GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,151 to 10,200 of 10,952 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>

Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert's first two swings sees Green to the floor, bleeding out, while his third, mighty swing sets Gretiem up for the final death blow against Yellow, leaving the Scourge to stand alone with a blinded efreeti across the room.

Weighing the janni captain's ability vs. Mahdi's ability, it looks like we've got different schools of magic- Ethereal Jaunt leverages Transmutation, not Conjuration(Teleportation), so the yellow Red gets away, on a technicality. That being said...

Opposed Caster Level Check v DC 28: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Mahdi's words, meant for Red, echo strongly on the second floor of the southwestern tower of the Postern Gate, as the efreeti tries, and fails, to whisk his blinded self away.

Mahdi wrote:
"You had sense enough to attempt to flee, at least. Do you have sense enough to surrender? There is no need for you all to be slaughtered to a man."

"Stop!! I yield!! You are obviously a very powerful strike team!! I will even grant you my Wishes this very day, if you let me live!!" As part of the efreeti's recent attempted maneuver, he drops his falchion as sign of compliance with Mahdi's demand for surrender.

The party is up! No more janni captains for you, I'm afraid, just a lone, blind, unarmed efreeti.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

The sounds of surrender are music to the gnome's ears. Pent bolts back down the stairs, seeking out the steely dwarf, and slipping on his blood slicking the floor. "Hold still, Odie! I'll have you stitched up in a short time. Short dwarf, short fuse, you got the short end up your short hairs!!"

Move action to slip next to Otah, Move action to pull out the wand o' healing...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert momentarily gives Mahdi the eye, wishing to crush the skulls of his enemies. But he manages to control his blood-lust and holds his swing. He glares at the efreeti, "You will answer his questions truthfully, and quickly, or you'll feel the end of my blade."

He waits to see what Mahdi demands of this one, staying close enough to make good on his threat if need be.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yemen hold off, sparing the remaining efreeti. If it was a gnoll begging, Yeen would be tearing out a few neck veins. But at his brother’s (and gnome’s) insistence, he holds off.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"A sign of wisdom," Mahdi says lazily. "Where will your fled subordinates have gone? Reporting to Davashuum?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti continues to rub at his eyes, while answering Mahdi. "Yes, likely carried word to Davashuum..." The efreeti cocks his head, listening to the room, as he speaks.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent doesn't bother to insert himself into the conversation between fire mage and fire mange. Sounds like Mahdi's well in control. All the better that it's blind.

"Here we go, Odie."

Wand in hand, Pent begins to better the dwarf.

66hp of Heal:

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 3) + 3 = 14
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 8) + 3 = 15

That's of course up to the illustrious GM, should there be enough time to see the Wand waved about five times. Otherwise, please waive the waves that crest in excess of the time allotted...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"And where is Davashuum now? What will his response to this message be? If you don't want me to make a wish that binds you to go attack your commander yourself-- and earning whatever death he could inflict on you, which is undoubtedly going to be worse than whatever I might come up with-- then you might want to start being proactively forthcoming with the military intelligence that a 'strike team' might ask for. The disposition of the forces still here, for instance?"

OOCly I'm always somewhat stuck for questions in situations like this. It's fine if no other characters want to chime in, but if my fellow players have ideas for intel to learn, please feel free to suggest it.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Thanks." the dwarf clasps the gnome on the shoulder and remains still.

"What defenses has your commander prepared for our arrival? You're a spellcaster, what defensive spells does Davashuum keep up in a fight?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami nods at the questions that Mahdi and Otah ask. He is, despite his invisibility, unwilling to speak to others unless it is really necessary.

Just point us to Davashuum so we can rip his throat out.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert nods at the wisdom of Mahdi's questioning, despite some reticence on his part. Otah's too are excellent. preparatory queries.

He has one more, "Where are those you have captured kept? Will Davashuum kill them rather then let them be freed?" He wonders if they'll need to head there soon - if only to defend the innocent from slaughter. He also thinks of his sister, and hopes she is there, and faring as well as can be expected under the circumstances.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Yeah, those are reasonable questions you should answer, to up the chances that we allow you to live, while the answers you provide would most certainly poot your odds with your superiors, namely Davashuum. But don't think about the future, think about the present. Live in the moment, eh? I mean that literally."

Pent continues the dwarf's healing, given the quick moments still passing before their eyes.

"Like my associate suggests, we'd like to know about survivors. Those you didn't slaughter outright or scare out of town. We haven't seen a soul, other than janni, or gnoll, or retriever, or efreeti, I mean to say that they don't really have souls, for what they've, and you've, perpetrated on Kelmarane. The people of Kelmarane, where might they be, have gone?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti turns back and forth, waiting angrily for his vision to return, while being buffeted by aggressive questions from the Scourge.

"Davashuum coordinates from the Brazen Tower. Your presence here at the north watch will probably not surprise him, only let him know the immediacy of the assault. An abundance of gnolls camps out at the Temple, and Davashuum maintains his own guard within the Tower."

The efreeti continues to strain to see.

"Our numbers are our strength. Hundreds of gnolls, hundreds of janni. You'll break your back on our rock, it is only a matter of time. As for Davashuum, you'll find him a worthy adversary. He'll hardly need to prepare himself to deal with you. You won't last that long." The efreeti speaks proudly, but his words don't carry the air of exaggeration.

"The city's rabble are ours to use as we see fit. We have scattered kennels, and those who intrigue the visitors from the House of the Beast are taken back there. If you anger Davashuum, why shouldn't he slaughter your people? This land is meant for the strongest to survive. Your people were weak, easy to subdue..."

"What else would you know? Your task was successful here. Should we sit and wait out the battle, if you're to post yourselves here for the duration?"

The efreeti looks at each of you, his vision newly returned to him.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. We've broken your back here, and our winds will carry us to the Temple in town, to tear down the terrorists who took up tents like they're welcome, when they're not. I have no more questions for you, other than how you want to stay our of our way."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi's eyes have narrowed increasingly throughout the answers. Since he's still a fire elemental, this has the impression of glowing slits of bright coals.

"Oh... the land is made for the strongest to survive, is it?" he all but purrs. "Then by your own admission-- since you're weaker than us, and you've surrendered-- we really ought to kill you. Tell me more of these kennels. Where? How many? Are they underground? Entrances?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami finally has a question that must be asked before he can decide whether the prisoner lives or dies.

”Do you serve the Rough Beast? The Unmaker? Which god holds your heart?” Ami squeaks from invisibility.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti looks down on EleMahdi, not convinced. "My surrender means nothing if you have no honor. Anywhere you can cage a human, you'll find a kennel. There are places about the town, and the House of the Beast. I care little of their number. There is a difference between subjugation and slaughter."

The efreeti turns to Amiamble's general vicinity. "I serve Jhavhul, and by association, Davashuum." He turns back to the others.

"I have said enough. If you find it is not enough, then you have a decision to make with your prisoner of war."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"He's your prisoner." Aldebert says to Mahdi. "We should get him to the army so they can take care of him. We have things to do, and do quickly."

He's not happy about the situation. People may die because of their delay, and yet they've surely made better time so far than anyone would have hoped in their planning. And what's right is right.

"Let's go efreeti, and by all means, make a false move. You're more useful to me dead than alive, but we'll honor your surrender so long as you abide your new prisoner status. Let's move."

"Pent, see if you can gain a little altitude... maybe see where the closest allied units may be."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami waits to see what happens, happy to help his brother with the prisoner.

He and Yeen will walk 10’ behind (and 10’ up) the prisoner, ready to spring and attack.

”Yes, we have more gnolls to slay.”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The dwarf ponders the merits of leaving an unconscious efreet on the street.

Then he takes a position to the prisoner's right, escorting him towards allies.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi quirks a brow at Aldebert but merely nods. "Very well. Let's move before Davashuum responds. Efreet: you are indeed bound by your surrender. Perhaps your commander will negotiate for you." Mahdi's tone makes it clear he thinks this unlikely.

(Sorry for the quiet, wrestling with a work deadline)


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

From your vantage looking down on Kelmarane from the Postern Gate, you are all able to understand the dynamics of the next phase of the conflict between Davashuum's forces and Nefeshti's.

Your allies have moved into the Lower City in much greater numbers, a great chaotic frenzy ensuing between guerrilla forces hitting each other in several small scrums. There is almost no outlying contingent of Nefeshti's small army, every one of the jann being leveraged against the occupiers of Kelmarane.

With your captured efreeti, it seems unrealistic that Nefeshti would have the manpower to enforce a prisoner-of-war rule. The battles you're witnessing seem to reinforce this likelihood, as everyone appears to be fighting to the death.

The last of your Missions awaits. The gnoll forces are thrumming like a beehive, but they are not immediately bleeding into the Lower City to join the fight, they are digging in the surrounds of the Temple of Sarenrae. There are quite a few gnoll packs...

Roll20 Map has been updated. You would be able to see this, for the most part.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

”BROTHER! THERE!” Ami points to the gnoll packs, wide eyed and eager. ”We should go there! There are many gnolls that need to litter the ground with their entrails!”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"No brother. We have a prisoner, and if the army cannot take him, we must. I'm afraid we may be out of this fight." Aldebert says quietly.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

”F$@$ the prisoner,” Ami says very bluntly and surprises even him. ”I mean, we have gnolls to kill. We can’t stop fighting because we have one prisoner...would rather let it go than let these gnolls kill more. Let it go so we can go fight. It isn’t worth it.”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Brother one of the things that separates us from the gnolls, and other goons of that type, is that we have honor." he says patiently.

"But a compromise is surely in order. You go, lead the party, kill many gnolls. I shall stay here and guard the prisoner. I can do it easily enough I feel, and you're right, we should not shirk our other duties as a party."

He looks to the next target, "Go, go now, and kill many of the rough beasts followers this day!" he urges.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

”Just let the prisoner go! We don’t need to kill him or keep him!” Ami replies, wondering why his brother feels the need to keep the prisoner when it can just be let go.

He looks to see if everyone else agrees that they should stop fighting now that they have 1 prisoner.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"NO brother. I will not simply release a greater evil into the world so I can attack lesser evil. It is up to Nefeshti, our General in this matter, to decide what is to happen to this prisoner. I sincerely hope it is death, but it is not my call to make."

"We have accepted him as our prisoner, and so he shall remain until the proper authorities pass judgement. To release him now would be to put the heads of everyone he kills on my ledger, and I won't have that."

He stands firmly on his principles.

"But there are options. We do not all need to guard the prisoner, my skills are sufficient for that. The rest of you must continue with the plan. But know that I shall hold this tower, such as it is, should you need to fall back and regroup. You are strong however, so I do not believe it shall be necessary."

"I have nothing further to say on the matter. Go, go and kill gnolls in the Piddlespot name!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti prisoner looks on with interest. "Yes, go now, Piddlespot. Kill many gnolls. I'll keep your brother company, while you rejoin the battle." The efreeti looks expectantly at the next steps of your plan.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"You should probably stay out of their conversation, efreeti. For your own good, of course."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi's eyes narrow at the efreeti, and he turns to wheel on him. "You're the one who first spoke of honor, and that your surrender earns you some measure of protection. If we free you, will you swear by Ymeri's blazing name to return to the Plane of Fire as soon as you can, enacting no harm to any here on this plane between now and then, and to offer no further aid or service to Davashuum? And Aldebert, will you accept this if he swears it? As you just pointed out, he is 'my' prisoner, but now you seem invested in taking that charge for yourself. But efreet are known to keep their word, if nothing else, so this is a suiting compromise-- if all parties can take it."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti bows slightly. "I will indeed swear by Her Unending Fire. I have served my purpose here, in detaining you long enough for my janni to have returned to inform on you. You have my word- I will abandon this plane, here and now, as it is surely doomed already." It frowns for a moment. "That is, if you will allow me to do so."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Hearing that, Ami lurches into motion, eager to go kill gnolls.

”Come brother! The words ring true! Now is time to deliver Sarenrae’s judgement to the unworthy!!”


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert doesn't like it. He feels Nefeshti should have some say in the matter. But the creatures is Mahdi's prisoner, and his prior thralls have done well enough.

"Agreed." he nods to Mahdi.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Then let it be done. May we not meet again," Mahdi says crisply, and dismisses the efreet with a crisp nod.

"Let's go kill gnolls," he says, with a rare smile at Amiamble.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah keeps an eye on the battle as the halflings discuss the prisoner's fate. When the efreeti shows excitement at the thought of being left alone with Aldebert, the dwarf begins to rumble through his backpack looking for a suitable gag... but stops when it offers to leave the plane.

"Get out of here, flicker."

The dwarf gets ready to dart out the door and into trouble.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Well negotiated, Mahdi. The creature understood what was best for it, and it frees us to engage in our final thrust!" Pent heads up topside, looking down on Kelmarane, and Sarah's Temple, and lets his blood begin to boil, to bolster his bitterness against such blasphemy.

"Come on, now. We have more scouring to do."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The efreeti does indeed abandon the plane, with no resistance thrown in his face from the fire mage a second time. "May your efforts against Jhavhul come to nothing but the dust that is Kelmarane." Final words spoken, your prisoner is freed, your obligation dismissed for more pressing matters within the town.

The Temple awaits. How do you approach? From the lower lands behind the town, and the bridges you once used to sneak into the town so many months ago? Or from the air, dropping into their midst from your cloud forms? Or from the Lower City, where battle already rages?

How do you proceed?

I updated the Roll20 Map to include your tokens from the general direction from where you'd arrive, for planning purposes, if you needed.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

For the multitudes of mutts, Pent starts to fashion his own thoughts on their brigade. "I might as well summon someone else to join us in the assault, eh? I'm thinking either a big, ol' rhinoceros to run through the horde, or an azata to swoop down and savage them from above..."

Pent listens closely to the Scourge's main urges, before surging forward with his own.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert listens to the carefully thought out and elucidated ideas of his companions. He considers each plan carefully, weighing the pros and cons. At the end, he thinks hard a moment or two to make sure nothing has been left out.

”They’re gnolls. Let’s go.”

He rides out to meet them head on, sword held high and charging into the midst of them.

(As we haven’t been around much, I have no idea how much time has passed since the last battle. DM can I get a time-stamp?)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

"Yes, bring your allies, gnome! Let us bring the hordes of heaven to scatter these gnolls to the wind!" Amiamble moves up the nearest clump, airwalking higher (10' up), and calls another Flame Strike upon the near clump of gnolls.

13d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 5, 6, 4, 6, 4, 6, 5, 5, 6, 5) = 60 fire/divine, Reflex DC 21 for half

Marked point on map.

"Burn gnolls! Burn so Sarenrae can smell your burning flesh! You are the sacrifice this day, in this daylight!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

From the beginning of the day, roughly Seventh Bell, your infiltration of your beloved Kelmarane has seen time spent on the Lower Gate(3 Rounds), North Bridge(11 Rounds), and the Postern Gate(12 Rounds).

The Brothers Piddlespot take command of the charge against the gnoll hordes, noble halfling charging the lower band of gnolls mid-air, while the feral halfling lands a major blast of holy fire in the midst of an outlying pack. The gnome summons his own ally to join the fray, leaving Mahdi and Otah to take their first surprise action, before the Horde responds to this new threat.

Flame Strike, Closing Distance, and Summoning Monster, with Mahdi's and Otah's first actions, which are considered largely Surprise in nature. I'm not limiting the gnome to a full round action, so his creature will be there at the beginning of this last Mission.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi takes a moment to scan the battlefield, and swoops up into a position of aerial command to be able to see much of what is going on. Assessing the choke points of the buildings, the fire mage-- still a blazing fire elemental-- gestures and laughs, calling up a long wall of fire that streaks through the streets of Kelmarene.

For ease of reference, the wall of fire text:

One side of the wall, selected by you, sends forth waves of heat, dealing 2d4 points of fire damage to creatures within 10 feet and 1d4 points of fire damage to those past 10 feet but within 20 feet. The wall deals this damage when it appears, and to all creatures in the area on your turn each round. In addition, the wall deals 2d6 points of fire damage + 1 point of fire damage per caster level (maximum +20) to any creature passing through it. The wall deals double damage to undead creatures.
If you evoke the wall so that it appears where creatures are, each creature takes damage as if passing through the wall.
(I have marked the 'on fire' side with the arrow on the map)

Creatures currently caught within the line, or those who choose to pass through it, take:: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 6) + 13 = 21 (fire damage)

Creatures within 20 feet of it take:: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 (fire damage)

Creatures within 10 feet of it take:: 1d4 ⇒ 4 (fire damage)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Not wanting to split the party against a horde, the dwarf follows the charging halfling.

Otah runs as far as his dwarven legs will carry him towards Aldebert.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Battle of the Temple Grounds unfolds.

Amiamble and Mahdi lay down offensive spells to engage the Horde. Amiamble and Mahdi are now considered Spellcasters.

Aldebert and Otah race into direct engagement with the outlying gnolls, a fast flying Bralani Azata bolstering their numbers. Aldebert and Otah are now considered Skirmishers.

Pent keeps close to his flock, ready to defend them from the countless wounds incoming. Pent is now considered a Healer.

For the first minute of the Battle, please make a single roll- 1d20 + Character Level + Highest Stat Bonus. If you desire, you can change your category (Spellcaster/Skirmisher/Healer) in subsequent minutes.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Expecting nothing less than sheer muster from the dwarf, Pent makes sure to bequeath Flight on Otah, so he can readily engage the Horde on the various levels of the high side of Kelmarane.

Battle Check, First Minute: 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 6 = 28

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment(x2), Prayer(x2)
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)
Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Mirror Image (1/10m, 7 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

(Aldebert still has Mirror Image going for this battle if it has an effect.)

Battle Check, First Minute: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 4 = 36

Aldebert charges into the thick of them, wanting to draw their fire away from Otah while his Mirror Image lasts. He lays about him with his greatsword, while Gretiem maneuvers and picks off the injured.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Battle Check (Spellcaster): 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 6 = 23

Ami will continue to battle and fight with claw and magic, happy to stay above the fray and let Yeen’s long reach do the damage.

Ami will turn invisible again, spinning his ring.

Next round, will likely switch to Skirmisher.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi glories in his blazing destrruction...

Spellcasting: 1d20 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 8 = 39


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Strength: 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 5 = 31

With Pent's help, Otah turns into a whirlwind of flying glaive.

10,151 to 10,200 of 10,952 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.