GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,501 to 10,550 of 10,970 << first < prev | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | next > last >>

Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"That Almond Tree!! In that garden under the Throne of that bastard!! I remember feeling the fullness of a good meal eating just one of those almonds... one nut for one gut. Great stuff, stuffing my pate."

Pent turns to Mahdi. "You could get us there, right? Just blink us into that chamber? Then we'd be there to rescue the half's sis, with yours not too far away..."

Pent turns to Aldebert. "Yeah, I'd be able to cast the wind walking twice, if we need to do so. But like you said, we could just Wish ourselves there. Right, Princess?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

A light goes on in Aldebert's head, Oh yeah, the Almond Tree!

"Those were great almonds. Let's use the wish to get us there brother. A wish to save Haleen will save but one person. Think of the good we can do if we go there ourselves and save them all!"

"Pent, you might consider preparing two tomorrow in case we need to escape once we're inside. I dunno. I might switch up my spells a bit tomorrow as well to get an extra dimension door for the same reason. Escape."

He looks to the group, "I know we're not a hundred percent, but we're pretty close. Just Mahdi's teleportation to get us back from town I think. I say we use the wish to descend to the almond tree chamber and drive the enemy out of their hole!"

It's clear Aldebert is excited to proceed, and without delay.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami is ready to go, though he doesn’t see why they can’t wish for both Haleen to be safe and them to be there.

”Let’s do this, Brother.”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf continues to flex and stretch, a few pops and snaps can be heard from his back and neck as he leans from side to side.

"Let's bring the what-for to this sullen bastard."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi produces, with a flourish, a few scrolls. "I believe I can transport us all to the Almond Tree in question... I took the liberty of arranging a few additional precautions, given our number. Ami, will Yeen consent to being-- very briefly-- a small statuette? I am going to do the same for my little friend, Sa'amm. It will enable us to get everyone there. I asked Nefeshti earlier if we could simply wish away our loved ones to safety-- she said at the time it would take multiple wishes to do that successfully, per person."

Mahdi takes a breath. "As long as the almond tree chamber isn't warded against us, I should be able to get us all there, with the one spell. I will set up a safeguard to bring us back here in case of great danger."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

(I thought we were using the wish to get us inside, right now. We'll need a teleport to get out maybe though, so it's still totally useful, but save the spells for escape.)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I'm sorry. My reading comprehension skills are crap right now. Okay so, Wish to get in, pre-emptive Getaway casting to prepare an escape for us. I'll still buy two scrolls of Carry Companion though, they're useful.

Mahdi pauses as he remembers Wishcraft was already being discussed as a way in. Clearly the absence of his brother is a great distraction upon him.

"....let us be off then with the morning's light."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Mahdi al-Jabira wrote:
"....let us be off then with the morning's light."

With that, Ami nods and smashes his tiny fist into his tiny open palm. The international gesture for the ‘what for’, which is what Ami intends to give the bad people in the morning.

For now though, he hops on Yeen to ride and run in the sun until it is time for dinner.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Aldebert wrote:
"Pent, you might consider preparing two tomorrow in case we need to escape once we're inside. I dunno. I might switch up my spells a bit tomorrow as well to get an extra dimension door for the same reason. Escape."

The gnome nods. "That I can do."

Pent listens to Aldebert's desire to fire immediately away, while Mahdi counsels a morning's departure, the following day. Then he watches Ami gear up for an afternoon's ride, and the gnome slips into a small confusion. He looks over at Otah stretching, and figures the fighters are champing at the bit, like now...

"So, like, are we blinking back to the Almond tree now? Or on the morrow?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Can we not leave now? We have a wish remaining today, and the longer we wait the more likely it is our sister is captured, or worse. I say we strike now, even if it puts us at a slight disadvantage."

He looks to the others pleadingly, "Please, let us not waste more time. Let's go."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent startles. "Well, I'm good and rested now. The Wish is at the ready, and Jhavhul still walks this land. I'm with you, Aldebert." Pent looks at the three others who will risk everything, and wonders what clenches at their respective hearts...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Princess Nefeshti doesn't interrupt as the conversation heightens the Scourge's resolve, but she certainly looks on with great interest.

The GM also looks on with great interest. Take 1 Wish, or Take 4. Risk the death of loved ones for greater magic, or seize the day, and be Nefeshti's Tip of the Spear...


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Ready to go. Let's not make your loved ones wait longer."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sigh, chalk that up to failed reading comprehension too. We can go now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

As always, thank you for your patience, and attention.

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 64

Undrella does depart, though she looks a touch irritated at being ignored by the Scourge, what, given the value of her intelligence regarding the House of the Beast. It's probably a good thing that you'll be well ahead of her when the Princess launches you into the chamber of the Almond Tree, by the last Wish of the day...

When the party has readied itself to the best of its ability...

Nefeshti speaks ancient words of power, and the interior of the Monastery shifts abruptly to the interior of the Stone Speakers- the garden-like chamber that sits below the Maggot Throne.

An audible gasp of a female voice can be heard just behind you! "What are you doing here?! Get down!!"

Turning, you see the frightened face of a brunette halfling woman. It is the face of Haleen, sister halfling to the Brothers Piddlespot. She has made herself quite small, and is using the bountiful Almond Tree as cover, from the rest of the room known as the Stone Speakers.

This chamber is an unexpected sight—an elaborate underground garden lit by softly glowing crystals in the ceiling twenty feet above. Gravel walkways wind between verdant trees and shrubs that rustle softly in a gentle breeze that seems to come from nowhere. As the garden’s centerpiece, cracked granite benches surround a cobblestone fountain filled with crystal-clear water. To the south, a gently flowing creek runs across a pebbly streambed that passes through a rock garden and into an iron grill drain along a passageway to the south.

You stand to the north, next to the lone almond tree in its alcove, while to the west, a double arch leads to a small circular room. Four sandstone sculptures chiseled into the forms of huge angry faces stand throughout the room. These faces are known to you as the Stone Speakers.

When last you encountered them, the magic infused within the sandstone was capable of summoning rasts. Promptly, too, upon recognizing your presence, though only once in a day's span. This time, you see no rasts suddenly appear.

Instead, the room is populated by new denizens.

Thick tangles of discolored entrails cling to these lurching skeletons' torsos and wind upward to loll from their jaws like clawed tongues. There are six such skeletons.

Knowledge(Religion) DC 18:

These lovely specimens are Mohrgs, Chaotic Evil Undead risen from the corpses of slaughterers like soldiers, mass murderers, or berserkers. Some say they retain memories of their former selves, returning to old haunts...

1 question for every 5 above 18

The most prominent denizen of the room, however, is a sight to behold.

Ghartok, the Carrion King, is an emaciated shadow of his former self. His skin is stretched tight over his twisted bones, and his intestines loll horribly from his mouth like a freakish, engorged tongue. He has acquired patchwork hide armor, a tattered black cloak, and a deadly greataxe he wields one-handed.

Your sudden appearance in the room doesn't go unnoticed by skeletons in the chamber.

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 10
MB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
MR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
MG: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
MO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
MP: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
MY: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
CK: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Orange and Purple waste no time in closing the distance, striking out with their snake tongues, before moving backwards without missing a stride.

Tongue Touch Attack, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Tongue Touch Attack, P: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Otah and Pent, please make a Fortitude Save DC 21. Failure, and you're Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, the Carrion King moves slowly across the room, watching his minions begin their work...

Round 1
MO- 27
MP- 21
CK- 21
Aldebert- 20
MB- 16
Mahdi- 14
MG- 12
Otah- 12- (Fortitude Save DC 21)
Amiamble- 11
Pent- 10 (Fortitude Save DC 21)
MR- 9
MY- 9

Aldebert is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Knowledge(Religion) v DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Fortitude Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22 Whew

"Mohrgs!! Blasted undead bastards!! That tongue was licking me into a stupor, so best beware of their lashings!!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Buffs being Cast Before We go: Overland Flight (self, 14 hours), Life Bubble (all PCs and animal companions, 4 hours each), Getaway (all PCs and animal companions, keyed back to Nefeshti's base, lasts until triggered), Mage Armor (self, Gretiem, Yeen, lasts 14 hours), Shield - cast into an ioun stone and given to Otah to hold, amplified with extend rod (it will last 42 minutes once Otah activates it), False Life (self, 14 hours), Locate Creature (self - Hazim as target, duration 2 hours 20 minutes), see invisibility, amplified with the extend rod to last for 7 hours.... aaaand I think that's it. Wizards, amirite?

False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Knowing religious things: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39

Mahdi's brain positively crackles with the new insights he gained during his hour poring over the legendary tome. "Yes, Pent's right, those are mohrgs -- Pent, you ought get up and above their reach!"

Mahdi soon rattles off a short list of useful if horrifying facts about some of these darkest of undead.

Special attacks, special defenses, elemental resists or immunities, DR?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi:

The days of casting Locate Creature, spent in frustration as not a pulse of pull comes over you, come to an end. As you lift your head to appreciate the chamber's height, you find your face filled with tingling bristles of your beard's shadow. He is there, above you, somewhere. And he is not moving...

Mahdi quickly schools the Scourge in the morphology and physiology of the plentiful host of mohrgs. As the gnome exclaims, a tongue lashing earns you a risk of paralyzation, should your Fortitude prove unable to stave it off. Also, should you die at the hands of one of these skeletal undead, you will immediately rise as a fast zombie, which will, in turn, heal and haste the mohrg which can claim to have slain you.

The mohrgs benefit from their Undead nature, as well. Elemental power and all forms of weapons will strike the creatures fully, as these undead sport no damage-reducing anatomies.

Aldebert is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 20

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 26 (F25/T14)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale))
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 5/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 13/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (2/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

”Haleen! We got this, just stay down!” I hope we’ve got this…

Aldebert rides Gretiem to the pretty red one drawing his greatsword as he closes, and takes his shot, as does Gretiem.
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 1 = 38 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
critthreat Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 1 = 37 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 = 17 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 = 11

Sorry, tried to post earlier, but Paizo was down, then unstable. :(


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert lays into the mohrg at the entry hall to the stairs leading upwards, its sound resonating on this floor, and likely the one above!

Blue shambles swiftly forward, lashing at Aldebert with its tongue, as well, apparent coordination between the undead beings to see you first paralyzed, then murdilyzed.

Tongue Touch Attack, Al: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Aldebert, a Fortitude Save DC 21, if you'd be so kind. Failure, and you're Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

Mahdi is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Fort: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 vs DC 21

(Whew)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi cannot help but stare overhead, for almost too long, as the mohrgs do not hesitate to try and press their advantage. He snaps his gaze down towards them as the battle unfolds.

"I am here," the wizard says, "for my brother, and you... are all in my way. Burn."

He sketches a zigzagging shape with his finger, and as always, fire answers his command. A serpent of pure flame manifests, coiling and charring around undead corpses.

Casting fire snake, path of the line shown on the map. All the critters caught in it must make a DC 27 Reflex save or take 14d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 2, 2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 1, 3, 4, 2, 5) = 42 fire damage, save for half.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Chamber of the Stone Speakers ignites in a roaring wending of fire.

Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Reflex Save v DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Alright, then

The Red Mohrg has the benefit of a wall to his south, so I eliminated him from the Fire Snake's path.

The two mohrgs directly in front of Mahdi burn deeply, while the snake seems to lose strength with the subsequent slams on the other three, including Ghartok.

Green moves forward to surround Aldebert. It slams into the halfling, then wraps itself about the gecko rider.

Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12 damage
Grab, Al: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 2 = 31

Otah, Amiamble, and Pent are up! Otah, don't forget your Fort Save.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).

Round 1, Init 11

"Brother! Look out!!" Ami worries for his surrounded brother. He and his brave cat 5' step towards green.

Ami casts Flame Strike at the big guy, blue, and red.
14d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6) = 58 fire/holy vs. DC 21 for half

Yeen rips at green, lunging out to get his attacks in.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 2 = 36 to hit; (bite,feast,flank)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 1 + 2 = 37 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 1 + 2 = 33 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 1/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 0/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Wow, she did bring us right to her didn't she? Hey, what is this? You're not my type Bones!"

Fortitude vs DC 21, Hardy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 = 32

The dwarf manages to shrug off the paralytic attack and brings Zenzirad to bear.

He steps forward to engage the undead pair not being attacked by the halflings.

Zenzirad starts with Purple, moving to orange should it drop before it's last strike.

Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 25 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 3 - 4 = 35 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 3 - 4 = 12 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

I don't see a grid intersection that will tag Ghartok, Red, and Blue, without also targeting Aldebert, so I'm opting for Ghartok and Blue only. Let me know if you've got it, where I don't.

Zenzirad swishes twice, bringing Purple down! The last act of spite from Purple is to pull Otah's blade out of swing with its viscera, causing the dwarf to miss Orange.

Pent to finish Round 1!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 10

Status:

AC = 13
HP =
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) =

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 10/day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (120 feet/day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, holy word (DC 23), greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), heal[D], heroes' feast, wind walk
5th—communal air walk[UC], breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance, true seeing (2)
4th—blessing of fervor[APG] (DC 20), death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration, spiritual ally[APG]
3rd—daylight, dispel magic, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], remove paralysis, lesser restoration, spiritual weapon
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, ray of sickening[UM] (DC 17), shield of faith
0 (at will)—detect magic, guidance, read magic, stabilize

Pent follows the wisdom of the fire mage, ascending in the air, and away from the skirmish with the skellies. In his hand, a new colorful rod.

The gnome looks about the room, before waving it tentatively in the direction of the axe-wielding undead, and hopes for the best.

Rod Odds: 1d100 ⇒ 79

A decent-sized fireball launches from the golden rod of the gnome, striking Ghartok with a decent whoosh.

Fireball: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 5, 2, 4) = 24 Reflex Save DC 15, for half

"Well, that's a solid introduction! They weren't lying when they sold it to me, at least. The energy swirling within it is hard to pin down. Gonna call it my 'Fickle Pickle'!!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert rips into Red with a mighty swing. Mahdi burns several of the undead throughout the chamber with his fire snake. Otah hacks one of the mohrgs down where it stands. Amiamble continues the burning assault, while Yeen rips into the dangling organs of Green. Pent tickles his new Pickle.

Red returns fire against Aldebert, though it fails to find the halfling's hide, even once.

Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 = 32 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 8) + 5 = 14 damage
Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 = 22 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 damage
Tongue Touch Attack, Al: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13

Yellow joins the fray against Otah, taking Purple's place with a tongue-lashing.

Tongue Touch Attack, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Another Fort Save DC 21, ser Otah. Failure, and you'll be Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 1 minute.

Orange steps up to assault the dwarf fully.

Slam Attack, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15 damage
Slam Attack, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12 damage
Tongue Touch Attack, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Make that two Fort Saves, ser Otah. That's if you success on the first one, of course. Second save failure results in 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

Ghartok springs forward, lashing at Aldebert in passing.

Tongue Touch Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 4 = 30

Aldebert, a Fortitude Save DC 24, or become Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 3 minutes.

Round 2
MO- 27 (-42hp)
MP- 21 (-112hp)
CK- 21
Aldebert- 20 (Fortitude Save DC 24)
MB- 16
Mahdi- 14
MG- 12
Otah- 12- (2 Fortitude Saves, DC 21, or only 1, if you fail the first)
Amiamble- 11
Pent- 10
MR- 9
MY- 9

Aldebert is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Per 10’ radius template (link), Flame Strike could have easily gotten the three baddies and avoided harming his dear brother. The big dude was in the radius before it moved.

Amiamble worries for the safety of his brother.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Thanks- that template is a better visual, when I'm posting late at night, thinking in true circles...

Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Aldebert is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Fort: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

(Just checking the save. Post to follow.)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 20

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 5/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 13/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (2/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert grins as his body races with adrenaline. The tongue is fended off, and he returns the favor! He strikes out at the most wounded and works his way down. If he can’t tell, then red, blue, green - in that order should he be so lucky.
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 1 = 24 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 1 = 26 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 1 = 18 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10

(Ouch! Such rolls!)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Fortitude, Hardy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16 Well, that's probably not the best...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The mighty halfling's greatsword severs Red's semblance of life, before he attempts to fell Blue. Unfortunately some of the black blood of Red undercuts Gretiem's footing, and his rider swings wide! The undaunted gecko is unable to make it up to the halfling with his own bites from below...

Blue can't turn away from the intolerable energy of the halfling rider. It reaches back to touch the Stone Speaker. Something swirls about the ancient head, and a black line of mist shoots from its mouth, striking Blue, Aldebert, and Gretiem!! It extends 15', in a line

Stone Spit: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 2, 2, 2, 5, 2) = 30 negative energy damage

Aldebert and Gretiem, a Reflex Save DC 20 will halve the damage.

Blue looks much better, for his effort. Meanwhile, your companion dwarf appears to tighten at every movable joint...

Mahdi is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Gretiem: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 (Also has SR 16 in case that helps)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi glances briefly at Otah when the dwarf locks up... drifts position slightly in the open space.... and looks with smoldering eyes down on the undead. "Didn't you hear me?" he says softly.

"I said BURN, you abominations. You're in my WAY."

Casting delayed blast fireball, detonating it now, using my dancing flame ability to exclude all allies/friends/Haleen/etc from the blast. I templated it in Roll20, but it should hit all enemies.

Reflex save DC 29 will halve this damage: 14d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 6, 6, 4, 1) = 55

"Does someone want to give Otah a hand," the mage says in distant tones as flesh beneath chars and sizzles-- just undead flesh, at least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Reflex Save v DC 29, B: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Reflex Save v DC 29, G: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Reflex Save v DC 29, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Reflex Save v DC 29, Y: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Reflex Save v DC 29, CK: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Gonna say 'well done', both for the fire mage's blast, and the mohrgs' current state of flesh cooking. 275 hp of damage...

All of the mohrgs before you burn. Blue drops where it once stood, as does Green, leaving Aldebert abandoned in battle. Needless to say, Ghartok has weathered the third flaming attack leveled against him. Otah is not so lucky, as both Orange and Yellow retain their guardian function, directly adjacent to the helpless dwarf...

Amiamble, Otah (cough), and Pent are up!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 10

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = Fickle Pickle
Condition(s) = None

It's all fun and games, until someone succumbs to the tongue.

Pent debates whether to apply his Pickle against the uglies other than his own, or apply Sarah's supple to the dwarf's frame, restoring him to functional. The Pickle's Fickleness is all well and good, but everything in moderation, including the thrill of chaos.

Pent lowers himself, quite literally, to the dwarf's height, and thrusts forward a single finger, which becomes conduit for a Goddess's Grand Gift, selecting Otah for the singular benefit.

Cast Remove Paralysis on Otah.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah snaps to, stumbling with Zenzirad before resetting to a guard position. He takes a second a breath and strikes at the skeletons once again.

Start with Orange

Zenzirad, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 22 - 4 = 24 for: 2d4 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4) + 11 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Pwr: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 4 = 24 for: 2d4 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 + 12 = 26 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Pwr: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 14 for: 2d4 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"Thanks!" he grunts, now back in control of his actions.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 11

"OOO-tah, NOOO!!!" Ami cries in worry for Otah. Cat and 'Ling 5' step closer, and Yeen claws at orange, lunging at yellow if it falls quickly.

1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 1 = 36 to hit; (bite,feast)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 1 = 32 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 1 = 26 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 1/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 0/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert stands steadfast against overwhelming numbers, bringing that number down by one when Red falls. Mahdi immolates the masses, ending Blue and Green, and seasoning Yellow and Orange in the same swipe. Amiamble destroys Orange, then damages Yellow further, allowing Otah to return the lashing against the remaining minor mohrg, courtesy of Pent and the paralysis dismissal.

The remaining enemy smolders in your presence. Ghartok springs forward, then back, as its tongue lashes up and out at Mahdi CorpsePyre.

Tongue Touch Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Mahdi, a Fortitude Save DC 24, or become Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

Round 3
MO- 27 (-110hp)
MP- 21 (-112hp)
CK- 21 (-115hp)
Aldebert/G- 20 (-15hp/ -30hp?)
MB- 16 (-111hp)
Mahdi- 14 (Fortitude Save DC 24)
MG- 12 (-111hp)
Otah- 12-
Amiamble/Y- 11
Pent- 10
MR- 9 (-100hp)
MY- 9 (-110hp_

Aldebert is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 20

Aldebert Status:
HP: 114/129; AC: 34 (F33/T14) (included: magic vestment & barkskin)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3), Barkskin (+5)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 5/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 13/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (2/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 60/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert, relieved to have bested the hoards, shouts, ”Well done everyone! Now, pile on!!”

He laughs as he moves forward (provoking I expect), and swings.
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver, good): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12

Sadlly, he overextends, and very nearly falls out of the saddle in his eagerness, throwing off Gretiem's attack too a little.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Provocative, indeed.

Tongue Touch Attack of Oppo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Ghartok seems uninterested in active opponents, so tries to negate the gecko rider from acting.

Fortitude Save DC 24, ser Alde. Failure, and you must endure 1d4 ⇒ 1 minute of Paralysis.

Look at that. Everyone except Aldebert is up now...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Fort: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

Aldebert freezes up, fittingly, as he closes in!

...so much for Piling On!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Yeesh, I assumed I was flying above his tongue reach at 20' up! Well, we know what happens when you assume....

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Sad trombone noise

Mahdi.... does indeed lock up, eyes widening at the recognition of his tactical error as he gets hit.

OOC for GM:
It looks like there's a fair bit of debate about whether or not you can still fly with a fly spell if you are paralyzed. Lots of arguing here.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 11

Ami makes sure he's invisible as he guide Yeen to lash out at the remaining undead.

1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 1 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 1/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 0/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 10

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = Fickle Pickle
Condition(s) = None

Watching the Tongue do its job on yet another of his companions, Pent cautiously guides the carpet to what he thinks must be out of the Tongue's reach, and bursts Sarah's positive energy as best he can, in hopes of ending the dire threat rising in the Stone Speakers, even now.

The gnome is surprisingly quiet for the circumstance.

Channel Positive Energy to damage Ghartok: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 31


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi hovers at his current height, stricken by the undead's tongue tickle. The fire mage appears unable to manuever in the slightest, buoyed only by the magical weave that lifted him into the air in his initial casting. Yeah, I'm seeing the Paralysis as a body-muscle spasm, but the mind is still agile...

Meanwhile, the mohrg version of Ghartok thrashes that deadly tongue a third time in as many moments, hitting the big cat in his approach.

Tongue Touch Attack, Yeen: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

Fortitude Save DC 24, Yeen, or become Paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

Otah to finish Round 3! Maybe...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 4, Init 11

1d20 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 5 = 36 Fort

Yeen is used to tongue lashing, and shrugs off the inappropriate touching and fights back.

1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 1 = 20 to hit; (bite,feast)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 1 = 22 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 1 = 31 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

Ami looks at his brother, wishing he had a way he could help, but he does not.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 107/107; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 1/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 0/6 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The mighty cat is not dissuaded from biting into Ghartok's side, tongue bath or no. The combined damage of the bite, and the gnome's burst of undead-unhappy positive energy, and Ghartok fails to follow through on the threat of coup de halfling and coup de fire mage...

Combat is over.

A small voice from behind you speaks a peep. "Is it over..?" Haleen's eyes are wet from tear, and they reflect the light of the room, from behind the Almond Tree.

10,501 to 10,550 of 10,970 << first < prev | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.