GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


201 to 250 of 10,988 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim shakes hands with Malki, glad that he is still alive.

Never found the goat? Or the owner of those tracks?


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Malki shakes Hazim's hand, until he hears the bleats. As he hears the goat's distress, great light emerges from Malki's crooked staff. He begins moving in that direction. "Leave Rombard alone, djinnling!"

DM:
He uses his Daylight spell-like ability.


As the surrounding area is illuminated, everyone now hears the bleats of a goat coming from the north. The edge of a dense cactus forest lies in the light to the north, the same direction as the cries. As you all move closer towards the edge of the thicket, the goat sounds very close. A feeling of uneasiness washes over all of you, as if something terrible is going to happen any moment now despite nothing occurring.

Anyone entering the cactus field has to roll an Acrobatics check to safely navigate the dense maze of large needles. The patch is a few hundred feet wide, and the cries seem to be coming from within about 30 feet.

Oh, and... Each time you roll a d20, roll twice and take the lower result. :)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert grips his Guisarme tightly for no good reason, and steps into the cactus field to try and find the bleating goat and get back to camp as quickly as possible.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7 or Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Sadly, his armor gets the better of him and he becomes entangled in a cactus as he moves. Or gets a thorn in his foot. Or gets cactus juice in his eye. Or all of the above as he struggles.

"Yee Gods I hope we don't have to fight anything in this mess! What's a goat doing in here in the first place?!"

He struggles onward...


I forgot to clarify: the DC is 15, if you fail, you still move at half-speed but take one point of damage as a cactus needles embeds itself in your skin.

It'll take everyone two rounds to get to the destination, so you can resolve each round separately or one at a time, your call. Once everyone is there, I'll proceed.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
GM Sloth wrote:

I forgot to clarify: the DC is 15, if you fail, you still move at half-speed but take one point of damage as a cactus needles embeds itself in your skin.

It'll take everyone two rounds to get to the destination, so you can resolve each round separately or one at a time, your call. Once everyone is there, I'll proceed.

So if you fail every roll do you have to make four rolls due to going at half speed? :( Assuming two rolls are sufficient for now...(I hope)

Aldebert continues to slog through the damnable cacti. "You guys wait there, I'll get the damn goat and bring it back or holler if I need you. No need for all of us to suffer through this cacti field."

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5 or Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Status:
HP: 11/13
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = Half Speed

Foolish hobbit, wandering off alone, chasing some damn fool goat. OUCH! Damn cactus.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Seeing that his new companions are willing to help, Malki touches Hazim and says, "Lalaci make your steps true and safe." Luck domain: for one round roll twice and take the better result. Cancels the curse effect?

He then attempts to enter in his own.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Feeling uneasey, Hazim pulls his scimitar and dagger. He tries to navigate through the cactus.

Acrobatics for round 1 = rolled an 8 and a 9. 8+8=16 acrobatics.

When there, Hazim attempts to stay low (using cover if any).

Stealth check rolled 7 and 9. Stealth of 7+8=15.


@Aldebert: No, it's just two rounds total. You're moving at half speed regardless if you make the check or not. It's just to avoid damage. So you've made two rounds of checks, so you're done.

@Malki & Hazim: I'll allow it. So Hazim will roll twice for round 1 and take the BETTER result.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 Acrobatics (Amiamble)
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 Acrobatics (Amiamble)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Acrobatics (Yeenoghu)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Acrobatics (Yeenoghu)

HP 7/9; 10/12

Amiamble presses through the cacti, following his brother closely. He does not cry out as the nettles pierce his flesh.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Readjusting my rolls per DM. In that case my acrobatics roll would be:
round 1 = 9+8=17.
round 2 = 11+8=19

stealth check would be (rolls of 7 and 9)9+8=17.


As the party pushes through the prickly plants, a shape begins to come into view. A goat, tied with a rope to a nearby cactus, bleats cautiously as your approach. A few needles protrude from its skin, and it seems agitated and scared from being forced into the pokey jungle of cacti.

Mahdi can roll his acrobatics later to get caught up. For now… Everyone roll Perception checks please, and refer to the appropriate spoiler based on your results. Don’t forget to roll twice and take the lower result!

GM:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Perception 18 or lower:
The cries from the goat are very distracting, but you don’t notice anything else around. You don’t get to act in the surprise round.

Perception 19+:
Behind one of the cacti near Rombard, a tiny, 1 1/2’ tall creature lurks in its shadow. It stands on two legs, but has the face of a sad, mangy lapdog, while brandishing a cactus needle like a dagger. You may act in the surprise round.

Initiative:
Mahdi: 2d20 + 6 ⇒ (7, 19) + 6 = 32
Hazim: 2d20 + 4 ⇒ (11, 3) + 4 = 18
Aldebert: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (17, 1) + 1 = 19
Amiamble: 2d20 + 5 ⇒ (6, 10) + 5 = 21
Malki: 2d20 + 2 ⇒ (9, 18) + 2 = 29
???: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Surprise Round!
Mahdi. . . 13
Amiamble. . . 11
Malki. . . 11
Hazim. . . 7
???. . . 6
Aldebert. . . 2

Welcome to our first combat! Only those that made the perception check may act in this round. Only a single move or standard action. I’m not going to make a map for this, but assume everyone is 10’ away for movement or distance. Any action will require a DC15 Acrobatics check to avoid 1 point of damage from the cacti. And, as always, continue to roll twice and take the lower result for ALL dice rolled. I love you too.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

GM Sloth, as you spend your nights pining and crying into your pillow and wondering why the universe hates you so...just remember *this* is why.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Perception

Ami looks around but affixes his attention to the goat.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round surprise, Initiative 2, location: 10' from goat

Status:
HP: 11/13
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = Half Speed

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 or Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Aldebert sees the goat and gets excited to get the poor creature and get out of the cactus patch. So much so that he doesn't notice anything else going on.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Perception roll of 19+4=23. (I rolled a 19 and a 2.)

Hazim moves behind the creature if possible (to the left of it if not.) Both of his weapons were already drawn.

Acrobatics rolls of 7 and 7
Acrobatics 7+8=15.


Hazim, you only got the "luck" for one round, which was yor first Acrobatics check. After that, it's back to taking the lower result.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Surprising Round

"Djinnling, I said leave Rombard alone! Lalaci, grant us healing that we may bat away the evils that plague your sands!"

A great holy energy emanates from Malki, healing those who have been harmed (including the goat, but not this supposed djinnling).

Channel selectively: 1d6 ⇒ 4

1 of 6 channels used today


*cough*Roll twice.*cough*


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Reposting with new DM info.

Perception 2+4=6. (rolled 19 and a 2).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Ugh, sorry sorry sorry. I had no idea the party was even back together yet, I guess I can't trust to the campaign listing updates all the time.

Mahdi apparently dawdles behind the others, looking vastly irritated at the thought of having to pick his way through the cactus. Sighing, he attempts to tuck his robes more closely to his body so they don't get shredded, then enters the mess of spiny plants.

Acro Roll 1 of First Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Acro Roll 2 of First Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Acro Roll 1 of Second Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Acro Roll 2 of Second Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

...all to no avail. He's pricked through with cactus needles by the time he gets through to the others, and his robes have been snagged in a dozen places.

-2 HP I believe.

Per roll 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Per roll 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The young wizard is much too busy glaring at the state of his robes to notice anything about goats... or anything else, at least until it becomes clear to him from the yells of the others that they are now in a fight.

Mahdi, AC 11, HP 6/8


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Perception 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Only Malki spots the tiny creature lurking in the shadows. He gives a prayer to Lalaci, healing his allies from their previous cactus injuries.

Everyone should be fully healed for your turn. Don't forget that you will still need acrobatics checks if you move or attack... TWO of them! How unlucky!

Surprise Round, Init 6

1d6 ⇒ 2

The tiny creature, snarling with the ferocity of an ugly rodent, throws the cactus needle in its hand at Amiamble, who is 10' away.

Attack vs Flat-footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
... Which misses.

Round 1
Mahdi. . . 13
Amiamble. . . 11
Malki. . . 11
Hazim. . . 7
???. . . 6
Aldebert. . . 2


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 11

Amiamble draws his halfling sling and loads it. Yeenoghu will ready to swat it if it comes close.

"Careful now, Yeenoghu," Ami whispers to Yeeonghu.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Round 1, init 7

Hazim had his weapons already drawn. He moves to put himself behind the creature if possible.

Acrobatics rolls (10 and 18) 10+8=18

He then brings his scimitar down on the snarling rat thing.

Acrobatics rolls for attacking (12 and 15) 12+8=20

Attack rolls with scimitar (20 and 9) 9+6=15 (17 if flank).
Damage rolls (6 and 4) 4+1=5 (and if sneak attack add 3 more, and yes I rolled twice for that.)


Sorry, you don't have to roll twice for damage. Only d20 rolls. I didn't specify that before.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

In that case damage is 6+1=7 and add 4 more if there is a sneak attack.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Assuming he can see this creature, I would like to see what, if anything, Mahdi knows about it! Assuming he can't, ignore the knowledge roll(s).

Knowledge (arcana/dungeoneering/history/local/nature), Roll 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge (arcana/dungeoneering/history/local/nature), Roll 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"By Ymeri's burning throne-- I do not have time for this nonsense," he hisses in Kelish. Quickly, he tells the others what he knows of the little wretched beast, then raises his hand to call forth the fire that he managed to restrain himself from using on the idiot guards.

Acrobatics if I need it to cast, Roll 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Acrobatics if I need it to cast, Roll 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1 point damage. If that is considered as 'injured while casting', and if Sloth is being a jerkface, I will now make two attempted Concentration rolls...

Concentration, Roll 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Concentration, Roll 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Fire erupts from Mahdi's fingers and shoots in a blazing line through the desert dunes straight for the little creature.

Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Fire Jet, 20' feet line of fire. I'm assuming that there would be a line that Mahdi could angle it on that wouldn't hit anyone else, but I don't know that for certain without a map. Auto-hits, 1d6 damage and possibly sets foe on fire, reflex save DC 13 for half-damage and not-on-fire.

7/8 HP


Fire Jet is supernatural and not spell-like?? Cheeeeeesy. ;)

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The creature jumps when the blast of fire flies its way, avoiding most of it but still feeling singed from the flames. Hazim takes the chance to rush forward and slash the distracted, tiny creature, finishing it off. It slumps to the ground in a smelly, ugly heap, and the feeling of uneasiness seems to fade from everyone. Even Rombard seems immediately more relaxed, though still agitated. Upon closer examination, it seems a deep ravine rests just a few feet behind the captive goat.

Mahdi thinks he has heard of tiny gremlins that inhabit the desert, but knows nothing beyond that.

Hazim killed it with or without the sneak. Nice job gang.

Freeing Rombard will take a survival check to untie the rope, or a slashing weapon to cut it (though an acrobatics check will be required if attacking.) Also, a Handle Animal check will be needed to calm down the goat to follow you instead of running off, either towards the caravan or possibly off into the ravine...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Is it? I just assumed it was SLA and didn't even bother looking. Huh! Well that's nice. :D

Mahdi nods once to his brother, approval for his quick slash-- in the understated fashion that develops when two men have worked so long together that they almost seem one unit at times.

"I'll let somebody else grab that bleating goat," he mutters, pressing his hand to his mouth to help staunch the blood of another cactus-needle scratch.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble smiles as the creature is cut down before he has a chance to fight.

Again with the fire. He likes to burn things, that one does. Now for the goat.

Amiamble looks at the cacti, then the goat, then to Aldebert. He will stow his staffsling.

Is this one yours or mine, brother?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert reacts to the combat in his usual speedy way, and misses the whole thing.

Damn cactii slowing me down!

"Nice teamwork you two - VERY well done! Hazim, I'll be glad to flank with you any time I can... I, uh, was just a little delayed here, but it's clear I was not needed in this fight! Well done indeed." Aldebert grins.

He turns to the other brothers, Amiamble and Mahdi, "So what is that thing? And why is it collecting goats? Maybe we should check for tracks, there may be more of them in this field."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

A disinterested shrug. Mahdi is busy scowling at his torn robe.

"Some nasty little gremlin of the desert. If you wish to try and find its tracks among these cursed thorns, I shall not stop you."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is disappointed at Mahdi's disinterest, but he covers it quickly.

"OK. I'm not very good at this, but I'll see what I can find."

Aldebert looks around for tracks, and tries to avoid the thorns as he does so.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

"Hrm. All I can find is our tracks and a bunch of needles. Ahh well, it was worth a try. I wonder what the creature was doing with the goat in the first place? So many questions." He turns to his brother hoping for some answers.

What kind of creature was that? What is it doing out here? Is it some wizards familiar? Could it have started the fire? How... Get a hold of yourself man. Calm down!

Aldebert calms his racing mind and unhooks the goat preparing to lead him back out of the cactus growth.

I presume two moves to get out?
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Status:
HP: 11/13
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme, Goat tether
Conditions = Half Speed


A Handle Animal check is also required to move the goat. It can come from anyone, but Rombard will not behave unless someone succeeds.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

My brother is so good.

Amiamble goes to assist his brother, dismounting from Yeenoghu.

"Stay here, Yeenoghu," Ami whispers to the big cat. "You can wait for me outside the thorns if you'd like."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Acrobatics (Yeenoghu) to flee cacti
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 Acrobatics (Amiamble) to get to goat
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 Acrobatics (Amiamble) to flee cacti
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 Acrobatics (Amiamble) to flee cacti

Amiamble will approach the goat and stare at it for a minute, trying to get inside it's mind and calm it down.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Handle Animal

Ami will lead the goat out, carrying it if it will let him (although, compared to Amiamble, they are of about the same size).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Hazim, can you grab the body? It might be worth further study," Mahdi says to his brother, oblivious to Aldebert's disappointment in himself. He starts very gingerly picking his way back out through the patch of flesh-rending cacti.

Acro 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Acro 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"Ow!" Another thorn gets him once, and he hisses his frustration.


Amiamble is able to calm Rombard enough to let the halfling guide him out.

GM:
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 5

LOL. If you're curious, I just rolled a bunch of stabilize checks to see if the creature ever stops bleeding out. Pretty funny.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble guides the goat out and hands the rope to Aldebert. He then uses his free hands to pull any stingers from Yeenoghu first, then himself.

"Don't you worry, Yeenoghu, I'll get these out. Sorry about all this," Ami whispers to Yeenoghu.

HP: 6/9, 11/12

"Aldebert, do you think you can lead the goat back? I think I saw something over that hill," Ami whispers to 'bert and without waiting for an answer he mounts Yeenoghu and they dash over to see what is above the next crest.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert collects the goat and tries to drag it back to the camp.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

As they walk back, he turns to the others, "So what do we want to tell Almah? I'm at a loss as to who might have started this blaze and why little desert imp things are stealing goats. I hate to tell her we've failed, but I see no other solutions."

Status:
HP: 11/13
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme & Goat
Conditions = None


I'm assuming you're all headed back to the caravan at this point, to return Rombard and see Almah?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ayep. Back we go.

Ami goes from side to side, scouting.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi makes a disgusted noise in the back of his throat as they walk back through the dunes.

"We tell Almah that her guards are a waste of time," he says shortly. He takes a few more steps, then exhales and says somewhat more measuredly--

"...that we are looking into it. That many in the caravan suspect Dashki, but that we have no firm evidence of his involvement, yet, and that we, at least, do not damn people before we have proof."

Mahdi inspects the scratch on the back of his hand before continuing. "Investigations do not happen in the space of an hour. It is entirely possible that it was merely mishap and candles... we have no proof otherwise, only suspicions. Let us tell Almah that we wish to let the true culprit, if there was one, be lulled into false security by an official verdict of 'candles'... that we may determine the truth more subtly."


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Sorry to have missed that fun little fight. Have been in a board retreat this weekend. Hope to catch up tonight.


No worries. While I generally resolve combat in initiative order, if its a really trivial fight and someone's post has defeated it with no resources expended, I'll typically end it. Just in the interest of moving things along.


Rombard bleats with excitement as you arrive back at the caravan. Hadrod and his wife come running out of their wagon, the man’s eyes full of tears. ”Rombard! Oh, sweet Rombard, you’re safe. Thank you all so much,” he says, taking the goat’s leash and escorting it back to the animal pen.

”We don’t really have anything to give you for rescuing our Rombard, except for our thanks.” Hadrah says with a smile. Turning to Malki, she says, “And if you dig up any more dirt on this whole fire-business, make sure you come tell me.” Her eyes glimmer with excitement at the prospect of juicy gossip.

Upon arrival at Almah’s tent, you find the leader of the caravan sitting and poring over maps and notes, deep in thought. Garavel is pacing back and forth, and as you all enter, his eyes turn sharply to the party.

”Where have you been? I told the halfling to report to Almah twenty minutes ago! And… Why are your robes torn and your cheeks cut? What in the world have you been doing?”


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Geez. For a guy who's supposed to be emotionless, this guy is an angry @$^@%!

Amiamble shirks to the back in reaction to Garavel's tirade.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Stealth behind the shorter Aldebert

"You are always good at talking to others, Aldebert. Tell him we were doing good. We fought against wicked little imp that raided the caravan. We protected where all her other guards falied. They should be the ones punished," Ami whispers to Aldebert, nudging him forward.


He's firm, but not angry. Unlike me when I'm GMing one of your tables.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi executes a perfunctory bow to Almah, including Garavel in it by extension.

"Lady, I apologize for the delay. There was a desert gremlin, a spirit of mischief and evil, who had dragged away some of your livestock. It seemed a suspicious thing, and such creatures delight in harassing mortals, so it was not outside the realm of possibility that it was involved in the fire. In any case, this far out into the desert, even a mere goat is a resource that we cannot simply write off as inevitable loss. Property is hard to replace out here, as I am sure you well know."

He glances to Aldebert to see if the halfling intends to say the rest of their 'findings', or if he should.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

If DM allows me to backtrack, Hazim would have used a coup de grace to behead the little dog monster, and carry back the head as proof.

If allowed, then Hazim would throw the dog head at Garavel as Mahdi is speaking, to illustrate his brothers point.


Almah stands to get a better look at the trophy that Hazim presented. After a few moments of staring with puzzled eyes, she calls out, "Fixx!"

One of Almah's personal guards that you spoke with before steps into the tent. "Yes, my lady?"

Still staring at the severed head, she responds, "Go find Dashki and bring him here. He might have some information that is helpful. This is his area of expertise, after all."

With that, the guard bows and swiftly leaves. Garavel glances at Almah with a look that suggests he does not approve of involving the hunter in this affair.

201 to 250 of 10,988 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.