GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,851 to 10,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | next > last >>

Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 12

Aldebert Status:
HP: 119/129; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)(not included: +4 vs Jhavhul)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 38hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Mirror Image (7/11m, 1 image), True Seeing (7/14m), Shield (+4, 4/42m), Angelic Aspect (4/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 11/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 87/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Will: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 1 = 32 (feast) vs DC 19 or sickened and 20hp dam
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs DC 15

Though he wonders, briefly, at Otah, Aldebert does indeed come to a full stop, when his brother falls on Yeen. ”Ami!” he cries as he sees his brother slump. He turns to their healer, "Pent, do something!" and seems to linger, waiting for the priest to perform.

Delay until after Pent.

(1 mirror image)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 12

Aldebert Status:
HP: 33/129; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)(not included: +4 vs Jhavhul)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 31hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Mirror Image (7/11m, 1 image), True Seeing (7/14m), Shield (+4, 4/42m), Angelic Aspect (4/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 11/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 87/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert attempts to cast a spell…
Caster Level: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

He casts Paladin's Sacrifice on the second blow to his brother, so as to absorb the damage upon himself rather than his brother’s more frail form. He grunts as the damage comes to him and re-opens his wounds freshly and nearly brings himself to his knees. As he used an immediate action, he cannot lay on hands swiftly either, so he simply soaks it.

He then continues to beat on Jhahvul, taking out his frustrations with his blade, or trying to.

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 6 = 30 (feast, higher, smite) damage: 1d10 + 21 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 21 + 14 = 37 (smite)
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 6 = 31 (feast, higher, smite) damage: 1d10 + 21 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 14 = 40 (smite)
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 6 = 34 (feast, higher, smite) damage: 1d10 + 21 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 21 + 14 = 36 (smite)
critthreat Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 6 = 20 (feast, higher, smite) damage: 1d10 + 21 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 14 = 40 (smite)

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 = 23 (feast, higher) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 + 12 = 27 (smite)
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 (feast, higher) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 + 12 = 31 (smite)

However, concern over his brother, and continued ignorance from Lady Desna, keeps his hand from much success... if any.

(I don’t think we get flank as both Otah and Aldebert are higher than Jhahvul swinging down on him. We’re not actually on opposite sides of him, though different DMs do view that differently.)

(1 mirror image)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Will Save vs DC 19: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 27 Guess I passed that... and Zenzirad sighs ;)

Eager to put down the majority of the threats, Otah slides five feet across the air, putting Green entirely too close, but everyone else within reach.

Lunge, Whirlwind attack, starting with Jhavhul
Vs Jhavhul
Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 = 37
for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 37
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bane: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Vs Red
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 25
for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 30
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Vs Blue
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 23
for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 38
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Vs Purple
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 27
for: 1d10 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 2 = 37
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The Grand Chamber pulsates with hatred, as Jhavhul watches in supreme frustration as his death stroke is diverted to the healthier-looking halfling.

"Cockroaches!! You're nothing but cockroaches, but you're not even that intelligent!! Cockroaches have the sense, at least, to flee before a crushing death!! And here both of you stand, looking miserable. Did you want to die together, then? Fine." The huge efreeti executioner shrugs his shoulders, preparing to make good on his word.

Amiamble is at 4/107hp, Aldebert is at 33/129hp, which means...
Amiamble and Pent are up!! Also, for the 3D battling here, I'm allowing a Flanking Bonus, if you're hacking at opposite sides of a six-sided die along the same face.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 5, Init 11

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 97/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, True Seeing, Invisible

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 6/10 day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (0 feet left for the day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), heal[D], wind walk
5th—breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance
4th—death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration,
3rd—daylight, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], lesser restoration
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, (DC 17), shield of faith

Will Save v DC 19, Heroes' Feast: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 1 = 32

Pent groans when Amiamble looks to be dead duck, then hoots when Aldebert appears to use Abadar's wings to stick his own neck out, then moans for the imminent plucking of both boiled half-geese. They don't run away, they don't try and save themselves, they'll not live to fight another day, they're like lemmings over a clif... well, that's not fair to lemmings, I shouldn't try and promote that untruth, even to myself...

For his own hide, Pent debates the unavoidable reaming he'd receive at the end of that nasty, horrible, savage scimitar in Jhavhul's hands. I'm no good if he swats me out of the air... what a horrible situation this has become...

Pent calls on Sarah, as he should, always. "Please, please, please, let us live to see Your Light again..."

CLC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Cast Blessing of Fervor, which should reach everyone except Mahdi Ceiling-Hugger.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

While Jhavhul's menacing metal is diverted by a giant finger from its descending arc onto Amiamble's head to Aldebert's, Pent finds golden ferrets falling from his pant legs, which scamper through the opponents' legs, finding dwarven and halfling pant legs to run up.

Amiamble is up! Despite my best efforts...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Will vs. Erinyes (Ami) 10 damage.
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 Will vs. Erinyes (Yeen) 10 damage.

Ami slumps, not dying, but not really alive. Yeen 5' steps back and goes on the defensive.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 29+5+4+4=42 (barkskin, mage armor,+dispel evil)
HP: Ami: -6/107; Yeen: 143/143+11-28=126/143 + 14 temp -10

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB  to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 2/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*1)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 5/7 used (AirWalk*1,DivPower*2,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*2,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 2/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*1) Battle*0
Lvl 6: 5/6 used (ColdIce*2,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*3)
Lvl 7: 0/3 used (Destruction*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen), Air Walk (Yeen). Dispel Evil.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Otah begins planting Zenzirad into anything Jhavhul-friendly, including Jhavhul himself. Aldebert saves his brother's life, before slashing deeply into the efreeti's hide. Amiamble does his best to stay on this side of the Veil.

Pent brings the conscious ones a touch of Sarah's Zest. Mahdi makes sure Jhavhul is slightly less daunting.

Mahdi:

Your discerning eyes see many magics rippling about Jhavhul, with the strangeness of this Chamber, but you're pretty sure you've stripped some of his strength, which was magically enhanced prior to the battle. Bull's Strength now missing

Jhavhul bellows in pain, stabbed in the back by a cowardly creature over his shoulder. "Hold off for a moment, my lovelies. I'd like to end him with my own strength. These are, of course, the last moments before I lose my genie might, and become something far, far greater!!"

Those words spoken, Jhavhul turns to Aldebert. "Now, where were we? Oh yes, you're about to join your dead brother."

Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 30 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 30 - 1 - 2 = 34 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 31 + (4) + (4, 3) - 2 = 48 damage, including Fire and Unholy

Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 25 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 25 - 1 - 2 = 25 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 31 + (1) + (4, 4) - 2 = 46 damage, including Fire and Unholy

Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 20 - 1 - 2 = 24 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 31 + (4) + (1, 1) - 2 = 41 damage, including Fire and Unholy

Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 15 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 1 - 2 = 32 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 31 + (4) + (1, 3) - 2 = 46 damage, including Fire and Unholy
Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 15 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 1 - 2 = 26 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 31 + (2) + (4, 2) - 2 = 41 damage, including Fire and Unholy

He looks over his shoulder to address Otah. "I'll let my women soften you up, but you're next, have no fear."

Jhavhul looks over the dying halfling brothers, shaking his horned head, before waving his erinyes to attack.

Finding her previous casting quite effective, Red throws down more of her unholy blanketing, this time targeting the fire elemental hiding along the ceiling. A horde of ghost children cries plaintively at the fire magma man. Running as a pack, they reach out with small hands with long fingernails, asking to be picked up...

CLC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Mahdi, a Will Save DC 19. Failure, and you suffer 5d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 3, 6, 6) = 29 points of damage, and are Sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds. Success for half damage and no Sickened.

Blue decides to perform the same spell casting as her sister Red, involving the remaining two threats surrounding her master. Large grey candles appear above the gnome's and dwarf's heads, and begin dripping melting flesh down upon them...

CLC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Pent and Otah, a Will Save DC 19. Failure, and you suffer 5d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 3, 1, 6) = 23 points of damage, and are Sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds. Success for half damage and no Sickened.

On the other side of Jhavhul, Green and Purple both swing wildly at the dwarf, seeking to injure him when their attempts to drive him off fail for some reason unknown to them.

Longsword, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage

Longsword, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage
Longsword, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 damage

Jhavhul turns to address Otah, well and truly bloodied himself. "I'm feeling generous, dwarf. I only have one more wish to grant, and the honor could very well be yours. Right here. Right now. I will only make this offer once- tell me your greatest desire, make your wish this instant, and I will not only grant it, I will let you and your friends live to enjoy it!! I will become Xotani the Firebleeder, and you will become a trusted minion, with the greatest of honorifics, for it will be your voice which granted me my ascension!! As I see it, you really have no choice..." The efreeti wobbles his scimitar's blade, demonstrating the blood of your companions.

Otah:

You really have no choice. Attack Jhavhul, and Jhavhul only. Become his Executioner, not his minion...

Round 6
Otah- 20 (-21hp, Will Save DC 19)
Aldebert- 12 (-138hp/Dying, -72 Fire, 1 image, Gretiem -84)
Amiamble- 22 (-113hp/Unconscious/Stable, -15 Fire)
Janni- 16 (Encased in Sphere of Force)
Pent- 11 (-26 Fire, Will Save DC 19)
Mahdi- 10 (Will Save DC 19)
Erinyes- (-52hpP/-12hpNL/Dazzled1r, -15hpG/Dazzled1r, -38hp/-12hpNL/B, -30hpR)
Jhavhul- 9 (-266hp)

The party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Casting spells or using spell-like abilities, I'll ask you make a Caster Level Check each and every time. (I don't mind if you roll the CLC for the environment's difficulty either before you roll your own Caster Level Check for a Dispel, or to overcome SR, just be consistent.)

And, yes, Jhavhul and the Erinyes have SR.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 6, Init 11

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 86/107
Weapon Equipped = Rod of Wonder
Condition(s) = Heroes' Feast, Air Walk, Protection from Fire(-51/120), Life Bubble, Endure Elements, Get Away, True Seeing, Invisible

Spells for the Scourge:

Channel positive energy 6/10 day (DC 20, 7d6)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +17)
1/day—arcane mark, comprehend languages, message, read magic

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th; concentration +20)
At will—dimensional hop (0 feet left for the day)
9/day—rebuke death (1d4+7)

Spells Prepared (CL 14th; concentration +20)
7th—mass cure serious wounds, greater teleport[D]
6th—greater dispel magic (2), wind walk
5th—breath of life[D] (DC 21), spell resistance
4th—death ward, dimension door[D], freedom of movement, restoration,
3rd—daylight, fly[D], invisibility purge, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds[D], hold person (DC 18), communal protection from evil[UC], lesser restoration
1st—endure elements, liberating command[UC] (2), longstrider[D], obscuring mist, (DC 17), shield of faith

Will Save DC 19: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Jhavhul wrote:
"As I see it, you really have no choice..."

More dire words were never uttered... Pent squawks when the erinyes' evil energy envelops him in what feels like hot gum. It gets in his beard, burns his nose, and offends his smell. But it doesn't quite Sicken him. He speaks a swift prayer to Sarah, clasping his hands together, bringing them to glow, before bolting across the Grand Chamber, and touching Aldebert, much like Amiamble did just moments before... Likely catching Jhavhul's eye... sigh.

CLC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Casting Heal, 140 points of healing, on Aldebert.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The gnome's hands do indeed glow, red hot, as fireflies swirl about them, seeking a place to alight.

Jhavhul sees movement out of the corner of his eye, and does indeed throw his mighty scimitar at the gnome, uninterested to see what business it's about.

AoO, P: 1d20 + 30 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 30 - 2 = 35 for 2d6 + 31 + 1d6 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 31 + (5) + (2, 1) - 2 = 45 damage, including Fire and Unholy

The rest of the Scourge is up!! Well, most of you...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 6, Initiative: 12

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)(not included: +4 vs Jhavhul)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 27hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Mirror Image (7/11m, 1 image), True Seeing (7/14m), Shield (+4, 4/42m), Angelic Aspect (4/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’), Blessings of Fervor
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 67/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Sickened
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

(Forgot Gretiem’s save against the Erinyes…)
Will: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16 (feast) vs DC 19 or sickened and 20hp dam

Aldebert’s sword drops to the ground 20’ below him as he slumps in the saddle of mighty Gretiem. He doesn’t rest there long however, as Pent touches him and revives him from his slumber.

Drawing a crystal greatsword, his backup weapon, he spits blood onto the blade to temper it, ”Not today Jhahvul! Today you become not something greater, but rather lesser… worm food!”

He will use Blessings of Fervor for +2 while Gretiem uses it for an extra attack.

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 18 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 10 = 35 (feast, higher, smite, flank, BoF) damage: 1d10 + 20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 14 = 42 (smite)

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 3 = 38 (feast, higher, flank, sickened) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 + 12 = 26 (smite)
critthreat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 3 = 27 (feast, higher, flank, sickened) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 + 12 = 30 (smite)

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 3 = 24 (feast, higher, flank, sickened) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 + 12 = 27 (smite)
BoF Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 3 = 31 (feast, higher, flank, sickened) damage: 2d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 + 12 = 26 (smite)

Gretiem, at least, takes a bite out of the enemy, tearing at the flesh for harming his master.

(1 mirror image)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah slide steps away from the winged women and answers Jhavhul's request with a flurry of Zenzirad's sting.

No wishes. Come for me now.

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, BoF, flank: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 46
for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Bane: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 = 9

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, BoF, flank: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 44
for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 35
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bane: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, BoF, flank: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 24
for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 30
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Bane: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, BoF, flank: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 28
for: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 30
Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Bane: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

Oooohhhhh
Confirm Crit 1: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 43
Additional, on top of the damage from the initial roll
for: 2d10 + 22 + 4 + 6 + 24 ⇒ (5, 6) + 22 + 4 + 6 + 24 = 67
Cold: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Bane: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 Bane: 4 = 4 Forgot the dice didn't multiply for that.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

It is a subject of debate, whether a head shorn from its body has enough presence of mind to enjoy the full of its senses, to its last drop of blood.

Whether Jhavhul hears Aldebert's resurrection and rebuttal or not, the look of shock on his face as Otah's first screaming arc of Zenzirad severs the efreeti's neck clean through is quite evident to those in intimate location to the event. Jhavhul's head tumbles into the magma lake below, its face upturned, its eyes still wide in disbelief...

Gouts of blood haven't even spurted from the arteries, before Aldebert plants his newly-drawn crystal broadsword, guaranteeing that whatever chance Jhavhul had to stay on this side of the Veil is extinguished like a guttering flame against a gale force.

It takes them a moment to gather their wits, but the remaining combatants shriek in pain, as the swords in their hands burn them, for some reason. Disarmed, they look at each other, and fly into a flock, huddling in fear, and injuries abounding on their persons. They appear entirely disinterested from further fight.

And like that, Combat is Over.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)(not included: +4 vs Jhavhul)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 27hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Mirror Image (7/11m, 1 image), True Seeing (7/14m), Shield (+4, 4/42m), Angelic Aspect (4/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’), Blessings of Fervor
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (1/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 67/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Sickened
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

”OooootahhhhH!” Bloody well done mate, well done indeed!” Aldebert shouts as Jhuhval’s head goes tumbling. He immediately reaches over and heal’s his brother back to his senses, so he too may enjoy the moment.

Lay on Hands: 9d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5) + (1) = 41 (standard, -d6 to heal blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"Wish... for him... to die," Mahdi hisses through his own pain brought by the erinyes-- but Otah doesn't bother with a wish to make that happen. He does it with steel.

Mahdi-in-elemental form grabs at the nearest wall as he fights off nausea. "Go back where you came from," he spits at the erinyes.

"--is that-- is that... it?"


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Otah:

His heart, Otah. Thread me through it. Please.

The erinyes comply, returning through the arch from whence they came, leaving the Scourge as almost sole occupants of the Grand Chamber.

It is clear to all now that Jhavhul's animus was not the only one to inhabit the cavern. The lake below still radiates both heat... and hatred, as it flows from the mortal remains of Xotani the Firebleeder.

Whatever has transpired in Jhavhul's time here in Xotani's Grave, magic crackles in the thick air, almost daring you to play with it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent watches with horrified awe as Otah separates Jhavhul sub-axial cervical with Jhavhul supra-axial cervical- though Pent is unaware of such scientific gnomenclature. His brain catches up to his stalled repeat of the performance, then the gnome breathes, no longer worried about suffering the same fate as Amiamble for being a Healer.

"Odie, that was... well, it was well-timed, for one. Well-placed, for another. I certainly couldn't have done what you just did, and for that, you have my eternal gratitude. May Sarah shine upon you, even in the darkest of caverns."

Pent looks wistfully towards the cavern arch through which the erinyes passed, turning to Mahdi. "I could swear one of them looked just like Almah, Mahdi. You don't think..?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Aldebert Piddlespot wrote:
Lay on Hands: 9d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5) + (1) = 41 (standard, -d6 to heal blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)

Ami slowly comes awake, realizing that not only is he not blinded nor fatigued nor diseased nor poisoned...but also alive. He can still feel the majority of the searing unholy wounds along his chest and back...but he's still breathing.

More importantly, Yeenoghu and Aldebert both seem to be alive too. They are his oldest friends. He smiles, seeming uncertain for a moment as he looks down on Jhavul's body.

"Is he dead brother? Do you need healing, brother?" Ami asks, still swaying on his saddle, but wanting to be sure his brother was okay.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah pauses as Jhavhul falls. As the accolades of comrades build and a retreat of winged devils allowed, he spins Zenzirad around in his hand, waiting for a comfortable grip.

Then he plunges the blade of the thirsty guisarme through Jhavhul's chest... where his heart might be should he possess one.

There.

He let's go of the shaft and steps back, careful to not get near the ledge of the snatching-magma.

"Is that it? Can we go make some coin and get some drinks now?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"He is dead brother," he says as Otah cools his blade in the heart of his enemy. He rides down to collect his sword, careful to try and avoid the lava, before climbing back above it.

"I am well brother, as luck would have it. Tend to your wounds before we proceed - there may be other foes to face yet." he adds uncertainly.

Flush with victory he cleans his weapons before sheathing his crystal blade and looking for loot on Jhuhval's body before proceeding out to their allies hiding in the other chamber.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi flies to rejoin the others, finally shedding the last of his nausea. While expressions are difficult to parse on the roiling fire that is his face, his shoulders slump with some relief.

He gives an understanding nod when Otah stabs the already downed body. "What an absolute... ass," he says with some heat. "Trying to taunt me about Hazim being dead-- when he wasn't!!"

He spits on the body for good measure, even if it's a glob of light magma that emerges from his elemental mouth.

"Yes, we should heal. We'll need to go through and be sure all his wretched minions like those erinyes are no further threat to our plane. Clean-up, essentially-- tedious, but necessary, and we shouldn't be overly cocky as we do so."

At Pent's question, the large elemental looks briefly down to the ground, then shrugs. "Evil creatures have many tricks, Pent. I don't think we can speak decisively as to Almah's fate until we've been through the entire complex. But it could have simply been a mind game, such as his attempts to claim he'd killed my brother."

A sidelong glance at the two halflings. "....I am.... glad... that neither of you perished.

"For that matter, I am glad that none of us perished. Not even you, Otah." The fire elemental smiles, then laughs, a great booming sound. "I am especially glad you did not perish, for your blow likely saved us all! I suppose I can forgive you for the error of earlier."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami, still bloodied, takes a moment to heal himself and others. He tries to save his few Heal spells for further conflicts.

1d8 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 Mass CLW to all the good guys
4d8 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 1) + 14 = 21 CCW @Ami
4d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 8, 6, 8) + 14 = 41 CCW @Ami

Ami checks over Yeen for more wounds, more worried about his health than victory for the moment.

Yeen, on the other hand, pads forward to tear and bite at Jhavul’s body. If the neck is still intact, he will bite and rend that. If not, he will dig for entrails, trying to make sure they find the fire and burn.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Otah:

You feel Zenzirad reaching out to you, mentally, though you will only hear her voice, if you touch her again...

The Loots:

3 Beads of Force
+5 Breastplate
Firebleeder (+3 adamantine unholy flaming burst scimitar)
Amulet of Health +4
Boots of the Battle Herald
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Force Shield
Scarab of Protection (10 charges)
heavy gold necklace with four jacinths worth 9,000 gp
four gold bracelets worth 1,000 gp each
three gold rings worth 600 gp each

Mahdi instructs the Scourge of the erinyes' longswords, which have a similar affect as the giants' own swords. An inherent malevolence, a sentience seeking to influence its wielder to unknown ends...

Looking over the ledge to the efreeti head resting on the lake, you witness it slowly slip below the surface, until you lose it to sight.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"You spell slingers don't have to do all the work." the dwarf grins. He reaches out, grasping Zenzirad's shaft and wondering if she's had her fill.[/b]

Done?

There's a ring of Freedom of Movement?! How did I never know that?!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

As Otah pulls Zenzirad from the breast of Jhavhul's corpse, you are all witness to a wondrous transformation. At first, the head of the guisarme appears to be coated with the efreeti's blood. Closer inspection reveals that its metal has now become red, small hot white crystals embedded like stars throughout pulse like the beat of a heart.

Otah:

You've never seen its like, but Zenzirad's metal head is now Red Adamantine.

I have truly fulfilled my Purpose today, ser Otah. By your hands. The sentience of magic in the chamber has recognized this act, and I have been transformed. I will no longer be able to protect you against the element of fire, but I will be able to more easily sever heads you deem worthy of execution, should you keep me as your weapon.

Zenzirad has lost her Purpose, lost one of her Powers. She has gained a metallurgical transformation into Red Adamantine, and is now considered Vorpal. Her Ego has been reduced, making it much more likely that you two will negotiate terms closer to your liking, in the future, should you choose to wield her.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent produces a wand, and waves it enthusiastically to all who would enjoy its healing power, now that they have a chance to breathe more easily.

Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds(28 charges), last used 2/18/19

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2) + 5 = 15
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7) + 5 = 15
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 = 13 Fully Healed

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12 So Amiamble can conserve his CCW casts

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15 Topping off Otah, I think

Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds(18 charges, last used 2/12/20

Pent retrieves his Carpet, and rejoins his companions, eager to leave this section of Xotani's Grave, what with the deathflow below, and the massive mass of bones right there, and their magic to walk on air not at all guaranteed through the Wishwarping.

"So, are we done done? Or do we investigate the rest of the Grave?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

I think it's fitting at this moment to... Level up your fine characters one last time, to 15. Savor the power, but know that you will need to rest in order to gain back your full mojo.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)(not included: +4 vs Jhavhul)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 27hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Mirror Image (7/11m, 1 image), True Seeing (7/14m), Shield (+4, 4/42m), Angelic Aspect (4/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (0/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 86/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m), Sickened
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Gretiem is healed by Amiamble’s group healing and Aldebert pats him on the shoulder, ”Thanks brother.”

”I think we should follow Mahdi’s advice and search the place out. There may still be evil here that weaker folk couldn’t handle, but we can.” he says bridling with the power of another level…

He replenishes his Hero’s Defiance with a pearl of power as he surveys the loot. "Otah, you should help yourself sir!"

(1 mirror image)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf's mouth is agape as he watches Zenzirad's transformation in awe. He gives the shaft a few swings to test it's transformed weight and nods in appreciation. "Fitting gift for the Decapitator of Jhavhul."

Aldebert wrote:

”I think we should follow Mahdi’s advice and search the place out. There may still be evil here that weaker folk couldn’t handle, but we can.”

"Otah, you should help yourself sir!"

"Searching this place makes sense. Any chance we can get rid of the looming threat of Xotani? Prevent some other a+@!$&~ from having a similar delusion of grandeur?"

He plucks at the Ring of Freedom of Movement and holds it up to the rest of the party seeking confirmation that no one else wants it, or at least they would prefer him to have it. If he doesn't meet objection, he spends a minute to remove his boot and slip it around a toe.

Meridian belt: will activate Fire Protection and Freedom of Movement, meaning the ring of Protection +2 is turned off for the moment.

He also aims to swap amulets, holding out his current one as he grasps at the new. Upgrades from +2 to +4. Who wants the +2?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

The gnome looks over the Beads, his eyes quite intent. "I'll just take... one, wait, no... two... hrm... maybe, thr... naw, I'll just take the two. Don't want to be greedy."

One Bead of Force, Two Beads of Force, ah, ah, ah...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

As always, Ami seems to have little interest in the loots, caring more for cats, brothers, and victory than material rewards.

”Brother, we really beat him? Did we?” Ami’s eyes shine bright as the realization hits him. ”Sarenrae protected us, guided us, even though I failed her in protecting the map. This is good. There is a chance that Yeen and I can run through wind and sun and sands again!” Ami seems very happy about this.

Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"Searching this place makes sense. Any chance we can get rid of the looming threat of Xotani? Prevent some other a&+@@*% from having a similar delusion of grandeur?"

Ami frowns under his facial scarf, his eyes narrowing. He looks at Mahdi.

”Is there still danger? If there is still danger, then yes, my brother is right. We should go kill them all. All the servants of the Rough Beast must have their entrails splayed out, like Yeen is demonstrating with Jhavul. That is how we will know that we are right,” Ami agrees to continue to search more and fight on.

OOOO-tah wrote:
Upgrades from +2 to +4. Who wants the +2?

Ami will look at the loot list tonight. He might need an upgrade or the scarab, but everyone else should take first.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

When Otah has had his fill, he'll take the unpicked boots, and slip them on, offering his own, relatively clean pair, to Otah. "These will make you quicker. I'm mounted more than I thought I'd be so I don't really use 'em."

They're boots of striding and springing. Enjoy with my thanks for a well placed crit!


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah taps the ankles of his boots, drawing attention to the wings that sprouted from them.

"I'm good on footwear. Perhaps someone else can use them."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

”Brother, maybe those boots’ magics have already been spent for the day,” Amiamble advises after he learns about the boots. ”And I would think that Jhavul would have spent the magics, if only to deny us them.”

Ami will take the +2 amulet if no one wants.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

(All yours brother.)

"True enough Ami, but I've been wearing those old boots of mine for a long time now, and have never seen them used either. So I might as well get used to my new boots while I can, though I may not use their abilities today."

He offers his boots to any other who may wish them, "Mahdi, you interested? Pent's always on his carpet and my brother on Yeen."

Once the items are sorted out, he suggests they head deeper in. He draws his blade and, feeling somewhat refreshed despite the terrible battle they just had, "Let's see where the southern passage leads. It's through another wall of fire, which will likely take the last of my fire protection away, but it seems the way to check next."


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Without the continuing concentration of the southern efreeti, his Wall of Fire eventually dies out, revealing the southern branches of Xotani's, and now Jhavhul's, Grave.

There is a fork, of course. One branching leads back west in a slow arc, while another branching veers north, but promises another bend to the west.

Where do you go?

Roll20 Map has been updated. I've flipped the map to make your return to the entrance of Xotani's Grave a little easier.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

No one else took the breastplate? Does anyone want it? Can Otah even fit into it?

Assuming the answers are no, no, yes and it's not cursed... Otah will take the time to don it.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 137/137; AC: 36 (F31/T14) (included: magic vestment, barkskin, & shield)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Magic Vestment (+3(+1 net)), Barkskin (+5), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (12/100m, 27hp), Air Walk (12/28m), True Seeing (12/14m), Shield (+4, 9/42m), Angelic Aspect (9/11m, low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid 10, resistance to cold 10, and DR 5/evil, fly 30’)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +15/+10/+5, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, poisoned, or ensorcelled; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Boots - Greater Heroism (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (0/2), Second (0/1), Third (0/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect, Good Hope
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 86/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 32 (F28/T16) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 12 Will: 6 (SR 26, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (6/14h), Hero’s feast (6/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 6/11h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Endure Elements (1/24h), Life Bubble (1/4h), Protection from Fire (7/100m, 70hp), Air Walk (7/28m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Throw Rider, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +6, Amulet +1 Damage Str +9 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

”All yours Otah.” he says, offering to help him put it on.

(Breastplate will take 2 minutes with help to put on. Plus general carousing, shall I take 5 minutes off all my spell durations? More?)

Aldebert suggests the upper right passage as his remaining mirror image winks out. ”Maybe it’ll loop back south and connect with the other.” he hopes.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Jhavhul is a Huge humanoid, so I'm gonna answer 'no, no, and no'. :)

Aldebert leads the Scourge onwards, investigating the remaining unknown parts of Xotani's Grave/Jhavhul's Folly. I think this allows Aldebert to keep his remaining Image...

Glittering crystals of all sizes adorn this cavern, littering the floor, protruding from the walls, and stretching across the room like bridges in every direction. The crystals range in size from a few inches to dozens of feet long, from the thickness of a finger to the width of a tree trunk. In the southern portion of the cave, a small cottage made of crystal stands among the sparkling crystal forest.

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 24:

The cottage is, in fact, a Secure Shelter.

The crystals create an interesting obstacle for combats in this cavern, providing cover for all combatants (+4 bonus to AC, +4 bonus to Reflex saves) save for adjacent targets. In addition, the dense concentration of crystals creates Difficult Terrain for all types of movement, flight included.

Standing in front of the cottage is an oddly-beautiful woman. A statuesque human woman with long black hair and dark eyes, her most striking feature is her skin, which has the appearance of sparkling diamond. She wears diaphanous silks that show off her strange skin, with only the barest concessions to modesty. She favors silver bracelets and anklets, carries a glaive, and goes barefoot.

In front of her, there are two huge air elementals.

"A surprising direction to enter my cavern. What should I make of that?"

Roll20 Map has been updated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Well, Ami just tried to put on both the amulet of natural armor +2 and the scarab of protection...but they both occupy the same slot. So...my guess here is that Jhavul is a big fat cheater if he had them both on at the same time. Not only evil and more evil, but also broke the rules of pathfinder. Ami puts on the Scarab of Protection, and is invisible.

Ami, sporting a new scarab, skids to a halt before the odd woman. He doesn't say anything, trusting his brother to know whether to negotiate or fight, and Mahdi to say mean things if necessary.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Jhahvul is dead by our hand. As you do not look like a prisoner, I suggest you leave this region, if you can, with haste. Or would you prefer to avenge him? We're not here to slaughter everything that moves, just those as deserve it."

He holds his greatsword at the ready as he approaches to see her more clearly as they chat.

(Detect Evil when he arrives at his location... assuming the air elemental doesn't lash out.)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi spares a glance at the cottage, and then a wary nod for the woman. Stiiiiill a fire elemental.

"My colleague has failed to ask... who are you? But it's true what he says, that Jhavhul has fallen. If you're an ally of his, choose wisely whether your loyalty is still extant."


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

"My name is irrelevant, only my position. Ally to Jhavhul. Or should I trust you, and say Once Ally? I suppose I shouldn't. Allow me a moment." In an instant, the diamond lady disappears by teleportation.

She returns swiftly enough, returning to the same point in which she stood. "The headless body is evidence enough. Did you keep his head? No matter. It's pointless for me to remain." In a third instant, the strange glass-like lady disappears, again by teleportation. For several moments more, you find yourselves standing at the entrance of her Cavern, alone, save for two Huge Air Elementals.

How do you proceed?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is silenced, and somewhat befuddled, by her bipping in and out like that. It takes a moment to realize, one more bested. He'd rather have her in chains for the authorities, but he admits to himself that he's tired, weary even. Letting that one go is fine...

He searches the room, mostly for secret panels or doorways.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

Presuming he finds none, he'll gesture to the southeast, when the others seem to be ready. "Shall we proceed?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at Aldebert, then at Mahdi, then back at his brother.

"What just happened, Brother? Is this place getting more weird, or less?" Ami asks from under his facial scarf.

Are the air elementals still there?

He will proceed with this brother.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Aldebert leads the Scourge through the Lattice Chamber, initially careful not to disturb the fine pipings, while searching the chamber for signs of secret panels/doorways. Though the glass lass is gone, the Huge Air Elementals wait long enough for you to enter, before beginning their assault on the Earth creatures.

It unfolds in slow motion- the two grand forms swirl cautiously towards you, before they transform into Whirlwinds touching the cavern floor. Pulling up the debris from the floor, their wind patterns begin to send errant rocks through the chamber's interior. When a Lattice is shattered, those in the surrounding 5' radius burst are pierced by razor-sharp shards of glass! 6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 1, 3, 2) = 21 damage each time...

It doesn't take long before the Scourge is able to subdue both elementals, but it is certainly bloodied by the encounter. What is left is the Chamber's air tinged with dusty ground glass, while the floor is now littered with much more broken Lattice. It does leave the way clear, to exit this chamber and enter the chamber waiting beyond, to the southwest. Let's say 80hp of collective healing is your debt to be paid for this encounter.

Entering this new chamber proves equally befuddling.

Filth and the rotted remains of a variety of humanoid bodies cover the floor of this cavern, filling the room with the noxious smell of decay. Fire gutters from vents in the ground, above which shrieking men and women have been lashed spread-eagle between stalagmites with red-hot chains. A silken pavilion sits incongruously in the center of the chamber, filled with deep cushions, plush divans, and small tables covered with a veritable feast of fine foods and wines.

The chamber is lit by a multitude of Continual Flames, and aside from the pavilion, everything else is illusion created from Permanent Images, according to Aldebert and Pent, who immediately recognize it as magical subterfuge.

Sitting in the pavilion is a grand beast. Four arms grace the torso of this towering monstrosity. The monster’s eyes shine with a mix of intelligence and ennui. Oh, and there are 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Mirror Images of him, as well. Almost forgot to addend them.

Knowledge(Planes DC23:

This lovely vision is a Glabrezu, a Huge Chaotic Evil Outsider.

Feel free to pluck intelligence in bits for your ability to exceed the DC of this demon.

"Come in, come in. You made an awful ruckus. You must be tired. Come, have a seat, and let's ease each other's boredom. You have a story, yes, why you're traveling through Xotani's Grave? Where are my manners? My name is Nahrimaf, Maker of Kings, Great Marquis, Inspiration of One Thousand Orgies. Do you have names? I don't read minds, so use your voices to utter them."

Roll20 Map has been updated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 Know (Planes)

Ami's eyes go wide. He turns to his brother.

"That is a foul demon, Brother. No doubt a servant to Jhavul. He is known as a glazedemu, I think. He should not be allowed to walk in Sarenrae's Light," Ami whispers to his brother.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Ooooh!! Oooh, oooh!! I've got this...

Pent produces the Wand of Cure Moderate Maimings, and spreads the healing about, swiftly, in case the see-through woman comes back, given how fickle she sounded.

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 = 17
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 8) + 5 = 20
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

When they take to the next chamber, Pent remains in the rear, uninterested in the unholy terror sitting there splayed before them.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Planar knowhow: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35

Mahdi looks less than enthused to see the entity, lips thinned.

"Don't anybody tell this entity your name," he says shortly to his companions, before addressing the glabrezu.

"We aren't bored, as it happens. We are tired and more than ready to go home, but we keep finding outsiders here. If you are bored, then you might return to your own plane. Either way, you will free those poor wretches you've imprisoned hanging there. I dislike torture. And I dislike any who allied with Jhavhul, so decide quickly if you wish to join his fate in battle or surrender before our respective Sarenites make the choice a moot one; either way we will not be sitting here at a tea-party with you."

Intimidate?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Lol, someday I'll actually scare something, but not something this big

10,851 to 10,900 of 10,988 << first < prev | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.