GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


101 to 150 of 10,988 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
Hazim Al-Jabira wrote:

Aldebert, I owe you nothing, just as you owe me nothing. But in good faith, to our group, I will gladly give you give you the coins to give to his family. When that is set up, tell me, and they are yours. I'm not here to take from anyone's family. Just to provide for mine.

He taps Alderbert on the tummy quickly, smiling.

And by the looks of it, we'll need every copper we have just to feed you.

hahahah! Very nice!

Aldebert thinks for a moment and replies, "...yes. That seems fair. Not what I had in mind, but my mind is not the only one to consider here." he rubs his belly happily and smiles, "You never know when you'll have to skip a meal in the desert." he laughs.

He gathers up the other 45gp and leaves the 10gp with Hazim for now.

- - -

GM Sloth wrote:
"So, you're the ones Garavel just brought in. I'm sure you must've had a hard time crossing the desert in that armor of yours," he says to Aldebert with a snicker. "My name's Dashki. What do you want?"

I'm not sure if I'm walking up on Makli already chatting with Dashki. If not, the following, if so, I remain quiet and listen.

"Yes, the armor is quite a heavy burden in the hot sun, but when we come across the gnolls I'll be happy of it. But then you are our gnoll expert are you not? I should love to hear more about these foul creatures when we have the time."

"For now though, we're tasked with investigating the fire and I doubt any gnolls started that! It's mystifying in fact - I can't tell how the fire started. I don't suppose you saw anything useful did you? It would be most helpful - anything you can add."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


@Mahdi:. All of the soldiers glance at each other silently for a moment before one of the females stands. She's not at all as attractive as you were hoping. In fact, none of them are. Missing teeth, large scars on their faces, more muscular than you're probably used to...

She rises and gives you a frigid stare.

"Look, none of us give any kind of s@~! who you are or what Almah has asked you to do. So you're her new whipping boy? That's cute. But while you're running around trying to figure out why there was a fire in the middle of a desert, we'll continue to keep the caravan safe from gnolls, giant scorpions and bandits like we've been."

The rest stare at you, arms crossed in silent concurrence. Then, one of the other men speaks up in his gruff, gravelly voice.

"Besides, fortune-teller was nuts anyhow. Always lightin' those candles all the time. No wonder he burned himself down. Idiot."

Sense Motive DC 10:
As the guards continue to lock their gaze with you in an attempt to intimidate, one of the other females looks away towards the ground after that last comment.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami returns from his perimeter search and gives the silent I-didn't-find-nothing shoulder shrug to his brother. Taking note of where the others are, Ami will shadow his brother as he talks. He will never be too far away, but never close enough to where anyone might want to speak with him.

As usual, his scarf covers much of his face. Occasionally, he will use part of his scarf to wipe moisture off his face.

My brother likes talking to people...everyone loves him. Except those that don't.


The mangy-looking man looks down at Aldebert, and then up again to the approaching Malki.  In his right hand is a long quarterstaff on which he seems to be leaning against heavily.

"Hmph.  I fail to see what a lot like yourselves could do against an entire gnoll tribe.". His eyes dart wildly as he speaks, and his teeth are rotted.  Yet, under his dishoveled appearance, the rest of his features suggest he might've been a particularly handsome fellow if hygiene permitted.

"I wasn't here when the fire started, I was off making my dinner by the campfire off that away," he points.  "Can't help you.  I just wanted to see who was snooping around the wagon.  Can't be too careful."


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Malki joins Aldebert's conversation with Dashki and listens for a moment. He adds in, "We'd indeed be grateful to know what you may have seen around the tent." He catches a whiff of the man's stench and absently scratches his nose. "Also, what was your impression of Eloais, the Harrower? Who might have felt ill will towards him?"

Sense Motive re: response: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble makes a checklist in his mind as he watches the interactions between Aldbert & Malki with Dashki.

Firestarter Checklist:

Almah = Cute. Can't be guilty. Check.
Garavel = Was with us. Check.

Father Zastoran (halfling) =
Dashki (human, gnoll hunter) = creepy, but likely innocent.

Guard Set #1 (4, Almah's protectors(Fixx,Keldon,Podarn,& Vodrave)) =
Mercenaries (6 of them) = Mahdi talked to, one is furtive (pending SM check)
Men: Trevvis, Utarchus, & Dullen
Women: Kallien, Brotis, Yesper

Camel drivers: (husband and wife), zookeepers =

Ami shrugs at Aldebert and the likely dead end and points towards Father Z's tent, indicating what could be next.


Malki:
Youre having a difficult time reading Dashki. His mannerisms are certainly different than what you're used to.

Dashki leans in a little closer towards Aldebert and Malki, as if ready to divulge some bit of information in secret. Instead, he closes his eyes and sniffs the air a few times, then opens them, the same wild look in his eyes before.

"For as much as he liked to look into people's futures, I'm sure he didn't see this coming. What a fool," he says before limping away into the darkness, staff in hand as a crutch.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts
GM Sloth wrote:

@Mahdi:. All of the soldiers glance at each other silently for a moment before one of the females stands. She's not at all as attractive as you were hoping. In fact, none of them are. Missing teeth, large scars on their faces, more muscular than you're probably used to...

She rises and gives you a frigid stare.

"Look, none of us give any kind of s@~% who you are or what Almah has asked you to do. So you're her new whipping boy? That's cute. But while you're running around trying to figure out why there was a fire in the middle of a desert, we'll continue to keep the caravan safe from gnolls, giant scorpions and bandits like we've been."

The rest stare at you, arms crossed in silent concurrence. Then, one of the other men speaks up in his gruff, gravelly voice.

"Besides, fortune-teller was nuts anyhow. Always lightin' those candles all the time. No wonder he burned himself down. Idiot."

Mahdi is, indeed, rather dashed in his dreams of a warrior princess. His eyes narrow at the woman's tone and words, and the scorpion on his hand, picking up on its master's mood, arches its barbed tail.

"Hsstt, stop that," Mahdi mutters to it, putting it onto his shoulder, although if he had a tail himself he'd be in the exact same position. He looks coldly at the woman who has designated herself the speaker.

"You would do well to speak more respectfully... of your employer," he says shortly. "And fire does not spring of its own accord, even in the desert-- if the candles alone caused it, and none of you guards noticed the smell of smoke in time to save a man's life, then I do wonder how much you are paid."

Sense Motive, Pride penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 10

His eyes dart sidelong to the one woman who glances at the ground. He makes a mental note of her face, then he whirls on his heel and stalks away from the tent, eyes flashing in irritation.

Looking around for his brother, he strides to him. His cheeks are flushed with his anger at being spoken to thus by the hired dogs. They will learn. He'll show them he is not to be trifled with, and that he is nobody's whipping boy.

"Hazim," he says shortly, and jerks his head for his brother to step aside with him, continuing in a low, brusque whisper.

"The thugs Almah has hired are clearly ignorant scum of the streets," he sniffs. "But apparently the fortune-teller kept candles in his wagon. I suppose it could be something as mundane as that, but my spirit tells me otherwise.

"One of the women, she has a scar on her chin-- she would not look at me when they spoke. I feel she knows more than she is saying."


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Well done, Mahdi. Let's talk to that one, but first, that one over there, is the one familiar with the gnolls. The halflings are talking to him. Lets find out what we can, and then go back to your suspicious date

Hazim approaches Dashki and says What can you tell us about this Kulldis tribe, anything to help us in our preparation.


As he's walking away, he stops for a brief moment as Hazim calls out to him. Without turning around, he replies, "I know that if you think you bunch can just stroll into Kelmarane and fight them, they'll have a whole batch of new slaves to sell. And I know their new chieftain is powerful and cunning, obviously to organize the Kulldis into occupying the village as a haven for smugglers and gnolls. I've even heard their leader might not even be a gnoll himself... But who knows?"

Dashki continues off again, this time ignoring further replies towards him.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

When Dashki is out of earshot, Hazim tells the others about what Mahdi experienced, and about scar-chin the guard.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble leans forward on Yeenoghu both to better scratch the large cats chest but also to listen to Hazim without looking at others and risking interaction. Ami nods at the shared news.

That one helped.

Ami takes a deep breath and speaks timidly to the assembled group.

"I found nothing on my examination of the perimeter."

With that seemingly too much exposure, Ami will reign Yeenoghu away and go watch Father Zastoran.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Malki shrugs as the smelly misanthrope withdraws. This man has given up on finding what fortune has in store for him. May Lalaci grant him happiness anyway.

Turning back toward the heart of the camp, he searches for Father Zastoran. He almost leaves him be once he sees the skittish halfling watching the man. He thinks better on it and gives Ami a friendly nod as he approaches the priest.

"Father Zastoran? I am Malki. A shepherd of Lalaci's flocks. Might I have a word with you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Facepalm.


You eventually come across a small tent, elaborate in design and many different aromas drifting out from the open flap. A halfling, his beard white and his robes colorful, is tending to several small brewing pots. As he tends to his potions, a silver chain dangles from his neck with the icon of a mask, one half white, the other half black.

Knowledge Religion DC 10:
You recognize his holy symbol as an emblem of Nethys, the god of magic.

He looks up while you enter, acknowledging Malki's gretting, and says, ”Ah, you’re the new recruits! I saw you helping at the fire. Come in, please. I’m Zastoran, it’s a pleasure to meet you all. Make yourselves at home,” he states as he bustles about the tent. It is lavishly furnished, making it fairly apparent the resident prefers an urban life over a nomadic one.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Lalaci, you say? Hm, not too familiar with that one. Heard the name, but can't say I know anything about him... her... it?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert nods to the priest and smiles as he sits in the creature comforts of a city brought to the desert.

He remains quiet this time however, allowing Malki to conduct the interrogation.

We don't want to overwhelm the man with a dozen questions from a half-dozen mouths...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble pets Yeenoghu while others talk, trying to stay out of things and wishing he was free to scout the surrounding lands for bad guys. It doesn't occur too much to Ami that he really wouldn't know what to do with bad guys if he found them, but that's another matter.

Ami takes a peek at the halfling's holy symbol.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Know (Religion, untrained)

While waiting and listening, Ami finds solitude in seeing if he can get Yeenoghu to purr. Sadly, while around so many new people, Yeenoghu is not one to give in to pleasure easily...instead shifts on his paws and keeping an eye out for dire threats that could wipe out the entire camp, like small mice, low moving birds, sand squirrels, and low flying butterflies.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

While his teasing to Malki over his worship of Lalaci has never been malicious, Mahdi has little time for most of the gods, really. Oh, of course they are to be respected. He does not argue that.

But it was not the gods that had saved himself and Hazim from the gnolls (at least, not as Mahdi sees it). It had been the things their parents had taught them, and Hazim's courage and resolve. Just as Hazim had been the one to raise him, after that, and not the priests of Abadar.

Accordingly, he looks somewhat put upon as, after talking to the foul-smelling 'gnoll expert'--

(Pah, by the smell of him, he has gnoll in his veins himself!)

--they make their way over to the 'priest' of this little expedition.

However...

Kn: Religion, untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

...there is one god that does draw more than token respect from Mahdi, and his kohl-lined eyes widen as he recognizes the symbol. His bad mood vanishes in a puff of distraction as he offers the halfling a quick bow. Heedless of Aldebert's unspoken wisdom, he hurries to add his words to Malki's.

"Father Zastoran, is it? Well met! I am Mahdi al-Jabira. You serve He of Two Faces also? --er, not that I am of the clergy. I am a practitioner of the Art only. I am pleased to find the faith here, in the untamed desert! Tell me, was our seer truly touched by the divinatory sight, or was he one of the charlatans so common to Varisia? I saw no sign of magic in play at the wagon's ashes, but some incantations, as well you know, are subtle and beyond the grasp of one who has much yet to learn of the two-edged sword. Perhaps your experience offers insight--"

Hazim may need to elbow him in the ribs to shut him up.


Father Zastoran leans back and lets out a hearty laugh.

"Well met! I never thought I'd meet someone who likes to talk as much as I do!" the halfling say with a grin, leaning in and nudging Mahdi with his small elbow.

"You are all mercenaries, yes? Almah hired you to assist in the reclaiming of Kelmarane. It is a dangerous task..." he says while closely examining the party, before adding, "...but I've always believed greatness can come from the most unexpected places." He smiles and sits on a small stool nearby.

"I think you are correct in your assumption, Mister Mahdi. I have not examined the scene myself, but I do not think anyone in this caravan is capable of such destructive magic."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
GM Sloth wrote:
"...but I do not think anyone in this caravan is capable of such destructive magic."

Ami's hand shoots to his own mouth lest he accidentally blurt out the thought that comes directly to his mind: But...but...*He* could do it!! Ami looks at Mahdi, his eyes wide.

I've seen him tame fire...it wasn't him, of course, but someone with the same skills could.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Malki smiles at Mahdi's exuberance, and laughs at the priest's words. "Mercenaries? I am but a wandering child of the desert, making sure Lalaci's flock is guided towards fertile pasture. Though I suppose some of that flock includes caravans and mercenaries... Tell me, Father, what impression have you of the others in this camp? Were any of them frequent visitors of the Harrower?"

Why one would look to cards for divination, and not the sands themselves, I shall never understand. These Varisians are strange folk.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Knowledge Religion roll of 17 + 2 = 19 (untrained.)

Father Zastoran, what can you tell us of the situation in Kelmarane. What have you heard?


@Malki: The priest smiles at your statement. "Ah, we all have our things that we are, yes. But don't be mislead or mistaken. Almah brought you here for a very specific reason. Perhaps this Lalaci did as well..."

@Hazim: "I'm afraid I don't know much of Kelmarane, sorry. That's why Almah and the Pactmasters brought others more learned in that area on board. Personally, I've been with Almah for years, ever since she started her own business endeavors. I provide whatever physician services and spiritual advice she needs. For this expedition, I enlisted to assist with the medical needs of our companions, as well as any other settlers we receive once the town is liberated."

Turning to everyone, Father Zastoran leans back on his stool, his expression becoming a little more serious.

"It warms my heart to meet others that understand the teachings of Nethys. So, what I'm about to tell you is very private. Understood? Yes, we'll, let's see. Earlier I was reading a book by the fire pit. One of my favorites, The Mists of Mwangi. Anyway, the six mercenaries we have were also around and being much too loud, so I had stood up to retire to my tent when the fire broke out. All the mercenaries were there, so they were nowhere near Eloais' wagon at the time. Honestly, that man was a charlatan and Almah is better off without his attention, though she did seem to be quite fond of him…”

Sense Motive DC 10:
You sense a tiny flare-up of emotion coming from Zastoran’s accusations of the fortune-teller being a fraud, as if he’s not explaining all of his feelings on the subject.

”Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, so I was there, and the guards were there. I did find it strange that I didn’t notice Dashki at the time. He’s usually hanging around during the late part of the day. I’m not particularly fond of that one, Dashki… He smells. And, there’s something odd about him, you know? And his obsession with Almah disturbs me. No one with healthy desires skulks around a pretty woman the way he does; who knows what a scoundrel like him is capable of?”


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"It is true those cards of his seem strange and, well, unnecessary. Why look to paper when fortune is written in the sands? But tell me, was there a particular incident that made you think Eloais may be a charlatan?"


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Mahdi is constructing increasingly elaborate theories of magical destruction of the wagon in his mind, so fails to pick up on subtle social nuances. (He's also vaguely disappointed that the mercenaries cannot, apparently, be blamed for the wagon's destruction.)

"So you believe this Eloais to be a fraud, eh? Do you think the destruction of his caravan was mere carelessness with his supposed candles? Or is something more sinister at work...? Perhaps this Dakshi?"


Make me another diplomacy check. Anyone else that would like to can attempt as well, as long as you reply IC.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

FEAR MY CHARM! 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 ....sort-of charm.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Aldebert continues to remain silent, leaning in to hear everything the halfling priest has to say, catching every nuance.

Everyone always suspects the outcast - doesn't make him guilty... or innocent either. So the priest covers for the 6 guards, but do the guards cover for the priest?


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

You meant Malki or Mahdi? It's clear who should be doing the talking here, right? Snicker.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi is not the sort to let a 'should' get in the way of what he's doing!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble updates his mental checklist.

Firestarter Checklist:

Almah = Cute. Can't be guilty. Check.

Garavel = Was with us. Check.

Father Zastoran (halfling, Nethysian) = Nice guy. Was with 6 guards. Need to confirm all 6 where there.

Dashki (human, gnoll hunter) = creepy, but likely innocent. Was called weird by Father Zastoran...which isn't very fatherly at all.

Guard Set #1 (4, Almah's protectors(Fixx,Keldon,Podarn,& Vodrave)) =

Mercenaries (6 of them) = Mahdi talked to, one is furtive. We need to question the furtive one alone.
Men: Trevvis, Utarchus, & Dullen
Women: Kallien, Brotis, Yesper

Camel drivers: (husband and wife), zookeepers =

Lol@Mists of Mwangi. Da-Tunga.


Well, I did say "make another check", and since you were the only one who made a check previously... ;)

I keed!

The halfling folds his hands in his lap and lets out a deep sigh.

"Look... While I admit that I think Eloais was a fake, I did appreciate his conversational skills. Not a one of these others here can discuss the poetry of Bellianais or the music of far-off Absalom. He was well traveled and intelligent, which is sorely lacking I'm afraid amongst most in these caravans. I will miss him."

His eyes shift to the floor, as if regretful for the negative things said about his traveling companion moments before.

After a brief moment, he looks up again, his tone even more urgent than before. "About Dashki... I'm really sorry that I can't help you any further than I have. Perhaps others saw more than I. If someone is behind such a murderous crime, then it might be best to move swiftly. May the eyes of Nethys watch over you."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble, seeing and hearing enough, rouses Yeenoghu to go check out Almah's personal guard.

He wasn't so bad. Maybe...maybe someday we'll be friends. Maybe.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"What can you tell us of how the others related to Eloais? I understand you feel most suspicious of Dashki, but fairness means considering everyone. Even Garavel, for instance."


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

While the others are talking, Hazim is looking at the Father and about the room for anything that might stand out.

Perception roll 13+4=17


@Hazim: You see several potions on shelves that, from your experiences in the bazaar, are likely magical in nature. Which makes sense, given Zastoran's current brews at the moment.

@Malki: The halfling shakes his head. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not caught up in the personal affairs of everyone in our caravan. But I do find it amusing that you question Garavel's intentions, even when he was traveling with you all at the time this all started!" he chuckles to himself. "That man is about as emotionless as it comes, anyway. But that's what happens when you work directly for the Pactmasters. Anyway, I do need to get back to my potions. Good luck to each of you!"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Thank you for your time and consideration. You've been most helpful."

Aldebert leaves the cool comfort of the tent and turns to Amiamble not too far away and shrugs, "So who next little brother?"

He wipes the sweat off his brow and adjusts his layering robes over the armor.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

When they are outside, Hazim says to Mahdi:

So, who have we not talked to yet? Personal guards and camel drivers? Where to next, brother? Maybe there are some more toothless women among the personal guards for you to try your charms on.

Hazim laughs and goes to swat his brother again on the shoulder, and then stops himself, knowing his brother doesn't like it.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

"I shall chat with our pack masters." Malki wanders off to greet the camel tenders and offer their beasts heavenly water.


Waiting to hear where the rest are going.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble continues to watch Almah's guard from afar, awaiting his brother or another talkative person. He eventually wants to know all his traveling companions even if they don't know him.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
Hazim Al-Jabira wrote:
So, who have we not talked to yet? Personal guards and camel drivers? Where to next, brother? Maybe there are some more toothless women among the personal guards for you to try your charms on.

"I think my brother is watching the guards now, mind if I join you in their questioning?"

Aldebert walks along with the brothers to see Almah's personal guards.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim joins Aldebert and heads towards the personal guards.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts
Hazim Al-Jabira wrote:

When they are outside, Hazim says to Mahdi:

So, who have we not talked to yet? Personal guards and camel drivers? Where to next, brother? Maybe there are some more toothless women among the personal guards for you to try your charms on.

Hazim laughs and goes to swat his brother again on the shoulder, and then stops himself, knowing his brother doesn't like it.

Mahdi scowls at the teasing, giving his brother a glare with no real malice behind it.

"The only woman worth charming in this mess, so far, happens to be Almah," he mutters. And then brightens, because she is quite worth it in his books.

Perhaps he'd better see how dutiful her guard-dogs are. Hopefully they're of better manners than those pigs in the tent. He tags along after Hazim and Aldebert.


@Malki: Making your way over to the animal pen, you see the same couple that you assisted only a short while ago. They both smile and wave as you approach.

”Ah, it’s you! We were hoping you’d come by to see us, we didn’t get a chance to thank you properly for your help before. My name is Hadrod,” the man bows sincerely. ”And this is my wife, Hadrah.”

She bows her head respectfully. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you. So you like animals too, huh? I heard you making shepherding calls to them. Where are you from?” *gasp* ”Where did you get your sandals? Hadrod, did you see his sandals? You should get a pair like those, they look so much more comfortable than yours.”


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

"As Lalaci says, hot sands require supple sandels, if one is to find one's fortune under the desert sun." Malki smiles and bows deeply in turn. "I am a shepherd of flocks by birth. On this day I worry about our two-legged flock here. I am greatly saddened by the loss of the Varisian, whom I would have liked to have known. What can you tell me of him?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


As the party heads back towards Almah’s tent, her personal guards are still standing around the perimeter, keeping watch on the surrounding area. They eye each of you suspiciously as you approach, but otherwise remain silent.

Mahdi:
While making eye contact with the guards, you get a particularly nasty look from each of them, as if they’re not terribly fond of you.

@Malki: Hadrah, the wife, says, “Yeah, sure is a shame about Eloais. He was a nice man, if a bit strange at times. You know, all that card-reading and such. I had a cousin who liked to read his fortune through cards. He died of boot soup a month later. It’s always made me wonder…”

While she talks, her husband initially seems to be listening, but his eyes are full of tears and he seems to be in deep thought about something else entirely.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
GM Sloth wrote:
As the party heads back towards Almah’s tent, her personal guards are still standing around the perimeter, keeping watch on the surrounding area. They eye each of you suspiciously as you approach, but otherwise remain silent.

"Almah has tasked us with investigating the wagon fire, so I'm hoping you'll all help out a little. We're talking to everyone in camp about what they saw in the short while leading up to the fire and of course their actions during the fire itself."

"Did any of you see anything unusual before the fire?"


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

"Brother, what worries you so?" Malki puts his hand on Hadrod's shoulder. He does his best to sooth the man and non-verbally coax words out of him.


@Aldebert: One of the guards nods his head in the direction of Mahdi. "During the fire, I saw this freak call the flames to him and nearly burn down the rest of us. He's careless and might have caused more damage than was already done. I will gladly speak with you, but not with that one around."

Make me a diplomacy roll as well.

@Malki: Tears begin to well up in Hadrod's eyes. "It's Rombard... He's my favorite goat in the whole world. He went missing during the chaos and I fear the worst. I wish for his safety, but it is getting dark now and I cannot look for him."

He wipes at some of the tears, clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, I do not mean to trouble you with my burdens. You asked about the fortune-teller. Well, my wife and I were the first to spot the fire, but then our animals went crazy and we were forced to get them under control."

His wife interjects, seeing her husband distressed. "He was nice enough, for a foreigner anyway. Never really understood his talk of 'cyclones and fiends and uprisings' though. But we always said, if Lady Almah trusts them, then we do too."


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Malki nods with worry at the news of a missing goat. "Have no worry, frend. I'll gladly track him, and they say I have uncommon good nightvision. Let me see if I ca get a friend to join me. But do tell me more about what you saw as the fire made itself known."

101 to 150 of 10,988 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.