GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,701 to 10,750 of 10,988 << first < prev | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | next > last >>

Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 12, Part 2

Pent watches Mahdi slip by, but not too far from where he currently floats. The gnome feels content with the swords at play, so he drifts closer to Mahdi, and ignites his own Begifted-by-Sarah fire.

Channel Positive Energy, no no Palamino: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2) = 17

Should get Mahdi and Yeen, the Southern-fried Injured. Sorry, Otah...


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Amiamble returns to the midst of his companions, healing the bleeding cat. Otah eliminates one of the powerful efreeti warriors, while Mahdi injures the rapscallion with the ranseur, where his devil cannot, benefiting from flight to spy the invisible efreeti over the 20' Wall of Fire.

Mahdi:

Both southern efreeti Withdraw around the tunnel, towards your observable left bend.

Poisoned Janni is out there, either relieved to endure the poison, or unaware for having slipped into Unconsciousness at Strength 0. I got his token on the map, and will catch him up, should he reengage elsewhere.

Pent pushes the pair of blades to engage further, while healing those he can. Aldebert bears down on the remaining agent of Jhavhul in the cavern, almost ending it where it stands, though stand it still does.

The lone efreeti lashes out at Aldebert. The halfling's mirrors mean nothing to the blinded genie, and the creature gets one last strike, before succumbing to the might of the Scourge.

Ranseur: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (7) + 24 = 31 for 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 = 21 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Will Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

It doesn't see it coming...

Round 13
Amiamble- 25 (-4 Fire, Yeen -20hp)
Otah- 22 (Enlarged, -30hp)
Mahdi-21 (-51hp)
Bone Buddy- 21 (-3hp)
Pent- 13 (-17hp, -26 Fire)
Aldebert- 11 (-41hp, -58 Fire, 5 images)
Efreeti- 8 (-80hp, -8hp, -37hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated. I'll give you two rounds of action to finish Mahdi's Haste, as the battlefield has become awfully lonely...

Party Buffs
Haste- 2 rounds
Protection from Energy(Fire.120)


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 13, Init 13

Pent roots for his divine scimitar spirits to end the lone, blind efreeti.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage
Sarahtar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage

Mystmorning: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage
Mystmorning: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 = 19 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage

edit:

Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

It is the Sarahtar, not the avatar of Mystmorning, which ends the blind efreeti's suffering.

The chamber goes mostly quiet, as your opposition diminishes to naught.

The Party is up! The gnome's wispy weapons have freed you from the menial task of bumping off the heavily-injured genie.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble looks back to Mahdi, still worried about another attack on the exposed flank.

”mah-DEE, move up! Get closer to the rest, I’ll watch the back for a bit,” Ami urges the mage, waiting for him to move so the party can strategize where to go next.

Delay for Mahdi.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 13, Initiative: 11, part 1

"There were fire giants to the north of us, and I'm betting this tunnel joins up. Let's clear this viper's nest shall we?!"

If the party agrees, Aldebert will push Gretiem toward the Northeast passage after Otah goes (who precedes him in initiative anyway).

(GM Rat Sass, I show I'm only down 27hp. Either I healed once (and I an down a lay on hands) or there were some temp hp. Either way, I think my count is accurate but I'm fine going with your numbers if you prefer. Just let me know so I can plan my round. Thanks!)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Bookkeeping:

I got healed for 19 here by Pent which doesn't look like it got taken into account on the recaps (the GM recap before that post says I have 26 damage, and the one after it still says I have 26 damage). After that healing, my statline of 87/94 should have been accurate. Then I took the additional 25 from a ranseur, and then Pent channeled for 17, so by my count I think I am at 79/94 (down 15 hp, not 51).

(But those recaps are still incredibly handy, so thank you for those!)

Mahdi nods a short thanks at Pent, and clicks his fingers to order his devil to his side. With a yawn showing those immense incisors, the devil flies around the corner, scraping bone shards against the walls. Mahdi looks annoyed.

"If you're quite done showing off...."

The devil simply leers at Mahdi in a smugly knowing way.

"Right. Before we charge immediately into more danger, let's coordinate at least three seconds worth, shall we? The speed I gave us all is about to expire, shortly. I'll refresh it on all of us likely to fight, if you'll all stay put long enough in one place. CLOSE to each other, we must pretend we all like each other~~~"

Bone devil flies to rejoin party, Mahdi is flying in with the others, and I'll ready to cast another dose of haste on the party (including the devil) as soon as Ami, Yeen, and Pent are all together with us.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen move up after the firemage, looking back over his shoulder at the gnome. He never knows that the gnome is going to do, but generally expects him to keep up.

”I am ready, Brother. I am ready to give them the whatfor,” Ami smashes his tiny fist into his tiny open palm. He look over Yeen’s injures but decides that they are not needing too much more healing now.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent does indeed keep up, as the hostile environs of Xotani's Grave highly encourages him to do so. There are too many games of whack-a-genie occurring behind them, in front of them, and to the sides for him to offer up his backside for filleting.

When his gaggle has gathered, Pent channels Sarah's Soothe, before they pursue the next gauntlet of fire. If he has to wait to get further from the dead genies laying about, he makes sure not to restore any of them to functional mayhem.

Channel Positive Energy, Selective where necessary: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 2, 6, 5, 6) = 31

That's more like it...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Ah. Thanks," Mahdi says when Pent heals his last injuries. In return, he snaps his fingers, and all-- even the gnome-- are enspeeded.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Well the gnome certainly makes HP counts easier, when he zeroes them out...

The Scourge congeals within the cavern, assessing its strength, before plunging ever forward.

For the pause, let's reset the rounds clock. No fight on you, at present, and Roll20 map has been updated. As Aldebert suggested, you'll move left and up, presumably to eradicate the combined forces of Fire Giants and Salamanders. There is a branch, of course...

Ah, slow ninja- Mahdi brings the Haste, once more, so the clock has begun. 14 rounds, and ticking...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami is ready to follow his brother, up and to the left to valiantly attack the remaining forces of evil and give them the whatfor.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert definitely lines up for the haste, hesitating as long as it takes.

When the magics are laid upon him, he looks to Otah, "You lead. Last time I went too far ahead and nearly got us into real trouble. I keep forgetting you're a bit slower without a mount. My apologies."

He waits for the large dwarf to sally forth and follows close in his wake.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami waits for Otah to lead, ready for more and better controlled battle.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah nods with a grin, excited to lead the pack into battle. "Very well!"

When everyone's ready and done spell casting, he marches forward, Zenzirad at the ready.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The Scourge exits the Stables, as it were, and enters a new chamber, swiftly spearheaded by the enlarged dwarf.

To your right and south, a pair of janni captains await, bows nocked with arrows. To your left, a tunnel which leads towards the fire giants, where a pair of them look back at you, molten rocks at the ready.

Otah's grand entrance in the lead ensures that all parties become aware of each other at the same crossroads moment.

The archers loose their volley of arrows at Otah, prime target that he is.

Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage
Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage

Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage
Composite Longbow, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage

Alas, even as large as the dwarf stands, the arrows fail to find his flank. They silently stand their post, and begin reaching for more arrows. The fire giants toss and catch their boulders, waiting for a better angle of attack...

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Fire Giants: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Janni Captains: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Round 1
Janni- 22
Mahdi- 19
Pent- 19 (-26 Fire)
Amiamble- 13 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 8 (Enlarged)
Giants- 8
Aldebert- 4 (-58 Fire, 4 mirrors)

Looks like everyone except Aldebert is up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 13 rounds
Fire Protection(120)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1

Ami and Yeen double move to engage the archers, trying to hold this flank.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Kill the giants," Mahdi tersely instructs the bone devil, who cracks its tail once in mocking acknowledgment of the order, before disappearing from sight... and then, invisibly, tearing off at heightened speed around the corner to engage the fiery warriors.

(With haste, the devil flies at 90, which should let it close with a single move. It'll cast quickened invisibility first, close, then break invisibility with an attack against our northmost giant, soon to be color-coded perhaps. ;) )

Vs flatfooted ACm bonus for invisible, bonus for haste: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 5 = 11 And a DC 20 fort save, technically.

Mahdi waits to see/hear if his devil is going to absorb any attacks before cautiously flying to the intersection, hanging out near the ceiling, above Otah's head, at least for a moment or two. A word, a gesture, and blue lightning blasts the two nearest giants...

Casting lightning bolt, should be able to angle it through the two giants mostly visible. DC 24 Reflex save for half:

Lightning! I'm versatile.: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6, 2) = 35


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 19

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 7/10 day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (120 feet/day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, holy word (DC 23), greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), heal[D], wind walk
5th—breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance, true seeing (2)
4th—blessing of fervor[APG] (DC 20), death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration,
3rd—daylight, dispel magic, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], lesser restoration
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, (DC 17), shield of faith
0 (at will)—detect magic, guidance, read magic, stabilize

Pent speaks a brief word of thanks to the Sarahtar, as She slips away for now. He takes heart that Mystmorning is still present and tractable. When the gnome clears the tunnel, he directs the spiritual support towards Amiamble's position, while he himself decides to waggle his Rod in the same direction.

Rod of Wonder: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Pent disappears atop his Carpet, once again. "Well, this will suffice, quite nicely. The Rod totally understands the presence of archers, and how to remove me from consideration." The gnome defies the gods of dexterity by twirling the Rod between his bony fingers, many times over. When he finishes with a shaky catch, he looks at his companions with a proud grin, unseeable to most of them.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The bone devil closes with the fire giants, swatting at the heavily-armored Blue to no effect, evens as it emerges from invisibility.

As Otah begins his actions, Mahdi casts forth a long fork of lightning, lancing through Green and Blue.

Reflex Save DC 24: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Reflex Save DC 24: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The giants bellow in pain, and Xotani's Grave echoes it throughout. They look towards each other for a moment, and wait just long enough to see what Aldebert chooses to do, as well.

Otah and Aldebert are up!! Giants are Delaying...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from lunge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 52hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 4 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert, confident that Otah can fill the gap to the north, at least for the moment, charges south with his brother, to fight side-by-side against the Janni. Though hasted, he must still double move to get into position.

(4 mirror images)


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi lays into the distant giants with lightning, while his minion enters the melee fray. Pent sends Mystmorning towards the distant archers, before slipping into invisibility again. Amiamble and Aldebert charge off against the archers as well. Otah GMPC moves to support the bone devil down the corridor. He's entitled to a swing, given his enlargitude.

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Large, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 26 for 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

The giants abandon their projectiles, switching to greatswords.

Greatsword, BD: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 21 + 2 = 31 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) + 15 = 30 damage
Greatsword, BD: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 2 = 30 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 15 = 25 damage

Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 21 + 2 = 43 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 15 = 23 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 2 = 24 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3, 3) + 15 = 22 damage

Otah:

The gaggle of salamanders watches intently, as the giants step in to confront you. They do not look interested in joining the fight, just yet.

Meanwhile, the janni captains slip into invisibility, careful to avoid unnecessary attacks while so close to the halfling duo.
Defensive Casting v DC 19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Defensive Casting v DC 19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The keen halfling ears hear the softest of rustles, as the pair of janni retreats, one in each branch of the tunnels' directions.

Round 2
Janni- 22
Mahdi- 19
Bone Devil- 19 (-35hp)
Pent- 19 (-26 Fire)
Amiamble- 13 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 8 (-23hp, Enlarged)
Aldebert- 4 (-58 Fire, 4 mirrors)
Giants- 3 (-39hp)

The party is up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 12 rounds
Fire Protection(120)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 4

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from lunge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 52hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 4 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Seeing the janni flee at his approach he laughs, ”Well brother, they fled from our combined might. I’d better go see if Otah is having as much fun. It would be nice to cleave into someone eventually!”

Aldebert spins Gretiem around and the pair heads back north to join the others (double move with haste).

(4 mirror images)


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Delay to Init 4-

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 7/10 day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (120 feet/day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, holy word (DC 23), greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), heal[D], wind walk
5th—breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance, true seeing
4th—blessing of fervor[APG] (DC 20), death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration,
3rd—daylight, dispel magic, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], lesser restoration
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, (DC 17), shield of faith
0 (at will)—detect magic, guidance, read magic, stabilize

Pent preternaturally prepares to poke the gecko passenger. He judges the tunnel's breadth, width, depth, and length, as well as the wind-land speed of Gretiem, retrofitted with Mahdi's moving magic. In the end, the gnome simply waits for Aldebert to finish his move, before chasing after him, and booping him on the back.

"Here's a little something to stop you from losing track of those baddies. Sarah has THE SIGHT!! And now you do, too!!"

Cast True Seeing on Aldebert, 14 minutes duration


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1

Ami double moves back to protect Mahdi, casting Shield of Faith on Yeen.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4+4=43 (barkskin, mage armor, +4 SoF)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*1)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*2,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 1/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf takes a step forward, and engages each enemy he can reach with his enlarged status.

"There's a bunch of salamanders to our west. I don't think they're hostile... yet!"

Whirlwind attack
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted vs Bone Devil: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 42 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted vs Blue: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 34 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 28 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, vs Green: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 32 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted vs Yellow: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 33 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Confirm Crit for Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted vs Bone Devil: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 29 for: 4d4 + 22 + 6 + 24 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 4) + 22 + 6 + 24 = 61 Cold: 2d10 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING," Mahdi squawks at Otah.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Oops, egg on face. Went bezerk on whirlwind I guess?...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

I liked it! ...says the paladin. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami tries to cover Yeen's eyes so he doesn't see what Otah is doing, only to forget he's invisible and it doesn't help.

He facepalms invisibly...which I guess only the bone devil can see.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Otah's Whirlwind tickles me, so I set it in dwarven stone :)

The tunnels roar with the sounds of battle, especially loudly as Otah commences to hit each and every bony chest before him at the end of the current tunnel.

Xotani's Grave appears poised to answer the assault, though the fire mage might bring his own silencing power to bear, before it does...

Mahdi is up!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

The bone devil howls, and looks at its master with eyes that burn like chunks of blistering ice. It turns on Otah, claws upraised, only for Mahdi's sharp, ringing "NO!" to halt it. The devil seethes with the enforced command, visibly twitching in place, a stream of Infernal curses ripping from its ossified jaw, before it turns back, shuddering, to the giants.

"THE NEXT TIME YOU ATTACK ONE OF MY SERVITORS I WON'T STOP IT FROM GUTTING YOU," Mahdi snaps at Otah. "ARE YOU BLIND? A BEAUTIFUL BLOW INDEED, ON SOMETHING THAT IS AIDING US AND WASN'T EXPECTING YOUR ATTACK! FINE DWARVEN STRATEGY AT WORK, I SEE!"

(I love you Otah, even if Mahdi does not. For bookkeeeping, I think that puts my devil at -81. Also, I think I started a turn and then forgot about posting it at some point, thus my lightning symbol on the blue giant, which was going to be my symbol for a ball lightning. We'll do that now, I suppose.)

The bone devil, constrained by its master's will, tears into the nearest giant with the savagery it would like to devote to Otah. Will start with blue, if it drops by some chance, move to green

Bite Attack, hasted, vs giant: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw Attack, hasted, vs giant: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw Attack, hasted, vs giant: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sting Attack, hasted, vs giant: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 = 25
Damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 5 = 16 And Poison, fort 20
Hasted Bite Attack, hasted, vs giant: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Scowling, Mahdi considers the battlefield. "I wasted powerful magic summoning that devil, Otah. No, I'm sorry, I misspoke. I correctly used powerful magic. You wasted it. I'm never casting beneficial spells on you again."

Instead Mahdi sketches a few more quick zigs and zags with his fingers, figuring that lightning worked well enough last time.

Ball lightning. If blue is still up, we'll target it. If not, pretend the lightning icon is on Green.

Orb 1: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5) = 9 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 2: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) = 10 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 3: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5) = 11 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah grimaces at the fire mage's retort, unable to defend the lethality of his error.

He watches as the devil goes about its business, unable to respond because of Mahdi's demands... and is silently thankful.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Amiamble whirls back towards the other front of battle, cloaking Yeen in further Shielding. Otah commences to wreak havoc with Zenzirad. Both giant and bone devil feel its power.

Over the roar of the lava flows, and the sounds of metal clashing, an unmistakable cracking of bone reverberates through Xotani's Grave, as Otah pulls Zenzirad back, and the Bone Devil pops from its transient existence on this plane. Giants cracked Boney for 35hp before, and Otah's might finished him off in one 81hp swing... woof

Otah:

They're not going to take lightly to that attack, ser Otah. Here, let me relieve you of old wounds, as I'm sure you're about to suffer new ones...

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 4) + 10 = 22

Mahdi is left to savage the giants from a distance, lightning his element of choice in the moment.

Reflex Save, only 20s count: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Reflex Save, only 20s count: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Reflex Save, only 20s count: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Blue burns of bright blue lightning balls coursing over his metallic frame.

Aldebert soars across the rear cavern to join his mates, before receiving Sarah's Sight from Pent in passing.

The giants coordinate their attacks on the obvious threat to their existence- Otah.

Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) + 15 = 28 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) + 15 = 28 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 15 = 22 damage

Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 1, 5) + 15 = 27 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 15 = 23 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) + 15 = 25 damage

Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 15 = 30 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) + 15 = 28 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) + 15 = 25 damage

Miraculously, the large dwarf manages to remain standing, as he's hit as many times as he'd previously struck out, each greatsword trying to silence Zenzirad in Otah's hands.

Aldebert, Mahdi:

Two janni captains, possibly the same two, have slipped back into the previous cavern's southeastern entrance, longbows in hand. And of course they're invisible to the others... Red dot signifies their current position.

Round 3
Janni- 22
Amiamble- 13 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 8 (-109hp, Enlarged)
Mahdi- 7
Bone Devil- 7 (-105hp)
Aldebert- 4 (-58 Fire, 4 mirrors)
Pent- 4- (-26 fire)
Giants- 3 (-100hpB, -113hpG, -33hpY)

The party is up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 11 rounds
Fire Protection(120)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah continues his onslaught against the giants... wincing through every jab and swing.

Start with yellow and continue on counterclockwise if an enemy drops.

Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 30 for: 1d10 + 11 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 12 + 2 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 22 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 22 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 37 for: 1d10 + 11 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 12 + 2 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 17 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 31 for: 1d10 + 11 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 12 + 2 = 28 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, Large: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 30 for: 1d10 + 11 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 12 + 2 = 35 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

My bad, I missed the initial damage on Otah's swing and was only adding in the additioanl crit damage. Siiiiigh.

Mahdi realizes too late that the blow is actually DISMISSING his summons entirely. "OTAH," he says in a fury so dark that he doesn't even add anything else.

Snarling under his breath, the mage wheels on the new arrivals, and gestures shortly.

I don't believe I see the new janni on the map in the previous cavern, but if I do have line of sight on them, are they close enough to mutually glitterdust?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3

Seeing Otah take a pummeling, Ami spurns Yeen to ride up to Otah. He casts a spell and touches the dwarven berserker, hoping his not targeted next.

Heal on Otah. +140 hp and cures insanity, if that’s an issue. ;)

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4+4=43 (barkskin, mage armor,+BoF)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*1)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*2,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 2/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*2)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Line-of-sight confirmed, Mahdi. They are spreading out, perhaps aware that at least one of you is a spellcaster, so you can glitterbomb one of them at least. They're roughly 60 feet from your current position on the map, as indicated by the red dot.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 4

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin) (not included: -2 from charge)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 52hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 4 images), True Seeing (1/14m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

As his eyes are opened to the invisible, and merely illusory, Aldebert can see his brother again and he smiles, ”Thanks Pent! That’s quite a view!”

Provoking from Green, Aldebert and Gretiem charge the giant, doing their best to reduce the number of attacks on Otah.

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 3 = 37 (feast, charge) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 3 = 28 (feast, charge) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20

(4 mirror images)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Hm, okay, so not clustered close enough for glitterdust. What's the status of the giants and such right now? I.e., asssume Mahdi delayed until all the posted actions have gotten to go-- trying to determine if any of the giants got dropped before posting my actions. Sorry to be a pita


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Otah hews the mountain of a fire giant, using each and every one of his heaves to bring down Yellow.

Green doesn't decline an introductory thrust against Aldebert, as the halfling rider closes the distance. The charge opens up the Abadarian to a good chunk of pain.

Greatsword, Al: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 15 = 26 damage

Aldebert's and Gretiem's combined answer is enough to see Green brought low, collapsing into the lava flow.

Yellow and Green are dead. Updated Roll20 to reflect the current positions of the southern janni captains still skulking in invisibility.

Pent and Mahdi are up!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 4-

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, True Seeing

Pent watches with collegial respect as Otah's wreath of wounds is sealed like a corking of a fat bottle of wine by the half rider. He considers bringing the replica Mystmorning to his side, while debating what he might do in support of his crew.

Aldebert wrote:
"Thanks Pent! That’s quite a view!”

That quickly resolves the gnome's debate. His immediate curiosity is rewarded as he brings his own orbs to bear on the scene. Cast True Seeing on self, 14 minutes

When the janni captains sneaking from the south suddenly show themselves, Pent waggles a knowing finger, repositioning Mystmorning against Blue in a swift gesture, allowing Sarah's indignation to answer for any incoming arrows.

Mystmorning: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage
Mystmorning: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage

The gnome hoots as Mystmorning strikes into the janni's side, and discourages the genie as best it can.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Mirror Image: 1d5 ⇒ 2 (1 is Aldebert)

Aldebert avoids the hit, though he loses another image, and with it the protection it brought (3 remain).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sorry to hold things up. GLITTERDUST

Mahdi wheels on the approaching sneaky archers and blasts them with shiny gold. Will saves DC 20

The ball lightning continues to ravage the blue-hued giant, who hasn't moved away from it...

Orb 1: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 2: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 3: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw

Mahdi then flies further into the room of the giants, taking advantage of the fact that several have been downed and hugging the wall to avoid attacks.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Amiamble heals the bloodied dwarf, while Otah decimates Yellow. Mahdi sparkles the two rear janni captains.

Will Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Will Save v DC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4
Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1
Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4

Aldebert topples Green, while Pent directs his spiritual ally to harrass sparkled archers, as well, before lighting up his own gnome eyes.

The remaining two giants make their last stand.

Blue steps into a full attack on Otah, though only one strike finds its way into the defensive dwarf's side.

Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 15 = 26 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 15 = 27 damage
Greatsword, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 15 = 27 damage

Red charges Aldebert, bellowing murder for the loss of his brothers.

Greatsword, Al: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 21 + 2 = 43 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 15 = 24 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 21 + 2 = 32 for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) + 15 = 29 damage
Miss Chance, 1 hits: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The janni captains fall back, one of them stricken blind.

The congress of salamanders takes the opportunity to retreat, as they watch the giants fail to fend off the foreigners.

Round 4
Janni- 22
Amiamble- 13 (-4 Fire)
Otah- 8 (-26hp, Enlarged)
Mahdi- 7
Aldebert- 4 (-24hp, -58 Fire, 3 mirrors)
Pent- 4- (-26 fire)
Giants- 3 (-130hpB)

The party is up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 10 rounds
Fire Protection(120)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Kindly don't hit me, Otah, I am an Ally of yours, helping you," Mahdi says with a verified abuse of sarcasm as he hovers near the ceiling and above Otah.

Move action to adjust ball lightning into Blue's square
Orb 1: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 2) = 8 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 2: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2) = 9 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw
Orb 3: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13 DC 25 Reflex negates, metal armor imposes -4 to throw

Lightning crackles along the armor of the fire giants once more, as Mahdi sweeps his gaze at the fleeing salamanders.

"I forced those janni archers visible but I am now out of spells to do such things," he remarks tersely. "We'll need to hunt them down before it wears off unless we want them to dog us perpetually. As for these brave souls who've decided the battle is a little too stiff for them--"

A burst of blindingly white light erupts around the salamanders, catching most of them, brought into being by a gesture from Mahdi.

Burst of radiance on the salamanders in the white circle, DC 23 Reflex save to sort-of-mitigate; the damage is full damage regardless, but save means not blinded... just dazzled instead.

Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 1, 1) = 13
Duration of blind or dazzled: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 4

Aldebert Status:
HP: 117/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 52hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste, Mirror Image (1/11m, 4 images), True Seeing (1/14m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 12/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (1/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (1/28m), Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

(The crit confirms due to my charge the prior round.)

Aldebert reels in the saddle a bit from the blow as the new giant has some pepper to him and managed to bypass his various protections. He grunts in pain before touching the wound to heal what he can of it.
Lay on Hands: 9d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 5, 6, 1, 3, 3, 4) + (4) = 40 (swift, -d6 to heal blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)

He then focuses on his new nemesis, and urges Gretiem to do likewise, 5’ stepping to close, and then attacking!
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 2 = 37 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 20 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
critthreat Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

hasted Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 2 = 37 (feast, haste) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14
hasted Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 = 31 (feast, haste) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 = 15

(3 mirror images)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5

With Alde and Otah leading the charge, and with the gnome protecting his their rear, Ami moves up to guard the right flank. Yeen moves up and sits himself above the scalding lava, looking for trouble.

Moved on map. Total defense to cat and half-man.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Init 4-

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 107/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
b]Condition(s)[/b] = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, True Seeing, Invisible

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 7/10 day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (120 feet/day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, holy word (DC 23), greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), heal[D], wind walk
5th—breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance
4th—blessing of fervor[APG] (DC 20), death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration,
3rd—daylight, dispel magic, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], lesser restoration
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, (DC 17), shield of faith
0 (at will)—detect magic, guidance, read magic, stabilize

Pent remains at the rear, bringing Mystmorning to his side, and keeps watch for anything aggressive coming out into the open.

"We almost done up there? This is a veritable maze. One tunnel leads into the next chamber, leads into the next tunnel, wraps back to the last chamber, then into another tunnel, which may or may not be the same tunnel that led into a new chamber... We should carve a mark to indicate which places we've visited, so we know." The gnome doesn't try to etch a sketch into Xotani's Grave's walls' granite, but he considers it very strongly.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Amiamble keeps vigilant, moving through the t-intersection to post guard near the fire mage. Mahdi continues to harry the denizens of Xotani's Grave, bringing Blue down, while punishing the salamanders from a distance. The uninjured salamander commands the injured others to follow him from the chamber.

Reflex Saves All Around:

Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12
Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Reflex Save v DC 25: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13

Reflex Save v DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Reflex Save v DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Reflex Save v DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Reflex Save v DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Reflex Save v DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

GM Rolls:

Otah's Blows: 4d20 ⇒ (1, 19, 9, 6) = 35

Otah GMPC and Aldebert y steed manage to bring down the remaining fire giant in several brutal blows.

For the moment, the chambers to the left and the right grow quiet. Only the sound of crackling lava, and the Scourge's heavy breathing...

Round 5
Janni- 22
Amiamble- 13 (-4 Fire)
Mahdi- 7
Otah- 6 (-26hp, Enlarged)
Aldebert- 4 (-12hp, -58 Fire, 3 mirrors)
Pent- 4- (-26 fire)

The party is up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Haste- 9 rounds
Fire Protection(120)

10,701 to 10,750 of 10,988 << first < prev | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.