GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,451 to 10,500 of 10,950 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>

Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent wiggles his fingers in several, staccato jerks, in one moment pointing straight, down, up, up, up, then down, the next moment counting fingers. "I think we probably have about 4 minutes left before the doors closed. I'm being conservative. Maybe we have more. Maybe less. A little less, now that I've spoken moments away. Now, a little less than before. Suppose we should keep moving while I keep talking."

Pent keeps close by Otah the Bloodied, making sure the first thing he does if another fight breaks out is to heal the dwarf before he loses more bodily fluids.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Gnome's right, more or less, regarding the time to Close.

Investigating the last of the Cellar Floor's rooms, you find one remaining Kelmaranian, chained and withered like so many of the other prisoners. An older man, a merchant of the local Market, who tries to offer his personal wealth for his release, as old eyes set upon new faces.

When released, he finds the strength to follow the two other released prisoners up and out of the Tower.

Returning to the First Floor, you do indeed find the front doors still open, a couple of janni watching from across the square.

The Central Shaft awaits those of you still capable of flying/airwalking.

[ooc]How do you proceed, with the remaining time you have? The Second Floor harbors two sets of double doors you haven't breached, the Third Floor appeared to be the accommodations of the late Brass Man, and the Fourth Floor appeared to be the accommodations of the late Davashuum.[ooc]


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

When Aldebert realizes how little time they have, he shrugs, "Another time then perhaps. Or perhaps we shall be satisfied with the grand prize."

Grinning, he points to Davashuum's body, "Let's bring him with us. Just in case. I don't want the devious little bastard feigning death."

He'll dismount Gretiem and have him carry/haul Davashuum's body - if it's possible. Not sure how big he really is... Might be too heavy. But Aldebert will try.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

@RatSass:

Vardishal wrote:
”It is done. May your goddess see you safely to your death.”

I’m confused if Vardishal is leaving happy or if this was a cut or curse on his way out. Sort of like “may you live in interesting times”, type thing. Was this a good goodbye or a bad one?

Yeen shrilly happy as Davashuum fails and implores Yeen to rip the djinn’s throat out. He wonders if he will really drag the body to the Sun like he threatened and again if that would please Sarenrae.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. Was definitely the right thing to say in the moment.

Amiamble takes off his ring to end the invisible effect so he can smile at his brother from under his face scarf.

He will ask Yeen to help drag the body outside, using a lot of the remaining time to put the Sun’s light on the evil.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble:

The last words of Vardishal are spoken with world-weariness.

Up to you to decide. It's certainly not Patrick Swayze in the light at the end of Ghost...

The halflings make the whole trip from the Cellar Floor, up to the First Floor, where Davashuum's body is dragged through the Front Doors, and the singular cheers of a handful of janni waiting at their posts. Three of the janni enter the Tower, and take to the Shaft quickly, while one of the janni takes off across the square. Eventually, Nefeshti returns to see it for herself.

"This is a righteous day. With Davashuum truly dead, the battle for Kelmarane is essentially over. A few scattered pockets of Davashuum’s jann still remain, but now they lack leadership, and pose no real threat any longer." The djinni princess speaks crisply with several of her own jann, and they take their leave to spread the word.

She turns back to the Scourge. "I lost not a single ally today. The citizenry of Kelmarane appears to have suffered no casualties, as well. At least, those citizens unfortunate to still walk the streets of Kelmarane this day. We owe you greatly for your role in this victory."

The three infiltrating janni exit within moments of the Tower Doors closing. In two of their hands, they bear various stacks of paper. They approach Nefeshti, who nods permission. The paperwork is brought to her tent, where they will be analyzed further.

As for Davashuum, you are encouraged to take from him what you desire.

Spoils:

3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
Bracers of Armor +3
+2 ki focus quarterstaff
Ring of protection +1
Bone Holy Symbol of Rovagug (Radiates Abjuration Magic- Identification reveals that its singular purpose is to open a portal)

Nefeshti turns to you again. "Please, join me for dinner tonight. Take your rest from the heat of the day, and let us discuss what comes next, over a quiet celebratory meal."

Also, Please Level Up to 14.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Of course Nefeshti, thank you." Aldebert bows lightly.

He offers the potions to Otah and the bracers to Mahdi if they want them. "Does anyone want the ring or quarterstaff?" he asks.

For now, and in part to keep his brother from destroying it, he gathers the unholy symbol when Mahdi identifies it. "I'll carry this for now. Could be a key we need, but once we're sure we don't, or we've used it, we'll destroy it. Agreed?" he looks to the others.

He stands straighter, "Now, my brother and I need to find our sister. Mahdi, do you want to join us and search for your brother, or separate and cover more ground?"

He works out a decent plan with Mahdi, Ami, and anyone else who wishes to help search for specific survivors.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble beams up to the sun after Yeen finishes dragging the body of Davashuum into the light, letting the carcass bloat and rot in the sun.

He smiles at his brother.
Then he smiles at Nefeshti.
Then Mahdi. Then Pent. And Otah.

Of course, no one can see him smile under his face scarf, but his posture and glittery eyes show a lot. He's deeply proud to have helped take down one of Sarenrae's evil foes.

This was a good day.

He pads up to Nefeshti, pausing before accepting the invitation to dinner. He leans over to whisper to her.

"Is Yeen invited as well? Will you have a sucking pig or goat so that he might also celebrate our day? By fang and claw, he served Sarenrae this day as well," Ami wonders, worried that if Yeen was disinvited, that we would not attend either.

Pending the answer to that, he will help snuff out (past of sniff, not murder) their sister. He is excited to see her again.

"We should go together brother. I will not lose you by accident to hidden foes who follow or have been tempted by the Rough Beast."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Yes. We must find those we are missing," Mahdi says, his satisfaction in their defeat of one lieutenant vanished nearly as soon as it the body hits the floor-- normally he takes at least a moment or two to crow over the fallen and rub in his own superiority.

But his words are terse and his manner distracted as he agrees to search with Aldebert and Ami. "We may be able to question some of the last pockets of the enemies, now that the leader has broken. My vision of my brother indicated he might be... underground. Somewhere dark, anyway. Are there any caverns beneath the town?"

Mahdi will fly around town as much as possible before his locate creature runs out, pinging constantly, trying to sense Hazim. Level up coming tomorrow, sorry


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Ugh, I was out of town for the weekend and then came back stupid sick. Sorry.

Otah stares back at Amiamble for a second confused, then offers a small bow to the happy halfling.

He takes Aldeberts offering of the potions and stuffs them in pouches on his belt. "I'll go with Mahdi, just in case." he says, as his boots have time remaining, and not wanting the fire-mage to get caught out of the sky on his own.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Thank you, Otah, it is appreciated," Mahdi says, for once without any sarcasm or brusqueness.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent enjoys the momentary state of no-fighting. Of no-blood-splatting. Of no skull-caving-in-ing. He lets the Carpet rise high in the air, taking in the town from a familiar vantage, given Sarah's blessing of flight. He almost forgets the Carpet to step free and sail by himself, but he remembers himself, and remains foot-planted on the magical weave.

Sarah! Our purpose is almost fulfilled! Kelmarane is freed, from Davashuum, for now, if Jhavhul still has eyes for it, but I don't think so, as he has his own plans, out there, somewhere. Please, please, please, help me find mine, like You'll help Mahdi find his, and the halfs find their whole. We must be close, because the foes we fight feel the false confidence of inevitability. Continue Your generous blessings, and I'll not once take them for granted! Continue Your warm embraces, and our mortal frames will stand in defiance of all the insidiousness, perniciousness, villainousness, maliciousness, and viciousness! All I ask is that You watch over us, and see us to our individual long and legendary lives...

The gnome eventually winds his way down to ground level, and accompanies the other in their search around town for signs of their lost goslings.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Amiamble wrote:
"Is Yeen invited as well? Will you have a sucking pig or goat so that he might also celebrate our day? By fang and claw, he served Sarenrae this day as well."

Nefeshti regards the halfling's request, nodding her acquiescence. "Of course. The animals will not go hungry."

...

It takes the better part of the day to search the grounds of Kelmarane. Mahdi's methodical, magical exploration of the town in search of Hazim proves futile, if final. For the effective radius of the powerful mage's casting, he's comes to be certain that all the buildings and their basements come up empty of his brother. Unless, of course, someone took to excavating more deeply than 920 feet below ground in the Scourge's time away...

The investigation of captured jann points to a common occurrence- when captured townsfolk were not outright slaughtered for their rebellion, some prisoners were kept in various buildings (such as the Temple of Sarenrae, and the Brazen Tower), while others were dragged away by efreeti, out of the town. Their likely destination- The House of the Beast, where they will serve in various forms of entertainment.

By the end of the afternoon, Kelmarane is largely secured by Nefeshti's janni guard. Those townsfolk either brave or foolish enough to inhabit the town in the face of Davashuum's occupying force begin to peek their heads out, and begin tentative chores of cleaning up the filth of the pillaging.

Those injured and unfit for travel are brought to a central location in Kelmarane's lower quarters, where their wounds are tended by mundane means. They certainly welcome any magical healing brought about by any of their liberators.
...

The Scourge returns to the Monastery for their celebratory dinner.

Nefeshti has seen to the preparations, though the meal is humble, and hardly compares to the gnome's divine Feast from the morning.

The Skulk hovers about, taking pride over having been forced to move tables, and set dishware, and pour mugs. Zrank does his level best to sound like he's directing Snaug, Ugusk, and the others, but the jann still floating about jab him as much as the others to see them to their tasks. The leader does set down his wooden platter of meats to bolt to Mahdi's side, sight seen.

"Welcome back, Master!! We had no doubt you would triumph today!! Slaughter them all? Easiest way to sleep sound, knowing all your enemies are dead!! You need us to pillage for you? Just say the word! We're mostly done here, we could scour the town all night! It's been pretty boring, waiting."

As the dinner commences, conversations between the janni captains is largely muted, as they discuss their victories from the morning infiltration. Nefeshti eventually focuses on the Scourge, and their next thrust against Jhavhul.

"The paperwork recovered from the Brazen Tower, it is largely detailed ledgers of troop transfers, duty rosters, supply schedules, and other minutiae of the day-to-day management of the army." The djinni princess takes a long sip from her wine. "The paperwork also included a hand-drawn map. It reveals the outline of a vast area of destruction emanating from the Pale Mountain. It seems that the genies expect the Pale Mountain to erupt into a volcano soon."

Knowledge(Nature) DC15:

The Brazen Peaks are not volcanic, so whatever disaster is coming must be unnatural in origin.

"For your presence, Kelmarane is now free. You are a force of nature. Will you see this through, then? The House of the Beast awaits. Jhavhul hides somewhere in its depths. For having opened the Tower's doors, he knows I'm here now. He'll see me coming. But you, quite the opposite. I am ready to provide you the last of my two Wishes tonight, and three on the morrow. I'm not sure how much longer we have, before he finishes his ritual..." She takes another sip from her goblet.

"What will you do?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 115/129
AC: 26 (F25/T14) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale))
Weapon Equipped: None
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 2/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 1/11 (Swift, 7d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Comand
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (0/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert is visibly let down that their sister is not among the local survivors. ”We must find her.” he tells his brother obviously. When he checks for her among the wounded, he looks for a central authority triaging the cases. He’ll offer to lay on hands any who can benefit from his healing (heals blindness, fatigue, disease, and poison - as well as 7d6, +1d6 if none of the above are present in the injured). He will lay on hands nine times, reserving one last bit of power for emergencies.

He meets with the party and other leaders to plan their next move. ”I will of course lend my actions to our communal cause. We have things to sell, and to buy, if it is possible. If not, that’s the way it is, but we’re better off prepared if we can be.”

(Just in case, everyone please peruse the treasure sheet and let me know if I’m selling something you want. Also, who took wishes so far? I know I got one to speak to Gretiem, has anyone else gotten one so far? We’ve five inbound, so we should each take one, and maybe mine can be used for a group thing if we can think of one.)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami has not wished for anything so far, and has no needs other than Yeen and the ability to run in the sun and wind. He would give you the wish if you wanted it, Aldebert. Or even give it to Haleen. Failing that, he’d just blow the wish on paw-shoes of the zephyr for Yeen so the cat could truly fly.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 Know (Nature)

Volcano? Here?!

Amiamble looks down to make sure Yeen is happy eating and tearing meat from something before bringing his own plate closer to his brother.

”Brother, that volcano! That isn’t right! That cannot be!” Ami tears into a chicken leg much bigger than his own hand. ”We should definitely do something. Definitely.”

Ami looks at Mahdi while he chews, his mouth stuffed with meat.

”Mah-DEEE, you should come. Help us. OOO-tah, you too,” Ami waggles his chicken leg at the pair. ”We will need you.” Ami looks over at the gnome. ”I would mention the gnome, but hard to say which direction Sarenrae is telling him to fart, if you know what I mean.”

RE: Loot sheet: we should keep the diamond dust for spells. You never know. Might even be good to buy an additional 5k or 10k in diamond dust just in case.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

I'm good with the list of sell-items.

"I'll see this through. I don't think Zenzirad would appreciate it if I didn't."

"That's a lot of wishes!" Otah is impressed with the offered power. "Is granting strength among those gifts?" he asks, unsure if there's a wiser course of action.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Nefeshti wrote:
"Will you see this through, then? The House of the Beast awaits. Jhavhul hides somewhere in its depths. For having opened the Tower's doors, he knows I'm here now. He'll see me coming. But you, quite the opposite. I am ready to provide you the last of my two Wishes tonight, and three on the morrow. I'm not sure how much longer we have, before he finishes his ritual..."

Pent bends the whole asparagus to fit into his mouth, before speaking to the djinni princess while his lower lip protrudes from the unmasticated vegetable.

"Won't do to let Jhavhul finish what he started. That's up to us to see us finish what he started, all his disregard for life here on the Material. I'm a little hazy on the details. Distracted by all the rabble running in our streets. Our intelligence points to the House of the Beast, right? And Jhavhul goes deep, right? Sounds like that last chamber we investigated the last time we were there, so you're probably right we should bring our might to bear on a second infiltration. Are you willing to spare any of your men in this effort? The more cannon fodder, the better, I say. We can let the fodder on both sides fight itself, while we go looking for the cannonball behind it all. You expected losses today, so I imagine your amenable to sacrifice to a good cause?"

The gnome finishes what he started, consuming the asparagus, the first flourish of a toothy smile, which sinks into the greenery.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Otah wrote:
"I'll see this through. I don't think Zenzirad would appreciate it if I didn't."

Otah:

Well said. We took our pound of flesh from Davashuum, now we turn our eyes on Jhavhul. You heard her- he's the last of this.

Otah wrote:
"That's a lot of wishes! Is granting strength among those gifts?"

Nefeshti nods confidently. "Yes, Otah, that is certainly something Wishcraft can grant, though it has its limits. What kind of strength are you looking for? Strength of mind, or strength of body? Or some other kind of strength?"

Aldebert wrote:
"I will of course lend my actions to our communal cause. We have things to sell, and to buy, if it is possible. If not, that’s the way it is, but we’re better off prepared if we can be.”

Nefeshti turns her gaze upon the noble halfling. "Off to Katapesh, then? I'm afraid resources are scant here. Any of the merchants you managed to free are likely deprived of any of their wares. Conscripted into battle, I'm afraid."

Sense Motive DC 20:

Her words suggest that Kelmarane has given up its resources to both sides of the battle...

"I would make all haste. There is no telling how much more time Jhavhul requires to see his work done." Nefeshti looks genuinely concerned.

Pent wrote:
"I'm a little hazy on the details. Distracted by all the rabble running in our streets. Our intelligence points to the House of the Beast, right? And Jhavhul goes deep, right? Sounds like that last chamber we investigated the last time we were there, so you're probably right we should bring our might to bear on a second infiltration. Are you willing to spare any of your men in this effort? The more cannon fodder, the better, I say. We can let the fodder on both sides fight itself, while we go looking for the cannonball behind it all. You expected losses today, so I imagine your amenable to sacrifice to a good cause?"

Nefeshti spends the first spoken sentences of Pent politely locking eyes. When it's clear he's going to speak longer, she allows her gaze to return to the food set in front of her, and lets her ears continue paying attention.

"Yes, I am willing to see your team bolstered by several of my captains. There is much at stake here, and we will not flinch in its face."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

(Good idea brother. I’ll trust you to keep track of the diamond dust for now. Thanks.)

”Brother,” Aldebert takes a pouch of diamond dust from the pile, ”Hold this for me please, we may need it later.”

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

When Nefeshti speaks about haste, Aldebert nods in agreement, ”Yes, I had hopes of something closer, but what about this? A wish can be used for transportation, can it not? Send us to Katapesh for ‘my’ wish today, after you grant Otah great strength. That’s your two wishes for today, and we’ll be in the city dealing with merchants. We’ll spend the night there, and Mahdi can teleport us back on the morrow, after we complete our shopping.”

He pauses at the thought of the might held by the wizard. Smiling he continues, ”This way we lose but a day in transit and shopping, and will be much better off I feel, for what lies ahead. Might even manage to head in before the days out too if we’re lucky.”

When Pent speaks up about assistance, Aldebert isn’t sure if he should feel slighted, ”Pent, you worry we cannot overcome what forces lie below?” he chides the gnome. But he accepts Nefeshti’s offer of captains, ”Excellent. We shall endeavor to keep them alive, and send them back once we have overcome the fodder of the enemy.”

(I've got 5k for diamond dust, anybody need anything else? Pent, do you require any healing wands? We're otherwise ready to divvy, if we go to Katapesh...)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami smiles at his brother from under his scarf. Ayep. 6000gp of diamond dust.

”That’s a good plan, Brother,” Ami agrees with the leader, thinking about getting another chicken leg. He goes to check on Yeen, making sure the cat is well fed and tended.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Good plan Aldebert. Though, while the thought of dead-lifting a troll amuses me, can we not think of something better to spend our wish on?" the dwarf is asks with some amount of shame - for requesting a personal gift in the face of the task at hand.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Naw, Otah, take what you can. I did when I wished to communicate with Gretiem better. Quite selfish. Your request of strength will help us all in the trials ahead, while my request will likely do nothing to advance the group."

He chuckles, "Clearly I am the more selfish wise dwarf. Take your strength, and let us wish our way to Katapesh without further ado! There may yet be merchants ready to take our coin this night, for truly the bazaar never sleeps!"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Aldebert wrote:
"Pent, you worry we cannot overcome what forces lie below?”

The gnome snorts mid-chew, and fortunately or unfortunately, expels a kernel of corn, which was quite resigned to finding the gnome's belly, through his left nostril.

"You didn't have a problem with Nefeshti allying with us in the liberation of Kelmarane. You thinking Jhavhul has grown complacent, and put his best forces so far away from the House of the Beast? Eh, I'm all for allies, however few can be afforded." Pent plucks the kernel from his whiskers, and promptly pops it back in his mouth.

Nefeshti wrote:
"Yes, I am willing to see your team bolstered by several of my captains. There is much at stake here, and we will not flinch in its face."

Pent raises his goblet, content to keep masticating the night away.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

"We should go give Jhavhul the whatfor," Ami pounds his tiny fist into his tiny outstretched palm.

Amiamble agrees to whatever his brother decides is best and speaks to him about buying some flying shoes for Yeen. Or maybe he should wish for them?

But mostly, he offers Nefesti a big hug after the feast and thanks her for being so kind to Yeen. That's important. Very important.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Aldebert wrote:
"Send us to Katapesh for ‘my’ wish today, after you grant Otah great strength. That’s your two wishes for today, and we’ll be in the city dealing with merchants. We’ll spend the night there, and Mahdi can teleport us back on the morrow, after we complete our shopping."

As the dinner concludes, Nefeshti stands at her place at the head of the table, and smooths her garment. "Your plan is sound. Given the remaining hours of our evening together, you should have some time to investigate your purchases. I expect you'll want to arrive at the Daystalls? Or Nightstalls? Or somewhere else nearby?"

The djinni listens carefully to both Otah's Wish, then Aldebert's.

Otah, your Wish is granted. You receive a +1 Inherent Bonus to your Strength.

As Nefeshti finishes her Second Wish of the day, she turns to you all, in turn.

"Safe return. Do not delay any longer than is necessary to see your preparations realized. We will see to the wounded. Return here by morning, and we'll consider your next three Wishes."

In the blink of fourteen eyes, you are suddenly standing exactly where Aldebert specified in the wording of his Wish.

Welcome back to Katapesh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert wishes to go to the Daystalls, hoping for a few hungry vendors yet tonight. Either tonight, or in the morning, he sells the parties goods as quickly as he can.

Profession Merchant: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Party Divvy!
Everyone gets 12,600gp after we pick up the additional diamond dust.

Satisfied he’s done what he can, he arranges rooms in the best inn he can find rooms available in. ”Might as well be comfortable tonight, it’s not going to get any easier from here.” he suggests.

In the morning, after a hearty breakfast provided likely by good sir Pent, he heads out to make some purchases for himself. He’s been saving up for something special, and he can now afford it! He tries to obtain in the market…

Bracers of the Merciful Knight (15,600gp)
Pearl of Power, third level (9,000gp)

As soon as he has both in his possession, he looks for the others, and helps them with their purchases as well.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Much obliged, Abadarian! Money, money, money...

"If Aldebert is securing the rooms, then we should at least spend our dinner time eating well at the Azure Star!! I'll nab us a grand table, with the plushies for our tushies, and a personal waiter to port our food to table." Will gladly drop mad coin for the good stuff

When the half brings the ham from the mercantile slaughter, the gnome bolts into the city, seeking a couple of items, as well as a side of Pesh for one brief readjustment, before their final push against Jhavhul.

Dropping 20K for a Rod of Wonder, and a Ring of the Ram. 500gp for a yank of the primo pesh...

...

The next morning, Pent is more than willing to provide Sarah's Sumptuous Repast. "Feels like the dawn of an auspicious day!! Like we're gonna see this through, in a final, forceful fight. Well, you'll end up doing most of the fighting and smiting, the flashing and bashing, the wresting and the besting, but I feel honored to see this through to the finale." Pent works his way through the meal with a gnomely penchant for mixing food items that shouldn't be mixed, just to learn the very thing.

When the meal concludes, Pent looks to Mahdi. "We're ready when you are. Are we launching directly at the House of the Beast, or landing in Kelmarane and working our way there more circuitously?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert finds his way to the Sand Dragon Inn, of the Inner City. This sprawling inn sits along the southern side of the Golden Oasis. A long serpentine dragon made of brass perches above the inn’s main entrance. Their food is reasonably priced, if a bit heavy on the curry. Travelers often stop here before moving on to explore the city further, as the large common room is cool and clean. The Sand Dragon Inn charges normal rates for their rooms, which are clean and relatively vermin-free.

He is easily able to secure separate rooms, and either separate stabling for the mounts, or ground floor rooms where the animals are allowed to bed with their masters.

Pent has to press a little extra coin to see a table set more quickly for the Scourge not to wait overly long, but Azure Star is accommodating to all comers in the Lower City.

Azure Star reigns supreme as the most popular cantina for visitors and locals alike. From the outside it looks like a large gray tent covered in sky-blue stars. Inside, silk partitions create private rooms surrounding a large open common room with overlapping carpets and rugs covering the floor. Patrons lounge around small polished tables on soft, comfortable pillows. A soft breeze created by a bound air elemental wafts through the tent, rippling its walls.

At the top of every hour, musicians and singers entertain the guests with haunting and entrancing songs and melodies brought to Katapesh from the remotest corners of the world.

Many visitors come to Azure Star to sample the exotic cuisine served there such as honeyed loci, curdled camel milk, pesh-sprinkled dhabba liver, pickled scorpion, grilled adder, thrice-poisoned oysters, and many more.

...

Katapesh, renowned City of Trade, is able to provide all of your desired purchases, however exotic. Confirmed purchases for Aldebert and Pent.

...

In the morning, as the Scourge stirs from their beds in the Sand Dragon, a runner from the front desk visits Mahdi, and presses a parcel into his hands. It is wrapped in papyrus, tied with a silk ribbon.

Mahdi:

A single script sits on the leather of a thick book.

Good tidings, master Mahdi Al-Jabira. In your absence, I was not idle. Imagine my surprise when I learned that you came to me! I negotiated with Kazim, and through her, the Pactmasters, and for that hard work, you have in your hands the good will of Katapesh. We thought you the best vessel for this knowledge. I hope this serves you well, as you have come to serve this region. We are deeply in your debt.

The script is signed 'Rayhan'.

You have in your possession a Tome of Clear Thought +2.

How do you proceed?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami obviously won’t be going into any room that won’t allow Yeen into it, and so will be taking ground floor rooms or just happily sleeping in the stables next to his cat.

Ami will secure nice fresh meats for Yeen long before taking any fancy foods for himself.

Pent Arotha wrote:
"We're ready when you are. Are we launching directly at the House of the Beast, or landing in Kelmarane and working our way there more circuitously?"

Ami listens, not really having an opinion that matters. If given his way, they would race across the sands to the volcano, but others may not delight in the sun and wind and sands the way Ami and Yeen do. Maybe if they tried it once or twice, they might like it, but they won’t.

”Yeah Maaah-DEEE, what now?”


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Oh! Our remaining..." Pent immediately recognizes that the next word out of his mouth shouldn't be made to reach any roaming eardrums, so he cuts the volume disvoluminously, "Wishes!! I completely forgot about them, in the blitzful haze of last evening." The gnome pumps up the volume. "Yeah, I'm ready to return to the monastery, when we're all ready." Pent does turn his gaze to Mahdi, and waits for the magic.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah grins sheepishly as he flexes, bending arms and chest that seem more resistant to his bodily commands.

"Thank you!"

When arriving at Katapesh, he'll join Aldebert for some shopping. Keeping an eye out for a Goz Mask, which will be his only purchase if he can find it.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 129/129
AC: 26 (F25/T14)
Conditions: Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale))
Weapon Equipped: None
Greatsword Attack BAB +14/+9/+4, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -4) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +12 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 5/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +14 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 13/13 (Swift, 9d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned; Lesser Restoration (1/1))
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Pearl of Power, First (2/2), Second (1/1), Third (1/1)
Spells (caster level 11, concentration +15, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Comand
2) Mirror Image, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door, Inspiring Recovery
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 90/90 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 11 Will: 6 (SR 16, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +12 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +9, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

"I think, when Mahdi rejoins us, we're headed back to Nefeshti. We should collect the other three wishes - that's you brother, Pent, and Mahdi I think. We should see if she's learned anything new, collect the Janni who will be joining us, and prepare to depart."

"Pent, can you makes us all into wind again for the journey? I can summon Gretiem when we arrive, so just us, with Yeen of course, and any Janni who will be joining us. How long do you think it'll take to get there from Kelmarane? Just trying to figure out if we can leave yet today, or if we should wait until first light."

"If we're leaving tomorrow, I have healing that might yet be useful here, and a few things to attend to - including examining what might be left of our home and servant, Frederick Cooperworth."

"Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention this, I have a lesser rod of enlarge that I'm scarcely using. I just need one charge a day of three. Can any of you get some use of it?" he takes out the rod and offers it around.

(I only need one use a day in the morning, so if one of you could use this, take it and carry it around. Only works on 1-3 lvl spells.)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi can spare barely more than a distracted nod for the Scourge's excited babble, the mage looking more exhausted than triumphant despite their victories when he eventually rejoins the others. He is unusually silent throughout the celebrations, and only nods once at Aldebert's suggestion that they return to the city for supplies.

As they settle to their plans, Mahdi has none of his usual bombast or excited plans for how magic will clearly be the best tool of infiltration. When halfling and gnome nudge him from an untouched glass of wine, Mahdi looks up slowly, eyes distant.

"All that I want is my brother." Then his face hardens. "And if I do not find him alive and well then all the flames of every ring of Hell itself will not shield Davashuum from my vengeance."

He turns to look at Nefeshti. "There is a spell... to learn the location. Can you use your wishcraft to find my brother for me? I have --" Mahdi's brown hand disappears inside the neck of his robe and comes out with a talisman at odds with his otherwise now-fine clothing: a simple cord of leather, from which hangs a single copper coin, tarnished, bent, so worn the face is near illegible. "This was his. If you need a focus, to discern his location."

Mahdi pulls it off from around his neck and hands it supplicatingly to the princess of the air. "...Please."

***

Mahdi is terse and all-business during the shopping, striding from wizard's shop to wizard's shop, and taking no joy in flaunting his power to the magicians who once shood him from their doorsteps. He burns with purpose.... and with occasional actual wisps of flame. (I'll figure out some purchases, sorry)

***

At the questions of the best approach, Mahdi closes his eyes, steeples his fingers before him.

"Let us launch directly. The sooner we are there, the sooner I will have Davashuum's corpse thrown down the mountain so that I may spit on it," he says flatly. "I must do some... very important.... reading and prepare my spells. I shall see you all in the morning."

OOCly clarifying, since my information parsing isn't the best right now: we're going from Katapesh to House of the Beast (assuming we've collected/used all our wishes)? Is Mahdi needing to contribute some spells to that transportation? I'm fine with it if so, just trying to keep track of what I need to ahve prepped. I'd say at this point the Scourge isn't much help, so Mahdi may release them into the wilderness/from his service, which I'll try and cover in another post.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Everyone wrote:
”wishes wishes wishes”

Ami looks at his feet, then at Yeen. He moves over to whisper to his brother.

”I don’t know what to wish for. You should take it. You’re very smart and brave and could make good use of it,” Ami says intently. ”Sarenrae has already given me all I need. I need naught else.”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Brother, you should think of something that might help you fight Sarenrae's fight. She provides much, that is certain, but surely there is something you can use?"

He thinks a moment before quietly suggesting, "You could wish to do something about your scars." He pauses a moment to let the idea take hold.

"It cannot undo the harm people have done to you brother, but it might help you face a new dawn. Surely that cannot be all bad?"

He leans back, thinking, "If not that, you could do as Mahdi has done and seek our sister. I am hopeful we shall find her on our quest, but you could add some certainty to that endeavor. I have an old contract she signed. It's not much, but it is her signature. Might help the spell, I dunno."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami sits on his haunches as he brother offers ideas. They are not bad ideas, but also, they are not good ones.

”Find Haleenie? She’s fine though. Isn’t she fine?” Ami asks, knowing that his sister was strong and smart, almost as strong and smart as Aldebert. He ponders.

Sure. Will wish to find Haleen, to see that she is safe, for a reunion when things are over.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Scourge is entirely successful in its sought-out purchases, either from the Daystalls or the Nightstalls. Money trades hands, purchases are handed over, and nary an attempt on any of the Kelmaranians to divest them of said purchases. The air surrounding each member is enough to discourage the shiftier citizens of Katapesh.

...

Returning to the Monastery by teleportation magic, or wind, is uneventful. Nefeshti has secured intelligence, at a cost, and reports to you that you have no more than three days to see this to its conclusion.

She proffers the first day's Wishes, and suggests that you stay one more day for another set of Wishes, before she feels the time is truly of the essence.

Wish #1- Mahdi's Request (Find Hazim)
Wish #2- Amiamble's Request (Find Haleen)
Wish #3- Pent's Request (...)

Does the Scourge decide to remain for one more day, or strike out immediately, once the Wishes are granted?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Departure sort of depends on time of day and duration of travel...

Aldebert looks to Pent, and up into the sky, "So, Pent, do you think we can make it there with the wind before nightfall? Or should we leave tomorrow? I'm not keen on traveling after dark - we won't easily be able to see each other in mist form, or the ground, and I don't want us to get lost."

He looks to the others, "However, if we can go today, let's go. If we need to rest to replenish spells," he looks to Mahdi and Pent, "We can do so, but near the target so we're fresh. I'd like to get in there as quickly as we can in case we need to fall back and recuperate."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Sorry, trying to slow play for Mahdi and Otah can opine.

Ami nods at his brother. He can leave whenever as he has no obligations save to Yeen and Sarenrae.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Will we know the results of Mahdi's wished 'discern location' before we travel? It theoretically might influence his purchases or his prep, potentially...

It doesn't seem like anyone has big ideas for what they'd like for the wish, but at the same time it seems a damn shame to waste them, how often do you get offered WISHES in a campaign? Let alone like six of them. I don't want to be greedy and ask for something like more Int when I already have the tome. I could ask for a wish to make me able to read my tome in less than the allotted time? Do Pent or Ami want more of a certain stat? A spell buff could be made permanent with wish, if that's of interest to anyone.... Could we do a contingent breath of life or something like that?

"We travel with the light and with the sun," Mahdi says in grim response to Aldebert's words. "If they see us coming, so be it. All the more to burn. I am fine with resting near our target, but we must assume he may know we are coming... our rest may not be entirely peaceful."

(I'll buy, scribe, and prep a casting of rope trick, and buy a scroll of nap stack and its material component-- I can't use that spell, but Pent could)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"True Mahdi. We should try to find a place close enough to save us some time, but far enough to rest reasonably. Nothing is guaranteed to be sure, but there must be a happy medium out there - especially with your magics to aid us."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble nods along with Mahdi and his brother, not really sure he’s following along, but trusting them both with what they decide.

”Do we know if there are more gnolls there to slay? That would be good,” Ami asks anxiously.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"I like it. Get there as soon as possible, help us deal with any potential slow-downs we might come across."

"Can we leave someone with Nefeshti to wish on our behalf the days we are absent, so that we might receive her blessings while in the field? Or do we need to be here?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Aldebert wrote:
"So, Pent, do you think we can make it there with the wind before nightfall? Or should we leave tomorrow? I'm not keen on traveling after dark - we won't easily be able to see each other in mist form, or the ground, and I don't want us to get lost. However, if we can go today, let's go. If we need to rest to replenish spells, we can do so, but near the target so we're fresh. I'd like to get in there as quickly as we can in case we need to fall back and recuperate."

Pent stretches, popping several gnome joints in the process. "Sarah will bless us with the speed of the wind, but I can only poke four of you, and myself. That would be, by my unerring count by directional finger-pointing, you Aldebert, you Mahdi, you Otah, and you Amiamble. That leaves the animals to find their way without the whoosh of the wind, the zoom of the zephyr, the skip of the tsunami, the goose of the gust. You've got your gecko covered, but that leaves Yeen behind. Unless you see another way..?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 9
1d100 ⇒ 40
1d100 ⇒ 85
1d100 ⇒ 32

The Evening Before the Dash to Market...

Mahdi wrote:
"There is a spell... to learn the location. Can you use your wishcraft to find my brother for me? I have -- This was his. If you need a focus, to discern his location."

Princess Nefeshti reaches for the copper coin, gently pinching it from Mahdi's outstretched hand. "This is a heart-felt wish of yours, and I see no uncertainty in your eyes. Let me fulfill your desire."

Mahdi Wishes for a Discern Location on Hazim.

Nefeshti presses the copper coin to her forehead, speaking softly the words which will weave the exact spell Mahdi seeks. As she completes the utterance, she hands Mahdi back the coin, as her eyes stare off at something a great distance away.

"Your brother stands chained in the Hall of Whispers, in the House of the Beast." Her visage turns mournful, as her sight returns to the room in the now. "He looks upon the Maggot Throne, though he sees it not." She smiles sadly at Mahdi, before turning to the next wish seeker.

The Return to the Monastery, and Nefeshti

Travel from Katapesh to the Monastery will need someone to tick off the magic to see the return accomplished, like before.

Aldebert wrote:
"If not that, you could do as Mahdi has done and seek our sister. I am hopeful we shall find her on our quest, but you could add some certainty to that endeavor. I have an old contract she signed. It's not much, but it is her signature. Might help the spell, I dunno."
Amiamble wrote:
"Find Haleenie? She’s fine though. Isn’t she fine?”

Nefeshti approaches Aldebert, bearer of the contract, and accepts it into her hands. She looks to Amiamble, seeking the confirmation that can only come from the eyes above the scarf. When she sees it, she nods, and performs the same ritual which served Mahdi the night before.

Amiamble Wishes for a Discern Location on Haleen.

Nefeshti allows her fingers to drift across the surface of the paper, returning it sightlessly to the Abadarian.

"Haleen lies under an almond tree, in the Stone Speakers, beneath the House of the Beast. She measures her breath, like a hunter trying to remain undetected by her prey."

She seems genuinely intrigued by this vision, though she can speak no further on it.

While the Azer Mamluks maintain a healthy activity with chores about the Monastery, the Skulk has taken to hunting about the adjacent lands of the Pale Mountain region between the Monastery and Kelmarane. By hunting, the kobolds will report small game, and Zrank will pull Mahdi aside to show him several pesh baskets brought from the fields. Snaurg and Ugusk have managed to fend off the lesser kobolds pilfering plants for their own wealth pockets.

Princess Nefeshti gathers the Scourge for the days' assessment.

"There are roughly 30 miles which stand between us and the House of the Beast. My janni contingent has already been sent. You need not worry about seeing them to their assignment. Their main duty is to clear any patrols or wandering monsters that have returned to the upper aspects of the House. You needn't coordinate your infiltration with my captains. I've enlisted the help of someone you may be familiar with."

Upon uttering these words, a call goes out, and the flapping of wings sounds from the courtyard, through the hall, and finally to the war room.

Undrella the harpy saunters in, wings tucked firmly along her back. She looks about the room, a confident searching on her face, until she finds Mahdi standing so radiantly in the morning light. "There you are, you fine specimen of your kind. I knew you'd come back to me." She crosses the room to stand alongside the fire mage, though she does not try to make physical contact with Mahdi. She turns to regard the Princess.

"The House is well and truly sealed off by stone, at each and every entrance above ground. The windows, the doorways, the balconies... Your Jhavhul is uninterested in anyone striding through the front doors. We know that the more hidden underground paths have been sealed off, as well. When we spy the genies coming and going, they appear to blink into and out of view, magically, sometimes reappearing from gaseous forms."

Undrella looks to you all. "You've been inside already, yes? That might make it easier for you to do the same." The harpy regards the group, nodding to Nefeshti, who returns her respectful nod. Undrella waits to answer any questions the Scourge might have for her.

The Princess watches as the harpy eventually departs. After the report, Nefeshti inquires with you further.

"I have two remaining Wishes for today. If you choose to wait one more day, you will have three more. What will you ask of me today?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Upon Return to the Monastery

Pent prepares the Feast of all Feasts, as per usual. Cast Heroes' Feast

When Nefeshti approaches the group, and asks about more Wishes, Pent perks up, when his turn comes. The excitement is palpable, as he resonates with the possibility of the genie princess's grantings.

"Noble Nefeshti, genie Princess, kind heart who allies with ours, I would gladly sip of the Well of your Words. You see, my companion was granted a great book of Words as well. From what he tells us, it will require days to consume. Days we don't have. If your Wish will grant it, I'd like to see him devour the Tome like a sugar cube dissolves on the tongue. A big, wet, slobbery tongue. Not a dry one that you couldn't melt a cracker on. Not a cow tongue laying on the butcher's block for sale, since it's not hooked up to the cow's salivary glands, you know, if the butcher did his job right..."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 14

Nefeshti understands the intent of the gnome, but soon starts to lightly frown as Pent begins to describe things that muddy her formulation of the next Wish. She leans forward, and presses a finger to the gnome's lips, cutting off the back part of his elaboration.

"Yes, yes, you don't need to go on like that. This can be done." The djinni turns to Mahdi.

Pent Wishes for Mahdi to instantly understand his Tome.

"Master Mahdi, find yourself full of comprehension. When you decide to open your book, you will find yourself able to turn its pages, and come to your conclusion, after only one hour."

Nefeshti looks to those not gnome, and inquires. "One more Wish, should you decide to depart today. Who will ask, and what will you request?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
"You've got your gecko covered, but that leaves Yeen behind. Unless you see another way..?"

Ami stares at his brother with mouth agape behind his scarf. He knows his brother knows that such things are not on the table. He’s *not* leaving Yeen. He’ll ask Mahdi to point the direction to the place they are going and Ami and Yeen will run there all day and all night, but he’s not leaving his cat and his connection to Sarenrae behind.

He crosses arms and glares at Aldebert, waiting for his brother to tell the gnome how bad and awful that idea was.

* * *

GM Rat Sass wrote:
"One more Wish, should you decide to depart today. Who will ask, and what will you request?"

Ami looks at his brother.

[b]”If we all wish to travel as one to a location, maybe we should wish for that, Brother.”[/b}


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah raises Zenzirad above his head, arms on each end of it's shaft, and stretches towards the ceiling.

"We should leave today. Perhaps one of our allies can wish on our behalf tomorrow to refresh some of your spells, or pull your family members from captivity."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Yes, we could use our last with today to get us close, fear not brother. Then tomorrow, we assault it. Pent, do you think your Wind Walk spell could make us misty enough to get through whatever holes they may have there? Can you cast it twice to get us all? I doubt that's what they're doing, but it might work for us. If not, Mahdi, can you dimension door the lot of us through the walls?"

"I can cast it too, but can only bring myself and three others. But between us we should be able to get the group if we have to. I think we'll find our family inside somewhere Otah. But yes, if they're elsewhere..."

"We could wish ourselves to our sister or your brother." he looks to Mahdi. "They wouldn't be expecting that. And a wish can put us anywhere, right?" he looks to Nefeshti, his mind ablaze with the possibility.

"Hazim is in prison. Might not want to start inside the prison. But Haleen seems to be in hiding. I don't know where the 'Stone Speakers' are exactly. Is that somewhere we want to be?"

He wonders, looking to the smarter and more knowledgeable folk for answers.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble still waits for his brother to scold Pent for suggesting that Yeen could be left behind, but also moves to a move rational question.

”Brother! We should wish Haleen was here with us! That’s what we should do! We should get her out of danger before we go in. And maybe Maaahh-DEE’s brother too.”

10,451 to 10,500 of 10,950 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.