GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,051 to 10,100 of 10,926 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>

CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Grimacing at his unexpected voltage recipience, Mahdi snifs at the appearance of a second retriever. "Hmmf."

He draws a wand and blasts the retriever with it...

Magic Missile, CL 7: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 2) + 4 = 13


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Oops, BOF for +2 this time since we have haste!

"Another one!?"

The dwarf sidesteps, Zenzirad cutting circles through the air.
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 40 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, BoF: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 32 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, BoF: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 25 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted, BoF: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 3 - 4 + 1 + 2 = 21 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 31 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 19

Still invisible Ami and Visible Yeen follow Aldebert into battle, charging at the second foe.

Yeen goes in for a bite....
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 33 to hit; (+feast,+luck,+DF,+charge)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage.

...while Ami offers a withering melee touch attack, putting his tiny hand on the retriever and unmaking it.

1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21 touch (vs flatfooted);
13d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5, 2, 6, 3, 3, 4, 6, 4, 2, 4) = 55 unraveling damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 0/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 19-

Status:

AC = 13
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Haste, Blessing of Fervor

Pent takes his cue from his initial success with the first Retriever, so loads his crossbow again, and fires again. He decides to plant himself against the side of the building nearby, hoping to minimize his profile.

+1 Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 16 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage

"Quickly! Kelmarane still sleeps!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert uses the speed of the mage to close the distance with the second retriever, laying into it with a zealot's strength. Gretiem supports his rider, landing a bite against one of its legs. Mahdi takes a practical approach to destroying a construct from a distance. Amiamble comes out of invisibility, as he reaches a withering hand to affect the retriever, while Yeen bites another of its legs. Pent misses handily, with two comrades in melee. Otah covers the distance between him and the second retriever, and lands the killing blow!

A shame the critter doesn't have Combat Reflexes, for its death knell.

Round 3
Retriever 2- 28 (-166hp)
Aldebert- 27
Mahdi- 26 (-17hp)
Retriever- 23 (-147hp)
Amiamble- 19
Pent- 19-
Otah- 6

Combat is over...

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah (+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Blessing of Fervor- 12 Rounds
Haste- 12 Rounds
Ami Buffs, see above

The Lower Gate reclaimed, you have a moment to observe activity to the southeast of the town. As promised, Nefeshti has made her presence known, with her elite band of janni slowly moving across the desert, in full view of the overlooking Kelmarane. Suddenly, her forces grow from a mere two dozen, to a hundred. The sight and sound is quite awesome.

Spellcraft DC 20:

For your witnessing of Nefeshti's earlier casting of Persistent Image, it appears that she's done it again. This time, she's made it look as if the larger contingent of janni dismissed their at-will invisibility at the same time, revealing a much larger threat in approach to the town.

You start to see Davashuum's janni and gnoll forces beginning to take notice from their vantage in the Heights.

What do you do next?


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert remembers the map, "Let's head counter clockwise to the bridge next. Then around to the back, then up the hill to the temple. Sound good to everyone?"

If so, he rides off to the bridge, mindful to slow Gretiem's pace for the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah surveys the damage with a smile. "Yep, it knows."

"We should head to the North Bridge, it's closest and Nefeshti could prevent more leaders from joining the fray... if we can take it."

Edit: Ninja'd by the halfling. :)


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami nods ferociously to Aldebert, getting his battle rage on now that the fighting is really starting.

”Yes, Brother! To the bridge! Maybe there will be gnolls there for us to sacrifice to honor Sarenrae!” Ami charges after his brother.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent feels the weight of his Carpet, tossed over his shoulder, and wonders if he'd rather soar than roar down the streets of Kelmarane. They hadn't seen anyone posted to rooftops, at least for the early morning, so he feels fast enough for Mahdi's gift of butterfeet that he tries to keep up with his companions, as the head down into Lower Town.

"Clock sounds wise, Aldi. Keep time, don't rush, and we'll have our appointment at the North Bridge before they know it!"

For the quick work of the retrievers, Pent wonders what lies in store at this second stop of theirs in so many minutes...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Your great speed carries you swiftly towards your Second Mission- the North Bridge, and the center of the janni watch/patrols.

Otah becomes your metronome, his usual clip the slowest of you all. 20' move, increased to a 40' move, quadrupled in a Run, your slowest is moving a whopping 160'/round.

Less than half a minute later, you find yourselves at the intersection of the road. To the north, the watch tower at North Bridge. It has a minaret, which has a copper bell catching the light of the rising sun. There is a second floor in the minaret, which provides a nice vantage over this intersection...

To the south, the road that leads out of Kelmarane, towards the southeast, where Nefeshti's 'great' army marches.

To the east, more directly, new buildings erected in the restoration of Kelmarane.

Crossing the bridge is a janni patrol moving south. The great interest in the approaching army has likely already reached their ears. Standing and watching the janni patrol about to pass by is a small pack of gnolls dressed in slaver gear, growling in obsequious support.

When you arrive, each group seems to become aware of the others, though with varying levels of interest. Threat levels uncertain...

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Janni: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Janni Captain: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Gnolls: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Round 5
Mahdi- 24
Janni Cap- 22
Janni- 18
Gnolls- 16
Amiamble- 14
Pent- 12
Otah- 6
Aldebert- 2

Mahdi is up! Roll20 Map has been updated. To be clear, hostility hasn't erupted, but you're buffed, and rounds are ticking, so yeah, Rounds...

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 7 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 7 rounds
Ami Buffs


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

(can't fail that spellcraft, taking the AC/Ref boost for the foreseeable until I declare a different bennie)

"Nefeshti is clever," Mahdi says in low chuckle. "Now for OUR part of 'shock and awe...' "

Mahdi gives a dismissive look to the gnolls-- Ami will be happy, he knows that much-- and gazes with a sinister smile on the jann patrol on the bridge.

"You have no idea how much I am glad to be back from the plane of fire...."

Another tiny, tiny bead of ember-brightness flicks from his fingers, towards the jann.

(Delayed Blast Fireball, detonating right now despite the name. Hitting all the jann.)

Reflex DC 28 for half or take: 13d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 3, 4, 4, 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 2, 5) = 54

A second after the little bead leaves Mahdi's fingers, the bridge erupts in an especially bright conflagration of flame, washing over the jann patrol.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The janni are taken by surprise, fire erupting in massive conflagration around each and every one of them!

The Floor is Lava:

Reflex Save v DC 28, J1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Reflex Save v DC 28, J2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Reflex Save v DC 28, J3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Reflex Save v DC 28, J4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Reflex Save v DC 28, J5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Reflex Save v DC 28, J6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Reflex Save v DC 28, JC: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Five of the six janni fall to the flames, leaving the captain and his lone soldier alone at the bridge! The two give each other a knowing look, and both swiftly disappear!

Mahdi:

You can tell that your fire did not burn as powerfully against the jann, but that didn't seem to matter to the five dead. Resist Fire 10

Spellcraft DC 22:

The wily genies have decided to slip into the Ethereal Plane, having cast Ethereal Jaunt.

The gnolls snarl and howl their surprise, as several, more powerful, creatures burn before their black eyes. The gnolls Delay.

Meanwhile, the bell in the Watch Tower begins to clang...

Amiamble is up! The gnolls are likely to come out of Delay before the rest of you act...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"The last two went ethereal. Be prepared for them to re-emerge," Mahdi says, while cracking his knuckles. "That tower bell might be a problem..."

From where we are, do we have any line of sight to the top of the tower to see who is ringing the bell?


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

You have line-of-sight, as a decent vantage allows a two-way street for spying the possible watchman, but you see nothing from where you stand.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5, Init 14

Ami moves up 30’, making a few choice gestures to the gnolls. They are most of challenge, defiance, and a lot of questions about the gnolls purity and hygiene. He ends the invite to battle with an flame strike, targeting the 4 gnolls on the right.

13d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2, 5, 4, 4, 2) = 47 fire/divine damage vs. DC 21 reflex for half

Yeen readies to bite the first gnoll that comes close.

1d20 + 18 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 3 = 24 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 3/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*0)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Floor is Lava:

Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Reflex Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

First janni, now gnoll! The pack of gnoll slavers collapses, almost to the last, as Amiamble spares the life of fifth to spread the word of Sarenrae's Coming. It doesn't hesitate to bolt, leaving the intersection and the scattered dead.

The copper bell rings in echo, but it no longer peals. The bell ringer is no longer actively striking it in alarm. The job is done.

The Watch Tower has the main doors facing you, the bell tower second floor, and the side door by the pier, by which you may attempt entrance, by normal means.

Round 5
Pent- 12
Otah- 6
Aldebert- 2

...
Round 6
Mahdi- 24
Janni Cap- 22
Janni- 18
Gnolls- 16
Amiamble- 14

Pent, Otah, and Aldebert to finish Round 5, and Mahdi and Amiamble can take their Round 6 actions! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 7/6 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 7/6 rounds
Ami Buffs


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 6, Init 12

Status:

AC = 14, Hasted
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = Haste, Blessing of Fervor

The gnome bolts across the intersection, imagining all sorts of attention now drawn to this section of Lower Town. "Hurry! The quicker we clear out the position, the quicker we can move on to the next one, you know, before we have even more to deal with here...!"

Speed currently doubled to 60', Run x4 = 240', so the gnome burns sand worms.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah darts down the street. As he passes the building he throws his weight into a vicious stomp-slide and veers left. "Gnome, don't run off into a sword!"

(20+30)x3=150, Boot Trick to turn 90" on a charge/run.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 2

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147 +11 temp
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Aldebert and Gretiem surge forward, using their speed to close as best they can (run, but can't turn the corner, so still a little ways from the door).


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 6

Ami has to hold back Yeen from sprinting after the fleeing gnoll, and instead turns the cat to follow the quick carpeted gnome. He uses haste-fueled movement to double move. As he moves by, he delights in the scent of burning gnoll wafting to the skies. That is the only good gnoll scent in his mind.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Scourge makes haste in crossing the intersection, arriving at the doors of the Watch Tower. The inside is, for the most part, quiet. The sound of the copper bell above still echoes behind the front doors.

Round 6
Pent- 12
Otah- 6
Aldebert- 2

...
Round 7
Mahdi- 24
Janni Cap- 22
Janni- 18
Gnolls- 16
Amiamble- 14

Pent, Otah, and Aldebert to finish Round 6, and Mahdi and Amiamble can take their Round 7 actions! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 6/5 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 6/5 rounds
Ami Buffs


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 6, Init 12

Status:

AC = 16, Hasted, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = BoF, Haste

Pent takes the initiative to open the front doors of the Watch Tower, to allow his folk a way forward. If they open, he remains at the side of the door. If they don't, he quickly points out that they might need another way in, and he gets ready to mount his Carpet, eyeballing the bell tower.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The front doors open easily enough, unbarred as they are.

The set of unlocked double doors leads into the bottom of the 20-foot-diameter minaret, where a single door to the north waits. There are stairs headed upwards, towards the bell.

Roll20 Map has been updated.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 6, Initiative: 2

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147 +11 temp
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

I go after Otah, so this may change.

Aldebert and Gretiem ride swiftly into the entry chamber and to the far door (thanks to haste, single move) which Aldebert then opens.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 7, Init 14

Ami spins his ring again, turning invisible after blasting the gnolls to ashes. He guides Yeen in behind his brother.

BoF to ACs.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi drifts after the others, airborne as is his wont ever since he became powerful enough to manage that for much of the day.

"If that captain and the other survivor are intelligent, they'll have reported to Davashuum or other superiors immediately," he observes. "And who knows what the bell alarm will signal."

Even as he speaks Mahdi's pricking his finger with a tiny needle and muttering words under his breath.

Single move, cast false life as standard to get new temp hp back after that lightning-to-the-face incident.

Temps: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

The Scourge ducks into the Watch Tower, the dwarf bringing up the rear. Kelmarane sounds more awake outside, as you enter the interior.

Round 7
Pent- 12
Otah- 6
Aldebert- 2

...
Round 8
Mahdi- 24
Janni Cap- 22
Janni- 18
Gnolls- 16
Amiamble- 14

Pent, Otah, and Aldebert to finish Round 7, and Mahdi and Amiamble can take their Round 8 actions! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 5/4 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 5/4 rounds
Ami Buffs


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 7, Init 12

Status:

AC = 16, Hasted, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = BoF, Haste

Pent waits for Otah to get inside, before he himself follows, closing the doors behind them, for the privacy of a Watch Tower purge... Move Action to scoot, Move Action to close doors.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Ah, overlooked Aldebert opening doors on his last turn. Roll20 Map is updated.

This room contains a large table, some chairs, and a small kitchen area in the northeast corner. Six bedrolls lie on the floor in the eastern half of the room.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Oops, I checked in early AM yesterday and didn't get a chance to get back to it.

The dwarf darts into the doors opened by the gnome. He pauses delay so Aldebert doesn't need to change his action for the faster halfling to open the far door, then moves inside.

If the door is locked or fails to be opened... I guess the dwarf will try to go through it anyway...

Ninja'd by the DM! :)

Otah moves to the kitchen side area and investigates what lays there.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

As the steely dwarf slips into the guard room, two jannis slip from invisibility to surround Otah, striking him from flank!

Scimitar, Flank, O: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 22 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
Scimitar, Flank, O: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage

Scimitar, Flank, O: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 30 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage

As fast as they attack, both suddenly disappear! Greying them to show where they were before disappearing.

Concentration v DC 19, R: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Concentration v DC 19, B: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Blue provokes an AoO from Otah!

Spellcraft DC 17:

The janni captains appear to have a Quickened Invisibility in their arsenal of tricks.

Aldebert and Mahdi are up! Hold up for a moment, Amiamble, as the events suddenly trigger more quickly here...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 8, Initiative: 2

Aldebert Status:
HP: 147/147 +11 temp
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Aldebert and Gretiem smoothly sail into the room and attack the area where blue was last seen, presuming they can’t attack, turn invisible, AND move all in the same round…

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 3 = 40 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 84
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 3 = 25 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 3 = 36 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12 low is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 62


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami waits to act, having solutions to jerky invisible jerks. He’s invisible too, but is slightly less jerky than others.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Sorry! In my haste, I overlooked the jannis' ability to deal sneak damage. Please accept another 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 precision damage, Otah.

Aldebert joins the fight, against foes unseen, and manages handily to strike at the substance of the stalker behind Otah, hitting twice, while Gretiem finds a target with first tongue, then bite! Blue doesn't look so good, but he remains upright, for the time-being.

Within moments, another two janni captains appear out of thin air, and swipe at Aldebert, from the rear!

Scimitar, Flank, Al: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 40 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (3, 3) = 16 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 39 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage

Green's first thrust is a painful one, overcoming each and every buff the halfling could have thought to prevent such an attack.

Scimitar, Flank, Al: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (4, 6) = 23 damage

Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 9 + (5, 6) = 22 damage
Scimitar, Al: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage

Both janni captains take a moment to disappear again!

Concentration Check v DC 19, G: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Provokes AoO from Aldebert, and, I think, Otah
Concentration Check v DC 19, O: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Provokes AoO from Aldebert, and, I think, Otah

In the Minaret, two more janni captains appear, at Mahdi's side! Sadly, they are only able to muster a swing apiece. But what strikes they be...

Scimitar, Flank, M: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 39 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (6, 2) = 21 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 36 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage

Scimitar, Flank, M: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 33 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (6, 3) = 21 damage

Both janni captains disappear again!

Concentration Check v DC 19, P: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Provokes AoO from Mahdi
Concentration Check v DC 19, Y: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Provokes AoO from Mahdi

Mahdi and Amiamble are up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert takes a painful blow, piercing his feast protection (temp HP) and cutting into his flesh. He responds with an AoO.
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 3 = 36 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

No combat reflexes, so just one swing.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

What are their concentration checks for? Are they trying to cast defensively? If they fail the defensive cast, it doesn't provoke an AOO, but they also do not get the spell off (so do not go invisible).

Also, Mahdi currently has a see invisibility up No, no I don't dammit. I could swear I had but I see no mention of it in my posts for today. Welp. My bad.

Hissing at the sudden appearance of bastards, Mahdi borrows a page from them and disappears. "A mistake," he says darkly... then flies away.

Defensive cast of vanish, can't fail the DC, and then moving as per the map


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Ah, my noobness in spellcasters is showing. Ignore the Concentration Checks then. They're wilier than I. Speaking of wily...

As Mahdi attempts to fly through the inner doorway, he is stopped before he can do so, as two invisible bodies collide. The lurking janni captain, still cloaked in invisibility, can do nothing against an invisible opponent, but certainly takes up the space required to prevent other incursions from taking place...

You'll still have movement, eh, Mahdi? Feel free to reposition, as needed.

Amiamble is up!


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

GM: Well, if they're NOT casting defensively, then they ARE provoking AOOs, and the damage may make their spells fail, so it will make a difference. Basically the flowchart is as follows:

1) Caster is threatened, wants to cast a spell:

Either A) Cast defensively (concentration check), which will not provoke an AOO either way-- the check is to see if you succeed at casting, but either way you're safe from any AOOs. If you fail, however, you still lose the spell.
Or B) Cast heedless of the threat, provoke AOOs from anyone who threatens, but if you take damage from AOOs during, then you have to make a check with the following DC: 10 + the damage taken + the level of the spell you’re casting. (If you fail that check, you also lose the spell.)
It's probably the most tactically sound choice for them to cast defensively when dealing with our melee big boys, since they are likeliest to hit on their AOOs and likely to do enough damage to ruin the spell anyway; if, on the other hand, they're only threatened by me and Pent as an example, then they might choose option B since we don't do that much damage and might not even hit them on our AOOs.

I hope that makes some sense!

Mahdi won't have taken any AOOs because he has no weapon drawn usually and therefore doesn't threaten.

"--there's an invisible one blocking the damned doorway!" Mahdi snarls, and pulls back instead-- after speaking of course.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

If they're casting quickened invisibility, doesn't that not provoke?
If they are provoking... Combat Reflexes

AoO Blue Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 36 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1

AoO Green Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 42 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Confirm, Icy Burst: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 40 for an additional: 4d4 + 22 + 6 + 24 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 3) + 22 + 6 + 24 = 61 Cold: 2d10 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

AoO Orange Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 23 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 8, Init 14

BoF to Yeen's attacks, Ami to defense.

Invisible himself, Amiamble still carefully casts invisibility purge (65' range) because he is worried that his brother might be in trouble.

Now able to see foes, Yeen lunges at pink, seeking to rend the flesh of the janni.

1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 43 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.
1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34 grab

Haste:
1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 42 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage.

Claws:
1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 34 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 3 + 2 = 36 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 18 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 3 + 2 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast/haste/luck,+BoF)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27. Yeen: 28+5+4=37 (barkskin, mage armor)
HP: Ami: 99/99+0 temp; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast)
[ dice]1d6+9[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 0/8 used (DF*0,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*0)
Lvl 2: 3/8 used (barkskin*0,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*1,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 2/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*0,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 1/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*0,DispEvil*0)
Lvl 6: 0/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*0)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Otah is correct, if they are casting quickened.

"--" Mahdi becomes visible, and looks irately at Ami.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami, now also visible, waves back to Mahdi awkwardly.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Alright, then. A little bit of 'in their shoes', and more attention to the 'Cast Defensively', and I'm ruling that almost every janni captain failed to slip back into invisibility, so cautious are they to avoid your attacks, on the front end.

This denies Aldebert and Otah their response AoOs. Sorry to dangle the possibility, chaps. I appreciate the clarifications, Mahdi.

Pent closes the exterior doors, hoping to keep the siege of the Watch Tower a private affair. Otah steps even further into the main guard room, to investigate the kitchen, when janni captains appear out of thin air! Red manages to slip back into invisibility, while Blue does not.

Aldebert and his steed lay into Blue, with a precision which would have just as easily struck an invisible janni captain as the quite visible one standing at the dwarf's flank. The halfling's entrance pulls two more janni captains from their hiding states. Green strikes true, and both Green and Orange fail to slip into invisibility, due to their concern of imminent return fire.

Meanwhile, the Minaret devolves swiftly into mayhem, as two more janni captains suddenly appear at the fire mage's flanks, mid-air. Out of martial instinct, they, too, try to implement a cautious defensive casting, and fail like so many others.

Mahdi shows the jann how it's done, Vanishing, and exploring the close quarters of the Watch Tower. He finds a stealthy barring of the inner door by yet another janni captain intent on separating the field.

Amiamble evens the playing field, unleashing a purge of the invisibility cloaking a couple of jann, one irate fire mage, and himself, making it nigh impossible for the foes to utilize such sweet skill. This allows Yeen to savage Pink, grabbing the janni captain mid-air!

Round 8
Pent- 12
Otah- 6 (-10hp)
Red Janni Cap- 5
Blue Janni Cap- 4 (-49hp)
Aldebert- 2 (-28hp)
Green Janni Cap- 1
Orange Janni Cap- 1-

...
Round 9
Pink Janni Cap- 26 (-56hp/grappled)
Yellow Janni Cap- 25
Mahdi- 24 (-57hp)
Amiamble- 14 (grappled)

Pent and Otah are up! Roll20 Map has been updated.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 4/3 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 4/3 rounds
Ami Buffs


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Okie doke.

"Ah... there you are!"

Otah's bounds up onto the table, Zenzirad coming around in a wide downward arc.

Acrobatic Steps, Lunge, Whirlwind Attack. BoF for the AC

Blue Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 38 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Green Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 39 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 33 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Orange Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 26 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 35 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Purple Zenzirad w/ Bane, Moved, Pwr, Hasted: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 33 for: 2d4 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 12 = 32 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bane: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Red is too close.. :(


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 8, Init 12

Status:

AC = 16, Hasted, BoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = BoF, Haste

Pent bounds up the stairs, heedless of Yellow's proximity, to deliver a healing touch to Mahdi the Manifested. "If it's any consolation, it's much easier to heal you if I can find you, Mahdi. I could have followed the sound of your voice, but it echoes pretty magnificently in this minaret, don't you agree? You could have been anywhere, with as loud as you bellowed when you bumped into the lurker at the door down there."

The gnome places paw on the fire mage, and hopes to heal as much as he can.

Cure Critical Wounds: 4d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 8, 7, 4) + 13 = 36


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

AoO, Scimitar, P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

The gnome takes a slash to the side in order to deliver much needed healing to the suddenly seeable fire mage.

Otah steps into the center of the room, perched powerfully on the dining table, then brings Zenzirad in a full swing that somehow manages to miss his fighting companion halfling.

Blue drops outright, already bleeding severely from Aldebert's concerted attack with Gretiem! Green, Orange, and Purple are freshly injured, giving them something cold and dark to think about.

Otah:

"Well done, Otah. Their blood is warm, but not for long, if it pours onto the floor. Let's do that again."

Something in her vibrations eases the fatiguing muscles in your forearms, like a pugilist getting massaged in his corner, before returning to the fight.

Red circles Otah, slipping into flank with Orange.

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (6, 6) = 26 damage

Scimitar, O: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23 for 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (2, 5) = 21 damage

Red hisses, as he misses. He looks to Purple in the doorway, who shakes his head, flicking it in the direction of those in the Minaret. This seems to be enough communication between the two captains, and Red doesn't bother with trying to disappear.

Aldebert is up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 8, Initiative: 2

Aldebert Status:
HP: 130/147
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 4/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 10/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 +13 temp (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)(Blessing of Fervor +2 not included)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (1/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion Enlarged (1/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Blessings of Fervor, Haste
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Blessings of Fervor for +2attacks/AC/reflex saves this round.

Aldebert takes what nature has given him, a target rich environment, and makes the best of it. He attacks orange first, then 5’ steps into its space should it fall, and continues his attacks on purple, finishing with green should he get so lucky.

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 19 + 3 = 29 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 3 = 21 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 = 31 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
critthreat Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 3 = 17 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Hasted Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 3 = 39 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
critthreat Hasted Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 19 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 19 + 3 = 27 (feast, bof) damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 3 = 37 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
critthreat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 3 = 37 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 = 14 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 = 17
Hasted Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 3 = 26 (feast, bof) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 = 19


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Owww. Thank you Pent," Mahdi mutters.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Aldebert and Gretiem make a fierce stand against the unfortunate jann, unable to revert to their invisible protections. Orange falls first, seasoned to taste by Otah's vicious whirlwind attack. Then, Purple, then Green finally, as Gretiem brings him down with his own savage bite!

Pink drops his scimitar, freeing a hand to draw a dagger with which to strike at the cat's rider. The grapple ensures his failure to do so.

Dagger Attack, Am: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 2 = 26 for 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage

Yellow harries the healer, this time, seeking to extinguish the fountain of vitality.

Scimitar, P: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage

Scimitar, P: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 for 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

Round 9
Pink Janni Cap- 26 (-56hp/grappled)
Yellow Janni Cap- 25
Mahdi- 24 (-21hp)
Amiamble- 14 (grappled)
Pent- 12 (-52hp)
Otah- 6 (-10hp)
Red Janni Cap- 5
Blue Janni Cap- 4 (-93hp)
Aldebert- 2 (-28hp)
Green Janni Cap- 1 (-87hp)
Orange Janni Cap- 1- (-83hp)

Mahdi, Amiamble, Pent, and Otah are up! Sorry, Aldebert, Red is still up.

Party Buffs
Shield of Faith- Aldebert, Otah(+4 Deflection Bonus to AC)
Haste- 3 rounds
Blessing of Fervor- 3 rounds
Ami Buffs


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Allow me to repay the favor of the assistance," Mahdi says, and jerks a finger in a jagged line, causing electricity to rip through the two closest jann.

Lightning bolt, hitting yellow and pink, DC 23 reflex save or take:

10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1) = 26 (electricity, save for half)

(Casting defensively, can't fail that DC, and keeping BOF as an AC boost)

10,051 to 10,100 of 10,926 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.