GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


401 to 450 of 10,988 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

A6

An open arch along the southern wall at the eastern end of the corridor leads off into darkness, while a series of archways lines the north wall, looking in on the monastery’s massively overgrown courtyard. The southern wall bears a bas-relief sculpture in the form of a triptych. In the first scene, a heroic-looking bearded figure takes leave of four similarly attired companions, who rise off into the heavens, leaving him to stand vigil over the large mountain in the background. The next scene depicts the bearded figure in battle with a flaming half man, half snake creature wielding a spear. The fire spirit transfixes the bearded hero with the spear, seemingly striking a killing blow. In the final scene, the hero appears twice—once on the ground with a wound in his back and once standing over this form, looking down upon it sadly.

The bearded man appears to be the central focus here, and he matches the appearance with what you’ve seen before- Vardishal.


A7

The outer wall of the west cloister passage bears a massive carving. The central figure—the heroic man with the pointed beard—preaches to a variety of human clerics from throughout the long history of the monastery. The first image depicts the figure manifesting in a spiritual manner to a small group of pilgrims of Sarenrae. Another shows the figure conversing with a man in religious finery while the monastery itself is being constructed in the background. Thereafter follows a procession of similar poses, each depicting a visit by the bearded man and the leader of each era of the temple. The depictions of these clerics often also bear an identifying inscription, complete with dates that span the last several hundred years. The most recent carving is from thirty years ago, and while ample room remains for additional carvings on the west wall, the last thirty feet or so are completely blank.

Out of all the bas-reliefs on display, this piece along the cloister walk has suffered the most damage. The various clerics of Sarenrae have obviously been defaced and show signs of abuse, with a few gouges in faces and chests that clearly seem to have been created with strong intent to vandalize.

Mahdi’s Know History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Mahdi’s Know Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Hazim’s Know Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

DC 17:
These defacements are tangible reminders of the battle with Kelmarane’s twisted cult of Sarenrae, fanatics that warped and abused her teachings, that finally brought the monastery to ruin 2 decades ago.


A8

Huge branches and overgrown weeds clog the central open air courtyard of the monastery’s cloister walk. In better times, the monastic priests would have contemplated the open space while circling the cloister, but today it is barely possible to see a few feet into the tangled mess, let alone all the way to the opposite cloister walk. Here and there the brush thins out enough that a dedicated explorer might be able to create a sort of passage, but mostly it is an impassable mess.

Near the center of the courtyard is a fairly large nest. At the center of the nest is a small clutch of three eggs, each large as a watermelon and white with irregular bright red speckles.

Mahdi’s Know Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Mahdi is able to recognize that these are geier (pronounced GYRE) eggs. Geiers are large carrion birds native to Katapesh. A geier egg can fetch up to 50 gp, or sometimes hatchlings can be raised as a companion or pet, with the egg hatching within a month and the bird growing to full maturity in just 3 years.

The mother of the eggs does not seem to be present. Geiers typically tend to leave their nests for days or even weeks at a time to scavenge for food.

Whew! Glad the dice were rolling hot, so you guys didn't really miss much in all of that. :)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami pads around with Yeenoghu, who prances with a stirge carcass in his mouth.

Such pretty murals. I wonder what they mean.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I'm so smart when the GM rolls for me. :3

"Ah! I've studied some of this!" Mahdi exclaims as he realizes he recognizes the figures of the statues. Perhaps there had been some merit to Master Jamar's insistence he read up on the history of magic in the desert, when he'd only wanted to study spells...

Well, no matter. The stuffy old bastard's teachings are coming in handy now. Mahdi pontificates to the others about the Templars and their legacy-- the history of worship of bright Saranrae-- and anything else that he can recall.

"...and ultimately the perverted-faith of Saranrae led to the abandonment of the monastery," Mahdi finishes with a shrug, while crouching a few feet back from the nest and studying the eggs.

"...you know, these could be worth something if we take them back. They make good pets. --no, no, Sa'amm, I would never replace you, hush-- of course, keeping the eggs cared for all the way until they hatch and can be sold would be a marvelous annoyance."

Mahdi rocks back on his heels and scans the sky overhead, hand resting on his crossbow's quarrel. "I wonder if the mother's around. But geier is terrible eating."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert wanders through the museum as quietly as he can. Staying quite is going to take some getting used to I think.

He listens as Mahdi explains the meaning behind all the art. "I wonder what they were guarding in that mountain?"

"Yes, getting the eggs, intact, back to town might be quite difficult. I suppose we could try though if they're as valuable as you say. Will they keep though? I don't think we're headed back to Katapesh for some time."

He walks all around the chambers and occasionally touches the artworks to make them more real to him. He's a very tactile person. He ends near a door to what must be a closet and stands guard a little ways away while the others continue their perusal.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Gruyere eggs?! Those sound delicious.

Ami follows Aldebert around, examining the carvings.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim listens to his brother as he tells the story of the monastery. He interjects from time to time to add to his brothers points, but is monstly quiet, keeping focused on scouting for trouble.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim will eventually make his way to the door on the west end of A5.

Checking for locks/traps/noise on the other side.

Take 20 perception of 20+4=24/25vs traps

if I need to roll
perception roll of 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Stealth roll 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


While Hazim is taking a few minutes to listen at the hallway...

GM:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Amiamble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Aldebert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Mahdi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Malki: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Amiamble, Aldebert & Mahdi:
As Hazim is quietly listening at the open hallway, you hear tiny whispers coming from the direction of the main chapel. As you turn and look, you see a number of pugwampis sneaking into the cloister walk! You may act in the surprise round

Hazim:
As you were focused intently on the hallway, you don't hear anything coming from that direction, or any direction for that matter. You do not get to act in the surprise round.

Initiative:
Mahdi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Hazim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Amiamble: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Pug 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Pug 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Pug 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Pug 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Pug 5: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Pug 6: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Surprise Round!

Pug 1 (wounded). . . 20
Aldebert. . . 20
Mahdi. . . 17
Amiamble. . . 13
Pug 2. . . 12
Pug 4. . . 12
Hazim. . . 11
Pug 3. . . 9
Pug 6. . . 9
Pug 5. . . 7

Everyone but Hazim gets a single action this turn. The map is updated. FIGHT!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round Surprise!

Ami shouts a word of alarm, the first word he's spoken fully aloud to any non-cat, non-halfling since you've met him.

Ami snaps off a quick stone at the one he thinks he wounded before.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

Yeenoghu drops his stirge and readies to bite if they come close.


The stone connects, and the pugwampi crumples to the floor. The remaining five start hopping up and down angrily. One of them starts growling and making noises.

If you speak Gnoll:
"You killed Lenny! You bastard!"


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

" 'Ware!" Mahdi calls, stepping to the side and lifting his still-loaded crossbow that he's been walking around with since their first confrontation. Twang!

I can never remember if you can take a 5-ft step during a surprise round. If not, he's firing through more cover on this attack, so add on a -4.

Crossbow!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

....not that it will matter anyway.


You can take free and swift actions in a surprise round, so you're good.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round surprise, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Bolts = 8 of 10
Conditions = None

Aldebert reacts quickly in the surprise round and confronts the pugs. He moves closer to them and stands ready for their advance…


Surprise Round

Three pugwampis run forward, brandishing tiny daggers in hand and drool slinging from their bare teeth.

The pugwampi's unluck aura should be showing on Roll20. Obviously, your characters can't see it, but just make sure you're aware to roll twice if you're in it.

Two of the remaining pugwampis stay back and fire their tiny bows at Aldebert.

Shortbow vs Aldebert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Shortbow vs Aldebert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crit Damage: 2d3 - 8 ⇒ (1, 1) - 8 = -6

BOOM! Suck it! 1 whole point of non-lethal damage! :)

The first arrow misses wildly, while the second one strikes with surprising accuracy.


Round 1

Aldebert. . . 20
Mahdi. . . 17
Amiamble. . . 13
Pug 2. . . 12
Pug 4. . . 12
Hazim. . . 11
Pug 3. . . 9
Pug 6. . . 9
Pug 5. . . 7


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Yeah, suck it, Alde!

Round 1, Init 13

Ami reloads (move) and snaps another stone at one of the far pugwamps (no cover).

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

Ooh. Looks like I suck too.

Yeenoghu continues his ready to bite if a pugwamp comes too close. He paws slightly closer to Aldebert.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round 1, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 (-1 nonlethal) AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Bolts = 8 of 10
Conditions = None

Aldebert, stung by an arrow, never the less trudges his way into their field of unluck. He moves up a few steps and tries to smack Pug6 with his cold iron guisarme. He maneuvers so as to avoid blocking the ranged folk arrayed behind him.

Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 or Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Unfortunately, both attacks from the Piddlespot brothers miss, though Aldebert's guisarme comes awfully close to striking the gremlin.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 1, Init 17

Mahdi has spent the night pondering how best to deal with the little brutes, given how scratched up the first encounter with only one left him. In the end, he's come to the same conclusion he usually does: FIX IT WITH MAGIC.

The summoning of fire had served him well enough last night, with the first pugwampi, so...

He strides forward, coming to a stop a few yards from the first little dog-thing, and carelessly dropping his useless crossbow at his feet.

"Little thieves! You owe me the cost of this robe! But have no worry-- I shall take payment in fire."

Fire jet on Pug 2, we'll say. Which means 6 and 2 (and maybe 4? IDK how a 'line' works when they are sharing a square) need to make a DC 13 Reflex save for half of the following fire damage--

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

...with a failure meaning they are set on fire, as well.


If it's a line, then it's all creatures in the squares caught in that line. So you get all three of 'em!

Pug 2 Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Pug 4 Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Pug 6 Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Pugwampis 4 & 6 duck down, only catching their ears in the gout of fire. Pugwampi 2 fails to react in time and is caught full-blast, catching on fire in the process. It yaps in pain but is still alive.


Round 1 Cont.

Aldebert. . . 20
Mahdi. . . 17
Amiamble. . . 13
*Pug 2. . . 12
Pug 4. . . 12
Hazim. . . 11
Pug 3. . . 9
Pug 6. . . 9
Pug 5. . . 7

Round 1, Init 12

The flaming pugwampi drops to the ground and rolls around, attempting to put itself out.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

And succeeds! But is now prone on the ground and badly wounded. The "X" represents him being prone.

Round 1, Init 12

Pugwampi 4 runs towards Aldebert's feet and tries to stab his foot.

Take your AoO as he enters your square. If he still lives...

Dagger vs : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d2 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

For another point of non-lethal. Hazim is up.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round 1 AoO, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 (-1 nonlethal) AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Bolts = 8 of 10
Conditions = None

Aldebert does his best to strike the little creature with his AoO.
Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 or Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 for damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

...but this time strikes true and clean!

My weapon is cold iron if it matters.


Before the pugwampi can get to the halfling's ankles, his guisarme swings low and connects, splattering the gremlin all over the floor.

As the weapon makes contact, sizzling can heard, as if the material of the weapon is eating away at the gremlin's flesh. All of the other pugwampis yip and snarl at the sight of this.


This will resolve after Hazim goes.

Round 1, Init 9, 9, 7

If he's still alive... Pugwampi 6 runs forward, following the example of his fallen comrade and attempts to stab Aldebert's foot.

If you have Combat Reflexes, then go ahead.

Dagger vs Aldebert: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d2 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

But misses! He is standing on Aldebert's boot now.

Pugwampis 3 and 5 retreat, yipping and barking loudly as they flee back around the corner.

Gnoll:
"My liege, my liege! The ugly bigheads are killing us!"


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Round 1. Init 11.

Hazim will charge forward towards Pug 6.

to hit
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

damage if hits1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

sneak attack if legal
1d6 ⇒ 2


Unfortunately, Hazim's attack misses. What bad luck!

You do get an AoO as it goes to attack Aldebert, though. So you may take that now.


Round 1 Recap

Aldebert and Amiamble both miss with their initial attacks on the pugwampis. Mahdi unleashes his fire jet that badly wounds one, though it is able to put itself out, and singes two others. As one advances on Aldebert, he is able to swing and take it out for good. Unfortunately, Hazim charges and misses, while another runs to Aldebert's feet and tries to stab his boot, but misses.

The remaining two pugwampis run away.

Round 2

Aldebert. . . 20
Mahdi. . . 17
Amiamble. . . 13
Pug 2 (badly wounded). . . 12
Hazim. . . 11
Pug 6 (wounded). . . 9

Heroes are up! And Hazim still has his AoO from last round on Pug 6.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

AOO

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

damage if it hits
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

-Josh, out of character, how does flanking work on tiny creatures? If it is in Alde's square, do I get flanking or sneak attack on it if I attack it? Just curious. and rolling sneak attack damage just in case
1d6 ⇒ 4

In gnoll

Spoiler:
Lenny will taste delicious on my dinner plate tonight. Who else is going in my cooking pot.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 13

"Let's go help Aldebert." Ami points as the cat leads them into battle against mighty foes! Mighty foes, indeed, as Alde's toe almost felt.

Yeenoghu bites at the critter.

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage;

@GM Sloth:
In theory, Yeen is immune to the aura of suck effect. In event that you're ruling he's not immune, a second roll:

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 to hit;

Ami waves his staffsling in to help Alde's next strike.

1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16 Aid Another;
1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16 Aid Another.

Oooh! Success...Alde, you get +4 (four) on your next attack on the sucker.

Ami points with his eyes very wide to where Alde should strike.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
Hazim Al-Jabira wrote:
-Josh, out of character, how does flanking work on tiny creatures? If it is in Alde's square, do I get flanking or sneak attack on it if I attack it? Just curious. and rolling sneak attack damage just in case

Hazim, to make matters worse, I'm wielding a reach weapon so I don't provide a flank against the creature in my square. So I think, even if you would normally, my lack of a short-shafted weapon in hand means no flank. Hrm. Looking at the map though you should get flanking from my brother...

Round 2, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 (-1 nonlethal) AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Bolts = 8 of 10
Conditions = None

Aldebert backs away from the pug-creature to a reasonable distance and attempts to stab him!

Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21 (+4 aid) or Guisarme Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 = 18 (+4 aid)
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

*Splat*

If Hazim killed Pug 6, I'll step up and finish off Pug 2.

"Damn, two of them got away. No sense in chasing them I suppose. We'll just have to wait for them to come back. Is everyone OK? Anyone hurt?"


Regardless of size, sneak attack requires two flanking allies, or the target has to be denied their dexterity. So, even if tiny, you still need a buddy directly across from the monster and is threatening it.

Through coordinated teamwork, the group finishes off the two gremlins that stayed to fight.

Nicely done!


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

After everyone is gathered up, Hazim will return to his door. He will check for locks/traps/sound on the other side (although I'm sure the battle warned anything on the other side.)

Take 20 perception on door.

Perception 20+4=24/25 vs traps.

or if roll needed
perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble smiles with his eyes, most of his face still hidden by the scarf as the pugwamps flee.

Patting Yeenoghu as the cat retrieves his second breakfast stirge, Ami loads another stone (#4) into his sling.

He looks to follow Hazim again.


Nothing there. Stop being so paranoid, sheesh!

A13

This large but plain interior hallway leads to the various chambers of the monastery’s southern wing. A weatherworn statue of a winged woman stands in the middle of the hall. The statue is a very obvious depiction of Sarenrae.

Closed door next to you, and a couple of open doorways up ahead. I should also mention that the door directly behind the statue is slightly ajar.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim will whisper about the door situation/placement to the group. He will then inspect the door closet to the group.

Perception 24/25 for taking 20.

If not allowed, perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Everything's quiet on the other side of the door.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi goes to pick up his crossbow again then rejoins the others. If anything sticks its head out the ajar door, he is prepared to FRY ITS FUZZY FACE. Or something.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim will open the door quietly and sneak in, motioning with his hand for the others to follow a bit behind him.

Inside the room
Stealth1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


A14

A sagging wooden balcony overlooks this large room, which must once have been the monastery’s library. An overpowering odor of musty, rotting paper and old leather fills the air here, and hundreds of books—most too damaged even to open without destroying them—litter the floors. Empty bookshelves line the walls of both levels.

A cursory glance reveals that most books are too old and damaged to be handled at all--even the slightest touch would likely cause them to crumple. However, one book stands out as maintaining a relatively-clean appearance. The book is titled Courts of Stone and Flame, a treatise on genies of the elemental planes.

Appraise checks, if interested.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami inspects the statue to Sarenrrae, mindful of her meaning to him.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Perception


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Appraise check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

And full search, perception 24/25vs traps.

or perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 if unable to take 20.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert too takes an interest in the book.

Appraise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Hrm. Fine bit of binding that. I bet it's worth a goodly sum in the market. I wonder if it's magical to boot?"

Aldebert keeps up with the group and is careful to watch their backs for the Pugs to return...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


@Aldebert: You think to the right collector, the book would easily fetch 300gp.

Nothing else is found in the library.

@Amiamble: The statue looks weathered but intact. It's a fairly standard depiction of Sarenrae, but still beautiful. As you get closer, you don't hear anything, but you pick up a bit of a rotten smell coming from the slightly open door behind the statue.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

On to the door and statue.

Hazim inspects both the statue and the door behind it. Checking door for traps/locks/noises.

Perception for both 24/25vs traps.

If not allowed to take 20:
Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

If clear, Hazim will head in, keeping hand poised with the signal to stay ten feet back, ready to signal group closer when he's sure it's okay.

Stealth1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami readies to follow Hazim.

I wonder what that smell is...it's not unlike Aldebert after he eats all those pickled eggs.


@Hazim: The smell of decayed meat mixed with mangy fur is strong through the cracked door. As you approach and listen, slight grunts and movement can be heard.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Before you can do anything else, a loud shriek comes from inside, followed by several more. They sound animalistic in nature, and seem very angry.

Initiative:
Mahdi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Hazim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Amiamble: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Baboon 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Baboon 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Baboon 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Baboon 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Round 1

Mahdi. . . 19
Hazim. . . 18
Baboon 3. . . 18
Baboon 2. . . 16
Aldebert. . . 15
Amiamble. . . 14
Baboon 1. . . 13
Baboon 4. . . 6

Map is updated.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Round 1, init 18

Hazim throws his dagger at Baboon 3.
Dagger1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 ⇒ 5

He will then move backwards out of the door (move action.)

401 to 450 of 10,988 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.