GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,251 to 10,300 of 10,971 << first < prev | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | next > last >>

Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5 CMW
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13 CMW 25/27 charges CMW

Ami uses the newly found wand on himself before stowing it away. Only then does he look around at the carnage. He smiles broadly.

”Well, that was a good start. A very good start! I hope there are more gnolls for us to slay someplace. Surely, this cannot be all of them.”

He moves to support Otah when he opens the door.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert takes a moment to patrol the Apse of the Temple, feeling every bit of the desecration that has descended upon the altar of Sarenrae. There doesn't appear to be anything of value lying about, nor further confrontation, now that the gnoll priest and his two tarantulas are vanquished.

Otah returns to the single door, which opens on a small hallway, leading to four separate single doors. With little to discourage you now, you begin opening the remaining doors. Otah stands guard for his size, which will inconvenience you should a sudden reason arise to abandon this section of the Temple.

The first door on the left is the Sacristy. This small room held the priests’ vestments and religious paraphernalia, now ruined and despoiled or looted. It is unoccupied.

The door on the right opens to reveal the High Priest’s Quarters. This room was formerly the living quarters of the high priest of Sarenrae. It appears that Narrgok has commandeered it for himself, and the once luxurious furnishings have been irreparably soiled and smashed. You spy a small coffer under the bed. It contains blocks of foul-smelling incense, three vials of unholy water, and a pouch of powdered diamond (worth 1000 gp). Also unoccupied.

The door at the end of the hallway proves to be empty as well. This private chapel for the priests of Sarenrae now reeks of blood and urine, its mosaic floor ruptured with gaping cracks.

The final iron-bound door is locked, and requires the Key found on Narrgok's corpse.

Within the room, in a pitiful state of deprivation and torture, are three acolytes of Sarenrae, all that remain of the priests of this temple. They do not stir when you open the door, but you can tell they live by the rising of their breasts.

Heal Check DC 15:

Their physical wounds will heal, given time. The psychological wounds... who knows...

Roll20 Map has been updated.

...

With the Temple of Rovagug purged of its evil denizens, the Scourge of Kelmarane returns to the western doors to assess the state of rage within the city's gates.

The battle has moved up the slopes of Kelmarane, with Nefeshti’s jann using ethereal jaunt to bypass the road and manifest north of the Brazen Tower to continue the battle. Their is gnollsign beyond the fringes of the town, but it is scattered and insignificant. In moments, the battle for Kelmarane turns into a siege, as the forces of Nefeshti begin to amass around the tower of brass where once stood the Battle Market.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi takes the time to collect the head of Narrgok, however ravaged it may be from the cat's attentions. He wrinkles his nose slightly for the grisly trophy he now holds, but only because it's leaking blood from the ruin that was once its throat-- onto his robes. After some careful consideration he winds up gripping the unsightly thing by the hair.

To Ami's comments, the mage offers only a thin smile. "I can only call up such wonders as that once a day or so... but I seemed to have done it in the nick of time, his axe looked poised to sever your head."

Pent's questions earn-- at first-- indulgent answers from the mage, as he looks through Narrgok's belongings, casually deciphering the enchantments upon them.

"Hmmm? Oh, it would last... about two minutes, I suppose, if the target did not manage to squirm free during that time... oh. This is a healing wand. Amiamble, you ought get yourself less.... sliced. Or Aldebert as well, if he's still injured.... no, I designate a single soul as the target of those chains and they only seek to restrain that person, I cannot redirect them-- hmm, enchanted armor, oh, that amulet is reasonably powerful as a form of armor... Otah, what sort of belt are you wearing? Or Aldebert, I suppose, this one would convey the strength of giants on you-- ugh, no, Pent, they cannot be monkeys."

(Take 10 to id all of Narrgok's loot, so Aldebert can add it to the tracker-- is the +2 amulet an upgrade for anyone? Or the Belt +4?)

Once outside, Mahdi gestures at the siege in development. "A moment. I would like to fly over the tower there and chuck this disgusting little thing into the hands of the enemy who are still present. It shouldn't take me long. I might also be able to gather some information on the forces we must still fight."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami could use the amulet of NA +2, but not if anyone else needs it. He has a nice belt that he likes.

Ami slips back into invisibility, sniffing around while Mahdi works.

”Maaah-DEE, who was Narrok? Do know him outside of as a monster that needed to die?” Ami asks from Yeenback.

He waits for Mahdi to return from his scouting mission.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert swears as he sees the damage in the apse. ”Well as if we didn’t need proof of their vileness. I think it can be cleansed given enough time.”

As they walk through the other devastation, he picks up the diamond dust, ”Hey, how about we donate this to the church for it’s rebuilding efforts?” If the group agrees, he’ll see to it once a new high priest is emplaced.

When they reach the acolytes he’s happy to find them alive.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22 (circumstance) vs DC 15

He relates what he knows to Pent and asks, ”Pent, is there anything you can do for them to get them on their feet? We need to get them out of here, and I think it’s time we checked in with the main army. There may be other tasks for us at this point.”

When Mahdi suggests a fly by, he offers to join him. ”I’m not as fast as you (fly 30’) but I’d feel better knowing you had some backup just in case. I can hang back a bit if you prefer, especially if you’ll be invisible. But I want to be nearby.”

He also examines the belt of strength, ”This is an improvement.” he looks to Otah, ”Do you want it? If not, I could sure use it.” If Otah agrees, Aldebert will switch belts when he returns from his flyby with Mahdi. (Not a lot of time on the spell so he’ll not muck about with it now.)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah shakes his head. "All yours Aldebert."

Gauntlets of +4 Str already being worn. Weird slot item, but... it was there?


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"I'm afraid I've no way right now of making myself unseen-- I already exhausted that knowledge today," Mahdi says with a shrug. "I simply intended to stay high and move fast, so to speak."

The wizard pauses with a thoughtful frown. "...I suppose if I throw the head from too high a height, it won't be recognizable when it lands. That would defeat the whole purpose." A siiiigh. "Perhaps we ought simply reconvene with our allies and see where the likeliest need for our abilities rests.... as you suggested."

Mahdi gazes with only mild interest at the tortured priests. "Hmm. Well, if Pent was able to heal that mind-cracked genie I imagine he can do something for them, but perhaps not today?"

As they ready to leave the temple, Mahdi murmurs the words of a spell, his lips momentarily drawn into a thin line. With the spell concluded, he focuses, brows furrowed, on... nothing in particular, it would seem, though he turns first to the east, then west, then north, then south, one hand still clenched tightly in the dead Rovagugian's hair...

Illustrious GM: Mahdi is casting Locate Creature, which at this level is going to have a range of 940' feet out in all directions from him, and will last for two hours and ten minutes. He will try and 'ping' his brother Hazim with the spell every few dozen feet. It may not turn anything up, especially depending on what lies between us and our missing friends (various things may block the spell), but he's certainly going to do it all the same.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Mahdi wrote:
"...ugh, no, Pent, they cannot be monkeys."

Pent frowns lightly, unsure if he's more disappointed that the casting of the Chains magic is a rigid, time-honored obligation to be, in fact, Chains, or that Mahdi lacks the imagination or the impetus to try and bring into existence said chain of monkeys. As Mahdi hacks into the gnoll's neck, he decides that the nagging follow up question can wait for a later time.

Aldebert wrote:
"Hey, how about we donate this to the church for it’s rebuilding efforts?”

"Never let it be said that a Kelmaranian Abadarian can't also be a humanitarian samaritan to Sarahrayans. I second the half's desire to help this hall regain its true identity!"

Aldebert wrote:
"Pent, is there anything you can do for them to get them on their feet? We need to get them out of here, and I think it’s time we checked in with the main army. There may be other tasks for us at this point.”

Pent drifts over to see to the acolytes. "They look like something a strong wind might carry away." The gnome sniffs loudly and obviously. "A strong wind might do them some good. Might need to tie a string on their ankles, then tie the string to something that itself won't get blown away by the strength of the wind necessary to see them flutter like newly washed linens, but it wouldn't need to be for more than an hour, I'd guess, to see them thoroughly aired out." Pent looks at Mahdi, Maker of Fire, and decides that air-based spells are probably not on his prep list for this day, so decides not to ask at present.

Mahdi wrote:
"Hmm. Well, if Pent was able to heal that mind-cracked genie I imagine he can do something for them, but perhaps not today?"

Pent nods. "I think I'll see them safely from here. Can't be too safe, with roaming gnolls and skulking jann." The gnome navigates the Carpet to the floor, and gives a radiant burst of Sarah's healing to bolster the acolytes, before taking them onto the Carpet, one by one, a planar ark that can bear them above the turbulent streets of Kelmarane.

"Now, I'm hoping we'll be able to do as Aldebert suggests, and meet up with the main army of Nefeshti, as I'll be little good trying to fly into another fray with three weak knees perched on high with me."

Pent takes to the air space just outside the Temple, and watches Mahdi and Aldebert take to the sky, head in hand.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Otah:

Zen speaks up with the cessation of battle.

Your fighting was more enjoyable against the Jann, ser Otah. These gnolls are nothing. We must find worthier allies to Jhavhul, and snuff them out.

Mahdi and Aldebert discuss the practicality of skull-chucking, and the fire mage refrains from immediately launching Narrgok's visage into enemy territory.

This proves a wise decision, as the Scourge of Kelmarane departs the Temple of Rovagug, and allows the noises of battle to draw their attention towards... the Brazen Tower.

A large contingent of Nefeshti's jann are settled around the Battle Market turned Tower. The more open space to the north of the Brazen Tower is where Nefeshti has chosen to post a small camp.

Roll20 Map has been updated.

Mahdi:

Duly noted. You find nothing that draws your attention to the presence of your brother, as you move from the Temple of Rovagug, to the surrounds of the Brazen Tower to the east.

Amiamble:

Vardishal speaks up, finally, if only briefly.

Davashuum is close. Peace is at hand. End him. Find him, and end him.

As you enter the clearing, Nefeshti is alerted to your arrival by several of jann nearest you. She bids you approach her, which moves you away from the Brazen Tower a little more.

"It is good to see you. All are well? We have had our share of success, and what forces of Davashuum were unable to evacuate the town have now retreated into the Tower." She points to the doors set in the northern face of the Brazen Tower on the ground floor. "We've slayed a good number of Davashuum's jann, and I understand you must have confronted the gathering of gnolls near the Temple?"

"What can you tell us of your engagements with the enemy?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Not sure the map has changed for me. Can anyone confirm? Still see the temple battle with the priests.

Ami moves over to Aldebert.

”Brother! Yeen has spoken to me...not Yeen, but the other Yeen, Vardishal...” Ami has a weird fervent look in his eyes. ”Brother, Vardishal knows Davashuum is close. Very close. We should go git him and tear this throat out.”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

I see a new map now. Check again brother and see if a refresh and time does the trick.

Aldebert nods at Mahdi's concern and switches belts and puts his old one in the party kitty for now as no one else seems to want it either. His wings eventually disappear and he sits a little heavier in Gretiem's saddle as they move on. He also uses a pearl of power to replenish his Mirror Image spell.

When Amiamble speaks fo Vardishal he nods, "Soon, perhaps even today if we're lucky. There's still an army between us and Nefeshti may need further aid. But yes - that is the goal." he grins.

Later he reports, "Lord Nefeshti, we have accomplished our missions, and have a few survivors as well who need, well, rest mostly I think. I think Pent did what he could for them now, but they'll need some quiet time to come to grips with what the gnolls did to them, and their brethren."

He goes on the fill Nefeshti in on what they've done, and the various strength of the enemy they fought. "We've still got some strength I think - enough for one or two tough fights yet. Mahdi how are you doing? Still have some juice?"


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Zenzirad is still thirsting for more than gnoll." the dwarf adds though unasked.

"I am still good to fight."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Good man Otah. I knew you'd be ready to fight, as I suspect is my brother. Pent, what about you too?" he adds, realizing Pent has cast quite a few things as well.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble smiles, his bloodthirst only mostly slacked by the piles of dead gnolls that lay strewn around the Temple.

"Brother, do you know the old Garundi adage? Do you brother? MAAAH-deee, do you know it?" Amiamble smiles from under his face scarf.

"It goes like this, What do you call the entrails of a 1000 gnolls spread across a battlefield?" Ami asks the question, looks to everyone for an answer. He looks and looks, waiting to see who might know the answer.

"A GOOD START!!" Ami giggles and giggles because he is hilarious and ready to fight more. More gnolls and gnoll allies need to die this day, and Davashuum too. He definitely needs to die.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent keeps the Carpet to a slow roll, allowing the listless priests to lay prostrate, and enjoy the slightly purer outdoors air that still smells of gnoll and jann blood and smoke. When he lays eyes on Nefeshti, he heartens heartily, and beelines towards the djinn princess to hear what she has to say.

Aldebert wrote:
"Pent, what about you too?"

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment, Prayer
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)
Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path

The gnome looks over the side of the Carpet, tucking away a cloth he just used to wipe the brow of one of the acolytes. "Well, my fight is dwindled significantly, but I do have my healing magics and restoratives at the ready." He looks up at the Tower.

"How bad can it get? That postern gate collapsed quickly with our strike. The Tower's got a couple more floors than that, and those inside are sure to expect us knocking at their doors. Given Nefeshti's army is sitting just outside the building, our backs are covered, at least."

The gnome goes back to his charges for now, and waits to hear their direction take form.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Aldebert wrote:
"Lady Nefeshti, we have accomplished our missions, and have a few survivors as well who need, well, rest mostly I think. I think Pent did what he could for them now, but they'll need some quiet time to come to grips with what the gnolls did to them, and their brethren. We've still got some strength I think - enough for one or two tough fights yet."
Otah wrote:
""I am still good to fight."

Nefeshti hears a consensus forming among you, and she nods firmly, while looking up at the Brazen Tower.

"This day has been an auspicious one. I suspected powerful magics would surround Davashuum, coward that he is. And I was right. We tested the Tower for weak points of entry, and found that none of the jann were able to work their way inside by the ethereal plane. The front doors are also strongly warded, and have kept us at bay. For now."

The djinni princess turns from the Tower to address you directly.

"For this assault, I have little doubt that Jhavhul knows that we are here, that I am here, and that we have begun the resistance. I am committed, and will see this through. For your part in this, I offer you my daily allotment of Wishes. I have three each day, and they are yours to use, as you see best fit, should you continue to ally with me." She looks at each of you, before continuing.

"There is something you should understand- this region has become... distorted, from Jhavhul's madness, for his use of Wishcraft to see his desires fulfilled. As such, there are warps in reality that can manifest in the immediate area, should we be unlucky in our application of the potent magic craftings. The odds are definitely in our favor, of course, otherwise, I wouldn't offer them to you. I just want you to know what we face here."

"If you would take my counsel, I will offer it. I would prefer to use these Wishes to duplicate existing spells. You might choose to keep them in reserve for healing and recovering from afflictions, petrification, death, or other conditions. That, to me, is a wise move. I will also agree to use Wishes to create permanent spell effects for you, using one Wish to duplicate the spell effect and another to duplicate a permanency spell. Granted, that will leave me with only one more Wish on that day. Lastly, I can also steel you, individually, as Wishes can be used to enhance, say, your strength, or your speed, or your mind."

She lets this new information sink in.

"If you care to try your hand at the doors of the Tower, have at it, or I can use one of the Wishes today to open them for you. You are more than welcome to rest here for a moment, before beginning the Siege of the Brazen Tower."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at Nefeshti with open jaw behind his facial scarf.

”I could have a wish? Could I wish all the gnolls dead? That would be a good wish, wouldn’t it, Brother? Or can we wish that the protections on this building were to go away, so that we can all enter and slay Davashuum? These are all good ideas, I think.”

Yes, I see the new map now. Pondering wish options. Ami doesn’t need anything for himself or his cat, if others want to do something.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is stunned a bit by the offer, and is slow to respond. He speaks first to his brother, more comfortable ground, "I think that's a bit too much, even for a wish brother. And I'm not sure it would be right. There may well be good gnolls out there, as crazy as it sounds. It is possible."

"Nefeshti, that is quite a generous offer, and one I feel we will take you up on. Perhaps, unless someone has any ideas now," he turns to the group for suggestions, apparently having none of his own as yet, "we may use a wish to open the tower, and reserve the other two for what might befall us within."

"Ah, if we return victorious and do not require the wishes to correct unpleasantness, may we then use them as we will? I do not with to seem greedy, but the offer of a wish is a precious thing, and I do not desire to waste it in any way."

If Mahdi is in, Aldebert wants to take that tower today.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf stands still, stunned at the offer of a wish. He playfully ponders how fantastic a wished-for beard would replenish his unkempt, frayed, and charred facial hair.

"Not turning to stone sounds good. Can we wish for a pre-emptive 'not be turned into anything else'?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent waves over a couple of janni, and bids them help him deboard the acolytes from the Carpet, having chosen a place between the buildings nearby. "Careful, these fellas seen dark things, and Sarah's Light is much, much needed now. I only ask that you keep one eye on them, while your other eye stays on the Tower. When I return from our attack, I'll take over their care again, alright? Alright."

Nefeshti wrote:
"For your part in this, I offer you my daily allotment of Wishes. I have three each day, and they are yours to use, as you see best fit, should you continue to ally with me."

Pent perks up to hear that the djinni is proffering prodigious power. "Auspicious is right. There was a great Marid princess. Her name was Shazathared. Still is her name, of course. She's not dead, only part of our recent past, hence the past participle expressions I've been using. She gave our Aldebert's lizard a sharper mind through the power of a Wish, so that it could talk more or less sensibly to the halfling humping it. Not sure that was the best idea, as it seems to me you'd have to wish the creature to become more self-aware, and in doing so, it would understand the vast chasm socio-economically it's mired in, you know? The gecko has to sleep in a stable, while the half sleeps in a manor. The gecko gets all harnessed up, while the half has no clue about sadomasochistic roleplay, as he leads a very Abadarian abstinence. That's all very oogy, I know, but it speaks to the question brewing in my brain- can Wishes undo earlier Wishes?" The gnome waits patiently for an explanation on the first matter, before continuing.

"Now, if you're offering your Wishes each day, is it first-come, first-serve? I'm quite the early riser, and there are many things I find myself wishing for, so this could become a problem, if you're spent by the time my companions come calling. Are you leaving it to us to arbitrate the dispensation of the Wishes? Do you judge us based on the eloquence with which we word the Wish, before granting it? Can we proofread for each other? Otah's likely to screw things up, as he's a dwarf of few words, and can't be expected to elaborate with the precision I'd think you'd need to see his Wish fulfilled. I'd be happy to sit down with him, and parse out his stunted vocabulary to bring out his inner poet."

The gnome continues to fire on all cylinders, but understands the need for swiftness in striking at the Brazen Tower, so stifles further ruminations regarding Wishcraft, for now. He feels very confident that they'll survive many subsequent days, so will have plenty of pluck at Nefeshti's powerful gifts.

"Alright, let's see what the inside of that Tower looks like."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Aldebert wrote:
"Nefeshti, that is quite a generous offer, and one I feel we will take you up on. Perhaps, unless someone has any ideas now. We may use a wish to open the tower, and reserve the other two for what might befall us within. Ah, if we return victorious and do not require the wishes to correct unpleasantness, may we then use them as we will? I do not with to seem greedy, but the offer of a wish is a precious thing, and I do not desire to waste it in any way."

Nefeshti smiles down on the halfling warrior. "I offered you my Wishes, and you are wise to accept them here. There is no unseemliness, as I see it. You may certainly request them, when you feel ready."

Otah wrote:
"Not turning to stone sounds good. Can we wish for a pre-emptive 'not be turned into anything else'?"

The djinni princess turns to hear out the dwarf's question. "There are powerful spells my Wishes can effect, that might ward you against certain attacks. Protection against Spells. Death Ward. Mind Blank. Contingency, though it will require the use of two of my Wishes, I believe. Perhaps it might be best to see what your affliction is first? I am open to your suggestions, of course."

Nefeshti is initially receptive to the gnome's inquiries, though it does not last long. Not with the sounds of battle still echoing through the streets of Kelmarane. "Undoing Wishes would be one of my greatest desires here, master Pent. We would be a greater threat to Jhavhul if we could simply undo his Wishes with our own. You would have to understand the full truth of the Wish, and speak from a pure heart to undo what should only be a corrupted Wish. You also need to learn how to be more precise and short-winded when speaking your Wish, otherwise you subject yourself needlessly to risk."

Her eyes roll fully a couple of times as Pent continues his barrage. "Given your questions, I'll presume you'll all come to me as a group, when you're ready to request your Wishes." She looks to the non-gnomes of the party for further questions. Her demeanor suggests an eagerness to see the front doors of the Brazen Tower breached as soon as possible.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi gazes at the doors of the tower distantly. "What if we wished certain companions of ours, held by the enemy, brought here to us? Would that be one wish per captive, or could it be done more efficiently?" he asks softly.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

LOL@Pent ripping Alde a new one through Get'him's awakening.

Ami waits to hear answers to Mahdi's questions, but still thinks using wishes to penetrate the magics would be a keen use of the first wish unless...

"Maaahh-DEEE, can you penetrate the magics there? What do we need to get in? Maybe Yeen and I can break through!?" Ami asks, not understanding the barriers to entry. If it's just a sign that says that you must be *this* tall to enter, Ami is going to be pissed.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert listens to Pent’s general ramblings with one ear as usual, but it grows on him that he’s the object of attention. He listens more carefully, and replies levelly, ”Gretiem is a noble steed there Pent. And I’ll not have you casting questions about our relationship. If anything he’s quite taciturn, aren’t you Gretiem.”

Gretiem looks back at him, and licks his eyeball, saying nothing in particular - but looking comfortable enough.

”There, you see? No problems. He is what he is, a lizard. And though he’s more intelligent, thanks to the grace of god, and more communicative, he is not some downtrodden creature in need of being saved. Abadar has sent him to me, and he would not send him with such a burden.”

He turns to Nefeshti when she is finished speaking, ”Yes, we’ll join you as a group, and now, as a group, let us take that tower!”

Aldebert is ready to head back out on the battlefield to storm the tower, when Mahdi interjects with a question of his own. HIs thoughts immediately stray to Haleen, and he wonders at the answer to the question. Perhaps all their wishes will be used this day.

He holds his ground and awaits Nefeshti.

(How long has it been since we started more or less? An hour maybe? Just checking for some spells. Many of mine have 1hr/lvl durations, but some have 10m/lvl and those require more close attention. I presume we’re still good, but wanted to confirm.)


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Mahdi wrote:
"What if we wished certain companions of ours, held by the enemy, brought here to us? Would that be one wish per captive, or could it be done more efficiently?"

Nefeshti considers Mahdi's inquiry. "You've lost someone. I am sorry this has happened to you. I can certainly try this for you. I imagine that a single Wish would enable you to summon your companion to your home. It will strain the magical weave of this region. It will not be without risk, but we risk much at every turn in this battle. If you're hoping to bring an ally into our battle, I won't object to the attempt."

Nefeshti is quite wise, and is burdened with a GM who might not see a craftier way here- I'm looking at an enhanced Refuge, a non-sorcerer/wizard 7th level spell.

Mahdi:

Mahdi's only Scryed Hazim, and hasn't detected him by the Locate Creature casting, yet. I'm thinking that a second Wish to secure his exact location (Discern Location) will eliminate the risk suggested by Nefeshti, if she reaches a little beyond the definition of Refuge.

Aldebert wrote:
"Yes, we’ll join you as a group, and now, as a group, let us take that tower!”

Nefeshti nods to the noble halfling, and looks to Mahdi and Amiamble. "I'm ready to open the doors, by today's First Wish. Unless you want to try your strength against them first."

The doors are magically-treated brass, and Mahdi will find them Arcane Locked.

Spellcraft DC 35:

The Brazen Tower is a Major Artifact. It is warded by a constant Mage's Private Sanctum and Dimensional Lock, hampering teleportation and ethereal travel within the Tower. Trying to effect these magics can be successful with a DC 25 Caster Level Check. It is also an Instant Fortress, commanded by its possessor only.

The ceilings in the main tower are 20' high, while the flanking towers are 10' high.

Let's say that an hour and a half has passed, for all four missions, and the brief interludes with captured efreeti and freed acolytes.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Aldebert wrote:
"Gretiem is a noble steed there Pent. And I’ll not have you casting questions about our relationship. If anything he’s quite taciturn, aren’t you Gretiem. There, you see? No problems. He is what he is, a lizard. And though he’s more intelligent, thanks to the grace of god, and more communicative, he is not some downtrodden creature in need of being saved. Abadar has sent him to me, and he would not send him with such a burden.”

Pent perks an eyebrow as the half speaks up. "Oh, I know your gecko is heaven sent, and at your beck and call, courtesy of Abbie. I was just chewing the Chicken Predicament. If you skew the acumen of the albumen beyond its goddess-given yolk, then you've got yourself a thinking chicken, who might just understand its egg-producing position, where each and every lay of egg is an externally-imposed selfless gesture to the fowl owner. Heck and peck, you might even have to negotiate a laying wage to keep the hen content. To each, his cheep. No disrespect intended. You too, Aldi."

The gnome leaves the quiet question from Mahdi to be answered, then either acted upon, or absorbed for further contemplation, before further action is taken.

Pent readies for the breach, giving the acolytes a good looking over, before taking to Carpet, and making small circles in the open space before the doors of the Tower.

"If we're gonna act, let's strike swift."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble's face scrunches up.

"Are you saying that we can take a full rest? It might do some of us good," Ami casts a side eye at Mahdi, and remembers the powerful magics offered in the previous battles.

"Gnome, do you have magics to offer? I can take up some of the slack, and though I do not understand why, Sarenrae favors you with blessings beyond mine. Can you fight more?" Ami asks.

He looks at his brother.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40

Mahdi falls silent, studying the door, eyes hooded and thin arms crossed for several minutes. Eventually he says:

"I cannot force the entrance with my own spells, and we have no weapons among us that would dent that brass. It is possible we might eventually force a way in, but I cannot see it coming swiftly. Personally I feel time is of the essence."

Mahdi unfolds his arms, and looks first at the halflings, and then at Pent.

"Your sister is held by them... somewhere. And your-- wives, I suppose, I have no idea what number you were up to. And my brother, as well. If we are not going to use wishes to rescue them all-- and I do not think it wise that we do so-- then we must be prepared for the chance they will be leveraged against us. Mentally and emotionally prepared, I mean. If Davashuum grasps that any of them mean something to us, I don't doubt he will use a threat to their lives to attempt to coerce us. We should be ready to do what needs to be done, regardless," Mahdi says with his voice as flat as the adamantine walls of the tower before them.

"We will accept a wish to breach the tower, Lady Nefeshti. With thanks. I have enough spells left to me to get on with it."

(Sorry for the slowness! I was wracking my brain for other ways to get into an I.F. Ah well. I'm open to other group knowledge on what we should do with the wishes-- it's fine holding htem in reserve.

"A warning-- once we're in that tower, we won't be able to just teleport out. We'll have to fight our way back to the exit if things go poorly."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is ready to go. "The wish then. Let us go without delay! If we have to fight our way out, then let us leave nothing evil standing in our wake."

He's eager to get the party moving again, and ride into further battle.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami checks the spells on Yeen and himself, figuring they don’t need to be renewed yet. He will cast a spell or two before entering, maybe, but he is ready to follow his brother.

”Davashuum dies this day or I do,” Ami smiles at the thought.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Ignorance has never hindered you when it mattered, Amiamble Piddlespot. As I've said, I've got plenty of Sarah's energy to see any of us healed or pulled from Death's Door, just not so much of Her energy to attack or punish what lies within that Tower. I expect you halfs will muster the martial might, as well as our trusty dwarf dervish."

Pent turns to the Princess, and watches the djinni bring about their first djinni Wish.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Nefeshti commands half her jann to remain in her immediate area, while she bolsters the grounds of the Brazen Tower with a half dozen, should the fight spill out from the doors.

When she's satisfied, she turns to Mahdi, and asks him to speak his first words of Wishcraft. The fire mage speaks confidently, and articulately, his words far sparser than the gnome's, and the Scourge feels the hairs of their forearms stand on end. A split second later, the doors of the Brazen Tower are heard to ping in metal chord, and swing open to all standing before it.

From your vantage, you are the first to lay eyes on the First Floor of the Brazen Tower. The double doors open onto a circular brass chamber whose walls rise to form a dome twenty-five feet above. A sloping ramp leads down from the doors to the bronze floor five feet below. The room’s floor and walls are bare, but the walls are engraved with stylized flames and scenes of a cityscape that wrap around the entire room. Above, the dome is carved with cavorting genies and other fiery creatures. The floor, walls, and dome are all polished to a mirror-like sheen, scattering the light of a large burning brazier that stands in the center of the room directly beneath a hole in the apex of the dome. Against the far wall, a gleaming ramp of bronze curves clockwise out of sight below the floor, while a second ramp curves upward in a counterclockwise direction.

In the middle of the chamber stand two, magnificent fire dragons, who both swirl and flicker as the doors open unexpectantly. They maintain their positions, and do not advance to meet you at the entrance.

Knowledge(Planes) DC 21:

These two fire dragons are in fact Elder Fire Elementals with an intimidating form. Neutral Huge Outsiders.

1 question for every 5 above 21

Nefeshti doesn't immediately order her jann into the Tower, either. The anticipation of conflict rests solely upon your shoulders.

Roll20 Map has been updated.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert hesitates to see if Mahdi wants to speak to them, or Pent provide some elemental protection. He anticipates the former, but not the latter, and steels himself to that particular pain that fire brings.

He does however move up to the doors, but does not yet cross the threshold. If the elementals begin to react as he closes, he'll stop earlier so as not to begin hostilities right away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Planar Know how: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40 I'll just assume I know all the knowings about elder fire ellies…?

Mahdi pauses, head cocked, to see the blazing draconians, then smiles slightly. He murmurs a few words, touches lightly the shoulder of each of his colleagues. Communal protection from fire, 120 points' worth, 20 minute duration, on all party members and their mounts; Mahdi will put the remaining ten minutes on himself

In the snapping and rolling tongue of fire, Mahdi does indeed speak to the elementals.

"Greetings, by the blaze of Ymeri. Are you appointed here as guards? My companions and I must enter, but we would prefer not to fight with you, have you any free will on the matter. Of course, if you are bound enslaved to Davashhuum's command, well..." the mage shrugs slightly.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The fire dragons look at each other for a moment, before the one on the left turns to the entrance, and answers the fire mage. "You are neither Jhavhul, nor Davashuum, but the doors open for you. And you speak our language, here in this strange land. Are you here to witness the Great Eruption? It will be a glorious thing. Yes, we have been hired to guard this chamber of the Tower. And so we shall, until the land bursts with flame. You are forbidden to enter."

Either gnome or mage translate for all to understand, while the fiery tongue of Ignan is used for the engagement.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"And when this Great Eruption has consumed all, what will be left to burn?" Mahdi counters. "While it is the most perfect of all elements, fire cannot exist without fuel: starve a flame of air, and it will die. If this world is swallowed up in flame, what will be left ultimately will not BE flame, but cold, dead ash."

Mahdi knows the philosophical argument, such as it is, is moot. If they are bound elementals, then they can no more be argued from their posts than his own summoned creatures could disobey him. But still...

In Common, he says casually to the others: "They're posted guards, and they won't let us go further. It's regrettable but the simple solution is likely the obvious one. Be ready for battle, though I will try once more to avoid it."

He returns to Ignan...

"As you've said, this plane is strange. It isn't yours; I have been to your home, and it is magnificent. I would think you'd rather be there. Once, what seems a lifetime ago, I helped two youngling fire elementals return home... Are you free to leave? How are you bound as guardians? I would much rather help you go home than have an... argument. Can you not let us pass, and return to a place more hospitable to your natures?"

Attempted if futile diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Yeah, that's gonna be pretty futile.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami waits to hear the results of Mahdi’s diplomacy. While he does, he checks to see that Yeen also has some additional protections from fire (resist energy). He sits invisibly upon the cat’s back, ready to guide the cat to action.

We do not wish to harm them.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent enjoys the conversation, a proper exchange of words, and hopes Mahdi will see them safely inside, without the needless animosity. At least, for the First Floor. He's quite sure that Davashuum will prove quite the blood-gorged tick elsewhere in the Tower. For now, speaking Ignan with elementals is a welcome juxtaposition against the epic bloodshed already instigated.

The gnome wrinkles his nose, as the fire mage speaks with less eloquence than he'd like, but the words flow, and the fire elementals remain docile in their domicile. For now.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

"We agreed to serve Jhavhul, so we may witness his Becoming. You speak to us as if we are chained dogs only seeking release from capture. You insult us. You are obviously enemies breaching the Tower. We would be derelict of our duty here to let you pass."

The jann standing by look you all over, taking in the translations offered by Mahdi and Pent, all of them watching to see what metal you're made of.

The fire dragons shift into a defensive posture, and await your advance. They no longer speak words of dissuasion, only crackle with ancient fire. Readied Actions

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Elder Ellies: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Round 1
Elders- 28
Mahdi- 21
Amiamble- 13
Pent- 10
Aldebert- 7
Otah- 6

The Party is up!

Party Buffs
Communal Protection from Fire (120 points)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi sighs. "No, we're fighting," he says in Common, and produces a scroll from his sleeve-pockets in order to read it.

Haste, from scroll, duration 5 rounds, on Otah, Yeen, Gretiem, Aldebert, and Ami. Unless I get attacked and lose the spell due to whatever those readied actions are :P

"Suit yourselves. Be prepared to be put down like dogs then."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf's head pivots on his neck as the words flow back and forth between the mage and the fire elementals.

"Sorry to put down your flame friends heat wizard."

Lifting Zenzirad high, his hasted dwarven legs drive into the room to engage the northern fire dragon.

Ice crackles around the blade of his glaive as it slices forward into flame.

Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Lunge: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 2 + 3 = 38 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 2 + 3 = 19 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Reminder, Otah also has Resist-Fire 30.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Oh true, forgot about your fire resist. In that case, more duration on everyone else. 20 minutes on self, 20 on everyone else, 30 on 1d5 ⇒ 4.... Yeen.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 13

Ami’s eyes widen as he gets closer to the fiery creatures.

They are huge!

He moves in to support Otah, leashing a stream of cold ice shards at the top bonfire.

Cold Ice Strike:13d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6, 2, 4, 3, 3) = 45 cold damage, DC 22 reflex for half.

Ami and Yeen take total defense after moving. +4 to the ACs below.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27+1 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+1+4 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, + haste + dispel evil)
HP: Ami: 99/99-49+ temp; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 7

Aldebert Status:
HP: 121/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included) (+1 haste, -2 charge not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (120hp, 20m), Hasted (1/5r)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (120hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

To protect the back-line, Aldebert will charge the elemental to the south, leaving the other to his brother and the ever-capable Otah. He almost certainly provokes as he closes.

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 4 = 26 (feast, haste, charge) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 3 = 33 (feast, charge) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Siege of the Brazen Tower begins.

Entering the First Floor through the Wish-opened doors, the fire dragons do not hesitate to act against the intruders, weighed to be unworthy of entrance. They wait long enough for Amiamble to have his say, first.

Reflex Save v DC 22: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Reflex Save v DC 22: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27

The opportunistic attacks launch at, well, everyone who enters the Tower, save the feral halfling, who keeps a respectable distance from the pair.

Slam Attack oO, O: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (1, 8) + 8 + (3, 7) = 27 damage, including Fire

Slam Attack oO, Al: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 + (5, 1) = 23 damage, including Fire

The readied attacks follow, in concert.

Slam Attack, O: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (2, 7) + 8 + (8, 8) = 33 damage, including Fire

Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (8, 7) + 8 + (2, 9) = 34 damage, including Fire

Otah takes his strikes with grace, sloughing off any fire damage, and dealing with the blunt force trauma doled out by an ancient creature of fire. Aldebert takes only one of the two attempted slams.

Pent to finish Round 1!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Delay to Init 5

Status:

AC = 16, MV
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Magic Vestment

Pent keeps a healthy distance himself, not entering the Tower until he's good and certain there is no initial threat remaining, while the jann and the princess look onward.

When Mahdi spreads his lovely speed, Pent sqauwks predictably. "Aaaawwww come on now..."

The gnome decides that once they're in, they're in. There will be close quarters, and a greater chance of being targeted himself, as a holy gnome, so Pent casts some more protective magic upon his own spindly frame.

Cast Magic Vestment

"Never sparred with a bonfire that big before. Watch your beard, Odie! Watch your back, Aldi!"

Pent turns back to Nefeshti for a quick question. "Hey, how long will those doors remain open, exactly? I'd hate to see another Wish spent today just to reopen them, should we get bogged down by its denizens."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi brings a quickness to his minions. Amiamble reverse burns the top fire dragon, though it agilely maneuver away from a goodly portion of the ice storm. Ah, it's a line- so only one of my burny boys needed a roll...

Aldebert introduces himself to Thing 2, both he and Gretiem managing to hit the broad side of the burn, though their swats are far less effective than they'd like. DR is afoot.

Otah brings Zenzirad into the fray, and Thing 1 feels a goodly thump in its breast. Pent decides to apply some paper mache to his felt cloth.

Alright, let's deal with the Elementals' Burn. Otah, no worries, you're Resistant to a fault. Aldebert, looks like you have one Reflex Save DC 22 or Burn for 1d4 ⇒ 1 round from the first Slam, 2d10 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 points of Fire Damage, as well as another Reflex Save DC 22 for Gretiem for striking successfully with a natural weapon, 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds, 2d10 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11 points of Fire Damage on the first round. Whew. Just, uh, make the Saves. Please.

Pent wrote:
"Hey, how long will those doors remain open, exactly? I'd hate to see another Wish spent today just to reopen them, should we get bogged down by its denizens."

Nefeshti calls back. "You have ten minutes, give or take."

Round 2
Mahdi- 21
Amiamble- 13
Thing 1- 8 (-57hp)
Aldebert- 7 (-23hp, -11hp Fire, Reflex Saves)
Thing 2- 7- (-11hp)
Otah- 6 (-34hp)
Pent- 5

Mahdi and Amiamble are up! Thing 1 is Red, Thing 2 is Orange.

Party Buffs
Communal Protection from Fire (120 points)
Haste on the Fighters (4 Rounds)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

On a work computer right now and Roll20 won't load for me, but that's okay, I think I'll just start a summon monster v. So full round casting


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 13

Ami spins his ring to turn invisible again, uncertain that it will help against these bonfires. He and Yeen quickly move to flank, able to strike only once after moving. Provoking via Yeen, mobility so +4 to AC = 42.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 1 + 2 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast,+flank)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27+1 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+1+4 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, + haste + dispel evil)
HP: Ami: 99/99-49+ temp; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Slam AoO, Y: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (7, 6) + 8 + (10, 4) = 35 damage, including Fire So close...

Thing 1 almost connects with the flying furry. It decides that a couple of further attempts are merited, but finds nothing but air for the second and third slams.

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 + (6, 10) = 28 damage, including Fire

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 for 2d8 + 8 + 2d10 ⇒ (8, 2) + 8 + (4, 9) = 31 damage, including Fire

Aldebert is up!

10,251 to 10,300 of 10,971 << first < prev | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.