GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,101 to 10,150 of 10,957 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>

Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 8, Init 14

BoF to Yeen's attacks, Ami to defense.

Yeen rips and claws the grappled janni, doing extra with his rakes. Switching to yellow if it falls.

1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 37 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.
1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26 grab

Haste:
1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 34 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.

Rakes:
1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 30 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 32 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 25 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 44 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 9, Init 12

Status:

AC = 16, Hasted, BoF
HP = 59/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = BoF, Haste

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements[/b], Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment(x2), Prayer(x2)
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = [s]Heroes' Feast
, Wind Walk

Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path

For his royal spanking at the hand of Yellow, Pent considers a Sarahtar of his own, for the poetic justice of Sarah's own Scimitar cutting down the blasted janni. For the wounds in his side, blood he's not often witnessed, he decides he'd like to keep what he has, and refill his veins through Sarah's Stitches.

Channel Positive Energy, no no mofos: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 4, 1, 4) = 17
Chance of Emissions? Low's a go: 1d10 ⇒ 8

"I can only imagine a whole army of these rolling through Kelmarane from the start. I know I'm squishy, but I'm blessed by Sarah. I shudder to think what death came to town with these demons..."

The gnome stares daggers at Yellow, and by association, any janni captain that ever dreams of gnomes.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi stabs through the air at the two janni captains in the Minaret.

Reflex Save v DC 23, P: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Full Damage, 26
Reflex Save v DC 23, Y: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 No Damage

Pink collapses dead, going limp in Yeen's grapple.

Yellow demonstrates a lithe lean which completely absents himself from any damage from the sudden lightning strike indoors. Evasion for the win...

The feral pair works over Yellow, though not as robustly as Pink would have been. Taking Yeen's Rakes for Claws, and dropping the last two attacks.

Yellow also manages to evade Yeen's attempted embrace.

Otah's up!


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah hops off the table, thrusting forward at the jann attacking his castery-type friends and then pulling shaft backwards into the jann behind him.

Then he repeats the motion.

Lunge, BoF for +2 AC
YellowZenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, cover: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 = 29 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
RedZenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, cover: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 = 31 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
YellowZenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, cover: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 = 19 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
RedZenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, cover: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 - 2 = 28 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yellow is up 10', and around a single door, so Otah's desire to strike both Red and Yellow is a little, uh, difficult.

Otah's full barrage of attacks handily overwhelms Red as a singular opponent. The janni captain falls after the third and last strike!

Aldebert is up! The only janni captain remaining is Yellow, currently harrying Mahdi and Pent in the air 10'.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 9, Initiative: 2

Aldebert Status:
HP: 130/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Aldebert climbs into the air, or rather Gretiem does, as Aldebert hangs on and readies to strike when they arrive 10’ up at their destination. "Get off our wizard and priest!"

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 3 = 32 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 3 = 20 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi sends his regards along the line of a bolt of electricity, striking through Pink, while Yellow evades. Amiamble allows his Yeen to finish off Pink, slightly singed from the fire mage's stab. Pent cautiously heals himself and the bolt chucker. Otah makes clean work of the remaining Red in the room! Aldebert joins the squishies in the Minaret, placing a solid thrust into the janni captain's side, mid-air! Gretiem doesn't get his head around quickly enough to join his rider in the attack.

Yellow, in clear malice of the halfling's words, continues his assault on Pincushion Pent.

Scimitar, P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

Scimitar, P: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage

"Hail Davashuum. Hail Jhavhul." The janni captain readies himself.

Round 10
Pink Janni Cap- 26 (-56hp/grappled)
Yellow Janni Cap- 25 (-67hp)
Mahdi- 24 (-4hp)
Amiamble- 14 (grappled)
Pent- 12 (-77hp)
Otah- 6 (-10hp)
Red Janni Cap- 5
Blue Janni Cap- 4 (-93hp)
Aldebert- 2 (-28hp)
Green Janni Cap- 1 (-87hp)
Orange Janni Cap- 1- (-83hp)

The Party is up!

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 2 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 2 rounds
Ami Buffs


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 9, Init 14

BoF to Yeen's attacks, Ami to defense.

Yeen rips and claws the yellow janni, lunging as necessary. Ami twists his ring to turn invisible again...and fails. Oh yeah. Stupid magic.

1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 26 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.
1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 grab

Haste:
1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 32 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 39 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 39 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen mauls the last janni captain to its death, its inanimate form eventually slipping to the floor below, once the cat is certain it's squeezed the last ounce of life from the body.

The interior of the Watch Tower grows quiet, while the sounds of battle outside grow louder.

Immediate Combat is over.

Otah:

"We press on, no? There must be many such little holes in which Jhavhul's minions hide, and there is plenty of daylight..."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent waits for everyone to gather about, before bursting again.

Channel Positive Energy, no no mofos: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6) = 22

The gnome looks pleased that most of his companions' wounds knit shut, so tends to himself. "I'm not terribly impressed with close quarters. Too easy to ease up along side a greasy creature. There's little chance they fail to hit, even though my frame's little, and of little threat to the little bastards."

Wand, Cure Moderate Wounds, 5 Charges: 10d8 + 15 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 2, 3, 3, 6, 3, 3, 6) + 15 = 55

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment(x2), Prayer(x2)
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)

Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi shakes his head a little. "Tedious, and I'm glad they were dealt with as swiftly as they were. Thank you for the healing, Pent. Let's brace the door in case more might be coming, after that raised alarum. And check the captains for anything useful, before our next objective."

He does swoop lightly down to follow his own advice.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah surveys the damage with a nod. At Mahdi's suggestion, he grabs one of the chairs from the dining room to help prop against the doors... and then waits for trouble at them.

He spares a glance upward, "Are we sure there's no more trouble lurking above?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The thorough mind of Otah prompts him to bolt up the stairs, revealing the bell tower of the minaret, copper bell, and its copper clanger, hanging relatively still, now. With Amiamble's Invisibility Purge reaching to 60' heights, the dwarven sieger is sure that the Scourge is alone within the Watch Tower.

From his height, however, he finds a very different scene unfolding, within and without Kelmarane.

The truth of Nefeshti’s deception will have already been discovered, now that there are clashes at its fringes from Davashuum's first wave. But Davashuum’s forces are too spread out; Nefeshti’s smaller, more agile, and more organized group strikes with enough force to cause panic, forcing many gnolls to flee and the remaining army to fall back into the Lower City.

Through the intersection, scattered units of both jann and gnoll make their way into the Lower City to shore up the defenses. Much attention is being paid on the southeastern side of Kelmarane...

The ringing of the copper bell may have roused the occupational forces, but the Watch Tower itself isn't the focus of said activity. A single unit of jann, with a janni captain, debates posting a guard to the bridge just outside, but within moments, another call, further into the Lower Town is raised, and the unit mobilizes. There is lack of coordination here, and severing its link to the Watch Tower has possibly already started to have an effect.

Below, as Mahdi and others search the Watch Tower for assets, you are able to gather the gear of the janni captains, primarily. The valuables are found in one of the unopened closets, while the other has dry food goods able to feed 20 for a week.

Spoils:

7 +1 composite longbows (+4 Str) with 35 +1 fire arrows and 200 arrows
14 +1 daggers
7 Rings of Protection +1
7 sets of +1 studded leather
gems and art objects worth 3000 gp

How do you proceed?


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent waits patiently for folk to sort out the next steps, seeing as how he'd like to avoid being at the front of the spear, he haft to accept how easily he was hit last time.

"So, we headed north, to the Postern Gate? Do we run it? Or fog it? I kinda liked how easy it was to take down the first two Missions, under Sarah's Speed, and Mahdi's Momentum. So, counterclockwisin'?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Amiamble dismisses his Invisibility Purge, his own form fading from sight, after the party finishes with the Tower.

Ami looks out, wondering where it would be best to go next.

”Brother, there are gnolls that way! We should go kill them!” Ami points to any gnolls that he sees, keenly wanting to kill them. He listens to Pent’s suggestion only if there seem to be gnolls in the path, otherwise, it seems like not enough gnoll killing.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert grabs the lighter magical gear lest it fall in the hands of the enemy, but he does so with great haste. "Leave the armor, we've no time to get it off..."

He recalls the terrain between where they are and their next target (#3 on the map I think). "This hill can be rough. Might be we're better off going as clouds to the next target - or near it anyway - and solidifying. At least enough to get us past the water and onto dry land." he suggests.

(Whatever the fastest way to their next target is what he wants to do. Especially if there are gnolls there.)

"Come, people are dying here. Let's make sure it's the right people." He nods to Pent to open the doors when everyone is ready. (...unless they're going gaseous, in which case we should leave the gates barred and fly through the opening in the bell tower just to confuse the enemy and maybe delay them.)


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 91

On to Mission #3. Roll20 Map has been updated.

The Scourge assembles in the bell tower of the Minaret, looking down on jann and gnoll alike, frustrating the feral halfling as the collective takes to Mist, donning their whites first, and leaving the Watch Tower barricaded below, bodies of fallen jann left to rot in the confines.

It takes little to no time advancing to the north of the Upper Town, where a small postern gate that connects to the bluffs above the city sits. This gate has been newly rebuilt to protect the rear approach to the Upper Town. The gate itself is set into a 20-foot-high and 5-foot-thick crenelated wall. The tower to the southwest is 30 feet high with 5-foot-thick stone walls, with 15-foot ceilings and loopholes facing north and east on both floors. The smaller building to the northeast is 20 feet high. Both buildings are capped with battlements.

As you swirl unnoticed about the bluffs, you can take in more intelligence about the Postern Gate. The Gates are 10-foot-wide double iron doors, iron-barred on the inside. A walkway runs along the top of the gates between the stable roof to the northeast and a strong-looking wooden door on the southwestern tower’s second floor. The southwestern tower’s first floor has a strong wooden door in the southern wall. There is also a wooden trap door on both roofs.

Perception DC 30:

There is movement behind the arrow slits on the second floor of the southwestern tower.

How do you proceed?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

"I think they've seen us - I see movement behind the arrow slits! Quickly, let's land on the top of the Southwestern tower, solidify, and find our way through that trop door in the floor. Surely there must be a way - or we'll break it down if we must."

He looks to Mahdi for magical support, or Otah to just make it happen violently. Grinning at the thought, and once the party agrees, he'll fly fast to the roof and start the slow solidification process...

If you need some strength checks, Aldebert will assist Otah.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 (crowbar) to assist
Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22 (crowbar) to assist
Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15 (crowbar) to assist

Hrumph. I should have taken the lead with those lucky roles!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

During the passage over, Mahdi definitely casts see invisibility this time, annoyed at the jann having gotten in their shots before.

"If I have to I suppose I can cast through those arrow slits, but I agree, let's land on the roof and see if we can't find a way in for all of us."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 Perception

Ami and Yeen will poof after Aldebert, changing back as he changes. He is invisible, but ready to help his brother.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41

"The roof seems like a good place to start. Can't shoot arrows up and around, and there don't appear to be any jann walking the walk."

The gnome is almost tempted to fly by the arrow slits, for an even closer examination of the artillery and the faces of the opposition, but he takes to the roof quickly enough, remembering a scimitar in his side so recently. The very thought of it pains him.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Scourge slips from its misty forms, taking their place along the parapets of the Postern Gate. From this vantage, you can see your beloved Kelmarane, from Upper Town to Lower, to the southeast, where the battle rages on. Big swirls of desert sand obscure your sight every so often, but the thrust of the attack is laid bare, the longer you watch. Nefeshti's army presses against the town's outer perimeter now, and the fighting has taken to the streets, for the sound of it. You can even spy small guerilla strikes at the Lower Gate, as the djinni princess tests the town's defenses under Davashuum.

Brightest of them all stands the Brazen Tower. Its towering brass structure stands amid the ruins of the Battle Market. The huge edifice rises from the center of the market, as if its explosive growth from within had shattered the surrounding structure into rubble. The brass might not be the 'living' kind of Bayt al-Bazan, but its construction gives you sorts of familiar feelings of the City of Brass, for its ornateness.

This same vantage you now enjoy seems to be shared by the occupants of the Postern Gate, who utter unrecognizable words in Ignan of outrage and awe.

Ignan:

Those of you who understand Ignan can catch words of confusion, half-heard questions of whether to abandon, to join, to stay, to flee...

When Aldebert tries the trap door, he finds it unbarred, and easy enough to lift, even for halfling arms. Below, a set of spiral stairs, leading into the southwestern tower of the Postern Gate, and certain conflict with its denizens.

How do you proceed?

Roll20 map has been updated.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah spares a glance out over the walls as he transform from mist to solid and sturdy dwarven form.

Then he moves over to the halfling, intending to aid his attempt at opening the door. As Aldebert manages to open it before his arrival he continues past, entering the doorway and descending the staircase.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert quickly follows Otah through the door, knowing no Ignan. His blade is out and he feels ready for anything as he charges forward.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

With Air Walk, Ami and Yeen walk down after Aldebert. Ami is still invisible, the way he now likes to be.

No one can see me. This is good. Nonetheless, he keeps up the scarf covering his face.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Not the stealthiest of scourges, the Knights descend to the second floor of the southwestern tower, to the awaiting guard, in what appears to be a guard post. Arrow slits look towards the north, south, and east. The janni captains hold longbows, with scimitars on their hips. Joining them is a larger efreeti, falchion in hand.

"You raising a hand against Davashuum, eh? You surrender now, and we'll bring you in, let him decide your fate."

The surrounding janni captains adjust their postures, bows in hand.

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 14
E: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
J1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
J2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
J3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
J4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
J5: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
J6: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Round 1
Mahdi- 30
Orange- 29
Green- 27
Yellow- 25
Blue- 24
Red- 21
Aldebert- 15
Pent- 14
Purple- 12
Efreeti- 12-
Amiamble- 10
Otah- 5

Mahdi is up! The stairs are roughly defined on the map by the grey lines 'corridoring' you. In this moment, Mahdi is unable to see Otah for his descent down the spiral stairs. Aldebert is dealing with a hard corner from his current position on the stairs. Roll20 Map has been updated.

Current Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert/Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Ami Buffs


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

casting elemental body. Sorry short post. Stuck on phone


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi prepares himself on the stairs, while his fellow Knights find their way into the midst of riled up janni captains.

Otah is front and center for their agitation.

Orange takes two swipes of his scimitar.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage

Green moves forward, swinging once the intruder.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage

Yellow also moves forward, though he rises in the air 5' to take a position above Green.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

The lane preserved, Red and Blue target Otah with arrows, a volley of four seek out the dwarf's vitals in succession.

Longbow, O: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 18 - 4 = 15 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage
Longbow, O: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 4 = 21 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage

Longbow, O: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 18 - 4 = 27 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage

Longbow, O: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 4 = 13 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
damage

Aldebert and Pent are up!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Get in there, Aldebert! I can't get around the bend to see what we're looking at!"

Pent awaits the Pally's actions...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 15

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Mirror Image (1/10m, 7 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert quickly casts Mirror Image (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7) creating a multitude of Aldeberts before he and Gretiem charge into the room. As they’re already soaking Attacks of Opportunity, they’ll also climb 5’ into the air once they leave the steps.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 14

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent rounds the bend, and deliberates as to exactly how he's going to contribute to the skirmish at hand, with multi-level opponents and allies, the value of a strong defense in what must be numerous ranged and melee attacks incoming. When he spots the same scimitars that recently gouged his lower backside, the gnome's instinct kicks in, and he simply asks Sarah to light them up, as many as deifically possible. His request is answered by a massive pillar of flame that envelops four of the janni captains. He can even feel the heat radiating off his exposed cheeks, though he imagines it feels a bit warmer to Aldebert and Otah.

Flame Strike- 13d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 1, 6) = 44 combined fire and divine damage, Reflex Save DC 21 for half damage.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Reflex Save v DC 21, Y: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 34 damage, fire resistance 10
Reflex Save v DC 21, G: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 no damage (evasion)
Reflex Save v DC 21, O: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 no damage (evasion)
Reflex Save v DC 21, P: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 34 damage, fire resistance 10

Purple enters the fray, disappearing quickly while standing behind Orange, only to reappear above his comrade, and takes a swing at Otah from invisibility!

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 2 = 27 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (4, 6) = 24 damage

"Stop creeping on the stairs. Come in and make yourselves known." The efreeti points at the spine of the spiral stairs, and a cylindrical scald of heat erupts in your midst!

Spellcraft DC 19:

The efreeti has cast a Wall of Fire.

I know Mahdi's got Elemental Body up and running, presumably Fire, but he's not Immune ;) 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 fire damage to everyone except Aldebert. Passing through the Ring of Fire gets you another 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 2) + 11 = 19 points of fire damage.

Amiamble and Otah to finish Round 1, and Mahdi may begin Round 2 actions! Roll20 Map has been updated.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 10

Yeen resists the fire as Amiamble singes. He casts Resist Fire on himself and moves through the wall to support his brother.

BoF to Yeen's defense, Ami to defense. Moving under Aldebert.

Yeen rips and claws the blue.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 = 27 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.
1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36 grab

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah has a ring of fire resistance 30

I'm having a hard time visualizing the battle-map even with the aid of Roll20. Does Otah have a path to get past the Janni on the stairwell? (Go under Janni, or dive over the railing?)

If so...:
Otah will maneuver and take an attack against the closest foe.Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 23 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4

If not...:
Will attack the nearest foes at reach.
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 41 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 34 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 34 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 14 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

(Yes, Mahdi's stuck with fire elemental for that spell, since it's one of his domain spells. He'll cast it to only be medium sized, however. Resist fire 20 as a result, though.)

Mahdi's laughter rolls out from within the wall of fire, his own voice booming due to his fiery form. He steps forward, slightly, and mutters a spell before tapping Otah on the shoulder. Fly on Otah

"We've just come from the Plane of Fire. And you think to threaten us with a little more heat?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi shifts from human to elemental. The guards unleash an attack which would have been much more effective, had Sarah's Shield not continued to cover the dwarf.

Aldebert sets himself to the multiplicity of mirrors. The jann do their best to attack the halfling as he enters the room, though none of their swings land.

AoO Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
AoO Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
AoO Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage
AoO Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage

Pent ignites the interior, though only a couple of the janni captains feel the burn. Amiamble guides Yeen through the narrows, using the dwarf as shield to position himself below his brother. The great cat lands a solid bite on Blue, entering a grapple to ensure the janni's attention.

Otah remains just within the room, surrounded by a swarm of jann, so begins to cut a swathe through the opposition. Within three thrusts of Zenzirad, first Orange, then Purple, collapse under the painful blows.

Mahdi reaches down the stairs, and provides the dwarf the gift of flight, allowing him vertical maneuvering, should he so desire.

Green moves up to engage Otah, but fails to injure the dwarf.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage

Yellow does the same, attacking down on the dwarf, focusing fire.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage

Blue struggles to free himself, and fails miserably.
Break Grapple: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Red takes two shots at Aldebert, before backing off a little.

Longbow, Al: 1d20 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 18 - 4 = 21 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage
Longbow, Al: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 22 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage

Round 2
Mahdi- 30
Orange- 29 (-76hp)
Green- 27
Yellow- 25 (-34hp)
Blue- 24 (-11hp, Grappled)
Red- 21
Aldebert- 15
Pent- 14 (-7hp)
Purple- 12 (-69hp)
Efreeti- 12-
Amiamble- 10 (-7hp, Grappled)
Otah- 5 (-25hp)

Aldebert and Pent are up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Current Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert/Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Ami Buffs


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 15

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Mirror Image (1/10m, 7 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

To try to open up the room a little, and because he knows Yeen likes to play with his kills, he starts with Green and works his way to yellow if he’s so lucky as to drop it.

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 1 = 37 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 1 = 21 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 1 = 17 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 = 18 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17
critthreat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 5) + 8 = 19

A couple decent blows between them, but Aldebert feels the best of his swings were unlucky. Perhaps it's the close quarters.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 14

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 92/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent watches the flames erupt on all sides, back up the stairs even, to where he'd be much more likely to retreat, as the room is filled with blades, both friendly and foely. He takes a cue from Amiamble, asking Sarah to avoid the burn as much as possible. Cast Resist Energy(Fire)

The gnome then proceeds to tuck himself behind Mahdi, to allow the fire mage his chance at aggressive intercession. Move Action to climb 15' back up the stairs, still in flames.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti roars his contempt of everyone but himself in the room. He opens the door from reach, before turning to see Aldebert at eye-level, so opens fire on the thing that doesn't require any work- Gretiem the Unmirrored. "You fight with no honor, shifty halfling. Let your creature suffer for your hiding."

Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 4 = 29 for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 1) = 12 fire damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 4 = 23 for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 6) = 17 fire damage
Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 4 = 23 for 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1) = 16 fire damage
Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 4 = 27 for 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5, 2) = 12 fire damage

Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 4 = 15 for 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 6) = 20 fire damage
Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 = 17 for 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 5) = 11 fire damage
Ranged Touch Attack, G: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 4 = 11 for 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 3) = 16 fire damage

He brings up plenty of plumes, suggesting that one of the castings was done with lightning speed.

Amiamble and Otah to finish Round 2, and Mahdi can start Round 3!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

SR checks please (only SR 15, but still, Gretiem could get lucky), or he takes 88hp damage by my count, everything hitting but the last. The mighty Gretiem, Lord of the Green will remain standing either way.

...a bit.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 10

Ami cringes as Get'him is seared and seared again. He knows the lizard is important to his brother, and reaches up to cast Heal on the critter. +130 hp to Get'him.

"Don't worry, Brother, I am here," Ami says from invisibility, as if his brother didn't know exactly where he was.

Yeen rips and claws the blue, using his grapple to bring his back claws to rake flesh.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 2 = 37 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.
1d20 + 23 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 23 + 5 = 43 maintain grab

Rakes:
1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 1 = 31 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 1 = 32 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.

Regular claws:
1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 1 = 36 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 1 = 23 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

BoF attack:
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 2 = 40 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+11-7 temp; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*1,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 1/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Delaying until after Otah so I can see what the fight looks like at that point


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Ah, thanks for the reminder, Aldebert. The SR is certainly something to look for. For consistency, please keep the mechanics comments in blue.

Caster Level Check v SR 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Caster Level Check v SR 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Gretiem manages to avoid the better part of the flames, his very nature now raised to celestial heights!

Does Yeen get to confirm that BoF critical?

The battle rages, while Otah and Mahdi consider their next actions carefully...

Otah, then Mahdi to go!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Oh! Missed that. Thanks.

BoF attack crit?:
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 = 35 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Given the gift of heated air, the dwarf leaps from the stairwell. His flight takes him over the heads of the smaller foes if he can avoid the AOOs he will, otherwise mobility and lands on the ground opposite the table.

Zenzirad takes a strike at the large creature in the room.
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 23 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi swans through the wall of fire indifferently now that Otah's out of his way, and gazes at the room. He gestures and casts, his fingers currently made of fire itself.

Defensive cast glitterdust, can't fail DC; targeting the efreeti and red and blue; will save dc 20 or blind


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi shifts his work to giving the dwarf wings. Aldebert and his noble steed continue their warring ways, effecting two powerful strikes, but unable to overcome Green. Pent protects, and pulls back. Amiamble heals Gretiem, while Yeen slaughters Blue, both sides of Sarenrae's power made manifest. Otah takes two incoming attacks from Yellow and Green, before harrying the efreeti on the other side of the room.

Scimitar AoO, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage
Scimitar AoO, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage

Otah:

Steady now... that's a fair amount of pulse in your grip. You're losing blood...

Zen begins to sear closed several of the injuries in your side.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1) + 15 = 21

Mahdi decides to join the dwarf in threatening the efreeti, Red, and dead Blue with a flash of blinding glitter.

Will Save v DC 20, R: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Will Save v DC 20, E: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

An interesting turn of events, given Mahdi's menace. Red looks up at the newly-blinded efreeti thrashing a wrist at his eyes, looks at Blue, limp in the bloody maw of the cat, and he disappears! As he truly disappears, the fire mage, and possibly the wise among you, understand that the outsider has slipped the Material Plane.

Meanwhile, proud Green and Yellow both move towards the lone intruder threatening their leader.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage
Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage

The floor runs red with the generous bleeding of the leaping dwarf.

Round 3
Mahdi- 30
Orange- 29 (-76hp)
Green- 27 (-40hp)
Yellow- 25 (-34hp)
Blue- 24 (-95hp)
Aldebert- 15
Pent- 14 (-7hp)
Purple- 12 (-69hp)
Efreeti- 12- (Glittered, Blinded for the rest of his short life)
Amiamble- 10 (-7hp, Grappled)
Otah- 5 (-66hp)

Aldebert and Pent are up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Current Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert/Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Ami Buffs


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Round 3, Init 14

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 92/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Listening with preternatural sensitivity, through the roaring pillar of flame, and the clash of battle below, the gnome's ears perk up as he hears the steady arterial pulse of blood dripping to the floor in the southeast corner of the room. From his recollection, he deduces correctly that the chain of events has lead Otah into dire straits.

"Clear the room quickly! I'll get to you soon as you strip the scimitars from the insidious misters!!"

Gnome goes into Delay...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 15

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Mirror Image (1/10m, 7 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert 5’ steps, still in the air, and attacks down at yellow and green - starting with whomever appears most wounded, or green if it’s uncertain. I think I might get a +1 to hit for higher ground, but didn’t apply.

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 1 = 35 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 = 30 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
criththreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 = 33 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14

"Next time Otah, YOU get the mirror image!" Aldebert shouts as he swings, trying to carve his way to his bleeding friend.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Oh, did I say you could go?" Mahdi says with a haughteur as cold as his physical form is currently... hot... when he sees the red-skinned janni attempting to ditch this plane. The fire mage snaps his fingers once.

(Using my Steward of the Great Beyond ability as an immediate action to try and block Red's plane shift)

Caster level check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Opposed by the janni's CL check... who might need a 20 to succeed

(If Red succeeds:)

Mahdi looks briefly irritated as his attempt to interfere with the planar magics meets resistance, but simply turns his attention to the other janni.

(If Red fails:)

Mahdi smiles thinly, which, as his face is currently a mass of smoldering lava with burning white points for eyes, manifests as a line of curling smoke. "You had sense enough to attempt to flee, at least. Do you have sense enough to surrender? There is no need for you all to be slaughtered to a man."

10,101 to 10,150 of 10,957 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.