GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


10,351 to 10,400 of 10,950 << first < prev | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | next > last >>

CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"The things behind us are iron golems. If they didn't activate with our racing past them, they might not at all. And they might not be able to follow us along the shaft in any case."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Gods gnome, you haven't ranked this badly since I met you."

The dwarf's nose twitches before he holds his nostrils closed. Grunting, he follows after the halflings.

"Let's hope that we finish this before we need to find out if they want to try and stop us from leaving."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Otah wrote:
"Gods gnome, you haven't ranked this badly since I met you."

"Given the circumstances, I'm surprised my backside is still dry. This Tower gives me the willies. And there are more levels above us. Just, uh, stay in front of my behind and we'll be right-side up."

Pent follows the others in the ascent, hoping he hasn't inspired the halfling mounts to their own, artisan farts.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

From the Second Floor of the Brazen Tower to the Third, you spy a large war table through the column's archway, two braziers lit to both sides. Amiamble indicates that Davashuum is not to be found on this level, that he is yet higher in the Tower...

For the time battling/exploring, the bearded devil winks out of existence on this plane.

Getting to the Fourth Floor, you find an opened door awaiting you. Tall, wide windows along the curving walls of this large chamber provide a panoramic view of the town and the dome of the battle market below. Luxurious carpets line the floor, and several desks sit in the northern portion of the room buried under maps and papers. A small sitting area with luxurious chairs and divans fills the western half of the room, while silken curtains screen the southern quadrant.

Waiting for you on either side of the entrance to this floor stand four large humanoids, composed of several gnoll bodies stitched together to make a much larger monstrosity. Well, four such monstrosities...

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 17:

These lovely specimens are Flesh Golems, Neutral Large Constructs. They are quite Immune to Magic, and sport all the requisite Construct Traits, and have 10' reach.

1 question for every 5 above 17

They don't immediately engage. Perhaps once you enter the room..?

Amiamble:

Vardishal thrums, almost with a tone of menace.

This is where he waits. His time has come. Do this, now.

Initiative:

Aldebert: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Amiamble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Mahdi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Otah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Pent: 1d20 ⇒ 17
FG: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
CG: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
D: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Round 1
Amiamble- 28
CG- 27
D- 21
Pent- 17
FG- 17
Otah- 14
Mahdi- 13
Aldebert- 11

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor. The door greeters are considered Flat-Footed against Amiamble and Pent, only.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 1, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 121/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp, 20m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Hoping they have a moment, Aldebert will use the time to cast Mirror Image (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7) on himself in anticipation of battle.

If, however, the party enters the room prior to his init, and the golems begin moving, he’ll simply 5’ step NE and start swinging!

Attack rolls:

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 20 + 1 = 28 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 = 20 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16
- - -


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 1, Init 28

Ami pauses briefly to gird Yeen for the fights to come, then charges out with the cat into the fray. They charge behind of the foes, Yeen lashing out with his teeth. Shield of Faith to Yeen.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 1 + 1 = 34 to hit; (bite,feast)
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage

Ami stays invisible.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 99/99; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 3/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*1,Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 1, Init 17

Status:

AC = 16
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent decides that the Column is more than cozy, given the welcoming party just outside. The gnome taps the dwarf, steeling his way with Sarah's protection. Cast Shield of Faith on Otah- +4 Deflection Bonus to AC for 13 minutes

"Best of luck, Odie. Those things look quite obstinate in peacefully dying. You should encourage them with a firm blade to pass through the Veil, permanent-like."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Sorry for the delay :( Some family stuff ate up my time. Back into the saddle

Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43 I'll assume I know everything about flesh golems then...

"Ah! Flesh golems! --between that and those iron golems there's quite a lot of.... construction going on," Mahdi chuckles. Probably nobody else does.

"Immune to most magic... only most, though. I can still be of use. You'll want to hit them hard-- and don't use electricity-- but other than that, just hurt them more than they hurt you. Mind their arms when you go in to hit. Otah, that icy weapon you have should slow them down!"

Mahdi will try and fly out, potentially provoking from two of them, and go for 20 feet up (so a height that should be outside of golem's reach). He will then fire jet the one engaged with Yeen; it's an SU ability so should overcome the magic immunity. The golem will get a reflex save, DC 24, to half the damage and not be on fire, but either way it is going to be slowed if I understand the flesh golem immunity/exception correctly.

Fire damage, DC 24 for half: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
If failed, on fire for one round and taking: 1d6 ⇒ 5 On next round
Slowed for: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 rounds


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Sorry! Combination of waiting on Otah's move, and crazy week, and we've been decently delayed. Let me remedy that, posthaste.

Amiamble and Yeen take full advantage of their quickness to battle. Flying across the room, Yeen takes on one of the further Flesh Golems. If only the cat's teeth were coated in adamantine!

Amiamble:

He is close! You waste your energy on these... these things. Seek out the Corrupted!

The wave of hatred almost staggers you, but it does not overrun Yeen's predatory instincts...

Pent layers some of Sarah's lather on Otah, ensuring the dwarf will be harder to hit, from a sliver of divine intervention.

The flesh golems animate! Well, two of them, at the rear, are drawn to the large cat, though they seem very unlikely to inflict any blows for the cat's protections.

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 6) + 5 = 18 damage
Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 1) + 5 = 14 damage

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 6) + 5 = 19 damage

Otah GMPC slips into a small delay, waiting to see what else awaits them as they all pour into the Fourth Floor.

Mahdi steps forward and high, provoking the door greeters.

Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17 damage

Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 5) + 5 = 18 damage

For his pains, the fire mage tags the first of the four flesh golems, allowing Yeen some latitude in battle.

Reflex Save v DC24: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Aldebert sees two of his four companions take to the Tower's floor plan, so joins the fray, sans mirror images for now. The doorway prevents him from ducking into the room with minimal movement, though his more robust movement fails to provoke further fleshy attacks, as Mahdi's already triggered them. Both Gretiem and Aldebert land significant, singular blows against the flesh golem to the northeast.

Mahdi is about to inform the Scourge of a new entrant to the battle, exposing an invisible lurker, at the same time that the lurker comes out of invisibility, to target the fire mage. "Leave the Tower the way you came in." A strange humanoid stands behind the flesh golem to the right as you enter. He is made entirely of brass, gleaming in the light of the room.

Knowledge(Planes) DC 22:

This individual appears to be a Kolyarut Inevitable, a Lawful Neutral Outsider. Kolyaruts are enforcers of bargains, traveling to the very edges of the planes in order to punish oath-breakers and see that contracts are kept. They care little for the terms of the agreements in question, only that promises are fulfilled, debts are paid, and balance is maintained. Least conspicuous of the inevitables, even in their natural form, kolyaruts are the size of tall humans, though they weigh far more because of their composition.

1 question for every 5 above 22

Spellcraft DC 18:

The individual is ably casting Suggestion.

Mahdi, a Will Save v DC 16. Failure, and you may obey the brassy man, and his instruction.

Round 2
Otah- 29
Amiamble- 28
D- 21
Pent- 17
FG- 17 (-19hp/On Fire/Slowed 6r, -29hp)
Mahdi- 13 (-35hp, Will Save DC 16)
Aldebert- 11
CG- 10

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Sorry. The last two weeks have been silly. And my phone didn't update any new post tags.

Delaying is good. If the fire mage implies the newcomer is a foe (and where it's at), he'll come out of delay and engage it.

"Didn't we leave the brass place?" the dwarf grumbles as the newcomer enters.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 2, Init 28

Ami watches a Yeen tears into the fleshy meat person, wishing the cat had adamantine teeth. Ami casts Divine Power though Yeen to give the cat aid in this fight.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 44 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 30 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18 damage

Pot crit:
1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 31 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15 damage.

Ami stays invisible.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 99/99; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 2, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 121/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp, 20m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Enjoying his target rich environment, Aldebert will continue to press his attacks! If his opponent falls, he’ll 5’ step to the next.

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 20 + 1 = 40 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
critthreat Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 1 = 26 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 = 30 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 = 35 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 2) + 8 = 15
critthreat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13

”Mahdi, be strong lad - stay with us!”


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

The fire-mage curses at the powerful strikes of the elementals, more than he'd expected really, though he thinks it's worth it... until the new arrival shows up.

Mahdi will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Mahdi shakes his head to clear the annoying suggestion. "Mm. No. I'll be staying."

Planes: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35 I'll go for DR and SR

"A-- kolyarut? Here? Why on earth do YOU serve Davashuum-- he broke his own oaths of service if anyone did," Mahdi says, befuddlement briefly breaking across his face. "No matter-- if you're here and in his service, then you're in the way of our task-- preserving balance on this plane and seeing it isn't charred to cinders!"

I don't see the kolyarut on the map; is he south of the southmost one? If Mahdi feels threatened by him he would move. But either way his action will probably be the same-- I will cast firesnake, shaping it to get all the golems, and the inevitable if I can as well. I have 13 suqares to work with, so after the last golem is hit I drew the line going three more but I could shape it to hit the inevitable if it is nearby, potentially. I believe that the fire damage itself will not do any damage to the golems, because of their immunity, but because it IS a fire type spell it will slow them for 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 rounds.

However, if I can catch the inevitable too, it will potentially burn it. SR check:

Spell Resistance, Spell penetration: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 2 = 18 Bah, humbug


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 2, Init 17

Status:

AC = 16
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent watches Mahdi get mauled, and mints some motivation to move forward to mend the mage.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 6) + 13 = 23 points of healing to Mahdi

"Much better. You'll be more likely to remain upright if you keep your blood pent up in your veins." The gnome chuckles to hear his name-made-adjective. It happens so infrequently, he makes a promise to use it more often.

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment, Prayer
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)
7th Level = Holy Word, Regenerate
Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble remains invisible, while the blood of the golems splatters both he and Yeen. The large cat is steady, but the flesh is oddly un-anatomical, so the predator can not find the 'throat' of the threat.

Amiamble:

You waste precious time. These things are nothing. Davashuum is the only enemy that matters!!

Pent heals the fire mage, before the risk rises to perilous levels of damage.

The gnollflesh golems continue their assaults, wherever they can find a target.

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 damage

Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 7) + 5 = 19 damage
Slam Attack, Y: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 8) + 5 = 15 damage

Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 = 8 damage
Slam Attack, Al: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 7) + 5 = 20 damage

Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 damage
Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11 damage

Mahdi lays down the lapping flames, involving each and every fleshy foe, as well as the brass man standing to the eastern part of the room. Had to orient myself a little- added compass to the map.

Otah braves the room's denizens, seeking out the singular foe over the fleshy plurality.

He does draw two opportunistic swipes from the monsters in passing.

AoO, O: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15 damage
AoO, O: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9 damage
Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16 damage

Zenzirad, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 22 - 4 = 19 for: 2d4 + 11 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 12 = 26 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Aldebert and Gretiem flay the animated gnoll carcasses, slaying both of the already-injured golems, leaving two to contend with.

The kolyarut resigns himself to the dwarf's hostility. "You will find your efforts a waste of what little time you have remaining."

Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage
Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 damage
Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 damage

"Now, leave the Tower the way you came in, dwarf."
Otah, Will Save DC 16. Failure, and you may obey the brassy man, and his instruction.

Spellcraft DC 22:

The kolyarut was capable of leveling a Quickened Suggestion at Otah.

Meanwhile, a strange new guest appears out of thin air, Mahdi again catching sight of the invisible assailant just before he lashes out at Aldebert from across the room. A tall and imposing janni with darkly tanned, weather-beaten skin, a shaved head, and piercing, pale blue eyes stands before you. He wears loose blue robes and carries a silver-shod quarterstaff.

Aldebert, please make a Fortitude Save DC 16. Failure, and you will have been Reduced in Size.

Round 3
Amiamble- 28
Pent- 17
FG- 17 (-111hp, -88hp, Slowed 7r, Slowed 7r)
Mahdi- 13 (-30hp)
Otah- 12 (-49hp, Will Save DC 16)
Aldebert- 11 (Fortitude Save DC 16)
CG- 10
D- 9

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 3, Init 28

Those who can see invisibility would see Ami's head jerk up. The look on his face would show Ami's desire to be elsewhere and doing something else...probably killing something else that also needs to die. But he looks over at his companions and instead of going to fight another fight, urges Yeen on the next foe so that they might be slain even more quickly.

Ami and Yeen step closer to the near golem and again starts to tear and gash.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 25 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 27 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 30 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 30 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 = 18 damage

Ami stays invisible.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 99/99; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Uh, GM, with all due respect, I tagged Otah before he entered the combat with Shield of Faith, so I think I denied you confirming that critical. A lot to keep track of, I'm sure...


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Ah, that you did, ser Pent. Duly noted. Otah, you are less injured by 16 hit points. That may come to matter...


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 3, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 121/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp, 20m)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +4, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +6 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 vs DC 16 or experience shrinkage… (That was close...)

Aldebert wheels Gretiem around. He nods to his brother, You’ve got this, before charging the newcomer!

”Now cut that out!”

Greatsword (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 3 = 38 (feast, charge) damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 3 = 33 (feast, charge) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

If that slow took, all the golems are AC -1, attacks -1, and only one attack per round, just in case it was missed. Will do proper post in a bit.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Disarm AoO, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34

The Large janni waits patiently enough for the small halfling to charge him, before plucking Aldebert's Greatsword from his much smaller hand! The janni can not, unfortunately, disarm the gecko's teeth, which find him easily enough, blood seeping from the new wound in his thigh.

Aldebert has been Disarmed. His greatsword is now in the janni's hand.

Aldebert:

I calced your CMD at present to be 30 (10 + 13BAB + 3STR + 1DEX -1SIZE + 4DEF). Let me know if the calculation is in error.

The Slow definitely took, but the way I set up the Round Summary, I've been inserting their attacks only after everyone's posted their actions. Yeah, a little goofy, but if any of them are still up through this next round, they will act like they felt the fire...

Pent, Mahdi, and Otah are up!


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"It's going to be like that is it?"

Aldebert picks up his blade from the ground, brazenly provoking the janni to see what he does.

(As his disarm occurs just prior to my attack, I still have a standard action I believe, which I'll use to re-arm myself.)


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Glad your SoF is up. Just a note that Otah has mobility... and his AC hits 30 when drawing AoOs for moving.

Will vs Spell DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"No. Get out of our way."

Otah shifts Eastward 5-feet and sends Zenzirad at the brass man.

Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 3 - 4 = 30 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 30 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 17 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 3 - 4 = 32 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 34 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Zenzirad, Moved, Pwr: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 3 - 4 = 25 for: 2d4 + 11 + 3 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 3 + 12 = 29 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 5


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Could swear I posted. Sorry.

"Thank you," Mahdi mutters at Pent for his healing, and gives kolyarut a grim look. "You're inevitable; we're unstoppable; it seems there was some sort of koan about all this. Stop making those niggling little suggestions."

He gestures and explodes golden light over the southernmost golem and the kolyarut.

Glitterdust, will save dc 20 or blind


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 3, Init 17

Status:

AC = 16
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent monitors his mon amis, and makes sure his measure reaches each.

Channel Positive Energy, no no gnoll goals: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 5) = 23 points of healing to the injured

"All the antagonists!! Death to the left, might to the right!! I can only imagine that we've struck the heart of the cowards in the Tower!!"


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble remains unseen to those unable to see invisibility, while Yeen almost brings down a third golem of gnollflesh, though its resistance to damage keeps it standing. Pent makes sure his companions energize to the continued fight.

The remaining gnollflesh foes fall under the fire mage's effect, finding very little to do other than swing once. They both target the source of their newfound restriction- Mahdi. Amazingly, both attacks fail!!

Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 1 = 14 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10 damage

Slam Attack, M: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 1 = 13 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 3) + 5 = 16 damage

Mahdi brushes off the fleshy fists, striking at both uninjured flesh golem and kolyarut with his dazzling magic.

Will Save v DC 20, FG: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Will Save v DC 20, CG: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

The flesh golem seems quite blinded by the blast, while the brass man shrugs off the magical effect. Both, however, sport the glitter.

Otah engages the brass man in melee, testing Zenzirad's affinity for kolyarut flesh. The strange creature-man takes two of the the three swings, and is injured strongly, though not as mightily as the dwarf's weapon would be fully capable of administering. DR

Totes forgot your Mobility, Otah- you yourself avoided the crit confirm, screw the limelight grab by the gnome ;)

The first thrust of a new engagement begins, as Aldebert charges a new entry into the battle!! The Large Janni plucks Aldebert's weapon from his small hand, forcing the halfling warrior to seek another weapon in his arsenal with which he can continue to engage!! I had hoped to be clear- the Large Janni succeeded in an unarmed Disarm, allowing him to secure the weapon automatically. I'm presuming Aldebert has more than one greatsword?

The brass man looks around the cannon fodder flesh golem, sizing up Mahdi. "You're certainly a worthy threat. Not sure how you gained entrance, but you're proving to be quite difficult to convince that this is a battle not worth your effort."

This time, the brass kolyarut casts a more powerful magic, hoping to influence both Mahdi and Otah, simultaneously.

Defensive Casting v DC 23: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

Spellcraft DC19:

The kolyarut is casting Fear.

Mahdi and Otah- Please roll a Will Save DC 17. Failure, and you become Panicked. Success, and you're only considered Shaken for 1 round.

The Large janni looks down on Aldebert, tossing aside the greatsword with little or no thought, only glad that it no longer sits in the halfling's hand.

"You have little regard for your lives. Are you Nefeshti's little sacrifices, then? She not interested in seeing this through to her death?" The Large janni looks beyond Aldebert, in the direction of Yeen. "Ah. I see. You are simply pawns. Things to be knocked aside, for the true powers to meet. Alright, little one. You're alone in your team's representation, so you shall be the sole recipient of my ire."

Quarterstaff, Al*: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage

The Large janni looks down on Aldebert as if vexed by something other than the halfling. "At least she protected you well. She must value you."

Round 4
Amiamble- 28
Pent- 17
FG- 17 (-111hp, -88hp, -42hp/Slowed 7r, Slowed 7r/Blinded)
Mahdi- 13 (-7hp, Will Save DC 17)
Otah- 12 (-26hp, Will Save DC 17)
Aldebert- 11
CG- 10 (-47hp)
D- 9

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Will save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Can't fail that spellcraft

Mahdi shrugs off the attempted emotional manipulation with a grimace, even if he is somewhat shaken by the raw magical impact of it. Gritting his teeth, he says, "I flew under the wings of a red dragon to help my colleagues. I've been to the Plane of Fire and stared the sultan of the City of Brass in the eye. The existence of this whole world depends on what we do here.... and your master's thugs took my BROTHER."

"And you think that little, weak flicker of doubt will sway me?"

He blasts the brass man with a jet of supernatural flame.

DC 24 Reflex save to take half and not be on fire. SU so it overcomes SR.
Fire damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Snort

Mahdi also flies a little higher to be out of reach of the golems.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 4, Init 28

Ami fights the twice impulses to go tearing after Davashuum and going to help this brother, but instead continues to eliminate the fleshy men in his way of both.

Yeen continues to tear and gash.

1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 35 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19 damage

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 40 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 4 = 17 damage.

1d20 + 19 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 19 + 1 + 4 = 36 to hit; (claw,feast)
1d4 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage.

DPower Attack:
1d20 + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 31 to hit; (bite,feast,DP)
1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14 damage

Ami stays invisible.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 99/99; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*0,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 4, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 121/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp remaining)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Aldebert would have drawn his crystal great sword then. He frowns when his opponent tosses his sword to the side and watches it fall, ”You should show some respect.” He slowly grins as he does his best to gut him!

Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 = 26 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Greatsword (magic): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15 (feast) damage: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 6) + 8 = 15
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10

(By the gods, those rolls!)

Aldebert clearly is out of sync with his weapon as he flails around the target. Gretiem too likely misses, as he ducks to avoid Aldebert's more aggressive thrusts.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Will vs DC 17: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Poop.

Zenzirad clatters to the ground as the dwarf succumbs to the brass man's magic. Clutching his beard to protect it from flame, he sprints away in hurry.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 4, Delay to Init 12-

Status:

AC = 16 SoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent watches with extreme interest in the what the brass man brings next. He's ready when more dissuasive magic erupts, enveloping everyone but he himself, which he deems quite fortuitous.

"No, no, no no no, no. Your petty magics won't do with such dire consequences afoot. You want to defeat my friend, you square off with your weapon, and trade bleeds like warriors. I don't know if your heart is brass, too, but here, you speak words that reflect your human foibles, so man up, and stop projecting your fears on my friends!!"

Dispel Magic, Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

The gnome waggles a finger at the dwarf, and bids him stay a while longer. "Hey, Odie. You're good. Might want some metal in your hand, if you're gonna match your might with the man of brass there."

Spells for the Scourge:

0th Level = Create Water, Guidance, Detect/Read Magic
1st Level = Endure Elements, Liberating Command(x2), Shield of Faith(2/3)
2nd Level = Resist Energy(x2), Lesser Restoration(x2), Spiritual Weapon(x2)
3rd Level = Dispel Magic, Magic Vestment, Prayer
4th Level = Blessing of Fervor, Freedom of Movement, Restoration
5th Level = Flame Strike, Raise Dead, Summon Monster V
6th Level = Heroes' Feast, Wind Walk(x2)
7th Level = Holy Word, Regenerate
Domain Spells = Longstrider, Locate Object, Fly, Cure Critical Wounds, Breath of Life, Find the Path


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Yeen continues his savaging of the golem, felling the fleshy fellow with his final feline flense.

The last gnollflesh golem hears the clank of Zenzirad hitting the floor, to lash out in Otah's direction.

Slam Attack, O: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 1 = 25 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 61

The creature moves just slowly enough for the weaponless dwarf to duck!

Mahdi remains steadfast, striking the brass man with a burst of flame that injures him, however lightly.

Mahdi, Otah:

You notice that the slashes in brass are thinning a little. The kolyarut is demonstrating observable regeneration.

Reflex Save v DC 24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The kolyarut in brass somehow accepts the fiery mantle from the mage.

Otah succumbs to the brass man's third attempt to mentally force someone from battle, moments before Pent reverses the attempt.

Aldebert confronts who can be no other than Davashuum. The halfling politely invites the janni to draw first blood, when the halfling's blade proves as effective as the janni's quarterstaff.

The brass man glitters in Mahdi's magic, and stands over Otah, daring the dwarf to pick up his blade. "Obstinate mortal things. Your earthly attachments will be your downfall, if not mere disappointments."

Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 damage

Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 damage

Bastard Sword, O: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 for 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage

The kolyarut somehow looks more disappointed than he already was, after his bastard sword fails to damage Otah even once of three swings.

Meanwhile, Davashuum feels out Aldebert a second time. First, he tries to disarm the halfling, again, fist thrust towards the new blade. Then he stabs the quarterstaff at the halfling's noggin, attempting to stun Aldebert in discouragement from further melee.

Disarm, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage
Quarterstaff, Al*: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage
Quarterstaff, Al: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage

Aldebert, please make a Fortitude Save DC 20, or be Stunned for 1 round.

"Show me your metal, halfling. Show me what Nefeshti enlists against mighty Jhavhul."

Round 5
Amiamble- 28
FG- 17 (-111hp, -88hp, -82hp, Slowed 7r/Blinded)
Mahdi- 13 (-7hp)
Otah- 12 (-26hp)
Pent- 12-
Aldebert- 11 (-14hp, Fortitude Save DC 20)
CG- 10 (-54hp??, On Fire)
D- 9

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor.

For the timing, Otah's right where he was, only missing Zenzirad, which lays at his feet.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Thanks for moving him back on the map.

Not wanting to bend down against his foes, Otah draws his horsechopper from his haversack and thrusts it into the kolyarut.

+1 Keen Cold Iron Horsechopper, Pwr: 1d20 + 23 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 23 - 4 = 29 for: 1d10 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 12 = 31


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 5, Init 28

Ami barely watches Yeen dispose of the last golem before setting his eyes on the next prey: Davashuum.

"Come, Yeen! Today we dine on immortal!" Ami guides Yeen towards Davashuum (single move).

Ami quickcasts (swift) Cold Ice Strike at Davashuum.

12d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 4, 4, 6, 4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 4) = 40 cold damage (DC 22 reflex for half)
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 SR

"Jhavhul is here. Can you not even see the instrument of your death before you?" Ami, now visible, challenges, pointing to the powerful cat.

He flicks his ring again turns invisible again.

Combat Stuff:

ACs: Ami: 27 Yeen: 28+5+4=37+5 = 42 (barkskin, mage armor, +Shield of Faith)
HP: Ami: 99/99; Yeen: 143/143

Ami:
[ dice]1d20+12+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+7+1[/dice] to hit; (slingstaff, melee, feast)
[ dice]1d6+2[/dice] damage.

Yeen:
[ dice]1d20+18+1+4[/dice] to hit; (bite,feast,+DP)
[ dice]1d6+9+4[/dice] damage.
[ dice]1d20+19+4[/dice] CMB to grab

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

[ dice]1d20+19+1[/dice] to hit; (claw,feast)
[ dice]1d4+9[/dice] damage.

Lvl 1: 3/8 used (DF*1,EE*0,AirBub*0,LibCom*0,ShiFai*2)
Lvl 2: 4/8 used (barkskin*2,CMW*0,Bull*0,RE*2,Grace*0)
Lvl 3: 4/7 used (mag vest*2,MCaE*1,InvisPurge*1)
Lvl 4: 4/7 used (AirWalk*2,DivPower*2Grove,FoM*0,CCW*0,DeWard*0)
Lvl 5: 4/7 used (BrLife*0,CLWmass*0,FlameStrike*2,DispEvil*0) Battle*1
Lvl 6: 2/5 used (ColdIce*1,StoneTell*0,MassCMW*0,Heal*1)
Extend Rod: 3/3 used (barkskin*2,MCaE)

Yeen.: Mage Armor,Barkskin,MCvEvil. Airwalk.
Ami:

Endure Elements (Yeen & Ami), Magic Vestment (Yeen & Alde), Resist Fire (Yeen), Extended Barkskin (Yeen & Aldebert), Ext. Mag Circle Against Evil (Yeen).


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 107/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp remaining), Mirror Image (6 images)
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 vs DC 20

(Yeah, he disarms me. CMD is the real weakness of this build - hard to deal with being small.)

Aldebert spits on the ground, ”So do you want to fight, or dance?” He reaches down for his weapon (provokes) and comes back up casting! He defensively casts Mirror Image (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6).

Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 vs DC 19

Gretiem continues to gnaw away as well!
Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 = 35 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13
crit threat Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12

Gretiem Bite (magic): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22 (feast) damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 = 18


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Small build CMD is painful yes :( been there

"Enough of this," Mahdi growls. "Otah, if I do something about your dance partner, can you dispatch the last of these golems and help Aldebert? He seems to keep losing his weapons."

Mahdi adjusts his flight pattern slightly for better oversight of the room, and then starts winding an arcane pattern around the inevitable. "You're called inevitable. Unstoppable, they say. What happens when you meet an immovable wall?"

The kolyarut needs to make me a Reflex save, DC 24, or he is caught within a resilient sphere


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Round 5, Init 12-

Status:

AC = 16 SoF
HP = 99/99
Weapon Equipped = +1 Light Crossbow
Condition(s) = None

Pent appreciates his place in the center of the all the goings on. He's got a quick exit down the central chimney, as well as vantages on both sides of the fight, the halfs on the -hole, and the mage and mate on the brass man.

He's never been good at firing bolts at the baddies, but he's always been there to make sure his friends were healed or protected, by Sarah's might. She's always been as good as Her Word. And Her Word is really, really Good. So Good, in fact, that it rises to the front of his brain, and glows like a firefly, swirling lazy patterns in front of his eyes, and spelling out a new power, the likes he's never used. His gnomy fingers reach out in front of his nose, and Pent plucks this power from the air. His hand travels back to his mouth, where he proceeds to place his pincers, and fuzzy lips encircle a new Word. A brief burble longer, and Pent utters the Word, this time launched from his own tongue.

Cast Holy Word

Sarah's Word rings in everyone's ears, and though the gnome speaks a single Word, the Word heard by each recipient is Wholly Personal.

The only word to follow the Word is "whoaaaaaaa...." It doesn't occur to him that any of his companions might suffer from anything emanating from Sarah...

All non-good folk present suffer the effect :/ sorry Mahdi. Will Save DC 23, or suffer 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds of Deafness. Not sure if anyone else is 'non-good'


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble pops into sight, casting a cold against Davashuum from afar, then blinks out of sight, again.

Reflex Save v DC 22: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 chuckle

The Large janni seems to take no damage at all from the barrage of ice. Evasion, likely

The remaining flesh golem tries as it might to injure something still breathing about it. Otah remains nearby.

Slam Attack, O: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11 damage
Miss Chance, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Mahdi lays down the force with the brass man, hoping to snag it within a Resilient Sphere.

Caster Level Check v DC 23: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 You're welcome, Mahdi ;)
Reflex Save v DC 24: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

And as the fire mage's wrist finishes its metaphorical encircling, the brass man stands encased in a sphere of force!! The kolyarut continues to burn, but its wounds continue to heal...

With his dance partner unavailable, Otah turns his attention to the blinded golem trying to slam him. His trusty horsechopper handily hacks into the big thing's side.

Pent sounds off, and everyone more naughty, less nice takes the Word of his Goddess personally.

Will Save v DC 24, FG: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Blinded for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 rounds, Deafened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

Will Save v DC 24, CG: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Blinded for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 rounds, Deafened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

Will Save v DC 24, D: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 Blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.

Knowledge(Planes) DC 20:

The janni shirks off any attempt at the gnome's Banishment from the Material Plane, as he is a Native Outsider, strongly enough connected to this Plane, he is not forced back to another, outsider plane...

Aldebert picks up his weapon with complete anonymity, bringing himself more protection in the form of several mirror images, while a less shimmery Gretiem gnaws on the janni's left leg.

The brass man stands defiantly, trying his weapon twice, to no effect, so he drops his attempts at hacking his way free.

Davashuum fails to resist the gnome's word, so decides to disappear.

Spellcraft DC 19:

The janni used something similar to a Dimension Door. He hasn't turned Invisible.

Round 6
Amiamble- 28
FG- 17 (-111hp, -88hp, -82hp, -26hp/Slowed 6r/Blinded)
Mahdi- 13 (-7hp, Will Save DC 24)
Otah- 12 (-26hp)
Pent- 12-
Aldebert- 11 (-14hp, Fortitude Save DC 20)
CG- 10 (-54hp??, On Fire, Trapped for 13 Minutes!)
D- 9 (-13hp, Blinded 4r)

The Party is up!! Roll20 Map has been updated. The broken red circle indicates the wall of the column, and where you'll be able to enter the Fourth Floor.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"That's right!! Sarah's here, and She's something to fear!! Surrender now and... hey. Where'd he go? Come back and fight like a lackey, you coward!! You represent Jhavhul, and we represent Nefeshti, and we're meant to collide until you fall down, the weaker one by far!!"


4 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Will save vs Holy Word: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Grahhh--" Mahdi clutches at his head. "Whaatt did you-- I can't hear-- PEEENNNTTT!"

Mahdi's voice is unnaturally loud as he tries to hear himself to no avail. He glares at Pent for a half a second, before realizing that Davashuum is doing.... something. Can't fail either spellcraft or the planes checks mentioned

"I DO NOT THINK SO," he shouts, still yelling too loudly. "YOU -- NNGH!!!!!!"

Gosh darn it. I was 5 feet too far away from Davashuum to try and use my Steward of the Great Beyond ability. *shakes fist*

"hE telePORTED! I cannot hear a dAMNED tHING!"

Move action to draw a scroll of dimensional anchor; std to (ready to) cast haste when all allies are within 30' of each other.

"EveryONE get NEAR me so we can LOOK FOR HIM fASTER!"

Spell failure chance due to deafened, 1-20 bad: 1d100 ⇒ 75


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Round 6, Init 28

Ami looks from his failed spell to Otah's mad thundering utterance to Aldebert, then finally to Yeen.

"Aldebert! Where did he go?" Ami guides Yeen to the left and right and eventually ends up near Otah (double move) as he scrambles to find his foe.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Round: 5, Initiative: 11

Aldebert Status:
HP: 107/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp remaining), Mirror Image (6 images, 1/10m), Hasted
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 1/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

”Blast!” Aldebert swears when his opponent disappears. He sheathes his crystal great sword, as he wheels Gretiem toward his magical one. He leans down and picks it up (provoking).

(Not sure where my blade ended up, but Aldebert moves there. Please move me on the map.)

”So that was Davashuum huh? Too bad he didn’t stick around. Still, he can’t have gone far. Brother, do you not sense him? I cannot track magic, but I suspect he’s still in the tower.”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah is Neutral Good

The dwarf is taken aback by the sudden change in the fire-mage cadence. He picks up Zenzirad Provokes and sprints alongside the remaining golem to Mahdi's side.

"How long is Brassy stuck in his hamster ball?"


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"A long time. At least ten minutes," Mahdi says over his shoulder.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Mahdi wrote:
"Grahhh-- Whaatt did you-- I can't hear-- PEEENNNTTT!"

Pent initially correlates Mahdi's outrage with his own, as Davashuum pops out of the room, until he hears his own name, not the janni's. He can't avoid the reflexive straightening of his spine, as his superior companion berates him for the ill effects that surely couldn't have also struck the fire mage in the process of announcing Sarah's Declarative Word.

Mahdi:

The gnome does his best to mouth his response.

"~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~!! ~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~. ~~~'~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~!!"

Aldebert, Amiamble, and Otah:

"Sorry about that, Mahdi!! I may have judged the lean to your mien more gold than silver. Won't make that mistake again, you have my Word!!

The gnome does as he's bid, and sidles up to Mahdi, awaiting what must be a burst of the glorious speed. Of the tongue, mainly, because the fire mage can do aught-naught for the speed of his Carpet.


Roll20 Link- Legacy of Fire | Roll20 Link- Age of Worms

Amiamble:

The voice is clarion, and shrill. Vardishal is vibrating enough to set Yeen's hackles at full attention.

Nooooo!!! Do not let him get away!! He is below, you must pursue and end him!!

The last gnollflesh golem doesn't last long in the face of the frontliners, its slowed condition affording it little response to the incoming attacks that end it...

The brass man continues to glare from his force prison, but does little other than burn for a short while longer, and stand largely uninjured.

Gonna GMPC a little, to Hasten our progression...

Amiamble is struck by otherworldly inspiration, indicating to the Scourge that Davashuum has dropped to a lower floor within the Tower.

Mahdi provides his acceleration, and the party takes to the central chimney, to drop to lower floors, slowly at first. With each passing floor, Amiamble shakes his head, and indicates that Davashuum is lower still.

By the time you reach the first floor, it's clear- Davashuum has taken to the Cellar, where you recall a pair of stone golems resided, guarding a door...

I'll give pause to the moments before the descent, in case you'd like to prepare... Roll20 has been shifted, but it will change as soon as I see a green light to move to the Cellar.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah puts away his horsechopper for the glaive.

That was... embarrassing.

The dwarf draws a vial from his belt, and prepares to consume it as they enter the cellar area...

My notes say I have a potion of Shield of Faith (+4 bonus)... from 2016! Now seems like a good time to use it. Post


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

"Davashuum is cowering in there," Ami points to the door. He pats Yeen on the head, renewing the Divine Power magics when others are ready.

"Mah-DEE, do we need to worry about those statues?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert Status:
HP: 107/121
AC: 37 (F36/T18) (Barkskin, Magic Vestment, and Shield of Faith included)
Conditions: +2 wis skill checks (circum.), Endure Elements (24h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Barkskin (+5), Magic Vestment (+3), Shield of Faith (+4 deflection), Protection from Fire (109hp remaining), Mirror Image (6 images, 1/10m), Hasted
Weapon Equipped: Greatsword
Greatsword Attack BAB +13/+8/+3, Str +3, Focus +1, Magic +3, Size +1, Luck +1, (Power Attack -3) Damage Str +4 (1.5x), Magic +3, (Power Attack +9 (1.5x)) (Crit 17-20)
Summon Mount: 2/2 (Full round)
Smite Evil: 3/5 (Swift, +4 attack, +13 damage, +4 AC)
Lay on Hands: 9/10 (Swift, 6d6 healing +1d6 if not blinded, fatigued, diseased, or poisoned)
Pearl of Power (first) 2/2 (second) 0/1
Enlarge Metamagic Rod (2/3)
Armor - Daylight (1/1)
Spells (caster level 10, concentration +14, DC 14+)
1) Bed of Iron, Endure Elements, Hero’s Defiance, Liberating Command
2) Mirror Image, Paladin’s Sacrifice, Shield Companion
3) Angelic Aspect, Angelic Aspect
4) Dimension Door
- - -

Gretiem Status:
HP: 82/82 (DR 5/evil)
AC: 30 (F26/T15) (included: mage armor +4, shield companion +1)
Fort: 10 Reflex: 10 Will: 6 (SR 15, Resist Cold, Acid, Electricity 10) CMB: 14 CMD: 27 Move: 40’
Conditions: Mage Armor (1/13h), Hero’s feast (2/12h, +1 attacks/will & +4 poison (morale)), Shield Companion (Enlarged, 2/10h, +1 AC, +1 saves included), Air Walk, Protection from Fire (89hp, 20m)
Smite evil (swift, +0 att +11 dam) (1/1d)
Tricks: Aid, Air Walk, Attack x2, Come, Defend, Deliver, Down, Fetch, Flank, Flee, Get Help, Guard, Heel, Hunt, Menace, Seek, Sneak, Stay, Watch, Work
Bite Attack BAB +8, Str +5, Amulet +1 Damage Str +7 (1.5x), Amulet +1 (Crit 20)
- - -

As they descend, he’ll use a pearl of power to replace the Mirror Image spell he just cast, in case he needs it again, though it still purrs along for a while. (I think we’re trying to move pretty fast as we’re under a time limit, and have spells going. How long does it take us to get to the cellar?)

”I guess we should have fought those stone golems when they were alone.” he shrugs with a smile. ”They’re bound to be tougher now.” he adds.

His blade is out and ready as the party heads to the cellar. He charges in ahead with Otah and his brother.

10,351 to 10,400 of 10,950 << first < prev | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.