GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


301 to 350 of 10,988 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

No idea how Sloth is going to do it but when I GM PBP using roll20, the roll20 is really just there for the visualization aspects: being able to see where your character is, see what your character CAN see (so useful), being able to calculate range, etc. I still have people roll dice and tell me what they are doing via the message boards-- ideally I like each of my players to still be able to know what is going on even if they only use the MB and can't access the roll20 for whatever reason. So you don't necessarily have to 'lose' the message board combat aspects. :)

"A moment," says Mahdi, and retrieves a scroll from a scroll case at his belt. He mutters the ancient words aloud and the scroll crumbles into fine dust to mingle with the desert sands. [Mage Armor, 1 hr: new AC 15]

Then he nods, and arranges himself somewhere in the middle of the group, gripping his staff tightly.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Silly me for missing the campaign tab! Cool - so the best of both worlds. :)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Re:Rolld20. Ami will be near constantly upon Yeenoghu's back and will generally just be moving Ami's token around the boards, and then bringing in the Yeenoghu token when Ami dismounts.

Approaching the monastery, Amiamble attaches his buckler to his left arm and readies his halfling staffsling with a stone, giving it a few practice twirls.

"Brother, we go indoors soon...maybe the heat will be lessened within. Here, drink more water," Ami conjures water for Ami, Alde, & Yeenoghu (and anyone else who wants it) to drink their fill. "Today, we will strike our first blow against the wickedness in these lands. And the Sun will shine upon us and the Scale will be better balanced."

As we walk these halls, Ami will be quite close to Aldebert, about 5 or 10' behind him and one square to the either left or right, usually. As needed or requested, he will cast light upon 'bert's weapon.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi nods his thanks for the water-- though they left at the crack of dawn, the day is already warming up. He can't imagine trying to do this in armor.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim checks his gear, stretches, and then addresses the group when ready.

I would like to scout ahead. I won't stray too far ahead and I'll report what I find. A little added information would go along way for us? Everyone alright with this?

If everyone agrees, Hazim will sneak forward, and scout out the entrance of the monastery.

Stealth roll of 18+8=26.

When there, take 20 perception if allowed for 24(25vs traps)

If not allowed to take 20, perception of 5+4=9(10 vs traps.)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Be careful, Hazim," Mahdi says, watching his brother slip ahead.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)
Hazim Al-Jabira wrote:
I would like to scout ahead. I won't stray too far ahead and I'll report what I find. A little added information would go along way for us? Everyone alright with this?

"Very wise, but do be careful. I'll be not too far behind when I can."


Scrub brush and a light, patchy carpet of weeds invade the monastery through two huge fallen sections of the western wall. The exposed nave beyond is a huge hallway littered with bits of debris ranging from tiny rocks to enormous sections of collapsed masonry. Most of the roof above the long promenade is gone, but several jagged pillars remain.

Hazim doesn't see or hear anything coming from the entrance to the cathedral.

Dont forget to move your token where you're planning on exploring. Adjust, then post here.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Malki moves up and begins searching for signs of tracks.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

While at the entrance, Hazim also scouts for tracks/sign of movement:

If allowed to take 20, Survival of 20+5=25, if not roll of 11+5=16.

Hazim returns to the group with his findings, if any.

When entering the halls, Hazim asks to be in front, to check for dangers (give him 10-30 feet, if possible.)

Token moved


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeenoghu creep up slowly, giving Hazim plenty of time to scout and look.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert moves up cautiously looking around and doing his best not to get in Hazim's way.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Clearly his best isn't very good...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi just strolls along with the group while y'all are sneaky. --oh, alright, he'll <I>try</i> and be quiet. Look, one brother is the quiet one here, and it's not Mahdi.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He does look over the monastery with interest as he walks up, though-- old, very old...

If any knowledges are useful-- History/Dungeoneering/Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


@Hazim: You find more of the same tiny dog-like prints in the dirt and dust. They seem to be going in all directions, making it difficult to determine in exact path they follow.

A1

There are two entrances to the south, one directly in front of you to the south and another further down the massive, ruined nave. To the east, stairs lead up towards a landing, likely the chapel proper. A pair of alcoves flank the stairs, but you are too far away to determine if anything rests in these openings.

Where to?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami leans in to whisper to Aldebert.

"This is a sad sight...and far too quiet. I don't think there are many gnolls here. If there were, we would have seen or smelled them by now. Either they have fled before our coming or they were never here. Other things may inhabit this monastery...but gnolls, I think not."

Ami will continue to follow behind 'bert, a shadow over his shoulder.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim will head back to the group and share what he has found.

I would like to secure this open area. I will scout the doors and the alcoves, and then we can decide which way. I'll return."

To door directly south

Stealth 19+8=27
Perception 24(25vs traps) if allowed 20. If not 12+4=16.

Then same to next door
stealth 11+8=19
perception 24/25 or 3+4=7/8

then same to stairs
stealth 15+8=23
perception 24/25 or 14+4=18/19


Information dump time! I tried to make the room labels as clear as possible. Let me know if they're still tough to read. Also, I'm just going to post the room descriptions publicly for now, but assume your character is unaware until you actually move to explore that location.

A13

This large but plain interior hallway leads to the various chambers of the monastery’s southern wing. A weatherworn statue of a winged woman stands in the middle of the hall.

Hazim:
You hear some clattering of metal, possibly pots and utensils, against the floor somewhere in this direction.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

A7

The outer wall of the west cloister passage bears a massive carving. The central figure—the heroic man with the pointed beard—preaches to a variety of human clerics from throughout the long history of the monastery. The first image depicts the figure manifesting in a spiritual manner to a small group of pilgrims of Sarenrae. Another shows the figure conversing with a man in religious finery while the monastery itself is being constructed in the background. Thereafter follows a procession of similar poses, each depicting a visit by the bearded man and the leader of each era of the temple. The depictions of these clerics often also bear an identifying inscription, complete with
dates that span the last several hundred years. The most recent
carving is from thirty years ago, and while ample room remains for additional carvings on the west wall, the last thirty feet or so are completely blank.

It seems there are open archways that lead somewhere where the floor is covered with weeds. No sounds come from this way.

A1aThis chamber holds the remnants of what was seemingly a shrine and wooden altar at some point. The ceiling is intact, which has preserved a huge bas-relief statue of a muscular humanoid man with a pointy beard gesturing toward a huge mountain in the background, his face a picture of mortal concern.

Knowledge: Local and/or Religion

A1b

A similar statue adorns the eastern wall of this chamber, in this case with the bearded figure appearing on a hilltop to a group of robed pilgrims. The being holds up his hands, palms out, in a sign of peace. Though many of the faces and limbs on the bas-relief have been worn down or cut away, the expressions of those range from beatific to horrified.

A crude stone stele that seems to have been erected more recently than the abandonment of the monastery stands here as well. Its graven inscription reads: “A ghost of unholy mien was purged from this place by Theodephus Estrovan, servant of Aroden, 4691 AR.”

A2

Hazim:
Before you even take your first step up the stairs, you hear the sounds of high-pitched giggling and noises in a language you don't understand. The sounds seem to be coming from up above. As you creep closer up the stairs to observe, you don't spot any creatures, though the sounds seem to be coming from the rafters 20' up.

A short set of wide ceremonial steps leads down to a cavernous chapel in which the congregants would gather for sermons in happier times. The vibrant orange and red starburst of Sarenrae still stands behind a film of rusted rainwater and dirt along the north wall overlooking the collapsed altar. Between the stairs and the altar stand dozens of old marble benches, many overturned and even more broken into two or more pieces. A wide walkway bisects the pews, leading directly to the raised altar. Here and there a few clumps of the original red carpet along this thoroughfare hang on against rot and neglect.

Above the center of the chapel, dangling about ten feet from the floor, hangs a cluster of gnoll skulls in various stages of decay. Strung together like a ghoulish candelabra of twine and bone, the boulder-sized ornament hangs from the wooden rafters about twenty feet above the ground.

A choir loft also seems to perch above the chapel, with an iron ladder leading up to it on the north wall. It also seems to allow access to the rickety-looking wooden rafters above (Marked "L" on the map.)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Before Hazim can creep his way back to the party from the chapel steps, a loud yelp and bark pierces the silence of the nave. It seems the rogue has been spotted!


Initiative:
Mahdi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Hazim 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Hazim 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Amiamble: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Malki: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Pugwampi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Round 1

Aldebert. . . 20
Pugwampi 1. . . 19
Pugwampi 2. . . 15
Pugwampi 3. . . 13
Mahdi. . . 12
Pugwampi 4. . . 11
Malki. . . 10
Pugwampi 5. . . 8
Amiamble. . . 7
Pugwampi 6. . . 6
Hazim. . . 5 Uh oh! So unlucky!

Okay... This combat is going to be WEIRD. And frustrating. Bear with me. Since Hazim said he was going to scout everything first before reporting to the party, that's what I ran with.

If you are up anywhere in area A2, starting at the top of the stairs, you are in the pugwampi unluck aura. So, please be aware of your position and roll twice accordingly for all d20 rolls, taking the lower result. All of the combatants are 20’ above in the rafters.

The rest of the party is starting from where they are on the map currently, since I heard nothing otherwise about moving. Good (bad) luck team!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Do we need to do any sort of perception to even realize a combat has been joined, or can it be assumed we heard the initial yelp?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round 1, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13
Weapon Equipped = Guisarme
Conditions = None

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Hearing (barely) a barking, Aldebert leaps into action and runs down the hall toward Hazim. Run action x4 move, and I'm closer, but done.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

on his turn Mahdi stands up straight for a moment, hearing that echoing cry, then swears in Ignan to himself before breaking into a full-on run down the hall towards the sound.

And you scold me for over-confidence, Hazim! he thinks to himself as his boots pound the old stones of the monastery.

Run Action, 120 feet movement, all that jazz.

AC is currently 14 [10+4(mage armor)-1 Dex].


Round 1, Init 19, 15, 13

The yelping and chittering begin to multiply, as tiny dog-faced gremlins peek their heads over the sides of the rafters above. Some giggle maniacally, seeing only Hazim, and being drooling at the possibility of eating man-meat for breakfast.

Pugwampi 1 picks up a tiny little bow and fires a needle-sized arrow at Hazim.

Attack vs. Hazim flat-footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Pugwampi 2 runs forward to get a closer look and sees more big folk running closer. He yelps and throws his eaten apple core at Hazim.

Pugwampi 3 jumps on the hanging chandelier of gnoll bones and laughs hysterically. Shadowy blot in the certain of A2

Hazim suffers 1 point of non-lethal damage. THE PAIN!


Round 1 Continued

Aldebert. . . 20
Pugwampi 1. . . 19
Pugwampi 2. . . 15
Pugwampi 3. . . 13
Mahdi. . . 12
*Pugwampi 4. . . 11
Malki. . . 10
Pugwampi 5. . . 8
Amiamble. . . 7
Pugwampi 6. . . 6
Hazim. . . 5

Mahdi and Aldebert are running towards the sounds, and where they last saw Hazim head.

Pugwampi 4 runs forward along the rafters and also fires his tiny bow at the rogue.

Attack vs. Hazim flat-footed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

But the tiny arrow clatters on the ground next to Hazim as well. High-pitched laughter is heard all throughout the rafters.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Hazim draws his weapons (scimitar and dagger)- move action for each?.

If two move actions to draw all weps, then Hazim five foot steps back, closer to Mahdi. (I moved the token to reflect this.)

If you let me draw both weps with a move, then I will use standard to throw dagger at pug 1. But for now, I'm assuming no.


TWF lets you draw two weapons in the same amount of time it takes to draw one.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Ok. In that case, Hazim will"

Move Action - draw weapons (scim and dagger.)
Standard to throw dagger at pug 1-
roll of 9+6. So 6+4=10 to hit with dagger.

Five foot step back towards Mahdi. (already done.)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 7

"Yeaahhh!" Ami spurs Yeenoghu to sprint, moving 100' to close to Mahdi.

As Ami rides, his halfling staffsling (aka 'halfsling') trails behind him. At the end of his ride, Ami will take total defense.

I doubt those are gnolls.


Round 1, Init 8

Pugwampi 5 goes to grab the shortbow out of Pugwampi 6's hands, but #6 pulls away.

Round 1, Init 6

Pugwampi 6 begins to bark and bicker with #5, angry that he just tried to steal his shortbow.

Just waiting on Malki


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Round 1, Init 10

Malki runs toward the fight. "Lalaci grant us good fortune!"


Round 1 Recap

Aldebert, Mahdi, Amiamble and Malki run forward as quickly as possible to assist Hazim.

Hazim draws his weapons and hurls a dagger at one of the pugwampi above, but the blade misses its mark and clatters along the ground.

One of the pugwampis lands a successful shot in Hazim’s shoulder, causing minimal pain. The others miss, squabble, and act chaotically.

Only Hazim has taken any damage so far. -1 non-lethal.

Round 2

Aldebert. . . 20
Pugwampi 1. . . 19
Pugwampi 2. . . 15
Pugwampi 3. . . 13
Mahdi. . . 12
Pugwampi 4. . . 11
Malki. . . 10
Pugwampi 5. . . 8
Amiamble. . . 7
Pugwampi 6. . . 6
Hazim. . . 5

Aldebert’s up, then it’s pugwampi action!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round 2, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Conditions = None

Seeing the state of things, Aldebert moves up a little closer so he can see the creatures through the door. Then he drops his Guisarme and gathers up his crossbow (move and move).


Round 2, Init 19, 15, 13

Pugwampi 1
Shortbow vs Hazim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

Pugwampi 2 barks and draws his short bow as well.
Shortbow vs Hazim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Pugwampi 3 continues to bark and yip while hanging from the chandelier.

No successful hits on Hazim.


Round 2, Init 11

GM:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

DC 30 Perception Success:
You notice one of the pugwampis slink down and slowly begin climbing down the rafters along the side of the south wall.

DC 30 Perception Failure:
One of the pugwampis that was yelping a moment ago seems to have disappeared.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Perception vs. DC 30 (fail)

Ami spurs Yeenoghu to a place where he can get a clean shot (and hopefully not feel unease).

Ami lets loose with a stone at the nearest Pug, propelled with force by his sling.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 to hit; (no cover per GM)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage.

Yeenoghu readies to swat a Pug if one comes close. Ami reloads.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Round 2
Init 5

Hazim will back up (move 6 square.)
Free action to drop scimitar in his square.
Move action to pull out shortbow.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Round 2, Init 10

"Lalaci, lend us luck that we might smite these minions of misfortune." Malki calls the Shepherd's blessing down upon the party, and draws his sling from his belt.

+1 morale bonus to hit and fear saves.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 2, Init 12

Can't hit a 30 Perception so yes, fail here too :P

"I've lost track of one of the little wretches," Mahdi yells to the others. "We might fall back, using the pillars for cover, and try to get them to come to us-- no spells I know will easily reach them from here, so we either must get them to ground, or stand there below them and be pincushions as we exchange rocks and bolts."

Using the pillar he is behind for cover, if possible, and readying one of his fire jets if any pugwampi that he can see comes within 20'.


If you move to the top of the stairs, they would be 20' away. Just sayin'... :)


Don't forget to post the round and initiative count at the top of your posts, please. Thanks!

Round 2, Init. 8, 6

The two pugwampis continue to bicker and bark at each other, engaging in a tug-of-war over the shortbow.

Round 2 Recap

The rest of the party joins the fray. Aldebert arms himself with his crossbow, and Hazim with his shortbow. Malki casts Bless upon the party. Mahdi takes cover behind a pillar and readies to burn the pugwampis. Amiamble fires his sling and lands a clean shot that should've taken the creature's little head clean off, but somehow it still stands.

The pugwampis miss their attacks on Hazim, and the rest continue their antics.

Round 3

Aldebert. . . 20
Pugwampi 1 (wounded). . . 19
Pugwampi 2. . . 15
Pugwampi 3. . . 13
Mahdi. . . 12
Pugwampi 4. . . 11
Malki. . . 10
Pugwampi 5. . . 8
Amiamble. . . 7
Pugwampi 6. . . 6
Hazim. . . 5


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Oh, I'm aware of that. Mahdi doesn't feel he wishes to be a pincushion.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round 3, Initiative 20

Status:
HP: 13/13 AC: 17 (F16/T12)
Weapon Equipped = Light Crossbow
Bolts = 9 of 10
Conditions = None

Aldebert moves up another 5', loads his crossbow, and takes a shot at the Pug his brother is attacking.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 (+1 bless) damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"Damn and blast - I never could get the hang of this weapon!" Aldebert shakes his crossbow to get the bugs out.


Sorry, I need to clarify something. I didn't notice where Amiamble and the rest were. From there, you definitely have cover. There is an arch that extends over the stairs, which makes it difficult to see up to the rafters from there. So, if you want no cover, you'll need to be at least to the base of the stairs.

Ami's attack still hit, even with cover.


Male CG Human Rogue 2 / Fort+1, Ref +7, Will +0. Percep: + 5 (+ 6vs traps). Appraise +7 (no spellcraft). AC 17 (t 14, ff 13) HP 17 Init +4

Round 3, init 5

Hazim fires a shot at the injured pugwampi if it is not down yet. If it is down, he fires at the next closest.

-don't have my dice on me today, bleh.-

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 ⇒ 3

and percentile for cover
1d20 ⇒ 7

He then uses a move action to pick up his scimitar, and shuffles forward (five foot step.)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 3, Init 12

Mahdi sighs as they don't seem to be drawing back. He draws his own, rarely-used crossbow, and slides a bolt into the stock.


Male CG Cleric 1 | Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5 | AC 12 | P +5, Init +2 | HP 9/9

Round 3, Init 10

Malki takes a few beautiful stones out of his pocket and begs Lalaci to let them strike true.

Magic stone


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 7

Was pausing in posting to pinpoint where the plethora of pugwumpii placed their petunias on the plot. I guess I'll move after GM Sloth gets all their actions in.

Amiamble guides Yeenoghu to a place where he can get a clear shot at a pugwump (30' move to somewhere after they have gone).

Ami slings again.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

Ami reloads. Yeenoghu readies to bite any badguy that comes close.


Round 3 - All pugwampis

Pug 1
Shortbow vs Hazim: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Pug 2
Shortbow vs Amiamble: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Pug 3 is still hangin'.

Pug 4
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

Perception DC 18:
One of the pugwampis has made its way to the floor and is lurking at the top of the stairs.

Lots of barking and yipping echoes through the chapel.

DC 13: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Pugs 5 and 6 are still engaged in their argument.


Round 4

Aldebert. . . 20
Pugwampi 1 (wounded). . . 19
Pugwampi 2. . . 15
Pugwampi 3. . . 13
Mahdi. . . 12
Pugwampi 4. . . 11
Malki. . . 10
Pugwampi 5. . . 8
Amiamble. . . 7
Pugwampi 6. . . 6
Hazim. . . 5


Aldebert's actions will precede this, but I don't think their actions will change.

Round 4, Init. 19, 15, 13

The arrow-slinging pugwampis, one of them severely wounded, bark at each other in their language and then retreat back out of sight.

GM:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 261d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 351d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Ami Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Sadly, no one else can hit the perception DC, even on a 20...

The pugwampis that were closest to the party have gone silent and slinked away into the shadows. The sound of some snarling can be heard faintly in the rafters forward and above, but no pugwampis are visible from the bottom of the stairs anymore.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Round 4, Init 12

Perception vs the 18 DC?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Nooope.

Mahdi gets the crossbow loaded just in time to.... see them all scurry away. He huffs his irritation.

"Are we racing after those things into the shadows?" he asks shortly of the others. "It seems a good way to get ourselves filled with arrows shot from hiding."

On delay, if permitted.

301 to 350 of 10,988 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.