GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,001 to 10,050 of 10,988 << first < prev | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | next > last >>

Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Amiamble wrote:
"Well, uhm... Well, the spirit of Vardishal lives inside...inside...my cat, Yeenoghu, the Night Terror of the Gnolls. Please don’t be mad at him though...he didn’t know. He didn’t know that Vardishal lived inside the mold. No one knew. It was a mistake. I’m sorry.”

Nefeshti looks from Amiamble to Yeen, then back, so that when the halfling's words have come to an end, she might speak. "Your cat is possessed by Vardishal, North Wind of the Templars, who first possessed, of all things, mold, and you are sorry? I'm not sure that I would have ever suspected such a thing..." She gives the cat a curious look.

"Can you hear me, Vardishal? Can you move on? Have you found peace, possessing this cat?" The djinni princess turns to Amiamble.

"Are you at peace with the spirit of my janni general possessing your animal?"

Amiamble:

"I will have no peace, until Davashuum lies dead."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

The gnome watches politely as words are exchanged, and plans begin to form, regarding the recapture of Kelmarane. Done it once before, we can do it again.

"With Mahdi jumping us from one point to another, and if we can hit so quick they have no way of recuperating in time, I think our precise strikes will draw their impotent ire with celerity!" He looks down on his Carpet, a little mournfully, as its speed is not the speed he feels he'll need.

"How long you figure you'll need to see us begin these incursions, lady Nefeshti?"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

"Well, if you're asking me, I would see you set off today, but I understand that your travels might demand a good rest before you strike out."

Otah wrote:
"Inside Kakishon, we encountered a mausoleum and the remains of Venema... a brass dragon who was still waiting for Nex to rest there. He spoke of Andrathi, and that after spending some time there Jhavhul found him. He died on it's steps."

Nefeshti turns back to Otah, the sudden realization dawning on her. "You... found Kakishon, found the Scroll?? How did you...?"

The djinni princess grows quiet, but her facial expression is anything but.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi is busy doing calculations, calculations of some displeasure it seems, and finally he sighs. "It would take... multiple spells. Even with summoning Gretiem seperately, I can at most take four besides myself-- I'd have to make a separate trip if we were to have our full group, Yeen and all, and I feel we should be at our fullest, obviously."

I can technically do it, but it wipes out three 5th level spells in order to pull it off. I should have picked up some scrolls of carry companion. Too late now. If that's how we want to get in, I can do it, but it is a definite resource expenditure. We should at least weigh our other options to compare.

"Either way I advise we rest, yes. And I should clarify that there is always some chance of mishap with teleportation, and I hardly know the Lower Gate as well as I could..."

Mahdi looks pensive when Andrathi is brought up and it becomes plain that Nefeshti missed a great deal of that relevant aspect of the story.

"...yes. Technically, we really enter into this story with the matter of the Scroll," he sighs. The mage relates a short and impersonal account of their goose-and-bull chases in the pocket dimension, and then appends a much more awkward, "...I am sorry that we brought you painful news, regarding Andrathi."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"You ride upon an angry ghost?"

Ami shrugs at Otah, nothing having too much to say.

Angry ghost? Cat? What is the difference? You want to see angry, try to give Yeen a bath...then you’ll see angry.”[/b] Ami was never, ever going to try to give Yeen a bath again, no matter how much Haleen yelled at him. It was a bad idea then and is silly to think about now.

GM Rat Sass wrote:

"Can you hear me, Vardishal? Can you move on? Have you found peace, possessing this cat?" The djinni princess turns to Amiamble.

"Are you at peace with the spirit of my janni general possessing your animal?"

Ami leans down to listen to Yeen. He straightens up as he hears Vardishal’s response.

”Uhm...he says, he says...[i]’I will have no peace, until Davashuum lies dead,’ Ami repeats, hoping Nefeshti can hear Vardishal in those words.

* * *

Mahdi al-Jabira wrote:
"...yes. Technically, we really enter into this story with the matter of the Scroll," he sighs. The mage relates a short and impersonal account of their goose-and-bull chases in the pocket dimension, and then appends a much more awkward, "...I am sorry that we brought you painful news, regarding Andrathi."

Ami gets angrier and angrier as Mahdi fails to explain time and time again how much Ami resisted reading the scroll and how much he knew it was a no-good, very bad idea.

”I told them not to. I told them not to read the scroll. I wanted to do anything but. But they insisted, Nefeshti!,” Ami pleads his case.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Mahdi wrote:

"...I am sorry that we brought you painful news, regarding Andrathi."

Amiamble wrote:
"I told them not to. I told them not to read the scroll. I wanted to do anything but. But they insisted, Nefeshti!”

Nefeshti spreads both hands down the front of her clothes. "Please do not be sorry. You have brought news, where none was to be found before now. Releasing Jhavhul into the open was also no small fortune. His release from Kakishon could have gone unnoticed, his machinations hidden from us, until it was too late." She nods, as if her own words find themselves more convincing.

"That you were a part of it, bringing what I hope to be the final confrontation with pitiful Jhavhul, lends me strength that our alliance is preordained. Praise Gozreh."

"Please, take your leave to gather your small forces to the Monastery. You may rest here, under our protections, so you may ready your strike into Kelmarane on the morrow."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah nods his head at the hostess.

"Thank you."

The dwarf steps out, and after a while works up his way to one of the of the janni soldiers protecting the monastery. "Mind sparring? I've fought plenty of gnolls, but not a ton of your kind. Would be nice to get a real feel for how your kind move around here."

Sparring or not...
The dwarf spends the rest of the evening writing in his journal, updating previous notes and making new entries. Then rests, and readies himself for the next day.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert listens keenly to the discussion of Yeen. He knew his brother had a special relationship, which seemed to deepen over time, but he never really put all the pieces together. Looking back, he saw the obviousness of it all, and chastised himself for not seeing it sooner.

When Mahdi speaks of their time in the scroll he frowns thinking back to the difficulties of that time. Still, he’s glad it happened to them, rather than some innocent party to all this. They had survived, and were now poised to best Jhavhul’s forces. Others might not have been so lucky…

”Regarding the teleportation, let’s plan a two fold approach then to this first gate. Gretiem can climb the walls, so I can get in easily enough that way. Pent is already flying, so he and I can make up that flank. Mahdi, you teleport Otah, my brother, and Yeen to an advantageous point. We’ll then close the pincer! Obviously we want to be close - not too spread out.”

When their planning discussion is complete, Aldebert will spend the evening talking to anyone who has been in Kelmarane recently, or who has faced Jhavhul’s forces first hand. He’ll question them trying to get a better picture of what they will face in the morning.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35 hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"That ... will work, Aldebert. A good suggestion. I must think on what spells I should prepare..."

short post, gotta sort out prep but wanted to assent to alde's plan


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Nefeshti wrote:
"Please do not be sorry."

Ami is easily able to not be sorry. He was actually apologizing for the bad mistakes of others. And while it’s easy for him not to be sorry, he’s still angry about it, casting glances at Otah, Mahdi, and Pent...and then at his brother.

We never should have opened the scroll.

He clenches his tiny angry hand into a tiny angry fist. He lets is go slowly and tries to focus on the task at hand...killing Davashuum.

”Tell me what I can do, Mahdi, Aldebert! Yeen and I will kill many of them, we will!” Ami says, trying to turn his anger to the plan.

Aldebert wrote:
”Get’him can climb the walls...”

Ami nods, but notes that Yeen is frequently walking on air, and can walk over the walls.

”If you want Get’him to walk on air, I can do that as well.”


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent chirps from on high. "Hey, Mahdi, why don't you ready yourself here, in the Monastery, while Aldebert and I retrieve the kobolds and azer. We've still got a little wind in our step, and can spur them to the march."

The gnome takes his leave of the current conversation, to see himself out into the bright sun of the day, and waits for Aldebert to join him in the quick flight back to the Sultan's Claw.

Presuming they are successful...

When the Skulk and Muck are seen safely to the Monastery, Pent finds a quiet spot to meditate, and ready himself for the fight, at sun's rise.

Likely the inner courtyard, possibly the kitchen...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms
Otah wrote:
"Mind sparring? I've fought plenty of gnolls, but not a ton of your kind. Would be nice to get a real feel for how your kind move around here."

One of the janni captains assigns two of her lessers to engage with Otah, for the good it will do both sides of the sparring. Relocated Otah on the Roll20 Map.

Otah:

The sparring is vigorous, with the two jannis holding very little back, to test the dwarf's capabilities. Their actions seem intent on learning what kind of ally has recently stumbled into the Monastery, with the grace of Nefeshti.

Their main tactic seems to be slipping into Invisibility, and attacking from flank for the significant advantage. It doesn't take you long to figure out that they'll likely attack from range with their longbows, then evade and press their attacks in melee when you're good and worn down.

This prompts Zen to demonstrate one of her powers- healing. The janni are decently capable with their scimitars, so land several glancing cuts during your sparring session. Zen tolerates the abuse, to a point, before she intervenes. She casts Cure Moderate Wounds, when she believes you've suffered enough.

"It is a good thing, this practice, but you will guard yourself, and avoid any circumstance of being outnumbered. You are no good to me, dead."

Aldebert:

You confirm much of what Nefeshti has laid before you. You elicit the number of janni at the Postern Gate, six, as well as the relative volume of gnolls amassed at the Temple of Sarenrae, one hundred. There is a leader who resides within the Temple, and is rarely seen, as it doesn't lack servile gnolls that come and go from the building.

Entrance to Kelmarane is restricted, but the town is not as closed as Davashuum would like it to be. In particular, the Lower Town has no walls or ridges to restrict entrance. Here, Davashuum relies on janni patrols to police the area and nightly curfews to control the populace.

However, gnoll slavers, humanoid mercenaries seeking positions in Jhavhul’s army, or even an occasional brave human merchant or trader might be found wandering the Lower Town. A typical Lower Town janni patrol is made up of six jann led by a single janni captain. On the other hand, entrance to the Upper Town is strictly proscribed; its gates are closed and are manned by loyal janni troops or other servitors. It should thus be relatively easy for to enter the Lower Town, but there might be some difficulty in avoiding attention.

...

The retrieval of both Skulk and Muck, and Iavesk, is successful. The Muck takes to the Kitchen and Pantry, needing no direction to quench their thirst and enjoy the comfort of the interior of the Monastery for the time being.

The Skulk is rather more restless, taking to the main chapel, and doing their best to heed their master's words of obedience. They only occasionally overturn a pew, and fingers begin pointing savagely at the 'real' culprit.

Zrank does his mighty best to quell the minor unrests with the help of his second and third in command. This leaves Mahdi to his own devices, unfettered by the possible micromanagement of so many kobolds under one roof.

Iavesk does his best to keep the gnome company, giving him the space for the meditations, when the two find the fountain in the distal portion of the Monastery.

Evening comes, with the promise of a lively morning after.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert does indeed join Pent in the quick flight back to the Sultan's Claw. He relishes it!

”Gnolls brother. We shall have gnolls to kill tomorrow.” he grins, knowing how that will make his brother feel. ”Yes, air walk would be excellent Ami. Thanks.”

That evening, before he turns in, he seeks out everyone and lets them know what he found out. He tells them the Lower Town is still pretty open, no walls still. However it’s heavily patrolled, by both commoners who may sell the information for a good price, or the guards themselves making sure nothing is amiss. He notes that it won’t take long before the group is discovered. There’s more - feel free to read my spoiler above. Aldebert shares it all.

The following morning, Aldebert rises early and eager. After his morning prayers, he casts Endure Elements on himself and Shield Companion, enlarged, on Gretiem, chatting with him excitedly as he does so. He looks for the others and breakfast, hoping for a Hero’s Feast.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent does indeed produce the Heroes' Feast, He hopes everyone relishes it!

Temporary Hit Points: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and Will saves and a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against poison and fear effects for 12 hours.

During the hour's long meal, Pent focuses his interest on pulling together all knowledge about Retrievers, and what enemy they've chosen to defeat first.

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"So, Nefeshti, Iavesk, what do you know of Retrievers?"

The gnome sideglances at Mahdi after each name mentioned, figuring the fire mage will likely insinuate his large arcana brain into the discussion, as is his wont...

For the day's militaristic theme, Pent spends a goodly amount of time debating himself, so he might make Sarah proud of their work in overcoming the dark forces.

Spell Prep in the works


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 8

Surprisingly, both djinnis have nothing to offer, no insights, no ready knowledge about Retrievers, and their capabilities. They both offer sheepish shrugs in their own manner.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"So, Mahdi, what do you know of Retrievers? I'm presuming they're not Golden or Labrador."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 21:

Retrievers are spiders the size of a bull elephant, eyes shimmering with magical energy. They are Chaotic Evil Huge Constructs.

Not all constructs are formed from unliving matter like stone, wood, metal, or dead flesh. In the darkest corners of the Great Beyond, certain powerful demon lords have mastered the art of shaping the raw, protoplasmic flesh of the Abyss into hideous monstrosities devoid of life, emotion, and the will to resist control. The monstrous retriever is the best-known of such constructs, a huge spider-like creation capable of unleashing potent energy upon those it has been ordered to seek.

Demon lords use retrievers to seek out those who dare abandon their loyalties or flee from servitude. Often, the presence of a retriever in a demon’s den is enough in and of itself to ensure the loyalty of the lesser demons. The constructs also excel in tracking down specific objects and returning them to their masters—their intelligence is just enough to allow them to focus on their ordered tasks but not quite enough for them to form ideas of rebellion and longings for freedom.

A retriever’s body is the size of an elephant, and its legspan is nearly 30 feet. It weighs 6,500 pounds.

1 question for every 5 above 21


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Only when he's good and reassured about Retrievers, does Pent turn back to Aldebert.

"Hey, yeah, sorry I wasn't paying too much attention last night. For all the patrols, how do you want to address our approach? Invisibility? Heavy banks of fog and an early morning strike? I'm all ears."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Updated Roll20 Map so you could use it for your strategizing about your approach(es) to the Lower Gate...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Aldebert Piddlespot wrote:
”Gnolls brother. We shall have gnolls to kill tomorrow.” he grins, knowing how that will make his brother feel. ”Yes, air walk would be excellent Ami. Thanks.”

Ami smashes his tiny left fist into his tiny right palm, finally hearing what he wants to hear.

”Yes, Brother! We will give them the whatfor! We will rend them apart and feast upon their entrails and their screams of agony for that is the only thing the understand. Their bodies will rot in the sun, the stench wafting to the Sun! Such is the will of Sarenrae! Tomorrow will be good!” Ami seems very happy about tomorrow’s prospects and goes to prepare for the night.

He plods along on Yeen, exploring the encampment, and even stopping to watch Otah spar with the jann. He then moves around the camp, looking for a nice pig or goat that he might buy for Yeen. Yeen will have a lot of work to do in the morning, and should be well fed before he goes.

* * *
In the morning, after sleeping curled up with Yeen beside a fire, he will pounce upon Pent’s offered Heroes Feast with little abandon. He offers some holy tuna fish to Yeen, insisting that the cat eat his fill as well.

When the final plans are set, and just before the party acts, Ami will cast his usual magical protections on himself, Yeen, and Aldebert, adding an Airwalk for Get’him.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Zen:
Neat trick, thanks. Avoid being outnumbered? That's not the hard part. The hard part is this invisible business.

The dwarf thanks his partners and goes to find Mahdi. "I hope you have something for invisible foes tomorrow."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"I agree brother! Many evil creatures shall perish as they deserve."

Pent Arotha wrote:
"Hey, yeah, sorry I wasn't paying too much attention last night. For all the patrols, how do you want to address our approach? Invisibility? Heavy banks of fog and an early morning strike? I'm all ears."

”Good question Pent. Mahdi, can you envelop us in fog or some-such to get us past the idle onlookers? I’ve nothing useful in that area I’m afraid. Pent, how many people can you turn into clouds? Might be we sneak in that way and reform in some nearby convenient alley.”


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Okay, finally have a level 13 sheet up. spells listed on sheet are accurate for today's prep.

Retrievers: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36

Mahdi grimaces at the thought of retrievers. "I've only read about such... beasts. If beast is the right word. They are technically constructs... but forged by the Abyss, and imbued with demonkind's evil. Terrifying, enormous spider-like monstrosities..."

(3 questions, so: SR? DR? Elemental resistances or immunities?)

Mahdi sighs. "If you want fog you have to make suggestions such as that the night before I study my spells. Though I have no fog clouds at my command anyway. I should be able to help with the invisibility of the jann to some degree, though."

As usual, Mahdi casts mage armor on himself, Gretiem, and Yeen, and calls upon overland flight for himself. Right before they ready to 'port, he casts see invisibility on himself as well, knowing it will last a little over two hours. He also takes out one of his supply of brass doorknobs and has everyone gather round while he casts getaway, to ensure they can quickly return to Nefeshti's monastery if needed.

"We need a coordinate for where I should try to visualize appearing," he muses. "Some landmark. Ideally some landmark not in full view of the entire town and all the patrols... that we all know, to use as a rendezvous spot."

Given we spent something like a year of downtime in Kelmarene, can we assume we know such a landmark in the vicinity of the lower gate?

"Aldebert, one more thing-- will you bring in my little friend Sa'amm?" Mahdi holds up the black-and-crimson scorpion that still fits in the palm of his hand.

Last but not last, Mahdi addresses the Skulk and Muck-- informing the azer of the general plan, telling them to respect the wishes of Nefeshti their gracious hostess, etc.... and just informing the kobolds that if they cause trouble he gives Zrank the authority to 'skin them with his burning spear.'


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"I'll guard him as best I can." Aldebert takes Sa'amm carefully from Mahdi as if afraid to touch it and break it.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

The wee scorpion curls easily in a pouch or pocket or even in Alderbert's pack, showing no hesitation despite the lizard many times its size.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Aldebert wrote:
"Pent, how many people can you turn into clouds? Might be we sneak in that way and reform in some nearby convenient alley."

"Glad you asked! Iavesk, if you would be so kind?"

The gnome waves the djinni over, who seems to be carrying a folded bundle of white sheets. Pent grabs one fold, while Iavesk holds the other. The two of them separate, producing a paper doll chain, though this one is quite unique- there are several linked forms that represent two halfling-sized togas, one dwarven-sized toga, one human-sized toga, one gecko drape, one cat drape, and one gnome-sized toga.

Pent proceeds to dagger cut them apart, handing off each new creation to its respective owner. "If you don these, we should be able to conceal our forms for fog. Thank you, Iavesk! Your ability knows no bounds!"

Iavesk chimes in. "Well, you have nine hours, before they dissolve like so much sand in the desert."

Pent nods. "Right. That should be more than enough time, I think."

The gnome tucks his toga on, cinching it around his waist. "I suggest we land on the upper side of the Lower Gate, so we avoid the wannabes below."

Pent casts Sarah's Wind Walk, on as many as eight others. He turns to address Nefeshti. "Appropriate, don't you think? We will arrive in Kelmarane as the wind. We're not your North, South, East or West, nor the Fury, either. We'll be the Scourge of the Winds. Davashuum won't know what hit him."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Nefeshti approves of Iavesk's contribution to the strike team. She smiles on her new allies. "I dreamt of Andrathi last night. What you told me, I think it cleared my mind, and gave me the chance to remember him, as I have not been able to do for some time. Thank you."

She approaches you. "Before you go, I would bestow upon each of you a Kiss of Gratitude, if you will accept it."

I leave it to each of you to Accept or Decline the djinni princess's offer.

"Go with Gozreh's blessings. We will be close behind."

...

The Knights Protector, uh, the Scourge arrives on the outskirts of Kelmarane. The activity of the town seems listless, very little activity taking place in the early rise of the sun. Perhaps as the day proceeds, you will see more bodies wandering about, but not so, so soon after dawn's arrival, and Feast's completion.

Aldebert:

As you set eyes upon Kelmarane for the first time in a while, your mind opens to familiar lands, and your time on the Patrols in the downtime of your first year suddenly grants you a boon, now.

For the rest of the Adventure, Aldebert receives a +2 Circumstance Bonus on all Wisdom-Based Skill Checks.

Mahdi:

As you set eyes upon Kelmarane for the first time in a while, your mind opens to familiar lands, and your time Researching in the downtime of your first year suddenly grants you a boon, now.

For the rest of the Adventure, Mahdi receives a +2 Circumstance Bonus on all Intelligence-based Skill Checks.

Otah:

As you set eyes upon Kelmarane for the first time in a while, your mind opens to familiar lands, and your time developing the Militia in the downtime of your first year suddenly grants you a boon, now.

For the rest of the Adventure, Otah receives a +2 Circumstance Bonus on all Attack and Damage Rolls.

What catches your attention from your watchfulness at a distance is the massive black spider that leaves the northern side of the Lower Gate to patrol the road beyond. It spends several minutes examining its territory, before returning to the interior of the warehouse, though an opening guaranteed to accommodate the size of the monstrosity.

Roll20 Map has been updated. Let me know how you want to proceed. When the Retriever steps outside, it patrols the red oval path 2-3 times, before returning inside.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
"We'll be the Scourge of the Winds. Davashuum won't know what hit him."

The gnome has the backside of stinky winds.

"You want us to do what with these?" Ami holds the sheets in confusion, wondering what is to be made of them, let alone if Yeen will allow it. "I'll do whatever to get to Damnshum, so that we may kill him, and I don't give a sheet how we go about it."

Ami looks to his brother for guidance.

* * *

Ami will accept the kiss from Nefeshti, but only is Yeen is amongst the kissed. He deserves her love and friendship too.

* * *

Ami waits, ready to move or slink or charge. He stares at the retriever, wondering how the party might kill it. His hand twitches with Sarenrae's fire to kill more of the servants of the Rough Beast.

"We can walk over it, Brother, if we wish? Or do we seek to kill it!? We shall be at your side."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Excellent Pent, well done!"Aldebert cries when he realizes they can all fly in mostly hidden. "You wear the robe brother," he explains to Amiamble, "To blend in with the sky. It'll make us looks like mere wisps of cloud until we descend and change."

He bows, then stands as straight as he can for his Kiss of Gratitude. "I'm honored!" he says, and does not make her kiss Gretiem.

As he sights Kelmarane, for the first time, he pauses in flight to take it all in. Smiling, he rushes to catch up to the others.

Sighting the retriever, he suggests "We must slay it brother, so we can have use of this quadrant without hindrance. I suggest we wait for it to finish a patrol, then fly down and solidify to the south of its range. When it comes out to patrol again, we charge."

(I've placed my icon where I suggest we solidify.)

He shrugs, "It's a bit simple a plan, but it gets us in and close quietly. We could enter its lair to battle it there, but that could be harder, though certainly quieter."

When they're ready to land, Aldebert will draw his greatsword, and fly down near the wall. He'll begin to solidify and tuck away his robe to avoid blood splatter later. He'll then quickly bring Gretiem up into the air a bit to avoid any unpleasant terrain.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Nefeshti wrote:
"Before you go, I would bestow upon each of you a Kiss of Gratitude, if you will accept it."

Pent lines up behind Aldebert, addressing the djinni princess over the half's left shoulder.

"Now, I'm married, so we're clear, here. Nothing will come from this Kiss. It will be unrequited. No matter how often you think on my whiskers in the days to come, know that I am taken, and will not be swayed. Besides, you are far too tall for us to ever... well, you should stick to your sizes, and I will stick to mine, alright?"

...

Aldebert wrote:
"It's a bit simple a plan, but it gets us in and close quietly..."

"Oh, we can always count on you for simple, Aldi. I have every faith this will go over as well as we'd expect it should, given the massive size of the spider."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi:

SR? DR? Elemental resistances or immunities?

Sorry! Overlooked this Intel in a rush to get you folks your Boons :)

The Retriever has no inherent Spell Resistance or Damage Reduction, but it does have Fast Healing 5.

As for Elemental resistances or immunities, you are well versed in the attributes all Constructs enjoy- immune to death effects, disease, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stun, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless). Constructs are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain. Constructs are not at risk of death from massive damage.

Still waiting on Otah and Mahdi to declare their Acceptance or Declination of the Kiss of Gratitude...


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen do what Aldebert suggests, ready to go in and pounce after they coalesce. He will cast his protective magics and be ready to battle the retriever.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Right... it looks like the elements, and most of my magic, and even ordinary blades, all work fine against this retriever," Mahdi muses. "Though it will heal if we give it time to..."

***

"I would be honored for your kiss, my lady."

Teleport chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 21 Seems to fall safely into the 'on target' zone.

***

"I've no objection to that plan, Aldebert," Mahdi agrees. "When we're ready to spring our attack, I'll speed us all."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah bows to Nefesheti. "I accept. Thank you for your hospitality and guidance."

***

"Simple gets it done, Aldebert. Ready when you are."

***

Otah's experience flying around in non-cloud-like form has psuedo-prepared him for this semi-ethereal experience. He cautiously floats along with his party members to the wall, then wills himself to rematerialize.

Ready Zen?


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen). Air Walk (Yeen/Get'him).

Amiamble spins his new ring on his finger, slipping into invisibility. Sure, something was obviously riding the cat, but he could be slightly more effective casting whilst unseen.

He looks at the constructed retriever, thinking about how to channel Sarenrae's natural powers to defeat the beast.

He is ready to move.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

As the group regains their tangibility, the situation becomes real to the gnome. He looks about the town, the main road quite familiar to him, though he looks on it with fresh eyes. There's a giant spider, obviously, that wasn't there before. From its presence, Kelmarane sits sickly on the hill, waiting for a holy purge. One that's just arrived.

"I'll bring Sarah's Swift to you all, so we can end the infestation here. Who knows? If we're quick enough, maybe we can strike somewhere else, within the surge of Her energy..."

Ready to cast Blessing of Fervor, as well as Shield of Faith on Aldebert and Otah.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Nefeshti respects Amiamble's refusal, when she declines to Kiss Yeen.

Those Who Accept the Kiss...:

The djinni princess's Gratitude is transferred to you, her lips lightly gracing your cheek. A warmth radiates from the touch, expanding to every inch of your person, before gently fading.

You have received a Permanent +1 Luck Bonus on all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and level checks.

Otah wrote:
Ready, Zen?

Otah:

"Quite ready, thank you for asking. I can't wait to see you in battle."

She doesn't say it outright, but her tone suggests that she is hoping you are not a disappointment...

...

GM Rolls:

Aldebert Stealth: 1d20 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 8 = 17
Amiamble Stealth: 1d20 + 7 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 8 = 20
Mahdi Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 8 = 19
Otah Stealth: 1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 8 = 25
Pent Stealth: 1d20 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 8 = 25

Retriever Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

1d100 ⇒ 90

As you ready yourselves in the shadow of the building standing across from the Lower Gate, the Retriever emerges, and begins its routine patrol, when the glint of the noble halfling's armor catches its attention, and it becomes aware of your intrusion.

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Retriever: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Round 1
Mahdi- 26
Retriever- 23
Aldebert- 20
Amiamble- 19
Pent- 19-
Otah- 6

Mahdi is up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Presumed Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Blessing of Fervor- 12 Rounds
Haste- 12 Rounds
Ami Buffs, see above


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi is sure to thank Nefeshti for her kiss...

****

On arrival and coordination, Mahdi reclaims Sa'amm, thanks Aldebert, and stows the little scorpion safely in his traveling case with a few dead grasshopper snacks.

****

With a gesture and a word, Mahdi decides to start things off with his signature element. It isn't subtle; he's never been particularly great at that.

A tiny bead of flame flickers from his fingers and bathes the monstrosity in a brief inferno.

Fireball, reflex dc 24 for half: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 1, 6, 3, 2, 6, 6, 1) = 38


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Reflex Save v DC 24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

The chitinous challenger rears up on its four foundational legs, and thrashes quickly to disperse a decent amount of the gifted fireball.

In return, it lashes back at the fire mage, a ray of dull grey seeking the lurker at the back.

Eye Ray Touch Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Electricity: 12d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 6) = 35 electrical damage

Mahdi, please make a Reflex Save DC 19, for half damage

The creature moves with frightening speed, charging at the impediments to the fire producer. 1 Amiamble, 2 Aldebert, 3 Otah: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Bite Attack, O: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

In its anger, it misses the awaiting dwarf...

Round 1
Aldebert- 20
Amiamble- 19
Pent- 19-
Otah- 6

...
Round 2
Mahdi- 26
Retriever- 23 (-19hp)

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated. The creature has just demonstrated its 15' Reach.

Presumed Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Blessing of Fervor- 12 Rounds
Haste- 12 Rounds
Ami Buffs, see above


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I forgot to declare a B.O.F. bennie. If possible I'll take the AC boost, but since I didn't declare it, it's fine if it's too late for this round.

Reflex, haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17 ...lol, the BOF bonus would make that a 19, so it'll depend on if you'll let me retcon in that or not. If not, full damage.

"--It can shoot ELECTRICITY?" Mahdi screeches as he gets lit up. "THE BOOKS DIDN'T MENTION THAT!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The BoF selection is easily consistent with Mahdi's usual leanings, so you're welcome to retcon that addition. Don't overlook the Gratitude Bonus, as well...

We're getting crazy in the higher level combats, folks, so don't be too concerned if something gets overlooked, either from your side of the 'table', or mine. The walls of combat calculations, however brief, will grow. Of course, I encourage you to be as accurate as you can be, as I oft thrust my trust onto you lugs...

The Party is up!


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 19-

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Haste, Blessing of Fervor

Pent flinches twice- once when the horror tosses a grey ray at Mahdi, then a second time when it charges Otah. "I can see why that thing would intimidate a whole Gate! Does it attack just anyone who tries to pass through, or does it know things??"

The gnome levels his trusty crossbow, and fires a single bolt, glad for the creature keeping a respectful distance from the dwarf.

Blessing of Fervor for +2 bumpies

+1 Light Crossbow, Haste, BoF, KoG: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 26 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage

There you go! I took care of part of its Fast Healing, likely... you're very welcome, Frontliners...


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Let's see if Otah doesn't disappoint then...

The dwarf slides up to meet the oncoming spider-monstrosity. He sends out Zen to slash at the beast wondering how effective his attacks will be against a construct.

BoF, Extra Attack, Power Attack
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 34 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 3 - 4 = 35 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 3 - 4 = 22 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 27 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"It knows how to die! I think"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Earlier…
Aldebert accepts the kiss, but blushes at the depth of his feelings. A warmth lingers far beyond the touch that embarrasses him. His whole face lighting up, he tries to look at something other than the djinni. ”Th-thanks!” he sputters eventually as he walks away grinning like a fool.

Combat…
Aldebert delays until after Pent, wondering at more support (just in case) and to see what his brother plans.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Otah:

Zenzirad thrums with deep satisfaction.

"Well done, Otah, Bringer of Swift Death. I think you will do nicely."

The retriever sustains numerous blows by your warrior dwarf, Zen carving through the protoplasmic flesh effortlessly, but it still stands. Barely... If we were playing Massive Damage Rules, this thing would still shrug off that payload of pain...

Aldebert, Amiamble, and Mahdi are up!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 19

Invisible Ami and Visible Yeen follow Aldebert into battle, circling a bit in hopes of getting future flank.

Yeen goes in for a bite....
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 45 to hit; (+feast,+luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 42 to hit; (+feast,+luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

...while Ami offers a withering melee touch attack, putting his tiny hand on the retriever and unmaking it.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25 melee *touch* (vs flatfooted);
13d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 1, 3, 1, 6, 2, 5, 2, 3, 3, 2) = 37 unraveling damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 0/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 18

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147 +11 temp
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 5/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

"Nice one brother! Leave it no quarter!"

Aldebert smites evil (swift) on the retriever and rides Gretiem around to take up a position in flank with his brother and leaving room for Otah to join them (provoking). He’ll then take a swing. (rolls below assume evil, if incorrect -4 attack -13 damage)
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 9 = 44 (feast, bof, smite, flank) damage: 1d10 + 16 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 13 = 31 (smite)

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Gretiem will also take a bite.
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 3 = 26 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 = 17


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen's heavy protections ensure the cat suffers no injury in pouncing upon the dread spider.

AoO Claw Attack, Y: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13 damage

The Retriever takes its last animated action, as the cat savages the construct before it has a chance to act again. Amiamble, save your Wither.

For the sound of violence so near, another Retriever emerges from the interior of the Lower Gate, and sets itself to work on the intruders! It looks over its options and selects Aldebert 1, Otah 2, Yeen 3: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Eye Ray Touch Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Aldebert, please roll a Fortitude Save DC 19. Failure, and you've been Turned to Stone. Permanently. Like, that's a long time...

Feel free to use your current rolls, if you choose to redirect your attack, Aldebert.

Round 2
Retriever 2- 28
Aldebert- 27
Mahdi- 26 (-17hp)
Retriever- 23 (-147hp)
Amiamble- 19
Pent- 19-
Otah- 6

The Party is up! Roll20 Map has been updated. The Retriever has a 15' Reach, as you already know.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Blessing of Fervor- 12 Rounds
Haste- 12 Rounds
Ami Buffs, see above


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

(whew...)

Aldebert is pierced by the newcomer, so he rushes forward, moving into a future flank and swinging (as above, minus the flank, but he'll still smite after that stone incident). He and Gretiem provoke with their movement.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

AoO Claw Attack, Al: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 for 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14 damage sigh

Mahdi, Amiamble, Pent, and Otah are up!

10,001 to 10,050 of 10,988 << first < prev | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.