GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,201 to 10,250 of 10,951 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>

Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The First Minute of the Battle of the Temple Grounds passes.

Mahdi unleashes punishing flames, ripping through the exposed mongrels, catching many of them off-guard, and immolating them where they lurk. Amiamble hoots from his invisible hiding, watching as his powerful magics rend the wretched servants of Rovagug, as Yeen readies himself to enter the fray from on high, and begin the Bloodying.

Mahdi and Amiamble- You've now cast 5 levels of spells, and have remained uninjured. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure. The spells cast can come from magic items, if you so choose.

Aldebert descends on the hapless gnolls on the fringe, his blade slashing over and over, finding rabid flesh time and again. Otah brings Zen through several arcs, the air shuddering almost melodically. Gnolls begin to fall, left and right.

Aldebert and Otah- you both take 1d10 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4 points of damage for your righteous fighting.

Pent keeps close, but not too close, and manages to avoid direct injury, while healing his allies.

Pent- You've now cast 5 levels of healing spells, and everyone in the group heals 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 points of damage. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure.

Some of the gnolls demonstrate the sense to take cover, a section of the Temple damaged through its outer walls, allowing a few of the mongrels to slip inside...

The Second Minute of the Battle of the Temple Grounds approaches.

Second Verse, same as the First. Please make another Battle Check- single roll 1d20 + Character Level + Highest Stat Bonus. You can remain in your current roles, or shift gears, should you desire.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent remains in his current role as Healer.

"The smell, I'm not going to be able to forget it! We're going to need quite the clean up crew, when we see this through!" The gnome keeps his distance as best he can, but he also flits back and forth between the front line and the fire force coming up behind them.

Battle Check, Second Minute: 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 6 = 30


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami and Yeen switch to more of a skirmisher role, moving up to help his brother.

1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 6 = 24 Skirmishing

"Let's go sink our teeth into the flesh of gnolls!" Ami spurs his cat forward.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

will update spells when I can but battle check 2:

MAHDI SMASH: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Battle Check, Second Minute: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 4 = 30

Aldebert continues to slash gnolls to either side of him as Gretiem charges through.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Strength: 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 5 = 32

The dwarf continues his airborne slashing.

Sorry guys, I forgot I checked in on this during the weekend, which would be why I didn't see an update number yesterday.

Also, I start a new promotional position next week, this week might be hectic.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Second Minute of the Battle of the Temple Grounds passes.

Pent continues to be a strong surrogate for Sarenrae, keeping mostly out of harm's way, and wending his way back and forth between his allies to see them sturdy in the face of the Horde.

Pent- You've cast another 5 levels of healing spells, and everyone in the group heals 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 points of damage. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure.

Mahdi rains fire and pain upon the lowly gnolls, swiftly slaying here, viciously, and more slowly, immolating there.

Mahdi- You've cast another 5 levels of spells, and have remained uninjured. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure. The spells cast can come from magic items, if you so choose.

Amiamble and Yeen blister and bleed the gnolls before them, penetrating deep within their numbers, and appearing goddess-touched for remaining mainly uninjured, thanks to the gnome.

Amiamble and Yeen- you both sustain 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 6) = 15 points of damage.

Aldebert and Gretiem continue their crusade, bringing Abadar's Civility to the Horde, while Otah whirls Zenzirad through many, many hides. The grounds begin to mix of blood and dirt, and almost feels as if the howls of the Carrion King himself echo off the walls.

Aldebert and Otah- you both take another 1d10 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 2 points of damage for your righteous fighting.

The gnolls pull themselves together for a last thrust against your assault. At least the ones who chose to stay and face the attack...

Last Verse, same as the First. Final Battle Check- single roll 1d20 + Character Level + Highest Stat Bonus. You can remain in your current roles, or shift gears, should you desire. (Spellcaster, Skirmisher, Healer)

For efficiency's sake, I'll roll Otah's, for his busyness this week.

Battle Check, O: 1d20 + 13 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 5 = 23


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent finishes out his role for this Battle as Healer.

Battle Check: 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 6 = 38

"Almost done, Sarah! We've got 'em on the run!"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 6 = 36 Skirmishing

Ami smiles for the wounds he is taking, but more for the wounds that Yeen is giving. The cat boldly tears, rends, rip, and tear at the gnolls. Ami struggles to hang on to the wildly attacking cat.

Good boy, Yeen! GOOD BOY!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 145/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Battle Check, Third Minute: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 4 = 36

Aldebert and Gretiem continue to wade through the opposition, doing what they can to bring down the gnolls.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sorry to keep everyone waiting!

Spells lost so far:
Round one: 2 charges of my wand of summon monster II (using up the last of that wand, it is now a stick), and one burning hands
Round 2: resist energy, communal resist energy

Mahdi continues to fly over the battlefield as a blazing and wrathful fire elemental, grinning in triumph and hatred as he immolates packs of gnolls, thinking back to the days he and his brother stumbled across burning sands with ropes tied around their necks and hands. "BURN!"

Spellcasting check: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Last Minute of the Battle of the Temple Grounds passes.

Pent steadily channels healing energies to sustain the fighters, as the numbers begin to even out.

Pent- You've cast another 5 levels of healing spells, and everyone in the group heals 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 points of damage. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure.

Otah finds himself nose to muzzle time and again, their final press invading the dwarf's personal space more than he'd like. The wily dwarf is wise enough to stay close the standing walls of the Temple to lessen the number of flanks.

Otah- you sustain 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 5, 5) = 12 points of damage.

The Brothers Piddlespot draw the majority of the remaining Horde, which falls like so many marionettes with severed strings. The Grounds run crimson red with the blood of dozens of dead gnolls...

Aldebert et al- You sustain 1d10 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0 points of damage.

Mahdi continues making easy work of the fields of bleeding gnolls, bringing to the battle a couple of choice pieces of summoned carnage, while judiciously meting out more select spells.

Mahdi- You've cast another 5 levels of spells, and have remained uninjured. Adjust your spells to reflect the expenditure. The spells cast can come from magic items, if you so choose.

Though the sounds of battle continue to rage in other parts of Kelmarane, the Temple Grounds grows relatively quiet. The sounds of gnoll growls still reaches you from the interior of the Temple itself.

Roll20 Map has been updated. Battle will likely renew when you enter the Temple, so please take Single Round Actions for now. There are two main entrances into the Temple- the double doors on the west wall, and the double doors on the south wall.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent looks down upon the grounds, desecrated by gnoll viscera, and feels quite content to remain on his Carpet above. His attention is swiftly focused on the Temple itself, as he only imagines what kind of horror awaits them inside.

"This isn't over, I gather. Caged rats, cornered weasels, stuck pigs, rabid dogs... we need to put them all down for what they've done to Sarah's House."

When his team is gathered about and below, Pent casts Sarah's Blessing to boil their blood, before they enter.

Cast Blessing of Fervor, and all that implies. Have burned the appropriate spell levels.

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment, Prayer
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)
Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami moves closer to the doors to the temple, his bloodlust for dead gnoll only mostly sated.

”Brother! There must be more!” Ami’s face scans to and fro, looking for whole gnolls to kill. He will ignore the mostly wounded and somewhat totally dead in his search to find new whole gnolls to make dead.

”There *has* to be more around here! Maybe inside!?” Ami pats Yeen’s neck, wiping some of the excess blood from the cat’s face and muzzle.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert slows his blade a moment as the thick of them fall away. Covered in blood, steaming in the heat of the day, he nods to his brother and Pent.

"Yes, we go inside!" He guides Gretiem to the great doors and, as Pent washes the fervor over them, pushes open the doors - or tries to!"[/b]

Strength ?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

If the doors don't push open easily he tries twice more...

Strength ?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Strength ?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Er..."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi swoops into play, fully healed, if somewhat spell-depleted from the carnage thus far. He has no regrets. Enervation and expeditious retreat go away

Reaching the doors, he gives a brief glance at Aldebert's attempt to force them. "Alright. Let's make someone stronger... Otah?"

I'll cast an enlarge person on Otah if he wants it. Also, was going through my prior posts and it turns out I do have see invisibility up, so just as a heads-up before we go into the next room/fight/stage


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah stops his cyclone of deadly dwarf and regroups with the party.

He gives Mahdi a quick nod as he waits for the enlargement, then pushes in the door. If necessary...

STR, Enlarged: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Tripping against the door, he tries once more. He flips his beard around his neck and puts his shoulder into it.

STR, Enlarged: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

While Mahdi brings Otah to Large size, Aldebert uses the Blessing for swiftness to gain the double doors, and flings them open! What lies behind them is a most thorough depiction of desecration against the Temple of Sarenrae.

The central dome of the temple rises 50 feet above this large chamber. The air is close and smoky, and filled with the stench of gnolls, urine, and rotting food. Various pallets and heaps of garbage are scattered throughout the room, making the floor here difficult terrain.

Three wide semicircular steps lead up to the raised dais that holds the main altar beneath a smaller dome. The sunburst altar of Sarenrae has been desecrated and replaced with the fanged, multi-legged Maw of Rovagug chiseled in stone. Drizzles of web extend all about the apse, from floor to ceiling.

Perception DC 25:

Two very large, one might call them Gargantuan, tarantulas peer down from the ceiling from both sides of the apse. They hold deathly still at the moment...

In front of you stands a half-dozen gnolls waiting behind the western doors, while another half-dozen turn from their defense of the southern doors.

Standing in front of the Maw of Rovagug is a well-armored gnoll, carrying a wicked greataxe. He looks down upon you, a thin drool leaking from both sides of its muzzle.

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Gnoll Party 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Gnoll Party 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Gnoll: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Round 1
Mahdi- 27
Aldebert- 19
Pent- 19-
GP2- 17
GP1- 16
Amiamble- 10
Otah- 6
Gnoll- 3

Mahdi, Aldebert, and Pent are up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Blessing of Fervor (12 rounds left)


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 19-

Status:

AC = 15, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor

Blessing of Fervor for +2 to AC, Reflex, Attacks

Pent takes in the sights and smells of the interior, and takes very little time to decide that gnolls require kicking, so brings the Sarahtar to light, hoping it'll make less work for the halfs. Cast Spiritual Weapon

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 force damage

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 force damage

"Should have saved Sarah's Smoulder for these clusters of canine."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi is unimpressed with the howling pack of foot-soldiers that seek to clog the door, and turns narrowed eyes on the far gnoll. "Oh, are you supposed to be a general? A leader? We'll see. As for these dogs..."

The wizard drifts down to have a good line of sight, and snaps his fingers-- once more summoning an inferno of flame.

Casting fire snake on that pack of gnolls blocking the doorway, I should easily be able to get them all in it (it has to start with me but I think from my previous use we ruled it can cascade through mid-air. If necessary I'll pass it through Aldebert's square, but use my dancing flame ability to exclude him from the effect. Reflex Save DC 26 for half damage, or full for:

Burn: 13d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 2, 2, 5, 5, 4, 4, 5, 3, 1, 2) = 42


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert waits a moment to see if the gnolls at the door are still standing before he charges into the room.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Gnoll Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 11

Every gnoll set against western intruders falls in flame, despite being stronger versions of the more lowly gnolls so recently slaughtered on the Temple Grounds...

This paves the bloody way for Aldebert.

Aldebert is up! The floor is Difficult Terrain, but that won't discourage those walking on air...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 19

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included) (+4 vs gnoll chief not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, smite evil (head gnoll)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 = 22 (circumstance wis bonus)

Aldebert pulls Gretiem into the air (air walk) to avoid the rubble as he moves quickly into the room. He eyes the largest gnoll, and smites him (swift) before casting Angelic Aspect on himself as wings again sprout from his back.

He holds his greatsword up high, looks to the gnoll, and waits for it…

"C'mon."


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert:

From your new position in the central Prayer Hall, you can now see more clearly the two Gargantuan tarantulas that perch to both sides of the gnoll priest directly ahead. They are crouched in the two smaller white circles on the map, at ceiling height(50')

The armored gnoll barks in gnoll at the pack of gnolls at the southern doors, who quickly respond in action, by relocating to the western doors. For the floor's littering, they can only move into position, hindered greatly.

The armored gnoll watches with feral interest as something deigns to approach it. "You try and wear feathers to impress me? Heh. Show Rovagug your neck, and we'll rip it out."

Amiamble and Otah are up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 10

Ami tries not to seem *too* grumpy as his brother takes the best gnoll for himself even though *AMI* has been the one trying to kill gnolls forever and barely ever gets to do it.

He tries not to cry aloud about it, and tries to focus Yeen on the gnolls in front of him.

"Brother! That one should be mine! I called it way back," Ami says from invisibility. He casts Divine Power on Yeen, ready to get ready to rumble.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30 Perception

Yeen rips and claws most wounded gnoll.

1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 = 35 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.
1d20 + 23 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 23 + 5 = 42 maintain grab

Lunge to attack, BoF to ACs.

Ami notices something worrysome.

"BROTHER! LOOK OUT! BIG SPIDERS!"

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99temp; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 3/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 1/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi obliterates the feeble first line waiting at the western doors, while Aldebert prepares himself for a righteous confrontation with the armored gnoll. Pent beckons the Sarahtar to join the fray, while Amiamble calls dibs on the gnoll in the apse, Yeen grappling a bloody gnoll below.

With Mahdi's first roast of fire against the western cluster of gnolls, GMPC Otah decides he'll wait until the rest of the lowly curs are cleared, before he enters the fray. Delay Otah to just after Mahdi, into Initiative 26, Round 2.

The armored gnoll speaks to Aldebert. "You are a puny thing in the eyes of Rovagug. You should look like a puny thing. Narrgok will make you puny, by the power of the Destroyer."

The gnoll priest waves his weapon in the winged halfling's direction.

Spellcraft DC 19:

Narrgok is casting Baleful Polymorph.

Aldebert, please make a Fortitude Save DC 19. Failure, and you become a Mouse. Permanently. If you become a Mouse, permanently, please make a second save, this one a Will Save DC 19. Failure, and you lose your extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities, and the ability to cast spells, and you gain the alignment, special abilities, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores of your new form.

Meanwhile, two very, very large spiders, covered in bristly hairs, descend from the ceiling to stand with Narrgok.

Knowledge(Nature) DC 18:

These are very fine specimens of Giant Tarantulas, Gargantuan Vermin, Neutral in nature.

1 question for every 5 above 18.

"Meet my pets, my gifts from Rovagug. The Destroyer is generous."

Round 2
Mahdi- 27
Otah- 26
Aldebert- 19 (Fortitude Save DC 19)
Pent- 19-
GP2- 17
GP1- 16
Amiamble- 10
Gnoll- 3

Mahdi, Otah, Aldebert, and Pent are up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Blessing of Fervor(12 rounds left)


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 19

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included) (+4 vs gnoll chief not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, smite evil (head gnoll), Angelic Aspect (1/10m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 vs DC 19 or get even smaller…

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

”You’ll have to do better than that I’m afraid!” he shouts back as he charges the northern spider. To his brother he adds, ”You’ll have to beat me to him brother!”

(I expect he'll draw an AoO from movement.)

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 3 = 31 (feast, BoF) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 3 = 27 (feast, BoF) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 6) + 8 = 15


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah moves to have better angles through the doorway, lashing Zenzirad over Amiamble to strike at the nearest gnoll.

With his large size, he finds it difficult to find a position closer to the enemy whilst the halfling stands in the doorway.

"Clear the door please." he asks, stooping in.

Zenzirad, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 22 - 4 = 31 for: 2d4 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Can't fail that spellcraft. Here's the Nature check:

Nature: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 lol. technically also not failed, but the dice sure tried to.

"Oh, lovely, tarantulas. Not evil so don't waste Abadar's grace on them, Aldebert," Mahdi says scornfully. "And that spell he just tried to hit you with would have turned you into a mouse. My turn."

Ignoring the gnolls beneath him as below his notice, Mahdi simply flies into the room, positioning himself just a bit back from Aldebert and above him. He weaves his fingers. He gestures. He speaks. A corona of incredibly bright, rainbow colors washes out over armored gnoll and the two spiders alike.

Casting prismatic spray; I'm high enough up it should not hit Aldebert. If the spiders or the gnoll have SR, I would have to beat it; here are three preemptive rolls in case they do:

SR 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
SR 2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
SR 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Ray vs Bottom Spider: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Violet
Ray vs Gnoll: 1d8 ⇒ 4 Green
Ray vs Top Spider: 1d8 ⇒ 2 Orange

A violently-violet beam of light streaks out to wash over the spider on the southern half of the room... Will save DC 27 or sent to another plane

Green light bathes the gnoll... Fort save DC 27 or.... uh... *squints* ...death? Maybe? This is a weird one. See my note.

Orange light also catches the northmost spider, and corrosive acid begins to bubble in its wake. Reflex DC 27 or take 40 points of acid damage (save for half).

Note re Green Prismatic Spray:
Here is the link for Prismatic Spray, though there is some confusion about how Green is supposed to work since if the initial effect is death, how can one take poison damage afterwards, etc. There's some discussion here; I ultimately leave the call up to you, oh mighty GM.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

That’s some bomb ass spell spraying there, Mahdi. +1 for the links and research too.

Ami shields his eyes from Mahdi rainbow burst, still annoyed at his brother for taking what rightfully belongs to him.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Lol, thanks. High level casting is just stupid. But I suppose I can take credit for choosing to play a wizard? :P


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 19-

Status:

AC = 15, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor

Pent keeps his distance from the ground, moving into the Temple to witness the after effects of Mahdi's punishing pummeling. The color spray of magic never ceases to amaze the gnome, so draws him closer to the spectacle.

"Bring 'em down, Mahdi!! Let them know how unwelcome they are in the House of Sarah!!"

Meanwhile, the Sarahtar continues its work on the gnolls at the door, from its new angle.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 force damage

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 force damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 force damage


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 11

Re: Green Ray:

As I read it, the First Effect of Death would preclude any need to look at the Second Effect, which is in place, should the target avoid the First Effect, which your gnoll buddy just did.

Mahdi's introductory salvo into the battle certainly gives your enemy pause.

The southern spider disappears in a Violet streak of light.

The gnoll priest remains where he stands, the Green washing over him, and a quick realization that one of his pets is now gone.

"Archok!! Damn you, spellweaver!! I'll see your corpse rotting for what you did!!"

The northern spider fails to react anywhere near the speed of Mahdi's light, its appendages beginning to burn from the acidity of the Orange Ray.

As Aldebert charges the remaining tarantula, the creature doesn't hesitate to attack the halfling before it arrives, though it misses.

Bite Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 20 = 28 damage

The gnolls at the western door press out against your infiltration, though it's hard to tell if they're gnashing to keep you from getting in, or they're struggling to get out. When the Sarahtar slays its target swiftly, it hastens their attacks. Yeen receives them all, and politely declines any invitation to injury.

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage
Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage
Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage
Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage

Amiamble is up!


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 10

Seeing the mess of gnolls and evil, Ami invisibly casts Dispel Evil through to Yeen.

Ami guides Yeen over the gnolls, moving (with haste) to engage the leader gnoll. Yeen is visible for AoOs.

Airwalking, the cat lunges down at the leader gnoll.

”Are you the mongrel known as Davashuum? Vardishal would have words with you!” Ami challenges even as Yeen stays out of the gnoll’s reach. ”Or are you some other cur who needs to be shown Sarenrae’s mercy?”

1d20 + 18 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 3 + 4 = 28 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.
1d20 + 23 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 23 + 4 = 35 grab?

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27+1 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+1+4 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, + haste + dispel evil)
HP: Ami: 99/99 temp; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 1/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Mahdi wreaks havoc on Narrgok, as one spider is ripped away from the Material Plane to gods know where, while the other spider burns viciously from something resembling lava from the Plane of Fire. Narrgok remains tainted by a green lace, which indicates that he's still soaked in the fire mage's poison.

Otah snuffs a single gnoll from the doorway, popping the gnoll's head like a cork from a bottle of aged whiskey. Aldebert and his trusty steed lay into the remaining tarantula, which tries to bite him back, and fails. As both halfling and gecko lay into the bristly arachnid, they both suffer stings from the long hairs protruding from every surface of the gargantuan creature.

Aldebert and Gretiem- Please make a Reflex Save DC 22, or become Nauseated for 1d6 ⇒ 1 rounds.

Pent joins the gathering in the Apse, watching with pride as another gnoll falls as swiftly to the Sarahtar as the other gnoll did to Zenzirad.

Amiamble and Yeen race through the air, avoiding the desecrated floor below, to engage the armored priest of Rovagug. They are unable to avoid the reach of the massive tarantula, but the creature has already struck out as quickly as it could have, once, against the noble halfling. Sigh, no Combat Reflexes

The remaining tarantula does its best to sink its fangs into Aldebert.

Bite Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 for 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) + 20 = 33 damage sigh

As cat approaches within 40' of the Apse, the halfling sitting astride the powerful cat becomes visible again!!

Knowledge(Arcana DC 25:

There is likely an Unhallowed effect towards the eastern side of the Prayer Hall/Apse. Attached to such magics favoring Evil is a permanent spell effect, here being an Invisibility Purge.

While Yeen fails to strike true against the vile priest below, Narrgok looks up and snarls back at the feral halfling.

"You coward!! Come down from your mangy animal, and raise some steel to back your words!!" The gnoll priest rises into the air, and strikes out at the halfling rider. It makes several obscene barks, calling on Rovagug for even greater power.

Greataxe, Am: 1d20 + 20 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 20 - 4 + 4 = 35 for 1d12 + 13 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 12 + 12 = 49 damage

"That's it, you mewling pup!! Bleed your life essence onto the floor of the Rough Beast!! Let's destroy each other!! It will be glorious!!"

Round 3
Mahdi- 27
Otah- 26
Aldebert- 19 (Reflex Save DC 22)
Pent- 19-
GP2- 17
GP1- 16
Amiamble- 10 (-49hp)
Tarantula- 3 (80hp)
Narrgok- 2

Mahdi, Otah, Aldebert, and Pent are up! Roll20 map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Blessing of Fervor(9 rounds left)


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"You won't be destroying anyone. Ami... rip his throat out," Mahdi intones from above. "I'll help hold him still."

Another twisting of the wizard's deft fingers... this time, golden chains appear, summoned by Mahdi's spellcraft. He flies closer-- and also up out of spider range-- in order to issue the binding.

"Your beast-god is stupid and slow and weak," he spits down at the gnoll, as the chains try to wrap around him.

Casting Chains of light. Reflex save DC 24 or paralyzed.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 19

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included) (+4 vs gnoll chief not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, smite evil (head gnoll), Angelic Aspect (1/10m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert Reflex: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16 (BoF) vs DC 22 or be Nauseated 1r
Gretiem Reflex: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19 (BoF) vs DC 22 or be Nauseated 1r

Lady Luck frowns on the intrepid pair as something from the hairs seems to nauseate Aldebert and Gretiem.

(Is it poison? If so, we have a +4 from breakfast vs poison and Gretiem will make it…)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah positions himself in the now clear doorway in such a manner to best reach the gnolls that fan themselves on the other side of it.

Zenzirad becomes a bloody piston from the dwarf's enlarged body.
BoF for +2 Att/AC

Whirlwind Attack: Starting Top Right, moving clockwise

Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Lunge, Enlarge, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 26 for: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Lunge, Enlarge, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 30 for: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 = 35 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Lunge, Enlarge, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 42 for: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Lunge, Enlarge, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 37 for: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Lunge, Enlarge, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 3 - 4 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 30 for: 2d6 + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 + 1 = 36 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 19-

Status:

AC = 15, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor

Pent watches as the gnolls all fall to Otah's massive attack, so decides that there's likely not a single gnoll which will stand against the large dwarf, so decides that the Sarahtar is much better directed against the massive spider breathing down Aldebert's neck.

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Sarahtar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage

As the magical weapon has as much success as the half at its side, Pent debates further contributions to the battle. He looks down on his trusty crossbow, so takes his own shot, and reloads. When he also fails to lend a stick to the fight, the gnome harumphs loudly, taking full advantage of the Prayer Hall's acoustics.

+1 Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 4 = 12 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

@Aldebert- the write up on the Tarantula doesn't suggest a Poison as mechanism for its Barbs. Only its Bite carries the risk of toxin. Nausea equals stomach distress here, so both Aldebert and Gretiem contend with some neurological ooginess for having been struck by the barbed hairs.

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 6

Mahdi weaves a set of golden chains, which swirl around Narrgok so swiftly, the gnoll priest fails to evade the cinching when it happens. And happens, it does. The follower of the Rough Beast is trapped, mid-air, and begins thrashing helplessly, its spittle flicking anyone nearby.

Its guttural howls pain your ears, as the gnome's harumph is overridden by the gnoll's frustrated noises.

The gnoll priest is Paralyzed, if only for the moment.

Not a single lowly gnoll stands once Otah and his trusted blade finish its deadly arc through each and every. Body parts fall about the dwarf, while Zenzirad drips with gnoll blood.

Amiamble is up!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi smiles a smile that is as feral as any that ever graced Amiamble's face... at least for a moment. "Have fun," he tells the halfling... and the cat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Sweet jeebus, Mahdi.

Round 3, Init 10

Ami’s eyes widen when he is struck by the axe, knowing he cannot withstand that kind of firepower. He will die in seconds to the blade...and thinks about fleeing when Mahdi’s magic hits. Ami’s eyes go wide and he tries to take the gift cat without looking in the mouth.

Ami tries to seize the moment.

”YEEN! THE NECK! BITE THE NECK!” Ami instructs the cat. ”TEAR HIS THROAT OUT!”

Yeen tries to tear the creature’s neck out.

Coup de Catze
2d6 + 26 ⇒ (5, 3) + 26 = 34 damage.

Ami tries to heal himself in case the cat bites off more than he can chew.

CCW: 4d8 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 4) + 15 = 28 healing

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27+1 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+1+4 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, + haste + dispel evil)
HP: Ami: 99/99-49+28 = 78; Yeen: 143/143+11 temp

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*1,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 1/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 5

While Mahdi's Chains hold the gnoll, Yeen places a singular bite above Narrgok's chest, ripping the throat of the Rough Beast's representative completely out. Blood of the beast saturates the big cat's muzzle, while the gnoll priest lies in blasphemous state above the Apse. Its greataxe clatters to the floor below, punctuating the death.

The last antagonist in this macabre theater tries its best to do the same to Aldebert, but it fails miserably, the halfling's protections mightily more than it could ever hope to pierce.

Bite Attack, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 for 3d6 + 20 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) + 20 = 26 damage

The Party is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 19

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Angelic Aspect (1/10m), Nauseated (0/2r)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +11 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

(I do believe that’s the first time I've ever smitten someone, and never had a chance to use it. Nicely done there Mahdi and Yeen!)

Blessings of Fervor for an extra attack this round.

Knowing what it means to attack this beast, Aldebert steels his stomach, and apologizes to Gretiem, as he continues his assault!

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 1 = 31 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 = 35 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 = 27 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
BoF Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 1 = 38 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
critthreat BoF Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 19 + 1 = 27 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 = 19 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13
BoF Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

Aldebert Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 vs DC 22 or be Nauseated rounds: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Gretiem Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 vs DC 22 or be Nauseated as above


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert graciously accepts several tarantula hairs, saving Gretiem the nasty consequence of engaging the gargantuan arachnid with his natural attacks. The spider collapses in short order, the halfling Abadarian only requiring two falls of his blade to see it dead.

Combat is Over. Nicely done.

The noble halfling spends a few moments dealing with the deep unease his body feels being stabbed by the barbs, but he comes to quickly enough, steadying himself in the stable saddle of his steed.

The Temple of Rovagug growls no more, grows quiet in the face of such overwhelming righteousness and raw magical might. This leaves the sounds of battle outside and the sounds of your deeper breathing to occupy the space.

The western doors stand open, while the deep feeling of unease permeates the Apse to the east. There is a single door set in the western wall of the Prayer Hall as well.

Roll20 Map has been updated.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent flits in a respectful circle around Mahdi, while observing the last stand of the Rough Beasties.

"Granted, there wasn't much time between you chaining him, and Yeen maiming him, but would those Chains have endured for seconds or minutes? Could you place the bonds where you wanted, or do the Chains have a mind of their own, once you create them? Do they have to be Chains, or could they be a string of monkeys holding hands?"

The gnome eyes the remaining door, as well as looking and listening out the double doors to the west. "Alright, where next?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Yeen continues to growl and chomp on the leader gnoll’s body, limping tossing it left and right like a cat playing with a rat. After a bit of prompting, Ami will get Yeen to bring the body over and drop it at Aldebert’s feet.

”Look what Yeen did! Kilt a big bad gnoll! Do you see how good Yeen is!?” Ami beams with pride at the exploits of his wonderful cat. ”Yeen is such a good boy! Good boy!!” Ami rubs Yeen’s neck.

After Aldebert has had a chance to admire Yeen’s hunting skill, Ami and Yeen will do a sweep of the Temple, looking for loot and things of interest.

”Maaah-DEE!” Ami turns to the firemage. ”That was a good spell, both of them! You should do that more often,” Ami offers praise. ”Also, are his possessions of any value? Look here.”

Did we ever get a name for this gnoll? Just a lead gnoll or someone significant?


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Spoils of Narrgok:

Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (27 charges)
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Full Plate +1 (Symbol of Rovagug on the Breast)
+1 Greataxe
Belt of Giant Strength +4
A single Key on a keyring


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert, his stomach spent, cleans himself up a bit while the adrenaline burn leaves his system. He's a little shaky, but manages to get it together before too much time has passed.

As he's loading up the loot, he exclaims, "Aye, well done indeed! Let's finish checking the temple before we rest and see what's doing outside."

He gets himself together, raises his blade, and moves to the Apse when everyone is ready.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah surveys the damage done by Mahdi and the halflings, his face revealing being both disgusted and impressed at the same time.

He moves to the door that remains unopened, covering it while the party loots and examines the rest of the temple. When the party is ready, he'll open the door.

10,201 to 10,250 of 10,951 << first < prev | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.