are indeed attacking in the same round as they turn invisible, indicating their ability to cast it as a quickened spell-like ability. You raise a good suggestion- they're now color-coded (Green is Invisible, and also bears the 'ninja' symbol to reinforce its status).


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah stands his ground, lashing out against the efreeti who dares to ignore him and go after his fire mage friend.

vs Blue, If he goes down, carry over attacks to Red. (Reach+Large)

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Large, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 32 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Large, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 41 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Large, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 32 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Large, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 21 for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 37 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 12, Init 27

Having a clearing of baddies, Ami and Yeen spin to rejoin his brother. They double move, giving wide birth to the devil and things that might burn. Ami casts another healing spell on Yeen.

CCW: 3d8 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6, 7) + 13 = 29 healing

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 1/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*2,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Round: 12, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 102/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from lunge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 54hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 5 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

As Yeen comes around the corner, Aldebert calls out to his brother, ”Brother! Did you slay many enemies? Is our back secure?”

Assuming he gets some confirmation, he spins Gretiem back to the eastern front, hoping to get in some action before Otah kills them all…

He closes, drops altitude a little, and attacks! His movement almost certainly provokes from his target.
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 3 = 39 (feast, haste, higher ground) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 3 = 19 (feast, haste, higher ground) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13

(On the map, I'm under the horse between Mahdi and Otah.)
(5 mirror images)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Is the one attacking me still up after dwarven and halfadin onslaught?


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Blue falls to the third swing of Zenzirad, while Aldebert falls to his alternative attack, and safely approaches blinded Red, striking ably while Gretiem concentrates on positioning.

Pent and Mahdi are up!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 12, Init 13

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away

Pent watches as the cat returns, and hears the half huffing his hex to heal his helper. He chuckles, as he regards Mahdi's chiding of the other half's scolding. "Eyes on the half, heh. Like telling someone to look really closely, so they can see the flea circus performing. The flea fled the scene, and we still can't see him. Heh, heheheh."

The set of scimitars repositions to continue assaulting the blinded efreeti. The avatar of Mystmorning whisks into flank for Otah and Aldebert, with a quick gesture on the gnome's part. Swift Action to move Mystmorning.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage
Sarahtar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage

Mystmorning: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage
Mystmorning: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage

With the foes falling like flies, Pent waits to see what pours into the cavern next...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Thanks to Mahdi's Glitterdust, the magical blades hit three times out of four! The scimitars don't wreak nearly the kind of havoc as Aldebert's greatsword or Otah's Zenzirad, but the efreeti does bleed some more.

Mahdi to finish Round 12!

Mahdi:

To clarify- Green is Invisible, Purple is not. The tunnel is 15' high, roughly 10' wide, so Green will thwart the bone devil's attempt on Purple. Bone devil will know Green's last position, as it moved, attacked, then slipped from sight.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Aight, thanks. Sorry for the delay. Spent most of the day on the road or in a hospital waiting room, fun times. Efreeti get quickened invisilbility? uggh, bastards *glowers and mutters about "OP"... as if her own summoned monster did not have the same ability...

Mahdi grits his teeth through the wound but his allies destroy the efreet before he is forced to attempt defensive measures. "Thank you," the mage says tersely as the efreet's body drops. He holds his side where the fresh puncture of a ranseur wound is soaking his under-tunic.

"You seem to have this side in hand. Pent, you are watching for more of the unseen bastards, yes? Good. I'll check our rear."

Dripping some blood in his wake, Mahdi flies back the other way.

Hasted overland flight means I can get back to the juncture with a single move, which I am doing.

The bone devil has waited for Mahdi's orders, knowing it has an unseen foe ahead. Mahdi gestures impatiently. "It's right THERE. Go kill it."

The devil's skeletal face never loses its leering ossified grin, but a low snarl ricochets from his throat. "Someday, mortal.... you shall not give the orders...."

"But today I do," Mahdi snaps, and the bone devil flies forth to attempt to hit what it cannot see.

Bone devil flying charge vs last known location of green (sting attack): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22
Miss chance, high is a hit: 1d100 ⇒ 70
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 5 = 12 And Fortitude DC 20 or poisoned. Are the other poisoned efreeti all dead now?

Mahdi can see the efreet fine, and follows the devil's attack with a wand-birthed magic missile.

MM: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3) + 4 = 16

10,651 to 10,700 of 10,742 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.